IRENE of RED VELVET

Reactions:

Re: IRENE of RED VELVET

Post by Guest »

da

There were three people who set the fans on the edge:
1. The male fan during concert with a banner about the Jeju trip.
2. A starstruck Chinese in the elevator.
3. The creepy male fan who asked the hotel receptionist where the girls' rooms were

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
10 Jun 2023, 04:08
da

There were three people who set the fans on the edge:
1. The male fan during concert with a banner about the Jeju trip.
2. A starstruck Chinese in the elevator.
3. The creepy male fan who asked the hotel receptionist where the girls' rooms were
DA seems unfair to single out Cfans like OP did then. That’s not to say they’re wholly innocent but it’s clearly a variety of people being creepy to varying degrees: ifans, kfans, cfans. Kpop just enables it, that vlive where ssgs are calling them and they’re telling people not to call epitomizes this. Also people don’t remember this but chobomseulrene basically stalked Irene and the others last year, when they flew in for MIK.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Herself
Reactions:

Post by Herself »

Wendy is Irene's real love no doubt. watch wenrene videos for the truth

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Herself wrote:
11 Jun 2023, 13:22
I won't knock people for shipping but I have to ask what vids are you watching

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Herself wrote:
Don't bring shipping here. Irene does not see them that way.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
11 Jun 2023, 14:12
Herself wrote:
Shut up homophobic akgae

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
11 Jun 2023, 14:28
Guest wrote:
Herself wrote:
Shut up homophobic akgae
I am not homophobic :rofl:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Herself wrote:
I don't ship, and no ship is real imo and i want some of whatever drugs op is having to claim that because lol but you don't know Irene to make such affirmations about how she views anything. So give it a rest maybe with the projection?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
11 Jun 2023, 15:08
Guest wrote:
Herself wrote:
I don't ship, and no ship is real imo and i want some of whatever drugs op is having to claim that because lol but you don't know Irene to make such affirmations about how she views anything. So give it a rest maybe with the projection?
Irene has said she really sees them as her real sisters. Other groups say this just to keep their family narrative and you can tell it's fake but when irene has talked about this you can tell it was said genuinely as you know she really does care about them and takes her leader role seriously. There are people who believe irene and wendy are really dating for real but when it was valentine's day, wendy said she didn't even know it was valentine's day.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
11 Jun 2023, 15:42
Guest wrote:
11 Jun 2023, 15:08
Guest wrote:
Herself wrote:
Irene has said she really sees them as her real sisters. Other groups say this just to keep their family narrative and you can tell it's fake but when irene has talked about this you can tell it was said genuinely as you know she really does care about them and takes her leader role seriously. There are people who believe irene and wendy are really dating for real but when it was valentine's day, wendy said she didn't even know it was valentine's day.
I know how delusion works and i can't stand it, and shippers clearly ignore facts and events that are happening in front of them. The Jazz festival event should have been the biggest indication, her not knowing Seulgi's interests should be another indication for the other ship.
But when it comes to how she feels about anything, she hasn't said a thing in years now and people change. We barely know a thing about her let alone her real feelings and views. She's the leader and the oldest, her saying this in their early days is a must. The least we can do about anything related to her, not just this topic since she we haven't had her perspective in ages, is not to speak for her. It's basic show of respect.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Irene has said she really sees them as her real sisters.
Please source. I want to see the context. Da.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
11 Jun 2023, 16:02
Guest wrote:
She said this in lup press conference in 2020

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
11 Jun 2023, 16:18
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Hmmm, I wouldn't use that to justify the statement that Irene does not see them that way. It's different from saying Wendy forgot Valentine's Day existed so you don't think they're lovers or whatever; I also believe that none of the members were dating each other in 2020 lol but oldies know Irene displayed behavior that goes beyond sisterly affection towards them except Yeri, if you catch my drift.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
11 Jun 2023, 16:18
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

da I beg you to learn what dongsaeng implies and how it can be used in several contexts and also was she expected to say they're scissoring (not saying they are, these people barely see each other outside of work)?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

people make me so confused. is she close to them or not? if she thinks of them as her real sisters then obviously there's a good level of closeness we can't judge but if you think they're not close at all then it's just a fanservice line to you right? if there was something more why not hide it? do you feel like Irene is genuine or not? IMO neither scenarios - closeness or lack thereof is an indication of how she actually feels about them individually or about others yet people always use things like this in their arguments. if I had a dime for every time someone said a person they liked or were actually fooling around with or dating was like a younger or older sibling to them I'd be filthy rich.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
11 Jun 2023, 18:04
people make me so confused. is she close to them or not? if she thinks of them as her real sisters then obviously there's a good level of closeness we can't judge but if you think they're not close at all then it's just a fanservice line to you right? if there was something more why not hide it? do you feel like Irene is genuine or not? IMO neither scenarios - closeness or lack thereof is an indication of how she actually feels about them individually or about others yet people always use things like this in their arguments. if I had a dime for every time someone said a person they liked or were actually fooling around with or dating was like a younger or older sibling to them I'd be filthy rich.
I think it's less deeper than that, they spent years working and living together and that naturally creates a bond between them. That doesn't mean they are bffs or dating, because it's clear that now that they all live separately they lead their own lives and have their own friends add to that they seem so different and at different ages and life stages. So what we see isn't a conspiracy at all and it doesn't mean they are fanservicing because please when did RV ever did that except playing on Seulrene for Aseul and even then the fanservice came from the staff and not them per se. So to me it's just life.

Plus there is no hiding anything, it's not a conspiracy. Irene is simply private and doesn't share anything so ofc that includes when she might hangs out with the members as well. If anything it makes whatever they have now more genuine, that when they do have a chance to meet they enjoy that instead of using it to fanservice. But you can still easily reach conclusions from the snippets we see and from what they say, which imo shows that they aren't as close as people expect them to be or dating as the shippers claim or in love.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Filthy rich? What kinds of people are you surrounding yourself with and/or why are you capping. I'd wouldn't even be one cent richer because I've never heard or seen that ever.

If a crush/prospect/girlfriend ever said i was like sibling to them even jokingly I'd baby barf in my mouth.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
11 Jun 2023, 19:17
Guest wrote:
Filthy rich? What kinds of people are you surrounding yourself with and/or why are you capping. I'd wouldn't even be one cent richer because I've never heard or seen that ever.

If a crush/prospect/girlfriend ever said i was like sibling to them even jokingly I'd baby barf in my mouth.
da the day some of you accept the nuance of foreign languages you don't speak, the world will end. Dude Koreans use that shit for people they end up dating. They literally use that to describe a junior or someone younger or an acquaintance and not just actual siblings. How many idols called a junior their dongsaeng and ended up dating them? Tons

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

I'm not lying celebrities do this all the time?? people will say shit like that in interviews and on TV while actually dating said person <_< especially when they're in a position where they want to hide it. that aside, I was just trying to make a point about not taking things that celebs say like that so seriously or at face value. in reality we don't know what they actually feel or think.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Da sorry anon but do you not follow other idols? This is like the standard answer for idols to give when talking about their members. MS are a classic example of this. Unnie/donsaeng doesn't necessarily mean they're speaking in a literal way. Korean is not as direct as English.
Anyway, i don't think irene is dating any of them cause clearly they're not as close as they used to be when they were living in the dorms and ig the chances of Irene dating a non-celeb is higher. But, never say never cause we don't truly know much about this woman

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I'm essentially an Irene solo fan but I think she has the best chemistry with Seulgi :rofl: Both the Birthday podcast and the Beg for Me segment with the two of them proved that. Plus, I found their photos in Germany quite cute. She's like an extra level of relaxed around her, smiles more freely etc. But if we're going to speculate, I think she goes for non-celebs too ^^

Personally though idc much anymore like the tour showed me that I just genuinely love seeing her perform and sing. She was glowing in Europe, she looked so happy and was truly enjoying the moment, you could see how she was really feeling herself in London, she was expressive in her dancing/facial expressions/interactions with the crowd. Like there's no doubt about it, this is her element. I just want her solo album and then for her to do a fan meeting tour like EX0 SC are doing. If she gets her solo, I wouldn't mind an RV comeback or Aseul2 after and more touring. Let's go singerene! :dance2:

Look at her!!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 Jun 2023, 04:14
I'm essentially an Irene solo fan but I think she has the best chemistry with Seulgi :rofl: Both the Birthday podcast and the Beg for Me segment with the two of them proved that. Plus, I found their photos in Germany quite cute. She's like an extra level of relaxed around her, smiles more freely etc. But if we're going to speculate, I think she goes for non-celebs too ^^

Personally though idc much anymore like the tour showed me that I just genuinely love seeing her perform and sing. She was glowing in Europe, she looked so happy and was truly enjoying the moment, you could see how she was really feeling herself in London, she was expressive in her dancing/facial expressions/interactions with the crowd. Like there's no doubt about it, this is her element. I just want her solo album and then for her to do a fan meeting tour like EX0 SC are doing. If she gets her solo, I wouldn't mind an RV comeback or Aseul2 after and more touring. Let's go singerene! :dance2:

Look at her!!
Da absolutely agreed on the bolded part. And yeah she was looking so happy while on tour. She was enjoying so much with the fans and dancing like rent was due lol. But what I loved the most about the tour is that she and the members could see on their own that they have a lot of fans overseas. That sure was a confidence boost. I really hope she's back on stage soon. SM better not fuck up things for them again

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Life's so boring without her. I wonder what she's up to. We don't even know if she's still in Europe or already back in Korea :bigcry:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Our girl is in Portugal, with her mom! So sweet, hope she had a blast. It’s interesting to me that she only started getting spotted now, maybe she was doing something before and now got seen? Or maybe there aren’t that many Portuguese fans lol. I know in the past, they managed to film stuff without people knowing, so.

Also, this may hurt personally but judging by the insanity of the akgaes of the other members, I hope she keeps everything close to her chest and only releases info when its time. Keep everything locked down. Hopefully the videos she took come out starting next month. I am still expecting BJH1 in Q4 or Q1 next year. I don’t see why she would start taking suggestions about programs so early if she wasn’t anticipating it. Not sure about RV3 or encore concerts, personally I would prefer if they did RV3 after BJH1 (or maybe the other way around would be better for her, idk) and then touring again. I loved seeing Irene so happy during R to V but the set list and production could be much improved. Rather they get a fresh start.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 Jun 2023, 15:46
Our girl is in Portugal, with her mom! So sweet, hope she had a blast. It’s interesting to me that she only started getting spotted now, maybe she was doing something before and now got seen? Or maybe there aren’t that many Portuguese fans lol. I know in the past, they managed to film stuff without people knowing, so.

Also, this may hurt personally but judging by the insanity of the akgaes of the other members, I hope she keeps everything close to her chest and only releases info when its time. Keep everything locked down. Hopefully the videos she took come out starting next month. I am still expecting BJH1 in Q4 or Q1 next year. I don’t see why she would start taking suggestions about programs so early if she wasn’t anticipating it. Not sure about RV3 or encore concerts, personally I would prefer if they did RV3 after BJH1 (or maybe the other way around would be better for her, idk) and then touring again. I loved seeing Irene so happy during R to V but the set list and production could be much improved. Rather they get a fresh start.
Wow thanks for the info anon! So her mom is the short haired lady right? Irene is definitely preparing for her solo, we all know it's coming! Waiting is the hard part, really :lol:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Jun 2023, 07:35
Guest wrote:
20 Jun 2023, 15:46

Wow thanks for the info anon! So her mom is the short haired lady right? Irene is definitely preparing for her solo, we all know it's coming! Waiting is the hard part, really :lol:
the short haired lady with white jacket not the black jachet

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

:blinkwide:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Throwback to five days ago, 190623 @ 0:06 secs audio:
OP: Unnie, you picked "The Notebook" as your life-time movie, what do you like about it?

IRENE: First of all~! Rachel McAdams is so beautiful... too beautiful.

(Even after that, Irene kept on talking about Rachel McAdams' beauty. Irene likes "The Notebook" because of her beauty)
Someone should bring up the Rachels (McAdams and Weisz) during fan calls. I'm sure she'll enjoy that convo. :lol:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Just rewatched this

So sad J*e J*e got cancelled. Irene genuinely enjoyed the show with her. She even signed their friendship certificate with her actual name! :(

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
30 Jun 2023, 06:19
Just rewatched this

So sad J*e J*e got cancelled. Irene genuinely enjoyed the show with her. She even signed their friendship certificate with her actual name! :(
got cancelled by who?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
30 Jun 2023, 12:51
Guest wrote:
Just rewatched this

got cancelled by who?
The host got into a controversy..and was banned?
Too bad since the guests in her show always have a good laugh!

Irene enjoyed her time in their episode and it might be possible that she also reached out to J*e J*e as someone who went through the industry's unfair and misogynistic treatment...

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
30 Jun 2023, 22:55
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Just rewatched this

got cancelled by who?

Irene enjoyed her time in their episode and it might be possible that she also reached out to J*e J*e as someone who went through the industry's unfair and misogynistic treatment...
No?? her show is still there on YouTube the most recent ep being Shinee for their latest comeback uploaded just yesterday? <_< I hope if RV or Irene release anything way later this year they'll go back

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
01 Jul 2023, 00:31
Guest wrote:
30 Jun 2023, 22:55
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Just rewatched this

got cancelled by who?

No?? her show is still there on YouTube the most recent ep being Shinee for their latest comeback uploaded just yesterday? <_< I hope if RV or Irene release anything way later this year they'll go back
Good to know she's back! She's an awesome host! Irene should definitely go back :dance2:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I am 95% sure Irene has this
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperacusis

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
03 Jul 2023, 07:16
she just has big ears

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
I think we should avoid diagnosing her based on a Google search. She's very sensitive to loud sounds; we're all in agreement about that so let's leave it there.

In other news, what did yall think about the 2nd tour video vlog? I'm a sucker for Yermseulrene :bigcry:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
23 Jul 2023, 22:57
Guest wrote:
I think we should avoid diagnosing her based on a Google search. She's very sensitive to loud sounds; we're all in agreement about that so let's leave it there.

In other news, what did yall think about the 2nd tour video vlog? I'm a sucker for Yermseulrene :bigcry:
Me too. And that whole sequence of Seulgi buying magnets and giving a pair to Irene is too cute.

I also noticed that she's never alone for all her parts in the group vlog. So, there's still hope for Warhol S2 or solo vlog, maybe? I remember she was spotted alone in Disneyland and some other places with camera.

Carlyle
Reactions:

Post by Carlyle »

The Live was quite boring but the girls looked stunning; Irene and Joy were particularly breathtaking! Irene's dress was really pretty as well :goldstar:
I really hope they remain a group but I also hope they sign with a different, more competent company.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

There’s a side of me that concedes that Irene just releasing a solo album out of the blue in 2023 would be a bad idea, especially since Wanda stans are mad to the point that I’ve seen some blaming Rene for their girl’s problems but I am getting very tired of waiting…..she hasn’t done anything this year and I want to roll my eyes to the back of my head when I see some of the complaints other people have. Ffs either SM has really promised her something in 2024 (I’m guessing it’s likely given that Sg talking about 11, 12, and 13) - maybe they held it over her head as a bargaining chip - OR she’s gone (doubt). I do think for a project as big as a solo, given her extreme attention to detail, it will naturally take time and the results will be good but I also think she’s been working on it for a while so 😭😭😭💀💀💀. Anyway, I am desperate for some solo content from her, I am not a group hater but I only rlly keep up with kpop for her. I can wait but give us YouTube, SM station, warhol, a fan meeting, something idk.

As for Rv3 if it’s a good concept with a velvet sound and lots of Irene screen and vocal time and promotions, it’ll serve as a stopgap.

Always with Juhyun unnie 😭😞

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
02 Aug 2023, 09:15
There’s a side of me that concedes that Irene just releasing a solo album out of the blue in 2023 would be a bad idea, especially since Wanda stans are mad to the point that I’ve seen some blaming Rene for their girl’s problems but I am getting very tired of waiting…..she hasn’t done anything this year and I want to roll my eyes to the back of my head when I see some of the complaints other people have. Ffs either SM has really promised her something in 2024 (I’m guessing it’s likely given that Sg talking about 11, 12, and 13) - maybe they held it over her head as a bargaining chip - OR she’s gone (doubt). I do think for a project as big as a solo, given her extreme attention to detail, it will naturally take time and the results will be good but I also think she’s been working on it for a while so 😭😭😭💀💀💀. Anyway, I am desperate for some solo content from her, I am not a group hater but I only rlly keep up with kpop for her. I can wait but give us YouTube, SM station, warhol, a fan meeting, something idk.

As for Rv3 if it’s a good concept with a velvet sound and lots of Irene screen and vocal time and promotions, it’ll serve as a stopgap.

Guest wrote:
01 Aug 2023, 16:03
Seulgi: We will keep going for our 10th, 11th and more. Let's have fun together.
@1:21:28
I love Seulgi the most next to Irene but she was probably speaking for the group, sm never disbands a group even if some members leave 😭. The members said she's always drawing on her ipad meaning she's jobless, it's unfair for her. She already stated she's the happiest when on stage performing. I already predicted Wendy's solo was going to be next year. My other guess was Irene's solo is be going to be a bait. If stays she will get a solo. It's also possible that she stills get a solo but finds a better company or if the solo doesn't happen then I'm sure she's not gonna stay there.
Twitter wrote:So few more months of her waiting on the group cb while others get their solo activities?
11:53 PM · Aug 1, 2023
Her fans deserve more than just a Warhol vlog. Don't settle for less people.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
02 Aug 2023, 09:55
Guest wrote:
02 Aug 2023, 09:15

Guest wrote:
01 Aug 2023, 16:03
Seulgi: We will keep going for our 10th, 11th and more. Let's have fun together.
@1:21:28
I love Seulgi the most next to Irene but she was probably speaking for the group, sm never disbands a group even if some members leave 😭. The members said she's always drawing on her ipad meaning she's jobless, it's unfair for her. She already stated she's the happiest when on stage performing. I already predicted Wendy's solo was going to be next year. My other guess was Irene's solo is be going to be a bait. If stays she will get a solo. It's also possible that she stills get a solo but finds a better company or if the solo doesn't happen then I'm sure she's not gonna stay there.
Twitter wrote:So few more months of her waiting on the group cb while others get their solo activities?
11:53 PM · Aug 1, 2023
Her fans deserve more than just a Warhol vlog. Don't settle for less people.
SA well the thing is we know from EX0 that they started pushing for renewals around a year before the contract was due to expire. They had EX0 sign 5 year deals. I’m not sure what they will try for RV. Someone pointed out that Sh1nee are getting a ton of stuff this year, as are SNSD, comparatively. I wonder if Sh1nee signed a +5 deal in 2018 since none had done service until then, making 2023 their renewal year and hence that means SM are twerking for them. $NSD probably are done this year as well, since 2017 -> 2020 -> 2023. So I think they’re honestly scrambling to do it by year. EX0’s official 10 years ended last year, and you saw them giving those men like 5 solos in 2022 and there were an additional 2 this year.

I think they will probably try to do the same for RV in 2024. If Irene doesn’t do anything the whole year, she’s probably leaving. My worry is we get RV3, then RV repackage, then Wanda, and then they decide to tour in April again and she has no time to do anything so it never comes out. Or it might be in Q2 or Q3 of next year. I am okay if it comes out in March but no later than that. But ATP if she stays, she really ought to be pressing to get more out of SM. I know she’s been working on it the entire year so it should be done but :-/. The frustrating thing is that there’s no way to do anything more than complain on kwangya bc useless kfans won’t do tricks. They said they’d consider it if she doesn’t have a solo and activities this year and it seems to be the case so they better ready them.

If she goes, I am fine with waiting even more but honestly I am not convinced it will happen unless at least 1 other member will go. SM had no qualms about pushing the same gpj1l narrative for CBX, and Irene has no such protection. Honestly I am upset, I gave them so much time, I was patient, but this is just egregious at this point. 3 years of zilch while mr hoeing it up during a pandemic is releasing his solo CB this year after a Japanese album earlier this year and also acted last year. Like wtf, I am frustrated. we need some hope in either direction.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

IRENEEEE... the people (I) need you :bigcry:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 Aug 2023, 04:24
IRENEEEE... the people (I) need you :bigcry:
Even webseries will do :bigcry:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Right, I'll take anything atp :nails:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
14 Aug 2023, 15:08

They take care of her so well but I'm always so wary of these bars bc they sometimes act like they own the girls. Still, this was really cute :wub:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

This cutie pie. I hope there really will be one for each city of their Europe tour.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
17 Aug 2023, 03:19
This cutie pie. I hope there really will be one for each city of their Europe tour.
She’s so flipping adorable. I love her vlogs they are so fun to watch always. It just reminds me why no one compares to Irene. Also her teasing us before it was released is so Irene. Not surprised that so many fall in love with her after watching her vlogs when they didn’t know what her personality was like before. I’ve seen so many comments from people and also on weibo that they are now fans from a simple vlog. I can’t wait til her next vlog.