LOOΠΔ

Reactions:

Re: LOOΠΔ

Post by Guest »

What does everyone think of the latest Kim Lip controversy? Girl can't catch a break on this tour.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Aug 2022, 11:56
What does everyone think of the latest Kim Lip controversy? Girl can't catch a break on this tour.
I'm going to one of their concerts and honestly her behaviour is making me less excited. She's my second fave member and I know they're all severely tired but wow this is not an atmosphere I'm expecting to be lighthearted fun especially with all the members missing shows from being overworked. Maybe it's a cultural difference but maybe not since another Kpop concert I went to was super chill and the artist was so happy with the pride flags. The audience loved it and seems like most of them were gays like Orbits so it felt carefree and very open for everyone to be themselves without worrying. Getting annoyed at the yelling fans was understandable, walking off is a bit extreme though because what about all the other Orbits who paid tons of money to see you? Now getting annoyed at a pride flag? Unless there's a misunderstanding I don't know why Kim Lip is acting so tense and awkward to her own stans. I wonder if she even enjoys being an idol that much

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Aug 2022, 12:47
Guest wrote:
I'm going to one of their concerts and honestly her behaviour is making me less excited. She's my second fave member and I know they're all severely tired but wow this is not an atmosphere I'm expecting to be lighthearted fun especially with all the members missing shows from being overworked. Maybe it's a cultural difference but maybe not since another Kpop concert I went to was super chill and the artist was so happy with the pride flags. The audience loved it and seems like most of them were gays like Orbits so it felt carefree and very open for everyone to be themselves without worrying. Getting annoyed at the yelling fans was understandable, walking off is a bit extreme though because what about all the other Orbits who paid tons of money to see you? Now getting annoyed at a pride flag? Unless there's a misunderstanding I don't know why Kim Lip is acting so tense and awkward to her own stans. I wonder if she even enjoys being an idol that much
I've seen people say that someone threw something at her and thats why she reacted like that, Kim Lip has never shown any problem or discomfort at her gay fans before so I could see that happening or this being a misunderstanding

To be honest and this goes for the full group, i dont think the majority of the girls are enjoying the tour this much, the girls are falling down one by one and its clearly wearing them down, we only had 4 girls that havent missed a stage of the song due to injuries, 4 in a group of 12 (With Chuu being at home, so 11).
Literally we had 8 girls on stage yesterday. I cant see how the girls are happy when they are worried if they will even feel good enough to continue after not having rest days or travelling by bus, or if they will have to cover for someone else parts.

The girls who seem the happiest are the ones that havent had any problem in general, the others dont feel well and they also feel sorry for missing the concert so they keep apologizing and they feel bad.

And the worst is that there is barely a week between the end of the american tour and the start of the european one, but for some reason they will go to korea 3 days and then travel to europe, which wont clearly help with jet lag and rest

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
There's been so many videos of Kim Lip spacing out on stage already, I genuinely don't think she was showing disgust at the pride flag. The girls are genuinely so tired. There were only 8 members left on stage at last night's show.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
28 Aug 2022, 03:41
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
There's been so many videos of Kim Lip spacing out on stage already, I genuinely don't think she was showing disgust at the pride flag. The girls are genuinely so tired. There were only 8 members left on stage at last night's show.
I saw that. It looked like Olivia Hye wasn't there at the end? (Which surprised me because I feel like she's one of the few members I haven't heard about having any sort of injury or anything like that). So does that leave Heejin, Hyunjin, and Vivi as the only members who have made it all the way through so far?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
28 Aug 2022, 12:48
Guest wrote:
28 Aug 2022, 03:41
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
I saw that. It looked like Olivia Hye wasn't there at the end? (Which surprised me because I feel like she's one of the few members I haven't heard about having any sort of injury or anything like that). So does that leave Heejin, Hyunjin, and Vivi as the only members who have made it all the way through so far?
Olivia has a hip injury so thats why she had to sit out (she also tore(?) her harmstring towards the end of Queendom so i dont know if she healed from that).
I dont think Gowon has had to leave the stage because of injuries either, so thats leaves us Heejin, Hyunjin, Vivi and GOwon which is 1/3 (no pun intended) of the group, really few members for a 12 (11 in the tour) group.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

