Korean Entertainment - Part II

Reactions:

Re: Korean Entertainment - Part II

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
26 Mar 2023, 18:25
Anyone tired of the Y2K trend in K-Pop nowadays? And it’s always the younger groups doing it too. As a millennial, it’s just weird to have my childhood be used as an aesthetic for groups that wasn’t even born or was too young to even remember it.

The only group I’m fine with using it is XG because I feel like they actually respect it and isn’t just using it to be trendy. Like the members have actually done their research, listened and are big fans of singers from that era (TLC, Aaliyah, Lauryn Hill, etc).
Love that they don't mention Bie*er. What's up with idols being obsessed with that guy?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
26 Mar 2023, 18:36
Guest wrote:
26 Mar 2023, 18:30
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
26 Mar 2023, 18:14
Guest wrote:
26 Mar 2023, 17:29

Slurs? Are you delicate wallflower? No isn't a normal answer. It's the answer of someone self absorbed and egotistical. She deserved to be taken down a peg or more.
I'm gay with dignity, you must be bi. I guess no one ever hits on you, so I'll give you a tip: you're NOT actually supposed to start listing models and actresses when someone throws a pickup line at you, you're supposed to let them finish the bit, so you say something short like 'no.' Can't believe your dumbass would be sitting there counting
da I agree with the previous anon, she sounds vane as hell which is typical Irene. I don't know why you're taking this so personally. She didn't have to mention any names, but saying no like that is a choice. She has history of always being vane and never extending that same courtesy to others or complimenting them while it sounds like it's part of their contract to validate her vanity.
It's not personal, but you all need to let it the fuck go. Whenever ppl see someone they don't care about they scroll, but with Irene people HAVE to stop and jerk off their rage boners in front of all of us.
This isn't a fan thread, you post something then you expect people to comment and you'll have to deal.
da it doesn't help that she has her own fan thread the op should have posted it in. this thread is a free for all. not everyone is going to like all the women posted here.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
26 Mar 2023, 17:07
Irene is so fruity :$
Irene is a fruity bully. :nails:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
26 Mar 2023, 19:06
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

I'm gay with dignity, you must be bi. I guess no one ever hits on you, so I'll give you a tip: you're NOT actually supposed to start listing models and actresses when someone throws a pickup line at you, you're supposed to let them finish the bit, so you say something short like 'no.' Can't believe your dumbass would be sitting there counting
da I agree with the previous anon, she sounds vane as hell which is typical Irene. I don't know why you're taking this so personally. She didn't have to mention any names, but saying no like that is a choice. She has history of always being vane and never extending that same courtesy to others or complimenting them while it sounds like it's part of their contract to validate her vanity.
It's not personal, but you all need to let it the fuck go. Whenever ppl see someone they don't care about they scroll, but with Irene people HAVE to stop and jerk off their rage boners in front of all of us.
This isn't a fan thread, you post something then you expect people to comment and you'll have to deal.
da it doesn't help that she has her own fan thread the op should have posted it in. this thread is a free for all. not everyone is going to like all the women posted here.
There is something weird about her fans, they think related to her is a conspiracy and it's not that serious at all. Everyone gets not so nice comments here sometimes, it comes with the territory of it not being a fan thread. People being here instead of her thread means they aren't fans, so if they choose to comment it's their right and if her fans can't handle it they can easily post in her thread.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
26 Mar 2023, 17:42
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
26 Mar 2023, 17:24
Guest wrote:
26 Mar 2023, 14:31
Guest wrote:
26 Mar 2023, 13:50

It sucks how you can't even escape the heteronormativity of kpop when it comes to a lesbian couple. :unsure:
:rofl: so you didn't watch the mv nor the teaser, huh. Do it and realize how dumb you are, because they did amazing with a concept where they represent lovers subtlety. Smart and tasteful. Moonsun are gay, but not stupid.
I'm the op and I was talking about the lyrics only. I wasn't expecting them to sing about women but there's million other things to sing about than bad boys. That's all I'm saying.
They didn't write the title song but they still made sure the MV it's gay.
The pre-release they co-wrote and it's pretty much completely gender neutral except for the spanish translation of one phrase. Spanish kinda forced them to gender it and they sure as fuck couldn't just use the female version.
Again, I did NOT expect them to sing about women. But I didn't expect them to sing about bad boys either. Korean language is gender neutral so it's not surprising the song is gender neutral except for the Spanish part, most kpop songs these days are so that really isn't anything special. I didn't even mind the first song because I didn't think of it as heterosexual at all. But now that it seems like they're releasing a song once again about a bad guy makes me just disappointed. And once again because it seems to be so hard for you to underestand, no, I didn't think they were going to release a gay song. Just a song without the mention of men, that's all.
DA
I get what you mean anon, I too got disappointed when I found out that GGBB stands out for "Good Girl Bad Boy", and I would rather not the mention of men in the lyrics, but what can we do this is a song that was written and produced for them by their CEO in person. And at the very least visually it seems gay enough as they're most likely playing love interests again, so I will just focus on that and ignore the lyrics :lol:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Slurs? Are you delicate wallflower? No isn't a normal answer. It's the answer of someone self absorbed and egotistical. She deserved to be taken down a peg or more.
And then if I slag off one of those commenters, it's also ok, so what's the problem?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Reeks of this energy

