Mamamoo; korean girl group

Reactions:

Re: Mamamoo; korean girl group

Post by Guest »

It’s not true. The decision is already made. You don’t make a decision the day of or the week of when ur contract expires. Whatever it is it is already written because homegirl already has an album she plans on releasing this year, be it with RBW or another company. The stroke of the pen is already done. This announcement is just a diversion from negative press

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Considering she's not on any rbw fam concert, I'm guessing she did not renew.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
24 May 2023, 02:32
It’s not true. The decision is already made. You don’t make a decision the day of or the week of when ur contract expires. Whatever it is it is already written because homegirl already has an album she plans on releasing this year, be it with RBW or another company. The stroke of the pen is already done. This announcement is just a diversion from negative press
Sa of course it's a diversion.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
24 May 2023, 02:43
Just jpn line up was announced and kard isn't there either. Not every artist is there. So until we don't get the kr line up that's pretty bad to make assumptions, especially considering the rumours about the wanderers concert at the end of july and the hwasa cb that's also in the air. It could be she isn't there or that she's really busy at the time, surprising no one with the scale od the reality.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Not entirely accurate. She's not in the Japan concert lineup but they haven't announced the lineup for the SK one.

What's interesting is that her contract expires June 17 while the MMM encore concerts are on June 16-18. So at the very least, they've figured out the group stuff already. My money's still on her re-signing with RBW (ugh), but we'll see in a month.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
24 May 2023, 02:52
Guest wrote:
Not entirely accurate. She's not in the Japan concert lineup but they haven't announced the lineup for the SK one.

What's interesting is that her contract expires June 17 while the MMM encore concerts are on June 16-18. So at the very least, they've figured out the group stuff already. My money's still on her re-signing with RBW (ugh), but we'll see in a month.
Same, I think these news were just to take her out of the spot for the bad press last week and it worked perfectly. It's very rbw to try to play it subtle as usual, wish they could be loud in general.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

You think she'd join Pnation?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
24 May 2023, 04:22
You think she'd join Pnation?
I hope to god not.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

If Hwasa was given time and space to see what other companies would bring to the table, it gives her better understanding of what the companies think of her worth. Probably some ability to allow RBW to counter offer as well. She's very profitable but she will likey want 75% or better of the incoming money from her work assignments. She probably already turned down 2/3 of the offers. Her manager and lawyer, or whatever team is involved in making the decision, I hope give her more flexibility in creativity. To bring in outside resources to really produce music that really starts her international success. Her music is moody. Her videos are well shot. She knows her story and I hope she has even better music vision.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
24 May 2023, 05:28
If Hwasa was given time and space to see what other companies would bring to the table, it gives her better understanding of what the companies think of her worth. Probably some ability to allow RBW to counter offer as well. She's very profitable but she will likey want 75% or better of the incoming money from her work assignments. She probably already turned down 2/3 of the offers. Her manager and lawyer, or whatever team is involved in making the decision, I hope give her more flexibility in creativity. To bring in outside resources to really produce music that really starts her international success. Her music is moody. Her videos are well shot. She knows her story and I hope she has even better music vision.
And what if she doesn't want that kindnof international success? What if she doesn't want to change her type of music? Are we gonna drop her? Sometimes people really sound so hurtful when they project themselves in the artist's desires. There is already outside resources in her work, that's nothing new, asking her to change her music sounds so selfish to me.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
24 May 2023, 10:55
Guest wrote:
And what if she doesn't want that kindnof international success? What if she doesn't want to change her type of music? Are we gonna drop her? Sometimes people really sound so hurtful when they project themselves in the artist's desires. There is already outside resources in her work, that's nothing new, asking her to change her music sounds so selfish to me.
Da. Both point of views are selfish because they come from your personal understanding as a fan of the artist. Hwasa alone knows what she wants for her future and how she wants to go about it ... we are juat fans who can speculate so quit trying to one up people by invalidating their opinions, no matter how wrong or right.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
24 May 2023, 11:11
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Da. Both point of views are selfish because they come from your personal understanding as a fan of the artist. Hwasa alone knows what she wants for her future and how she wants to go about it ... we are juat fans who can speculate so quit trying to one up people by invalidating their opinions, no matter how wrong or right.
Lacking some reading comprehension here lol the anon forcing an international career is pretty different from someone saying to respect whatever she wants (and say btw).

