LOOΠΔ

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

WHERE THE FUCK IS THE COMEBACK GOD DAMNIT

btw vote for them on AAA

LMH
Reactions: 0

Post by LMH »

Just here to say that Loona won first place in the gg category for AAA! They should be accepting the award on the 26th :)

Bolinho
Reactions: 12

Post by Bolinho »

Not only thanks to orbits efforts and promo made by the orbits themselves(there was so many hilarious promos made by orbits, such as making food companies on twitter talk about Loona in exchange for buying their products ��) Loona is the first girl group to win the AAA award for popularity(They also win the Focus Award on AAA) [26/11/2019] as well as become the first Korean girl group to reach #1 on both the Singles and Albums chart on iTunes US! [13/12/2019]

Bolinho

Post by Bolinho »

In the Meet and Greet came out the official news of a comeback with a teaser, they said their agenda will be very busy in 2020 :crybabe: :crybabe:
https://t.co/PYYvWWjZds
"

These 02 accounts have more info about everything that happened in the Meet and Greet.
https://twitter.com/orrery_nim?s=09
https://twitter.com/caskerbox?s=09

Bolinho

Post by Bolinho »

Each one of the girls made a painting for the Meet and Greet.

The First Six

Bolinho

Post by Bolinho »

The Last Six

Bolinho

Post by Bolinho »

In tribute to this era.
"
"

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

LOONA COMING TO SLAY THE WORLD 2/5!!!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:LOONA COMING TO SLAY THE WORLD 2/5!!!
Yes!! I saw the preview and the visuals and sound is absolutely amazing. I'm actually very excited

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

can anyone explain why this group doesn't have even a tenth of popularity in korea as they do in international fandom? every comeback is a flop in korea and yet they seemingly keep growing online outside of korea??

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

i'm convinced their international fanbase is primarily white gay men. this thread is dead.

Alek

Post by Alek »

Well at laassst after a whole fucking year!!
I really like the song and the MV. Girls look amazing! MV is a butterfly second part. Song; I like it but I don't love it. For me experimental Loona>more generic sound Loona. But it's not bad at all. Jinsoul voice is :wub: well Jinsoul in general is :wub:
I miss Haseul tho. And yeah they are gonna flop in Korea this time too. At this point we have to deal with the fact that Loona it's only semi well known internationally.

Btw wtf happened to all Korean entertainment threads?? Where's the original one?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

jesus they can't even last a few hours in melon top 100 on the day of release. they chart even worse than the average boy group.

how is this phenomenon explainable? they clearly have a lot of fans online. they have enough likable, somewhat well known members in korea to get them to at least perform at the same level as boy groups on charts. and yet they still flop in korea every comeback. i honestly try to understand how this happens but i don't know the answer.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:can anyone explain why this group doesn't have even a tenth of popularity in korea as they do in international fandom? every comeback is a flop in korea and yet they seemingly keep growing online outside of korea??
They aren't from a big 3 company and they aren't a produce group. Groups without that clout behind them have an insanely huge uphill battle to get Korean popularity. Not to sound shady, but if a group like Itzy debuted under another company they would be doing Cherry Bullet like numbers.

Lee Soo Man (SM) apparently has seen a lot of potential in them (prob internationally) and was actually involved in this comeback. That still doesn't mean Koreans will pay attention though.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:jesus they can't even last a few hours in melon top 100 on the day of release. they chart even worse than the average boy group.

how is this phenomenon explainable? they clearly have a lot of fans online. they have enough likable, somewhat well known members in korea to get them to at least perform at the same level as boy groups on charts. and yet they still flop in korea every comeback. i honestly try to understand how this happens but i don't know the answer.
You can look at my post below yours to understand a little more. btw it's not really true that they chart worse than your average boy group, they're actually pretty on par with mid tier bgs in Korea. Boy groups in general chart like trash.

Loona is pretty similar to boy groups in that they have an incredibly devoted core fanbase but pretty much no casual support. The inverse would be a group like Everglow. They somehow have millions of youtube views but they can't sell 10k albums (ant they chart WORSE than Loona in Korea).