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
26 Mar 2023, 19:19
Guest wrote:
26 Mar 2023, 17:42
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
26 Mar 2023, 17:24
Guest wrote:
26 Mar 2023, 14:31

:rofl: so you didn't watch the mv nor the teaser, huh. Do it and realize how dumb you are, because they did amazing with a concept where they represent lovers subtlety. Smart and tasteful. Moonsun are gay, but not stupid.
I'm the op and I was talking about the lyrics only. I wasn't expecting them to sing about women but there's million other things to sing about than bad boys. That's all I'm saying.
They didn't write the title song but they still made sure the MV it's gay.
The pre-release they co-wrote and it's pretty much completely gender neutral except for the spanish translation of one phrase. Spanish kinda forced them to gender it and they sure as fuck couldn't just use the female version.
Again, I did NOT expect them to sing about women. But I didn't expect them to sing about bad boys either. Korean language is gender neutral so it's not surprising the song is gender neutral except for the Spanish part, most kpop songs these days are so that really isn't anything special. I didn't even mind the first song because I didn't think of it as heterosexual at all. But now that it seems like they're releasing a song once again about a bad guy makes me just disappointed. And once again because it seems to be so hard for you to underestand, no, I didn't think they were going to release a gay song. Just a song without the mention of men, that's all.
DA
I get what you mean anon, I too got disappointed when I found out that GGBB stands out for "Good Girl Bad Boy", and I would rather not the mention of men in the lyrics, but what can we do this is a song that was written and produced for them by their CEO in person. And at the very least visually it seems gay enough as they're most likely playing love interests again, so I will just focus on that and ignore the lyrics :lol:
Da same. I understand people being disappointed by the lyrics when Shutdown exists, but I think the song is quite catchy. I like it.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
26 Mar 2023, 12:00
Guest wrote:
26 Mar 2023, 11:42
Guest wrote:
25 Mar 2023, 19:12
I just watched the first 2 eps of the new reality show HeMiLeeYeChaePa (what a chore of a name to remember and type tho, whew) and it was pretty entertaining, I never realised how much I've missed all-female-idol casts (who are not in the same group) on varieties. Hyeri is a champ as expected, but I'm pleasantly charmed by miyeon. Girl is one of the types I tend to get attracted to in kpop idols, a bit of a nutcase, a little airheaded, but still very composed when she needs to. Too bad I couldn't detect even a single hint of gayness from her (on the surface, at least).
I highly encourage lesbians not to watch this show and to boycott it instead
Why?? :blinkwide:
I'd like to know as well

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Anyone tired of the Y2K trend in K-Pop nowadays? And it’s always the younger groups doing it too. As a millennial, it’s just weird to have my childhood be used as an aesthetic for groups that wasn’t even born or was too young to even remember it.

The only group I’m fine with using it is XG because I feel like they actually respect it and isn’t just using it to be trendy. Like the members have actually done their research, listened and are big fans of singers from that era (TLC, Aaliyah, Lauryn Hill, etc).
i mean idols did retro/disco concepts too despite not being born in the 70s/80s so i don't see why y2k would be any different

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
26 Mar 2023, 20:13
Guest wrote:

i mean idols did retro/disco concepts too despite not being born in the 70s/80s so i don't see why y2k would be any different
Most I’ve seen is one or two comebacks having a retro concept but NOT the entire group concept like what these new younger groups are doing.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
26 Mar 2023, 18:31
Guest wrote:
26 Mar 2023, 18:29
Guest wrote:
26 Mar 2023, 18:16
Anything on Han Sohee other than posting about wlw media?
Not really.
Not true

