(G)-idle

Reactions:

Re: (G)-idle

Post by Guest »

I'm sure Soyeon is some kind of wlw like I feel it since freaking Produce 101. I'm not a Nevie though and I have never followed her or the group closely so I don't really know anything about them.

About anon's theory that Soyeon and this woman are dating: they might be? They're obviously very close, but friends use the words 데이트 too, I have seen it many times. For that one date, it's the fact that Soyeon went straight (hah) to her after coming back to Korea after a month as you say that is more sus imo.

I would say it is definitely something to keep watch over.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
08 Feb 2023, 09:58
I'm sure Soyeon is some kind of wlw like I feel it since freaking Produce 101. I'm not a Nevie though and I have never followed her or the group closely so I don't really know anything about them.

About anon's theory that Soyeon and this woman are dating: they might be? They're obviously very close, but friends use the words 데이트 too, I have seen it many times. For that one date, it's the fact that Soyeon went straight (hah) to her after coming back to Korea after a month as you say that is more sus imo.

I would say it is definitely something to keep watch over.
SA who posted about the woman.

I personally don't think there's much up for debate with Soyeon's sexuality. She's wlw in some capacity. There's smaller sus things about her, but ultimately there isn't a convincing heterosexual explanation for writing a song like Oh My God. That's in part why I'm fairly convinced she's in a relationship with this woman.

The date word... I've really seen it used more in the romantic sense. But I won't discount what you're saying. Not saying friends can't use it, but I think within the whole context of that post.. Just the idea of posting about going out to a nice dinner with someone literally the day after they've returned to the country after being gone and working hard for a month and calling it a date. I mean... And Soyeon is known for being something of a homebody, needing her space from people. You'd think after getting home after being constantly surrounded by people and completely exhausted, immediately grabbing dinner with someone who's just a friend wouldn't be high on her priorities. But no, within a day (and this could even be a latergram) of flying home from South America, she's going out to a nice dinner with this woman.

But looking at some of these things on their own is where it exists in that realm of plausible deniability. The whole idea of women in a relationship being able to get away with being perceived as close friends. But putting everything together in a broader context and connecting the dots is what leads me to believe this is a relationship.

If you want to make the argument that they're just very close friends, to me these things are very very close friends behavior. Something you'd see with best friends. But what's sus is that Soyeon and this woman only had a working relationship up until Windy. It's clear from the interview they struck up some sort of friendship after working together. Which is less than a year from that post about going out to nice dinner and celebrating the IND release which screams supportive girlfriend to me. That post talks about how after this woman left Cube, they continue to discuss Soyeon's work, how Soyeon was always talking about how hard she's working on the album. How this woman knows she's been through a lot, constantly over thinking and stressing. This woman is the person she opens up to about her stress and anxieties, when the members of the group have said Soyeon tends to keep all that to herself. I GUESS you could somehow become very very close friends within that short of a time.. but the timeline tracks more like a relationship becoming serious.

Soyeon has spoken before about how she doesn't hang out a lot with other people outside of her fellow members. Not to say she doesn't have friends. But she's always busy and has commented about how she's bad about meeting up with friends and doesn't see them often. But suddenly, she's very close with this woman. Spending what appears to be a lot of time with her. Making her a priority. Spending special occasions with her. This woman having a birthday dinner at Soyeon's apartment, JUST the two of them. The implication that they spent the night together at a hotel. The translation of one of her posts about getting dinner with Soyeon of "Can't we just order sandwiches?" as in, can't we just stay in tonight and order food? There's a few other things I didn't post because of the URL limit indicating they're spending time at each other's homes. Getting phone stickers together, aka the whole couple phone case thing. There's a post I didn't link where this woman posted a photo of Soyeon calling her a "hot fairy" with the fire emoji. Which.. yeah could be straight girl behavior. Or not. And that post was made during Windy promotions. Did they suddenly become such close friends that they're comfortable posting things like that? The fact that this woman deleted her instagram post where people were making comments asking if the two of them were dating.

And it's so strange that there's all this social media evidence of them now. Soyeon really hasn't tagged friends before. She hasn't liked posts of non-members to the degree she has with this woman. We don't see this with whatever other friendships Soyeon has. Why now? Why are she and this woman so openly posting about how they're spending time together? It could mean nothing at all. Or are Soyeon and this woman now serious enough that Soyeon is tired of hiding her relationship and wants to be able to post about her? Where it still exists within that realm of plausible deniability? I could honestly believe Soyeon would do something like that. She already glass closets herself. It would make sense for her to glass closet a relationship too.

