Mamamoo; korean girl group

Reactions:

Re: Mamamoo; korean girl group

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 Jun 2023, 20:00
I find LHR to be very hard to digest sometimes. Just because she hated her members she thinks everyone's in the same situation and disregard Hyejin's relationship with the group a lot. It's weird to see.
What did she say?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

There’s some second and first gen groups with that mentality. They talk about how it’s better to leave it as business. Many groups in latter gens are much closer than the old days

I like her but she needs to stop projecting that it’s the same dynamic in the industry today

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Can anyone who can see the comment tell us what it says?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I’m not sure what they are seeing. I can see a comment from solar but none from Mamamoo official then again I’m on mobile

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 Jun 2023, 20:16
Guest wrote:
09 Jun 2023, 20:00
I find LHR to be very hard to digest sometimes. Just because she hated her members she thinks everyone's in the same situation and disregard Hyejin's relationship with the group a lot. It's weird to see.
LHR? Didn't she appear in the group documentary? If anything, I get that vibe more from UJH.
Yeah and although nice, she spent the whole time advising more about how she managed her time with a group that hated each other guts. Lately they've been talking about how Hwasa doesn't have people to share the kind of burden she has for being a star and I get that's true for the other members in the wanderers because they are soloists, but not for Hwasa when she has 3 mostly empathetic members who we've seen time and time again are fighting for keeping their communication and friendship over anything that the business throws to them.

This whole projection in Hwasa when she's in a totally different place from all the rest of the cast is a bit disappointing.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

You don’t have to worry OP

As annoying as it is that she acts like Hyejin is in the same situation you can take heart in the fact that Hyejin is a very string person who doesn’t let others thoughts influence her mind easily

This is the same woman who stood in Paris a few on the ago and said it was happier being there with her members than when she was alone

The same woman who posted many happy and loving pictures of her and her members recently and doesn’t hesitate to say heo she considers them family

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I still can’t find that YouTube comment I am curious now

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 Jun 2023, 22:19
DA
Same, I think OP is just trying to get us to stream Illella :rofl:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 Jun 2023, 22:41
Guest wrote:
09 Jun 2023, 22:19
DA
Same, I think OP is just trying to get us to stream Illella :rofl:
da there was one the official YouTube account posted in the first week of release that said something like "This one's for the Moomoos" but I don't know if that's what the twt person means or if there's a new one. Stream Illella anyway though, it's a banger.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 Jun 2023, 21:00
There’s some second and first gen groups with that mentality. They talk about how it’s better to leave it as business. Many groups in latter gens are much closer than the old days

I like her but she needs to stop projecting that it’s the same dynamic in the industry today
i find that hard to prove since later gens are still active as a group thus yeah they're going to appear close. it's only years later we can see which groups still stay in touch or reunite once a year or once in a blue moon to promote for nostalgia's sake.

AnonymouslyAnon
Reactions:

Post by AnonymouslyAnon »

Do you guys think Wheein is bi? And if so do you think she’s ever dated a woman?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I just saw they’re giving out unit pc’s at the encore concerts for official moomoos. That makes my unit performance guess a very tiny bit less far fetched.

Reactions:

Post by ..9 »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

AnonymouslyAnon wrote:
12 Jun 2023, 05:44
Do you guys think Wheein is bi? And if so do you think she’s ever dated a woman?
Just speaking for myself, yes and yes. There's been tea about it shared on here before, grain of salt and all that. Fewer details than the tea about her relationships with guys because the woman was apparently not a celebrity.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Do moos genuinely think that Byul’s been single this entire time/a long period of time? :eyeroll:

You’d think that post-shutdown moos would be able to detect heteronormativity and recognize that if Byul is dating women, she can’t openly fucking say that.

Guest MK
Reactions:

Post by Guest MK »

It's from a video from 4 years ago I think? So either she was being honest at that time or hiding but things might have changed since then..

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest MK wrote:
12 Jun 2023, 10:43
It's from a video from 4 years ago I think? So either she was being honest at that time or hiding but things might have changed since then..

