Mamamoo; korean girl group

Reactions:

Re: Mamamoo; korean girl group

Post by Guest »

Personally I was very hyped when they said vampire and sexy I thought they were gonna deliver something like Decalcomanie, but seeing it's retro concept yet again with the same old denim outfits ngl I'm kinda losing my hype for the title track. Chico Malo was a nice song though and at least it delivered something unique concept wise

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
23 Mar 2023, 14:44
Holy shit these capacities are interesting:

New York - 17,500
Baltimore - 14,000
Atlanta - 21,000
Nashville - 20,000
Fort Worth - 14,000
Chicago - 10,000
Glendale - 18,300
Oakland - 19,596
Los Angeles - 17,505

The ones that have fair capacity are New York, LA, Fort Worth, and maybe Chicago. But why the hell is Nashville, Glendale, Atlanta and Oakland so big. I think Chicago could've had a larger arena though, but the arena is right next to a Chinatown which might be good.

Baltimore is hit or miss because Washington DC has a decent sized Asian-American population, but like Baltimore is such a sketchy city. Maybe geographically it's fine but I feel like most people would just go to the New York location if they had to travel. Nashville still makes no sense to me why they chose that city, I need to find the person making these data analytical decisions.
Oakland should pull from the entire Bay Area including San Francisco and all of Silicon Valley, where there's also a big Asian-American population, so I do get the logic there too (as long as their overall optimism on their crowd size is justified).

Atlanta's a bigass metro area too so I kind of get that, and maybe there was only one arena even close to the size they were aiming for available in the window that made sense for their tour. And places could always block off sections of seats and sell less than their full possible capacity whereas you can't really do that the other way around and squeeze more tickets out of a smaller venue that's sold out.

But I'm with you on Nashville and Glendale being odd choices - I mean the Phoenix metro area is also pretty big so that sort of explains Glendale, but it's also not that far from LA, and Nashville especially feels like a gamble. Maybe the US tour promoter made them do some kind of package deal?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:

New York - 17,500
Baltimore - 14,000
Atlanta - 21,000
Nashville - 20,000
Fort Worth - 14,000
Chicago - 10,000
Glendale - 18,300
Oakland - 19,596
Los Angeles - 17,505

The ones that have fair capacity are New York, LA, Fort Worth, and maybe Chicago. But why the hell is Nashville, Glendale, Atlanta and Oakland so big. I think Chicago could've had a larger arena though, but the arena is right next to a Chinatown which might be good.

Baltimore is hit or miss because Washington DC has a decent sized Asian-American population, but like Baltimore is such a sketchy city. Maybe geographically it's fine but I feel like most people would just go to the New York location if they had to travel. Nashville still makes no sense to me why they chose that city, I need to find the person making these data analytical decisions.
Yo! Nashville & Glendale. Lmao. RBW just threw darts on the us map and booked arenas.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:

New York - 17,500
Baltimore - 14,000
Atlanta - 21,000
Nashville - 20,000
Fort Worth - 14,000
Chicago - 10,000
Glendale - 18,300
Oakland - 19,596
Los Angeles - 17,505

as expected of wonderwall, the price predictions I'm seeing are absurd. VIP would be ~500 before fees. That's more than VIP for Twice, who is unarguably far more popular. 20k arena in Nashville is crazy lol. Yeah idk, unless the prices are going to be far lower I expect some venue changes or reworking the stages a lot to downsize. 20k arenas make sense in Asia, but you have to be a pretty big group to pull that off in America.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
23 Mar 2023, 16:03
Guest wrote:

New York - 17,500
Baltimore - 14,000
Atlanta - 21,000
Nashville - 20,000
Fort Worth - 14,000
Chicago - 10,000
Glendale - 18,300
Oakland - 19,596
Los Angeles - 17,505

Oakland should pull from the entire Bay Area including San Francisco and all of Silicon Valley, where there's also a big Asian-American population, so I do get the logic there too (as long as their overall optimism on their crowd size is justified).