When you put all of this together, it's so much more believable that they're girlfriends. The fact that Soyeon is bisexual raises the plausibility of that. If this was a woman she had known for a very long time and was some sort of longtime best friend, I could consider the possibility more of this being a friendship. But this is a very short time for two people to become that close, especially with what we know about Soyeon's social life and how bad she claims to be with keeping up with her friendships. All this time they spend together, the special occasions with just the two of them... the language this woman uses that could very much be interpreted as not platonic. It adds up.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

As a soyeon stan, that's actually very impressive how much evidence you got idk if they are anything more than friends, maybe the next gidle cb might have some hints? But either way its so unlike soyeon to openly share any of her relationships that are not family/gidle members.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I wonder what Soojin is doing with her life now, I want to see her again. Hopefully 2023 will be the year she returns to social media.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Any korean speakers here? Does Minnie really talk about a "guy" while describing her type in the latest video, or she's talking about it as about a person, human being, but cube made those english subs heteronormative because, welp, it's Korea? I'm just wondering :)

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 Feb 2023, 13:59
Any korean speakers here? Does Minnie really talk about a "guy" while describing her type in the latest video, or she's talking about it as about a person, human being, but cube made those english subs heteronormative because, welp, it's Korea? I'm just wondering :)
She's being gender neutral. The person doing the translation for the english subs is gendering it towards a man.

Always take english subs with gendered pronouns with a huge grain of salt. When you see things like "he" or "guy" the vast majority of the time they're not actually referring to a specific gender. Korean doesn't use gendered pronouns like that. It's the person doing the translation to english that's making the decision to use a gendered pronoun.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 Feb 2023, 17:41
I wonder what Soojin is doing with her life now, I want to see her again. Hopefully 2023 will be the year she returns to social media.
x2 :fingcross:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Hi, anon who posted about Soyeon and her suspected girlfriend earlier. I wanted to give an update for anyone interested even though this thread seems pretty dead...?

In the time since I have posted, this woman has done some clean up on her instagram account. I don't want to jump to conclusions, but one of the posts she deleted or archived was that sweet post she made for Soyeon of them out to dinner celebrating her finishing working on I Never Die. This is the second post she has taken down where there were comments from people that mentioned dating or a relationship. I don't know if she is being more careful or these post deletions were random, but I am suspect.

I also dug up quite a bit more evidence since my last post. I can give a summary here but I do have the receipts saved also I can post later. Putting this under a spoiler that will hopefully work this time lol.
Personally, at this point after everything I have seen and found, I feel very sure this woman is Soyeon's girlfriend. Even more than before. There is just way too much here now to dismiss this as just a friendship, even a very close one. And now after seeing this woman going back and deleting instagram posts that have people in the comments mentioning them dating or being in a relationship.. that tells me all I need to know.

So I think I am going to stop digging much further into this. Take what I've posted as you will. If you need more evidence to believe this relationship.. I'm not sure what that would be but I am sure it will be nothing more damning than what's already out there. With any wlw relationship like this.. there is always going to be plausible deniability. Anything that could even possibly confirm them 100% would be ssng level shit which I am not touching.

I think this will remain in a sort of "if you know, you know" territory. Like I said, believe what you want. But they seem really happy. I'm glad Soyeon feels like she can post about her publicly to a certain extent. Maybe we will see more lgbt idols start to do the same with their relationships.. :hug:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 Feb 2023, 17:57
Hi, anon who posted about Soyeon and her suspected girlfriend earlier. I wanted to give an update for anyone interested even though this thread seems pretty dead...?

In the time since I have posted, this woman has done some clean up on her instagram account. I don't want to jump to conclusions, but one of the posts she deleted or archived was that sweet post she made for Soyeon of them out to dinner celebrating her finishing working on I Never Die. This is the second post she has taken down where there were comments from people that mentioned dating or a relationship. I don't know if she is being more careful or these post deletions were random, but I am suspect.

I also dug up quite a bit more evidence since my last post. I can give a summary here but I do have the receipts saved also I can post later. Putting this under a spoiler that will hopefully work this time lol.
Personally, at this point after everything I have seen and found, I feel very sure this woman is Soyeon's girlfriend. Even more than before. There is just way too much here now to dismiss this as just a friendship, even a very close one. And now after seeing this woman going back and deleting instagram posts that have people in the comments mentioning them dating or being in a relationship.. that tells me all I need to know.

So I think I am going to stop digging much further into this. Take what I've posted as you will. If you need more evidence to believe this relationship.. I'm not sure what that would be but I am sure it will be nothing more damning than what's already out there. With any wlw relationship like this.. there is always going to be plausible deniability. Anything that could even possibly confirm them 100% would be ssng level shit which I am not touching.

I think this will remain in a sort of "if you know, you know" territory. Like I said, believe what you want. But they seem really happy. I'm glad Soyeon feels like she can post about her publicly to a certain extent. Maybe we will see more lgbt idols start to do the same with their relationships.. :hug:
Thanks for the update OP yeah, I think that there is a good chance it's her girlfriend and to some extent Soyeon doesn't have as many 'protective' fans who will be mad/angry if she got a gf/bf compared to others in the group which is why this person probably feels more comfortable posting about soyeon. I think what I would really love is some sort of reference to her being in a relationship or being personally very happy during the next gidle cb or next song soyeon writes.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Feb 2023, 20:36
Guest wrote:
20 Feb 2023, 17:57

Thanks for the update OP yeah, I think that there is a good chance it's her girlfriend and to some extent Soyeon doesn't have as many 'protective' fans who will be mad/angry if she got a gf/bf compared to others in the group which is why this person probably feels more comfortable posting about soyeon. I think what I would really love is some sort of reference to her being in a relationship or being personally very happy during the next gidle cb or next song soyeon writes.
SA yeah I agree I think of all the members I get the feeling fans would be most chill or unbothered about soyeon in a relationship. at least i-fans... I don't really know much about what her k-fans are like. especially what sort of wlw fanbase she has in korea. She never seems to rank very high on k-les polls so I don't think she's popular with them for some reason. This makes me wonder if k-fans have even really caught on to this.. I think it would mostly be the wlws if so, and if they have.. they must be keeping it to themselves.

Soyeon, and by extension this woman, being comfortable posting about each other to an extent.. definitely falls in line with soyeon's glass closet behavior. Its like how she played it with Oh My God.. there was just enough metaphor that a loooot of people didn't even clock it as LGBT so it didn't get her in hot water, and the people that picked up on it were the lgbt community and allies. So the people who "get it" are the people she doesn't have to worry about. Same with this relationship.. I think anyone that figures it out isn't going to be the sort to give her hate. Clueless homophobes will never pick up on this. Its pretty smart on her end.

Its funny you mention her writing a song with a reference to being happy in a relationship for the next cb. I remember in some interview she was talking about the song "LOVE" and said that initially the lyrics for the song were very different, but she changed it because she felt like they needed a song about self-love on the album. so who knows.. maybe that was originally a song referencing her girl. but it would be interesting seeing Soyeon write about a happy and healthy relationship for a change lol.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

There are a few days left for Soojin's birthday and I'm creating expectations for her return. Do you think it's disrespectful of her to make fans wait so long to see her again?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
06 Mar 2023, 06:09
There are a few days left for Soojin's birthday and I'm creating expectations for her return. Do you think it's disrespectful of her to make fans wait so long to see her again?
I can't tell if this is a troll post or not honestly.

Soojin isn't coming back to the group. And she's not stepping back into the public eye anytime soon.

why can't people let this go? its fine to miss her but if at this point you still believe she might return, I don't know what to tell you.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
06 Mar 2023, 16:46
Guest wrote:

Soojin isn't coming back to the group. And she's not stepping back into the public eye anytime soon.

why can't people let this go? its fine to miss her but if at this point you still believe she might return, I don't know what to tell you.
I wasn't talking about she rejoining the group, but simply about her creating an account on some social media or something. I also think she won't appear anytime soon, but I miss seeing her and creating expectation for that is not a problem, I continue to admire her talent, even though she decided not to be an idol anymore, which is best for her and her mental health.
In the question part, I just tried to make a "provocation". I definitely don't think it's disrespectful of her, she needs time yet as she continues to be the target of hate.

Maybe it was my innocence or an error of perspective to make that comment, because I didn't understand your reaction. :-/

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
06 Mar 2023, 17:22
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

I wasn't talking about she rejoining the group, but simply about her creating an account on some social media or something. I also think she won't appear anytime soon, but I miss seeing her and creating expectation for that is not a problem, I continue to admire her talent, even though she decided not to be an idol anymore, which is best for her and her mental health.
In the question part, I just tried to make a "provocation". I definitely don't think it's disrespectful of her, she needs time yet as she continues to be the target of hate.

Maybe it was my innocence or an error of perspective to make that comment, because I didn't understand your reaction. :-/
SA sorry, I think your question just came across as a little confusing and I misinterpreted your tone. Saying it its disrespectful of her to make her fans wait is an odd take, so it sounded sort of troll-ish. Also so many people constantly ask if she'll be coming back or if we'll see her again.. it gets tiring.

I think its fine to miss seeing her like I said. and if you want to hold onto that hope its fine, I just hope you don't get too disappointed. She got an immense amount of hate that's probably hard for us to even imagine. After something like that I can understand her wanting to live a private life and never return. She could even wait a long time, but I wouldn't underestimate how long people hold grudges for. And I definitely don't think she would ever open back up to the public while (g)i-dle are still active, as that could also really harm the group even if she's totally uninvolved with them. K-pop fans are ruthless and its unfair. Bullying is taken extremely seriously in Korea, and even if the accusations were not true or unproven, she'll always be connected to that scandal and baggage.

I think awhile back she did have a friend confirm she's doing well, and I hope that is true. The best we can hope for is she is making decisions that are best for her happiness and mental health.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

da
Is English your second language?

"In the question part, I just tried to make a "provocation". I definitely don't think it's disrespectful" - this is worded very strangely, and as a concept it doesn't make any sense.

Normally, no one would ask if something is disrespectful unless they themselves think it is. Because to ask a question like that is to imply that it is.

Also grammatically, you don't 'make provocations' you just provoke. And to provoke people is to make them angry on purpose, so don't be surprised when you get angry responses.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
06 Mar 2023, 22:22
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

da
Is English your second language?

"In the question part, I just tried to make a "provocation". I definitely don't think it's disrespectful" - this is worded very strangely, and as a concept it doesn't make any sense.

Normally, no one would ask if something is disrespectful unless they themselves think it is. Because to ask a question like that is to imply that it is.

Also grammatically, you don't 'make provocations' you just provoke. And to provoke people is to make them angry on purpose, so don't be surprised when you get angry responses.
Yes, it is my second language. I used google to help me also.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Lol you can't not convince me that Miyeon has some sort of crush on Shuhua

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I hope Miyeon knows that she's super smart. She's always shocked when she receives compliments that she's good at games and witty.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I'm sick of miyeon getting mistreated by cube tbh. This thread goes into more detail but I never released it before ....
I also hope she gets more lines in the next comeback as she's literally a main vocal.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Bless you to the one anon who seems to be bumping this thread. Let's revive it! Did all the i-dle fans on this forum disappear? :'(

I know we are probably a month or two away from a cb, but there's been so much content from the girls lately. They've been busy.

The new variety they're doing.. Up to (G)I-dle; is really fun. Anyone else enjoying it? Reminds me of secret folder which was great.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
28 Mar 2023, 14:28
Bless you to the one anon who seems to be bumping this thread. Let's revive it! Did all the i-dle fans on this forum disappear? :'(

I know we are probably a month or two away from a cb, but there's been so much content from the girls lately. They've been busy.

The new variety they're doing.. Up to (G)I-dle; is really fun. Anyone else enjoying it? Reminds me of secret folder which was great.
I'm still here lol, and am trying to revive the thread somewhat. I'm definitely enjoying all the variety we are getting nowadays, especially ilogs and stuff we never got before. Right now my favorite variety is the one Miyeon's got going on with Chaewon and Yena. It's really funny and Miyeon's actually doing great in the games for once.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
28 Mar 2023, 14:23
I'm sick of miyeon getting mistreated by cube tbh. This thread goes into more detail but I never released it before ....
I also hope she gets more lines in the next comeback as she's literally a main vocal.

LOL wow funny we both posted at the same time. Let's get this thread active again!

Reading the twitter thread you linked... I think mistreatment is a pretty strong word that k-pop fans throw around. Say what you will about cube, but I don't think anyone at the company has some sort of agenda against Miyeon. But I don't want to shut down fans' concerns.

The youtube thumbnail thing is.. again, I don't think there was some big conscious choice to exclude her from thumbnails. Considering until Dumdi Dumdi, there is a different member in each thumbnail so it's not like one member was really dominating. Youtube thumbnails also seem like such a minor nitpicky thing IMO. There really hasn't been enough MV thumbnails yet to see that sort of pattern.

The choreo thing. I-dle even admits themselves they aren't really the strongest dancers. And it's something of an inside joke that.. Miyeon isn't the greatest lol. If she's the weakest dancer, it sort of makes sense she's not getting as much center for choreo.

When it comes to her styling. I sort of agree with this one. I think there is some truth that the stylists don't always know what to do with Miyeon. (g)i-dles styling in general has made LEAPS AND BOUNDS since their debut and they have way more hits than misses these days. They were killing it on red carpets for last year's award shows. I think Miyeon's look in the Tomboy MV was amazing and she looked great in the Nxde MV as well. But there are times when her styling doesn't exactly suit her. In her recent shoot for Dazed her styling was INCREDIBLE. That's how you style Miyeon! But again, I don't think there's some intentional mistreatment going on.

And when it comes to the whole line distribution thing.. I remember this being a pretty hot topic during the Nxde comeback. Especially because Shuhua is given more lines now and I don't think there's any argument that she's the weakest vocalist in the group even though its great she's trying to improve.

