IRENE of RED VELVET

Reactions:

Re: IRENE of RED VELVET

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 Mar 2023, 16:40

Until what's confirmed? Man I hate when people post these cryptic tweets with no context :nervous:
Probably the aseul thing. It's the twt acc that the prev anon posted before you share a tweet about the subunit too.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

🤧
Guest wrote:
20 Mar 2023, 15:00
Because of the lack of interviews we don't get to know about what irene's thinking these days ... But I've been reading her past interviews and I really really liked her a lot, and looked up to her actually. So I really hope the passionate and ambitious irene about her career in these past interview is still here. Thankfully what she said in birthday fancalls cheered me up and make me believe in this too. (queendom and fmr fancalls are kinda depressing)
Right? I miss her interviews.
I believe that people judge me the way they do because I look like that to them (she stopped talking once more)… But it doesn’t completely not bother me. Actually, I get influenced a lot [by what others think of me].
— Irene for GQ Korea
When do you think you look prettiest?
When I look a bit disheveled. When my hair is disheveled, before I go to sleep.
[Looks at her manager, who is shaking her head] Maybe not... I think I'm prettiest with makeup on. [Laughs]
You should film another one.
I... am up for it. The way other people act and talk fascinates me. I think, "If it were me I would do it like this, but you can do it like that too." That's why I think acting is charming.
"And I have another goal. I don't want to live a closed life."
High Cut Magazine, 2017

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 Mar 2023, 17:53

🤧
Guest wrote:
20 Mar 2023, 15:00
Because of the lack of interviews we don't get to know about what irene's thinking these days ... But I've been reading her past interviews and I really really liked her a lot, and looked up to her actually. So I really hope the passionate and ambitious irene about her career in these past interview is still here. Thankfully what she said in birthday fancalls cheered me up and make me believe in this too. (queendom and fmr fancalls are kinda depressing)
Right? I miss her interviews.
I believe that people judge me the way they do because I look like that to them (she stopped talking once more)… But it doesn’t completely not bother me. Actually, I get influenced a lot [by what others think of me].
— Irene for GQ Korea
When do you think you look prettiest?
When I look a bit disheveled. When my hair is disheveled, before I go to sleep.
[Looks at her manager, who is shaking her head] Maybe not... I think I'm prettiest with makeup on. [Laughs]
You should film another one.
I... am up for it. The way other people act and talk fascinates me. I think, "If it were me I would do it like this, but you can do it like that too." That's why I think acting is charming.
"And I have another goal. I don't want to live a closed life."
High Cut Magazine, 2017
Why do you hapve to bring it back agapin. Nowp i am sad. Because she wanted to live an open life, to act.. Where are all these ?? We can't even get a ig story let alone post or solo stuff💔 :bigcry:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

See anything missing there? :eyeroll: :lol:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Mar 2023, 02:00
Good job to IRENE NEWS

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Lol. I'm just dancing and laughing :rofl:

Why baejoohyunews et al didn't filter it in the first place? I still choose #OneMoreBirthdayTillIreneFreedom :fingcross:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Lol why did they delete the tweet?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Mar 2023, 02:18
Guest wrote:
Lol. I'm just dancing and laughing :rofl:

Why baejoohyunews et al didn't filter it in the first place? I still choose #OneMoreBirthdayTillIreneFreedom :fingcross:
They obviously agree #OneMoreBirthdayTillIreneFreedom :rofl:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

x100

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Mar 2023, 05:46
x100
That's not an excuse for not asking for a birthday party though, no one will retaliate if they asked. They are just passive and useless or know Irene doesn't want it.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I have no doubt that bjhnews would remove it, I think last year or the year before that they also removed one of the #. So I don't know why people freaked. Well anyway, I'm one of those who chose the controversial # on google form lol. Besides, the other #s aren't appealing to me. HappyIreneDay still superior. But usually HappyIreneDay will still be included along with the voted one, so it's good

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Bingo.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Mar 2023, 18:20
Bingo.