Atlanta's a bigass metro area too so I kind of get that, and maybe there was only one arena even close to the size they were aiming for available in the window that made sense for their tour. And places could always block off sections of seats and sell less than their full possible capacity whereas you can't really do that the other way around and squeeze more tickets out of a smaller venue that's sold out.

But I'm with you on Nashville and Glendale being odd choices - I mean the Phoenix metro area is also pretty big so that sort of explains Glendale, but it's also not that far from LA, and Nashville especially feels like a gamble. Maybe the US tour promoter made them do some kind of package deal?
You're right, Oakland will probably be okay. Atlanta might be fine too, I just don't know many southern moos outside of Texas which already has a location. Nashville and Glendale just don't make sense to me especially Glendale. If people are going to travel for a concert in the west, they'll probably pick a California location instead of Arizona. I think it would have been a better decision to have the only southern locations be Atlanta and Fort Worth and let southern fans travel those places instead since Atlanta isn't that far from Nashville.

The places I can see getting at least 70% capacity filled are Chicago, LA, New York, Fort Worth, and maybe Glendale if the Bay area pulls through.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
23 Mar 2023, 16:34
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

New York - 17,500
Baltimore - 14,000
Atlanta - 21,000
Nashville - 20,000
Fort Worth - 14,000
Chicago - 10,000
Glendale - 18,300
Oakland - 19,596
Los Angeles - 17,505

You're right, Oakland will probably be okay. Atlanta might be fine too, I just don't know many southern moos outside of Texas which already has a location. Nashville and Glendale just don't make sense to me especially Glendale. If people are going to travel for a concert in the west, they'll probably pick a California location instead of Arizona. I think it would have been a better decision to have the only southern locations be Atlanta and Fort Worth and let southern fans travel those places instead since Atlanta isn't that far from Nashville.

The places I can see getting at least 70% capacity filled are Chicago, LA, New York, Fort Worth, and maybe Glendale if the Bay area pulls through.
Rbw planning dept = 404 error
What are these arenas ? How is mmm going to fill them up ? Why was Asia robbed with piddly sized venues ? Why weren't ticket prices high in Asia and low is murrica to ensure atleast max capacity if not sold out venues. Most importantly where is the data analysis team of rbw ? Do they exist ? Do they know what is data and analysis? Have they touched grass lately

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
23 Mar 2023, 16:49
Guest wrote:
23 Mar 2023, 16:34
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

New York - 17,500
Baltimore - 14,000
Atlanta - 21,000
Nashville - 20,000
Fort Worth - 14,000
Chicago - 10,000
Glendale - 18,300
Oakland - 19,596
Los Angeles - 17,505

Rbw planning dept = 404 error
What are these arenas ? How is mmm going to fill them up ? Why was Asia robbed with piddly sized venues ? Why weren't ticket prices high in Asia and low is murrica to ensure atleast max capacity if not sold out venues. Most importantly where is the data analysis team of rbw ? Do they exist ? Do they know what is data and analysis? Have they touched grass lately
Da. Huge chance they passed it to FLO and FLO passed it to wonderwall to come up with data/ price point. They could demand higher tix price mostly because it could be the last chance we see them ever. So yeah, people will pull thru. But I'm not sure about the cheaper ticket tho.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I wouldn’t be surprised if venues get canceled or if the tour gets stopped early due to unsold seats. This is insane and feels like a faster way to be like “see we need to move on from MMM” but it’s hard because the girls have been wanting and waiting for this for ages.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Lmao. You all need to get out. ur clearly not fans here and underestimating Mamamoo tremendously and their fanbase and their casual fanbase. They’ll be fine and they’ll easily sell those seats QUICK! Now stop with the concern trolling

_illusions
Reactions: 11

Post by _illusions »

Yeah im trying to be optimistic, theres ways to close off areas in arenas so theres less seats, etc..

But if worse case scenario happens and "not enough tickets" are sold then what? Shows get cancelled? VIP prices makes me think concert tickets will be kinda high... I mean if VIP ticket price is higher than Twice already... thats a tough sell for more casual fans.

