t7@- wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 19:15
Guest wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 19:08
Guest wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 17:59
Guest wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 17:55
americans are too anti-racism americans are too anti-fascism. america should be more socially advanced- like the countries that don't mind those things. if americans were smart they wouldn't be expecting morality from countries where it's unfashionable- that's bullying.
Haha yeah okay...
haha paraphrase the america criticisms without hitting those checkpoints...
Its not really criticism of America actually, it's praise if anything
no but they really mean it spitefully. several pages of how unfair it is to expect someone from a first world country to take a swastika seriously.

Reactions:

Re: Korean Entertainment - Part II

Post by Guest »

Let's just put this argument to bed. Judging from the Americans in my chat groups who are fighting to get Twice tickets, they aren't losing any popularity. With that said, I blame her/her stylists' ignorance for the Q shirt. It's an honest mistake to make. Hell, there are a good amount of people living in America who exist on reality shows and TikTok who don't even know who Qanon is. She should be embarrassed to be associated with the group to be honest. The swastika, not the same thing. Everyone knows what that means and if you don't, you should.
Now on the subject of all Americans being racist (or now on this board we're being accused of being too harsh on the racists), Trump supporting dummies with bad health care. Do you realize that in Trump lost the popular vote to Hillary Clinton by 2.9 million votes and that he also lost to Biden by like 7 million votes?? I wouldn't expect non-Americans to know that or care but if you are going to continue to lump all of us together with a bunch of dumb hillbillies, I think you need to know the facts.
The Americans who are here are here because we appreciate K-entertainment and we want to talk about it. No one is rolling up here trying to be offensive to anyone but there's always some hostile person here who wants to bring up western sentiment like it's some kind of foul disease when all we're trying to do is be supportive. People like you make everyone end up hating each other.

Villanelle171
Reactions: 41

Post by Villanelle171 »

I feel like Siyeon and my random shot in the dark guess would also be BoA
🚛😵👻👍

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 17:21
Guest wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 16:24
I’m American and the fact people are saying this isn’t going to hurt them is hilarious. It doesn’t matter what your opinion is, because at the end of the day this happen in America, where they’re trying to promote and get bigger in. And America doesn’t fuck around with staff like this.

You can’t compare this to any other scandals because WW2 is the biggest thing we’re taught. I know multiple people who was gonna go to their concert and now aren’t even listening to them. If you’re gonna try to expand into the American market, atleast understand American values.
Well yeah, America does not fuck around with Nazis or people promoting fascist or racist values. But a foreigner stupidly wearing a shirt that has a swastika on it? Most people with a brain understand that it was a dumb mistake, not a hate crime
x2 most Americans or Westeners who aren’t Kpop fans commenting on the issue have said your last sentiment, including some Jewish streamers lol. Most people have common sense and realise that even actual neo Nazis wouldn’t wear that when networking and going around casually. It’s clearly a mistake and I think much of the public have already moved on and don’t actually care, it’s just a random Asian pop star to them who did the typical Asian thing of wearing a shirt from the west and not getting it. Literally the only people still talking about this are Kpop fans.

The group just sold out all of their venues on sale in the US right now in an hour so I’m going to go ahead and say this hasn’t impacted them at all. Because again…most people seem to be agreeing that it was a clear accident because the idea it wasn’t is borderline absurd, no one mentally well does that to themselves. Some Kpop fans will hang on to it for dear life, and yes it is yet another example of Korean ignorance, but people are kidding themselves if they think the GP isn’t already over it and will have mostly forgotten very soon.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Their pre-sale (only for registered and verified people with codes) just started and they're selling out every concert. They even just added 2 more dates. I don't think it's affecting them very much... their fanbase is big and apparently very loyal.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 21:59
Guest wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 17:21
Guest wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 16:24
I’m American and the fact people are saying this isn’t going to hurt them is hilarious. It doesn’t matter what your opinion is, because at the end of the day this happen in America, where they’re trying to promote and get bigger in. And America doesn’t fuck around with staff like this.