That’s true but the replies and quotes seem like this is still a very true thing to this day because the poster didn’t even time stamp it. :eyeroll:

I’m more on hiding things possibility instead of it being entirely true at the time. I cannot recall any time Byul has talked about genuinely dating. Because dating = hetero in SK standards. She’s never been open about dating because she literally can’t be.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

No Byul has repeated that not dating since debut line for many years since that interview. Which most assuredly means it’s a lie

And that’s fine she’s an idol it’s expected

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 Jun 2023, 11:18
No Byul has repeated that not dating since debut line for many years since that interview. Which most assuredly means it’s a lie

X2

I think moos on twit have selective memory because how can they either forget or not understand this.

Same mentality as people who called her a queerbaiter because she wrote shutdown without coming out. Like what do you expect her to do?

bit_baum
Reactions:

Post by bit_baum »

Guest wrote:
12 Jun 2023, 11:34
Guest wrote:

X2

I think moos on twit have selective memory because how can they either forget or not understand this.

Same mentality as people who called her a queerbaiter because she wrote shutdown without coming out. Like what do you expect her to do?
X3

Ya she's mentioned not dating on Moonbyul2da with the physiognomist and on that divorced men show and that's as recent as last year. IMO Byul's lying about not dating unless she means "not dating seriously". If moonsun isn't real (which I want to believe 🛸 but I feel like if it's true they haven't fully acted on it) then I can definitely see Byul having the rare casual, situationship. Like the way she talked about going back and forth with the producers asking them to make Shutdown more and more racy..... and having more 19+ songs she wants to release...... like that girl has needs :rofl:

She mentioned in the past her heart "doesn't open that way" with romantic relationships and I feel like it's a self-preservation thing with her job. Girl might be holding off on deep feelings until she's out of the idol industry

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

She mentioned in the past her heart "doesn't open that way" with romantic relationships and I feel like it's a self-preservation thing with her job. Girl might be holding off on deep feelings until she's out of the idol industry
You know it actually aligns with the tl someone posted on the moonsun thread

They said they don’t think Byul and Yong officially became a thing until end of 2021/beginning of 2022 after being in an ambiguous place for years

If you remember the interviews Byul was doing at the end of 2021 she was putting a limit on her idol years and then saying she wanted to settle with her dogs and loved one.

But something shifted and she got much happier and began to talk about things long term in regards to her career and it didn’t track with her previous statements anymore

Of course it’s partially all the confidence she gained from her work and singing success but what if part of it is also that her and Yong finally went there and Byul realized she could have her cake and eat it too. So her and Yong finally got together and her heart did ‘open that way’

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

bit_baum wrote:
12 Jun 2023, 14:29
Guest wrote:
12 Jun 2023, 11:34
Guest wrote:

X2

X3

Ya she's mentioned not dating on Moonbyul2da with the physiognomist and on that divorced men show and that's as recent as last year. IMO Byul's lying about not dating unless she means "not dating seriously". If moonsun isn't real (which I want to believe 🛸 but I feel like if it's true they haven't fully acted on it) then I can definitely see Byul having the rare casual, situationship. Like the way she talked about going back and forth with the producers asking them to make Shutdown more and more racy..... and having more 19+ songs she wants to release...... like that girl has needs :rofl:

Yeah I get what you’re saying. That’s pretty interesting. I’m a staunch moonsun believer but I understand the possibility of it not being forever or they’re just weird as hell homoerotic gay friends. Especially since she’s been talking about slowing down and being positive about romance, the main possibilities is that there’s a secret woman or her and Yong are together. If she is single, she’s not been single since debut let’s be real.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

..9 wrote:
12 Jun 2023, 06:21
If Wheein was bi Solar wouldn't have said "gross". I think moonsun and lesbians and wheesa are allys.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Lmfao you can’t look at things idols say in places like that as indicative of anything. It’s all their performative public face. Not who they are in private. They’re putting on a show

Many of Wheein’s relationships have been exposed by fans who turned on her. We know the two men she dated and we know she dated a woman who’s identity hasn’t been revealed because she isn’t a public figure (and it’s a lesbian relationship, even the people attacking her aren’t that big of scum to out someone)

Anyway that info was also corroborated by ssng info about a woman she dated who had a video of them two being lovey together she never deleted supposedly. And Hyejin while very into men has also had ssng info of at least one hookup with women (no relationships though)

You can’t take stuff from public content like that above and make assumptions from it

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 Jun 2023, 16:04
..9 wrote:
12 Jun 2023, 06:21
If Wheein was bi Solar wouldn't have said "gross". I think moonsun and lesbians and wheesa are allys.
Da I don't think that makes any sense, sorry. If anyone didn't watch it's just one of those nonsense heteronormative questions they like to throw at idols with "Solar, if you were a man would you date Wheein?" My personal guess is that Solar said it was kind of gross because in their real-life relationship she seems to see Wheein as much younger than her, definitely a little sister or sometimes even jokingly her kid, and that is indeed weird to suggest dating with that kind of age gap dynamic. (I'd also have suggested it was the being a man part Solar found gross, except she kind of had to be reminded of that aspect of the scenario.) But no matter what the exact reason, I don't see how Solar saying that in the middle of a goofy constructed game has any bearing on Wheein's real-life sexuality.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Yong literally calls Wheesa the kids

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 Jun 2023, 16:20
Lmfao you can’t look at things idols say in places like that as indicative of anything. It’s all their performative public face. Not who they are in private. They’re putting on a show

Many of Wheein’s relationships have been exposed by fans who turned on her. We know the two men she dated and we know she dated a woman who’s identity hasn’t been revealed because she isn’t a public figure (and it’s a lesbian relationship, even the people attacking her aren’t that big of scum to out someone)

Anyway that info was also corroborated by ssng info about a woman she dated who had a video of them two being lovey together she never deleted supposedly. And Hyejin while very into men has also had ssng info of at least one hookup with women (no relationships though)

You can’t take stuff from public content like that above and make assumptions from it
and her taste

bit_baum
Reactions:

Post by bit_baum »

Guest wrote:
12 Jun 2023, 14:48

They said they don’t think Byul and Yong officially became a thing until end of 2021/beginning of 2022 after being in an ambiguous place for years

If you remember the interviews Byul was doing at the end of 2021 she was putting a limit on her idol years and then saying she wanted to settle with her dogs and loved one.

But something shifted and she got much happier and began to talk about things long term in regards to her career and it didn’t track with her previous statements anymore

Of course it’s partially all the confidence she gained from her work and singing success but what if part of it is also that her and Yong finally went there and Byul realized she could have her cake and eat it too. So her and Yong finally got together and her heart did ‘open that way’
That timeline makes sense to me. People in the moonsun thread talk a lot about the shift in their tension during decalcolmanie era as evidence of them getting together. I wasn't around to witness all of that but there are things that have happened since that which throw me off of them being officially together since back then. Off the top of my head I recently watched Gamsung Camping and had a few things stick out to me
Right now I'm thinking maybe they acknowledged their feelings back in 2016/17, started something and then realized they couldn't risk or commit to fully starting a relationship while the group was gaining so much popularity. Then it mutually simmered down to something ambiguous where they clearly are still so intertwined but not overtly romantic, and morphed into domestic platonic wives era during peak covid. They might/might not be together now, no idea, but my bet is if they are together they haven't been together this whole time and if it's "official" it started more recently.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

People have been selling info about them since ~2016 because of staff leaks. Staff firings (likely due to leaks at least in part) between 2016-2018 led to less info about them out there, same with banned ms ssngs (since 2015). Market info for a long time has said they spend virtually all their time together. no other romantic partners for either in the picture (only mb friends and their joint friends). Rumors of meeting parents/ring exchange happened in 2021, which is when most longterm moonsunnies think they escalated the relationship, or newer moonsunnies think they got together, but obvs no one will ever know for sure. But stalker info says they are together and have been. (If nothing else, BA was right about mmm+, the world tour, and no info at the time of h leaving rbw, so I'm taking her word on ms.)