Is this the plan all along, set the bar high and if they can't reach its bc MMM should be finished? Whats the game plan rbvv

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

If rbw wanted the group to be finished they would just...end it. Or stick them in the basement as much as possible until contracts, and then not renew anyone. They're not going to go through the trouble of booking venues, hiring crew, scheduling everyone, promoting the tour, etc in the hopes it doesn't sell so they can cancel all the shows and pay fees just to prove their group is worthless. Come on, that's nutso conspiracy-level thinking, even for this thread.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I'm cautiously optimistic about filling the venue seats to a good level for most stops. A lot of the venues are common to ones 2wice went through early last year, for example. I do think their fanbase is bigger overall than MMM's but also I wouldn't have said they were huge in the US (outside dedicated Kpop spaces it seems like many people only know the BeeTeeEss dudes and maaaaaybe BP from Coachella), and yet they managed to do multiple nights in some of those places and succeed well enough to come back again in quick succession (2 more nights in LA tacked onto that early 2022 tour, plus now bigger venues this year). So I am hopeful that MMM can draw enough interest for a good showing on at least one night per stop. And we also haven't seen prices for the show tickets themselves yet right? Those might not be unreachable.

The VIP packages I think we're SOL on price-wise though. I bet they know there are fewer hardcore MMM fans in the US who would pay for that to begin with, plus also they know that we've been waiting a long time for them to come and that they can also play on those "last chance" feelings people are having. (Actually I fully believe in the "Mamamoo will continue" / "I want us to be a 20-year group" messages the girls keep consistently saying, and showing through their coordination to do group activities even across agencies, but I also feel like the world tour might be an opportunity that doesn't come again. Though speaking of a 20-year group, Ep!k H!gh is currently touring North America, so anything is possible!) But ya, given the smaller core fanbase, I think the VIP add-ons over the show tickets is where they're going to really soak us.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I knew anons here got psyop by rbw themselves into taking the girls for granted. Let me remind you some fans probably pull string behind the scene they got performed in blizzcon. The hardcore or even casual fanbase of mamamoo are older with more access money plus people will get to see 100% live vocal than the gimmick BP or even twice pulled in their concerts.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
23 Mar 2023, 18:39
I knew anons here got psyop by rbw themselves into taking the girls for granted. Let me remind you some fans probably pull string behind the scene they got performed in blizzcon. The hardcore or even casual fanbase of mamamoo are older with more access money plus people will get to see 100% live vocal than the gimmick BP or even twice pulled in their concerts.
Even if the fan base is older and loaded and will pay to see mmm. It's a small fan base which will to bring its extended family on both sides to fill seats in some locations.

Rbw is mad. They gave us what we wanted in the Asia tour but in the US tour. But am pretty sure mmm will still sell out in some locations. But am also predicting some re-org mid tour for those locations which won't sell.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I’m not sure why the one person keeps comparing them to twice when the two groups aren’t and have never been comparable in fanbases in Korea or America. But the only dates that I can see getting canceled or downsized are Baltimore and Nashville. The DMV may surprise me but I doubt it and Nashville numbers will be abysmal. You have boy groups that chart on billboard but struggled to sell out dates so.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Does anyone know if this account is legit? Cause I was trying to remain optimistic at first but after seeing this!?? If these prices are real then there is no way they're gonna be able to sell out even half the venues, like are they out of their minds?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
23 Mar 2023, 22:11
Does anyone know if this account is legit? Cause I was trying to remain optimistic at first but after seeing this!?? If these prices are real then there is no way they're gonna be able to sell out even half the venues, like are they out of their minds?

I’m hoping this is way off because wtf???? Those are prices you see for, like, Madonna or Celine Dion, like global superstars. Shitty LA seats starting at 175? They hope to fill arenas at these prices? Maybe the account is full of it, fingers crossed

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Between anons blaming RBW for the prices (and not the American organizer) and the conspiracy anon who thinks they're doing it on purpose to end the group, I'm not sure who's more naive

_illusions
Reactions: 11

Post by _illusions »

I thought about it some more and even if MMM dont have the largest fanbase the tour is jam-packed in 2 weeks so absolutely NO flexibility to add shows if they were to sell out, so large venues that can be downsized is best.