There was much speculation years ago including the actress she might have been dating because of matching things they posted on their ig’s
Please post this stuff here then because i am really interested in her and want to see/judge for myself.
SA So what actress and what speculation ?? I don't ever remember seeing anything like that here.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I know this is old but that clip of Chaeryeong and Yuri resurfaced again. Has that been discussed before because their reaction seems pretty gay?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Mar 2023, 00:11
I know this is old but that clip of Chaeryeong and Yuri resurfaced again. Has that been discussed before because their reaction seems pretty gay?
It's probably been discussed before but don't bother yuri is straight as hell

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Mar 2023, 00:17
Guest wrote:
27 Mar 2023, 00:11
It's probably been discussed before but don't bother yuri is straight as hell
It’s Chaer’s reaction that’s more interesting to me anyway. Why is she thaaaat excited lol and I’ve never heard of her as the sus one in her group so I was curious.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Ladies, has anyone watched "The Glory"? I saw the first episode, and it was very traumatizing (really), that I'm nervous to watch more episodes. Thoughts? Recommend I continue watching?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
26 Mar 2023, 21:45
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
26 Mar 2023, 18:31
Guest wrote:
26 Mar 2023, 18:29
Guest wrote:
26 Mar 2023, 18:16
Anything on Han Sohee other than posting about wlw media?
Not really.
Not true

There was much speculation years ago including the actress she might have been dating because of matching things they posted on their ig’s
Please post this stuff here then because i am really interested in her and want to see/judge for myself.
SA So what actress and what speculation ?? I don't ever remember seeing anything like that here.
:hmmm: :hmmm: now I got curious

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I did hear the Han so hee stuff but this was all speculation from klez years ago based on ig posts and things with this one actress. I really am trying to remember the name

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Mar 2023, 00:42
Ladies, has anyone watched "The Glory"? I saw the first episode, and it was very traumatizing (really), that I'm nervous to watch more episodes. Thoughts? Recommend I continue watching?
It’s very good, at least for a kdrama imo. I usually don’t like them. I couldn’t even sit through Mine even though it has gay stuff. The Glory has nothing gay but the story is really riveting and I think the actors all do a good job. I felt like the romantic storyline was a little forced which, for me, it always is in kdramas, but I was rooting for them anyway because they had some chemistry and I thought their story was more interesting than your typical kdrama romance tbh. The depictions of the bullying are less overt in the other episodes, episode 1 was hard. I also liked the overt feminist themes and the bonding between different victimised women.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
26 Mar 2023, 17:25
Guest wrote:
26 Mar 2023, 17:18
Guest wrote:
The only thing that shows here is how arrogant she is. There is nothing fruity about her arrogance. She needed that humbling down. What a self absorbed ass.
You need a humbling, using boomer slurs cause straights made it quirky on tiktok, grow up and grow some social awareness too cause answering 'no' is a normal prompt to get an answer, you think she was supposed to start listing names? What are you, shitty AI?
Da tbh I don’t like Irene and don’t care for her but the person who said this was arrogant is a weirdo lol. Even if she wasn’t just “finishing the bit”, it says a lot that there are women on this board who require insincere self deprecation from women they haven’t even met. Over and over again this place shows itself for who actually posts here.

“She shouldn’t have been so arrogant, she’s such a bitch” - misogyny

“If you like any het storyline in a tv show ever, you’re attracted to men” - Irrationality (I’ve watched every season of Outlander and I’m a lesbian 💀)

“Feminine women don’t ping to me and aren’t gay” - Inexperienced

“They played a pretend het couple in a music video so it’s not gay, but also they are pretending to be gay so it’s queerbaiting” - Dumb

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
An overhyped and overrated makjang. Take themselves too seriously but have some twist here and there later on in season 2. Barely existence chemistry between two main characters. You will enjoy the acting of the "bullies" more. I had more laughs watching the series seriously.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Mar 2023, 03:55
Guest wrote:
It’s very good, at least for a kdrama imo. I usually don’t like them. I couldn’t even sit through Mine even though it has gay stuff. The Glory has nothing gay but the story is really riveting and I think the actors all do a good job. I felt like the romantic storyline was a little forced which, for me, it always is in kdramas, but I was rooting for them anyway because they had some chemistry and I thought their story was more interesting than your typical kdrama romance tbh. The depictions of the bullying are less overt in the other episodes, episode 1 was hard. I also liked the overt feminist themes and the bonding between different victimised women.
Same, the glory is the only kdrama I’ve ever liked apart from attorney woo

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Mar 2023, 04:01
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
26 Mar 2023, 17:18

The only thing that shows here is how arrogant she is. There is nothing fruity about her arrogance. She needed that humbling down. What a self absorbed ass.
You need a humbling, using boomer slurs cause straights made it quirky on tiktok, grow up and grow some social awareness too cause answering 'no' is a normal prompt to get an answer, you think she was supposed to start listing names? What are you, shitty AI?
Da tbh I don’t like Irene and don’t care for her but the person who said this was arrogant is a weirdo lol. Even if she wasn’t just “finishing the bit”, it says a lot that there are women on this board who require insincere self deprecation from women they haven’t even met. Over and over again this place shows itself for who actually posts here.

