SNSD

Reactions:

Re: SNSD

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 May 2023, 19:40
How much influence do you think SM has when it comes to the actor's choice of projects? I was just watching Seohyun in Hello Dracula and the fact she played a lesbian (yay!) and was in that Love and Leashes movie made me wonder if she would have had a harder time accepting those roles had she still been in that company (because I guess they are considered at least somewhat controversial?).
I think in general sm's actor unit seems to not see the potential their actors have. I guess that in the end it's them who accept the roles but it makes me wonder if they even get sent a variety of roles or just the ones the agents seem to fit their image, but for Seohyun I think even if she was still in sm she would've fought and played them (not so sure about hello dracula since it was a small special drama thing jtbc did but certainly love and leashes) since she already fought for creative freedom when releasing her solo and managed to do it as she wanted. You only mentioned Seohyun but since it's about SM influence I think Yoona and Yuri do seem to be typecast a lot, it changed with bossam and big mouth (but yuri still went to another bubbly character with good job) so let's hope this whole SM 3.0 also gives them more opportunities to try more "bold" roles like the maknae did.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 May 2023, 21:48
Guest wrote:
How much influence do you think SM has when it comes to the actor's choice of projects? I was just watching Seohyun in Hello Dracula and the fact she played a lesbian (yay!) and was in that Love and Leashes movie made me wonder if she would have had a harder time accepting those roles had she still been in that company (because I guess they are considered at least somewhat controversial?).
I think in general sm's actor unit seems to not see the potential their actors have. I guess that in the end it's them who accept the roles but it makes me wonder if they even get sent a variety of roles or just the ones the agents seem to fit their image, but for Seohyun I think even if she was still in sm she would've fought and played them (not so sure about hello dracula since it was a small special drama thing jtbc did but certainly love and leashes) since she already fought for creative freedom when releasing her solo and managed to do it as she wanted. You only mentioned Seohyun but since it's about SM influence I think Yoona and Yuri do seem to be typecast a lot, it changed with bossam and big mouth (but yuri still went to another bubbly character with good job) so let's hope this whole SM 3.0 also gives them more opportunities to try more "bold" roles like the maknae did.
da
Oh bro she was up for major roles that ended up going to other popular girl group members. "Architecture 101" which went to Suzy (Miss A) and "Train to Busan" which went to Sohee (Wonder Girls). I'm not sure if they wouldn't let her audition, or if she landed the role and SM wouldn't let her accept. But either way is bullshit. They were both movies and acting-line hadn't done movies yet at those points, not even Yoona. I dunno if movie vs. drama had anything to do with it. Plus, each shooting schedule came up during busy times in their careers.

2011-2012: heavy Japan promotions, the Boys comeback, and a bunch of international SMTowns
2015: Recollect, reorganize, rework, re-record, etc. post 9/30. There were bigger plans for CMIYC as a pre-release for a mini but that was all scrapped. Then that triple title song era w/ Party, Lion Heart, You Think and then the Phantasia tour

SM probably didn't want her to get distracted and put one thing over the other (ehem :eyeroll: ) but they should have given her a choice. Not realistic of course because there is no autonomy in Kpop. If given the choice though, I think she would do what's most realistic for her to handle. If she thought it would interfere with her SNSD activities, I don't think she would have done them, and vice versa. In the end, I'm actually glad it happened this way because it pushed her further to leave SM and have the flourishing acting career she has now with an interesting and diverse resume.

Sorry for the essay. Honestly didn't plan to add all these other details but context is important right?

(Lastly, Suzy and Sohee were nowhere near as crucial to the sound of their groups' music as Seohyun is to SNSD, so yeah, that fact fits in there somewhere)

So excited for this though:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

^^
Also!
I would love for her to be in an English-speaking production. Obviously, pushing into the Western market is not everyone's goal, nor should it be, but I think she would smash it if she was. Oh she'd be so good. Ma Dong Seok (huge guy in poster) did Marvel (Eternals), so he could've given advice if she asked him.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

cute yoona

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

thi served so hard

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Look at Seohyun :love:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Yeah I assume they make the final decision but like you say we don't know the process before that. I guess I thought about it knowing how Seohyun had to fight for creative freedom with her solo and although that was music and the group was still active at the time it made me wonder if SM would be like "here's a script about a dom/sub relationship I think it'd be great for you" lol. But it could just be that they themselves gravitates towards certain types of projects too. I feel like Seohyun deliberately has tried to get rid of the "innocent maknae" image and show other sides of herself through some of her roles (and likes to challenge herself in general).