Because she's a coward who doesn't want to face the backlash or the anger from fans if she says it's her choice. She knows many will interpret it as her hating fans or not wanting to be near them. So why not stay mum and save yourself the hassle and let your fans blame the company?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Mar 2023, 18:26
Guest wrote:
21 Mar 2023, 18:20
Bingo.

Because she's a coward who doesn't want to face the backlash or the anger from fans if she says it's her choice. She knows many will interpret it as her hating fans or not wanting to be near them. So why not stay mum and save yourself the hassle and let your fans blame the company?
DA i dont believe she's a coward but i do believe that she doesnt want to anger us, her fans. somehow we all know how crazy SOME of us are. just what i like i said few pages i ago, i already accept it that she will not have a birthday party but i just hope she will do a birthday live just like ta3y3on did.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Mar 2023, 21:46
Guest wrote:
Bingo.

DA i dont believe she's a coward but i do believe that she doesnt want to anger us, her fans. somehow we all know how crazy SOME of us are. just what i like i said few pages i ago, i already accept it that she will not have a birthday party but i just hope she will do a birthday live just like ta3y3on did.
DA She already knows her fans are going to be upset but probably doesn't want to give attention to her mistreatment. No IG highlight and what else. Something's just not right with her management.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Mar 2023, 22:00
Guest wrote:
21 Mar 2023, 21:46
Guest wrote:
Bingo.

DA She already knows her fans are going to be upset but probably doesn't want to give attention to her mistreatment. No IG highlight and what else. Something's just not right with her management.
How the fuck is her acting like an adult and saying she chose not to have the birthday party because they're busy or some shit "giving attention to her mistreatment"? Taeyeon said she decided. She just wants her cake and eat it too and you people love ignoring it. She knows fans will get upset by her decision so she's hiding behind them blaming SM. Why bother risk your fandom when they already made you an excuse? And you all know she's not doing any live.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

The only argument you guys have is "no, she didn't actually mean it"

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Hah... going to convert to solo baetokki now :nails:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Why does it feels like I'm in irene's haters thread sometimes, but well, this user found what I've been looking for .. so she said it twice about the birthday party. 1st from fmr era, and 2nd from birthday era.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 04:57
Hah... going to convert to solo baetokki now :nails:
I've been a solo stan since after queendom I think ... Never expected it, my fav is always irene but I used to like them as 5 a lot and even said after w accident I'm going to take a rest from being a fangirl for awhile until rv is complete again. And now I just don't care much about the other members and continue to scroll my timeline until I see irene related tweet lol.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

the hope :nervous: rv fandom is crumbling

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 12:50
Funny when you realize she was responsible for everything that has led to drama and issues and the crumbling of the fandom. From her scandal, to her stans being dramatic about her through every comeback and solo debut, to her lying to fans in fansigns, to her going to support awful men, to her birthday party and it'll continue when some dude will show up at the concert to support her and when she'll go again to his concert and and the fandom erupts and it'll happen again and so on.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
The endless gaslighting, selective memory, slander, etc. Idk if karma is real and kpop is messy and toxic so this was not the first time this happened to a group but I wonder what will happen to those people instead of looking at the sexist company is rather attacking this woman. May Irene's lucky big ears charm those toxics away and bring her luck somewhere else absolutely not RV. :dramaqueen:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 13:51
Guest wrote:
The endless gaslighting, selective memory, slander, etc. Idk if karma is real and kpop is messy and toxic so this was not the first time this happened to a group but I wonder what will happen to those people instead of looking at the sexist company is rather attacking this woman. May Irene's lucky big ears charm those toxics away and bring her luck somewhere else absolutely not RV. :dramaqueen:
Didn't karma hit Irene actually? She's the one who lost it all. The group is more successful than it ever was and the rest are working and thriving. So maybe don't use that word.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 12:06
Why does it feels like I'm in irene's haters thread sometimes, but well, this user found what I've been looking for .. so she said it twice about the birthday party. 1st from fmr era, and 2nd from birthday era.

