Guest wrote:
23 Mar 2023, 16:55
Guest wrote:
23 Mar 2023, 16:51
Guest wrote:
23 Mar 2023, 16:39
Guest wrote:
23 Mar 2023, 16:32
She's so pretty, is there anything questionable about her?
nah you're just attracted to her. it doesn't automatically make her sus.
They simply asked a question

You don’t know that woman personally so you have no idea if she is attracted to women or not. The point of l chat is to share info and speculate
yup it's l chat. we can make anyone gay as long as we believe it. :dance2:
DA. They just asked if she has receipts, no need to be condescending.
Who is she btw ? Her face looks familiar but I can't remember where i've seen her

Reactions:

Re: Korean Entertainment - Part II

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
23 Mar 2023, 16:43
Guest wrote:
23 Mar 2023, 14:10
Guest wrote:
23 Mar 2023, 13:47
Guest wrote:
23 Mar 2023, 12:51
Guest wrote:
23 Mar 2023, 12:34

Sa What are you even talking about? I didn't read any of that discussion. But if you want my opinion...

And I don't think I've seen anyone here say that anti-racism is an American value. But I'm sure if an American wore a rising sun shirt Americans wouldn't say a peep about it and would say that they don't get taught that or don't have the same cultural perspective, and many Asian people would wonder how anyone could possibly not know given how many people died or were enslaved by the Japanese. The fact that Chaeyoung wore it everywhere in front of, what I assume, would be a large array of staff, and none of them told her to take it off, tells you all you need to know. Whether any of us can understand it or not, South Koreans obviously do not know the significance of the symbol and its offence in the way people would hope, or one of those 50 people would have told her to take it off before doing schedules.

This woman not fully knowing something doesn't mean she can't be accountable anyway. It is not mutually exclusive. Some of you seem to be pretending that racism is always an intentional act and never ignorant or systemic, which is a problematic view to take. It doesn't matter what values you think people should or shouldn't have, the evidence points to many Korean people not having the same relationship with the symbol as we do. That appears to be fact. That is morally wrong, but we do not have to pretend it isn't act in order to assert the immorality. That is my view.
DA I totally agree and hate how americans are like "uhhh you have to know the significance of the symbol germany used in ww2, even you're asian" when they're ignorant on so many stuff that happened outside of their lame country.

But Chaeyoung is a world famous kpop idol who keeps being obsessed at everything that is american and western. They keep promoting in the states, she keeps watching stuff that are American, I find it extremely hard to believe she never saw a nazi cross once in her life in some western media.
DA
Another anon brought up a good point you completely ignored:

Koreans would do the same thing to westerners. KOREANS would and have lost their shit over rising sun flags, when foreigners might not understand the significance.

It's not 'an American thing.'

Also to whoever thinks Americans wouldn't care if we saw a rising sun here, I can assure you that the people who DO know what it means would be talking about it. With the growing levels of violence and racist attitudes, any recognized imperialist symbol would be talked about.
Da But isn't that the point?

Often when there is a scandal over a rising sun flag (tiffany) or some japanese scandal (sana), most people tend to agree that the way knetz treat the idols involved sometimes veers into doing too much and being overly vindictive. Sana said something dumb but not intentionally malicious, Tiffany should have known better because even though she's Canadian she's also Korean, but did Sana deserve months of vitriol and death threats? Should Tiffany have been nearly pushed out of the industry for good for being a dumbass, when rapists have been kept around?

So if your argument is "well koreans would have the same reaction", don't we often think the korean reaction isn't always fair? Or doesn't take into account cultural differences or people not understanding how hurtful something is because of context? Don't we often openly acknowledge that women get held to greater account than men for the same behaviour? BTS has had several, not one, not two, but more, Nazi scandals...and none of them were ever put on the cover of TMZ for it.

Does any of that mean Chaeyoung shouldn't be held accountable? No. But your argument doesn't make the point you think it makes. Koreans are notorious for bullying idols to the point of suicide for ignorance, does that mean US fans should follow suit? Ultimately, it seems to me that most westerners who aren't interested in korean pop have accepted Chaeyoung's account or given her the benefit of the doubt, which seems the gracious thing to do. If she does it again, I'm sure people will change their minds.
SA
uhh YOUR argument is the one not making the point you think it is.

Westerners haven't cancelled Chae. Twice is still selling out, ppl are still buying tickets, and it's dying down already.