Without the casual support they will not be a hit domestically.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:i'm convinced their international fanbase is primarily white gay men. this thread is dead.
They have a sizable amount of lesbian fans on twitter.

I would LOVE to have a lot of discussion on this thread but it feels like I'm the only one here. :-/

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Assuming that there is a 2nd season of Queendom I hope Loona gets invited to participate in it. From the post show interviews that I've seen the consensus seems to be that the effort was worth it and the groups that participated got a nice uptick in most metrics.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

My favorite bside on #.

Number 1

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

It will be interesting to see how a group like Cherry Bullet will do compared to Loona. If Cherry Bullet charts higher than Loona I won't stop laughing.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:It will be interesting to see how a group like Cherry Bullet will do compared to Loona. If Cherry Bullet charts higher than Loona I won't stop laughing.
Why are people so damn obsessed with charting, can people not just enjoy music? This is why I hate k-pop fans.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:It will be interesting to see how a group like Cherry Bullet will do compared to Loona. If Cherry Bullet charts higher than Loona I won't stop laughing.
Why are people so damn obsessed with charting, can people not just enjoy music? This is why I hate k-pop fans.
Honestly I find Kpop fans who spam fancams under every tweet the most annoying.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Honestly I find Kpop fans who spam fancams under every tweet the most annoying.
Fancam spammers

BTSpop fans

Clout chasers

Spamming stream ____ to x views!

Stan Loona

Maybe if you stanned ______

Boy group fans in general

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

The best song on the album being a hidden track. Their company really wants them to lose.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Orbits shouldn't even worry about charting when Loona has a decent fandom size.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
i hope that decent fandom size translates to actual decent album sales and not pre-order numbers expectations that aren't met.

afaik the 100k pre-orders number is not the number of actual pre-orders but what the company has projected based on who knows what. meanwhile, actual album sales are coming in and tbh first day sales are abysmal at 1.5k. album sales has potential to increase this week but i don't believe it will ever hit that 100k. i'd be genuinely shocked if it even reaches 50k.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
i hope that decent fandom size translates to actual decent album sales and not pre-order numbers expectations that aren't met.

afaik the 100k pre-orders number is not the number of actual pre-orders but what the company has projected based on who knows what. meanwhile, actual album sales are coming in and tbh first day sales are abysmal at 1.5k. album sales has potential to increase this week but i don't believe it will ever hit that 100k. i'd be genuinely shocked if it even reaches 50k.
lol first of all pre-orders aren't counted until they're shipped and the VAST majority of their sales are international. They have 10k sales on kpoptown alone.

http://www.ktown4u.com/search?goodsTextSearch=loona%20%23

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Lord production issues AGAIN. They always get underestimated because they aren't popular in Korea, but international demand is huge. When will they realize this my god.

https://mobile.twitter.com/jungi_e/status/1...604694325620736

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I'm really hoping the fact that Lee Soo Man worked with them this comeback works in their favor. I'm also really hoping they do a world tour this year. They absolutely have the fanbase internationally to justify doing one.

These days it really does suck for kpop groups that aren't part of the Big 3/Big Hit/Produce. It seems like there's really no other way to really gain popularity anymore. That and Korea in general really is sick of kpop groups. From what I understand, last year especially, kpop groups weren't really charting well like they would in the past. It would explain why a lot of groups are looking to the West now to try and continue thriving.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:Lord production issues AGAIN.  They always get underestimated because they aren't popular in Korea, but international demand is huge.  When will they realize this my god.

https://mobile.twitter.com/jungi_e/status/1...604694325620736
https://mobile.twitter.com/jungi_e/status/1...608906900213762

tweets it's over then says don't panic it's one website :fool:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:I'm really hoping the fact that Lee Soo Man worked with them this comeback works in their favor. I'm also really hoping they do a world tour this year. They absolutely have the fanbase internationally to justify doing one.

