Re: Twice

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
08 Jun 2023, 23:42
Guest wrote:
08 Jun 2023, 23:30
Guest wrote:
08 Jun 2023, 23:27
Has the incident of the shirt made you look at 8 differently?
not really, no
x2 I'm not proud of what she did but I believe it was an honest (but very stupid) mistake. That's all 008
The same troll talk about the same things every time.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

They look tired

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
08 Jun 2023, 23:57
They look tired
so sorry they weren't doing cartwheels after an 11-hour flight :'(

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

JeongMo :heart:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

gay face :$

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 Jun 2023, 00:01
Guest wrote:
They look tired
she looks attractive tho :wub:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Thread rules:

1. Stay on topic
2. Keep it gay. No het talk. No het speculation. No het anything
3. No shit-stirring or inflammatory topics. Including but not limited to: trolling, stan-baiting, race-baiting, ship wars etc.
4. Absolutely no bashing of the members (or other groups)
5. No discussion of other groups unless it relates to TWICE
6. Keep all social media drama out of this thread
7. Don't pretend to be multiple people
8. Do not reply to or quote any trolls or posts that break the rules. Just report!
:dnft:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

anyways.. i'm happy the girls have arrived in la :wub:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
They look tired
ofc they look tired. They're about to to have 5 comebacks in a year. All with different songs. Different choreos. Different countries. This won't be the most tired they'll look this year. I promise you that. Some of you are obtuse on purpose.

EEFEFDF\D
Reactions:

Post by EEFEFDF\D »

So.. Chaeyoung is pretty much the gay member huh (bi)

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

EEFEFDF\D wrote:
09 Jun 2023, 00:40
So.. Chaeyoung is pretty much the gay member huh (bi)
if you mean members that have some kind of photo evidence then yes.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

some of you are overreacting to a simple comment. you're acting like "they look tired" is saying a whole lot more than just that. i'm not op, though you'll probably accuse me of being op, but i took it as just a comment on how they look and not a whole dissertation on why they're tired or putting words into op's mouth as if op is saying they shouldn't look tired.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

as i said...

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Dahyun :rofl:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
08 Jun 2023, 22:20
Guest wrote:
08 Jun 2023, 22:11
Guest wrote:
08 Jun 2023, 21:50
Tbh i never really got the hype around sana's nose lol
for me personally I'm a fan of nose bumps so i do think Sana and Momo's noses are pretty when i see them in side profile
Be more like Momo, appreciates a good nose when she sees it

The crazy thing is Sana's nose isn't even big...wanna see a big nose? Look up lady gaga pictures

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 Jun 2023, 00:58
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
for me personally I'm a fan of nose bumps so i do think Sana and Momo's noses are pretty when i see them in side profile

The crazy thing is Sana's nose isn't even big...wanna see a big nose? Look up lady gaga pictures

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

i know this sounds weird but her nose is one of my favorite things about her. it's perfect :$ sana's gorgeous

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Alright

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

still talking about stan twitter drama :yawn:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 Jun 2023, 01:59
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

i know this sounds weird but her nose is one of my favorite things about her. it's perfect :$ sana's gorgeous
Sana's nose is not big but very masculine which is very unusual to see this type of nose in female idols. Personally I have always found that the faces of the Twice girls are very androgynous, generally people with androgynous faces tend to be the most attractive in the world and they also give that feeling of a gay face.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Tbh if it makes you look at Chaeyoung differently (the fact that you’re using 8…can the Twitter people who found this place and lowered the quality please fucking leave) then it should make you look at all nine differently because she wore the shirt for like two days and at dinner with them and none of them noticed, nor did their managers. The fans who make it solely about Chaeyoung and how dumb she must be are rather conveniently forgetting that.