Tiffany, who isn't Canadian, had to leave the TV show she was in the middle of filming.
da

not only that but knetz were demanding she be kicked out of the group for this too. She left her TV show and had a few months of hiatus. The timing of this was ~a year within SNSD contract renewals. Her leaving SM and then spending years in America was for sure due to how negatively her reputation was impacted by something as silly as a snapchat filter. If this had happened today I am certain it would have blown over more as there are far more international fans that would have recognized it as an honest, albeit ignorant, mistake.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
23 Mar 2023, 13:21
I just hope It won't be anything like Moonlit Winter, where there's a slow build up for the lesbian lovers' reunion just for them to interact for like 5 minutes, not even a hug or kiss :nervous:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
23 Mar 2023, 17:10
Guest wrote:
23 Mar 2023, 16:55
Guest wrote:
23 Mar 2023, 16:51
Guest wrote:
23 Mar 2023, 16:39
Guest wrote:
23 Mar 2023, 16:32
She's so pretty, is there anything questionable about her?
nah you're just attracted to her. it doesn't automatically make her sus.
They simply asked a question

You don’t know that woman personally so you have no idea if she is attracted to women or not. The point of l chat is to share info and speculate
yup it's l chat. we can make anyone gay as long as we believe it. :dance2:
DA. They just asked if she has receipts, no need to be condescending.
Who is she btw ? Her face looks familiar but I can't remember where i've seen her
She used to be a member in Pristin as Roa.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
19 Mar 2023, 17:52
I think the new film with Lee Yoo Mi might be gay https://mydramalist.com/712931-we-can-t ... e-can-love
The film is made by a director who seems to be lesbian and made another film about lesbians before that https://mydramalist.com/64243-take-me-home

She also posted this 👩‍❤️‍👩on instagram
Update. I was right
The film will premiere at the Jeonju film festival in April. They describe it as a queer youth drama.
The Han Sohee gay film will also be shown there for the first time
https://www.jeonjufest.kr/Community/not ... t%2Easp%3F

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
23 Mar 2023, 20:38
Guest wrote:
19 Mar 2023, 17:52
I think the new film with Lee Yoo Mi might be gay https://mydramalist.com/712931-we-can-t ... e-can-love
The film is made by a director who seems to be lesbian and made another film about lesbians before that https://mydramalist.com/64243-take-me-home

She also posted this 👩‍❤️‍👩on instagram
Update. I was right
The film will premiere at the Jeonju film festival in April. They describe it as a queer youth drama.
The Han Sohee gay film will also be shown there for the first time

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
23 Mar 2023, 11:55
Guest wrote:
23 Mar 2023, 11:51
Guest wrote:
23 Mar 2023, 11:24
Guest wrote:
23 Mar 2023, 08:27
Guest wrote:
23 Mar 2023, 01:20

It WAS the minority that voted for Trump. (Way to pretend to be enlightened and educated, when you're clueless about the subject of your own opinions.)

The elections system is rigged with what's called the 'electoral college,' an outdated method originally intended to keep balance. Many of our districts have also been jerrymandered by conservative politicians.

Trump had the minority vote, Bush jr had the minority vote too. America is typically a left leaning country.

And BTW Americans are extremely used to people criticizing us an our country. EXTREMELY used to it. But the way it's been happening on this board 1. Hasn't made sense, like claiming we're racist and at the same time care too much about racism and 2. Has been factually incorrect, like you claiming the majority voted Trump.
da
x2 I was gonna say the same thing when I saw the other comments on the previous page. I am Asian-American btw. (responding to the post before this one.)
No POC (person of color) that lives here thinks America is the greatest country. The system treats us like shit and the US invaded, bombed, or had proxy dealings with the countries our parents came from. The ignorant trump supporters are loud and the international media only pick the top headlines from here so whatever you're hearing and reading is diluted and more nuanced than what they give you.

Now, it looks like you're the ignorant one.
Da but one thing I'll say as a non American is that you all think any of us care about this conversation. You're all very America centric, regardless of your race. Many of us live in countries where the crazy ass things that happen in yours seem absolutely foreign, we have proper health care, mandated 1 month off a year, abortion is legally enshrined, our countries didn't invade Iraq and kill a million people for no reason, we aren't from the most obese country on earth....

Americans are always like "stop picking on us blah blah blah blah blah" like we legitimately don't think about you other than when you force us, you assume the world is about you and always centre yourselves in conversations and assume everyone else is from the US, and then you get shitty when people from other places laugh at how shit your country is. I'd honestly live in almost any other country in the West than live in the US. Every time I go there for work it's like going to a second world country. And my god your cities are dirty and ugly. I'm so glad I'm not from the US.
What country are you from?
Originally? Sweden.
DA. So why aren't you still there if it's so great? Probably moved for better opportunities elsewhere am I right? Everyone hates America but everyone wants to move there, I get paid 4x as much with stock options. I don't need a boss to give me days off, I take 2 long vacations a year with my wife.

No one moving to Sweden except all the male refugees you keep welcoming. I wouldn't want to live in the r_pe capital of Europe either. Feel bad for swedish women tbh.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
23 Mar 2023, 23:14
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

da
x2 I was gonna say the same thing when I saw the other comments on the previous page. I am Asian-American btw. (responding to the post before this one.)
No POC (person of color) that lives here thinks America is the greatest country. The system treats us like shit and the US invaded, bombed, or had proxy dealings with the countries our parents came from. The ignorant trump supporters are loud and the international media only pick the top headlines from here so whatever you're hearing and reading is diluted and more nuanced than what they give you.