wtf, the official account is posting one of the girls literally half asleep during what appears to be rehearsal and commenting as if it's cute she's doing that. These girls need to run far away from this company.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I feel so bad for the girls, they are obviously overworking them all the missing shows and injuries now Yeojin is fainting during the show on stage.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
29 Aug 2022, 03:23
I feel so bad for the girls, they are obviously overworking them all the missing shows and injuries now Yeojin is fainting during the show on stage.
what an absolute mess. I saw video of that and another thing to note was there were only 7 of them standing on stage, including her. A third of the group not on stage what in the world. And they still have the Europe part of the tour not to mention their Asia activities happening after that.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
They are seriously being overworked but from what ive seen Yeojin didnt actually faint, she felt dizzy probably due to altitude sickness (something mexican orbits already warned bbc/mmt about and they didnt nothing as expected) and she came back to the stage not too long after.
I dont know how will they do the European leg either, i can see Yves (whose health problem seems to be exhaustion) recover a bit with a week enough to perform Europe's 5 concerts, Haseul being stubborn will probably ask to participate, even if she has to be seated and in a sling (she even wanted to dance this concert and orbits had to tell her to sit down), i dont know how serious Yeojin ankle injury is so it depends, Olivia has a hip injury, i dont think she should participate, hip injuries are serious and could get so much worse, and i dont know about Choerry.
Hope all of them recover well

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
28 Aug 2022, 23:46

wtf, the official account is posting one of the girls literally half asleep during what appears to be rehearsal and commenting as if it's cute she's doing that. These girls need to run far away from this company.
Wow so are we not allowed to call VIvi cute now? Orbits just do not like her at all.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

why can every other girl group do tours without so many problems like twice?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
02 Sep 2022, 18:30
why can every other girl group do tours without so many problems like twice?
Twice has more experience for one. They have less consecutive tour stops and more time in-between stops, specifically when going to another country. Imo, Twice choreography isn't as exhausting as Loona's, in fact most K-pop groups that have toured don't have choreo as intensive. They also don't do Queendom before going on tour. The last point is probably the biggest as multiple members were still suffering from injuries sustained during that program.

Granted though, Brave Girls did their tour even sooner than Loona's immediately after Queendom ended, but again their choreography is not as intense. And they are also all able to handle rowdy crowds better, perhaps due to experience performing in front of loud men all the time lol.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
02 Sep 2022, 18:17
Guest wrote:
28 Aug 2022, 23:46

Wow so are we not allowed to call VIvi cute now? Orbits just do not like her at all.
DA I believe OP was trying to say that it's not cute that it showed Vivi falling asleep (while sitting up at that) during a time when she should not be (like a rehearsal) therefore proving how incredibly overworked they are. And for the official account to post it like it's cute or funny is just so insanely tone deaf. IMO OP was not saying Vivi isn't physically cute. Her falling asleep under different circumstances could be cute, but knowing what has happened during their tour just makes it kinda sad instead.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Does anyone know what is actually wrong with Choerry? It must be something bad for her to not have the possibility to preform on the European tour at all.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

chuu said this. do you think she's getting kicked from the group because it kinda implies she didn't want the random solo she just got instead of the world tour