You can’t compare this to any other scandals because WW2 is the biggest thing we’re taught. I know multiple people who was gonna go to their concert and now aren’t even listening to them. If you’re gonna try to expand into the American market, atleast understand American values.
Well yeah, America does not fuck around with Nazis or people promoting fascist or racist values. But a foreigner stupidly wearing a shirt that has a swastika on it? Most people with a brain understand that it was a dumb mistake, not a hate crime
x2 most Americans or Westeners who aren’t Kpop fans commenting on the issue have said your last sentiment, including some Jewish streamers lol. Most people have common sense and realise that even actual neo Nazis wouldn’t wear that when networking and going around casually. It’s clearly a mistake and I think much of the public have already moved on and don’t actually care, it’s just a random Asian pop star to them who did the typical Asian thing of wearing a shirt from the west and not getting it. Literally the only people still talking about this are Kpop fans.

The group just sold out all of their venues on sale in the US right now in an hour so I’m going to go ahead and say this hasn’t impacted them at all. Because again…most people seem to be agreeing that it was a clear accident because the idea it wasn’t is borderline absurd, no one mentally well does that to themselves. Some Kpop fans will hang on to it for dear life, and yes it is yet another example of Korean ignorance, but people are kidding themselves if they think the GP isn’t already over it and will have mostly forgotten very soon.
The GP had a mild reaction imo. I've read many sympathetic comments even from extremely old people. Yes, big news outlets released articles but the people that clicked them were mostly K-Pop fans. I think the fact that they're a "cute little girl group from Korea" without any English speakers really softens the blow. They look at them as complete strangers from far away.

International K-Pop fans had a much more intense reaction but if we're being real, the loudest and most outraged people weren't Jewish K-pop fans but people who never liked them to begin with. To them, not all of course, it's nothing but ammo they can use when they're beefing on twitter.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Semi related: Matt Hea**y from **75 recently was racist to Native American, Black people and Asians, misogynist towards Ice Spice. He trended on Twitter for a while. And then it was nothing. He was on SNL recently and they gonna be in several music festivals. Also, he’s inappropriate on stage. Yet nothing happened to him. Not dismissing Chae because clearly she’s wrong but just showing the double standard.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 10:21
Guest wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 10:08
Guest wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 05:00
Guest wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 04:21
Guest wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 04:12
so *gaybaiting is when producers/writers imply that characters in a tv show/movie/book may end up in a gay relationship, and advertise as such, in the hopes that they will get more attention from gay/bisexual people as well as seem edgier or more woke and get points for that too. Then, they don't deliver, and everything remains heterosexual. Yet they profited from the stir their implications made. Hence: bait.

in no way can a music video be gaybaiting, there are no promises of gay content to hold over people's heads, it's over in a few minutes. not only that but their video delivered exactly what they implied it would- wedding symbolism, etc. what were you expecting, them to fuck on camera? they weren't deceptive about anything.