When it comes to line distribution in general, I'm of the mind of quality over quantity. And if you want to blame someone for line distribution, that's not on cube, that's on Soyeon. The girls in the past have talked about how they have discussions about line distribution though. They'll actually commonly all do takes of the same line, and they choose whose voice suits that part of the song the best. So line distribution is something decided between all members of the groups, although Soyeon probably has more weight on that decision. And for the members that produce their own songs like Minnie and Yuqi, they have more control of the vocal direction and production than Soyeon does.

One of the best things about (G)i-dle is their distinct vocal colors, and Soyeon has talked a lot how she wants to highlight their individual vocal styles, even going as far as changing vocal coaches to maintain their unique voices. Soyeon puts a lot of thought into the group's vocals and how they best fit the song. Line distribution isn't just arbitrarily chosen based on position or "fairness." It's a creative choice to bring the best impact and effect to the song overall. Rather than these producers in other groups that will force members way out of their range and it sounding awful or their voices having no identity, the vocals in i-dle always play to their strengths to bring out the best in them.

Miyeon's vocals always sound fantastic. I would rather that than her arbitrarily be given lines that don't fit her tone or are wildly out of her range. I'd rather her sound at her best, and I think the group does a great job at capturing that for each member.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Thanks for the detailed response wow. See for me at least I would be okay with her getting less lines if she got to say the iconic line of the song at least once like the other members. If you notice for Nxde the line of "Yes I'm a Nude" is the main point and is sung by everyone at least once except Miyeon. Even in tomboy, Miyeon is the only member who doesn't say the word "Tomboy" throughout the song even once. (Shuhua, Yuqi, Minnie all say Ye I'll be the Tomboy). Like I don't think it's malicious but I don't think Miyeon is a bad singer, and think that she would easily be able to sing these parts like the other members.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
28 Mar 2023, 17:43
Thanks for the detailed response wow. See for me at least I would be okay with her getting less lines if she got to say the iconic line of the song at least once like the other members. If you notice for Nxde the line of "Yes I'm a Nude" is the main point and is sung by everyone at least once except Miyeon. Even in tomboy, Miyeon is the only member who doesn't say the word "Tomboy" throughout the song even once. (Shuhua, Yuqi, Minnie all say Ye I'll be the Tomboy). Like I don't think it's malicious but I don't think Miyeon is a bad singer, and think that she would easily be able to sing these parts like the other members.
I understand what you're saying about the "iconic line" in those songs.. but bear with me, because I'm going to argue this is because she's such a strong vocalist.

Let's be real, the "Yes I'm nude" and "Yeah I'll be the Tomboy" lines are... not particularly vocally challenging. "Yes I'm nude" is literally just a whisper, and Miyeon's voice IMO would just be wasted there. I even think Yuqi was an odd choice for that line. And "Yeah I'll be the Tomboy"? It's more talk-singing than anything. Miyeon's voice has a full, melodic sort of nasal punch to it and she can bring a lot of power to her vocals.

So look at the lines she did get in those songs. In Nxde, that pre-chorus she does? Easily one of the best vocal moments on the entire song. That slide she does at the beginning of the line is fantastic and she ends the note with a nice flip up into a nasally cry. Great vocal performance there, and she pulls it off better than Shuhua and Minnie do when they do that line.

For Tomboy, her part in the first pre-chorus has this great almost sassy tone to it which perfectly fits with the lyrics. And for the second pre-chorus, she gets that heavy hitting fast tempo line and pulls of that rock/pop nasal whine on slide at the end. Those lines are way better showcases and use of her vocal talents.

And even with Lion, I'm pretty sure she never says "I'm a queen I'm a lion." But again, the lines she does get are that amazing pre-chorus where it sounds like she barely has time to breathe. You need good breath control to do that.

She's a great singer. And she could easily sing those parts you're talking about. But Soyeon puts her on the parts of the song that fit her tone and that demand someone with the vocal skills to pull it off.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Hmmm I see what you're saying. I feel Miyeon shines the most in songs by Minnie, probably because they are more vocally focused. I guess we can agree to disagree because I just think if she had one of those iconic lines, she would be in the center of the song for a bit more.

In other more fun news, what do you think of idle's new group dynamic ? I see Miyeon and Yuqi are getting closer, probably from being roommates. It was cute seeing them excited to be together in up to idle. Shuhua was funny sulking that she had to share a room.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
28 Mar 2023, 19:06
Hmmm I see what you're saying. I feel Miyeon shines the most in songs by Minnie, probably because they are more vocally focused. I guess we can agree to disagree because I just think if she had one of those iconic lines, she would be in the center of the song for a bit more.

In other more fun news, what do you think of idle's new group dynamic ? I see Miyeon and Yuqi are getting closer, probably from being roommates. It was cute seeing them excited to be together in up to idle. Shuhua was funny sulking that she had to share a room.
Oh the group dynamic changes have been interesting. I think there was a pretty big shift between pre and post hiatus. Part of this is probably because when they came back with IND they really started to drop the initial cube established ships.

I think Minnie and Yuqi got really close. But now that Minnie moved out I see Miyeon and Yuqi close as well. Them sticking together as roommates probably had a lot to do with that. Yuqi is so funny in how she never wants to be alone, and the other members just wanting their space lol. The hotel sharing debates from the world tour were hilarious.

Apparently Shuhua and Soyeon are closer now? Which is so surprising to me because I always felt like Shuhua viewed Soyeon as more of a leader who she respects. Well, they're closer now according to Soyeon lol. I think she said during one of the radio interviews during Nxde promos that Shuhua is the member she's closest to now which... I'll believe it when I'll see it. Was so out of left field to hear.. almost felt forced but idk. Shuhua in general seems like she wants to do her own thing and I get the feeling she spends more time with friends outside the group but her interactions with the members are still really funny. Especially with Miyeon.

Minnie and Miyeon seem about the same I think. I always thought that they were never really into playing up their ship and they had that rough patch during oh my god, but they've always seemed to have a steady friendship overall.

Soyeon and Minnie are hard for me to figure out because they always seem to interact so little compared to the rest of the members? like they are cool with each other for sure, but I don't know if they're close.

Soyeon and Miyeon have always had this "longtime friend" energy and I think they still do. Soyeon mentioned Miyeon comes over to her house a lot which is cute.

Soyeon and Yuqi are kind of a rollercoaster. There were memes around on twitter for awhile about "yuyeon divorce era" which was pretty funny. I think they mostly toned down their ship and Soyeon moving out meant spending a lot less time together. I think their relationship is a little different now for sure, but still definitely seem like friends. I think their friendship is more "offscreen" if that makes sense. Soyeon also seems a little busy with... other things and other people lol. :hudoin:

Also the Mnet Prime Show stages were sooo good. I really loved the That That stage more than I thought I would.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
29 Mar 2023, 15:55
Guest wrote:

Oh the group dynamic changes have been interesting. I think there was a pretty big shift between pre and post hiatus. Part of this is probably because when they came back with IND they really started to drop the initial cube established ships.

I think Minnie and Yuqi got really close. But now that Minnie moved out I see Miyeon and Yuqi close as well. Them sticking together as roommates probably had a lot to do with that. Yuqi is so funny in how she never wants to be alone, and the other members just wanting their space lol. The hotel sharing debates from the world tour were hilarious.

Apparently Shuhua and Soyeon are closer now? Which is so surprising to me because I always felt like Shuhua viewed Soyeon as more of a leader who she respects. Well, they're closer now according to Soyeon lol. I think she said during one of the radio interviews during Nxde promos that Shuhua is the member she's closest to now which... I'll believe it when I'll see it. Was so out of left field to hear.. almost felt forced but idk. Shuhua in general seems like she wants to do her own thing and I get the feeling she spends more time with friends outside the group but her interactions with the members are still really funny. Especially with Miyeon.

Minnie and Miyeon seem about the same I think. I always thought that they were never really into playing up their ship and they had that rough patch during oh my god, but they've always seemed to have a steady friendship overall.

Soyeon and Minnie are hard for me to figure out because they always seem to interact so little compared to the rest of the members? like they are cool with each other for sure, but I don't know if they're close.

Soyeon and Miyeon have always had this "longtime friend" energy and I think they still do. Soyeon mentioned Miyeon comes over to her house a lot which is cute.

Soyeon and Yuqi are kind of a rollercoaster. There were memes around on twitter for awhile about "yuyeon divorce era" which was pretty funny. I think they mostly toned down their ship and Soyeon moving out meant spending a lot less time together. I think their relationship is a little different now for sure, but still definitely seem like friends. I think their friendship is more "offscreen" if that makes sense. Soyeon also seems a little busy with... other things and other people lol. :hudoin:

Also the Mnet Prime Show stages were sooo good. I really loved the That That stage more than I thought I would.
Wait, are Miyeon and Soyeon close friends? I really didn't know about their interactions, I thought they were the more distant :blinkwide:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
29 Mar 2023, 17:55
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Wait, are Miyeon and Soyeon close friends? I really didn't know about their interactions, I thought they were the more distant :blinkwide:
Yeah, I think Soyeon has been friends with Miyeon the longest of all the members. They've talked about their friendshp in v-lives before and know each other well. But its a very natural friendship and they don't really play up interactions for the camera, so it seems less obvious. Soyeon is also pretty vague sometimes about how she hangs out with the members outside of work stuff. But she'll randomly say things like "Miyeon comes over to my house a lot, more than the other members" and you would never have known lol.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
29 Mar 2023, 18:20
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Yeah, I think Soyeon has been friends with Miyeon the longest of all the members. They've talked about their friendshp in v-lives before and know each other well. But its a very natural friendship and they don't really play up interactions for the camera, so it seems less obvious. Soyeon is also pretty vague sometimes about how she hangs out with the members outside of work stuff. But she'll randomly say things like "Miyeon comes over to my house a lot, more than the other members" and you would never have known lol.
I'm a little surprised. I knew they had a friendly relationship, but I never thought they could be so close. I could have sworn that Soyeon was more friendly with the other three, especially Minnie, than with Miyeon.

What happened with MiMin during Oh My God era?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
29 Mar 2023, 21:18
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

I'm a little surprised. I knew they had a friendly relationship, but I never thought they could be so close. I could have sworn that Soyeon was more friendly with the other three, especially Minnie, than with Miyeon.

Yeah understandable. It's a bit hard to tell but you catch it more in their V-lives. They talk in a way that long-time friends do who are very comfortable and "get" each other. And the fact that Miyeon seems to spend a good deal of time hanging out with Soyeon outside work schedules.

MiMin thing wasn't a huge deal, I think Minnie was just going through a emotional and moody patch and it caused some friction between them so they distanced themselves from each other for a minute. One of the more visible moments of tension we've seen between members. Which I'm sure happens all the time but that's kept more behind the scenes. The whole on-screen and off-screen dynamic is interesting to think about.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
30 Mar 2023, 19:55
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Yeah understandable. It's a bit hard to tell but you catch it more in their V-lives. They talk in a way that long-time friends do who are very comfortable and "get" each other. And the fact that Miyeon seems to spend a good deal of time hanging out with Soyeon outside work schedules.

MiMin thing wasn't a huge deal, I think Minnie was just going through a emotional and moody patch and it caused some friction between them so they distanced themselves from each other for a minute. One of the more visible moments of tension we've seen between members. Which I'm sure happens all the time but that's kept more behind the scenes. The whole on-screen and off-screen dynamic is interesting to think about.
Minnie was so mean to Miyeon sometimes. Minnie had been my favorite but it was like she went out of her way to make Miyeon feel unwanted all the time. There's always two sides to every store so it's possible Miyeon was being too clingy but still.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
30 Mar 2023, 20:09
Guest wrote:
30 Mar 2023, 19:55
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Minnie was so mean to Miyeon sometimes. Minnie had been my favorite but it was like she went out of her way to make Miyeon feel unwanted all the time. There's always two sides to every store so it's possible Miyeon was being too clingy but still.
Oh my God!! I had no idea. Can you cite some examples? Like, what type of things Minnie was saying to My? :rage:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Sana and Miyeon's friendship is so cute !

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
01 Apr 2023, 20:37
Its very wholesome, I know they are both extroverts but it's still surprising how often they find time to meet up. Gidle lowkey have quite a lot of female idol friends that they actively try and keep in touch with

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
01 Apr 2023, 23:04
Guest wrote:
Its very wholesome, I know they are both extroverts but it's still surprising how often they find time to meet up. Gidle lowkey have quite a lot of female idol friends that they actively try and keep in touch with
DA Yeah the Sana/Miyeon interactions are fun. I think it's more likely they are friends but I remember people finding them pretty sus at first. but who knows. I got a kick out of sana coming over to help miyeon move her bed.

btw wow I'm not sure if its just a troll but over in the twice thread Miyeon is catching some heat. I can't imagine disliking miyeon she's so sweet.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
02 Apr 2023, 00:30
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
DA Yeah the Sana/Miyeon interactions are fun. I think it's more likely they are friends but I remember people finding them pretty sus at first. but who knows. I got a kick out of sana coming over to help miyeon move her bed.

btw wow I'm not sure if its just a troll but over in the twice thread Miyeon is catching some heat. I can't imagine disliking miyeon she's so sweet.
No, apparently there's a male troll who is obsessed with S@na and doesn't like the idea of her with women. If he does a search, he'll be here too.