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
04 Sep 2022, 11:51
Does anyone know what is actually wrong with Choerry? It must be something bad for her to not have the possibility to preform on the European tour at all.
I saw people saying that it could be long-term effects of covid.
She felt bad even before they performed the first concert, and when the second half of the tour began it got worse enough to miss a stop, and then she performed at one but not at the next and like this until the end. So whatever it is, the schedule didnt help, if she skipped one concert, with the extra rest she got she performed the next one (except mexico, but i think that even with the extra day rest the altitude was too much).
It could be that she has some effects from covid and the schedule made it so much worse so the point she needs to rest fully to also overcome the exhaustion and overworking of all this year (they have barely had any rest this year). I remember seeing videos from the second part of the tour she performed at, and you could see she was really tired and looked exhausted.
Whatever it is i hope she recovers.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
04 Sep 2022, 11:59
chuu said this. do you think she's getting kicked from the group because it kinda implies she didn't want the random solo she just got instead of the world tour
I mean , you could ask any of the girls and all of them would rather debut in a big3 company (that has conections, where you already get a fanbase even before they even know the members, more budget etc) than in a small company that hasnt treated them well and all of them already talked about this a lot of times for example the members talking about the strict diet, the denial of projects, the long hiatus. The girls clearly dont like how bbc has treated/is treating them
And we already know Chuu didnt want to miss the tour, she has already said it time and time again, but she (or bbc/mmt) cant cancel the schedules even if she wants to and she also knows that

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

To change the vibes from this thread a little and because i know we all miss yerim, here is another angle of yerim asking for the lesbian flag from the concert

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
05 Sep 2022, 21:51
To change the vibes from this thread a little and because i know we all miss yerim, here is another angle of yerim asking for the lesbian flag from the concert
Do you think they were instructed to not take any flags after the first concert? Because both times, the members themselves asked for the pride flags from fans so it's not like it was randomly tossed at them.
I rmb after the first concert, some antis said they were gonna bring the nazi flag and toss it on stage like wtf

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
29 Aug 2022, 06:47
Guest wrote:
They are seriously being overworked but from what ive seen Yeojin didnt actually faint, she felt dizzy probably due to altitude sickness (something mexican orbits already warned bbc/mmt about and they didnt nothing as expected) and she came back to the stage not too long after.
I dont know how will they do the European leg either, i can see Yves (whose health problem seems to be exhaustion) recover a bit with a week enough to perform Europe's 5 concerts, Haseul being stubborn will probably ask to participate, even if she has to be seated and in a sling (she even wanted to dance this concert and orbits had to tell her to sit down), i dont know how serious Yeojin ankle injury is so it depends, Olivia has a hip injury, i dont think she should participate, hip injuries are serious and could get so much worse, and i dont know about Choerry.
Hope all of them recover well
was at the concert in mexico in first row and can confirm that kim lip was spacing out during the whole show and didn't interact with the crowd much, i didn't even enjoy the show because the girls were tired and you could tell, half of them ran backstage after the songs ended, or even in the middle of the performance had to take a break and come back after a while, it honestly hurt to see them perform when they were clearly so exhausted, as a fan you can't enjoy a show like that when the artist is clearly overworked

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
06 Sep 2022, 20:24
Guest wrote:
05 Sep 2022, 21:51
Do you think they were instructed to not take any flags after the first concert? Because both times, the members themselves asked for the pride flags from fans so it's not like it was randomly tossed at them.
I rmb after the first concert, some antis said they were gonna bring the nazi flag and toss it on stage like wtf
Both choerry and olivia asking for the flags happened at the first concert, its possible they told the girls to not pick-up large things or things they couldnt see each side after some antis said that and fans warned the managment, the venues and the girls

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

what do you think about the video of hyunjin and that pride flag? :/

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
08 Sep 2022, 22:51
I mean there is not a lot to think, hyunjin was hit in the face with a flag, she smiled and waved and went on.
I wish fans were more mindful about throwing things, not just flags, but toys and bracelets too. The members have been hit by other things and i recall them being annoyed.
We have seen time and time again that if the girls want something, they will ask for it.
I think that the worst is the fact that it hit her right in the face.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
if the girls aren't picking your stuff from the crowd you're not gonna trick them into holding it up by aggressively lobbing it into their faces

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

fans fainted in amsterdam because the ones standing at the back were all pushing up to the front and there was shouting in the queue so it seems like an overall disrespectful crowd. yves wasn't there due to illness and kim lip had to leave at some point so only seven members performed all throughout. looks like their london concert might be cancelled now too because of the mourning period for the queen until her funeral happens which will be a couple days after the concert

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Do you have a link? I couldn't find it on Twitter.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 Sep 2022, 12:20
Guest wrote:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 Sep 2022, 12:57
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Thanks anon! I don't see anything wrong with this. She simply didn't catch something that was thrown at her face. On this tour she seems to be one of the most consistent members performance wise and always has a smile on her face, so I think she deserves a lot of love and no hate.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
10 Sep 2022, 11:49
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Thanks anon! I don't see anything wrong with this. She simply didn't catch something that was thrown at her face. On this tour she seems to be one of the most consistent members performance wise and always has a smile on her face, so I think she deserves a lot of love and no hate.
It's wrong when several times the girls themselves have asked not to be thrown stuff at the stage. They have shown on several occasions that when they want something they ask for it. Besides, not only was this thrown without her consent it hit her square in the face, that could've been enough to knock her off balance and/or injure her.

It's incredibly disrepectful to the artist to do this.

(My main language is not english so i'm sorry if my point is not shown across correctly)

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
10 Sep 2022, 16:38
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
It's wrong when several times the girls themselves have asked not to be thrown stuff at the stage. They have shown on several occasions that when they want something they ask for it. Besides, not only was this thrown without her consent it hit her square in the face, that could've been enough to knock her off balance and/or injure her.

(My main language is not english so i'm sorry if my point is not shown across correctly)
No no I meant Hyunjin didn't do anything wrong like people were trying to imply. Like she got hit in the face with it and just let it fall to the ground. Some people were trying to imply that makes her homophobic, but I was just saying there's nothing wrong with her reaction. I agree with you that it's wrong to just throw stuff at people.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
11 Sep 2022, 00:58
Guest wrote:
10 Sep 2022, 16:38
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

No no I meant Hyunjin didn't do anything wrong like people were trying to imply. Like she got hit in the face with it and just let it fall to the ground. Some people were trying to imply that makes her homophobic, but I was just saying there's nothing wrong with her reaction. I agree with you that it's wrong to just throw stuff at people.
sorry for the misunderstanding on my side and yeah nowhere did it come off ashomophobic, maybe people read things wrongly but who knows, hopefully people will stop throwing things their way cause it always seems to stress them out and people overanalyze their reactions when they do it :/

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Heejin: Kinsey 2
Hyunjin: Kinsey 1
Haseul: Kinsey 0
Yeojin: Kinsey 0
Vivi:Kinsey 2
Kim lip: Kinsey 3
Jinsoul: Kinsey 2
Cheorry: Kinsey 1
Yves: Kinsey 4
Chuu: Kinsey 3
Gowon: Kinsey 4
Olivia: Kinsey 6
Yyxy just gives out “queer girls who support and protect each other” vibes

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

as a korean who understands the language + mannerisms, yves and choerry ping the most,,,, and maybe kim lip

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
23 Sep 2022, 16:31
as a korean who understands the language + mannerisms, yves and choerry ping the most,,,, and maybe kim lip
Now I'm curious. Why Choerry?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
23 Sep 2022, 16:38
Guest wrote:
I'm also curious, Choerry isnt normally one of the members people are sus about, obviously a lot of people base it on their experiences and since the majority of people here or on other platforms arent korean we lose on cultural clues and all that.
Choerry is also quite private and doesnt tend to share a lot about anything really

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

How is it possible that they haven't been paid since their debut? That's absolutely insane. 4 years and no compensation? How's that even legal?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

why yves?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

This group is cursed.
All around bad energy.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
23 Sep 2022, 23:55
How is it possible that they haven't been paid since their debut? That's absolutely insane. 4 years and no compensation? How's that even legal?
That's the reality for non-big 4 groups, they have to pay their trainee debt back, and since what brings the money is touring and because of covid they could only start touring now they lost like 2 years of making good money. I dont know if its legal or not, but idol companies in general (big 4 or not) are pretty sketchy and do things bordering on ilegal all the time