don't bother getting involved in politics if you don't even understand the basics.
DA There is nothing about the queerbaiting definiton that excludes music videos or says that it has to be a certain length. They can definitely tease gay relationships from a teaser that draws it attention then it turns out to be het (see why Soyoon's Bad was accused of queerbaiting by Klesbians). Besides everytime you pull up that definition ignoring that it also applies to entertainment and as public personas, it certainly can also apply too.
DA The Soyoon video wasn't het though. You can clearly see it's her kissing a woman in the bts video. Klesbians are not always intelligent.
It was though. She embraces a near naked man and a lot of focus is on him while the shots of her kissing the woman is half hidden. I was a fan of Soyoon but I understood where klesbians were coming from even though I don't think she's a queerbaiter because the framing rubbed me the wrong way plus the teaser really felt like it was for shock value and attention after the full mv came out.
DA After trying to catch up but ended up scrolling through most of it this is the only interesting post. Ever since she worked with that druggie actor YAI I knew something was off about her. Korean women on ktwit not just kles knew this man is a misogynistic d--- a long time before he got exposed for his drug abuse. He fooled a lot of fans especially ifans to believe he is an open minded feminist complete opposite of a hannam but liberal/left korean women knew he's just like those gay men who use their sexuality to appear open minded and leftist but are very much sexist to women. Her fans were so dumbfounded and mad when the teaser with him came out they even wrote to her and explained why he has a history of being anti women but she didn't listen. I have major side eye for her. I don't doubt she plays a gay image for profit and support.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 22:47
Semi related: Matt Hea**y from **75 recently was racist to Native American, Black people and Asians, misogynist towards Ice Spice. He trended on Twitter for a while. And then it was nothing. He was on SNL recently and they gonna be in several music festivals. Also, he’s inappropriate on stage. Yet nothing happened to him. Not dismissing Chae because clearly she’s wrong but just showing the double standard.
What double standard? Twice is fine too.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 15:47
There's a lot of America bashing on this thread. I realize that it's always the most ignorant people who are the loudest in almost every case. Case in point here, you get an ignorant person claiming that ALL Americans are the same. I take extreme offense to that because while I don't know everything about Asian culture, I appreciate it and I'm willing to learn. There are a lot of people like me but you only want to see us as the ultra conservative Trump supporting culture and you refuse to accept that it's not representative of America. Just a minority of very stupid people.
Your country voted for someone like Trump to be a president, that tells enough. If it was just a minority that wouldn't have ever happened. Of course everyone knows not every single American is a dumbass but generalising is fine in this case. You Americans aren't just used to people criticising your country and people because America the greatest and all the other lies you've been told your whole life. Then you get all offensive if someone does not think so.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 23:28
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

so *gaybaiting is when producers/writers imply that characters in a tv show/movie/book may end up in a gay relationship, and advertise as such, in the hopes that they will get more attention from gay/bisexual people as well as seem edgier or more woke and get points for that too. Then, they don't deliver, and everything remains heterosexual. Yet they profited from the stir their implications made. Hence: bait.

in no way can a music video be gaybaiting, there are no promises of gay content to hold over people's heads, it's over in a few minutes. not only that but their video delivered exactly what they implied it would- wedding symbolism, etc. what were you expecting, them to fuck on camera? they weren't deceptive about anything.

don't bother getting involved in politics if you don't even understand the basics.
DA There is nothing about the queerbaiting definiton that excludes music videos or says that it has to be a certain length. They can definitely tease gay relationships from a teaser that draws it attention then it turns out to be het (see why Soyoon's Bad was accused of queerbaiting by Klesbians). Besides everytime you pull up that definition ignoring that it also applies to entertainment and as public personas, it certainly can also apply too.
DA The Soyoon video wasn't het though. You can clearly see it's her kissing a woman in the bts video. Klesbians are not always intelligent.
It was though. She embraces a near naked man and a lot of focus is on him while the shots of her kissing the woman is half hidden. I was a fan of Soyoon but I understood where klesbians were coming from even though I don't think she's a queerbaiter because the framing rubbed me the wrong way plus the teaser really felt like it was for shock value and attention after the full mv came out.
DA After trying to catch up but ended up scrolling through most of it this is the only interesting post. Ever since she worked with that druggie actor YAI I knew something was off about her. Korean women on ktwit not just kles knew this man is a misogynistic d--- a long time before he got exposed for his drug abuse. He fooled a lot of fans especially ifans to believe he is an open minded feminist complete opposite of a hannam but liberal/left korean women knew he's just like those gay men who use their sexuality to appear open minded and leftist but are very much sexist to women. Her fans were so dumbfounded and mad when the teaser with him came out they even wrote to her and explained why he has a history of being anti women but she didn't listen. I have major side eye for her. I don't doubt she plays a gay image for profit and support.
DA She seems like a tryhard attention seeker to me but i don't think she is completely het.