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
24 May 2023, 11:44
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Lacking some reading comprehension here lol the anon forcing an international career is pretty different from someone saying to respect whatever she wants (and say btw).
Nope whatever it is you can't shut an opinion down. You and op are just fans with differing opinions. No one is right and no one is wrong. Deal with it

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
24 May 2023, 12:07
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Nope whatever it is you can't shut an opinion down. You and op are just fans with differing opinions. No one is right and no one is wrong. Deal with it
da, this is like saying hate is valid, because is a different opinion :rofl:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
24 May 2023, 12:13
Guest wrote:
24 May 2023, 12:07
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

da, this is like saying hate is valid, because is a different opinion :rofl:
Why manufacture outrage when there's none to be found ? How is the OP's statement hateful or is it hateful because they envision a different path for hwasa's career than the one you deem right for hwasa. Lol, just flinging accusations out of nowhere because someone has a different opinion

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I e can imagine whatever career we want for her true. But it’s also true she herself has never given an indication to wanting or desiring an international career and that some fans act like she has when she hasn’t

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
24 May 2023, 13:38
I e can imagine whatever career we want for her true. But it’s also true she herself has never given an indication to wanting or desiring an international career and that some fans act like she has when she hasn’t
This is key. The anon pretending that someone saying they want her to change her music sound to appeal for an international career isn't selfish and way more than an opinion is very obtuse. Just let her do her thing. So what if she wants to do more chill music.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I can't imagine she doesn't want international success. Some of that entitles with working with artist she was covered songs from. I think she wants to connect on a larger scale with fans and still try to give a positive message. Is it selfish? Yes and no. Yes, I want to hear more music from her and that the music she created is 100% her and not just because she has to crank out music. No, because she already fought so hard to be where she is at. No one but her decided for her to stay the course and not let others influence her to quit. Dua Lipa was just a taste of possibilities beyond what she can find in South Korea. But if really wanted to be less successful and just make music for herself then I can support that in whatever capacity that I can. Maybe she doesn't want high sales for her music. Maybe only in one prefecture. Not sure what would be selfish in the music industry. As long as she stays away from drugs and has the emotional support to continue success then herstory will be made.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
24 May 2023, 14:17
I can't imagine she doesn't want international success. Some of that entitles with working with artist she was covered songs from. I think she wants to connect on a larger scale with fans and still try to give a positive message. Is it selfish? Yes and no. Yes, I want to hear more music from her and that the music she created is 100% her and not just because she has to crank out music. No, because she already fought so hard to be where she is at. No one but her decided for her to stay the course and not let others influence her to quit. Dua Lipa was just a taste of possibilities beyond what she can find in South Korea. But if really wanted to be less successful and just make music for herself then I can support that in whatever capacity that I can. Maybe she doesn't want high sales for her music. Maybe only in one prefecture. Not sure what would be selfish in the music industry. As long as she stays away from drugs and has the emotional support to continue success then herstory will be made.
Exactly. All we can do as fans is just hope she finds happiness and success doing her thing be it international or domestic. She alone decides her story and how she goes about it. We can just support her. Some anons in here act like any other opinion apart from their arrived at conclusions warrants strong opinions.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Hwasa can have success at any level and any arena she wants domestic or international. That is indisputable and no one is saying otherwise

What is being pushed back against is people who have consistently tried to claim she will now go after the international success she’s always wanted. Making their own conclusions about her desires. And even if it wasn’t brought up in this moment it’s always the line of thinking that permeates this discussions.

The point people are making is that while she could be successful internationally she herself has never shown any desire to do so, as many other idols have been very clear and open about. It doesn’t from her words and actions and everything, be something she seems interested in. Could it still be something she wants? Of course. But I find some people, especially her solos, read their own version of reality that she has always wanted this when she has never indicated it in anything so far

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
that doesn't mean she has to change her music to get it. That's the awful part of the opinion. The way she always talk about music, isn't about success, but about her love for music.There are a lot of requirements for international success, sometimes is very silly things like speaking english and that takes effort. One of the most important setbacks for Mamamoo has to do with it, you can see it in the present tour, but they are such a good entertainers that it doesn't matter when they are 4. Hyejin alone is a different story, it's of course, harder. I'd rather she does what she feels comfortable with, some fans really fantasize about them.

One extra note about that, when the Dua collab was released there were plans for her to go overseas for promotions, I assume it was for the song and also maybe for María, but covid happened. There is so much that we don't actually know behind the scenes and to think she needs to change herself just to appeal to fans expectations is so insulting.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

DA. A lot of personal opinions being shared tonight. I guess all anons know hyej better than herself lmao.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

No

I see one side implying Hwasa wants international success

And the other side saying we can’t know that she hasn’t indicated anything. She could but she hasn’t said anything to support that at the moment.

So I see one group giving their opinion and others saying we can’t assume. Not really a multiple opinion thing. It’s more one side making assumptions and the other saying we can’t assume for her

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
24 May 2023, 15:17
No

I see one side implying Hwasa wants international success

And the other side saying we can’t know that she hasn’t indicated anything. She could but she hasn’t said anything to support that at the moment.

So I see one group giving their opinion and others saying we can’t assume. Not really a multiple opinion thing. It’s more one side making assumptions and the other saying we can’t assume for her
Yup. Still 2 opinions though. If only anons knew to exist with views other than their own.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Saying we can’t make assumptions that Hwasa wants international success is not an ‘opinion’ it’s a factual reading of the situation.

Making an assumption about what she wants is an opinion. Telling people not to make assumptions because we don’t know is not an opinion it’s fact

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
24 May 2023, 14:46
Guest wrote:
that doesn't mean she has to change her music to get it. That's the awful part of the opinion. The way she always talk about music, isn't about success, but about her love for music.There are a lot of requirements for international success, sometimes is very silly things like speaking english and that takes effort. One of the most important setbacks for Mamamoo has to do with it, you can see it in the present tour, but they are such a good entertainers that it doesn't matter when they are 4. Hyejin alone is a different story, it's of course, harder. I'd rather she does what she feels comfortable with, some fans really fantasize about them.

One extra note about that, when the Dua collab was released there were plans for her to go overseas for promotions, I assume it was for the song and also maybe for María, but covid happened. There is so much that we don't actually know behind the scenes and to think she needs to change herself just to appeal to fans expectations is so insulting.
I don't think "real" fans want her to change in any way except having more creative freedom and freedom of judgment of her sense of style, fashion, and who she maybe hanging out with. I think it's an insult to not allow her growth and change to evolve. I think some of her music videos is about breaking out of the box especially stereotypes of girls, women, sexuality, etc. It's stated so many times how it's hard to break through that. I don't think it's her sole purpose but she is addressing it with little support from the platform she is having to work on. She doesn't have to change anybody or even herself, but I think that goes against the message of her music. Even Mamamoo's music is about hope in yourself and to spread it or at least come above what others say against you. If you just take it and not want to grow stronger then you're not willing to change yourself to become a degree better. Everyone is a beacon of hope, but some of us are just further down the rabbit hole to really appreciate positive changes. I don't want any of the members to make changes that negatively impact them or their families but I think they are on a mission as a group to be evolved enough to say positive messages. No matter if it goes against the grain of common belief in their/your society. All I can say at this moment is that they are coming to my town to perform and I shelled out the cash to see them live. The vibe in the concert should be the vibe that is constantly shared with them. I believe they will stay Mamamoo and they will support each others careers. There is going to be hurdles but at the end there will never be another group named Mamamoo or even their solo names. No Solar junior or Wheein 2.0, Mini Moon, or Hwasa 2033. They are very original. Although I just thought of the older women version of Mamamoo...their name escapes me...
There's always going to be people who want to imitate something already good and try to make their own.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Going to word out some thoughts:

- this recent story in the press is 1000% a diversion tactic from rbw and parties involved to clear the other stories going on. As such it’s hard to read anything much into it on a factual basis simply because it could be lip service for the purpose of changing narrative and might not be what’s actually happening

- Hwasa has mentioned her solo album coming which means it’s something confirmed. She would not publicly say that unless she was sure. She also mentioned a solo concert. She also said during mycon that Mamamoo will be coming back (the way she worded it I interpreted as touring that city again) with new songs. So not only does she have solo plans she voiced she also told the crowd there are group plans

Thus things are most certainly decided behind the scenes regarding her solo career and group activities. This means whatever is happening contract wise has already been decided. She would not make those claims unless it was something she knew definitely was happening

This makes it more clear that the statement from yesterday is all for the purpose of clearing other news and has no merit to what’s actually happening

- now going on the assumption that contract stuff has already all been worked out let’s postulate some possibilities

• if she decided to go to another company it’s very strange that there has been not one single leak regarding that. Wheein simply showing up at Aomg lead to news articles assuming she was joining the label. Hwasa is an even bigger name in Korea. More reporters will be on the lookout. Khiphop news leaks all the time so if she was having serious talks with any of those companies like h1ghr or aomg etc it would’ve leaked by now. If she was looking at any place like hybe or the black label it would have leaked by now.

