Twice

Reactions:

Re: Twice

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Mar 2023, 21:25
Guest wrote:
21 Mar 2023, 16:33
I always knew Chaeyoung's try-hard tendencies would blow up in her face one day. And yeah, the managers are just as stupid as her, they saw what she posted and let it through, they do monitor it.
While it hurts me to see "tryhard" in reference to Chaeyoung, I have to reluctantly agree. Lately I feel that she's been so keen on stepping outside of the bubble gum kpop idol image that she's jeopardizing their international career. Not against self-expression at all, idols should have more freedom. But she wants so badly for people to see her as her aesthetic, alt girl e-girl off-beat artist- that's all it is to her, an aesthetic. It's honestly a form of cultural appropriation. An idol finding a Western stylistic culture cool, wanting it for themselves, but not understanding the kind of lifestyle that created it.
And you won't make me believe Chaeyoung likes Nevermind the Bollocks... her type of music is between super mainstream to "not famous but could get invited to the Tonight Show if they were" not "tossing broken glass into the crowd and shooting heroin". She thought that she was so different listening to Bieber and wathcing Burton. She tried to push the bit too far. I don't feel for whatever happens to her, should have used her brain.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Does anyone know when they'll release new TTT episodes? I want more variety content :sadangel:

I'm sorry for changing the subject. I know we're all upset right now but I've shared my opinion already and I don't want to reiterate the same things.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Mar 2023, 21:32
Does anyone know when they'll release new TTT episodes? I want more variety content :sadangel:

I'm sorry for changing the subject. I know we're all upset right now but I've shared my opinion already and I don't want to reiterate the same things.
Idk but I hope it’s an acting bit and not them just sitting around answering questions again

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:

Probably in a few weeks, I think they might release behind the scenes content for set me free first

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Mar 2023, 21:37
Guest wrote:

Idk but I hope it’s an acting bit and not them just sitting around answering questions again
Yes, please! I love when they act :lol: Soulmate is still my favorite TTT to watch

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Mar 2023, 21:42
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Yes, please! I love when they act :lol: Soulmate is still my favorite TTT to watch
Same soulmate and crime scene are my top two

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Mar 2023, 21:39
Guest wrote:

Probably in a few weeks, I think they might release behind the scenes content for set me free first
I hope so. I miss seeing them chill, eat and have fun in the dressing room while getting ready for music shows.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Mar 2023, 21:52
Guest wrote:
21 Mar 2023, 21:42
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Same soulmate and crime scene are my top two
Soulmate gave us so many memes and interesting interactions. It had me discussing and defending "contestants" as if it was an actual dating show :rofl:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

You guys..Nayeon kinda gay..
I just watched a fancam of their fansign yesterday and the day before and she cant stop staring at Mina yesterday, and Sanas legs the day before cuz she was wearing a tiny skirt, she was giggling to herself too whenever she looked :rofl: Its cute. Im referring to this fansign for Sana, and yall probably saw her moment with Mina yesterday

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Mar 2023, 22:04
I just watched a fancam of their fansign yesterday and the day before and she cant stop staring at Mina yesterday, and Sanas legs the day before cuz she was wearing a tiny skirt, she was giggling to herself too whenever she looked :rofl: Its cute. Im referring to this fansign for Sana, and yall probably saw her moment with Mina yesterday

Nayeon's always loved checking out the ladies :hudoin:

She was really cute with this fangirl too

Basically the fan was telling Nayeon that she likes someone that's 10+ years older than her, at the end the fan reveals that the person is Nayeon in 10 years (rough translation) :lol:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
i agree, she likes to observe pretty women and lowkey gets shy around them :$

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Mar 2023, 22:21
Guest wrote:

Basically the fan was telling Nayeon that she likes someone that's 10+ years older than her, at the end the fan reveals that the person is Nayeon in 10 years (rough translation) :lol:
I wanna interact with them soooooo bad but I don't think I'd be as playful or smooth :bigcry: I'd be stuttering and trying to remember the two Korean phrases I prepared lol

