she's such a troll i love her
I bet her next post caption would be "Hehe"
SA
"Hehe" + "I ❤ Women" shirt.
when she posts herself in bi / lesbian led lights too

Reactions:

Re: LOOΠΔ

Post by Guest »

I saw something on Twitter saying that all of the girls should be scolded for posting pics on Instagram with brands like Starbucks and McDonald's and Disney in the pictures. Like basically they should be told that they are terrible people for doing this and need to stop immediately. But I couldn't really find anything explaining why. Does anyone know what that's about?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Dec 2023, 14:17
I saw something on Twitter saying that all of the girls should be scolded for posting pics on Instagram with brands like Starbucks and McDonald's and Disney in the pictures. Like basically they should be told that they are terrible people for doing this and need to stop immediately. But I couldn't really find anything explaining why. Does anyone know what that's about?
it'd be better if you read about it in detail somewhere else but it's in relation with what's currently happening between palestine and israel. there's a list of companies that are reportedly supporting / working closely with / sponsoring israel and people worldwide have called for their boycott, both because they don't want to monetarily aid these companies' actions, and because that would put pressure on them to drop their support for israel.

starbucks has been in the centre of discussions because apparently A LOT of celebrities posted themselves / got photographed having their drinks these days (global ones like kim kardashian but also many kpop idols such as jisoo from blackpink, gaeul from ive, jeon somi, kep1er girls). the fact that there are so many instances like these recently makes people think the celebrities were sponsored by starbucks so they can influence their fans to buy their products.

still, so far i've only seen two kpop idols really get a lot of backlash for it. one is somi - she posted a tiktok with a starbucks cup and the way she's holding it, showing the logo and fake sipping from it really makes it seem like she was sponsored by them to do it. she also has this whole chronically online image going on for her, interacts with fans on tiktok, often makes pop culture references and is a native english speaker, so it's hard to believe that she wouldn't be aware of the boycott.

the other one is doyoung from nct. he was just chosen to be a mcdonald's ambassador, filmed ads for them and has been posting about it these days. he lost like 600k followers on instagram yesterday because of it.

i don't think that's really the case with other kpop idols. many have been seen drinking starbucks recently (including loona girls) but other than the fanwars and fingerpointing on twitter, it seems like fans are just trying to get idols to learn about what's happening now. so it's more like, not really calling them terrible people, but just telling them to stop posting themselves using products by these companies.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

chuu's always so sweet to queer couples :$

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
16 Aug 2023, 11:22
Guest wrote:
15 Aug 2023, 23:28
this was a very interesting perspective and i'll drop my stream of consciousness too because your deep dive had my brain go brrrr! i apologize for my ranting because i get annoying when it comes to talking about films and yves because they're both among the things i ponder a lot about!
everything you said is 10000% accurate gosh you have really astute observations

basically i think she's almost certainly bi but just having an awks time navigating having split attraction. i guess it can be hard to fit in with straight people when you're into women and to lesbians when you're into men and she's trying to juggle it? i feel the weird juggling is because of the confines of her job as an idol (like how her style from hair to makeup changes her vibe into a different person when she's promoting) and two because of the parasocial relationship she's built with western fans that feels like one big tumblr blog where she assumes it's not cool to like men and is treating it like a big thing she's worried about mentioning ever when it's literally the most normal thing in the world. like a very insecure teenager problem and omg a lot of adult queer spaces are like that for some reason. i also don't yet know why she's apparently limiting herself so hard in her personal life updates to being a sapphic queen (maybe she does talk about men sometimes and orbits just drowned it out) but gone the complete opposite way in her artistic output to my knowledge

even just compared to like how casually somi dropped a line about a woman or seola who didn't exactly release born this way but there were simply no male love interests in her solo debut the other day because you have to go out of your way to base a concept around them which yves has twice already even before redebuting. idk how to explain but as a lesbian it's cringe/awkward to be amongst people who call celebrities gay icons then suddenly act like lesbians are bad scary mean judgemental roid raging dykes when the celebrity kisses a guy and immediately pretend they have to protect the celebrity. lesbians are just gonna be more excited for yves to do something gay and i'm sure tons of bis don't care about men much and are excited too damn. really hope that attitude dies

Cure
Reactions:

Post by Cure »

Serious question.Do straight people listen to girl in red?
Or st Vincent?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Cure wrote:
01 Feb 2024, 21:05

Or st Vincent?

i think she definitely bumps it up a little bit because she's seeing the reactions of people on the internet, but by now i'm mostly convinced she's wlw. like come on, how do you even come up with " she was a girl, she was a girl / she was a punk, she did ballet" if you're not gay.. and that girl in red song was big on tiktok but paired up with st vincent in the same day?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
03 Feb 2024, 13:09
Cure wrote:
01 Feb 2024, 21:05

Or st Vincent?

i think she definitely bumps it up a little bit because she's seeing the reactions of people on the internet, but by now i'm mostly convinced she's wlw. like come on, how do you even come up with " she was a girl, she was a girl / she was a punk, she did ballet" if you're not gay.. and that girl in red song was big on tiktok but paired up with st vincent in the same day?
she wouldn't stop repeating it and she even made sure the lyrics still rejected the boy. too funny i can't deal with her

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
04 Feb 2024, 13:35
oh she's gay for real for real.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
04 Feb 2024, 14:13
Guest wrote:
04 Feb 2024, 13:35
oh she's gay for real for real.
the wlw yearning... literally have had the exact same dream

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Has Yves actually had any moments where you can see she is attracted to a woman. Because even if a gg idol tries to hide it, when their gay it ends up showing at some point (on their face, or how they speak etc), as an idol you are constantly meeting beautiful women. If you look at some of kpop gg's top gays like Moonbyul, Seola, Siyeon etc.. They all have plenty of moments where it's obvious how attracted they are to women, they also have flirted with women who they don't know and who are not idols (not for fanservice). But from what I can remember, and I admitt, I haven't seen enough of Loona and yves to make a proper judgement, but I can't say I ever remember getting any of that from Yves...

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

No but why is being masc so natural for yves. Moonbyul has said before that her mannerism change depending on if she is dressed more feminine or masculine and you can definitely see that with idols like Moonbyul and Siyeon but i was suprised that yves is like that too.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

thoughts? this didn't really feel like fanservice as much as it felt like not having enough media training to avoid blurting out certain things. i can't tell if the way sohyun reacted to what yooyeon said was negative or she just meant the convo is getting awkward and to cut it out

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

two more clips and yooyeon is so funny because she doesn't know when to shut up. the clip on top made me nervous. the girl she's probing is too young and eventually got genuinely embarrassed trying to explain herself after a few minutes since yooyeon has no filter so i felt bad for her a little. she even said she had to have a serious conversation about not liking girls behind the scenes because of yooyeon gossiping. i'm not posting for the girl being teased (who's six years younger than yooyeon and shouldn't have speculation) but because yooyeon and sohyun are usually seen as the most sus members so their reactions are interesting

it maybe puts in perspective the difference with how members who are gay for real might be treated especially in a huge group versus the fanservicey ones. i know yooyeon could be this comfortable speaking about the subject because it's normal for her but the way she phrased her questioning makes it feel like she isn't including herself. sohyun getting flustered (at one of them being "that way") makes her still sus i guess

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
07 Feb 2024, 21:21
two more clips and yooyeon is so funny because she doesn't know when to shut up. the clip on top made me nervous. the girl she's probing is too young and eventually got genuinely embarrassed trying to explain herself after a few minutes since yooyeon has no filter so i felt bad for her a little. she even said she had to have a serious conversation about not liking girls behind the scenes because of yooyeon gossiping. i'm not posting for the girl being teased (who's six years younger than yooyeon and shouldn't have speculation) but because yooyeon and sohyun are usually seen as the most sus members so their reactions are interesting

it maybe puts in perspective the difference with how members who are gay for real might be treated especially in a huge group versus the fanservicey ones. i know yooyeon could be this comfortable speaking about the subject because it's normal for her but the way she phrased her questioning makes it feel like she isn't including herself. sohyun getting flustered (at one of them being "that way") makes her still sus i guess
Ah, I posted about this live in the K-ent thread not knowing someone had already brought it up here! I hadn't seen these additional clips when I made my comment, and yeah, this kind of casts the whole thing in a bit of a different light. At first, I thought it was a bit sus from Yooyeon and figured it was reasonable that even with her lack of filter she'd know better than to imply that included her, but from the way she kept at it and didn't seem to pick up on Soomin's discomfort, I did get more of a "straight girl not understanding why someone else would potentially be panicking about this conversation" vibe :/

I agree that Sohyun's reaction could be a little sus, and I couldn't help but notice Seoyeon was pretty quiet through the whole thing with only a few semi-awkward interjections as if she might be getting flustered too, but I don't think it was different enough from her usual behavior to say for sure it was sus at all. I'd love to know Naky's reaction to the whole thing though, since she was allegedly involved in this off-camera conversation. With her sister basically being a glass closet, I'd assume she has to be supportive at minimum.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
07 Feb 2024, 21:48
Guest wrote:

Ah, I posted about this live in the K-ent thread not knowing someone had already brought it up here! I hadn't seen these additional clips when I made my comment, and yeah, this kind of casts the whole thing in a bit of a different light. At first, I thought it was a bit sus from Yooyeon and figured it was reasonable that even with her lack of filter she'd know better than to imply that included her, but from the way she kept at it and didn't seem to pick up on Soomin's discomfort, I did get more of a "straight girl not understanding why someone else would potentially be panicking about this conversation" vibe :/

I agree that Sohyun's reaction could be a little sus, and I couldn't help but notice Seoyeon was pretty quiet through the whole thing with only a few semi-awkward interjections as if she might be getting flustered too, but I don't think it was different enough from her usual behavior to say for sure it was sus at all. I'd love to know Naky's reaction to the whole thing though, since she was allegedly involved in this off-camera conversation. With her sister basically being a glass closet, I'd assume she has to be supportive at minimum.
I have never heard of a gg member not being supportive. Maybe there are some idols that are in those religious cults that are in Korea that could not support lgb but i've not heard of that before. if they are apprehensive about talking About lgb it's just because of the company restrictions. From the female solo idol that spoke openly about what kpop idols really are like, when asked if there are gay idols she said that there are suprisingly many. She also said that girl group members are always accepting of members that come out but that male idols often are not accepted by their members. I think it's important to remember that most idols are very scared to mess up or say something that could damage their potential for commercials etc.. almost no gg have the freedom that a group like dreamcatcher has.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
07 Feb 2024, 20:29
thoughts? this didn't really feel like fanservice as much as it felt like not having enough media training to avoid blurting out certain things. i can't tell if the way sohyun reacted to what yooyeon said was negative or she just meant the convo is getting awkward and to cut it out
In a group of 24 i'm sure there are way more then one lol.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
08 Feb 2024, 04:13
Guest wrote:
07 Feb 2024, 20:29
In a group of 24 i'm sure there are way more then one lol.
Could be just one lesbian but, definitely several that are bi at least. I don't expect every big girl group to be as populated by lesbians as snh48 but yeah gg are often gay af so who knows...

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

some of yooyeon's sus moments. the gay statistics thing is being credited to yooyeon in viral tweets but she said the members involved in talking to that girl about her seeming to have real feelings for yooyeon all concluded one out of 24 has to be gay together. sohyun wasn't part of their convo so her reaction makes even more sense

lesbian song sohyun has already recommended before so doing it again now is funny

this is a tiktok trend but a member chose it and every member in it is part of woman attractor line which i guess could be considered fanservice line. that's why yooyeon confuses me as far as what's genuine. it's just very unusual for an idol to openly acknowledge homosexuality how she does. it's like she didn't understand why their convo should stay private and everyone else did

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

it's like she didn't understand why their convo should stay private and everyone else did
yes, exactly. her whole attitude is very interesting and makes me hope these girls never get proper media training lmao. atp i feel like half the group has had at least a couple of sus moments for those who keep up with their content regularly. like nien for example, not part of the woman attractor line or someone who's regularly talked about in this context, really feels almost like an older soomin in the way she flirts heavily and shamelessly and acts around women in general. the signal where she happily tells kotone that if she's the king, she can have lots of wives lives in my mind rent free. i remember her being extra flustered around yooyeon back when she first moved in too.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
07 Feb 2024, 21:48
Guest wrote:

i kinda love how blunt yooyeon always is on this subject. her lack of shame around homosexuality and not just fanservice makes me think her obliviousness to making them feel awkward about it isn't enough to write her off yet. it's just pretty hypocritical of her to pester a girl for supposedly being the gay one when yooyeon never acknowledged the irony of enjoying attention from the same sex and revelling in thinking any girl has a crush on her (which even seoyeon pointed out). if it was a situation of her being closeted and aware enough to not include herself in the statistic, i'd assume she wouldn't include her much younger member. like she is literally trying to out her backstage and publicly which i've never seen in a girl group before. girls gossip and it wasn't malicious so it has to be inexperience as an idol and maybe having a problem reading the room

yeah same. if i wasn't used to seoyeon behaving that way all the time i'd have gotten phobe vibes from her saying it's weird and going dead silent and expressionless the more they spoke. i think it looked like she felt awkward at how on the spot soomin was and how everything soomin said made it worse with no end in sight. seoyeon screams straight to me even in fanservice. it stood out how she got super close super fast to rocket punch yeonhee and yeonhee went to this concert for her but of course friends exist

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

yves

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
10 Feb 2024, 12:55
yves

Seems like Yves is gay fr. I wonder if the dating a girl rumor was true.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

lol. Anyway, Yves probably tried to Bury her feelings for a long time but after getting time away from activities with loona, it seems like she was able to fully realize her sexuality. Afterall Most idols mature slower then average because they are completely dedicated to their idol work/lifestyle. I think that's why there are so few gay obvious gay/sapphic idols after 3gen/early4gen. The idols nowdays debut so young non of them knows who they really are yet.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
11 Feb 2024, 16:15
lol. Anyway, Yves probably tried to Bury her feelings for a long time but after getting time away from activities with loona, it seems like she was able to fully realize her sexuality. Afterall Most idols mature slower then average because they are completely dedicated to their idol work/lifestyle. I think that's why there are so few gay obvious gay/sapphic idols after 3gen/early4gen. The idols nowdays debut so young non of them knows who they really are yet.
Turns out Yves was the real fruit all along 🍎🍎 🍎 🍎 🍎 🍎 🍎

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

LMAO

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 Feb 2024, 12:49
LMAO

What is ehngdus? Is it her fandom?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 Feb 2024, 12:49
LMAO

i always see people calling chaein sus and her becoming friends with yves hmmmm

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

What do yall think of Chuu? I think she is a lesbian.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 Feb 2024, 19:31
What do yall think of Chuu? I think she is a lesbian.
She dated a boy in highschool but she was very young then so it doesn't mean anything, many lesbians do the before They realize who they are. Right now chuu is very ambiguous. She almost gives of aroace energy to me.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Why do people say that Sohyun(triples) is the most sus, when she has said she like "Mads Mikkelsen and Kim Jaewook"? I know that gay idols in early 3 gen had to lie a lot, like Moonbyul and Seola having to lie and say they have a male ideal type. But I feel like since late 3gen/early4gen it has been normalized among kpop gg, that attracting a Female audience is the most important for a gg, I don't understand why Any female idol would feel forced to state a male ideal type anymore?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 Feb 2024, 20:07
Why do people say that Sohyun(triples) is the most sus, when she has said she like "Mads Mikkelsen and Kim Jaewook"? I know that gay idols in early 3 gen had to lie a lot, like Moonbyul and Seola having to lie and say they have a male ideal type. But I feel like since late 3gen/early4gen it has been normalized among kpop gg, that attracting a Female audience is the most important for a gg, I don't understand why Any female idol would feel forced to state a male ideal type anymore?
Mostly because she's written songs that sound a bit sus. At least that's why I think she is. Wasn't aware of her saying she likes those guys.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
It doesn't invalidate her other receipts/sus moments imo. Not many straight women would think to write a love song about a woman. I don't remember the context of her saying those things/exactly what she said, so disregard this part if it was explicitly an ideal type comment, but she's often talking about movies, novels, etc and creators she enjoys, so could it be possible she meant she likes them as actors without it necessarily having a connotation of attraction? Even if she is attracted to those men though, she could easily be bi.