Jessi is close to her and would’ve warned her off PNation although I’m sure she’s already heard the gossip behind the scenes and seen what’s happened with Hyuna and dawn as well and stays away

Theee are other possibilities too but I don’t see many options except:

ANTENNA

- the only option that I find a possibility because being close to Hyori and YHS and Jaesuk she wouldn’t garner suspicion visiting there to discuss contract things from journalists. Hence no leaks. YHS also loves Mamamoo and would never get in the way of her group promotions so I can see this possibility

————-

• she’s staying at rbw

This is a very real and very possible scenario that would explain the lack of leaks up to this point. As to why rbw themselves haven’t announced it it’s very simple. They know the power of news stories about Hwasa to cover up other things. Recently the ceos had some press related to them paying a fine for improper stick activities.

It’s very plausible they are withholding the announcement of Hwasa staying because they want to use contract stories in the meanwhile to redirect attention from other things like they did just now.

After thinking through everything I find the possibility of her staying with rbw a very plausible one

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

you guys argue about the silliest things

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

The Nashville crowd has been the best so far I think. And kinda cool that they were the first ever kpop concert in that arena.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
24 May 2023, 16:17
The Nashville crowd has been the best so far I think. And kinda cool that they were the first ever kpop concert in that arena.
Nashville surprised everyone! I remember when the stops were announced moos were so bummed with Nashville being part of the tour.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

It’s how’s that even if the audience isn’t full as long as they are loud and engaging than the girls will be happy

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
24 May 2023, 16:01

- this recent story in the press is 1000% a diversion tactic from rbw and parties involved to clear the other stories going on. As such it’s hard to read anything much into it on a factual basis simply because it could be lip service for the purpose of changing narrative and might not be what’s actually happening

- Hwasa has mentioned her solo album coming which means it’s something confirmed. She would not publicly say that unless she was sure. She also mentioned a solo concert. She also said during mycon that Mamamoo will be coming back (the way she worded it I interpreted as touring that city again) with new songs. So not only does she have solo plans she voiced she also told the crowd there are group plans

Thus things are most certainly decided behind the scenes regarding her solo career and group activities. This means whatever is happening contract wise has already been decided. She would not make those claims unless it was something she knew definitely was happening

This makes it more clear that the statement from yesterday is all for the purpose of clearing other news and has no merit to what’s actually happening

- now going on the assumption that contract stuff has already all been worked out let’s postulate some possibilities

• if she decided to go to another company it’s very strange that there has been not one single leak regarding that. Wheein simply showing up at Aomg lead to news articles assuming she was joining the label. Hwasa is an even bigger name in Korea. More reporters will be on the lookout. Khiphop news leaks all the time so if she was having serious talks with any of those companies like h1ghr or aomg etc it would’ve leaked by now. If she was looking at any place like hybe or the black label it would have leaked by now.

Jessi is close to her and would’ve warned her off PNation although I’m sure she’s already heard the gossip behind the scenes and seen what’s happened with Hyuna and dawn as well and stays away

ANTENNA

- the only option that I find a possibility because being close to Hyori and YHS and Jaesuk she wouldn’t garner suspicion visiting there to discuss contract things from journalists. Hence no leaks. YHS also loves Mamamoo and would never get in the way of her group promotions so I can see this possibility

————-

• she’s staying at rbw

This is a very real and very possible scenario that would explain the lack of leaks up to this point. As to why rbw themselves haven’t announced it it’s very simple. They know the power of news stories about Hwasa to cover up other things. Recently the ceos had some press related to them paying a fine for improper stick activities.

It’s very plausible they are withholding the announcement of Hwasa staying because they want to use contract stories in the meanwhile to redirect attention from other things like they did just now.

After thinking through everything I find the possibility of her staying with rbw a very plausible one
Just in case If she switches agencies, imma be petty and come here and quote you simply because you subjected us to this wall of an internal monologue. Some anons really be treating this thread like a dear diary ...

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

It’s speculation and her switching agencies to Antenna is literally one of the possibilities I raised so wtf are you talking about

I voiced through all liabilities of her going, where she would go possibly and her staying

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

*possibilities

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
24 May 2023, 16:37
Guest wrote:

ANTENNA

————-

• she’s staying at rbw

Just in case If she switches agencies, imma be petty and come here and quote you simply because you subjected us to this wall of an internal monologue. Some anons really be treating this thread like a dear diary ...
They brought up many scenarios Including her going to another agency and her staying. So why are you responding this way it’s weird.