Thanks anon!

I found the og tweet

It's from an OT5 account funnily enough
https://twitter.com/search?lang=en&q=%2 ... yped_query

16/17 months to go till Irene Freedom. :nails:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Honestly the big reason I stopped become rv's fan is because of the lack of irene (the other reason is because of their music lately). Like even their twitter acc annoys me now, lol. But recently I saw j's animal farm posted on the acc ... Did they do that before ? Or is this because of the sm 3.0 plan ? Anyway, can't wait for irene at the concerts :dramaqueen: and I wonder if all the mushy ot5 contents at the concerts later on will make me like the group again, lol.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 13:33
Guest wrote:
Funny when you realize she was responsible for everything that has led to drama and issues and the crumbling of the fandom. From her scandal, to her stans being dramatic about her through every comeback and solo debut, to her lying to fans in fansigns, to her going to support awful men, to her birthday party and it'll continue when some dude will show up at the concert to support her and when she'll go again to his concert and and the fandom erupts and it'll happen again and so on.
Whoa man, op above true that this is really Irene's antis thread lol

You spread lies with your sentence.
- Irene (not like others that spread sweet talk) didn't say something that still not sure to fans, unless SM fuck it up.
- Her going to what, suju concert? Bich, she attend to all sm concert since day1 not just his concert, whether because she is genuinely respect or EsEm family concept.

My man, i knew that Irene popularities since the first, made drama and issues from other stans because they thought mistreated happens to their idol. That's Sm responsible. Irene fault is being original visual only
so please read spoiler post above-that I post ofc-, reveluv sees when it comes to Irene, its not Sm fault but her lol. The double standard there

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 14:14
Guest wrote:
Thanks anon!

I found the og tweet

Irene freedom :goldstar: now we just gotta enjoy the very little content of irene :lol: at least next week we'll have bday content, and 2 concerts. Also how do you think the timeline this year will be ? I'm guessing
may-june = concert tour
july-sept = solo stuffs
oct/nov/dec = rv's 3rd full album

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 13:56
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Didn't karma hit Irene actually? She's the one who lost it all. The group is more successful than it ever was and the rest are working and thriving. So maybe don't use that word.
She was lost because she was doing right? Tha was a big movement, I appreciate that :clap:
Correct your sentence, today, the group flops and the rest are busy working solo.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 15:23
Guest wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 13:56
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
She was lost because she was doing right? Tha was a big movement, I appreciate that :clap:
Correct your sentence, today, the group flops and the rest are busy working solo.
In what world is the group flopping? They are selling like never before. Making shit up just to fit your fantasy and make yourself feel better is pathetic.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

If she is that unnecessary then what are you doing in her thread. Go sh#t on her on your ot5 thread. This place is fo baetokkis only . No need for ot5 rvs coming. I have seen enough of these in the other thread. Leave Irene alone :ragee:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 15:10
Guest wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 14:14
Guest wrote:
Thanks anon!

I found the og tweet

Irene freedom :goldstar: now we just gotta enjoy the very little content of irene :lol: at least next week we'll have bday content, and 2 concerts. Also how do you think the timeline this year will be ? I'm guessing
may-june = concert tour
july-sept = solo stuffs
oct/nov/dec = rv's 3rd full album
aug/24 adios to akgaes(bitter and insecure low humans) :dance2:

The translation hits differently.
Irene: "We have to have an Irene party. We have to invite them. We will invite everyone. Let's have an Irene party where everyone can be together."