Whether she's the most sus member in tripleS is up for debate, but at least for me, it would take more than that for her to be off the list.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 Feb 2024, 21:44
Guest wrote:
It doesn't invalidate her other receipts/sus moments imo. Not many straight women would think to write a love song about a woman. I don't remember the context of her saying those things/exactly what she said, so disregard this part if it was explicitly an ideal type comment, but she's often talking about movies, novels, etc and creators she enjoys, so could it be possible she meant she likes them as actors without it necessarily having a connotation of attraction? Even if she is attracted to those men though, she could easily be bi.

Whether she's the most sus member in tripleS is up for debate, but at least for me, it would take more than that for her to be off the list.
She always gave me bi vibes. Also, I am pretty sure she said the actors after stating actresses she liked and just gave what fans asked. She seems to consume a lot of media so it could also be like how anon above stated. What was an eyebrow raiser for me was recommending a Dreamcatcher bside from their 2017 album. You'd have to be pretty into them to know that and they aren't a super popular group either so most people are not bothering to listen to their bsides.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
i think she's bisexual and being attracted to men doesn't change being attracted to women and possibly preferring them. unless i'm remembering wrong it was an ideal type comment about liking people with pretty smiles who look good with long hair. very ambiguous wording but she followed it up by naming them as examples. hopefully she means when they were younger

she recommended an obscure gay novel and might just be open minded and into forward thinking concepts as far as writing je ne sais quoui since she's an artsy type. it's like how yves enjoys pandering a bit too much to be straight though and sohyun is only 21. i do notice this group is super into fanservice so almost everyone has a sus moment, but lowkey how she and seoyeon reacted to yooyeon telling them the other girls had been speculating who's gay behind their backs had me wondering if sohyun is already out to seoyeon somehow or they know something the rest don't. the panic was real

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 Feb 2024, 22:20
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

She always gave me bi vibes. Also, I am pretty sure she said the actors after stating actresses she liked and just gave what fans asked. She seems to consume a lot of media so it could also be like how anon above stated. What was an eyebrow raiser for me was recommending a Dreamcatcher bside from their 2017 album. You'd have to be pretty into them to know that and they aren't a super popular group either so most people are not bothering to listen to their bsides.
It says on kpop profiles "Some of her celebrity crushes are Kim Jaewook and Mads Mikkelsen." Based on appearance.
The thing is she may aswell be heterosexual if she has shown attraction to men, there are tons of female idols that have said things that indicate that they are attracted to men and women, but they always conform to heteronormativity because they live in sk. The only idols who will not conform are the ones who just show interest in the ladies (they don't have to be lesbian they could still be bi that is only interested in women) but if they show interest in men then it's game over, I like her a lot as a songwriter and idol but I would give up any hope of her being a proper sapphic.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 Feb 2024, 22:34
Guest wrote:
smiles who look good with long hair. very ambiguous wording but she followed it up by naming them as examples. hopefully she means when they were younger

Ma'am This is a site for lesbians only, why are you here.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 Feb 2024, 22:20
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

yeah, the only message from her about it that got posted is the tweet you linked to which doesn't show a screenshot of what she said
people started calling her a dilf lover from this tweet alone which is gross considering they're 20 and 40 years older than her. it isn't uncommon for words to be twisted and spread to mean something else by english speakers relying on a translator. it's like chinese whispers. usually the translator at least posts screenshots of the messages so things can be clarified but not this time for some reason. they didn't even bother to mention the actresses

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 Feb 2024, 23:09
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
smiles who look good with long hair. very ambiguous wording but she followed it up by naming them as examples. hopefully she means when they were younger

hm? they are 40 and 58. she is 21. it's normal to hope she didn't mean it the way it was taken and be put off if she did. if anything it casts doubt on her meaning it that way at all, but logically they've been active as actors since they were younger so there's still a possibility that fits with her being bisexual

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 Feb 2024, 23:17
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

hm? they are 40 and 58. she is 21. it's normal to hope she didn't mean it the way it was taken and be put off if she did. if anything it casts doubt on her meaning it that way at all, but logically they've been active as actors since they were younger so there's still a possibility that fits with her being bisexual
I thought she hoped she meant when they were younger because she found them attractive when they were younger

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 Feb 2024, 23:22
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