Da but one thing I'll say as a non American is that you all think any of us care about this conversation. You're all very America centric, regardless of your race. Many of us live in countries where the crazy ass things that happen in yours seem absolutely foreign, we have proper health care, mandated 1 month off a year, abortion is legally enshrined, our countries didn't invade Iraq and kill a million people for no reason, we aren't from the most obese country on earth....

Americans are always like "stop picking on us blah blah blah blah blah" like we legitimately don't think about you other than when you force us, you assume the world is about you and always centre yourselves in conversations and assume everyone else is from the US, and then you get shitty when people from other places laugh at how shit your country is. I'd honestly live in almost any other country in the West than live in the US. Every time I go there for work it's like going to a second world country. And my god your cities are dirty and ugly. I'm so glad I'm not from the US.
Originally? Sweden.
DA. So why aren't you still there if it's so great? Probably moved for better opportunities elsewhere am I right? Everyone hates America but everyone wants to move there, I get paid 4x as much with stock options. I don't need a boss to give me days off, I take 2 long vacations a year with my wife.

No one moving to Sweden except all the male refugees you keep welcoming. I wouldn't want to live in the r_pe capital of Europe either. Feel bad for swedish women tbh.
Alright alright, we don't have to country bash just because a few people on here don't like us. No country is perfect and honestly every society is just one bad election or leader away from near collapse anyway. We saw that in the US.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

da

Originally? Sweden.

da
You sound incredibly brainwashed. Everyone with functioning braincells would rather live in sweden, which ranks as the best country for quality of life, than the cesspool that is the US.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Is anyone else wishing this server would go down again? We seem to have fallen into a cesspool of angry trolls.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
24 Mar 2023, 00:52
Is anyone else wishing this server would go down again? We seem to have fallen into a cesspool of angry trolls.
Are these trolls arguing with other trolls? Because I legitimately can’t see what this has to do with Kpop?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
24 Mar 2023, 00:52
This thread is active only when the trolls fight. Normal posts about lesbian speculation and wlw films/shows hardly get any replies here.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

da

Originally? Sweden.

Sa Because I’m at the top of my respective field and had to move to the UK in order to fulfil my career goals. Nothing to do with quality of life or opportunity, I could have stayed and been very well paid and happy.

I have no idea why you’d be so personally offended by people criticising your country. But then again, American’s are usually jingoisiic and do see their country as an extension of themselves, while most other Westerners do not. Whether you like it or not, most Westerners look down on the United States. If you have a problem with that, perhaps you should reflect on why that might be. The fact that your counter to your entire country not having proper mandated leave for every citizen is “well I can personally take two holidays” is very American indeed. Do you only care about yourself?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
23 Mar 2023, 23:39
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Originally? Sweden.

Alright alright, we don't have to country bash just because a few people on here don't like us. No country is perfect and honestly every society is just one bad election or leader away from near collapse anyway. We saw that in the US.
da
I can't tell if that person is trolling but I kinda feel like they are to keep this exhausting and increasingly OT convo going. Anyways, to that fellow American with a 6-figure job and cush lifestyle, you do realize that that is not the norm for people here right? They probably don't have the same opportunities and support you do. (And don't start with I'm a gay woman I had obstacles blah blah blah sorry but that is beside the point.) So boastful and clear example of why people hate us. You probably only surround yourself with people in your tax-bracket and live in a rich person bubble with no clue or care for anyone but yourself. Seriously, get over yourself. (Although the Swede was quite boastful and rude too so what even is the point.) Fck all ya'll tbh

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
24 Mar 2023, 03:35
Guest wrote:
23 Mar 2023, 23:39
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Originally? Sweden.

da
I can't tell if that person is trolling but I kinda feel like they are to keep this exhausting and increasingly OT convo going. Anyways, to that fellow American with a 6-figure job and cush lifestyle, you do realize that that is not the norm for people here right? They probably don't have the same opportunities and support you do. (And don't start with I'm a gay woman I had obstacles blah blah blah sorry but that is beside the point.) So boastful and clear example of why people hate us. You probably only surround yourself with people in your tax-bracket and live in a rich person bubble with no clue or care for anyone but yourself. Seriously, get over yourself. (Although the Swede was quite boastful and rude too so what even is the point.) Fck all ya'll tbh
da-2 sorry, I didn’t think she was gloating, and so what if the world hates us. To hell with them! Rich Anon keep doing you 🇺🇸 🤗

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I would really expect a bunch of lesbians and bi women to not be so quick to judgment since society always does that to us. This board proves that we’re just as toxic and awful as conservative white men. I’ve been called a groomer, been judged by things other Americans have done (that I had zero to do with) and been shit on simply because I was born in America all while on this board. This board has become bad for my mental health. May you all choke on a d---.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Can the americans and their (identity) politics leave this thread alone lol it has nothing to do with k ent. No wonder people think y’all self centered

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
24 Mar 2023, 13:57
Can the americans and their (identity) politics leave this thread alone lol it has nothing to do with k ent. No wonder people think y’all self centered
If you care so much then bring something else up instead of Americans...

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
24 Mar 2023, 13:57
ok but the Swastika Girl having to apologize was blamed on american culture, and ever since then it's been mostly people either outright lying about america, or just dragging it out with insults for no reason. i'm not even patriotic but it's just wrong to act like we're the only ones with an issue with nazi imagery or s/t.

was it to divert attention away from the swastika? (that she wore in a jewish owned business? lol) maybe.

Reactions:

Post by guest »

Guest wrote:
24 Mar 2023, 14:01

Same thing can be said about you ? Lol im trying to tell the american anon to stop dwelling into fascism, american history on a korean ent thread
Guest wrote:
24 Mar 2023, 14:05

ok but the Swastika Girl having to apologize was blamed on american culture, and ever since then it's been mostly people either outright lying about america, or just dragging it out with insults for no reason. i'm not even patriotic but it's just wrong to act like we're the only ones with an issue with nazi imagery or s/t.

was it to divert attention away from the swastika? (that she wore in a jewish owned business? lol) maybe.
Im not going to discussed again what had already been said multiple pages. But it has been agreed upon that she was in the wrong and need to apologize. Anons were arguing about the expectation that comes with knowing what the symbol mean.

But you also don't get to appear morally superior. You're just as classy as people who call you names. Compare lesbian to literal fascist (conservative white men) and wishing us choke on d---, which is an unwanted sex act for all of us lesbians, just because anons on here are not stroking Americans ego. Since you're so enlightened about social issues, what does unwanted sex act forced upon someone sound like to you? Hint: 4 letter word starts with letter R

Now please kindly gtfo with your patriotism

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

guest wrote:
24 Mar 2023, 14:23
Guest wrote:

Same thing can be said about you ? Lol im trying to tell the american anon to stop dwelling into fascism, american history on a korean ent thread
Guest wrote:

Im not going to discussed again what had already been said multiple pages. But it has been agreed upon that she was in the wrong and need to apologize. Anons were arguing about the expectation that comes with knowing what the symbol mean.

But you also don't get to appear morally superior. You're just as classy as people who call you names. Compare lesbian to literal fascist (conservative white men) and wishing us choke on d---, which is an unwanted sex act for all of us lesbians, just because anons on here are not stroking Americans ego. Since you're so enlightened about social issues, what does unwanted sex act forced upon someone sound like to you? Hint: 4 letter word starts with letter R

Well I guess I do get to appear morally superior, since I didn't ever say any of that. You might want to remind yourself that multiple people post here

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Ah yes morally superior because I replied to the wrong person. Love what your morals encompass because you didn’t even seem bothered by your fellow Americans wishing r*pe shit on strangers, and comparing lesbian to fascist, which is apparently what you’re also against! Anyways, your question has been discussed for pages already. Please stop trying to beat a dead horse.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Honestly none of these arguments matter tbh, the girl is doing fine whether people like her apology or not. She's gonna be performing like nothing happened and things will never change. Korean values and issues will always prime to these idols and their careers and i guess it's up to us as foreigners to choose whether to accept that, challenge it (goodluck with that) or just quit this industry.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
24 Mar 2023, 14:36
Honestly none of these arguments matter tbh, the girl is doing fine whether people like her apology or not. She's gonna be performing like nothing happened and things will never change. Korean values and issues will always prime to these idols and their careers and i guess it's up to us as foreigners to choose whether to accept that, challenge it (goodluck with that) or just quit this industry.
As lesbians we really need to start taking this more seriously. This may seem like a distant issue to some of you but it is part of the wider sphere of bigotry that is normalized in the industry. That includes homophobia. Whether these idols are maliciously bigoted or ignorantly harmful, within the industry nobody gives a shit either way so long as it doesn't shake the status quo in Korea.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
24 Mar 2023, 14:45
Guest wrote:
As lesbians we really need to start taking this more seriously. This may seem like a distant issue to some of you but it is part of the wider sphere of bigotry that is normalized in the industry. That includes homophobia. Whether these idols are maliciously bigoted or ignorantly harmful, within the industry nobody gives a shit either way so long as it doesn't shake the status quo in Korea.
I realized this years ago, and it also stemmed from a visit to the country and i admit i still care about one Kpop group but it stops at browsing the threads here. It won't do anything and i understand that me being here is still giving that industry attention and it can be hypocritical since these are threads about Koreans after all, but i refuse to give money towards this country and industry. The lack of respect and regard to anything and anyone who isn't Korean is alarming. The insistence on remaining ignorant to international fans sentiments even though they make money more of off them bothers me. It won't kill them to have some respect.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
24 Mar 2023, 14:33
Ah yes morally superior because I replied to the wrong person. Love what your morals encompass because you didn’t even seem bothered by your fellow Americans wishing r*pe shit on strangers, and comparing lesbian to fascist, which is apparently what you’re also against! Anyways, your question has been discussed for pages already. Please stop trying to beat a dead horse.
Babe, YOU'RE the one who brought up ~moral superiority,~ I was making fun of you. Your social skills are too low to be on the internet, you're gonna give yourself a heart attack.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
23 Mar 2023, 17:53
Guest wrote:
I just hope It won't be anything like Moonlit Winter, where there's a slow build up for the lesbian lovers' reunion just for them to interact for like 5 minutes, not even a hug or kiss :nervous:
DA I think they will have a lot of scenes together but the director called this a sad and horrific story. Don't expect a happy ending =_=