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

And the baetokkis will continue to buy :lol:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

:blow:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

a summary of what irene related thing from the live :

- comment mentioned naughty
- irene said rv's lightstick need to be brighter and she hoped they can change it
- she still doesn't care and tired of mbti
- comment said to irene to post on instagram
- somebody said 'can you be my mother irene'
- irene's tmi is she wanted to dance a strong choreo so she had dance lesson before group's practice
also b&w thing for the concert

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

She barely said a word... I miss the Irene we saw in their Vietnam IG live from 2019 🥺

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Maybe it's because I'm too emotional today, but these two tweets almost made me tear up :'(

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
24 Mar 2023, 06:18
Maybe it's because I'm too emotional today, but these two tweets almost made me tear up :'(

Take it up with the editor then? So many people have dirt on her but no one ever dared to question her

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
SM also wouldn't get the Prada deal for her, only to ruin it themselves. You understand that right? Stop being such cowards and acknowledge it's not SM fault that the editor is a sensitive person. You could have collected evidence that the editor was in some suspicious stuff involved, even other staff spoke against her. But no, you guys let 2 years pass and the editor is now a CEO of a clothing company, living out her little revenge fantasy.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
24 Mar 2023, 12:16
Guest wrote:
SM also wouldn't get the Prada deal for her, only to ruin it themselves. You understand that right? Stop being such cowards and acknowledge it's not SM fault that the editor is a sensitive person. You could have collected evidence that the editor was in some suspicious stuff involved, even other staff spoke against her. But no, you guys let 2 years pass and the editor is now a CEO of a clothing company, living out her little revenge fantasy.
da
Ikr? Like why would SM sabotage one of their most successful idols ffs, it's them losing money as well. No company wants a scandal, they're a huge hassle to deal with. If they wanted to sabotage her, they would have simply shelved her quietly and stopped accepting her endorsements. It was SM that gave her the subunit, the movie and those endorsements. Irene didn't achieve this on her own while sitting at her home in Daegu.

Not saying SM is great but rest of the bs that fans keeps bringing up is just the typical SM lack of professionalism, they simply don't know how to manage their idols that well. The results is always unsatisfied fans and idols. I'd love to blame SM since that company is pure garbage, but things aren't always some conspiracy against your fave, it's just a general lack of professionalism that has always existed with this company.

And even Irene herself understands that she fucked up and it's her luck that she stumbled on a sensitive person who wasn't going to take it. Irene's state after shows that she blamed herself and learned from that, why can't fans do the same? Everything has to be a drama with this fandom now, like yesterday that live showed that it's her decision not to post on Instagram and it's not SM doing it. Even her not talking became some conspiracy when Seulgi also barely talked, it was 5 of them and they were mostly reading comments. Not everything is a drama, why not focus on her seeming happy and content and excited to perform? The negativity must be exhausting.

Also what editor? Isn't the woman a stylist?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
24 Mar 2023, 13:10
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
da
Ikr? Like why would SM sabotage one of their most successful idols ffs, it's them losing money as well. No company wants a scandal, they're a huge hassle to deal with. If they wanted to sabotage her, they would have simply shelved her quietly and stopped accepting her endorsements. It was SM that gave her the subunit, the movie and those endorsements. Irene didn't achieve this on her own while sitting at her home in Daegu.

Not saying SM is great but rest of the bs that fans keeps bringing up is just the typical SM lack of professionalism, they simply don't know how to manage their idols that well. The results is always unsatisfied fans and idols. I'd love to blame SM since that company is pure garbage, but things aren't always some conspiracy against your fave, it's just a general lack of professionalism that has always existed with this company.

And even Irene herself understands that she fucked up and it's her luck that she stumbled on a sensitive person who wasn't going to take it. Irene's state after shows that she blamed herself and learned from that, why can't fans do the same? Everything has to be a drama with this fandom now, like yesterday that live showed that it's her decision not to post on Instagram and it's not SM doing it. Even her not talking became some conspiracy when Seulgi also barely talked, it was 5 of them and they were mostly reading comments. Not everything is a drama, why not focus on her seeming happy and content and excited to perform? The negativity must be exhausting.