I thought she hoped she meant when they were younger because she found them attractive when they were younger
nope, sorry for being unclear. if she really meant these much older men are her ideal type and felt the need to say it so soon into her debut, that'd be mega weird and unattractive and i'd probably feel like i've been mistaking her mature cool girl aura for pinging. it'd kill her vibe. if she meant she's into their younger days, that's just standard bisexual behaviour. and if it's truly a bad translation lacking context, i wanna see what she actually said about those actresses

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 Feb 2024, 23:37
Guest wrote:
12 Feb 2024, 23:22
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

nope, sorry for being unclear. if she really meant these much older men are her ideal type and felt the need to say it so soon into her debut, that'd be mega weird and unattractive and i'd probably feel like i've been mistaking her mature cool girl aura for pinging. it'd kill her vibe. if she meant she's into their younger days, that's just standard bisexual behaviour. and if it's truly a bad translation lacking context, i wanna see what she actually said about those actresses
Ah, ok.. yeah I agree, also bi women that are into older men never date women. Usually bi women that later date women like androgynous younger men, so if she like them when they were younger and had long hair then that would be a stronger indication of being more into women or at least not being a bihet..

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Yves needs to slow down lmao. I'm absolutely here for her constantly coming out as gay, I get the urge to want to be vocal about your identity when you're in a heteronormative society and maybe just figured yourself out, but with all the han sohee stuff and now talking about dreams with Karina, I feel like she's a couple of weeks away from saying something that will make it very akward to meet some these female celebrities,lmao(if she still is interested in being a public figure in kpop at all.) Maybe she's planning on becoming the equivalent of girl in red for s.korea. :lol:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

There was a period in gg kpop where groups came out one after the other like mamamoo, dreamcatcher, wjsn, loona, twice, weki meki, it felt like there were a lot of kpop gg that had sapphic members but after them into 4/5 gen it has felt like a desert, no new fruity gg groups. But now with triples, I'm just happy that we finally have a new girl group that has that sapphic vibe that I miss.

Even the oldest members of triples are still just in their early 20s. Most gay idols like Seola Moonbyul several of the dreamcatcher members and Yves didn't fully understand themselves until they became around 24-28 age range, but several of the members are already very sus and open minded. They have a lot of members so like snh48 or a girls college it is invetable that an environment like that will foster some wlw attraction. And crucially they have jj as the leader of modhaus, jj is known for having gay conceps in all his groups from lovelyz to loona to onlyoneof, he is clearly a very open minded person who likes to go against the conservative sk. All of this makes me feel positive about them being a group that can become very popular among lez/bi women.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

sohyun... maybe bisexual, based on my perception. when she was announced as a member, people found her blog and i remember skimming through it. she'd written a poem with a title translating to "A boy who resembles rain". https://blog.naver.com/the_a_utumn/222640439143
it's very much of a breakup poem and basically confirms to me that she was in a relationship with a guy. she's posted so much gay media though (literally recommended songs by both the internet and girl in red in the past couple of days). she's kind of like yves? she reminds me a lot of her with the whole blog posting, songwriting, recommending obscure indie artists. but like, is she just chronically online and artsy or is she seeking those spaces because she's queer?

one thing that i'm against the grain on is her relationship with xinyu. i feel like people on twitter always say them calling each other "wife" and being touchy is an evidence for sohyun's sexuality. i'm usually not a believer that idols from the same group would have a thing with each other, but with tripleS it's like a whole another level. these girls did not train with each other and most of them meet for the first time when they join the group as a new member (the exception being the survival show members and the ones who were in dance academies together). so, i don't really see a queer woman meeting a potentially straight woman (xinyu doesn't ping personally to me) and calling her your wife in the first month of meeting her. wouldn't it be awkward if they started suspecting you / you came out to them? i come from a pretty conservative country too and i always find myself trying to be careful around other women because them finding out about your sexuality sometimes leads up to them distancing themselves. doing a whole "she's my wife" act would be a no-no with someone i've known for a short time.