“If you like any het storyline in a tv show ever, you’re attracted to men” - Irrationality (I’ve watched every season of Outlander and I’m a lesbian 💀)

“They played a pretend het couple in a music video so it’s not gay, but also they are pretending to be gay so it’s queerbaiting” - Dumb
Da I agree that Irene isn't being arrogant in this clip particularly but you can't be serious thinking calling a woman arrogant is misogyny. Some of you think criticizing a woman even if for righteous reasons is misogyny. This thread is plagued with black and white thinking because not being arrogant does not mean being self deprecating. It's common for celebrities to be arrogant and think themselves above others and considering Irene is known in the past to have berated staff it's not the outrageous misgynistic comment you want it to be.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Song Hyekyo is so attractive to me i would die if she did a wlw role but some anons here said she's not that type (also an A lister but you know Han Sohee is too and she did it anyway). I'll stay hoping anyway :lol:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Mar 2023, 04:34
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Da I agree that Irene isn't being arrogant in this clip particularly but you can't be serious thinking calling a woman arrogant is misogyny. Some of you think criticizing a woman even if for righteous reasons is misogyny. This thread is plagued with black and white thinking because not being arrogant does not mean being self deprecating. It's common for celebrities to be arrogant and think themselves above others and considering Irene is known in the past to have berated staff it's not the outrageous misgynistic comment you want it to be.
Da at this point we can't say shit without someone turning it into some woke victimization talking point. Irene has always been full of herself and self absorbed, it's not like this was the first time she did this. She has used that power to berate pepple and treat them like shit, so she's simply an ass. if people find her arrogant and an ass then that's too bad, it's still not misogyny. Why do people pretend that others pick on her for no damn reason? While she has history of bad attitude and a scandal under her belt.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Mar 2023, 05:03
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Da at this point we can't say shit without someone turning it into some woke victimization talking point. Irene has always been full of herself and self absorbed, it's not like this was the first time she did this. She has used that power to berate pepple and treat them like shit, so she's simply an ass. if people find her arrogant and an ass then that's too bad, it's still not misogyny. Why do people pretend that others pick on her for no damn reason? While she has history of bad attitude and a scandal under her belt.
da I don't see anything in that clip that's worth scrutinizing. So in my mind it is picking on her for no reason. She's at a fansign and is on the receiving end of a fan's flirting pickup line, she isn't supposed to be listing out the names of every woman she finds more beautiful than her she's got a limited amount of time to interact with this girl + these idols have enough experience to know to give short answers to such obvious flirting so the fan can play their bit. It gets exhausting when someone posts a clip of Irene, which I believe in this case too is one from before the scandal hit, and everyone comes in hyper-analyzing every micro-expression she makes to try and prove "see she's really a bitch!" I don't see what you or anyone gains out of doing that other than some bizarre self-satisfaction.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Mar 2023, 05:25
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

da I don't see anything in that clip that's worth scrutinizing. So in my mind it is picking on her for no reason. She's at a fansign and is on the receiving end of a fan's flirting pickup line, she isn't supposed to be listing out the names of every woman she finds more beautiful than her she's got a limited amount of time to interact with this girl + these idols have enough experience to know to give short answers to such obvious flirting so the fan can play their bit. It gets exhausting when someone posts a clip of Irene, which I believe in this case too is one from before the scandal hit, and everyone comes in hyper-analyzing every micro-expression she makes to try and prove "see she's really a bitch!" I don't see what you or anyone gains out of doing that other than some bizarre self-satisfaction.
You keep repeating that same bullshit excuse as if anyone has said why isn't she naming others. That's not the fucking point, what kind of reaction is that? Not everyone will think it's fine. It will sound arrogant to many people because she did this a lot of time. She has history of being self absorbed and she would never name anyone else even if she had hours and that was the question. So stop pretending as if it was only that moment. The way you pretend that she has never done anything wrong and she isn't full of flaws is alarming. There's a reason why many can't stand her, so drop the victim act.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Mar 2023, 05:32
Guest wrote:
27 Mar 2023, 05:25
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

You keep repeating that same bullshit excuse as if anyone has said why isn't she naming others. That's not the fucking point, what kind of reaction is that? Not everyone will think it's fine. It will sound arrogant to many people because she did this a lot of time. She has history of being self absorbed and she would never name anyone else even if she had hours and that was the question. So stop pretending as if it was only that moment. The way you pretend that she has never done anything wrong and she isn't full of flaws is alarming. There's a reason why many can't stand her, so drop the victim act.
Who said I don't think she did anything wrong? I just think this clip in particular it's dumb to be so angry about, and exhausting to argue with you people who hate that she even exists.

She's the visual of the group btw she's supposed to be confident in her looks, it's why she is even there. Y'all would lose your minds during Gen 2 era when the visuals of groups would refer to themselves as goddesses. If you think her just answering no to this obvious pickup line is arrogance you'd be asking for the heads of people like Yoona and Gyuri who were always way more openly confident about their visual status.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Irene is autistic but except for looking mean and being weird she hasn't done much problematic stuff in public, only when you watch things into context because her haters love to edit stuff so it looks a certain way.

Same thing with Wonyoung, most things done by this girls are not problematic but they take things out of context to paint her as some impolite, arrogant idol etc.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Mar 2023, 05:51
Irene is autistic but except for looking mean and being weird she hasn't done much problematic stuff in public, only when you watch things into context because her haters love to edit stuff so it looks a certain way.

Same thing with Wonyoung, most things done by this girls are not problematic but they take things out of context to paint her as some impolite, arrogant idol etc.
I'm sorry, are you a psychologist or a psychiatrist?
Honestly these anons popping their veins over this silly video shows how people from this board probably never had a conversation with another human being, specially a woman

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:

Irene... autistic? Are you joking or just saying words <_< How can you compare Irene to Wonyoung when for majority of her career she was a minor and apart from edited videos from oversensitive bg stans she hasn't done anything meanwhile Irene was nearly 30 harrassing a stylist to tears

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:

For fucks sake stop the armchair diagnosis, she's just an asshole it doesn't have to have some insane excuse that doesn't exist. How are you comparing her to that kid? Irene has always been cold and awful to people especially her members. When did that kid ever act like that?? Everytime someone brings up Irene's attitude you appear claiming she's autistic. I remember you did it before when people criticized her for how she acted about Seulgi's mv. You're ridiculous.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Of course it’s misogyny. You’d never find a fan girl of a man say that his response if it was the same was arrogant and awful, they’d say he’s a cute oppa who knows his worth. It IS misogyny to pretend that women not lowering themselves or knowing their worth is somehow a negative trait. the woman deadass said one whole word here and suddenly she’s being criticised. And you just know if she’d gone with “oh I’m really not that pretty” people would have a go at her for being insincere lol.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Mar 2023, 06:19
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Of course it’s misogyny. You’d never find a fan girl of a man say that his response if it was the same was arrogant and awful, they’d say he’s a cute oppa who knows his worth. It IS misogyny to pretend that women not lowering themselves or knowing their worth is somehow a negative trait. the woman deadass said one whole word here and suddenly she’s being criticised. And you just know if she’d gone with “oh I’m really not that pretty” people would have a go at her for being insincere lol.
Da blablabla these insane excuses you keep coming up with won't change the fact that she's a bully with an awful reputation. There's a whole difference between knowing you're pretty and claiming to be the prettiest, that sounded even ridiculous while writing it. Go ahead and act like this was the only instant of her being awful though. Looking forward to the new excuses now that you used every woke talking point out there from mental illness to misogyny to whatever bullshit you keep using.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

y'all can't be serious rn lol

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Mar 2023, 06:36
y'all can't be serious rn lol
She a bully, why don’t people get this? She might be pretty on the outside but her personality is much uglier.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

As a long time luvie I have to admit that Irene had gotten away with a lot of things, so I wouldn't really use the anti excuse.

If they were that dedicated, she could have lost her career way earlier for how she acted with the others.

The woman used every opportunity to suggest Seulgi is stupid, Joy can't stand her and barely talks to her, and she had beef with every one of them. So that video is nothing.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Trolls and idiots fighting amongst themselves, so sad :pensivebread:
Irene must really be evil reincarnated (queen tbh)

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Mar 2023, 06:11
Guest wrote:

For fucks sake stop the armchair diagnosis, she's just an asshole it doesn't have to have some insane excuse that doesn't exist. How are you comparing her to that kid? Irene has always been cold and awful to people especially her members. When did that kid ever act like that?? Everytime someone brings up Irene's attitude you appear claiming she's autistic. I remember you did it before when people criticized her for how she acted about Seulgi's mv. You're ridiculous.
No she's autistic or an extreme weirdo. I have never seen anything really rude that she's done in public. Her stylist claiming she's a bitch in private is one thing, i'm talking about public stuff. She's cold and doesn't react normally to situations, but that's about it. Yeah the Seulgi stuff was exaggerated by her haters which you're part of. She didn't do anything weird except not smiling, Seulgi had no problem with her it was obvious if you looked at the video knowing how Irene is generally weird. You're the ridiculous hater here.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Mar 2023, 06:19
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

This is a lesbian forum, I assure you nobody here calling her arrogant is going to be calling arrogant men cute. The misogyny and double standards of straight fan girls is a completely different discussion. Fans are always going to delusionally defend their asshole faves so trying to make this into "everyone calling her arrogant are misogynists trying to take a down a feminist girlboss" is weird. Just like the people calling Irene a girlboss after her scandal and wishing they were the ones yelled at, not letting a woman be an asshole isn't misogyny. There is a fine line between confidence and thinking everyone else is below you, and when it comes to celebrities they tend to fall into the latter category.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Mar 2023, 07:09
Guest wrote:
27 Mar 2023, 06:11
Guest wrote:

No she's autistic or an extreme weirdo. I have never seen anything really rude that she's done in public. Her stylist claiming she's a bitch in private is one thing, i'm talking about public stuff. She's cold and doesn't react normally to situations, but that's about it. Yeah the Seulgi stuff was exaggerated by her haters which you're part of. She didn't do anything weird except not smiling, Seulgi had no problem with her it was obvious if you looked at the video knowing how Irene is generally weird. You're the ridiculous hater here.
Da the lie in that second sentence, dear God. Some of you are baffling. We are now separating public from private behavior as if these things aren't coming coming from one person? Rewriting history won't change anything about her reputation, nor will diagnosing her as something she's not.
She has treated the members like shit for years and had problems with all of them. She's so queen though, hooray women's rights. You're asking for her to get dragged everytime.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

When it comes to Irene, i always believed that you can easily argue against edited videos and public misunderstandings. However, how do you argue when it comes to her relationship with the rest of RV or other idols or SM artists or the scandal or the various attitude scandals? Since someone is claiming that there is a difference between private and public behaviour..if you consider her private relationships, it's not like those paint a positive picture. Besides the staff who always seem to be awkward and like they are held hostage and forced to placate her (just look at her show) the rest aren't close with her and some don't even talk to her.
There are many idols who are mentioned here and some of them get het trolled and people argue about them, but there's a reason why people don't mention their behaviour, like they do with her. Because they seem like good people with good reputations, to the point that even trolls can't have anything on them besides calling them het.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Does anyone have anything on Sistar's Soyou? Always thought she and Seohyun were sus back in the day.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Mar 2023, 07:30
When it comes to Irene, i always believed that you can easily argue against edited videos and public misunderstandings. However, how do you argue when it comes to her relationship with the rest of RV or other idols or SM artists or the scandal or the various attitude scandals? Since someone is claiming that there is a difference between private and public behaviour..if you consider her private relationships, it's not like those paint a positive picture. Besides the staff who always seem to be awkward and like they are held hostage and forced to placate her (just look at her show) the rest aren't close with her and some don't even talk to her.
There are many idols who are mentioned here and some of them get het trolled and people argue about them, but there's a reason why people don't mention their behaviour, like they do with her. Because they seem like good people with good reputations, to the point that even trolls can't have anything on them besides calling them het.
Da I don't like Irene and never have, and I do think like she seems like she's an asshole. It's telling that Amber used to praise Seulgi all of the time but never had a nice word about Irene, that pattern has repeated numerous times. No one actually seems to like her.

HOWEVER, Irene being a bitch is not the moral sin some people here pretend it is. It seems like she's an asshole, but she's never had a racist scandal, for example. Meanwhile her literal group mate has imitated black women for the lols three seperate times, two of which were after her fans asked her to stop. The same member notoriously won't take photos with fans and no one seems to like her either. Meanwhile, Taeyeon literally said "Alicia Keys is attractive...for a black woman". Irene may be an asshole, but there are idols all over the place who have shown their true colours and shown they are openly racist, for example, and they don't get the same level of vitriol as Irene.