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
24 Mar 2023, 14:53
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
I realized this years ago, and it also stemmed from a visit to the country and i admit i still care about one Kpop group but it stops at browsing the threads here. It won't do anything and i understand that me being here is still giving that industry attention and it can be hypocritical since these are threads about Koreans after all, but i refuse to give money towards this country and industry. The lack of respect and regard to anything and anyone who isn't Korean is alarming. The insistence on remaining ignorant to international fans sentiments even though they make money more of off them bothers me. It won't kill them to have some respect.
Da I worked there as a teacher for years and I agree.

Look, at this point to me, kpop is this thing I like because the women are hot and the songs are sometimes bops. Just like with Western artists, I don't expect kpop idols to be serving me anything intelligent politically. Of course, if they end up being vile I tend to stray away from them, but people are setting themselves up expecting these people, especially koreans, to be acting any other way. Koreans are very, very racist and they do not care what you think about it. They are vilely racist, often in ways that do stem from ignorance but they are complicit in that they refuse to learn. Korea is a country where 99 percent of people are Korean, they don't care what you think, they are going to go home to their country where they understand how everything works and everything services them culturally.

If you want to stan an idol who isn't likely to be racist, even if its through dumbassery, pick a forienger. Even they will disappoint you, like Wendy, because again...Koreans love racial stereotypes. They are quite half witted as a people sometimes and their main past time is sitting around as 30 year olds playing hungry hippos and drinking makgoli. Yes, even the gay ones are racist as hell. My ex partner was racist about absolutely everyone except koreans.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

:rofl: at the Americans getting all worked up about people overgeneralizing Americans and then doing the exact same thing to Koreans.

I genuinely hope all of you who are complaining about racism and homophobia in Korea are directing the same energy to to fighting the systemic racism that exists in the US and homophobic policies like the Don't Say Gay bill.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
24 Mar 2023, 15:40
:rofl: at the Americans getting all worked up about people overgeneralizing Americans and then doing the exact same thing to Koreans.

I genuinely hope all of you who are complaining about racism and homophobia in Korea are directing the same energy to to fighting the systemic racism that exists in the US and homophobic policies like the Don't Say Gay bill.
I am the person above you and I'm not American.

But I do agree. Americans are rich to constantly call Korea out on *checks notes* overzealous christianity, cults, history of racism, open homophobia. If anything I'm sure many western celebs are just as bad as Korean ones, they just hide it better because cancel culture exists now. Taylor Swift was posing with a swastika early in her career but you'll never see a think piece about why that is and linking it to American culture, or have people now calling her a Nazi. And *she* must have known what it was. I also do find it interesting that so many kpop fans are POC from America and say horrendously racist things about Asian people, lament how awful kpop is, and spend so much money on it anyway. It's self loathing.

That's why it's best to keep your distance emotionally. These people are pop stars, which is already one tick in the stupid ass column. It's fascinating to me too that with this shirt incident, kpop fans are acting like its never happened before when its happened at least 10 other times and they've still chosen to engage with the industry.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
24 Mar 2023, 15:28
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
DA I think they will have a lot of scenes together but the director called this a sad and horrific story. Don't expect a happy ending =_=
DA Moonlit winter was so good tbh even if it didn't have intimate scenes or the build-up was slow. It showed that girl loving girl could be real too and it can have depth too even if they were apart from each other all these years. If HSH's movie ends up being like that I would love to watch it. Because rather than showing intimacy I would like to watch something with a good plot.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
24 Mar 2023, 15:40

oops she wasnt american!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Da I agree about Moonlit Winter being great as it was. It’s one of my all time favorites. The story stuck with me for a long time and it has some of the best acting I’ve ever seen.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
24 Mar 2023, 15:36
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Look, at this point to me, kpop is this thing I like because the women are hot and the songs are sometimes bops. Just like with Western artists, I don't expect kpop idols to be serving me anything intelligent politically. Of course, if they end up being vile I tend to stray away from them, but people are setting themselves up expecting these people, especially koreans, to be acting any other way. Koreans are very, very racist and they do not care what you think about it. They are vilely racist, often in ways that do stem from ignorance but they are complicit in that they refuse to learn. Korea is a country where 99 percent of people are Korean, they don't care what you think, they are going to go home to their country where they understand how everything works and everything services them culturally.

If you want to stan an idol who isn't likely to be racist, even if its through dumbassery, pick a forienger. Even they will disappoint you, like Wendy, because again...Koreans love racial stereotypes. They are quite half witted as a people sometimes and their main past time is sitting around as 30 year olds playing hungry hippos and drinking makgoli. Yes, even the gay ones are racist as hell. My ex partner was racist about absolutely everyone except koreans.
My trip lasted a long while and it was one hell of an experience, the fact that they are so unapologetic about their misconceptions baffled me. They say the most fucked up shit and don't even realize how insane that is and are too in an echo chamber to realize it bother to learn. So my answer is not to expect them to change, because like you said how do you change when these things are normal in your surroundings? And even when i tried to express my thoughts they doubled down and were combative about their shit.

I just hate how anyone who goes there is expected to respect them, but they wouldn't do the same when they are abroad. And what happened with the Twice girl shows that mindset and how it'll never change. So i'm just gonna follow my group through this board until i move on without having any expectations, but i'll keep my money while at it.
To the weird anon up there, i'm also not American. I've never set foot in the US, maybe stop the obsession?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
24 Mar 2023, 16:01
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
DA Moonlit winter was so good tbh even if it didn't have intimate scenes or the build-up was slow. It showed that girl loving girl could be real too and it can have depth too even if they were apart from each other all these years. If HSH's movie ends up being like that I would love to watch it. Because rather than showing intimacy I would like to watch something with a good plot.
The film will have flashback scenes and scenes set in the present. I think the main character is played by the other actress.She is playing an actress who is unhappy with her life and career and starts remembering her high school years and past lover(Han So Hee). The scene we saw is set in the present time since Han So Hee is asking her if she still looks pretty. The director might mean the self harm when talking about the sad story.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
24 Mar 2023, 16:19
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

My trip lasted a long while and it was one hell of an experience, the fact that they are so unapologetic about their misconceptions baffled me. They say the most fucked up shit and don't even realize how insane that is and are too in an echo chamber to realize it bother to learn. So my answer is not to expect them to change, because like you said how do you change when these things are normal in your surroundings? And even when i tried to express my thoughts they doubled down and were combative about their shit.

I just hate how anyone who goes there is expected to respect them, but they wouldn't do the same when they are abroad. And what happened with the Twice girl shows that mindset and how it'll never change. So i'm just gonna follow my group through this board until i move on without having any expectations, but i'll keep my money while at it.
To the weird anon up there, i'm also not American. I've never set foot in the US, maybe stop the obsession?
Sa completely. I mean we are talking about a country where you are required to fill half of your resume space with a photograph of yourself and people will very openly tell you over the phone that you're too black or too fat to get teaching work in x place. I am white and relatively good looking which I was explicitly told meant I could work wherever I want because every school wants pretty white women =_= It's legal to exclude foreigners from bars or cafes, anti discrimination laws are highly controversial, and all koreans truly care about (and this is a generalisation obviously) is skin care, eating + drinking alcohol, and buying luxury brands. I struggled to have a political conversation with literally anyone including gay women.

But its not just exclusive to koreans. My friend is from Taiwan and I asked her what she thought of the scandal and she straight up said she completely believes she didn't know, she hates white people for expecting asian people to know the same things, and she finds that expectation anti asian in its "racism". I really don't think it clicks for most western kpop fans that these people do. not. think. like. you and you can't force them to. Which is why asessing who is or isn't gay based on westerns stereotypes about what gay women look like or do is a farce much of the time too. 'A lesbian would never like a boy group', girl go to Seoul and you'll get a shock.

The thing I do find insincere too is the Americans who say like 'if you come to my country you should look up and respect its values' like when have you ever seen an American act respectfully abroad? :rofl: Not meaning to continue the American conversation but the lack of awareness...

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Why don't you just move on now if you think so lowly of Koreans? Stop getting entertained for free by people you don't respect. Have some dignity

