Mamamoo; korean girl group

Reactions:

Re: Mamamoo; korean girl group

Post by Guest »

I want it to be gay too but it’s possible they’ll try to appeal to gp with the title. So I wouldn’t be shocked if it’s het. Remember it’s the only song on the album Byul and Yong didn’t have much to do with. It could be why they went out of their way to make the b side gay where they did have more involvement

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

The subs for the song are horrible. Usually they aren't this bad.
Some sentences make zero sense.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Mar 2023, 15:35
They are okay.

Really fun to see the struggle to find something to shit on this comeback :rofl:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Mar 2023, 15:14
I hope ggbb will also be gay coded. Remember citt and what Byul made with that?
I just want them to dance with each other.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Mar 2023, 15:40
Guest wrote:
They are okay.

Really fun to see the struggle to find something to shit on this comeback :rofl:
:eyeroll:
Stop with the defensiveness. The song and mv is incredible.
Whoever did the subs sucks.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
21 Mar 2023, 15:14
I hope ggbb will also be gay coded. Remember citt and what Byul made with that?
I just want them to dance with each other.
da
They did say there is a lot of "pair choreography" in GGBB, whatever that means.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Moonbyul went to one football show and walked away with multiple moms.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Mar 2023, 15:56

Moonbyul went to one football show and walked away with multiple moms.
:rofl:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Ngl I was confused af too. But because it is hard to translate literature and folk tale reference. I would definitely need to check the Chinese sub since they manage to capture the meaning better than engsub.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

these made me laugh harder than they should have :rofl:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Mar 2023, 15:05
I was so immersed in Chico malo I completely forgot we still had a title track to drop, I got so shocked when I saw this post 😭 but Solar you liar, this doesn't look "vampirey" at all! :lol:

_illusions
Reactions: 11

Post by _illusions »

I love the song, like all kpop songs these days theres sudden style and mood changes in the middle of the song but I actually really enjoyed it. Even tho the mv is lower budget I think they did really well with what they got, and it does come across as a couple who fought and each sees the other as in the wrong, the back and forth etc

The ONLY (only!) thing I wish was changed was just I dont like the random "chico malo" sprinkled in, its jarring

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Has there been a full translation of the lyrics yet? Chosshi used to do those but she's inactive now

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Mar 2023, 16:27
Guest wrote:
I was so immersed in Chico malo I completely forgot we still had a title track to drop, I got so shocked when I saw this post 😭 but Solar you liar, this doesn't look "vampirey" at all! :lol:
It makes me curious to see if GGBB will have more of a story or only them in different sets in different outfits.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Mar 2023, 14:39
The only way Imma stream this song is on mute, with a wide smile on my face because moonsun. This song isn't my cup of tea, its got weird transitions and the rap feels out of place
Good to know am not alone. Did not like the song, hoping for a better tt. But the mv is interesting, plus it's my fav ship so no complaints except maybe a bigger budget 😅

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Mar 2023, 15:33
I want it to be gay too but it’s possible they’ll try to appeal to gp with the title. So I wouldn’t be shocked if it’s het. Remember it’s the only song on the album Byul and Yong didn’t have much to do with. It could be why they went out of their way to make the b side gay where they did have more involvement
This wouldn't surprise me. Also Byul and Yong seem so much more hyped about the pre-release than the title track.
They're like "CHICO MALO!!!!! IT'S SO GOOD!!!... oh yeah, and there is GGBB too."

Although they might hype it more the closer we get to the release date.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Mar 2023, 17:21
Guest wrote:
This wouldn't surprise me. Also Byul and Yong seem so much more hyped about the pre-release than the title track.
They're like "CHICO MALO!!!!! IT'S SO GOOD!!!... oh yeah, and there is GGBB too."

They did say in today’s live that ggbb is a better song and has different charms and to look forward to that

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Mar 2023, 17:29
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

They did say in today’s live that ggbb is a better song and has different charms and to look forward to that
They never said it was a better song, just that it has different charms. They both said their favorite song on this album was Chico Malo.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Mar 2023, 17:50
Guest wrote:
21 Mar 2023, 17:29
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

They never said it was a better song, just that it has different charms. They both said their favorite song on this album was Chico Malo.
DA
Byul mentioned today that GGBB is the better song. I literally just watched it.
But yeah, they both said before that CM is their favorite.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Mar 2023, 16:26
these made me laugh harder than they should have :rofl:
The memes this cb have been top notch :rofl:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Is it me or did they delete the tweet with the solo pictures?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

the intern probably fucked up and released them too early

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Solar looking latina in those teaser images. :lol:
For some reason I get the feeling we’re getting a little couple dance break in the mv. I’m hoping for a little bit of salsa partner dance.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Mar 2023, 17:08
Guest wrote:
21 Mar 2023, 16:27
Guest wrote:
It makes me curious to see if GGBB will have more of a story or only them in different sets in different outfits.
Personally I'm not a big fan of this first set of outfits, I hope the ones to come are better

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

The concept exceeded my expectations, even the challenge is so fun and creative, they really worked hard preparing for those tiny details, and the mv serves it's purpose, it doesn't need to be glamorous as its supposed to be on theater.