Guest147
Reactions:

Post by Guest147 »

Guest wrote:
23 Mar 2023, 00:39
Guest wrote:
There's a lot of America bashing on this thread. I realize that it's always the most ignorant people who are the loudest in almost every case. Case in point here, you get an ignorant person claiming that ALL Americans are the same. I take extreme offense to that because while I don't know everything about Asian culture, I appreciate it and I'm willing to learn. There are a lot of people like me but you only want to see us as the ultra conservative Trump supporting culture and you refuse to accept that it's not representative of America. Just a minority of very stupid people.
Your country voted for someone like Trump to be a president, that tells enough. If it was just a minority that wouldn't have ever happened. Of course everyone knows not every single American is a dumbass but generalising is fine in this case. You Americans aren't just used to people criticising your country and people because America the greatest and all the other lies you've been told your whole life. Then you get all offensive if someone does not think so.
Did a american do something to you?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest147 wrote:
23 Mar 2023, 00:44
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Clearly butthurt about America. Trump was president because of a broken system that people are trying to fix. And clearly it is a minority because I backed it up with numbers. No one is acting like America is the greatest. I of all people know that but I won't take that person's ignorant rants about a country she just clearly has an agenda against.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
23 Mar 2023, 01:11
Guest147 wrote:
23 Mar 2023, 00:44
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Clearly butthurt about America. Trump was president because of a broken system that people are trying to fix. And clearly it is a minority because I backed it up with numbers. No one is acting like America is the greatest. I of all people know that but I won't take that person's ignorant rants about a country she just clearly has an agenda against.
Yep a American did hurt you, forgive them okay

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
It WAS the minority that voted for Trump. (Way to pretend to be enlightened and educated, when you're clueless about the subject of your own opinions.)

The elections system is rigged with what's called the 'electoral college,' an outdated method originally intended to keep balance. Many of our districts have also been jerrymandered by conservative politicians.

Trump had the minority vote, Bush jr had the minority vote too. America is typically a left leaning country.

And BTW Americans are extremely used to people criticizing us an our country. EXTREMELY used to it. But the way it's been happening on this board 1. Hasn't made sense, like claiming we're racist and at the same time care too much about racism and 2. Has been factually incorrect, like you claiming the majority voted Trump.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

How do you y'all seperate fanservice from actual moments that you do find suspicuous

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
23 Mar 2023, 01:20
How do you y'all seperate fanservice from actual moments that you do find suspicuous
here we go again

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Why do you need to ask this once a week?

If you can't tell the difference, maybe you just have poor social skills?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
23 Mar 2023, 01:27
Guest wrote:
here we go again

Why 👏 reply 👏 if 👏 you 👏 know 👏 it's 👏 a troll.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Do you the male troll not get tired of bringing this up literally every week. Just because you word it different each time doesn’t mean we don’t know it’s you.

Every single week

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
23 Mar 2023, 04:36
Guest wrote:
Do you the male troll not get tired of bringing this up literally every week. Just because you word it different each time doesn’t mean we don’t know it’s you.

Every single week

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Everyone talks about Karina (and Giselle lately because of her and Somi), but have we talked about NingNing? She also posted about Euphoria. Carol incoming... :whistle:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
23 Mar 2023, 07:35
Everyone talks about Karina (and Giselle lately because of her and Somi), but have we talked about NingNing? She also posted about Euphoria. Carol incoming... :whistle:

I think Ningning is very open minded and surely an ally. For now I don't think she pings but if some Aespa fan has more tea please share. Plus Ning is hot

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
It WAS the minority that voted for Trump. (Way to pretend to be enlightened and educated, when you're clueless about the subject of your own opinions.)

The elections system is rigged with what's called the 'electoral college,' an outdated method originally intended to keep balance. Many of our districts have also been jerrymandered by conservative politicians.

Trump had the minority vote, Bush jr had the minority vote too. America is typically a left leaning country.

And BTW Americans are extremely used to people criticizing us an our country. EXTREMELY used to it. But the way it's been happening on this board 1. Hasn't made sense, like claiming we're racist and at the same time care too much about racism and 2. Has been factually incorrect, like you claiming the majority voted Trump.
da
x2 I was gonna say the same thing when I saw the other comments on the previous page. I am Asian-American btw. (responding to the post before this one.)
No POC (person of color) that lives here thinks America is the greatest country. The system treats us like shit and the US invaded, bombed, or had proxy dealings with the countries our parents came from. The ignorant trump supporters are loud and the international media only pick the top headlines from here so whatever you're hearing and reading is diluted and more nuanced than what they give you.