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

TWICE became more popular in US after scandal.
50% of US population is lowkey racist and anti-Semitic so even if a few of them support Twice that would be cool.
There is a huge untapped market of racists out there. Those folks love FOX, Trump, Taylor Swift, Morgan Wallen, Yellowstone and country music. Now they admire Chaeyoung.
Kpop companies will look into this for future.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
24 Mar 2023, 16:36
50% of US population is lowkey racist and anti-Semitic so even if a few of them support Twice that would be cool.
There is a huge untapped market of racists out there. Those folks love FOX, Trump, Taylor Swift, Morgan Wallen, Yellowstone and country music. Now they admire Chaeyoung.
You are sincerely very stupid.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Why are people surprised by Americans overestimating their importance when it comes to kpop when they literally do it with everything else? All these American kpop tiktokers making videos about how Twice is finished, when somebody like Kan*e still has 52 mil monthly listeners on spotify. :rofl:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
24 Mar 2023, 16:28
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Sa completely. I mean we are talking about a country where you are required to fill half of your resume space with a photograph of yourself and people will very openly tell you over the phone that you're too black or too fat to get teaching work in x place. I am white and relatively good looking which I was explicitly told meant I could work wherever I want because every school wants pretty white women =_= It's legal to exclude foreigners from bars or cafes, anti discrimination laws are highly controversial, and all koreans truly care about (and this is a generalisation obviously) is skin care, eating + drinking alcohol, and buying luxury brands. I struggled to have a political conversation with literally anyone including gay women.

But its not just exclusive to koreans. My friend is from Taiwan and I asked her what she thought of the scandal and she straight up said she completely believes she didn't know, she hates white people for expecting asian people to know the same things, and she finds that expectation anti asian in its "racism". I really don't think it clicks for most western kpop fans that these people do. not. think. like. you and you can't force them to. Which is why asessing who is or isn't gay based on westerns stereotypes about what gay women look like or do is a farce much of the time too. 'A lesbian would never like a boy group', girl go to Seoul and you'll get a shock.

The thing I do find insincere too is the Americans who say like 'if you come to my country you should look up and respect its values' like when have you ever seen an American act respectfully abroad? :rofl: Not meaning to continue the American conversation but the lack of awareness...
Chinese people are similar to them, it's just that Chinese idols aren't that relevant abroad so they get away with it. They straight up stop talking to you if they learn that you aren't actually a white westerner. And it's funny you said that because i lost count of how many times i was told too pale for my ethnicity and that i fit their beauty standards so if i stayed longer i might have an easy ride. Or that i didn't look like other people who shared my ethnicity, then they proceeded to talk about what they consider bad about my people. I was shocked to have someone say such things to my face. I also agree about the misconception of using foreign stereotypes to view gay women there.

I understand that they live in an echo chamber and being such a homogeneous population without large foreigners living there, they don't have to adapt to anything but their own standards and values. That's why i don't expect any change even though i do wish at least the idols would try since they work abroad a lot and have the means to learn. They don't have to comply to other people's standards, just learn how not to offend people.

^to the other anon who replied, it's none of your business what i want to do with my free time.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
24 Mar 2023, 16:39
Guest wrote:
24 Mar 2023, 16:36
You are sincerely very stupid.
The best part is she will say "they sold out all the venues" when you couldn't buy a ticket without a code you had to register for like over a week ago :rofl: The conservatives are clairvoyant too I guess.

I have seen people trying to say that it was a deliberate marketing tactic, and I have never seen brain rot quite like it. It's genuinely scary to me how poor critical thinking skills have become that no matter what side of politics you're on, everything is somehow turned into a slight conspiracy theory. Bonkers. Next they'll be saying Blackpink's team are desperate to catch up to Twice's US success, and they are making Jennie a KKK outfit right this minute.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
24 Mar 2023, 16:41
Why are people surprised by Americans overestimating their importance when it comes to kpop when they literally do it with everything else? All these American kpop tiktokers making videos about how Twice is finished, when somebody like Kan*e still has 52 mil monthly listeners on spotify. :rofl:
I mean kpop fans are removed from normal human people most of the time. No one outside of kpop spaces is even talking about this and its only been two days. Why? Because we just went through a pandemic, everything is shit, and no one actually cares that one korean 23 year old chick is a stupid. Like it's not interesting, especially to most american GP members who would rather get hit by a truck than remember a name like chaeyoung in the first place.

Kpop fans are still talking about this, when they didn't care the last like 560 times an idol wore a swastika, because that group is very successful atm and its making the two biggest fandoms in kpop shit themselves collectively with chronically online syndrome. If BTS weren't finished the first 4 times they did something anti Semitic, no one is. And its not even that people dont understand that swastika = bad, people are just exhausted and don't have the mental bandwith to obsess over condemning some girl who tbqh very obvs did not know what she was doing to its full extent. It's really not very interesting to people who aren't stans.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

[/quote]
The bolded bit is one of the sentiments that came up here. I'd be interested to know if it was asian foreigners who were pushing that narrative (though they would probably lie now that it's been pointed out.)

The constant left-field america trolling also seems to be intended as a distraction, either to take attention away from what happened, or on a personal level to make it look like if everyone sucks then no one can judge their precious meow meow.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
24 Mar 2023, 16:49
Guest wrote:
I mean kpop fans are removed from normal human people most of the time. No one outside of kpop spaces is even talking about this and its only been two days. Why? Because we just went through a pandemic, everything is shit, and no one actually cares that one korean 23 year old chick is a stupid. Like it's not interesting, especially to most american GP members who would rather get hit by a truck than remember a name like chaeyoung in the first place.

Kpop fans are still talking about this, when they didn't care the last like 560 times an idol wore a swastika, because that group is very successful atm and its making the two biggest fandoms in kpop shit themselves collectively with chronically online syndrome. If BTS weren't finished the first 4 times they did something anti Semitic, no one is. And its not even that people dont understand that swastika = bad, people are just exhausted and don't have the mental bandwith to obsess over condemning some girl who tbqh very obvs did not know what she was doing to its full extent. It's really not very interesting to people who aren't stans.
I completely agree with everything you said. I only became a kpop fan in 2021 and I completely understand why nobody takes stans seriously. They never hold the male idols to the same standards and every time a female idol fcks up they use it to make jokes, make a tiktok video or start fanwars, which just means they don’t actually care about the issues. My gf and I both had our families directly affected by na*is and while we agree that what she did was incredibly dumb, calling her a neo na*i and putting her in the same basket as kan*e is just insane. And to add, we don’t even stan twice.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:

The bolded bit is one of the sentiments that came up here. I'd be interested to know if it was asian foreigners who were pushing that narrative (though they would probably lie now that it's been pointed out.)

The constant left-field america trolling also seems to be intended as a distraction, either to take attention away from what happened, or on a personal level to make it look like if everyone sucks then no one can judge their precious meow meow.
[/quote]

Sa I don't really agree with your tone or implication.

You will find most East Asian people would feel like it's racist or...something-ist to be expected to have the same knowledge of things as Western people. And sometimes that's silly, and sometimes they have a point. It's more complicated than people would like it to be.

And I think your last sentence is part of why this discussion is overall boring for me. Everyone does suck in one way or another, the United States is very far from excluded from that and people are not wrong when they state that Westerners expect people from the East to adhere to Western culture, but not the other way around. You can't start a conversation about Easterners and their lack of values and then get surprised when people turn around and point out criticisms about your own country.

At the end of the day I agree with someone above, which is that most people who don't care about kpop don't care about this, because most people have decided the girl made a mistake. What puts a bad taste in my mouth is that people keep going back and forth trying to win points on the issue, to the point that it feels like no one actually cares about the issue. Korea is a highly internal, highly racist country, where ignorance is very, very common and very, very tolerated. They do not understand why black face is offensive, or the n word, or Nazi symbolizim. And they aren't going to change for you. Just as many Westerners don't understand a single thing about Eastern countries and supported a war based purely on racial hatred and suspicion. People are dumb.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
24 Mar 2023, 17:05
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

I completely agree with everything you said. I only became a kpop fan in 2021 and I completely understand why nobody takes stans seriously. They never hold the male idols to the same standards and every time a female idol fcks up they use it to make jokes, make a tiktok video or start fanwars, which just means they don’t actually care about the issues. My gf and I both had our families directly affected by na*is and while we agree that what she did was incredibly dumb, calling her a neo na*i and putting her in the same basket as kan*e is just insane. And to add, we don’t even stan twice.
Da x 2 i am jewish on my mothers side and I moved past this yesterday. I think she did something super stupid and I judge her for being that stupid, but that's about it. I am finding the amount of people trying to create this case that she's a neo nazi or trying to say that her record company wanted to use this as a media moment really offensive and honestly, I stayed out of online spaces until like today because it was really upsetting me seeing people not give a single fuck and just use it for fanwars.I really do think 100 percent of the people pretending shes a nazi fr are doing it in bad faith because they stan some other group her group is in competition with, because its such a stupid position to take in this case. I was on LSA yesterday for 5 min and left the second I read someone say that she was doing it to get white men to sleep with her and the company decided to brand her as a nazi to get more albums sold like I am so tired, no one cares about us, used to it.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

guest wrote:
24 Mar 2023, 14:23
Guest wrote:

Guest wrote:

See, this is the problem right here. No one is asking anyone to stroke the American ego. We're just asking you to stop judging the people who post on this board by what a bunch of angry white men destroying our government do. Do you insult women in Islamic countries because of what they were born into? All of us do not boast about our incomes or claim that our country is the greatest but you routinely insult the ladies who post here by insisting that we do. It seems like we're all a bunch of angry hypocrites here because I can almost guarantee there will be some insulting anti-American or anti some other country response that follows. You can gtfo with your judgmental bullshit. They should change the name of this place to angry c*nt chat. No wonder the main board cast us aside. I can't even stand us anymore.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
The film will have flashback scenes and scenes set in the present. I think the main character is played by the other actress.She is playing an actress who is unhappy with her life and career and starts remembering her high school years and past lover(Han So Hee). The scene we saw is set in the present time since Han So Hee is asking her if she still looks pretty. The director might mean the self harm when talking about the sad story.
Btw does anyone have that clip with english subtitles?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
24 Mar 2023, 17:56
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Btw does anyone have that clip with english subtitles?
I posted this here a week ago.