Also what editor? Isn't the woman a stylist?
She is both I think, but she was described as editor during the scandal because I assume she worked as editor on that situation

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
DA She's always been the CEO of a clothing company. https://archive.is/lltt0

There's just so many instances that make SM questionable. I was following the RV thread before it turned into an akgae thread but that's where I read most of it.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
24 Mar 2023, 15:00
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

There's just so many instances that make SM questionable. I was following the RV thread before it turned into an akgae thread but that's where I read most of it.
da
SM has always been incompetent, Irene isn't some special case. Fans of those dudes like the one from ncti can easily claim that SM has a conspiracy against their fave and that he was simply a greedy manwhore which isn't exactly a crime, see? Anyone can start some conspiracy. There's nothing special in Irene's case beyond SM being shitty.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
24 Mar 2023, 15:08
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

da
SM has always been incompetent, Irene isn't some special case. Fans of those dudes like the one from ncti can easily claim that SM has a conspiracy against their fave and that he was simply a greedy manwhore which isn't exactly a crime, see? Anyone can start some conspiracy. There's nothing special in Irene's case beyond SM being shitty.
da, I agree. The fact that Irene apologized three times showed that she knew she fucked up and I admire that she took the initiative to own up to her action, not like the nct dude. SM is shit, we all know that but if Irene was in another company, they might just dropped her. Ang tbh, the lack of social media presence from Irene is affecting her overall career. Producers, magazine, or brands usually reach out to companies first or coordinate with a third party agency to help them find their next model/ambassadors. But if Irene knows that and it is still her choice to not post anything on insta, then I respect that. It is her choice.

Fans tend to project what they want because to be honest they just want to see more of her and that’s it. The question is, do we really know what Irene wants?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
24 Mar 2023, 15:25
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

da
da, I agree. The fact that Irene apologized three times showed that she knew she fucked up and I admire that she took the initiative to own up to her action, not like the nct dude. SM is shit, we all know that but if Irene was in another company, they might just dropped her. Ang tbh, the lack of social media presence from Irene is affecting her overall career. Producers, magazine, or brands usually reach out to companies first or coordinate with a third party agency to help them find their next model/ambassadors. But if Irene knows that and it is still her choice to not post anything on insta, then I respect that. It is her choice.

Fans tend to project what they want because to be honest they just want to see more of her and that’s it. The question is, do we really know what Irene wants?
And her antis also tend to project what they want because to be honest they just want to see her less and that's it.

Irene had already said what she wants, opportunities.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
24 Mar 2023, 15:31
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

da

And her antis also tend to project what they want because to be honest they just want to see her less and that's it.

Doesn't match her actions though

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
24 Mar 2023, 15:33
Guest wrote:
24 Mar 2023, 15:31
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

da

Doesn't match her actions though
If she wants opportunities, she needs to put herself out there. It’s not good if SM is making things work for her on her behalf (which is not the case and this applies to all SM artists). Irene expressed that she wanted opportunities before the scandal. That is true. And she is still saying it now whenever fans are cornering her, what do you expect her to say? She is being put on the spot every fancall. Irene needs to be more active, especially now that 4th gen girl groups are taking all the spotlight.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

da

Anyone who has been a fan of more than one SM idol knows that the company is incompetent af, they weren't going to work to revive her career. When these things happen it's up to the idol to use the fact that SM keeps them in the group and their connections to revive their own career.

We don't know what she wants, we have her actions though and it's not like she's some mystery. Some things aren't hard to understand without projection, for example she clearly still cares about performing and enjoys it a lot and i didn't have to rely on words that idols say to please fans to get that. All i need is to see how happy she looks on stage. Yesterday's live showed that it's her decision not post on Instagram, the fact that she has control of her bubble and she's not that active all show that she does have some agency in this. Her scandal was linked to the fashion world and that was a huge part of her brand, so the absence of opportunities in understandable. No one wants to be the first to work with someone who was painted as the devil and wronged a senior and a part of that world.

She also seems happy, she might have hated LSM but she doesn't really seem to despise the company contrary to what some people want to believe. She is a fan of other SM acts and she goes to the concerts and she really doesn't look like she's held hostage. I don't understand what some people use to project their narrative, because it's certainly not things that come straight from Irene.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »