Korean Entertainment - Part II

Reactions:

Re: Korean Entertainment - Part II

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 Mar 2023, 22:49
watching lesbian media means nothing to me. like it's good that they're not turned off by it but it literally tells me nothing about their sexuality. and unpopular opinion here but i think stans cling onto this stuff too much to add as some kind of proof that an idol can be gay. the standards are on the floor imo.
I kinda agree but at the same time if it’s a pattern then yeah it can be taken as sus

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Lee Joo young said that she went to see Carol in the theater 7 times.
Someone said on the main forum that MCW(abbreviation so she won't sue) went to see blue is warmest color several times alone when it came out.(i don't know if that's true because i haven't seen it anywhere myself tough)

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

As to Miyeon- she also watched Killing Eve and had pride flag nails for pride month

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 Mar 2023, 16:40
Guest wrote:
25 Mar 2023, 13:41
Guest wrote:
25 Mar 2023, 11:17
XG stuff

This group seems gay-ish other than Jurin and Harvey. Even the non-sus ones turned out to be masc-ish. One of them even calls herself a male name.
Here yall go again equating being "masc-ish" (designating a heteronormative family dynamic) with seeming "gay-ish"
da
Women being masculine isn't heteronormative, nor does it have anything to do with a family dynamic are you on crack
Nobody said being masculine is heteronormative but if you actually clicked the spoiler before replying you'd understand. You guys think anything but actually being masc is "masc-ish". How many times do you guys have to be told majority of Korean lesbians are femmes and presentation has nothing to do with sexuality?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
26 Mar 2023, 03:45
Guest wrote:
25 Mar 2023, 16:40
Guest wrote:
25 Mar 2023, 13:41
Guest wrote:
25 Mar 2023, 11:17
XG stuff

This group seems gay-ish other than Jurin and Harvey. Even the non-sus ones turned out to be masc-ish. One of them even calls herself a male name.
Here yall go again equating being "masc-ish" (designating a heteronormative family dynamic) with seeming "gay-ish"
da
Women being masculine isn't heteronormative, nor does it have anything to do with a family dynamic are you on crack
Nobody said being masculine is heteronormative but if you actually clicked the spoiler before replying you'd understand. You guys think anything but actually being masc is "masc-ish". How many times do you guys have to be told majority of Korean lesbians are femmes and presentation has nothing to do with sexuality?
Uh you can't lie directly under the truth.

"being "masc-ish" (designating a heteronormative family dynamic)" and then you're gonna try "Nobody said being masculine is heteronormative" ?

Masc is short for masculine, and I looked at the spoiler and it doesn't matter. Not relevant to the text I was commenting on, or my comment.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

My bad that lowercase Sana was all I should’ve looked at, it’s her troll shouldn't have engaged

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Umm most people think of her as bi anyway but what the heck does liking a het couple have to do with sexuality cause I’m a lesbian and have liked straight couples from shows/movies?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
26 Mar 2023, 11:24
Umm most people think of her as bi anyway but what the heck does liking a het couple have to do with sexuality cause I’m a lesbian and have liked straight couples from shows/movies?
Sa just like liking a gay couple doesn’t make someone gay.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
26 Mar 2023, 11:24
Uh huh. Good for you. I’m clearing things up due to the person who lied upthread and said she never liked the straight ship from Nevertheless. Onces are prone to a little revisionist history 😉

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 Mar 2023, 23:26
Guest wrote:
25 Mar 2023, 23:14
My thoughts are if they watch gay male media it means nothing (straight women fetishizers)
If they consume one popular lesbian media it means nothing
If they continuously watch lesbian media it starts to gets suspicious.
Same. Watching Handmaiden and Carol alone not much of an indicator for me since Handmaiden is such a major Korean hit and Carol has an aesthetic and fashion sense that appeals to a lot of Koreans. Going as far as reading the book Carol is based on is a bit weird though.
da Jisoo read that book. But people here only would find it suspicious if it's their favourite idol. Who else read it?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 Mar 2023, 19:12
I just watched the first 2 eps of the new reality show HeMiLeeYeChaePa (what a chore of a name to remember and type tho, whew) and it was pretty entertaining, I never realised how much I've missed all-female-idol casts (who are not in the same group) on varieties. Hyeri is a champ as expected, but I'm pleasantly charmed by miyeon. Girl is one of the types I tend to get attracted to in kpop idols, a bit of a nutcase, a little airheaded, but still very composed when she needs to. Too bad I couldn't detect even a single hint of gayness from her (on the surface, at least).
I highly encourage lesbians not to watch this show and to boycott it instead

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
26 Mar 2023, 11:42
Guest wrote:
25 Mar 2023, 19:12
I just watched the first 2 eps of the new reality show HeMiLeeYeChaePa (what a chore of a name to remember and type tho, whew) and it was pretty entertaining, I never realised how much I've missed all-female-idol casts (who are not in the same group) on varieties. Hyeri is a champ as expected, but I'm pleasantly charmed by miyeon. Girl is one of the types I tend to get attracted to in kpop idols, a bit of a nutcase, a little airheaded, but still very composed when she needs to. Too bad I couldn't detect even a single hint of gayness from her (on the surface, at least).
I highly encourage lesbians not to watch this show and to boycott it instead
Why?? :blinkwide:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Kinda disappointing how both of the new moonsun songs are about bad boys. I wasn't expecting that from them <_< But I guess they didn't write the lyrics themselves?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
26 Mar 2023, 13:46
Kinda disappointing how both of the new moonsun songs are about bad boys. I wasn't expecting that from them <_< But I guess they didn't write the lyrics themselves?
It sucks how you can't even escape the heteronormativity of kpop when it comes to a lesbian couple. :unsure:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
26 Mar 2023, 13:50
Guest wrote:
It sucks how you can't even escape the heteronormativity of kpop when it comes to a lesbian couple. :unsure:
As if they could win either way. They are playing love interests in both music videos and people call it queerbaiting.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
First they did write on one of the songs

Second I know you’re trolling but let me humour you. They are a closeted lesbian couple they can push boundaries which they do but they can’t go too far with it.

How they set it up is perfect actually. Moonbyul plays Solar’s lover or protagonist in both songs. The so called boy or man being defended in the lyrics is her.

In the first mv she played a king with a male hanbok but there was a red rope draped down the side that only women wear. Plus in the pansoori style theatre play concept they did throughout history in Korea all female theatre troupes would play out the male parts even the ones romancing women. So what they did in the mv actually has a reference to Korean lesbian history

Next for this new song it’s a concept where Moonbyul is playing Solar’s love interest and the bad boy. So it doesn’t matter what the lyrics are they are referencing her.

They are a real couple but they aren’t out so actually it makes perfect sense they’re adding a layer or plausible deniability. So they can play love interests publicly but if Korea gets suspicious they can claim it should be taken on face value etc

Now you are clearly the same troll who was stirring shit about this both here and on the Mamamoo board before so I won’t continue.

I don’t blame either of them for wanting to continue hiding in plain site and not making a coming out as gay and in a relationship song

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
:rofl: so you didn't watch the mv nor the teaser, huh. Do it and realize how dumb you are, because they did amazing with a concept where they represent lovers subtlety. Smart and tasteful. Moonsun are gay, but not stupid.

RXD
Reactions: 66

Post by RXD »

Take all the talk of members to their respective threads please (and check thread rules if there are any), unless it's het talk, then don't post it at all

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

RXD wrote:
26 Mar 2023, 16:16
Take all the talk of members to their respective threads please (and check thread rules if there are any), unless it's het talk, then don't post it at all
That's your conclusion looking at this situation?? Why are you ignoring that you or whoever is modding here is a freaking dictator who only protect their fave? The mod deleted pages of discussions about a topic that broke no rules just because her fave was involved. While every other report gets ignored, How is this allowed?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

RXD wrote:
Mod May I ask

As long as the conversations don’t drag on (or are out under spoiler cuts if they do) can discussions of Korean artists even with their own thread be brought up here?

Only because the majority of who is discussed on this thread for years have a thread (red Velvet, Mamamoo, BP, twice, WJSn, snsd, DC, etc)

If all talk only go to their threads then this place would become extremely dry with very few posts

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

All IVE Yujin fans, time to come out. She looks so good in the teaser :wub:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
26 Mar 2023, 16:27
RXD wrote:
Mod May I ask

As long as the conversations don’t drag on (or are out under spoiler cuts if they do) can discussions of Korean artists even with their own thread be brought up here?

Only because the majority of who is discussed on this thread for years have a thread (red Velvet, Mamamoo, BP, twice, WJSn, snsd, DC, etc)

If all talk only go to their threads then this place would become extremely dry with very few posts
Seconded. I know we have dedicated group threads, but some of those threads can be low activity and having discussion on those groups on a thread with higher traffic can be nice. As long as it doesn't drag on or devolve into trolling and bickering... is there really an issue?

Otherwise this thread is going to be pretty limited on conversation topics if we can't even bring up sus idols from these groups. We're already having a problem with this whole forum starting to go quiet..

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Irene is so fruity :$

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
26 Mar 2023, 01:54
Someone said on the main forum that MCW(abbreviation so she won't sue) went to see blue is warmest color several times alone when it came out.(i don't know if that's true because i haven't seen it anywhere myself tough)
Did you check her ig? she sometimes post the posters of the movies she watches. It's been a long time i have been in her acc that's why asking.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

RXD wrote:
Mod pls give us XG thread already.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
26 Mar 2023, 14:31
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
:rofl: so you didn't watch the mv nor the teaser, huh. Do it and realize how dumb you are, because they did amazing with a concept where they represent lovers subtlety. Smart and tasteful. Moonsun are gay, but not stupid.
I'm the op and I was talking about the lyrics only. I wasn't expecting them to sing about women but there's million other things to sing about than bad boys. That's all I'm saying.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 Mar 2023, 19:57
Guest wrote:
25 Mar 2023, 19:30
I never dare to label her as bi but, does heejin have receipts? I mean as someone who barely knows anything about loona, she's always the one who just is the most visible to me and that usually happens with girls that are actually highly sus.

I think her and ryujin were friends predebut... That adds to the sus weight to me.
I would swear up and down that Heejin was a full on lesbian judging by their content. She mentions Hyunjin constantly like she has a crush. There was an episode of Chuu can do it where they were baking cakes for Valentines Day and Chuu correctly guessed that Heejin's cake was going to be a gift for Hyunjin. But then there's that dumb ass foot scandal and all that wishful thinking washes away...

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
26 Mar 2023, 17:18
Guest wrote:
26 Mar 2023, 17:07
The only thing that shows here is how arrogant she is. There is nothing fruity about her arrogance. She needed that humbling down. What a self absorbed ass.
You need a humbling, using boomer slurs cause straights made it quirky on tiktok, grow up and grow some social awareness too cause answering 'no' is a normal prompt to get an answer, you think she was supposed to start listing names? What are you, shitty AI?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
26 Mar 2023, 17:25
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
The only thing that shows here is how arrogant she is. There is nothing fruity about her arrogance. She needed that humbling down. What a self absorbed ass.
You need a humbling, using boomer slurs cause straights made it quirky on tiktok, grow up and grow some social awareness too cause answering 'no' is a normal prompt to get an answer, you think she was supposed to start listing names? What are you, shitty AI?
Slurs? Are you delicate wallflower? No isn't a normal answer. It's the answer of someone self absorbed and egotistical. She deserved to be taken down a peg or more.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
26 Mar 2023, 17:24
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
I'm the op and I was talking about the lyrics only. I wasn't expecting them to sing about women but there's million other things to sing about than bad boys. That's all I'm saying.
They didn't write the title song but they still made sure the MV it's gay.
The pre-release they co-wrote and it's pretty much completely gender neutral except for the spanish translation of one phrase. Spanish kinda forced them to gender it and they sure as fuck couldn't just use the female version.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
26 Mar 2023, 17:29
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
The pre-release they co-wrote and it's pretty much completely gender neutral except for the spanish translation of one phrase. Spanish kinda forced them to gender it and they sure as fuck couldn't just use the female version.
Again, I did NOT expect them to sing about women. But I didn't expect them to sing about bad boys either. Korean language is gender neutral so it's not surprising the song is gender neutral except for the Spanish part, most kpop songs these days are so that really isn't anything special. I didn't even mind the first song because I didn't think of it as heterosexual at all. But now that it seems like they're releasing a song once again about a bad guy makes me just disappointed. And once again because it seems to be so hard for you to underestand, no, I didn't think they were going to release a gay song. Just a song without the mention of men, that's all.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
26 Mar 2023, 17:08
Guest wrote:
26 Mar 2023, 01:54
Did you check her ig? she sometimes post the posters of the movies she watches. It's been a long time i have been in her acc that's why asking.
Blue is the warmest color came out 10 years ago so her instagram won't be helpful. A reg on the main forum said she read MCW went to see that film several times alone when it came out.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
26 Mar 2023, 17:42
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Again, I did NOT expect them to sing about women. But I didn't expect them to sing about bad boys either. Korean language is gender neutral so it's not surprising the song is gender neutral except for the Spanish part, most kpop songs these days are so that really isn't anything special. I didn't even mind the first song because I didn't think of it as heterosexual at all. But now that it seems like they're releasing a song once again about a bad guy makes me just disappointed. And once again because it seems to be so hard for you to underestand, no, I didn't think they were going to release a gay song. Just a song without the mention of men, that's all.
If they weren’t an actual couple I think they would have. But this isn’t a solo release it’s both of them and they are thus under more of a spotlight from the public

They didn’t want to push boundaries too far so they pushed as much as they could

This way they can be the couple. It hide too

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
26 Mar 2023, 17:53
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

If they weren’t an actual couple I think they would have. But this isn’t a solo release it’s both of them and they are thus under more of a spotlight from the public

They didn’t want to push boundaries too far so they pushed as much as they could

Don't lie to me and tell me you were expecting them to sing about men. I don't think any of us were and it's okay to not like it. But it is what it is, let's hope the upcoming song will surprise us and it isn't lyrically as bad as it seems now. Also, it kinda bothers me how so many of you (or is it always the same ms shipper?) act like they know them personally and know what they want. You say all those things like they were facts when really you're only just speculating about two women you do not know.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
26 Mar 2023, 18:06
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Don't lie to me and tell me you were expecting them to sing about men. I don't think any of us were and it's okay to not like it. But it is what it is, let's hope the upcoming song will surprise us and it isn't lyrically as bad as it seems now. Also, it kinda bothers me how so many of you (or is it always the same ms shipper?) act like they know them personally and know what they want. You say all those things like they were facts when really you're only just speculating about two women you do not know.
da
You're too invested if you get so angry at some random kpop song they didn't even write and that hasn't even been released yet. Like chill.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Slurs? Are you delicate wallflower? No isn't a normal answer. It's the answer of someone self absorbed and egotistical. She deserved to be taken down a peg or more.
I'm gay with dignity, you must be bi. I guess no one ever hits on you, so I'll give you a tip: you're NOT actually supposed to start listing models and actresses when someone throws a pickup line at you, you're supposed to let them finish the bit, so you say something short like 'no.' Can't believe your dumbass would be sitting there counting

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

No offesnse but isn't the song literally called bad boy???!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Anything on Han Sohee other than posting about wlw media?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
26 Mar 2023, 18:14
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
I'm gay with dignity, you must be bi. I guess no one ever hits on you, so I'll give you a tip: you're NOT actually supposed to start listing models and actresses when someone throws a pickup line at you, you're supposed to let them finish the bit, so you say something short like 'no.' Can't believe your dumbass would be sitting there counting
da I agree with the previous anon, she sounds vane as hell which is typical Irene. I don't know why you're taking this so personally. She didn't have to mention any names, but saying no like that is a choice. She has history of always being vane and never extending that same courtesy to others or complimenting them while it sounds like it's part of their contract to validate her vanity.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Anyone tired of the Y2K trend in K-Pop nowadays? And it’s always the younger groups doing it too. As a millennial, it’s just weird to have my childhood be used as an aesthetic for groups that wasn’t even born or was too young to even remember it.

The only group I’m fine with using it is XG because I feel like they actually respect it and isn’t just using it to be trendy. Like the members have actually done their research, listened and are big fans of singers from that era (TLC, Aaliyah, Lauryn Hill, etc).

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

I am so confused. Where did I say at all that I expected them to sing about men. I didn’t what to expect. Tbh for a closeted lesbian couple in the industry they couldn’t go about this the way other female idol units were going to go. I had no idea. So I was already prepared for the unexpected and when I saw what they did it made perfect sense

Byul and Yong’s entire brand is to make things that the public can interpret one way but real fans or those in the know can see in a different way. That’s exactly what they did here

On the surface because it has the wording it does it gives them a blanket of plausible deniability, but then they make it clear Byul is the romantic pairing for Yong through literally every other part of the song dynamic, the clothing, the concept, the choreography and everything else

You don’t hav to like it but they get safest going about it this way and it’s fine. If they kept it gender neutral I don’t think they would have gone all in on the romantic pairing aspect.

But now they can just claim they were playing characters in this story and it keeps them safe in their glass closet

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
26 Mar 2023, 18:16
Not really.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

That’s exactly it. They did it this way so it looks like they’re just playing characters in a story. They couldn’t make it personal

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
26 Mar 2023, 18:25
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

da I agree with the previous anon, she sounds vane as hell which is typical Irene. I don't know why you're taking this so personally. She didn't have to mention any names, but saying no like that is a choice. She has history of always being vane and never extending that same courtesy to others or complimenting them while it sounds like it's part of their contract to validate her vanity.
It's not personal, but you all need to let it the fuck go. Whenever ppl see someone they don't care about they scroll, but with Irene people HAVE to stop and jerk off their rage boners in front of all of us.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
26 Mar 2023, 18:29
Guest wrote:
Not really.
Not true

There was much speculation years ago including the actress she might have been dating because of matching things they posted on their ig’s

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
That’s exactly it. They did it this way so it looks like they’re just playing characters in a story. They couldn’t make it personal
Well no shit. The album is called Act 1, Scene 1 for a reason. That's literally the whole concept.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
26 Mar 2023, 18:31
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Not really.
Not true

There was much speculation years ago including the actress she might have been dating because of matching things they posted on their ig’s
Please post this stuff here then because i am really interested in her and want to see/judge for myself.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
26 Mar 2023, 18:30
Guest wrote:
26 Mar 2023, 18:25
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

It's not personal, but you all need to let it the fuck go. Whenever ppl see someone they don't care about they scroll, but with Irene people HAVE to stop and jerk off their rage boners in front of all of us.
This isn't a fan thread, you post something then you expect people to comment and you'll have to deal.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
26 Mar 2023, 18:35
Guest wrote:
Well no shit. The album is called Act 1, Scene 1 for a reason. That's literally the whole concept.
Yes I know. I am agreeing with the other post that it was done so they could be open but claim it’s just playing characters if there is suspicion