I fully believe she really did mistake it for the more used version in Korea and didn’t think twice about it and that’s what most reasonable people accept.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
08 Jun 2023, 21:23
Guest wrote:
08 Jun 2023, 21:11
Guest wrote:
08 Jun 2023, 20:53
Guest wrote:
08 Jun 2023, 20:28
Guest wrote:
08 Jun 2023, 10:01
Why is nayeon so attractive? I can't explain it. I realize she is not the most conventionally pretty but I was watching a video of hers from the airport and I was losing my mind. She isn't even my bias!
wdym she is not the most conventionally pretty isn't she one of the most popular in the whole group and fits into their beauty standards the most besides tzuyu?
Im sure anon wasn’t just referring to Korea, she fits their standards yea but show anyone under the sun pictures of her and Misana side by side and most people would probably chose them, objectively and just based on face symmetry. Shes also popular in Korea only, but go off. Im just stating facts.
Da I think only Mitzu are traditionally considered flawless, Sana has some less conventional features that I would say are pretty strong and make her unique like the nose and overbite, imo they make her attractive in a different way than Mina and Tzuyu's elegant and "perfect" beauty. Nayeon is the same, there is something so unique about her appearance in the best way possible.
DA

Trying to be objective about this but its hard, comparing Tzuyu who possesses most of the traditional beauty standards is hard to compare to anyone else. She stands out anywhere, with Mina and Sana it becomes gray, i can read a few languages and for example Sanas facial features appeals alot more to the Middle East than Minas, ive seen Arabs, Turks, and that side in general prefer her over anyone else. Then you move to the SEA side and they think Minas prettier because of her softer features. Overall, most non onces see those three as thee visuals throughout Twices career. Theres so many street interviews of random people asked and they picked those three two off face alone. The teeth thing is weird because Mina has the gummy smile that isn’t really favourable for many, and then Sanas overbite. All in all im just referring to off the bat first impression looks, the rest of the girls are gorgeous too, but Nayeon rarely comes up in the visual conversation even as much as some of her other group mates nowadays like Jihyo and Momo.
You’re forgetting that Momo has traditionally always been considered the most attractive member in Japan, and she’s the most followed on Instagram or was, partially because she’s so popular with non once for her visuals. People think she’s very hot.

Tzuyu is the only member who could be an actual model if she wasn’t an idol. She’s also one of the only idols who could be, period, because she’s the only one tall + pretty enough at the same time. When you see them in person you realize that Tzuyu is by far the most conventionally attractive and there’s no real competition there. It’s a combination of her having an exceptionally pretty face, being noticeably tall, and really well proportioned. I think a lot of people who are fans lower Tzuyu’s pretty level mentally because her personality doesn’t appeal, and raise the pretty level of other members who are more charismatic to them. Having seen them up close across many tours, Tzuyu is the most conventionally attractive by a land slide and the rest are all pretty women in a more normal way. The only other stand out things to me was Momo’s body is noticeably impressive in person, Jihyo has a prettier face than anyone gives her credit for, Sana is less of a bombshell and more cute, Dahyun is prettier than people say.

The other anon is right in that Sana has many unconventional features, I don’t know why anyone would deny that or think it’s a bad thing. From her chin to her nose to her swag back, pigeon legs and overbite…that’s a good amount of less conventional aspects. And that’s fine. Momo has an overbite too, Mina has a lot of gum. Her differences are what make her her, and getting defensive over women with unconventional features is weird and regressive.

Tzuyu has objectively been hard done by by jype. People don’t understand how popular she was as a visual towards the start of the group, and jype did absolutely nothing with it. She could have been the face of huge brands, been everywhere, and they didn’t let her do anything. They completely fucked her over to the point that she went from being one of the most popular visuals of all time, to being one of the less known members of her own group. And part of that is pure racism. They found her being Taiwanese too difficult to navigate and just didn’t gaf. I can fully understand why her mother would feel frustrated and why Tzuyu might have at times, because the mismanagement of her career is obvious and it’s unfair. In any other company her popularity would have been seized upon and she would have been pushed harder, like Wonyoung or Jennie, but she was pushed to the side to promote Korean members and never allowed any external opportunities. Which now means she’s in the worst spot of all 9 in terms of solo ventures, because her popularity has dropped, younger visuals have come in, and she’s still Taiwanese.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
It actually solidify my thinking that she tries too hard to be a hippie (sort of) to draw in the western crowd. She tries to be different, to stand out, buying lots of vintage stuff and not finding out what some of the things even stand for.