that recent live where yooyeon heavily referred to someone in the group being a possible part of the community also means to me that, while there are supportive members, no one has yet come out in front of them. like, if someone actually was out and proud, yooyeon definitely wouldn't have started the topic. but sohyun's reaction was awkward, so i'm still not writing her off!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 Feb 2024, 16:07
sohyun... maybe bisexual, based on my perception. when she was announced as a member, people found her blog and i remember skimming through it. she'd written a poem with a title translating to "A boy who resembles rain". https://blog.naver.com/the_a_utumn/222640439143
it's very much of a breakup poem and basically confirms to me that she was in a relationship with a guy. she's posted so much gay media though (literally recommended songs by both the internet and girl in red in the past couple of days). she's kind of like yves? she reminds me a lot of her with the whole blog posting, songwriting, recommending obscure indie artists. but like, is she just chronically online and artsy or is she seeking those spaces because she's queer?

one thing that i'm against the grain on is her relationship with xinyu. i feel like people on twitter always say them calling each other "wife" and being touchy is an evidence for sohyun's sexuality. i'm usually not a believer that idols from the same group would have a thing with each other, but with tripleS it's like a whole another level. these girls did not train with each other and most of them meet for the first time when they join the group as a new member (the exception being the survival show members and the ones who were in dance academies together). so, i don't really see a queer woman meeting a potentially straight woman (xinyu doesn't ping personally to me) and calling her your wife in the first month of meeting her. wouldn't it be awkward if they started suspecting you / you came out to them? i come from a pretty conservative country too and i always find myself trying to be careful around other women because them finding out about your sexuality sometimes leads up to them distancing themselves. doing a whole "she's my wife" act would be a no-no with someone i've known for a short time.

that recent live where yooyeon heavily referred to someone in the group being a possible part of the community also means to me that, while there are supportive members, no one has yet come out in front of them. like, if someone actually was out and proud, yooyeon definitely wouldn't have started the topic. but sohyun's reaction was awkward, so i'm still not writing her off!
i'm sure she is bi, i mean being bi is very common among female gen z and among female idols in general. However i still haven't gotten any vibes of her being interested in actually dating women yet, but she is still fairly young so that could definitely change.
She's not like Yves however, because Yves has made it pretty clear at this point that she is only interested in women in a way that seems sincere. It's not a surprise that no one in the group has come out yet, because the group is still very new and still growing in members. I think when everyone has gotten to know eachother better then people will be able to open up more. There is also just the fact that a lot of kids these days don't really feel the need to label themselves or come out anymore, they just say i'm interested in this girl etc. I think it is important to remember that the kpop bubble that girl groups live in is a lot more open minded then the rest of south Korea. Just like in the west, places where artists or creative people work tend to have a lot of open minded people, gay people, and little to no conservative people, it's the same among kpop gg. That much has already been said by previous female ex idols. They have a big gay community and most of the active gg idols that date the same sex are open secrets in the industry, there are no problems as long as they don't make it so public that they can lose opportunities. Triples are still to early to judge but i think it is invetable that at least a few members will end up being sapphic.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

i'm sure she is bi, i mean being bi is very common among female gen z and among female idols in general. However i still haven't gotten any vibes of her being interested in actually dating women yet, but she is still fairly young so that could definitely change.
She's not like Yves however, because Yves has made it pretty clear at this point that she is only interested in women in a way that seems sincere. It's not a surprise that no one in the group has come out yet, because the group is still very new and still growing in members. I think when everyone has gotten to know eachother better then people will be able to open up more. There is also just the fact that a lot of kids these days don't really feel the need to label themselves or come out anymore, they just say i'm interested in this girl etc. I think it is important to remember that the kpop bubble that girl groups live in is a lot more open minded then the rest of south Korea. Just like in the west, places where artists or creative people work tend to have a lot of open minded people, gay people, and little to no conservative people, it's the same among kpop gg. That much has already been said by previous female ex idols. They have a big gay community and most of the active gg idols that date the same sex are open secrets in the industry, there are no problems as long as they don't make it so public that they can lose opportunities. Triples are still to early to judge but i think it is invetable that at least a few members will end up being sapphic.

do you mean you think yves is a lesbian?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 Feb 2024, 22:16

do you mean you think yves is a lesbian?
No, more that she seems to only be interested in women, so gay. Gay is a little looser then lesbian since bi women that only date women, or bi women who are mostly just attracted to women can call themselves gay. Lesbian, is someone who is not just exclusively attracted to females but is also revolted by men, I don't get that vibe from Yves, but i do feel like she is not interested in living a heteronormative life and seems to only be interested in women so gay is the best label for now imo.