But I also saw in Instagram that Shuhua was hanging out with Handong from Dreamcatcher and Tzuyu recently. It was really cute to see them together.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

I find it weird that a friend would go out of their way to convince herself to like a colour just because the other likes it and one loathes it and now bombard the other
with all things green. Waits until midnight to give her Pepero. Consults her on which photos she should choose for album use. Specifically goes over to help her with moving stuff in her dorm even though Miyeon lives with other gidle members. If they're not dating they should be because they are deeply considerate and caring of eachother on a more than friends kind of way.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Lol anon wasn't kidding about the troll in the twice thread :rofl:

To change the subject, my hope of soojin opening an social media account this year has gone from nothing to maybe with the korean fan taking a picture of her and the whole soap thing

I do think if she opened an insta it would cause backlash but at this point it would last only 1 or 2 weeks max

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
02 Apr 2023, 11:58
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

I find it weird that a friend would go out of their way to convince herself to like a colour just because the other likes it and one loathes it and now bombard the other
with all things green. Waits until midnight to give her Pepero. Consults her on which photos she should choose for album use. Specifically goes over to help her with moving stuff in her dorm even though Miyeon lives with other gidle members. If they're not dating they should be because they are deeply considerate and caring of eachother on a more than friends kind of way.
don't worry anon. The twice thread people have faced way too many hits on the lgbt front. Around 5 members not being exclusively wlw.. I take it as them being.. cautious :P

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

I am person that started beliving definitely about Miyeon being a straight. Absolutely nothing was enough to convence me she is wlw, but now... it is so much weird for friends... Idk, if it was a m4le and female, people would be sure about they are dating.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

SA yes their friendship is pretty interesting. I don't think Miyeon has pinged much for most people, myself included, but her interactions with Sana definitely made some of us wonder. Whatever they are, there's something really funny about the idea of someone like Sana influencing miyeon with her feminist and wlw ways. :lol: I could almost imagine Sana taking her under her wing as a baby bi LOL. But I agree that they are close in a way that would make them a good match to date.

To the other anon talking about soojin: I think the soap thing was really sweet. I'm sure she has wanted to show some appreciation to the fans that still support her and I'm glad she felt like she could do that even very indirectly.

I think someone taking a pic of her was just proof that she leaves the house which i'm sure she has been doing lol. People must have been respecting her privacy if they have seen her in public.

As much as part of me would like to see her return to the public eye... I just don't know if she will. what she went through was probably incredibly traumatic. Her family even had to move during the scandal. Even though a lot of time has passed and people might be more receptive to her return, there might still be enough haters out there that would make things miserable for her. I'm sure she wouldn't want to go through that again. I could see her mostly wanting to live a quiet life now.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
02 Apr 2023, 17:16
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

it weird that a friend would go out of their way to convince herself to like a colour just because the other likes it and one loathes it and now bombard the other
SA yes their friendship is pretty interesting. I don't think Miyeon has pinged much for most people, myself included, but her interactions with Sana definitely made some of us wonder. Whatever they are, there's something really funny about the idea of someone like Sana influencing miyeon with her feminist and wlw ways. :lol: I could almost imagine Sana taking her under her wing as a baby bi LOL. But I agree that they are close in a way that would make them a good match to date.

To the other anon talking about soojin: I think the soap thing was really sweet. I'm sure she has wanted to show some appreciation to the fans that still support her and I'm glad she felt like she could do that even very indirectly.

I think someone taking a pic of her was just proof that she leaves the house which i'm sure she has been doing lol. People must have been respecting her privacy if they have seen her in public.

As much as part of me would like to see her return to the public eye... I just don't know if she will. what she went through was probably incredibly traumatic. Her family even had to move during the scandal. Even though a lot of time has passed and people might be more receptive to her return, there might still be enough haters out there that would make things miserable for her. I'm sure she wouldn't want to go through that again. I could see her mostly wanting to live a quiet life now.
YES!!!!! They are very sus to me now. What if they were a man and woman? People would be sure there is something more happening between them...

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Miyeon does not deserve that hate in Twice thread. She did nothing. She just found a friend who is just like her... :argh:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
02 Apr 2023, 17:42
Miyeon does not deserve that hate in Twice thread. She did nothing. She just found a friend who is just like her... :argh:
She’s connected to Sana so unfortunately the troll will use her in their trolling.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Is it true or just april fools?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
02 Apr 2023, 18:08

A lot of people believe it's true, but can't be 100% confirmed because we can't see her face. some fans are being obnoxious about it on twitter though. soojin stuff can bring out the crazies :mask:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
02 Apr 2023, 18:17
Guest wrote:
02 Apr 2023, 18:08

A lot of people believe it's true, but can't be 100% confirmed because we can't see her face. some fans are being obnoxious about it on twitter though. soojin stuff can bring out the crazies :mask:
The way this girl walks is similar to soo's walk, in my opinion. But this girl is sooo thin, that's sad to me. The OP of the video said they just reconized because of her neck tattoo. I wonder if soojin did plastic surgeries after the scandal.
By th way, if this is soojin, i'm happy that she looks ok, but i don't like her thin body, seem unhealthy

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

is it true that sana and miyeon are living together? :spy:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
03 Apr 2023, 09:54
is it true that sana and miyeon are living together? :spy:
No