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:

no we don't know that. there has never been any proof

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I really don't get the need some people seem to have to downplay Wheein's probable bisexuality. She left hints to it in her solo work, with the same-sex love story / breakup in her "Goodbye" video, which was subtle, but a meaning that she definitely confirmed when talking about it in the behind the scenes footage. It also just fits with a lot of things she's shown over the years like the stuff posted above, plus her Gogobebe blue outfit, and just a bunch of aspects of her attitude and personality.

It's true nobody's posted anything like that rumored video of her with the woman here, but nobody's posted exhaustive "proof" here of her relationships with guys either, and yet anons are willing to believe that just on the same kind of hearsay. Nobody's saying Wheein is gay but I don't understand the need to try and insist she isn't bi, or that somehow she's not "serious" enough about it to actually date a woman. This board is here for anonymous tea about women having same-sex hookups or relationships, why would you fight so hard against that? It doesn't reduce the possibility of other members being lesbian or bi.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 Jun 2023, 19:35
Guest wrote:

Hen you’re a hypocrite if you believe the info about her and those two men who we know because it was the same egg anti accs who exposed them that also talked about that

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 Jun 2023, 20:10
I really don't get the need some people seem to have to downplay Wheein's probable bisexuality. She left hints to it in her solo work, with the same-sex love story / breakup in her "Goodbye" video, which was subtle, but a meaning that she definitely confirmed when talking about it in the behind the scenes footage. It also just fits with a lot of things she's shown over the years like the stuff posted above, plus her Gogobebe blue outfit, and just a bunch of aspects of her attitude and personality.

It's true nobody's posted anything like that rumored video of her with the woman here, but nobody's posted exhaustive "proof" here of her relationships with guys either, and yet anons are willing to believe that just on the same kind of hearsay. Nobody's saying Wheein is gay but I don't understand the need to try and insist she isn't bi, or that somehow she's not "serious" enough about it to actually date a woman. This board is here for anonymous tea about women having same-sex hookups or relationships, why would you fight so hard against that? It doesn't reduce the possibility of other members being lesbian or bi.
A few things:

- Goodbye is actually a song produced and written by Jungkey. The mv of course could've been proposed entirely by Wheein, but we're not sure about it and most of her mvs are a group effort instead of her directing the stories, like Hwasa.
- Sadly, there is exhaustive proof of her relationships with at least two dancers, one of them we know a lot, because he was working with Mamamoo for years. And the other is from JustJerk iirc.
- Compared to moonsun tea or even her het relationships, the rumor about the said woman is probably one of the less backed up things we've seen. You can believe whatever you want, but personally, I understand why people refrain from believe it, It's at the same level of hwasa hooking up with a girl once.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 Jun 2023, 20:37
Guest wrote:
12 Jun 2023, 19:35
Guest wrote:

Hen you’re a hypocrite if you believe the info about her and those two men who we know because it was the same egg anti accs who exposed them that also talked about that
The receipts about her boyfriends are on a whole different level than th4 gf rumor. I do believe she is bi but I don't buy the gf thing. There is literally zero proof.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:

They are the same pple who believe Solar is les or bi bc of her relationship with Byul :rofl:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 Jun 2023, 22:49
Guest wrote:

They are the same pple who believe Solar is les or bi bc of her relationship with Byul :rofl:
I'm OP of this and you can try again, because I do think Yongsun is lesbian or bi, and that she is most probably in a relationship with Byul but also that she has multiple signs of not being straight outside that, and also that Wheein is probably bi. And I think the tea about Hyejin having hooked up with a woman is fun too, and not out of the realm of possibility! I'm here for all of it.

I do think other anon is right there's less to back up the Wheein and Hyejin tea than the mountain of receipts Moonsun have dropped (not to mention the BA reinforcement on them being a thing), I'm just saying it's not like it's way out of line compared to the rest of the circumstantial evidence we do see.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 Jun 2023, 21:04
Guest wrote:

A few things:

- Goodbye is actually a song produced and written by Jungkey. The mv of course could've been proposed entirely by Wheein, but we're not sure about it and most of her mvs are a group effort instead of her directing the stories, like Hwasa.
- Sadly, there is exhaustive proof of her relationships with at least two dancers, one of them we know a lot, because he was working with Mamamoo for years. And the other is from JustJerk iirc.
- Compared to moonsun tea or even her het relationships, the rumor about the said woman is probably one of the less backed up things we've seen. You can believe whatever you want, but personally, I understand why people refrain from believe it, It's at the same level of hwasa hooking up with a girl once.
And Shutdown had 3 male writers/producers so that doesn't really say much

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 Jun 2023, 00:48
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

A few things:

And none of them wrote that they are like rowing in a boat inside of a woman, that was Byul. Go and be frustrated somewhere else about wheein's romantic life.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I’ve stayed out of this conversation because I don’t really have much to contribute but ladies we are not gonna turn shutdown into a het song please be serious

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I don't think anyone's saying Shutdown is a het song. What they are saying is that having men involved in one aspect of a song's production doesn't preclude the artist introducing wlw themes in other parts.

Goodbye is interesting because Wheein didn't contribute lyrics, Jungkey's got the sole writing and composing credits like an anon said before, but the song itself is not gendered at all. That anon is also right in that we don't know for sure who came up with the storyline of the MV. But we do know Wheein did contribute to visuals there, since she made the painting, so it's not that huge a stretch to think she might have influenced the story in terms of which half of the new couple the main character had loved.

Shutdown is way more overt about being a lesbian song both in lyrics and in the story of the MV, though, and Byul did seem to be way more deeply engaged in shaping all the parts of it. Byul also played her own main character in the MV story while Wheein did not, so that's another degree of personalization.

Wasabi
Reactions:

Post by Wasabi »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

A few things:

And yet it's still gayer than anything that Wheein has released so far. I wish Wheein would keep her stans entertained, clearly they're bored.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Just hopping in to add that Byul also mentioned resolving a “some” (situation ship? sorry, this oldie isn’t good with new words) back around 2018? 2019? on Sandeul’s radio show. They were discussing relationships and whatnot iirc. What they result might’ve been, we don’t know, but it was like…quietly mentioned lol. (Having trouble finding the translation. It was an audio only episode.)

Again, take it how you will, since it’s still something said in public and not necessarily the truth.

Regarding Goodbye MV, the actress said on a YouTube video that Wheein specifically asked for her, so at least to some extent, wheein was involved with some choices. I wouldn’t deny the possibility that she suggested the wlw relationship.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Sujung following Yong’s sister but not Yong is so funny to me

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 Jun 2023, 09:39
I think she follows Yonghee because they're both in the fashion business somehow. It's more curious to me that she doesn't follow Byul even though Byul has the oldest IG account of the four.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 Jun 2023, 12:52
Guest wrote:
13 Jun 2023, 09:39
I think she follows Yonghee because they're both in the fashion business somehow. It's more curious to me that she doesn't follow Byul even though Byul has the oldest IG account of the four.
I didn't know she is close to Wheein too. Do you know how? I'm curious about that

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Are you talking about Sujung? She was always closer to Wheesa even when training to be in Mamamoo

AnonymouslyAnon
Reactions:

Guest wrote:
12 Jun 2023, 17:43
Guest wrote:

and her taste

I’m the one who asked about Wheein. I appreciate the videos, always fun looking back. But I hadn’t seen the one where she does the scissor hand and when I tell you I CACKLED.

I love Wheein’s quality of just being bluntly honest at the funniest moments and sometimes it catches the members off guard lol. Like those vids of her being the third wheel to moonsun or chopping down whatever moonsun were getting up to.

I asked if she’s Bi cause I really don’t know much about her but things will pop into my mind like the ggbb blue and white girls who like girls boys who like boys shirt, that one rainbow pride looking shirt she wore a few times, the short hair comment, isn’t there one time she asked if she looks like she can seduce all the women? So I was just curious if anyone knew of any substantial gossip.

AnonymouslyAnon
Reactions:

Guest wrote:

It’s really difficult to ever guess what was going on with moonsun at any given period. Every year there’s been iconic ms moments. But that does kind of make it even trickier trying to figure out their relationship.

At times I question it simply because love can be so fickle in general, so hard to maintain when in a regular relationship, now imagine a relationship between two idols in the same girl group. Maybe I’m jaded but I question how they could spend a decade together and still be so in love? Obviously there has been noticeable stages in the relationship over the years but to see them in 2023

- still look at each other with so much love
- still occasionally, though much less frequently, bother one another in flirty ways
- YS touching MB’s neck (I don’t think it was accidental, she just tried playing it off as such when the photographer reacted to it) and MB looking like it gave her goosebumps
- still spending so much time together

it just feels like too much of a fairytale if I’m being honest. Which is pretty funny to me that we appear to have so much proof but that that’s also exactly what makes it occasionally seem too good to be true. To be fair Wheesa’s friendship is still as strong as ever. They also spent the US tour going on little trips around the cities together just like ms did.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Wasabi wrote:
13 Jun 2023, 06:22
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

A few things:

And yet it's still gayer than anything that Wheein has released so far. I wish Wheein would keep her stans entertained, clearly they're bored.
I'm gonna say this as someone who could care less about whatever W does with her music, considering I don't like her solo work, but I wish you dumb MB stans would stop being so butthurt whenever anyone bothers to talk about any of the other members being possibly queer and or having some inkling of that reflected in their work.

So I guess MB is ableist since she had a hand in the idiocy that was Lunatic since she's so involved in her work. See how dumb you sound?

Two things could be true at once aka W can be bi and Byul is still gay even if they both had men work on their music, and the more the merrier as far as my gay ass sees it.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

AnonymouslyAnon wrote:
13 Jun 2023, 19:12
Guest wrote:

It’s really difficult to ever guess what was going on with moonsun at any given period. Every year there’s been iconic ms moments. But that does kind of make it even trickier trying to figure out their relationship.

At times I question it simply because love can be so fickle in general, so hard to maintain when in a regular relationship, now imagine a relationship between two idols in the same girl group. Maybe I’m jaded but I question how they could spend a decade together and still be so in love? Obviously there has been noticeable stages in the relationship over the years but to see them in 2023

- still look at each other with so much love
- still occasionally, though much less frequently, bother one another in flirty ways
- YS touching MB’s neck (I don’t think it was accidental, she just tried playing it off as such when the photographer reacted to it) and MB looking like it gave her goosebumps
- still spending so much time together

it just feels like too much of a fairytale if I’m being honest. Which is pretty funny to me that we appear to have so much proof but that that’s also exactly what makes it occasionally seem too good to be true. To be fair Wheesa’s friendship is still as strong as ever. They also spent the US tour going on little trips around the cities together just like ms did.
I think there are a few things that might contribute to this, they're not exactly fairytale. They don't live together and see each other 24/7, they have their own private space to retreat to and when they were going through solo cb stuff barely got to see each other for months. Absence makes the heart grow fonder etc, I think the time they do get to spend with each other is precious to them. I'm actually in the camp that during US tour when MB mentioned on bubble that she's staying alone in her own room that she was telling the truth. I feel like they may have needed a break from rooming together so much since maybe they're not used to doing it for such an extended period

Also that time MB said "you can only last long by annoying each other" might be kinda true. They (mostly MB) seem to genuinely irritate each other sometimes so it's not all sunshine and butterflies. I guess it keeps it interesting for them. But also if that 4 hour naked YS fight is any indication, they clearly put work into fixing issues when they come up. It's very sweet that it feels like they fight very hard to keep the relationship going.