Now, it looks like you're the ignorant one.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Is any anon interested in having an EXID thread?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
23 Mar 2023, 08:27
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

da
x2 I was gonna say the same thing when I saw the other comments on the previous page. I am Asian-American btw. (responding to the post before this one.)
No POC (person of color) that lives here thinks America is the greatest country. The system treats us like shit and the US invaded, bombed, or had proxy dealings with the countries our parents came from. The ignorant trump supporters are loud and the international media only pick the top headlines from here so whatever you're hearing and reading is diluted and more nuanced than what they give you.

Da but one thing I'll say as a non American is that you all think any of us care about this conversation. You're all very America centric, regardless of your race. Many of us live in countries where the crazy ass things that happen in yours seem absolutely foreign, we have proper health care, mandated 1 month off a year, abortion is legally enshrined, our countries didn't invade Iraq and kill a million people for no reason, we aren't from the most obese country on earth....

Americans are always like "stop picking on us blah blah blah blah blah" like we legitimately don't think about you other than when you force us, you assume the world is about you and always centre yourselves in conversations and assume everyone else is from the US, and then you get shitty when people from other places laugh at how shit your country is. I'd honestly live in almost any other country in the West than live in the US. Every time I go there for work it's like going to a second world country. And my god your cities are dirty and ugly. I'm so glad I'm not from the US.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
23 Mar 2023, 11:24
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

da

Da but one thing I'll say as a non American is that you all think any of us care about this conversation. You're all very America centric, regardless of your race. Many of us live in countries where the crazy ass things that happen in yours seem absolutely foreign, we have proper health care, mandated 1 month off a year, abortion is legally enshrined, our countries didn't invade Iraq and kill a million people for no reason, we aren't from the most obese country on earth....

Americans are always like "stop picking on us blah blah blah blah blah" like we legitimately don't think about you other than when you force us, you assume the world is about you and always centre yourselves in conversations and assume everyone else is from the US, and then you get shitty when people from other places laugh at how shit your country is. I'd honestly live in almost any other country in the West than live in the US. Every time I go there for work it's like going to a second world country. And my god your cities are dirty and ugly. I'm so glad I'm not from the US.
What country are you from?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
23 Mar 2023, 11:51
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

da

Originally? Sweden.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
23 Mar 2023, 11:55
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

da

Originally? Sweden.
Is this stemming from the incident with chaeyoung, you feel she shouldn't have to apologize or something?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
23 Mar 2023, 11:58
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

da

Originally? Sweden.
Is this stemming from the incident with chaeyoung, you feel she shouldn't have to apologize or something?
Could you point to which part of my post indicated I was even commenting on the matter? I saw you all discussing America, I said my piece. It has nothing to do with kpop, and is simply a reality check many Americans need but don't want. You are the laughing stock of the Western world, you force everyone to pretend that your culture and interests are the default, and then you act like jingoistic babies whenever people laugh at America. I was simply and sincerely saying that I can't imagine living there and I feel very sorry for anybody that does, at least compared to most of the West.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
23 Mar 2023, 12:16
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Originally? Sweden.
Could you point to which part of my post indicated I was even commenting on the matter? I saw you all discussing America, I said my piece. It has nothing to do with kpop, and is simply a reality check many Americans need but don't want. You are the laughing stock of the Western world, you force everyone to pretend that your culture and interests are the default, and then you act like jingoistic babies whenever people laugh at America. I was simply and sincerely saying that I can't imagine living there and I feel very sorry for anybody that does, at least compared to most of the West.
da I can't believe that a post whose original purpose was to say; stop considering human decency an American value was turned into exactly the opposite of that message. All that was said was that anti semitism isn't an American thing, so stop considering it that to brush it off. This always happens, everytime an idol fucks up you have their stans going "they're Korean they don't have to live by your values" as if expecting people not be racist is only exclusive to America and as if people of color only exist there.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Originally? Sweden.
Well, all this conversation started because someone felt chaeyoung shouldn't have been called out due to her shirt and accused america of expecting morality from other people of different countries

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
23 Mar 2023, 12:24
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Originally? Sweden.
da I can't believe that a post whose original purpose was to say; stop considering human decency an American value was turned into exactly the opposite of that message. All that was said was that anti semitism isn't an American thing, so stop considering it that to brush it off. This always happens, everytime an idol fucks up you have their stans going "they're Korean they don't have to live by your values" as if expecting people not be racist is only exclusive to America and as if people of color only exist there.
Sa What are you even talking about? I didn't read any of that discussion. But if you want my opinion...