These days it really does suck for kpop groups that aren't part of the Big 3/Big Hit/Produce. It seems like there's really no other way to really gain popularity anymore. That and Korea in general really is sick of kpop groups. From what I understand, last year especially, kpop groups weren't really charting well like they would in the past. It would explain why a lot of groups are looking to the West now to try and continue thriving.
haven't we seen the results of his work? he added an sm style bridge to the song, the song came out, flopped in korea, doing average on spotify streams. working with him neither helped or hurt them.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:I'm really hoping the fact that Lee Soo Man worked with them this comeback works in their favor. I'm also really hoping they do a world tour this year. They absolutely have the fanbase internationally to justify doing one.

haven't we seen the results of his work? he added an sm style bridge to the song, the song came out, flopped in korea, doing average on spotify streams. working with him neither helped or hurt them.
Orbits need to fund some sajaegi, it's damn near impossible for groups from nugu companies to have a hit unless they have an insanely lucky viral moment (Momoland and EXID.)

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Cherry Bullet SHOULD be outcharting groups like Everglow and Loona. They come from a more well known company in FNC that has multiple popular acts fom 2-3rd gen (CN Blue, FT Island, AOA). They even managed to score them this gig while Loona was slumming it at trot gigs.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1381716wpp/s...-for-1st-lineup

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

sa

https://twitter.com/loonaranks/status/1225796565828341760

for what it's worth, 3rd day sales jumped up quite a bit . i still have a lot of doubt it will reach 100k.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:

I'm talking more so the exposure they could get from working with him as opposed to the actual song. It's the first time he's ever worked with a non-SM group and he's an industry legend who is still highly respected.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

I'm talking more so the exposure they could get from working with him as opposed to the actual song. It's the first time he's ever worked with a non-SM group and he's an industry legend who is still highly respected.
And? People outside of stan twitter still don't know what Loona is.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:

The song flopped internationally too and quick little #1 in itunes don't mean anything.

Bolinho

Post by Bolinho »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:can anyone explain why this group doesn't have even a tenth of popularity in korea as they do in international fandom? every comeback is a flop in korea and yet they seemingly keep growing online outside of korea??
They aren't from a big 3 company and they aren't a produce group. Groups without that clout behind them have an insanely huge uphill battle to get Korean popularity. Not to sound shady, but if a group like Itzy debuted under another company they would be doing Cherry Bullet like numbers.

Lee Soo Man (SM) apparently has seen a lot of potential in them (prob internationally) and was actually involved in this comeback. That still doesn't mean Koreans will pay attention though.

You can look at my post below yours to understand a little more. btw it's not really true that they chart worse than your average boy group, they're actually pretty on par with mid tier bgs in Korea. Boy groups in general chart like trash.

Loona is pretty similar to boy groups in that they have an incredibly devoted core fanbase but pretty much no casual support. The inverse would be a group like Everglow. They somehow have millions of youtube views but they can't sell 10k albums (ant they chart WORSE than Loona in Korea).

Without the casual support they will not be a hit domestically.
This thing of not being a group from one of the big 3 companies sums things up very well, I even remember watching a video that talked about this, unfortunately I don't remember the name of the video.

Also this whole thing about casual support makes me think about another girl group that i like, they're pretty big and probably the most recognized girl group worldwide but since their core fans are most casuals ones they still end up losing on voting awards for groups that are somewhat smaller(in the sense of number of fans, not smaller by calling any group inferior) than them. Just saying this to point out how you are right about them being two different things.

In my opnion, there is certain songs sung by some members (the individual songs before they are launched as a group) from Loona that you know that if they were an artist that is from one of the big companies or already has a name in the industry(due to once being part of one of the bigs companies) the music would have been a great success.
I still find a shame how the Butterfly choreography was overlooked by awards(not that I take awards of any kind seriously, in general, awards of any kind take into account the fame and popularity of something rather than the quality of the thing), regardless of how you feel about the song itself that choreography was something else.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Just heard their new song. It was not good. Their music before officially debuting as a group was much better.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

And? People outside of stan twitter still don't know what Loona is.
lmao the vast majority of groups are unknown outside of twitter, especially internationally. Your point?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

The song flopped internationally too and quick little #1 in itunes don't mean anything.
lmao literally what is the criteria for a hit internationally? Inflated youtube views?

This thread is so fucking annoying, you literally cannot go into anything k-pop related without fools bitching about stats and comparing groups. :X

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

lmao literally what is the criteria for a hit internationally? Inflated youtube views?

This thread is so fucking annoying, you literally cannot go into anything k-pop related without fools bitching about stats and comparing groups. :X
mv views, spotify streams, album sales, chart rankings are all informative stats. and lbr if any group is good at any of them then fans would be boasting about it. it's why loona stans talk up those itunes #1's even though those are not even all that important.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

lol typical kpop thread. all y'all wanna talk about is how the group is flopping. can't actually enjoy shit

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

:yawn: ANYWAY I'm going to discuss how fine Yves is, especially in this CF.

Alek

Post by Alek »

Ok here's the thing. Yes Loona are flops in terms of selling and recognition. We know everyone does. They are not from a big company and we all know how it works when groups are not under big4 (bighit being the 4th one). Loona are going to be the nine muses of this generation. Not a single win in their career, not charting etc but with a consistent great discography. I'm fine with it tbh and I'm fine because I'm tired and I just gave up. They are what they are I think they never going to happen. Kpop is oversaturated and you know, el pastel ya ha sido repartido. Also bighit will debute their GG soon so our chances are quite low for Loona to be a thing.
So I'm just going to be here for them cause I really like them and I genuinely think they are one of the best GG right now and the one with the best discography. Let's just enjoy the moment and talk about nice things like how they have improved on their live vocals and how good Jinsoul sounds this comeback xD

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Alek wrote:Ok here's the thing. Yes Loona are flops in terms of selling and recognition. We know everyone does. They are not from a big company and we all know how it works when groups are not under big4 (bighit being the 4th one). Loona are going to be the nine muses of this generation. Not a single win in their career, not charting etc but with a consistent great discography. I'm fine with it tbh and I'm fine because I'm tired and I just gave up. They are what they are I think they never going to happen. Kpop is oversaturated and you know, el pastel ya ha sido repartido. Also bighit will debute their GG soon so our chances are quite low for Loona to be a thing.
So I'm just going to be here for them cause I really like them and I genuinely think they are one of the best GG right now and the one with the best discography. Let's just enjoy the moment and talk about nice things like how they have improved on their live vocals and how good Jinsoul sounds this comeback xD
Their domestic digitals are flops but their physical sales are solid mid tier (when the distribution isn't fucked up). Anyway, after their 2019 was ruined by their shitty company I gave up hope on them blowing up. They have a solid core fandom and that's enough for them to continue for a while. That's enough on that.

Their vocals have improved a ton, they def put in a lot of work on their long hiatus. I love their goofy asses.

"

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Loona just lack the interest of Korea. Everywhere else they are solid

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

They should pull a Dreamcatcher and just focus on touring tbh. I get why they want to be established in Korea, but if it isn't gonna happen, then it isn't gonna happen. I think if this comeback doesn't work out for them they should start to cater toward the fanbase they do have and trying to make money that way.

Korea in general just seems pretty fed up with idols idk. There's a reason so many are trying to expand out West now.

Alek

Post by Alek »

Guest wrote:
Alek wrote:Ok here's the thing. Yes Loona are flops in terms of selling and recognition. We know everyone does. They are not from a big company and we all know how it works when groups are not under big4 (bighit being the 4th one). Loona are going to be the nine muses of this generation. Not a single win in their career, not charting etc but with a consistent great discography. I'm fine with it tbh and I'm fine because I'm tired and I just gave up. They are what they are I think they never going to happen. Kpop is oversaturated and you know, el pastel ya ha sido repartido. Also bighit will debute their GG soon so our chances are quite low for Loona to be a thing.
Their domestic digitals are flops but their physical sales are solid mid tier (when the distribution isn't fucked up). Anyway, after their 2019 was ruined by their shitty company I gave up hope on them blowing up. They have a solid core fandom and that's enough for them to continue for a while. That's enough on that.

Their vocals have improved a ton, they def put in a lot of work on their long hiatus. I love their goofy asses.

"

"
SA

That's exactly the content we should post haha. They are such dorks... I'm missing Haseul so much tho. I can't wait to see them on fact in star I hope we could get funny and meme moments just like last time :lol:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Everyone in the group is prob straight but Chuu has some interesting reactions.

https://twitter.com/loonaboard/status/1225693905322008579