Looking at those possible ticket prices and oof lemme set aside some more money for next week :fool:
Last edited by _illusions on 24 Mar 2023, 03:09, edited 1 time in total.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
23 Mar 2023, 00:24
Guest wrote:
23 Mar 2023, 00:06
Guest wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 23:33
Villanelle171 wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 21:39
Completely off topic but anyone else excited for the upcoming US concert?
My friends and I are planning to attend the NY concert :fingcross: If you guys are going there wanna join us and grab a bite @Urban hawker before the show? :hug:
I’m going to nyc show but maybe you should post on reddit. Lol I wouldn’t trust people from an anonymous board
If Reddit isn't your cup of tea, I saw this discord link for USA moos on twt: discord.gg/JWEpfquBwv
Thanks anon! :heart:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:

I hope not. My Taylor Swift VIP package was only $500. I can’t imagine having to pay over $700. That’s so expensive. Especially for a first ever world tour

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
24 Mar 2023, 01:51
I hope not. My Taylor Swift VIP package was only $500. I can’t imagine having to pay over $700. That’s so expensive. Especially for a first ever world tour
We all know how good their concerts are and we also know they do 3hrs show (sometimes more). They are more than worthy. More artists in the world barely do 1.5h of concerts... It's not their first rodeo, as fans we know exactly what we're paying for.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I'm from Arizona and was surprised they are coming to Glendale. Surprised but happy. I wonder if they thought that the Mexican fans and South American fans would journey to AZ rather than Texas. I was wondering where I had to travel thinking they wouldn't come to AZ. Also, was thinking I'd be spending about $500 for tickets. Guess I better save a couple more $100 bills...

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
24 Mar 2023, 04:19
I'm from Arizona and was surprised they are coming to Glendale. Surprised but happy. I wonder if they thought that the Mexican fans and South American fans would journey to AZ rather than Texas. I was wondering where I had to travel thinking they wouldn't come to AZ. Also, was thinking I'd be spending about $500 for tickets. Guess I better save a couple more $100 bills...
Their brother group One*us has gone to Glendale at least once and I believe they sold out so rb* is probably familiar with the arena/fans in the region already

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
24 Mar 2023, 04:46
Guest wrote:
24 Mar 2023, 04:19
Their brother group One*us has gone to Glendale at least once and I believe they sold out so rb* is probably familiar with the arena/fans in the region already
Same venue ? Same ticket pricing ? Same locations as mmm tour ?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Anyway hope the girls sell out all the tour stops. Hopefully the acc posted earlier is wrong and tickets aren’t that expensive.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
24 Mar 2023, 02:21
Guest wrote:
We all know how good their concerts are and we also know they do 3hrs show (sometimes more). They are more than worthy. More artists in the world barely do 1.5h of concerts... It's not their first rodeo, as fans we know exactly what we're paying for.
DA. It’s not if they’re worthy and fans should pay $500+ to see their faves…. What a weird take to have. So many fans can’t afford those prices at all. I for one know I couldn’t. Not everyone is rich

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
24 Mar 2023, 07:14
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
DA. It’s not if they’re worthy and fans should pay $500+ to see their faves…. What a weird take to have. So many fans can’t afford those prices at all. I for one know I couldn’t. Not everyone is rich
Op paid 500 already por TW, you can buy a cheaper ticket.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:

Pls be fake...we are already unsure of selling out the venues, if the pricing are really like this... everything will be lost :fingcross:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
24 Mar 2023, 08:36
Guest wrote:
24 Mar 2023, 07:14
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Op paid 500 already por TW, you can buy a cheaper ticket.
Oh what we are going to play classism and make poor people pay for the awful view “cheap” tickets because if you want to be closer you need to be richer? $50-500 and 700$+ to have a VIP experience is EXCESSIVE. No one should have fans be paying for that. Who makes fans pay that kind of money?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Unfortunately that account had always been right because they have software that scrapes the data off the official websites from the arenas. One arena already has the official prices. So those are the prices americans will be paying