You can all at once acknowledge that Irene does seem to be a shitty rude person, AND the fixation some people have on her reeks of misogyny and envy. Like the above example someone is harping on about is so mild and most idols would not get flack for it, but because Irene is pretty and it makes people want to bash her with their keyboard from their basement, they go apeshit over a one syllable response. Wendy and Taeyeon and various others don't attract that extreme level of hatred because lbr Taeyeon looks wacked in the face and Wendy is only pretty to asian people, so women here don't develop a hate boner.

And it IS the same thing as that Wonyoung kid. That kid has done things that are objectively rude. So sure you can say she is sometimes pretty rude and comes across poorly, maybe she is actually an ass behind the scenes who knows, but the fixation people have on her being rude and cold is huge only because she's pretty. Not to mention "cold" is a word almost exclusively used towards women, because men don't actually get criticised for not being warm like a maternal figure.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Mar 2023, 07:47
Guest wrote:
Da I don't like Irene and never have, and I do think like she seems like she's an asshole. It's telling that Amber used to praise Seulgi all of the time but never had a nice word about Irene, that pattern has repeated numerous times. No one actually seems to like her.

HOWEVER, Irene being a bitch is not the moral sin some people here pretend it is. It seems like she's an asshole, but she's never had a racist scandal, for example. Meanwhile her literal group mate has imitated black women for the lols three seperate times, two of which were after her fans asked her to stop. The same member notoriously won't take photos with fans and no one seems to like her either. Meanwhile, Taeyeon literally said "Alicia Keys is attractive...for a black woman". Irene may be an asshole, but there are idols all over the place who have shown their true colours and shown they are openly racist, for example, and they don't get the same level of vitriol as Irene.

You can all at once acknowledge that Irene does seem to be a shitty rude person, AND the fixation some people have on her reeks of misogyny and envy. Like the above example someone is harping on about is so mild and most idols would not get flack for it, but because Irene is pretty and it makes people want to bash her with their keyboard from their basement, they go apeshit over a one syllable response. Wendy and Taeyeon and various others don't attract that extreme level of hatred because lbr Taeyeon looks wacked in the face and Wendy is only pretty to asian people, so women here don't develop a hate boner.

And it IS the same thing as that Wonyoung kid. That kid has done things that are objectively rude. So sure you can say she is sometimes pretty rude and comes across poorly, maybe she is actually an ass behind the scenes who knows, but the fixation people have on her being rude and cold is huge only because she's pretty. Not to mention "cold" is a word almost exclusively used towards women, because men don't actually get criticised for not being warm like a maternal figure.
Is it really a competition? 2 people can be assholes for different reasons. I don't think anyone has claimed she's the only one who is awful in Kpop. I have always ignored Wendy for this very reason, i can't act like what she did never happened like many people do. It's really not a conspiracy though, what envy? There are many idols who were and are still huge and who are attractive and popular and no one mentioned them in a bad light. So maybe drop the conspiracy angle and question that part logically? Women here are gay, i am a lesbian i would never hate a woman for being attractive wtf? Can you not lump us with brain-dead boygroup stans who hate any woman that exists? You singling out those two is basically acting like Irene and Woonyoung are the only attractive idols to ever exist. Jisoo, Yoona..etc and i can go on and on exist and do you see anyone ever mentioning their behaviour? Guess why

If you actually were an RV fan you would realize that Wendy gets criticized for both things you mentioned in their own thread, newsflash though a mod deletes any mention of her racist behaviour every single time. So maybe take it with the mod? Her stupid behaviour with fans have been mentioned as well, i personally have mentioned it before because it's weird and i think she's a huge hypocrite who puts up a nice public image while she's nothing like that in private. It's neither a competition nor a conspiracy as some of you want it to be. Some actions are just too shitty to ignore, you can act like i have some agenda if it makes you feel better though or if you think that'll change what kind of person she is. The issue is you refuse to look at it objectively or from a critical point of view.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Comparing Irene to Wonyoung is an insult.
Irene is very beautiful and has a interesting personality,
Wonyoung looks bland and disgusting fanbase, has zero personality, and her rich family pays her agency who rigged her in Produce and overhypes that talentless creature and gets her all sorts of brand deals. Without her rich parents and her highly active PR she would be nothing. There is nothing special about her at all. Mediocre looks and no talent.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Mar 2023, 08:02
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Is it really a competition? 2 people can be assholes for different reasons. I don't think anyone has claimed she's the only one who is awful in Kpop. I have always ignored Wendy for this very reason, i can't act like what she did never happened like many people do. It's really not a conspiracy though, what envy? There are many idols who were and are still huge and who are attractive and popular and no one mentioned them in a bad light. So maybe drop the conspiracy angle and question that part logically? Women here are gay, i am a lesbian i would never hate a woman for being attractive wtf? Can you not lump us with brain-dead boygroup stans who hate any woman that exists? You singling out those two is basically acting like Irene and Woonyoung are the only attractive idols to ever exist. Jisoo, Yoona..etc and i can go on and on exist and do you see anyone ever mentioning their behaviour? Guess why

If you actually were an RV fan you would realize that Wendy gets criticized for both things you mentioned in their own thread, newsflash though a mod deletes any mention of her racist behaviour every single time. So maybe take it with the mod? Her stupid behaviour with fans have been mentioned as well, i personally have mentioned it before because it's weird and i think she's a huge hypocrite who puts up a nice public image while she's nothing like that in private. It's neither a competition nor a conspiracy as some of you want it to be. Some actions are just too shitty to ignore, you can act like i have some agenda if it makes you feel better though or if you think that'll change what kind of person she is. The issue is you refuse to look at it objectively or from a critical point of view.
It is hardly a brand new thought for people to recognise that women who are very conventionally attractive get more flack for the same behaviours as women who get less attention generally. Why are you fighting that? It's simply true. People are hyper critical of Irene at times purely because she's very beautiful and they like taking her down a notch. Does that mean the criticism is inherently wrong? No. Irene can be an asshole and beautiful. But it does show you that who people choose to fixate on and who people have extreme aggression towards is often dictated by envy. You aren't free of internalised misogyny just because you're a gay woman.

What Irene did in that clip was so mild that no one would have commented on it if it wasn't her, you can't seriously pretend some people don't have an extreme level of hatred towards her given that her biggest sin is simply being a bitch to everyone, non discriminately. If that was a clip of Wendy, it would have gotten zero replies lol. And that's because some people loathe Irene to an extreme degree and deploy historically sexist terminology like "she's so cold" and "she's so arrogant for not pretending to think she's ugly", because something about her specifically annoys them. And the only remarkable thing about her is her looks. You can't seriously pretend that many of the women in kpop who are just as complicit in bad behaviour get the same level of aggressive vitriol, they simply don't.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Mar 2023, 08:15
Guest wrote:
27 Mar 2023, 08:02
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

It is hardly a brand new thought for people to recognise that women who are very conventionally attractive get more flack for the same behaviours as women who get less attention generally. Why are you fighting that? It's simply true. People are hyper critical of Irene at times purely because she's very beautiful and they like taking her down a notch. Does that mean the criticism is inherently wrong? No. Irene can be an asshole and beautiful. But it does show you that who people choose to fixate on and who people have extreme aggression towards is often dictated by envy. You aren't free of internalised misogyny just because you're a gay woman.

What Irene did in that clip was so mild that no one would have commented on it if it wasn't her, you can't seriously pretend some people don't have an extreme level of hatred towards her given that her biggest sin is simply being a bitch to everyone, non discriminately. If that was a clip of Wendy, it would have gotten zero replies lol. And that's because some people loathe Irene to an extreme degree and deploy historically sexist terminology like "she's so cold" and "she's so arrogant for not pretending to think she's ugly", because something about her specifically annoys them. And the only remarkable thing about her is her looks. You can't seriously pretend that many of the women in kpop who are just as complicit in bad behaviour get the same level of aggressive vitriol, they simply don't.
I love how you ignore everything said just to double down on your weird ass argument, she's an ass, her looks have nothing to do with that. If anything her looks helped her get away with it for the longest time. Because no other idol would treat their fellow members like that and get away with it. If she wasn't an ass people would have nothing to hold against her.

Again ffs no one mentions Wendy here and everyone she gets mentioned people say negative about her and the freaking mod deletes it. We discussed her racism just recently and everything was wiped out. Their thread discusses her all the damn time. Other women who are attractive in Kpop don't get the same level of vitriol because they aren't bullies, it's that simple. You just want to make Irene a victim so bad, that's it. Being an ass and a bully is awful btw, you can try to downplay it until tomorrow but it changes nothing about it.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I don’t even care for Irene but yeah at least she’s not racist. Like what the above anon said, Taeyeon and Wendy got away with racist stuff and people are still simping over them here. With Wendy there’s no excuse since she’s from Canada. Irene seems to me just a socially awkward person and bit of a weirdo and not the cute kind of weirdo.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

OT but