But the song is another version of illella/aya, instead of being done by 4 it's now done by 2. (This is my personal opinion i really don't like the path KDH is taking), the song is more of okayish but was saved by the concept. Since it's prerelease I'm counting the days till the big release and hoping for moonsun sound.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
They are okay.

My favorite is still the person on Reddit who asked 'where's the budget?' because obviously quality is directly proportional to the amount of money spent :rofl: If you don't break the records of 'most expensive MV ever!!!!' every time you release a new MV, it seems like you're not worth it. Kpop rots your brain to some things, I guess

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Since it's prerelease I'm counting the days till the big release and hoping for moonsun sound
If you go and take a listen there is actually a muffled spoiler at the outro of Chico malo mv

If any of you are heading to go listen please listen to the whole song to help with the views a bit

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Mar 2023, 20:07
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
They are okay.

My favorite is still the person on Reddit who asked 'where's the budget?' because obviously quality is directly proportional to the amount of money spent :rofl: If you don't break the records of 'most expensive MV ever!!!!' every time you release a new MV, it seems like you're not worth it. Kpop rots your brain to some things, I guess
Quality is visual and reflected in location, props and other gimmicks, where budgetary allocation is required. So where's the budget is a legit question because a big chunk of budgets is also involved in marketing.

We know they worked with mostly in-house producers and the mv was shot by zb who have a long standing association with rbw. We can appreciate the song, the mixing, the lyrics and Solar and moonbyuls artistry but we cannot in good conscience skirt the question of where is the budget.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

We have to consider it’s not the main single it’s a b side and they also have an mv for the other b side

So they split the extra budget between mvs for two bsides and we don’t know how much was spend on the lead mv

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Mar 2023, 20:19
Since it's prerelease I'm counting the days till the big release and hoping for moonsun sound
If you go and take a listen there is actually a muffled spoiler at the outro of Chico malo mv

If any of you are heading to go listen please listen to the whole song to help with the views a bit
The views are fine

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Mar 2023, 20:37
Guest wrote:

The views are fine
Yes they’re fine and they could be better. What’s the problem with encouraging people to stream lmao

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Mar 2023, 20:37
Guest wrote:

The views are fine
This is the biggest copium ever.
Only a year ago Solar managed to hit 3 million views in the first 24 hours with Honey. And Byul like 1.5m with Lunatic. People lost interest in the whole group during the past year and it shows in views.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
21 Mar 2023, 20:07
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
They are okay.

Quality is visual and reflected in location, props and other gimmicks, where budgetary allocation is required. So where's the budget is a legit question because a big chunk of budgets is also involved in marketing.

We know they worked with mostly in-house producers and the mv was shot by zb who have a long standing association with rbw. We can appreciate the song, the mixing, the lyrics and Solar and moonbyuls artistry but we cannot in good conscience skirt the question of where is the budget.
Da. My guess is that since Byul spoiled that all songs are getting a music vid, majority of the MV budget for this cb went to GGBB and whatever was left was split between the Chico Malo and LLL MV’s (with CM having a slightly bigger budget compared to the latter because I don’t really see that much need for higher production values for a slower b-side).

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

The fact that parts of both of their solo fandoms are also boycotting cause they are so threatened by Moonsun doesn't help either.

Solar and Moonbyul are rich and are certainly not doing this for the money anymore. But it would be nice for them to get somewhat okayish views and sales.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:

Da
I thought that was just "Stand by me" unless they actually sampled that song for the title track.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Mar 2023, 20:56
Guest wrote:

Da
I thought that was just "Stand by me" unless they actually sampled that song for the title track.

Da. I also figured out the sound from the post credit is not from.ggbb itself. Cannot wait to hear snippet of the song!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Mar 2023, 20:56
Guest wrote:

Da

Wow, I'm an idiot. I was thinking how that GGBB snippet sounds very 60s like. I did not realize it's from Stand by me.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Mar 2023, 18:47
the intern probably fucked up and released them too early
I checked and the pictures are still there on YouTube and Insta, only the post on twitter got deleted, weird...

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Mar 2023, 20:50
The fact that parts of both of their solo fandoms are also boycotting cause they are so threatened by Moonsun doesn't help either.

Solar and Moonbyul are rich and are certainly not doing this for the money anymore. But it would be nice for them to get somewhat okayish views and sales.
boycotting? Moonsun is, sadly, only supported by MS shippers and some of ot4, solo fans support them but they don't go extra miles compare to their solo cb.

sales: too early to judge,
views: if they want to keep up with other groups, rbw needs to do something about it, otherwise, moos aren't into streaming

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Mar 2023, 21:41
Guest wrote:
21 Mar 2023, 20:50

boycotting? Moonsun is, sadly, only supported by MS shippers and some of ot4, solo fans support them but they don't go extra miles compare to their solo cb.

sales: too early to judge,
views: if they want to keep up with other groups, rbw needs to do something about it, otherwise, moos aren't into streaming
DA. I mean it’s a pre-release so like I don’t know what people were expecting views-wise, if they get 400-500k by day one that’s pretty good. There will probably be ads and such for the actual release. If anything I think the people who aren’t really pulling through are casuals, because their solo fan bases really aren’t big at all.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

People asking for the budget don't realize the outfits, the props and lighting costs money. This is way more pretty that some of the most expensive mvs that you can think of.

The song that you can hear at the end of the mv isn't exactly like "Stand By me", so I think ggbb actually sounds like a retro 50's song.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Mar 2023, 22:07
People asking for the budget don't realize the outfits, the props and lighting costs money. This is way more pretty that some of the most expensive mvs that you can think of.

The song that you can hear at the end of the mv isn't exactly like "Stand By me", so I think ggbb actually sounds like a retro 50's song.
If it isn't Stand By Me then GGBB for sure was sampled from it cause it sounds way too similar

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:

Apart from the clothes costing a bomb which i didn't think they did. The lighting was pretty standard ( I work as a assistant to dp - so I know a thing or two ) the props ? Surely you got to be joking.

I am pinning my hopes of getting a more budget allocation from rbw for the tt because chico malo was severely under budget (even for a bside) the girls pulled it off through and through

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Mar 2023, 23:13
Guest wrote:

Apart from the clothes costing a bomb which i didn't think they did. The lighting was pretty standard ( I work as a assistant to dp - so I know a thing or two ) the props ? Surely you got to be joking.

I am pinning my hopes of getting a more budget allocation from rbw for the tt because chico malo was severely under budget (even for a bside) the girls pulled it off through and through
DA
The Mv was simple and minimalistic enough that I'm sure they didn't spend that much money on, BUT despite being minimalistic it still doesn't give off cheap vibes at all and actually looks gorgeous Imo, so I don't get where the issue is.
PS: they never do anything too big for the b-sides just look at 1,2,3 Eoi VS Illella or Aze gag VS Yes I am or Taller than you VS You're the best...so this isn't something out of the ordinary.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

I sincerely do not understand what a bigger budget would accomplish for this MV concept and storyline. To me, the MV is pretty as well as effective in telling the story they wanted to tell. I like that it's different from the normal TT MVs of MMM where it's mostly just shots of them in different outfits and background. I dunno, more expensive doesn't always mean better.

And, I also echo the points of others that MS already said they prepared MVs for all 3 songs. They don't have an infinite budget to go around.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

One of the designers for Byul’s hanbok posted something and then took it down because it was a spoiler presumably but anyway from that persons page it’s apparently a hand crafted one. And honestly does look it it oooks stunning. So I can see some decent money going into the costuming

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Mar 2023, 23:38
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

I sincerely do not understand what a bigger budget would accomplish for this MV concept and storyline. To me, the MV is pretty as well as effective in telling the story they wanted to tell. I like that it's different from the normal TT MVs of MMM where it's mostly just shots of them in different outfits and background. I dunno, more expensive doesn't always mean better.

And, I also echo the points of others that MS already said they prepared MVs for all 3 songs. They don't have an infinite budget to go around.
x2 for the bolded part. There's this one group out there whose name I don't need to say that always claims each new MV of theirs is the most expensive one ever and half of them turn out to be below average and meaningless. Having a bigger budget here sounds like your typical kpop stan need for comparative gloating instead of an objective improvement to the product.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

This is totally random but the two women playing instruments in the mv were so regal and beautiful, I loved the addition

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Mar 2023, 20:06
The concept exceeded my expectations, even the challenge is so fun and creative, they really worked hard preparing for those tiny details, and the mv serves it's purpose, it doesn't need to be glamorous as its supposed to be on theater.

But the song is another version of illella/aya, instead of being done by 4 it's now done by 2. (This is my personal opinion i really don't like the path KDH is taking), the song is more of okayish but was saved by the concept. Since it's prerelease I'm counting the days till the big release and hoping for moonsun sound.
I agree. (I thought i was being biased bc I'm not a KDH fan. lol) For the TT, music wise my expectations are on the ground, while concept wise i have no worries.

I loved the MV and the concept. The outfits are gorgeous, and I loved the choreo. To those bitching about the budget, hit them with the iconic "sometimes things that are expensive are worse." 🤷‍♀️

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Mar 2023, 20:06

As a Latina, it always baffles me that any song with a bare minimum Latin sound is often lumped together by kpop fans as samey. Egotistic, Aya, Illella, and Chico Malo are such wildly different songs that I can't even grasp your comparison here. The song is pretty great as it is, btw, nothing repetitive.

And it's worth remembering that Moonsun had no participation in composing or writing the title track, so it'll carry even more of KDH than this one.