And I don't think I've seen anyone here say that anti-racism is an American value. But I'm sure if an American wore a rising sun shirt Americans wouldn't say a peep about it and would say that they don't get taught that or don't have the same cultural perspective, and many Asian people would wonder how anyone could possibly not know given how many people died or were enslaved by the Japanese. The fact that Chaeyoung wore it everywhere in front of, what I assume, would be a large array of staff, and none of them told her to take it off, tells you all you need to know. Whether any of us can understand it or not, South Koreans obviously do not know the significance of the symbol and its offence in the way people would hope, or one of those 50 people would have told her to take it off before doing schedules.

This woman not fully knowing something doesn't mean she can't be accountable anyway. It is not mutually exclusive. Some of you seem to be pretending that racism is always an intentional act and never ignorant or systemic, which is a problematic view to take. It doesn't matter what values you think people should or shouldn't have, the evidence points to many Korean people not having the same relationship with the symbol as we do. That appears to be fact. That is morally wrong, but we do not have to pretend it isn't act in order to assert the immorality. That is my view.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
23 Mar 2023, 12:34
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Originally? Sweden.
Sa What are you even talking about? I didn't read any of that discussion. But if you want my opinion...

And I don't think I've seen anyone here say that anti-racism is an American value. But I'm sure if an American wore a rising sun shirt Americans wouldn't say a peep about it and would say that they don't get taught that or don't have the same cultural perspective, and many Asian people would wonder how anyone could possibly not know given how many people died or were enslaved by the Japanese. The fact that Chaeyoung wore it everywhere in front of, what I assume, would be a large array of staff, and none of them told her to take it off, tells you all you need to know. Whether any of us can understand it or not, South Koreans obviously do not know the significance of the symbol and its offence in the way people would hope, or one of those 50 people would have told her to take it off before doing schedules.

This woman not fully knowing something doesn't mean she can't be accountable anyway. It is not mutually exclusive. Some of you seem to be pretending that racism is always an intentional act and never ignorant or systemic, which is a problematic view to take. It doesn't matter what values you think people should or shouldn't have, the evidence points to many Korean people not having the same relationship with the symbol as we do. That appears to be fact. That is morally wrong, but we do not have to pretend it isn't act in order to assert the immorality. That is my view.
You'd understand if you followed the trajectory of the conversation.

You might have not seen it, but everytime one of these idols fucks up you'll get stans saying "they are Koreans they don't have the same values" "it's not their culture" as if any values or standards=America and the West. As if human decency shouldn't be expected from anyone who isn't from the west.

Also using your logic, alright they have have no relationship with that particular symbol so they shouldn't be held to the same standards. Now do you think Koreans will be alright with a foreigner wearing the rising flag inside their country (knowing said foreigner doesn't have the same relationship with that symbol)? They wanted to boycott every foreign artists who has ever used it as part of their random aesthetic, they never extend the same excuse to others. Tiffany had to lay low for ages after she used a filter that had the rising sun flag.

And i'm not American, but even if someone wanted her to do better using their American standards they have a right to do that because she literally was parading around in that shirt in America.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Originally? Sweden.

DA I totally agree and hate how americans are like "uhhh you have to know the significance of the symbol germany used in ww2, even you're asian" when they're ignorant on so many stuff that happened outside of their lame country.

But Chaeyoung is a world famous kpop idol who keeps being obsessed at everything that is american and western. They keep promoting in the states, she keeps watching stuff that are American, I find it extremely hard to believe she never saw a nazi cross once in her life in some western media.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
23 Mar 2023, 12:51
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

DA I totally agree and hate how americans are like "uhhh you have to know the significance of the symbol germany used in ww2, even you're asian" when they're ignorant on so many stuff that happened outside of their lame country.