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I personally don't think anything "bad" is going to happen to the group because most people don't even have chaeyoung on their top 5 and love the rest of the girls too much. But I think it's going to be pretty awkward for her in concerts in the west because the difference in cheers between her and the rest of the girls is going to be big. Anyway I hope this sticks with her and she thinks of what she does and what she wears before she does it, and I hope the rest of the girls are learning from this too.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

:sadangel:
Guest wrote:
21 Mar 2023, 22:31
I personally don't think anything "bad" is going to happen to the group because most people don't even have chaeyoung on their top 5 and love the rest of the girls too much. But I think it's going to be pretty awkward for her in concerts in the west because the difference in cheers between her and the rest of the girls is going to be big. Anyway I hope this sticks with her and she thinks of what she does and what she wears before she does it, and I hope the rest of the girls are learning from this too.
I just know many other members would get alot more sympathy, but yea even konces mad at her for her rant yesterday and were saying they weren’t addressing her at the fansign and jonces dont address shit not pertaining jline. It was bad for her, American onces were her biggest fans and now they’re gone.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

COME ONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN. Where's my code? :bigcry:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

the prices are actually... fine :overmoon: thinking about getting a vip package

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Mar 2023, 22:36
How the fuck are people getting waitlisted? I thought with these capacities everyone would get in but most people on my tl are waitlisted too😭

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Mar 2023, 22:56
Guest wrote:
How the fuck are people getting waitlisted? I thought with these capacities everyone would get in but most people on my tl are waitlisted too😭
x2 I honestly don't get it and it pisses me off that multi-stans (and possibly scalpers) who aren't even big twice fans got in :argh:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
19 Mar 2023, 13:41
I'm planning to go to the ATL show and buy tickets for me and one other person but this time I want to be on the floor/really close to twice!! For the people who got barricade or floor tix for the last tour, did you guys get them straight away or did you wait and buy them resale?? If I don't secure the tickets on the first try, should I snatch them up from a reseller right there during the general sale or should I wait a few weeks to a month?? I don't want to get scammed by randos on ticketmaster but at the same time I worry that if I wait too long to buy the tickets after general sale has ended the price will be too high to afford :sadangel: I unfortunately can't do the trick of buying the tickets an hour before the show like some people do in order to get them cheap. Also if you dont mind sharing, how much did you guys pay for the tickets? I really want to be closer to the girls this time around, any advice/anecdotes would be super helpful :heart:
OP Update: :dance2: I got into Verified Fan Sale! I'm so surprised and happy. I have never gotten this before so I'm thrilled but also unsure what to expect tomorrow. Will it be easier to get the tickets I want? Would you guys say advice remains the same?

Reactions:

Post by 234664 »

Guest wrote:
21 Mar 2023, 23:00
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
x2 I honestly don't get it and it pisses me off that multi-stans (and possibly scalpers) who aren't even big twice fans got in :argh:
Everyone I know who’s trying to get tickets was also waitlisted! Including myself! Boooooo

Anonimus
Reactions:

Post by Anonimus »

Guest wrote:
21 Mar 2023, 18:06
guest wrote:
21 Mar 2023, 17:11
Guest wrote:
21 Mar 2023, 16:32
guest wrote:
21 Mar 2023, 16:19
there is so much babying happening in her ig comments. i know it has a different immediate connotation in asia but there are so many idols who have gotten backlash that there is no way that especially senior idols like twice don't know what comes to mind for their international audiences.
Well tbh I doubt CY would have worn that shirt if she knew what it meant. You have to remember that in the west we learn the history behind the symbol from a v young age and we're constantly reminded in movies TV etc how bad it is. That's probably not the case in SK (and remember CY basically left school when she was 15/16).

It's kinda like how ppl in the west might not know the meaning behind the "rising sun" imagery, even though its basically treated like a swastika in SK.