I wouldn't call her dumb to an extent, but lazy ignorance. Also the company has let her get away with a lot of things maybe because they think they need her to draw the western fans.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 Jun 2023, 04:29
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
08 Jun 2023, 20:28

wdym she is not the most conventionally pretty isn't she one of the most popular in the whole group and fits into their beauty standards the most besides tzuyu?
Im sure anon wasn’t just referring to Korea, she fits their standards yea but show anyone under the sun pictures of her and Misana side by side and most people would probably chose them, objectively and just based on face symmetry. Shes also popular in Korea only, but go off. Im just stating facts.
Da I think only Mitzu are traditionally considered flawless, Sana has some less conventional features that I would say are pretty strong and make her unique like the nose and overbite, imo they make her attractive in a different way than Mina and Tzuyu's elegant and "perfect" beauty. Nayeon is the same, there is something so unique about her appearance in the best way possible.
DA

Trying to be objective about this but its hard, comparing Tzuyu who possesses most of the traditional beauty standards is hard to compare to anyone else. She stands out anywhere, with Mina and Sana it becomes gray, i can read a few languages and for example Sanas facial features appeals alot more to the Middle East than Minas, ive seen Arabs, Turks, and that side in general prefer her over anyone else. Then you move to the SEA side and they think Minas prettier because of her softer features. Overall, most non onces see those three as thee visuals throughout Twices career. Theres so many street interviews of random people asked and they picked those three two off face alone. The teeth thing is weird because Mina has the gummy smile that isn’t really favourable for many, and then Sanas overbite. All in all im just referring to off the bat first impression looks, the rest of the girls are gorgeous too, but Nayeon rarely comes up in the visual conversation even as much as some of her other group mates nowadays like Jihyo and Momo.
You’re forgetting that Momo has traditionally always been considered the most attractive member in Japan, and she’s the most followed on Instagram or was, partially because she’s so popular with non once for her visuals. People think she’s very hot.

Tzuyu is the only member who could be an actual model if she wasn’t an idol. She’s also one of the only idols who could be, period, because she’s the only one tall + pretty enough at the same time. When you see them in person you realize that Tzuyu is by far the most conventionally attractive and there’s no real competition there. It’s a combination of her having an exceptionally pretty face, being noticeably tall, and really well proportioned. I think a lot of people who are fans lower Tzuyu’s pretty level mentally because her personality doesn’t appeal, and raise the pretty level of other members who are more charismatic to them. Having seen them up close across many tours, Tzuyu is the most conventionally attractive by a land slide and the rest are all pretty women in a more normal way. The only other stand out things to me was Momo’s body is noticeably impressive in person, Jihyo has a prettier face than anyone gives her credit for, Sana is less of a bombshell and more cute, Dahyun is prettier than people say.

The other anon is right in that Sana has many unconventional features, I don’t know why anyone would deny that or think it’s a bad thing. From her chin to her nose to her swag back, pigeon legs and overbite…that’s a good amount of less conventional aspects. And that’s fine. Momo has an overbite too, Mina has a lot of gum. Her differences are what make her her, and getting defensive over women with unconventional features is weird and regressive.

Tzuyu has objectively been hard done by by jype. People don’t understand how popular she was as a visual towards the start of the group, and jype did absolutely nothing with it. She could have been the face of huge brands, been everywhere, and they didn’t let her do anything. They completely fucked her over to the point that she went from being one of the most popular visuals of all time, to being one of the less known members of her own group. And part of that is pure racism. They found her being Taiwanese too difficult to navigate and just didn’t gaf. I can fully understand why her mother would feel frustrated and why Tzuyu might have at times, because the mismanagement of her career is obvious and it’s unfair. In any other company her popularity would have been seized upon and she would have been pushed harder, like Wonyoung or Jennie, but she was pushed to the side to promote Korean members and never allowed any external opportunities. Which now means she’s in the worst spot of all 9 in terms of solo ventures, because her popularity has dropped, younger visuals have come in, and she’s still Taiwanese.
Good looks aren't enough to build a career, be it in music or fashion. And yeah Tzuyu could not have been a model, not if you mean high fashion model, she does not have the body for it

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 Jun 2023, 05:02
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

DA

Good looks aren't enough to build a career, be it in music or fashion. And yeah Tzuyu could not have been a model, not if you mean high fashion model, she does not have the body for it
This is such a deeply unintelligent thing to say given that numerous idols have no actual talent other than being good looking. We don’t need to list them here to avoid drama, but your point is demonstrably wrong. What high fashion model is notorious for her personality? A very large majority of actual models do not have known public personas, that’s not how modelling works.

And yes, she could have. Her body is actually exactly what the industry looks for.

I’m going to note here the obvious favouritism of this thread that people have picked up on. If someone said ^ about Sana, it would be reported and deleted and brigaded. I sincerely ask some of you if you’re actually fans of the group, or only one to three people in it. Because your lack of care about the careers or mistreatments of half of the members is telling in and of itself, and you put them down immediately because for some reason you feel comfortable doing so and seem threatened by even an acknowledgment that some of them are superior to your bias in one way or another.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Image look like chae bro going to la for their stadium tour

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 Jun 2023, 05:07
Guest wrote:
09 Jun 2023, 05:02
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

DA

This is such a deeply unintelligent thing to say given that numerous idols have no actual talent other than being good looking. We don’t need to list them here to avoid drama, but your point is demonstrably wrong. What high fashion model is notorious for her personality? A very large majority of actual models do not have known public personas, that’s not how modelling works.

And yes, she could have. Her body is actually exactly what the industry looks for.

I’m going to note here the obvious favouritism of this thread that people have picked up on. If someone said ^ about Sana, it would be reported and deleted and brigaded. I sincerely ask some of you if you’re actually fans of the group, or only one to three people in it. Because your lack of care about the careers or mistreatments of half of the members is telling in and of itself, and you put them down immediately because for some reason you feel comfortable doing so and seem threatened by even an acknowledgment that some of them are superior to your bias in one way or another.

DA I just think its interesting you were able to nitpick minor details of all the other members yet don’t understand how Tzuyu could have never been a high fashion model :rofl: She’s always had thicker legs (which I do NOT have an issue with if anything I think they make her look more attractive especially in Kpop where so many of the girls are stick thin) and shorter calves that I have seen her been dragged for. She’s a very pretty girl for portrait shots but when it comes to full body shots JY has been the better “model”.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

One thing that is underrated and not mentioned often is how much of a team player the foreign members of twice are. They have been carrying sales for so many years and never demand more from the company. Many foreign members of other kpop groups would have dipped under those circumstances. Misamotzu stayed because they seem like they genuinely enjoy performing as a group and get along well with each other.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 Jun 2023, 05:20
One thing that is underrated and not mentioned often is how much of a team player the foreign members of twice are. They have been carrying sales for so many years and never demand more from the company. Many foreign members of other kpop groups would have dipped under those circumstances. Misamotzu stayed because they seem like they genuinely enjoy performing as a group and get along well with each other.
Nobody underrated them and most the Korean members didn’t get fair treatment.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 Jun 2023, 02:15
Alright

:lol: I hope there were more michaeng moments in the U.S too

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
I totally agree, im as happy for Misamo as i am for Hyolo but I decided not to reply to that triggering “Misamo fans need to stop acting like thats a main release, its a Japanese release” bitch what?!? Defending RR for what, they’ve been shitty to Twice ever since they signed with them, Misamo fans were just calling them out, anyone would, but for some reason solo stans took that as a personal attack to Jihyo. “Jihyo was Twices main vocalist and carried them for so long so she should be the main event” under the same breath as calling Misamo fans selfish..absolutely insane. Sales aside, i hate how international fans are being shamed for wanting to see Misamo and complaining to the company mind you like Sana said to do, “bUt iTTs a jApAenese reLease” we know, we just want access to them.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