But Chaeyoung is a world famous kpop idol who keeps being obsessed at everything that is american and western. They keep promoting in the states, she keeps watching stuff that are American, I find it extremely hard to believe she never saw a nazi cross once in her life in some western media.
Sa I find it hard to believe too, however the evidence suggests to me only two options:

1. She really did not fully appreciate the harm of what she did. This explains why she would have the gall to wear it not only out on the street, but to several professional engagements representing her group. It also explains why no one stopped her, because it tells us that her entire team also did not realise the severity due to a systemic lack of understanding. And we can understand that her recognising the symbol, assuming she did although she implies she did not, does not mean she has the same relationship with it most Westerners do. Considering what she looks like, she may have bought the shirt because she wants to look punk.

2. She is a woman who is psychopathic or had some kind of mental break, and decided to wear a symbol of a Genocide on her openly to numerous professional engagements. She then went to a Jewish eatery on purpose in order to antagonise the staff and thought it would be funny to take photos while doing so, and then decided it made sense to post them on Instagram for her millions of followers to see. This seems so ridiculous to me that it borders on the unbelievable. Even self proessed fascists do not have the gall or the audacity, they are usually cowards who sit on their alt right forums, and only the temrinally insane like Kanye would dare.

Logic dictates to me that option 1 is correct. That may be hard for us to understand or process, but pretending it isn't almost certainly a reality doesn't help us understand the root of the problem, or why kpop is so plagued with this. I do not think she shouldn't be held accountable, ignorance this severe is in and of itself an evil. But it seems to me many people are struggling to understand that someone can all at once do something without meaning to hurt anyone, and still hurt many people and be accountable for it.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
23 Mar 2023, 00:40
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

DA She seems like a tryhard attention seeker to me but i don't think she is completely het.
x2.
I didn't know about the YAI thing before because I know very little about kactors and didn't know who the guy in the mv was and only ended up knowing after someone mentioned it during that recent incident. So learning about that and how contradictory it was to her image plus her having a btass on her title really soured my view on her and made her seem like a complete attention seeking sellout. Makes me feel like the whole music side of kent is full of shit no matter how "indie" and progressive they try to sell themselves as.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

DA
Another anon brought up a good point you completely ignored:

Koreans would do the same thing to westerners. KOREANS would and have lost their shit over rising sun flags, when foreigners might not understand the significance.

It's not 'an American thing.'

Also to whoever thinks Americans wouldn't care if we saw a rising sun here, I can assure you that the people who DO know what it means would be talking about it. With the growing levels of violence and racist attitudes, any recognized imperialist symbol would be talked about.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

I've not seen any of her stans on that bird site even talk about it. Thanks for pointing it out. Would have never known.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
23 Mar 2023, 13:47
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

DA

Koreans would do the same thing to westerners. KOREANS would and have lost their shit over rising sun flags, when foreigners might not understand the significance.

Also to whoever thinks Americans wouldn't care if we saw a rising sun here, I can assure you that the people who DO know what it means would be talking about it. With the growing levels of violence and racist attitudes, any recognized imperialist symbol would be talked about.
Well, this ignorant, self-centered and obese American (and whatever other stereotypes people want to believe) would like to get back to talking about lesbians in kpop please.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

DA

Da But isn't that the point?

Often when there is a scandal over a rising sun flag (tiffany) or some japanese scandal (sana), most people tend to agree that the way knetz treat the idols involved sometimes veers into doing too much and being overly vindictive. Sana said something dumb but not intentionally malicious, Tiffany should have known better because even though she's Canadian she's also Korean, but did Sana deserve months of vitriol and death threats? Should Tiffany have been nearly pushed out of the industry for good for being a dumbass, when rapists have been kept around?

So if your argument is "well koreans would have the same reaction", don't we often think the korean reaction isn't always fair? Or doesn't take into account cultural differences or people not understanding how hurtful something is because of context? Don't we often openly acknowledge that women get held to greater account than men for the same behaviour? BTS has had several, not one, not two, but more, Nazi scandals...and none of them were ever put on the cover of TMZ for it.