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
24 Mar 2023, 09:31
Unfortunately that account had always been right because they have software that scrapes the data off the official websites from the arenas. One arena already has the official prices. So those are the prices americans will be paying
yes it is true. dickie arena already has prices and seating map up. idk how it’s more expensive than twice tickets at sofi stadium of 70k people capacity. twice vip tickets are also cheaper. i am so confused why the cost is so inflated? I am a bit disappointed in rbw

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
24 Mar 2023, 09:37
Guest wrote:
yes it is true. dickie arena already has prices and seating map up. idk how it’s more expensive than twice tickets at sofi stadium of 70k people capacity. twice vip tickets are also cheaper. i am so confused why the cost is so inflated? I am a bit disappointed in rbw
They also announced that dynamic pricing will be turned on. So expect prices to be even much higher. So you have OG prices, dynamic pricing and then Ticketmaster fees. So if you’re wanting to buy the best seats definitely expect to spend around $1k or more

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
24 Mar 2023, 09:48
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
They also announced that dynamic pricing will be turned on. So expect prices to be even much higher. So you have OG prices, dynamic pricing and then Ticketmaster fees. So if you’re wanting to buy the best seats definitely expect to spend around $1k or more
Btw TM fees are ~$114.28 each of my floor tickets that was $250. I just bought tickets to a concert a week ago. So take that into consideration when you buy your ticket(s). GOOD LUCK!!!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
24 Mar 2023, 09:48
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
That's madness. One could go on a week long vacation to sokor for that and come back with money that wasn't spent. Lol

This is outright robbery. Plus dynamic ticketing is nothing but a algorithm that matches demand and supply and tweaks pricing by 2.5x per demand band. Best of luck to American moos this tour will make a hole in your wallet.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I expected mycon us to be expensive but this + dynamic pricing is gonna be a bitch. Ugh it should be outlawed. Best u can do now is to ask your friends for help to get tickets … good luck guys.

Any swiftie frequenting this thread? Time to use your number and power to make congress break up Ticketmaster’s monopoly :handbags:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Hope lost... :sadangel: so much high pricing + other costs, I don't think many people will go then...and so many seats to fulfill...

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Can you people just wait and see ffs. There’s people who will pay and those who won’t. If you have learned anything about this group is just to wait.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
24 Mar 2023, 11:42
Guest wrote:
Hope lost... :sadangel: so much high pricing + other costs, I don't think many people will go then...and so many seats to fulfill...
It's high but it's not that high. However won't be surprised by a mid tour re-org due to venues not filling up for a breakeven cost

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I am pretty sure either Yong or mmm+ has some sort or surprise up their sleeves for the promo based on yong's bubble spam today.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
24 Mar 2023, 13:14
I am pretty sure either Yong or mmm+ has some sort or surprise up their sleeves for the promo based on yong's bubble spam today.
She sounds super excited about the teaser

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Sounds completely different than the first teaser

and it looks like it could beanother MV were MS play love interests

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Moonsun Grease AU :lol:

I'm not too sure what to think of the song so far tbh

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
24 Mar 2023, 15:05

I can't tell anything about the song but I'm confident there's no straightness in this MV, once again. Bless them

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

They should’ve given Byul a leather jacket or letterman jacket

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

That sounds so good. 60s vibes. Much better than in 1st teaser.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
24 Mar 2023, 15:05

This looks so much like grease!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
24 Mar 2023, 15:09

Exact thoughts. I don't dislike it but I wasn't like wow over it. Chico malo spoilt us.

But mb standing and dacing together with the men, while solar did with the girls. Similar approach like chico malo to label mb as the 'male' figure.

I would think that chico malo is for the gays, ggbb for GP and LLL for moomoos.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
24 Mar 2023, 16:10
Guest wrote:

Exact thoughts. I don't dislike it but I wasn't like wow over it. Chico malo spoilt us.

But mb standing and dacing together with the men, while solar did with the girls. Similar approach like chico malo to label mb as the 'male' figure.

Byul even does John Travolta's hair comb move

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
24 Mar 2023, 16:10
Guest wrote:

She's not a male figure. Just boyish girl hanging out with dudes at most. Something like "she was a punk she did a ballet" concept. Also for gays.