And it begin :spy:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 Jun 2023, 06:05
And it begin :spy:
What begins

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I’m so excited for the US tour :dance2:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 Jun 2023, 06:42
I’m so excited for the US tour :dance2:
looking forward to costume changes and maybe setlist alteration. Hope they get to express themselves more too!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 Jun 2023, 06:50
Guest wrote:
09 Jun 2023, 06:03
Guest wrote:
09 Jun 2023, 05:54
Guest wrote:
09 Jun 2023, 05:31
Guest wrote:
09 Jun 2023, 05:12

Um, yes you can lol. She was never given the opportunity to do anything external to the group, so naturally she was going to fall in popularity. That’s just how it is. Jeongyeon and Sana got to be MC’s, Nayeon was pushed as the centre. Tzuyu should have been booked as a model from year one and the fact that they didn’t bother is entirely on jype. They mishandled her career and if she has a shorter contract, that will be why. They severely undermined her future earning capacity out of a desire to make sure her popularity as a visual didn’t eclipse the group AND out of their racism, and that’s objectively unfair. Same thing with Dahyun too; she had immense early popularity but jype never pushed her to become a variety personality earlier on or to have her own little show, and so now she has to play catch up whilst having a diminished popularity. At least for Dahyun, being a variety host doesn’t have the same age parameters as being a model and she can still try. Tzuyu missed the boat.
You can make the “was never allowed to reach full potential” argument about every single girl in Twice, i agree that Tzuyu was nerfed so early on, but each one of the Twice girls had high highs that were not taken advantage of to push their careers outside Twice, im gonna pretend you just didn’t suggest Sana was allowed to do activities post Cheer up popularity by “Mcing with Jeongyeon” :rofl: It was so clear from the get go, or at least after Tzuyus unfortunate flag incident, Jype the company never really let any of the girls explore past any kind of individual popularity they had, not until Nolo, which is why shes far more popular than any of them in Korea..for now. I also dont agree with the whole “that boat has sailed” mentality, for all we know Tzuyu could get another big break in the modelling world if she signs with a big luxury brand. I just believe China is stopping that girls bag and Jype has alot to do with it.
That boat has sailed. I don't know what else to tell you. Korea has moved on to younger idols. Misamo aren't even invited to attend fashion events in Japan. It's all just Twice and solo activities from now on. A little subunit action here and there. I won't stop you from dreaming. Everyone should be allowed to do that.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: yea im done talking to you.
The person didn’t put DA, you’re not replying to me and I didn’t write that.

She isn’t exactly wrong either. Mina, Momo and Sana have not been invited to fashion shows in their home country. Mina did get a great deal with SKII but that’s kind of it, Momo has the shoes but that’s not high fashion. Jype destroyed all of their capacities to have successful solo ventures outside of music and that’s just the truth. And it’s a lot worse for members who won’t be getting the solo treatment musically AND don’t have another marker to run to easily like Japan - ie Tzuyu. Nayeon is the only one really close to getting major fashions deals (Prada decided against Sana this year for whatever reason) and it’s because she’s the only member that has that level of brand recognition from Twice, she’s the centre.

Another part of it is that jype is obsessed with branding their groups as relatable rather than aspirational, so they are probably refusing some of the major fashion contracts that aren’t simple sponsorships. They are ok with their members wearing Prada or LV, but notice no one in jype is a major ambassador for a fashion house of that level. That’s intentional. And I don’t even personally care about that but it’s just absurd that there are people on the same page here complaining about misamo’s treatment and yet refuse to concede Tzuyu’s, you’re clearly playing favourites. At least Misamo gets a sub unit.