That said obviously this ignorance is not a good look and JYPE should definitely up their sensitivity training
the "asians don't get taught about this" excuse comes up every time this happens. even if it is missing from the school curriculum it's impossible to be ignorant when groups like bts and gfriend are getting backlash for n*zi imagery. like there is no way they don't know about it one way or the other.
Thank you! I say that everytime a scandal like this one happens. I don't work in PR but if you see someone else getting absolutely trash for something shouldn't your first instinct be "Okay so we know to not do that now." Learning from your mistakes is good but learning from other people's mistakes is faster. What's next they're gonna jump off a building to see if gravity works for them specifically?
I get your point but for an example 99% of the western population has either no idea of the Japanese 'Rising Sun' imperial flag or thinks its just some japanese shit... Most kpop fans became aware of its connotations and meaning for Koreans after they became kpop fans... Put your self in her shoes, cuz I know that I didnt know about the rising sun flag and I actually had a Tshirt of it when I visited Japan... Eversince learning about its meaning from Koreans I stopped wearing it. Furthermore the Swastika, or as we call it the Oz Tamga is a common symbol. Im not buddhist but I know and have seen in Korea many temples with accessories of what you would call swastikas on them... Perhaps chaeyoung knew or perhaps she missed it as she is accustomed to the symbol.... With how much care they put in their images with all of their korean and american comebacks its hard to imagine that she knew and took a risk for such a tshirt... Hell their comeback is called Set Me Free so I think if she were to take any risks she would rather choose smtg more positively scandalous

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Anonimus wrote:
21 Mar 2023, 23:16
Guest wrote:
21 Mar 2023, 18:06
guest wrote:
21 Mar 2023, 17:11
Guest wrote:
21 Mar 2023, 16:32
guest wrote:
21 Mar 2023, 16:19
there is so much babying happening in her ig comments. i know it has a different immediate connotation in asia but there are so many idols who have gotten backlash that there is no way that especially senior idols like twice don't know what comes to mind for their international audiences.
Well tbh I doubt CY would have worn that shirt if she knew what it meant. You have to remember that in the west we learn the history behind the symbol from a v young age and we're constantly reminded in movies TV etc how bad it is. That's probably not the case in SK (and remember CY basically left school when she was 15/16).

It's kinda like how ppl in the west might not know the meaning behind the "rising sun" imagery, even though its basically treated like a swastika in SK.

That said obviously this ignorance is not a good look and JYPE should definitely up their sensitivity training
the "asians don't get taught about this" excuse comes up every time this happens. even if it is missing from the school curriculum it's impossible to be ignorant when groups like bts and gfriend are getting backlash for n*zi imagery. like there is no way they don't know about it one way or the other.
Thank you! I say that everytime a scandal like this one happens. I don't work in PR but if you see someone else getting absolutely trash for something shouldn't your first instinct be "Okay so we know to not do that now." Learning from your mistakes is good but learning from other people's mistakes is faster. What's next they're gonna jump off a building to see if gravity works for them specifically?
I get your point but for an example 99% of the western population has either no idea of the Japanese 'Rising Sun' imperial flag or thinks its just some japanese shit... Most kpop fans became aware of its connotations and meaning for Koreans after they became kpop fans... Put your self in her shoes, cuz I know that I didnt know about the rising sun flag and I actually had a Tshirt of it when I visited Japan... Eversince learning about its meaning from Koreans I stopped wearing it. Furthermore the Swastika, or as we call it the Oz Tamga is a common symbol. Im not buddhist but I know and have seen in Korea many temples with accessories of what you would call swastikas on them... Perhaps chaeyoung knew or perhaps she missed it as she is accustomed to the symbol.... With how much care they put in their images with all of their korean and american comebacks its hard to imagine that she knew and took a risk for such a tshirt... Hell their comeback is called Set Me Free so I think if she were to take any risks she would rather choose smtg more positively scandalous
I saw many people comparing it with the rising sun flag and i have to agree. Especially since it's also from around the same time, that we didn't really got further in dept in then they did some awful things. Maybe imagery wasn't included, again I doubt all of them could point out the star of David either.
Also a lie i saw people spreading is that she paid 500 for it, when she probably found one of the cheap copies (know some alt store sold them for like 20).
Just hate that it always gets turned into fanwars as if they're comparable to voice cracks. Nothing ever gets done about it because fans always just want to defend them first and foremost

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I’ve been selected for the Verified Fan but I haven't recieved a code yet!!!!! :bigcry:

Anyone having the same problem??