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
24 Sep 2022, 03:58
Guest wrote:
That's the reality for non-big 4 groups, they have to pay their trainee debt back, and since what brings the money is touring and because of covid they could only start touring now they lost like 2 years of making good money. I dont know if its legal or not, but idol companies in general (big 4 or not) are pretty sketchy and do things bordering on ilegal all the time
But what about food, clothes, medical care and other things? Who covers those expenses?
It doesn't make sense, and it seems like an awful deal to be overworked without any kind of benefit.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
23 Sep 2022, 16:53
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
I'm also curious, Choerry isnt normally one of the members people are sus about, obviously a lot of people base it on their experiences and since the majority of people here or on other platforms arent korean we lose on cultural clues and all that.
Choerry is also quite private and doesnt tend to share a lot about anything really
OP here idk how to reply on here bc i've never posted a reply on here before but hope this works 😭

with choerry - it's hard to explain but she comes off as super assertive almost like she's trying to show she's not straight, i feel like i'm not alone with thinking this because so many women hanbits are crazy for choerry, lol

for yves - again cant explain it haha she just exudes girl love in everything she says and does

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
26 Sep 2022, 00:48
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
But what about food, clothes, medical care and other things? Who covers those expenses?
It doesn't make sense, and it seems like an awful deal to be overworked without any kind of benefit.
They can earn money through solo activities. Often times the top earner in groups splits their money with the rest of the team for the beginning years. In WJSN, Exy split her money earned from songwriting.

A lot of idols also have part-time jobs and/or their parents supporting them. Many live with their parents instead of the dorms if possible.

The Loona situation is massively sus though, I saw concert data that showed from just their largest concert in US they earned $400k from ticket sales. Consider the number of concerts total they did and that they were selling merch....they should have their debt paid off by now imo.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
26 Sep 2022, 07:07
Guest wrote:
26 Sep 2022, 00:48
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
They can earn money through solo activities. Often times the top earner in groups splits their money with the rest of the team for the beginning years. In WJSN, Exy split her money earned from songwriting.

A lot of idols also have part-time jobs and/or their parents supporting them. Many live with their parents instead of the dorms if possible.

The Loona situation is massively sus though, I saw concert data that showed from just their largest concert in US they earned $400k from ticket sales. Consider the number of concerts total they did and that they were selling merch....they should have their debt paid off by now imo.
Its probable that the money hasnt been split up because the tour isnt done yet, since they still have two concerts in seoul. Once the tour is finally done and they add the money from the tickets, the merch and the meet and greet then mmt and bbc will split the money.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
26 Sep 2022, 04:25
Guest wrote:
23 Sep 2022, 16:53
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
OP here idk how to reply on here bc i've never posted a reply on here before but hope this works 😭

with choerry - it's hard to explain but she comes off as super assertive almost like she's trying to show she's not straight, i feel like i'm not alone with thinking this because so many women hanbits are crazy for choerry, lol

for yves - again cant explain it haha she just exudes girl love in everything she says and does
choerry pings how wjsn seola or even eunseo do to me lately like what you said about being feminine in a very cool assertive way that appeals to women and not just because of a concept change. she's matured and changed a lot from being the cute one and grown into herself as a person and as you said she's the most private by far to the point of basically not talking to fans which is weird when you consider her whole marketing point was being the sunshine of the group. she always just seems like she's busy doing her own thing and isn't particularly close to anyone in loona either and i guess some women are drawn to that mysterious in charge outcast energy for whatever reason

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

but idk korean and i'm trying to figure out what you meant by understanding mannerisms and language like if there's something choerry has said

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Sep 2022, 18:03
but idk korean and i'm trying to figure out what you meant by understanding mannerisms and language like if there's something choerry has said
I know people don't care about flags much but she was the one who picked up the lesbian flag too lol

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
28 Sep 2022, 21:49
Guest wrote:
I know people don't care about flags much but she was the one who picked up the lesbian flag too lol
doesn’t mean much but she made the effort to actually ask for it, so who knows right

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
29 Sep 2022, 00:49
Guest wrote:
28 Sep 2022, 21:49
Guest wrote:
doesn’t mean much but she made the effort to actually ask for it, so who knows right
pretty sure choerry was the one who brought the rainbow flag backstage a few years ago too which everyone dismissed but like if it's a pattern then maybe it's worth mentioning