Almost seems like you are bothered by the staying aspect as a possibility

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

ANTENNA

————-

• she’s staying at rbw

:rofl: Oh you a mean one!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
:clown:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

A lot of people are bothered by just the thought of her renewing. It's so funny. In a chaotic way and because it really isn't the worst option, I want to see the meltdown after the announcement.

Antenna is a nice label, but they don't have anything major to offer outside of variety. If we're being real about this, the only ones with something interesting would be YG/Hybe, anyone else is borderline a downgrade. In the end, it's all about Hyejin's feelings more than actual advantages. But I do believe everyone learnt from thel1ve situation, even when they weren't in this huge mess, they still weren't something better, not even creatively (and personally, the art direction they had sucked big).

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

RBW announcement about Hwasa is the same way they announced Wheein

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
24 May 2023, 17:29
RBW announcement about Hwasa is the same way they announced Wheein
is it though? the first article about wheein herself was the one that said she left the company for h1gher I think? can't remember if it was that one. Doesn't look the same at all.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

The statements weren’t the same. Someone on Twitter broke it down including how everything was sourced and how rbw responded. It’s very different from how they responded to wheein

The agency’s bf contract stuff has for sure already been decided. What happened the other day was just trying to redirect the press story around Hwasa

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
24 May 2023, 17:25
A lot of people are bothered by just the thought of her renewing. It's so funny. In a chaotic way and because it really isn't the worst option, I want to see the meltdown after the announcement.

Antenna is a nice label, but they don't have anything major to offer outside of variety. If we're being real about this, the only ones with something interesting would be YG/Hybe, anyone else is borderline a downgrade. In the end, it's all about Hyejin's feelings more than actual advantages. But I do believe everyone learnt from thel1ve situation, even when they weren't in this huge mess, they still weren't something better, not even creatively (and personally, the art direction they had sucked big).
But dispatch did report right? that she's met with a few other agencies too...

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I suggested Antenna because she knows and is comfortable with everyone involved. Hyori, Jaesuk are both there and the ceo is someone she knows and is very comfrtownek around and has shown a lot of respect for her as an artist. To add to the fact that I’m sure if she decided to go for another agency I fully understand spect her to find somewhere that would be accommodating to her group work. Just from the words coming out of her mouth I think that’s of importance to her. Hybe or the black label would not provide that but an agency like Antenna will

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

It would be truthful though. Agencies always reach out at contract time. They reached out to Hyejin last time too. And she still signed to rbw again

So even if she had meetings at other agencies it really doesn’t mean much. Agencies were also reaching out to her before. Anyway that could have happened months ago and she already signed a contract somewhere, be it another agency or rbw

The recent press story is a diversion tactic

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
24 May 2023, 17:47
Guest wrote:

That's expected even outside of renewals period. Wouldn't be surprised at ravi for example trying to get Solar at the time too or Byul, remember he invited both for collabs and more. And that's just one situation, we could say Jay Park probably went for Hwasa too this year, hell, even psy probably and a lot more agencies. All of them are good money for small/mid agencies.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

During Byul’s radio show Ravi kept complimenting her massively calling her a genius etc I could tell he really wanted to get her at his agency

But yeah companies constantly try for artist’s it doesn’t mean it’s happening

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
24 May 2023, 18:14
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

That's expected even outside of renewals period. Wouldn't be surprised at ravi for example trying to get Solar at the time too or Byul, remember he invited both for collabs and more. And that's just one situation, we could say Jay Park probably went for Hwasa too this year, hell, even psy probably and a lot more agencies. All of them are good money for small/mid agencies.
Few posts above some insider anon also said that some agency is interested in Byul and have been trying to build bridges with rbw for a while now. But am pretty sure our resident lesbian BOGO gal-pals will stay at RBW even post 2024

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
24 May 2023, 18:47
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Few posts above some insider anon also said that some agency is interested in Byul and have been trying to build bridges with rbw for a while now. But am pretty sure our resident lesbian BOGO gal-pals will stay at RBW even post 2024
Lesbian Bogo gal pals is the best way I have seen moonsun described of late :rofl:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
24 May 2023, 18:47
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

da
That fact that you guys believe some random person who's claiming to be an insider is insane to me. I get it with BA since their stuff actually came true but that person from today could literally just be a rando. Maybe take everything with a grain of salt?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Knetz are getting mad at the recent Hwasa concert clip so rbw is going to need to release another distraction