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Mar 2023, 23:44
I’ve been selected for the Verified Fan but I haven't recieved a code yet!!!!! :bigcry:

no, i didn't even get in :( but don't panic. if you've been selected, you will get your code eventually

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Mar 2023, 23:08
Guest wrote:
19 Mar 2023, 13:41
I'm planning to go to the ATL show and buy tickets for me and one other person but this time I want to be on the floor/really close to twice!! For the people who got barricade or floor tix for the last tour, did you guys get them straight away or did you wait and buy them resale?? If I don't secure the tickets on the first try, should I snatch them up from a reseller right there during the general sale or should I wait a few weeks to a month?? I don't want to get scammed by randos on ticketmaster but at the same time I worry that if I wait too long to buy the tickets after general sale has ended the price will be too high to afford :sadangel: I unfortunately can't do the trick of buying the tickets an hour before the show like some people do in order to get them cheap. Also if you dont mind sharing, how much did you guys pay for the tickets? I really want to be closer to the girls this time around, any advice/anecdotes would be super helpful :heart:
OP Update: :dance2: I got into Verified Fan Sale! I'm so surprised and happy. I have never gotten this before so I'm thrilled but also unsure what to expect tomorrow. Will it be easier to get the tickets I want? Would you guys say advice remains the same?
congrats. i'm happy for you :hug: yes, stick to the advice. be there EARLY, look at the prices (maybe you'll get a vip package including soundcheck) and seats in advance and have everything ready. good luck!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Mar 2023, 22:21
Guest wrote:

Nayeon is so cute with her fangirls, like how shy she got when she was told she was pretty that day too

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Mar 2023, 23:44

It was very slow for me, came just now over an hour after I got the e-mail.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

This is making me laugh 😂

Someone really made an edit 😆

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Mar 2023, 23:00
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Every time they’ve done ticketing I’ll check the tag and it’s always bg fans who get tickets :bigcry: I know it’s impossible to identify real fans for these kinds of things but it’s just annoying

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Some of you are being OTT dramatic about this. She's an absolute idiot, but it's clearly unintentional and anyone can see that when the details arise. Now she should be donating and openly educating herself (unlikely) but they're not going to put her on hiatus or pull her from tour. What you see on Twitter and online forums doesn't mean anything in the grand scheme of things. It's just K-Pop. Even on an international stage they aren't selling to locals and they probably never will. Be realistic. It'll blow over in a few months and people will forget because that's the news cycle. Just like Jihyo in 2018 being offensive af. Just like every other stupid thing other idols have done. It's not world ending and it's not like Sana's IG post at all.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Tweets saying she should be kicked out... fuck off. She apologized and anyone with a brain can see she made a mistake out of ignorance and not evil intent. There's absolutely no grounds for her to be kicked out of the group for this. A social media timeout and education is what she needs to do.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 02:08
Guest wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 01:53
I'm not a fan, obviously think she did absolutely wrong things, must apologise and don't care about the intentions (possibility of 1. not knowing that well or 2. desperation to be cool kid stanning some cool looking things like Sid V which this goldstar lesbian myself did in my teen (not N*zi part) because my best friend stanned such trash brit rock... or 3. a secret evil right-winger).

I don't know... unless one is that evil, most people do not go search which restaurants are Jewish owned when travelling??? Even if she were a deep evil right-winger, did she expect to freely roam about in the US, esp. blue states, wearing that shirt and not get stoned?
I think the fact that she willingly walked into a Jewish restaurant wearing that symbol just shows that she is painfully ignorant and just that. You would have to be deeply antisemitic and racist to do that on purpose and I don't think that is the case here. I think maybe she knows what the symbol is but not the severity of it? Like for example in the west we don't really know about the rising sun symbol and if some of us know we don't know the severity of it in Korea for example. I am not trying to defend her, I just thing she is severely ignorant and a bit stupid.
Which is absolutely insane because how do you know what a swastika is, know what Nazis did and not understand the severity of it? Mind blowing. I do agree that agree that the whole thing stems from her being deeply ignorant and also stupid, and all that coupled with her desire to differ from the norm is a dangerous combination.

Right now it's hard to assess the damage, it could blow over in a week or it could have serious repercurssions...I guess we'll see. This was the last thing they needed right before starting a huge scale world tour tho, it sucks so much

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

You keep talking about possible consequences and how Koreans only respect Chinese money but there you go talking about concert tickets. If this happened with anything related to China no one will be buying tickets. Thats why they worship them. And this is why nothing will happen even if it's covered by whatever. Companies only care about profits and theirs isn't touched here.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 02:28
Guest wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 02:21
Some of you are being OTT dramatic about this. She's an absolute idiot, but it's clearly unintentional and anyone can see that when the details arise. Now she should be donating and openly educating herself (unlikely) but they're not going to put her on hiatus or pull her from tour. What you see on Twitter and online forums doesn't mean anything in the grand scheme of things. It's just K-Pop. Even on an international stage they aren't selling to locals and they probably never will. Be realistic. It'll blow over in a few months and people will forget because that's the news cycle. Just like Jihyo in 2018 being offensive af. Just like every other stupid thing other idols have done. It's not world ending and it's not like Sana's IG post at all.
Eh, i'm back and forth on this. Obviously I don't want anything to happen to her, but the problem for Twice is the way it's being heavily reported on by Western news outlets now. That's the real killer here, because they just received a huge award from Billboard, and are partly represented by Republic Records....above anything else, money talks. Brand representation is a huge deal, and being linked to anti-semitism (intentional or not) is definitely not a small issue that can be brushed over with the next news cycle. I wish this was a small issue that could be fixed with an apology but I just don't know
I think the fact that the news are shared along her apology make it not that big of a deal at the end of the day because most people will just read the headline and be like oh she didn't know and apologize and leave it at that. But the biggest percentage of people will just not care because they don't care about kpop idols and an apology for a racist symbol is not that big of a deal and not juicy enough compared to what some American artists do. At the end of the day I think the only way this will impact them is they will not post anything for mina's birthday and for the next days there will be social media silence, she will seem sad for some time everytime we see her and that's it.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Eh, i'm back and forth on this. Obviously I don't want anything to happen to her, but the problem for Twice is the way it's being heavily reported on by Western news outlets now. That's the real killer here, because they just received a huge award from Billboard, and are partly represented by Republic Records....above anything else, money talks. Brand representation is a huge deal, and being linked to anti-semitism (intentional or not) is definitely not a small issue that can be brushed over with the next news cycle. I wish this was a small issue that could be fixed with an apology but I just don't know
Not many major brands have worked with Chaeyoung and Western news doesn't mean anything. TMZ? Yahoo? Billboard? No one cares. It's celebrity drama. It's not remotely important in the grand scheme of things. It doesn't effect anything except the non-kpop fans deciding not to listen to them because of her. There's still 8 other members and one isn't going to pull them all down especially when she's not the face of the group or that popular overall (honesty hurts but yeah). Worst that happens is they aren't invited back to an awards show. It's all insignificant. Their success lies in their fanbase and KPop fans and I guarantee the numbers ticketing will do tomorrow will negate her stupidity in the eyes of anyone investing in them.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 02:32
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
I'm not a fan, obviously think she did absolutely wrong things, must apologise and don't care about the intentions (possibility of 1. not knowing that well or 2. desperation to be cool kid stanning some cool looking things like Sid V which this goldstar lesbian myself did in my teen (not N*zi part) because my best friend stanned such trash brit rock... or 3. a secret evil right-winger).

I don't know... unless one is that evil, most people do not go search which restaurants are Jewish owned when travelling??? Even if she were a deep evil right-winger, did she expect to freely roam about in the US, esp. blue states, wearing that shirt and not get stoned?
I think the fact that she willingly walked into a Jewish restaurant wearing that symbol just shows that she is painfully ignorant and just that. You would have to be deeply antisemitic and racist to do that on purpose and I don't think that is the case here. I think maybe she knows what the symbol is but not the severity of it? Like for example in the west we don't really know about the rising sun symbol and if some of us know we don't know the severity of it in Korea for example. I am not trying to defend her, I just thing she is severely ignorant and a bit stupid.
Which is absolutely insane because how do you know what a swastika is, know what Nazis did and not understand the severity of it? Mind blowing. I do agree that agree that the whole thing stems from her being deeply ignorant and also stupid, and all that coupled with her desire to differ from the norm is a dangerous combination.

Right now it's hard to assess the damage, it could blow over in a week or it could have serious repercurssions...I guess we'll see. This was the last thing they needed right before starting a huge scale world tour tho, it sucks so much
Same, I can see it going both ways. If any of the companies that are supporting or have in a stake in Twice in the US have Jewish leadership, it's a huge f**n slap in the face tbh, and I wouldn't blame them for not wanting to be affiliated. Just the dumbest mistake of all time

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I think she would like to sit out of the upcoming concerts, if JYPE is smart. A lot of media outlets reporting it and non kpop fans are made aware. Plus that half apology from her won't sit well with a lot of people. She should have explained the significance of the sign and why she was apologising to, not just to the ones who were "concerned" about her (her fans).

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 02:40
Guest wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 02:32
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Same, I can see it going both ways. If any of the companies that are supporting or have in a stake in Twice in the US have Jewish leadership, it's a huge f**n slap in the face tbh, and I wouldn't blame them for not wanting to be affiliated. Just the dumbest mistake of all time
I would agree but there is an apology out there and in it she seems remorseful (even though it could have been much better) and if the money the bring are good, no company is going to drop them just for the ignorance of a member who has already apologized for it. But yeah a really stupid and ignorant mistake.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 02:39
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Not many major brands have worked with Chaeyoung and Western news doesn't mean anything. TMZ? Yahoo? Billboard? No one cares. It's celebrity drama. It's not remotely important in the grand scheme of things. It doesn't effect anything except the non-kpop fans deciding not to listen to them because of her. There's still 8 other members and one isn't going to pull them all down especially when she's not the face of the group or that popular overall (honesty hurts but yeah). Worst that happens is they aren't invited back to an awards show. It's all insignificant. Their success lies in their fanbase and KPop fans and I guarantee the numbers ticketing will do tomorrow will negate her stupidity in the eyes of anyone investing in them.
Check yourself, pal. The way you're downplaying the issue is a little weird. It's not "celebrity drama", it's accidental anti-semitism. It's not "insignificant", it's a huge deal...
"No one cares" I think you'll find a lot of people (rightfully) care. And if YOU don't care, cool, but I'm sure a lot of Jewish onces are extremely upset.

I agree that they'll be fine in terms of ticket sales and charting, but it's a much larger issue unfortunately

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Fans arent boycotting the concert and they haven't made no such Request for chaeyoung to be put on hiatus. Because fans no she just stupid and ignorant not anti-semitic.
So I see no reason why jyp would let her miss the concerts. Jype only does that when idol fucks up in the eyes of knets.
Honestly if she makes a sincere apology on something like bubble. I see this as over done and dusted issue.

All of these doom and gloom scenarios some of you keep bringing up are way out of proportion.
It really feels like some of you are getting this perverse joy out of this incident chaeyoung.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 02:44
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Check yourself, pal. The way you're downplaying the issue is a little weird. It's not "celebrity drama", it's accidental anti-semitism. It's not "insignificant", it's a huge deal...
"No one cares" I think you'll find a lot of people (rightfully) care. And if YOU don't care, cool, but I'm sure a lot of Jewish onces are extremely upset.

I agree that they'll be fine in terms of ticket sales and charting, but it's a much larger issue unfortunately
I'm not your "pal" and you're misconstruing what I said. The topic wasn't "was she wrong" the topic is "will it effect twice that negatively" and I dont' believe it will. It is celebrity drama to most people. If you think the general public is really outraged over this I don't know what to tell you. I said she's an idiot, I said she needs to do more than just apologize, but being realistic - it isn't going to happen. Of course what she did upsets people because it was offensive af but it doesn't change the fact that most people who are not fans of Twice don't really care. This isn't a Kanye situation. Most people see it and say "oh she's an idiot and she apologized" and move on. If you genuinely think the general population really cares about this random Kpop girl being accidentally anti-Semitic then I'm sorry to tell you that's probably not the case. That's a whole other discussion about how fucked up that is as a whole but what I said isn't wrong and you deciding I'm downplaying it over the actual topic is you feeding your own emotions into what I said.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 02:51
Fans arent boycotting the concert and they haven't made no such Request for chaeyoung to be put on hiatus. Because fans no she just stupid and ignorant not anti-semitic.
So I see no reason why jyp would let her miss the concerts. Jype only does that when idol fucks up in the eyes of knets.
Honestly if she makes a sincere apology on something like bubble. I see this as over done and dusted issue.

All of these doom and gloom scenarios some of you keep bringing up are way out of proportion.
It really feels like some of you are getting this perverse joy out of this incident chaeyoung.
No twice fan is getting joy out of this incident....it's extremely disheartening for this to happen right now

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 02:53
Guest wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 02:44
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

I'm not your "pal" and you're misconstruing what I said. The topic wasn't "was she wrong" the topic is "will it effect twice that negatively" and I dont' believe it will. It is celebrity drama to most people. If you think the general public is really outraged over this I don't know what to tell you. I said she's an idiot, I said she needs to do more than just apologize, but being realistic - it isn't going to happen. Of course what she did upsets people because it was offensive af but it doesn't change the fact that most people who are not fans of Twice don't really care. This isn't a Kanye situation. Most people see it and say "oh she's an idiot and she apologized" and move on. If you genuinely think the general population really cares about this random Kpop girl being accidentally anti-Semitic then I'm sorry to tell you that's probably not the case. That's a whole other discussion about how fucked up that is as a whole but what I said isn't wrong and you deciding I'm downplaying it over the actual topic is you feeding your own emotions into what I said.
I agree with what you're saying, but it's not about the general public unfortunately, it's about whether or not the bad press is going to have an affect on money flow for JYPE (messes with stock prices or causes investors to pull out (which in the US is extremely plausible)

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

well i predict cy is not going to miss a concert date nor have any other major punishment. she apologized, will lay low, and everyone will have moved on. i do agree with those who say there's a lot of doom scenarios that are greatly exaggerating, whether unintentionally or intentionally to hate on her more, the severity of the situation and what will happen to her. she's not going to taken out of the concert or the group. it's just not going to happen.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Da My guess is they might put her on hiatus and see if it blows over, and if not, she might be gone for good. It sounds dramatic, but what she did could potentially destroy their brand in the US, and that's where the money is right now. Koreans don't care, so that part doesn't matter. It's the Western market that will be of concern.

I am personally feeling a little side eye about the narratives some people are creating. I think it's completely absurd to seriously pretend she intentionally walked into a Jewish restaurant with that shirt on to do a hate crime. The fact that people are seriously arguing she's a neo naz* is giving very "we want to make this career ending for fun" and not giving "I actually care about this".

To be honest, I completely believe that she was dumb enough not to clock what she did. In fact the fact that she, the whole management team, her sm managers....none of them clocked it, tells you everything you need to know about Korea and racism. There is no way Chaeyoung intentionally posted that photo full well knowing the implication because no sensible person does that to their own bag even if they are a Naz*. So it really does seem like she didn't realise which is absolutely crazy, especially when you think that maybe the entire team didn't realise.

Honestly I am really angry at her for numerous reasons over this, but my god what a way to completely fuck over the careers of the entire group after this much hard work. Sana got cancelled off of the face of the earth for something completely innocent if dumb, Chaeyoung has done something a million times worse. At this point I am seriously wondering if their reputation is salvagable. With kpop and pop generally it goes one of two ways: people forget in a week and non fans bring it up in fan wars (BTS have done this kind of thing literally 10 times), OR it's too damaging and the person gets cut.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 02:54
Guest wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 02:51

No twice fan is getting joy out of this incident....it's extremely disheartening for this to happen right now
Are you sure?
Because the way some of them are criticizing her
style and the way she lives her life. Hints at a lot of resentment.
I'm not trying to wash away what happened but at the end of the day I still believe that chaeyoung is a GOOD person.
Beside the shirt there have been no indication that she in anyway embraces any of the ideals represent in this shirt.
Anyone who drops or decides not to stan twice because of this was pretty casual fan of twice anyway. Which is fine by me maybe now actual real onces stans who know twice bsides 2015-2018 can get some tickets.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 03:07
well i predict cy is not going to miss a concert date nor have any other major punishment. she apologized, will lay low, and everyone will have moved on. i do agree with those who say there's a lot of doom scenarios that are greatly exaggerating, whether unintentionally or intentionally to hate on her more, the severity of the situation and what will happen to her. she's not going to taken out of the concert or the group. it's just not going to happen.
I agree but only because the Twice members are literally the golden children of JYPE... they're beloved like no other. Some staff member is definitely getting axed and will be completely taking the fall for this

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

We all agree that it was a wrong action that needed to be called out. But Kanye :rofl:

Most ordinary Koreans cannot even tell apart who among white people are Jewish. Although I don't know any Korean who doesn't know about 'Holocaust, Nazi = bad' that knowledge more came from cultural side (such popular films, literature like Anne Frank). World history is correctly taught but it isn't an important subject. Just like Korean history, much focus is on periods other than the modern/contemporary. More focus on things like French Revolution in case of world history. But I don't know what the hell those born in 1999 learn at school. Not to mention that performing arts school in Korea is known to be filled with dummies who don't learn as much or even study as normal school students.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 02:26

Da I’m sorry this might make me sound ignorant my damn self but when they do stuff like this it makes me not care that she wore that shirt and it makes me feel bad (for the Jewish fans and family that was hurt but nzis) but at the same time what makes you think you’re any better than her when you’re posting shit like this especially when she is nowhere like kw.
Its not just that, the nazis believed in a pure superior aryan race, this not only affected jews, but disabled people, people of color, homosexuals, gypsies, their political enemies, mestizos, and many others. It's terrible.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 03:08
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Da My guess is they might put her on hiatus and see if it blows over, and if not, she might be gone for good. It sounds dramatic, but what she did could potentially destroy their brand in the US, and that's where the money is right now. Koreans don't care, so that part doesn't matter. It's the Western market that will be of concern.

I am personally feeling a little side eye about the narratives some people are creating. I think it's completely absurd to seriously pretend she intentionally walked into a Jewish restaurant with that shirt on to do a hate crime. The fact that people are seriously arguing she's a neo naz* is giving very "we want to make this career ending for fun" and not giving "I actually care about this".

To be honest, I completely believe that she was dumb enough not to clock what she did. In fact the fact that she, the whole management team, her sm managers....none of them clocked it, tells you everything you need to know about Korea and racism. There is no way Chaeyoung intentionally posted that photo full well knowing the implication because no sensible person does that to their own bag even if they are a Naz*. So it really does seem like she didn't realise which is absolutely crazy, especially when you think that maybe the entire team didn't realise.

Honestly I am really angry at her for numerous reasons over this, but my god what a way to completely fuck over the careers of the entire group after this much hard work. Sana got cancelled off of the face of the earth for something completely innocent if dumb, Chaeyoung has done something a million times worse. At this point I am seriously wondering if their reputation is salvagable. With kpop and pop generally it goes one of two ways: people forget in a week and non fans bring it up in fan wars (BTS have done this kind of thing literally 10 times), OR it's too damaging and the person gets cut.
Is the cancellation you speak of in the room with us today? How is the entire world cancelling Chae for antisemitism equal to a few thousand Koreans camping under Twicetagram to twist her words? Then the said koreans defending her later on after they found out the article was taken out of proportion, more people were trying to rectify that situation meanwhile there is no defending this.