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
28 May 2023, 20:04
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Yeah I assume they make the final decision but like you say we don't know the process before that. I guess I thought about it knowing how Seohyun had to fight for creative freedom with her solo and although that was music and the group was still active at the time it made me wonder if SM would be like "here's a script about a dom/sub relationship I think it'd be great for you" lol. But it could just be that they themselves gravitates towards certain types of projects too. I feel like Seohyun deliberately has tried to get rid of the "innocent maknae" image and show other sides of herself through some of her roles (and likes to challenge herself in general).
I think so too! but for YoonYul I feel like Yuri has this ~thirst~ of challenging herself in different roles and projects, I think all that's missing is a team behind her that allows her to spread her wings more. But in fact the roles the maknae chooses always feel fresh and bold, looking forward to her next adventures! speacially that netflix drama with namgil that looks really promising.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

This girl caught Yuri 'stalking' her IG, lol. She's super cute, that's kinda sus :hmmm:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
31 May 2023, 03:35
This girl caught Yuri 'stalking' her IG, lol. She's super cute, that's kinda sus :hmmm:
this so random :rofl: do you think yuri forgets she's famous or she just doesn't care? btw the other two posts she liked are these ones

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

she looks gayer in casual clothing

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
31 May 2023, 13:49
I bet SYJ misses her :gay:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
31 May 2023, 15:27

blonde streaks! they look great on her

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
31 May 2023, 11:09
Guest wrote:
31 May 2023, 03:35
this so random :rofl: do you think yuri forgets she's famous or she just doesn't care? btw the other two posts she liked are these ones
idk if it's just me who can't see the pictures but one is like 4 women standing in clothing similar to seulgi's 28 reasons photos and the other is the girl squatting knee to chest wearing a jeans and topless

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Still waiting for my chance to see her or OT8 :dramaqueen:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Looking at the The Odd of love setlist and why no "Why"? :unsure:
I'm no expert when it comes to her solo stuff, but that is my personal fave and always thought is was such a stone cold classic.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I see that those 1/2nd gen SM idols often say - fuck the rules, we will have live band and honestly, they are right.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

full drawing our moments fancam :wub:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I admit that Taeyeon was never my favorite in SNSD, but one thing i'm a fan off and it's her talent and her music and i'd pay anything to go see her in concert if she tours near me even though i don't follow her beyond listening to every release and i have a rule of not going to Kpop concerts i'll break it for her. The concert looked amazing and she served everything, i'm so glad she got a live band.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
31 May 2023, 15:27
the gift that keeps on giving

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
03 Jun 2023, 19:52
full drawing our moments fancam :wub:
this and wine are my fave ballads :bigcry:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

tiffany with gifts

also g idle

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
04 Jun 2023, 08:06
tiffany with gifts

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Aww :wub:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

lmao soona so extra

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

There is no soshi if they didnt fought for it. I love this girls.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
04 Jun 2023, 08:24
Guest wrote:
04 Jun 2023, 08:06
tiffany with gifts
Tiffany arrived with Yein. Didn't think the two of them were friends (or more idk). If you have kept up with Yein she is like, gay gay. Ig they got acquainted now since they are under the same label.

anyways, best manager shosho was also at the concert

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

She so dramatic hahah

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

but where is tiffany doe

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

fuck off she really bouth that flowers 😭 mother ship!!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

anyone here planning on attending?
maybe we're getting the second scene? :fingcross:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

.. We’ve been together for a long time so we know each other well, but I think it’s a blessing that I have friends beside me with whom we still have a lot to talk about whenever we meet. It felt as if we were being compensated for the days we lived intensely together.
:heart:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Ladies I am gagged. I think it's an accidental leak from the choreographer? Just saw on my timeline and wow. Have a feeling it'll get taken down. I do feel bad when artist's stuff gets leaked though so I hope she's not freaking out.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
06 Jun 2023, 09:10
Ladies I am gagged. I think it's an accidental leak from the choreographer? Just saw on my timeline and wow. Have a feeling it'll get taken down. I do feel bad when artist's stuff gets leaked though so I hope she's not freaking out.
This reminds me of one of SNSD songs or more like another song since it was a cover, Mercy?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

lol cutie yoona and seo

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

last one :wub:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
10 Jun 2023, 04:48
that descended into chaos so fast. sunny at the end and minho asking them to stop talking :rofl:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
10 Jun 2023, 13:11
Guest wrote:
10 Jun 2023, 04:48
that descended into chaos so fast. sunny at the end and minho asking them to stop talking :rofl:
i can't with yuri looking like she was dozing off and the question caught her off guard. and sooyoung exposing hyo's script :rofl:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Glass Kwon marry me she sounds so good!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Lol..crumbs

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 Jun 2023, 10:34
Glass Kwon marry me she sounds so good!
i hope all this fanmeeting preparation awakens her idol roots again and she comes back with the second scene! her voice has so much potential i wish we could hear it more

Reactions:

Post by Guest »