(G)-idle

Reactions:

Re: (G)-idle

Post by Guest »

Shuhua always gave me sus vibes, and I will stand by it - she's at least bi. At the end of the day, if you go to my hometown and ask my sister, she'd also say that I'm straight and never expressed any interest in girls. But here I am, 24 carat lesbian :whistle:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

This situation with Minnie manager is a little weird, twitter is going crazy over it some say she is dating him other say he is a creepy guy, but what i have to say is, if she was dating him cube would taking him out of the scene but he still by her side like literally

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 Apr 2024, 20:43
This situation with Minnie manager is a little weird, twitter is going crazy over it some say she is dating him other say he is a creepy guy, but what i have to say is, if she was dating him cube would taking him out of the scene but he still by her side like literally
They absolutely are not dating. Fans who think that are making their delusional jealousy issues obvious. I don't think he's creepy but there's some physical touch on display that is definitely a shock to fans. He should probably reign that in no matter how comfortable Minnie is with him. Maybe fans are starting to realize the members have a pretty comfortable and casual relationship with their staff. It probably looks unprofessional, but I HIGHLY doubt any of the group would let a staff member being inappropriate to them fly. They're grown women.

The complaints about his treatment towards Minnie are born of sheer fan delusion. If he's being rude and aggressive to fans though, that should be looked into. I think the whole thing is fucking stupid either way.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 Apr 2024, 21:33
Guest wrote:
13 Apr 2024, 20:43
They absolutely are not dating. Fans who think that are making their delusional jealousy issues obvious. I don't think he's creepy but there's some physical touch on display that is definitely a shock to fans. He should probably reign that in no matter how comfortable Minnie is with him. Maybe fans are starting to realize the members have a pretty comfortable and casual relationship with their staff. It probably looks unprofessional, but I HIGHLY doubt any of the group would let a staff member being inappropriate to them fly. They're grown women.

The complaints about his treatment towards Minnie are born of sheer fan delusion. If he's being rude and aggressive to fans though, that should be looked into. I think the whole thing is fucking stupid either way.
I also don't think he's creepy but just very comfortable with her and she is with him, but he have some atittudes when Minnie is interacting with the fans that make lots of fans angry, because at the end of the day she is an idol. It's just a little unprofessional of him i would say.
It's basically over for him now, because all the fans will overanalyse every situation and hate him even more, he is very lucky gidle don't have the hardcore crazy fans like in some bg.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

The new Yuqi solo really had me thinking she released a lesbian thirst song until the last minute... :lol: Damn!!

I don't care, it still sounds gay every time I hear it even if it's "supposed to" be about herself.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
23 Apr 2024, 17:46
The new Yuqi solo really had me thinking she released a lesbian thirst song until the last minute... :lol: Damn!!

I don't care, it still sounds gay every time I hear it even if it's "supposed to" be about herself.
it's about herself???

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
23 Apr 2024, 18:07
Guest wrote:
23 Apr 2024, 17:46

it's about herself???
Haha yeah I’m pretty sure that’s the intention.. the last chorus switches “she” to “I” to reveal that she’s the freak she’s been singing about. Yuqi is also a libra and that’s mentioned early in the song.

There’s something very funny regardless because she released a song where 90% of it sounds like it’s about a woman until she pulls a “sike” at the end.

Like even with that final twist the song still sounds extremely gay LOL. What a bizarre choice.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

It's such a strange choice that it almost has me wondering if it was an enforced change for plausible deniability or something because the lyrics do not feel fitting for a self-love kind of song at all, but at the same time, Oh my god was pretty blatantly gay and Cube was fine with that, so idk

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
23 Apr 2024, 20:24
It's such a strange choice that it almost has me wondering if it was an enforced change for plausible deniability or something because the lyrics do not feel fitting for a self-love kind of song at all, but at the same time, Oh my god was pretty blatantly gay and Cube was fine with that, so idk
I mean maybe? Yeah, Cube didn't have an issue with Oh My God as long as Soyeon was vague about the actual meaning. I think this is a little different though because Yuqi didn't write the song herself.

The more I think about this song the weirder it is lol. The idea that Yuqi was shopping around for songs for her album and picked one up with lyrics that could be heavily interpreted as gay is funny. I'm dying to know how much was changed from the original demo. There are a few lyrics and words here and there that were obviously swapped out, but the implication if they changed the song to pull a no-homo at the end is so funny to me. That would mean they knew, but liked the song enough to go with it still sounding mostly gay as long as they could do a gotcha.

The other possibility is equally kind of funny: that the song was actually not really written to sound sapphic from the get-go and the attempt at the "singing about herself" idea just ended up sounding gay and no one at Cube or even Yuqi clocked it. Just those delusional gays at it again reading too much into things. :eyeroll:

Maybe Yuqi is just an open-minded gal and thought the premise of the song was cute, and was more focused on the idea of it being about her being a "freak" rather than most of the song sounding like she has a female love interest. I don't really think she was going for an attempt at shady queerbaiting because she's never been one to do that, and it would be bizarre for her to make that pivot now (and too little too late lol). I lean more towards this being her either being open-minded and not caring how it comes across or genuinely not thinking too much about a gay interpretation, rather than it being a *wink wink* about her sexuality or trying to bait people into thinking she isn't straight.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

If it's about self love it's some pretty damn extreme self love lmao.

"The way she's movin' got me crazy, got me weak" :nervous:

"i'm on my knees" "I can't take no more" :nervous:

"Gonna test drive like a Honda Civic" ????

"Baby, I'm dreamin' seeing you"

"She got that thing i'm looking for" - If it's yourself you wouldn't have been looking...

Also when it switches to being about her it still stays as "she"... Should be "The way i'm moving"

Oooook Yuqi, lmao. =_=

She wouldn't be allowed to release that without that SIKE!!! element anyway, let's be real.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
24 Apr 2024, 18:58
If it's about self love it's some pretty damn extreme self love lmao.

"The way she's movin' got me crazy, got me weak" :nervous:

"i'm on my knees" "I can't take no more" :nervous:

"Gonna test drive like a Honda Civic" ????

"Baby, I'm dreamin' seeing you"

"She got that thing i'm looking for" - If it's yourself you wouldn't have been looking...

Also when it switches to being about her it still stays as "she"... Should be "The way i'm moving"

Oooook Yuqi, lmao. =_=

She wouldn't be allowed to release that without that SIKE!!! element anyway, let's be real.
I agree that if the song was originally written to be an "it's about me" twist, lyrically it's clunky in its execution. I get the vision if that's the case but it doesn't lean hard enough into the gotcha at the end and still sounds kinda gay lmao. You're right -she definitely would not have been able to release a song so explicitly about another woman without some sort of plausible deniability so I guess the "sike" is serving that. It was either changed on her end (she thought the song sounded cool enough even though it's gay), or it's just a hilariously awkward attempt at a self-love song.

I don't think she's a nefarious queerbaiter making some calculated move to rope in a sapphic fanbase this late in her career considering how she's done quite the opposite to imply she's into women. We know she definitely isn't homophobic, but it's possible she's a little ignorant about how a song that sounds gay and does a "jk" could be off-putting. I have a hard time believing she's using this song to hint at anything but I also don't think she's trying to be misleading. I genuinely think she was focused on all the other elements of the song and was unbothered about singing lovey-dovey lyrics about a woman (because, you know, in the end it's really herself!! lol!!), or she actually doesn't see it that way (a little hard to believe but possible).

Weird choice of a song and funny if it's "accidentally" sapphic.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Another funny coincidence. This reactor on Youtube pointed out that the hat she's wearing in the MV is the lesbian flag colors (well, almost, just with the addition of black). Realistically, that wasn't intentional, but the coincidence makes the whole thing even funnier and makes me feel more delusional that there's a small chance she really could be hinting something

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 Apr 2024, 04:45
Another funny coincidence. This reactor on Youtube pointed out that the hat she's wearing in the MV is the lesbian flag colors (well, almost, just with the addition of black). Realistically, that wasn't intentional, but the coincidence makes the whole thing even funnier and makes me feel more delusional that there's a small chance she really could be hinting something

LMAO yeah definitely unintentional, but I love that so many sapphics out there are clocking this song. I've seen more than a few hit tweets on this. Even if the song isn't meant to be gay, the idea that it's an "oopsies, actually kind of is" is lowkey funny af. People love to shit on us for reading too much into things, but the fact of the matter is 95% of this song's lyrics are simping for another woman lol. I don't care if this is supposed to be about herself.. because until the very ending.. girl sorry but you sound gay. :eyeroll:

Either Yuqi doesn't realize... which.. well, she probably should have changed those demo lyrics a little more because I don't think the original writers were that clueless. Did her ass accidentally buy a sapphic song for her title track?

If she does realize, that's a little more interesting. That would be out of left field considering how she's come off as evasive with anything gay in the past. Maybe she really just doesn't give a fuck if it sounds gay, even if she's straight.

The whole thing is funny as hell.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Nothing about Yuqi feels sus to me. She really just seems like a super annoying narcissist, like, she is THAT in love with herself. I'll run naked on the rooftops if she ever turns out to be any kind of queer :spy:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I found funny how people found every member at least sus but shuhua are the hardest one to know something
I think maybe is because she don't go alot on tv shows or do interviews like the others, there is only the lives she do and she can control the narrative
I need her in like the radio star kinda show with all the out of hand questions

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 Apr 2024, 15:22
Nothing about Yuqi feels sus to me. She really just seems like a super annoying narcissist, like, she is THAT in love with herself. I'll run naked on the rooftops if she ever turns out to be any kind of queer :spy:
To be a little armchair psychologist: I feel like all her talk about self-love and confidence comes across as very "self-help mantra" like she is overcompensating for insecurities. The kind of person that has to talk themselves up all the time to brute force themselves out of low self-esteem. Maybe she has some massive celebrity-driven ego, but the way she talks sometimes makes me think "who are you trying to convince: us or yourself?"

Anyway I don't think she's ever been sus outside of that relationship with her stylist. She is probably a very secure heterosexual ally but has some blindspots to her ignorance about homosexuality. That could explain why she chose a song that is kind of queerbait-y and she might not even think about it from that perspective. She's aware enough to know it sounds gay but doesn't clock that the twist could be disappointing. She probably just thinks it's cute and fun.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

So the recording behind for "Freak" just came out and it confirmed a couple of my suspicions.

You can hear the original vocal guide for the demo and it's sung by a man. Not surprising since the song was written by some Swedish dudes.

You can also hear where some of the original demo lyrics were changed. The "I'm a certified freak" sung during the post-chorus was changed from the original "She" to "I'm." Some of the lines in the rap and bridge were changed as well. Definitely the "she's really me" line was a later change because that would make no sense if the original demo POV was from a man.

Why was Yuqi shopping for songs like this? From the POV of a man singing about a woman? She's got a lower vocal register, so maybe opening up her options to demo songs sung by men gives her better choices but.. This song in its original form was 100% not about someone singing about themselves. She hears a demo track of a dude singing about how down bad he is for a freaky woman and decides she wants to use that for her album? Then they change a couple lines at the end of the song to make it about her, and her explanation of what the song is about is how she's a "freak" because people see her in a weird and different light and she wants to say "we're all freaks" (which the lyrics really don't convey at all).

It's such a strange choice. Did she love the song that much when she heard the original demo even though it's a song sung by a man about being passionately into some woman? Whether or not she wanted this song to be gay or not, those lyric changes to making it about herself reek of a plausible deniability move. If she was from the get-go looking for songs that express how she feels like some misunderstood outsider or whatever, this song makes zero sense. It makes her personal explanation of the meaning of the song look like an afterthought and also very evasive in addressing the fact 90% of this song sounds romantic. If she really wanted to no-homo herself, why the hell pick a song like this at all? Wouldn't it just be easier NOT to buy a demo sung by a man about a woman and have to worry about making it not sound gay? Like???

All around confusing. A straight woman buying a song sung from a male POV about a woman and being soooo secure and open-minded she doesn't care about the pronouns but knows how it could come across so they have to make those little "it's about me, guys" changes.. or..???

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
01 May 2024, 17:19
So the recording behind for "Freak" just came out and it confirmed a couple of my suspicions.

You can hear the original vocal guide for the demo and it's sung by a man. Not surprising since the song was written by some Swedish dudes.

You can also hear where some of the original demo lyrics were changed. The "I'm a certified freak" sung during the post-chorus was changed from the original "She" to "I'm." Some of the lines in the rap and bridge were changed as well. Definitely the "she's really me" line was a later change because that would make no sense if the original demo POV was from a man.

Why was Yuqi shopping for songs like this? From the POV of a man singing about a woman? She's got a lower vocal register, so maybe opening up her options to demo songs sung by men gives her better choices but.. This song in its original form was 100% not about someone singing about themselves. She hears a demo track of a dude singing about how down bad he is for a freaky woman and decides she wants to use that for her album? Then they change a couple lines at the end of the song to make it about her, and her explanation of what the song is about is how she's a "freak" because people see her in a weird and different light and she wants to say "we're all freaks" (which the lyrics really don't convey at all).

It's such a strange choice. Did she love the song that much when she heard the original demo even though it's a song sung by a man about being passionately into some woman? Whether or not she wanted this song to be gay or not, those lyric changes to making it about herself reek of a plausible deniability move. If she was from the get-go looking for songs that express how she feels like some misunderstood outsider or whatever, this song makes zero sense. It makes her personal explanation of the meaning of the song look like an afterthought and also very evasive in addressing the fact 90% of this song sounds romantic. If she really wanted to no-homo herself, why the hell pick a song like this at all? Wouldn't it just be easier NOT to buy a demo sung by a man about a woman and have to worry about making it not sound gay? Like???

All around confusing. A straight woman buying a song sung from a male POV about a woman and being soooo secure and open-minded she doesn't care about the pronouns but knows how it could come across so they have to make those little "it's about me, guys" changes.. or..???
x2. i know a lot of anons here are back on the yuqi is straight train (or were never off it to begin with) but i still can’t help finding her sus when her behavior over the years screams repressed and gradually coming to terms with herself