The idea that the j-line have been mistreated is half true. They should have been promoted far more in Japan years ago, but it’s not actually harmed them significantly. Twice are still major in Japan, so them being held back for years hasn’t harmed them. That’s different to the K-members plus Tzuyu, who were also held back but now have less popularity in their only major markets. Korea has moved on from Twice so the members who are Korean bar Nayeon have found themselves in a difficult position. Meanwhile, Tzuyu can’t appease China but she’s not allowed to be an it girl in Japan or Korea either. So sure, all of the members were held back, but some have been impacted far more than others. It’s also just a plain fact that the j line are in the top five most popular members in every demographic because of lookism. Sana hasn’t had a personality for nearly 3 years at this point and if she looked like Jeongyeon or Dahyun or Chaeyoung, that would be a problem. She’s being carried now by the memory of Sana past and her visuals. A member like Dahyun or Jihyo meanwhile has kept the same energy all the way to year 8 and does fanservice but they simply will never be given the same support as Misamo because fans are shallow.
misamo has recognition is in Japan. Just not in the hip kpop way. Brand deals, fashion appearances etc. Who knows maybe they like it that way.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 Jun 2023, 05:40
Guest wrote:
I totally agree, im as happy for Misamo as i am for Hyolo but I decided not to reply to that triggering “Misamo fans need to stop acting like thats a main release, its a Japanese release” bitch what?!? Defending RR for what, they’ve been shitty to Twice ever since they signed with them, Misamo fans were just calling them out, anyone would, but for some reason solo stans took that as a personal attack to Jihyo. “Jihyo was Twices main vocalist and carried them for so long so she should be the main event” under the same breath as calling Misamo fans selfish..absolutely insane. Sales aside, i hate how international fans are being shamed for wanting to see Misamo and complaining to the company mind you like Sana said to do, “bUt iTTs a jApAenese reLease” we know, we just want access to them.
They aren’t going to give you access because it’s not profitable to them. Simple as that. Because Kpop blew up in the last two years, fans have forgotten that it’s a small industry designed to service Asia. If you’re an international Kpop fan you go into the hobby knowing that you’re not going to be fully catered to. And sometimes it sucks but it’s not going to change and hearing people constantly complain about j releases being j releases when the Kpop industry has always moved like this with j releases is just annoying.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 Jun 2023, 06:50
Guest wrote:
09 Jun 2023, 06:03
Guest wrote:
09 Jun 2023, 05:54
Guest wrote:
09 Jun 2023, 05:31
Guest wrote:
09 Jun 2023, 05:12

Um, yes you can lol. She was never given the opportunity to do anything external to the group, so naturally she was going to fall in popularity. That’s just how it is. Jeongyeon and Sana got to be MC’s, Nayeon was pushed as the centre. Tzuyu should have been booked as a model from year one and the fact that they didn’t bother is entirely on jype. They mishandled her career and if she has a shorter contract, that will be why. They severely undermined her future earning capacity out of a desire to make sure her popularity as a visual didn’t eclipse the group AND out of their racism, and that’s objectively unfair. Same thing with Dahyun too; she had immense early popularity but jype never pushed her to become a variety personality earlier on or to have her own little show, and so now she has to play catch up whilst having a diminished popularity. At least for Dahyun, being a variety host doesn’t have the same age parameters as being a model and she can still try. Tzuyu missed the boat.
You can make the “was never allowed to reach full potential” argument about every single girl in Twice, i agree that Tzuyu was nerfed so early on, but each one of the Twice girls had high highs that were not taken advantage of to push their careers outside Twice, im gonna pretend you just didn’t suggest Sana was allowed to do activities post Cheer up popularity by “Mcing with Jeongyeon” :rofl: It was so clear from the get go, or at least after Tzuyus unfortunate flag incident, Jype the company never really let any of the girls explore past any kind of individual popularity they had, not until Nolo, which is why shes far more popular than any of them in Korea..for now. I also dont agree with the whole “that boat has sailed” mentality, for all we know Tzuyu could get another big break in the modelling world if she signs with a big luxury brand. I just believe China is stopping that girls bag and Jype has alot to do with it.
That boat has sailed. I don't know what else to tell you. Korea has moved on to younger idols. Misamo aren't even invited to attend fashion events in Japan. It's all just Twice and solo activities from now on. A little subunit action here and there. I won't stop you from dreaming. Everyone should be allowed to do that.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: yea im done talking to you.
The person didn’t put DA, you’re not replying to me and I didn’t write that.

She isn’t exactly wrong either. Mina, Momo and Sana have not been invited to fashion shows in their home country. Mina did get a great deal with SKII but that’s kind of it, Momo has the shoes but that’s not high fashion. Jype destroyed all of their capacities to have successful solo ventures outside of music and that’s just the truth. And it’s a lot worse for members who won’t be getting the solo treatment musically AND don’t have another marker to run to easily like Japan - ie Tzuyu. Nayeon is the only one really close to getting major fashions deals (Prada decided against Sana this year for whatever reason) and it’s because she’s the only member that has that level of brand recognition from Twice, she’s the centre.

Another part of it is that jype is obsessed with branding their groups as relatable rather than aspirational, so they are probably refusing some of the major fashion contracts that aren’t simple sponsorships. They are ok with their members wearing Prada or LV, but notice no one in jype is a major ambassador for a fashion house of that level. That’s intentional. And I don’t even personally care about that but it’s just absurd that there are people on the same page here complaining about misamo’s treatment and yet refuse to concede Tzuyu’s, you’re clearly playing favourites. At least Misamo gets a sub unit.

The idea that the j-line have been mistreated is half true. They should have been promoted far more in Japan years ago, but it’s not actually harmed them significantly. Twice are still major in Japan, so them being held back for years hasn’t harmed them. That’s different to the K-members plus Tzuyu, who were also held back but now have less popularity in their only major markets. Korea has moved on from Twice so the members who are Korean bar Nayeon have found themselves in a difficult position. Meanwhile, Tzuyu can’t appease China but she’s not allowed to be an it girl in Japan or Korea either. So sure, all of the members were held back, but some have been impacted far more than others. It’s also just a plain fact that the j line are in the top five most popular members in every demographic because of lookism. Sana hasn’t had a personality for nearly 3 years at this point and if she looked like Jeongyeon or Dahyun or Chaeyoung, that would be a problem. She’s being carried now by the memory of Sana past and her visuals. A member like Dahyun or Jihyo meanwhile has kept the same energy all the way to year 8 and does fanservice but they simply will never be given the same support as Misamo because fans are shallow.
How do you know that? That Japanese actress that does the same exact deal as Sana with Prada went to a fashion show in Japan but Sana couldn’t because she had a stadium concert the next day. Twice are super busy all year round, just because you dont see three very popular Japanese artists in Japanese shows doesn’t mean they’re not invited, it could just mean they’re busy around that time. Other kpop Japanese idols far less popular than Misamo go to these fashion shows every other month, only difference is they dont have a job to do most of the time. Next.

“Jype destroyed all their capacities to have a solo venture outside music”, you say that and in the same paragraph bring up Nayeon who ONLY started getting brand deals left and right AFTER having a successful solo, not because she was “so recognizable as the center of Twice”, they are intertwined, she did well ALONE and sold well therefore brands were more interested, hope that helps. The same will happen with Jihyo if she does well. So you’re right, members like Dahyun and Jeongyeon will never get those lucrative brand deals if they never get the opportunity to shine alone, music or otherwise. Next.

It’s absolutely true that companies pay luxury brands to make their artists brand ambassadors for the overall clout, New Jeans became Jennie level brand ambassadors a few months into their careers not because those girls had individual recognition, hybe cares about those things and it kinda defeats the purpose if you can buy your way into billboards. No one believes an idol as recognizable as Jennie that started from doing little ads for these brands and a newly debut 15yr old can bag the same deals, its all a farce.

Tzuyu not getting a solo or a subunit (for now) doesn’t mean Misamo fans should thank jype for giving them the bare minimum, we can still have demands and want the best for them, it doesn’t take away from Tzuyus mistreatment, if one day she too gets the opportunity to shine, we’ll want the best for her, Next.

Would it have been “bar Nayeon” if she never got that solo, something to think about. For all we know a member like Dahyun could go solo and break records, look at Sunmi for a great example.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 Jun 2023, 06:57
Guest wrote:
09 Jun 2023, 05:40
Guest wrote:
They aren’t going to give you access because it’s not profitable to them. Simple as that. Because Kpop blew up in the last two years, fans have forgotten that it’s a small industry designed to service Asia. If you’re an international Kpop fan you go into the hobby knowing that you’re not going to be fully catered to. And sometimes it sucks but it’s not going to change and hearing people constantly complain about j releases being j releases when the Kpop industry has always moved like this with j releases is just annoying.
Hare Hare was posted on Twices official Korean Twt account the other day, that was the first time a Japanese comeback was promoted there. Back in 2021, Nayeon suggested to warner Japan to tease their Mvs to build hype, they started implementing that. Momo said back in 2020 she suggested fans wanted to see their Japanese TTs dance choreography, so they started uploading it after that suggestion. Fans asked Sana couple months ago if Misamo are gonna get promo in Korea, she said “thr company has to decide that”, so no babe, nothing is set in stone, Japan doesn’t operate the same way kpop does and the girls were always there to cater to their fans and change things for us, complaining absolutely works and the girls can 100% cater to us if they voice that we want it, you dont know what you’re talking about.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

My Jeongmisamo :bigcry:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 Jun 2023, 07:48
My Jeongmisamo :bigcry:

Mimos safe place is Sana ima go cry

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

:fool:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Do they realize they are fighting a troll?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

im starting to sense a lot of you dont even like twice. why are you ruining the thread :argh:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

So no TTT... :sadangel:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Tzuyu doesn't get ads because most of China hates her. She's a symbol of Taiwanese independence (even though she didn't choose to be) and no major brand would be willing to piss off China.

I say this as someone who loves Tzuyu and believes she deserves to get more work. But the whole flag incident really affected her prospects, even today. JYPE can't do anything about it. I'm sure they would love to make money off her if they could

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 Jun 2023, 12:25
Tzuyu doesn't get ads because most of China hates her. She's a symbol of Taiwanese independence (even though she didn't choose to be) and no major brand would be willing to piss off China.

I say this as someone who loves Tzuyu and believes she deserves to get more work. But the whole flag incident really affected her prospects, even today. JYPE can't do anything about it. I'm sure they would love to make money off her if they could
Tbh that’s not really true. Her China bar has been growing for years and a lot of people truly don’t give a shit. I don’t think she’d work in China regardless because it would require her to be pro China publicly, all idols who work there end up doing it.

But if JYP had allowed her to work solo earlier, she could definitely have gotten modelling work in Korea for large fashion houses. There are foreigners who do do that. She really is in the most unfortunate position of all of them.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
08 Jun 2023, 23:34
Guest wrote:
it made me realize she's really dumb. Like we knew she was some levels of dumb and careless. Look at how she handled dating while twice was at their peak. This on the other hand just solidified it.
I think everyone was ignorant but it wasn't malicious. She wore that around managers, staff, members and no one said anything so it makes me think that she/everyone just didn't think anything of it considering it's on a shirt of a shirt. Still blows my mind tho she wore one of the most recognized hate symbols and didn't even know and no one thought to put her aside and say hey were in the US and idk if you've noticed but you're wearing a hate symbol. Personally hate that some stans were babying her and posting things like "I hate what you did to her" because she didn't post for a week when in Germany she would probably get fined or worse.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 Jun 2023, 12:21
So no TTT... :sadangel:
Ttt only comes out when they are off schedule.