Does any of that mean Chaeyoung shouldn't be held accountable? No. But your argument doesn't make the point you think it makes. Koreans are notorious for bullying idols to the point of suicide for ignorance, does that mean US fans should follow suit? Ultimately, it seems to me that most westerners who aren't interested in korean pop have accepted Chaeyoung's account or given her the benefit of the doubt, which seems the gracious thing to do. If she does it again, I'm sure people will change their minds.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
23 Mar 2023, 14:10
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

DA

Often when there is a scandal over a rising sun flag (tiffany) or some japanese scandal (sana), most people tend to agree that the way knetz treat the idols involved sometimes veers into doing too much and being overly vindictive. Sana said something dumb but not intentionally malicious, Tiffany should have known better because even though she's Canadian she's also Korean, but did Sana deserve months of vitriol and death threats? Should Tiffany have been nearly pushed out of the industry for good for being a dumbass, when rapists have been kept around?

So if your argument is "well koreans would have the same reaction", don't we often think the korean reaction isn't always fair? Or doesn't take into account cultural differences or people not understanding how hurtful something is because of context? Don't we often openly acknowledge that women get held to greater account than men for the same behaviour? BTS has had several, not one, not two, but more, Nazi scandals...and none of them were ever put on the cover of TMZ for it.

Does any of that mean Chaeyoung shouldn't be held accountable? No. But your argument doesn't make the point you think it makes. Koreans are notorious for bullying idols to the point of suicide for ignorance, does that mean US fans should follow suit? Ultimately, it seems to me that most westerners who aren't interested in korean pop have accepted Chaeyoung's account or given her the benefit of the doubt, which seems the gracious thing to do. If she does it again, I'm sure people will change their minds.
da Because they do too much? Foreigners didn't ask for the destruction of her career like Koreans do? Koreans would bring out the guillotine if they could. People (who aren't stans of others or btiis stans who want to destroy every woman) normal people wanted her to at least educate herself and maybe write a meaningful apology. And reaction aside, the consequences and double standards are what's alarming. Koreans expect the world to know about their history and want people's heads if they don't, but they never extend the same courtesy.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:

Sana didn't say anything dumb.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

She's so pretty, is there anything questionable about her?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
23 Mar 2023, 16:32
nah you're just attracted to her. it doesn't automatically make her sus.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

DA

da

Just to correct this, Tiffany is American. She studied most of her life in America and only like 2-3 years in Korea and pretty sure in one of those schools for internationals as well. That, and she didn't walk around with a shirt of the flag. She first posted on her instagram after SMTown Tokyo with the regular JP flag emoji as an emote and then was told to take it down since it was close to Korean Independence day. She then posted on her Snapchat, and didn't post a flag emoji or straight up the flag but the words Tokyo,Japan with the flag pattern overlayed on top of the words Tokyo, which at the time was a snapchat geofilter for Tokyo. After her thing people complained to snapchat and had the filter taken down. Just wanted to state this to explain the situation more thoroughly since I always see people exaggerate what she did. I do think she shoulda recognized the pattern, but I can understand also trusting a global social media service wouldn't have a hate symbol as a filter for a location.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

DA

SA
uhh YOUR argument is the one not making the point you think it is.

Westerners haven't cancelled Chae. Twice is still selling out, ppl are still buying tickets, and it's dying down already.

Tiffany, who isn't Canadian, had to leave the TV show she was in the middle of filming.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
23 Mar 2023, 16:39
Guest wrote:
They simply asked a question

You don’t know that woman personally so you have no idea if she is attracted to women or not. The point of l chat is to share info and speculate

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
23 Mar 2023, 16:51
Guest wrote:
23 Mar 2023, 16:39
Guest wrote:
They simply asked a question

You don’t know that woman personally so you have no idea if she is attracted to women or not. The point of l chat is to share info and speculate
yup it's l chat. we can make anyone gay as long as we believe it. :dance2: