Korean Dramas

Reactions:

Re: Korean Dramas

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
28 May 2023, 04:16
Guest wrote:
26 May 2023, 04:31
I'm watching Sell Your Haunted House. I'm 5 episodes into it and still want to continue watching.
Jang Na-ra is easy on the eyes. ^_^
Finished. Enjoyed this one. Her character remains front and center throughout every episode. No het "relationship" other than the kissless, sexless, platonic relationship between exorcist Hong (Jang Na-ra) and psychic In-beom (Jung Yong-hwa), who join together as a team exorcising spirits from haunted properties. The main relationship is Hong's with her dead mother, whose troubled and voiceless spirit has lingered close to Hong for 20 years.

A grab the popcorn, sit down, and relax series to spend some entertaining time with.
Where did you watch it?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
28 May 2023, 11:32
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
I'm watching Sell Your Haunted House. I'm 5 episodes into it and still want to continue watching.
Finished. Enjoyed this one. Her character remains front and center throughout every episode. No het "relationship" other than the kissless, sexless, platonic relationship between exorcist Hong (Jang Na-ra) and psychic In-beom (Jung Yong-hwa), who join together as a team exorcising spirits from haunted properties. The main relationship is Hong's with her dead mother, whose troubled and voiceless spirit has lingered close to Hong for 20 years.

A grab the popcorn, sit down, and relax series to spend some entertaining time with.
Where did you watch it?
Kokowa
https://www.kocowa.com/

Every week my cable service provides a "free" week of select premium subscription channels. It's a sales pitch to get people to sign up for them. This week Kokowa was available. But free-watch does not include access to a channel's entire library. I'm glad that SYHH was included because I'd been wanting to see it.

Roku has "free with ads" Kokowa available.

iamuami
Reactions: 9

Post by iamuami »

Guest wrote:
29 May 2023, 01:37
Guest wrote:
28 May 2023, 11:32
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Where did you watch it?
Kokowa
https://www.kocowa.com/

Every week my cable service provides a "free" week of select premium subscription channels. It's a sales pitch to get people to sign up for them. This week Kokowa was available. But free-watch does not include access to a channel's entire library. I'm glad that SYHH was included because I'd been wanting to see it.

Roku has "free with ads" Kokowa available.
Hate Xfinity :argh:

Thanks for the tip about Roku. Gonna have to check it out!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Lee Bo Young is acting in a new drama, The Agency, on Netflix.
She's a hardened advertising executive racing to the top.
Lots of women in the show.
Nothing lesbian as far as I can see. Not a touchy feely show but not bad.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

The drought has gone on for so long I started watching Mr Sunshine for Kim Taeri

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
11 Jun 2023, 14:51
The drought has gone on for so long I started watching Mr Sunshine for Kim Taeri
Mr. Sunshine ruined me that I didnt watch another kdrama for about a year. The characters deaths, especially Hino's really did me in. Her character, beauty and wardrobes(kimonos) were unforgettable. Oh hell maybe I'll go watch it again just like you, but for her :lol:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Her new drama will be out in less than 2 weeks, but I don't know if I can watch horror, unless there is someone next to me lol.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
11 Jun 2023, 17:53
Guest wrote:
Mr. Sunshine ruined me that I didnt watch another kdrama for about a year. The characters deaths, especially Hino's really did me in. Her character, beauty and wardrobes(kimonos) were unforgettable. Oh hell maybe I'll go watch it again just like you, but for her :lol:
Oh damn (mega spoilers ahead)
Also yeah I wanna watch her next drama but too much horror lol. Maybe a horror fan can tell us about the non scary parts

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

^
Oh shit, I’m so sorry, I should have used spoiler tags anon. My apologies.

Knowing me , I’ll probably watch Reenant, but will skip the scary scenes and turn down the volume so no jump scare.
Maybe we should watch it, and warn each other? 🤣

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 Jun 2023, 20:01
^
Oh shit, I’m so sorry, I should have used spoiler tags anon. My apologies.

Knowing me , I’ll probably watch Reenant, but will skip the scary scenes and turn down the volume so no jump scare.
Maybe we should watch it, and warn each other? 🤣
What a great proposal! I will probably read the recaps and just watch the 1 minute or so of non scary scenes. Will report back if I can haha.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Jun 2023, 00:32
Woohoo!! I'd think Moon Sori will probably act as the troupe director, based on her looks. She looks more suitable as Kim Taeri's characters' mother, actually.
I'm not familiar with Ra Miran - wonder what role she will be?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Is there anything possibly gay in Battle of Happiness? Some of the stuff two of the actresses have been posting on Instagram kind of makes it seem like there could be but it's probably just wishful thinking.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
16 Jun 2023, 16:27
Guest wrote:
Woohoo!! I'd think Moon Sori will probably act as the troupe director, based on her looks. She looks more suitable as Kim Taeri's characters' mother, actually.
I'm not familiar with Ra Miran - wonder what role she will be?
Lol She did play Kim Tae-ri’s mom in Little Forest
Da

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
16 Jun 2023, 23:13
Is there anything possibly gay in Battle of Happiness? Some of the stuff two of the actresses have been posting on Instagram kind of makes it seem like there could be but it's probably just wishful thinking.
We all see what we want to see, until someone snaps their fingers and says "wake up'.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
16 Jun 2023, 23:13
Amazon Prime K-drama Battle for Happiness: mothers battle social media addictions in mystery drama, starring Lee El
South China Morning Post
https://www.scmp.com/lifestyle/k-pop/k- ... a-starring

Ugh. Another series about mothers. :yawn: This one involves a death by suicide or murder.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Is this show gay or is it more subtext?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
17 Jun 2023, 16:20
Guest wrote:
The webtoon is gay.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

It's funny how the first time I saw Han So Hee in Nevertheless I thought she was bland, actually only watched the Soljiwan scenes and sometimes her character's scenes with them and thought nothing of her, but after watching My Name I look at her instagram and candid pictures and find her the hottest woman on earth :pensivebread:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
19 Jun 2023, 17:32
It's funny how the first time I saw Han So Hee in Nevertheless I thought she was bland, actually only watched the Soljiwan scenes and sometimes her character's scenes with them and thought nothing of her, but after watching My Name I look at her instagram and candid pictures and find her the hottest woman on earth :pensivebread:
And she even did her own stunts :wub: it's rare to find kdrama actresses who can throw punches like that and ace choreo with such confidence, she's literally the only one out of the dozens of "strong female leads" who is actually strong and her storyline was so satisfying too. If anyone here is sick of all the passive female lead bs, watch My Name.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

My Name is the first K series I watched. It hooked me into watching K dramas.
She was damn good in this.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
17 Jun 2023, 16:26
Guest wrote:
17 Jun 2023, 16:20
Guest wrote:
The webtoon is gay.
Taeri seems to like gay productions quite a bit. I bet money is is full-blown lesbian. Just a feeling. Good chance Im wrong.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I like the lead actress of See You in My 19th Life but I’m not sure about the plot :nervous:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Anything on Shin ye eun ?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Jun 2023, 04:06
I like the lead actress of See You in My 19th Life but I’m not sure about the plot :nervous:
There’s so many things she could explore since she has the ability to remember her past lives but she chose to spend her 19th life babysitting a grown man. :fool:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
23 Jun 2023, 08:43
Guest wrote:
There’s so many things she could explore since she has the ability to remember her past lives but she chose to spend her 19th life babysitting a grown man. :fool:
Da it baffles me how these really interesting FL of kdramas can just make an exception or drop their entire life for a bland blueprint of a kdrama ML. They're all the same across every drama.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

"South Korea has become one of Netflix’s biggest suppliers of shows and movies, helping add global subscriptions from the Asia-Pacific region, which is the company’s fastest and most consistent source of growth."

Netflix co-CEO reveals ‘staggering 60%’ of subscribers have watched K-content
June 23, 2023
https://nextshark.com/netflix-sarandos- ... ea-content

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Anyone watching Lies Hidden in My Garden on Prime? How is it?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
so true :lol:
btw i was quite surprised watching the 1st ep of mrs durian (아씨두리안)
i've started it since it is a drama about time travelling but suddenly some character says to her mother-in-law that she has feelings for her... :queen:
now i have to keep watching!!!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
26 Jun 2023, 08:06
I don't think it's available in the US? I searched for it but nothing came up.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
28 Jun 2023, 22:14
Guest wrote:
My bad. I thought it was exclusively available on Prime but now I found out that it’s available on different streaming platforms depending on where you’re from. Maybe it’s streaming on Viki in the US.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
28 Jun 2023, 22:14
Guest wrote:
I'm in the U.S.
I just signed into amazon.com and searched the title. The VOD is not available in the U.S.
In the U.S. you can only buy the series soundtrack and 5 different versions of the poster for the series.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
14 Apr 2023, 18:31
Thank you, I'll watch it tonight. Sorry for ot, but how do I address a Korean woman who is more than twice my age? For example, if I ever meet and fall in love with a woman like Kim Hee ah or Moon So-ri, do I address her as unnie or ajumma? :$
tia
Bolded is the sure way for them (your crush women, no matter the old age!) to block you instantly :rofl:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
30 Jun 2023, 11:06
Guest wrote:
Thank you, I'll watch it tonight. Sorry for ot, but how do I address a Korean woman who is more than twice my age? For example, if I ever meet and fall in love with a woman like Kim Hee ah or Moon So-ri, do I address her as unnie or ajumma? :$
tia
Bolded is the sure way for them (your crush women, no matter the old age!) to block you instantly :rofl:
DA oooh why is that?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
30 Jun 2023, 16:43
Guest wrote:
30 Jun 2023, 11:06
Guest wrote:
tia
DA oooh why is that?
One example. In unofficial fan meetings (events, promotion talks, etc.) with MILFs (let's say, nearly 50+), there are enough teengirls who call their stars nothing but Unnie 언니 (much older than their moms), in front of their faces and online/social media. :rofl:

Ajumma 아줌마 has various connotations. In a few contexts, it can be used with love. Like some klez stans of MILF fondly/jokingly call themselves as ajumma-lovers... (but they still have to explain themselves in bio or sth, because other stans, lez, MILF-lovers understandably take offence due to the word's very very bad usage image...)

Most usage has been by women-hating men who look down on women. Not hot/attractive (for men), old (in this incel culture, they have been calling anyone over 30-35+ ajumma and old), not much worthy.

Then, in this misogynistic culture, there has been the culture of some women, even hot, wealthy or accomplished women, who habitually say (half jokingly) "Oh but I'm ajumma~" (= I'm old) in a self-deprecating way.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Finally watched 2521. Oh man I thought those fanmade music videos and tiktoks were exaggerating the relationship between the female leads. They weren't exaggerated nor taken out of context at all. It's THAT gay :rofl: everything is perfectly written for this to be one of the greatest GLs but they wasted it all for the boring het stuff. The girls are clearly more passionate about eachother, not the dudes.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Hi, does anyone know where I can watch 'Hello Dracula'?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
28 Jun 2023, 01:55
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
so true :lol:
btw i was quite surprised watching the 1st ep of mrs durian (아씨두리안)
i've started it since it is a drama about time travelling but suddenly some character says to her mother-in-law that she has feelings for her... :queen:
now i have to keep watching!!!
Mrs Durian's scene seems like gaybaiting though.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
04 Jul 2023, 23:42

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
10 Jul 2023, 18:10
Guest wrote:
Thank you, anon! :hug:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
10 Jul 2023, 20:14
Guest wrote:
10 Jul 2023, 18:10
Guest wrote:
Thank you, anon! :hug:
Just watched it

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

What's lesbian about Hello Dracula?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 Jul 2023, 16:27
What's lesbian about Hello Dracula?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I just finished watching Mr. Queen, and it is fun. It's a body-switch comedy where a modern-day chef called Jang Bong-hwan has a near-death accident that puts him in a coma, but his soul awakens in the Joseon era within the body of Kim So-yong (played by Shin Hye-sun), who commits suicide just before she is about to become Queen Cheorin.

"So-yong" thinks like a male and is manly, but must learn how to pass as a female -- and this is where the story gets way with a lot of lesbian undertones. Because Bong-hwan is a womanizer and in the body of So-yong remains attracted to women. In one scene, So-yong, dressed as a male, goes to a kisaeng parlour to get his chick-fix.

The character that dominates the series is Kim So-yong (you don't actually see Jang Bong-hwan that much other than in the beginning, briefly in the middle on the hospital bed, and at the end).

Shin Hye-sun is delightful to watch as So-yong/Bong-hwan.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Bad news for me

I wonder what the personal circumstances are :hmmm:
I hope it's not family problems/homophobia since all her family members seem to be very '' Christian''

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
04 Aug 2023, 06:33
Bad news for me

I hope it's not family problems/homophobia since all her family members seem to be very '' Christian''
Of all the actresses that were going to be on that show she's the one that seemed the most open minded when it comes to non-traditional views. She was my hope for playing a character who might actually be shown kissing another woman. Oh well, I'm sure it will be super straight now.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
04 Aug 2023, 19:24
Guest wrote:
Bad news for me

Of all the actresses that were going to be on that show she's the one that seemed the most open minded when it comes to non-traditional views. She was my hope for playing a character who might actually be shown kissing another woman. Oh well, I'm sure it will be super straight now.
She talks in interviews about being very Christian and her whole family is all about Christianity. Why would you think she is the most open minded ???? lmao
Kim Taeri was literally in the Handmaiden

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Well, honestly. Im ready for that strike to go global.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
06 Aug 2023, 14:03
Guest wrote:
04 Aug 2023, 19:24
Guest wrote:
Bad news for me

She talks in interviews about being very Christian and her whole family is all about Christianity. Why would you think she is the most open minded ???? lmao
Kim Taeri was literally in the Handmaiden
But that's like almost half of K-celebs. Not saying it's not the reason as to why she dropped out but I wouldn't make any assumptions. There are a lot of actors who are religious and willing to play gay to further their career and for the money.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

drama named Jeong Nyeon = should have casted TWICE'S Jeongyeon just for name-similarity :whistle: also