Korean Entertainment - Part II

Reactions:

Re: Korean Entertainment - Part II

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 10:25
Guest wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 10:16
I actually appreciate people like them being unbothered enough to do a MV like this. It not your typical Irene/Seulgi skinship shit that has literally no purpose but to entice men and bait fans.

Even though Solar and Moonbyul don't have much of a reach, it's still bringing LGBT issues to the forefront in South Korea. Moonbyul is a lesbian and bitching and whining about her continuing to releae lesbian content is absolutely insane to me.
It's not Seulgi and Irene's issue that they are more attractive and more popular and both concepts have the same purpose so be real. You're gonna act as if Moonsun are out there doing that to give Koreans gay marriage and fight for gay rights? Stop the drama. Both did it because people ship them and they want to sell and make money. It's not that serious.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I just watched that MV you guys are fighting about for the first time and is that anon serious? That was the most innnocent thing I've ever seen in Kpop. I was expecting them to be all over each other.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 10:25
Guest wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 10:16
I actually appreciate people like them being unbothered enough to do a MV like this. It not your typical Irene/Seulgi skinship shit that has literally no purpose but to entice men and bait fans.

Even though Solar and Moonbyul don't have much of a reach, it's still bringing LGBT issues to the forefront in South Korea. Moonbyul is a lesbian and bitching and whining about her continuing to releae lesbian content is absolutely insane to me.
It's not Seulgi and Irene's issue that they are more attractive and more popular and both concepts have the same purpose so be real. You're gonna act as if Moonsun are out there doing that to give Koreans gay marriage and fight for gay rights? Stop the drama. Both did it because people ship them and they want to sell and make money. It's not that serious.
x2 They sound like those kpop twitter idiots that made that gay couple being recognized by the law about kpop idols. It's crazy to tote fanservice as some groundbreaking advocacy for lgb rights. Although in this case at least moonsun, especially moonbyul, have actually done more than most idols. It's insane when people praise certain homophobes for literally inventing lgb rights because they put on the little gay act for cash.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

If Moonbyul and Solar were doing any of what they do for ‘baiting’ reasons there were a thousand and one other ways they could film their content together. But they don’t. They purposefully are trying to make it tasteful and artful and not directed at the male gaze at all

And selling their relationship has to be something an outsider says because the solos they have on both sides despise them being in the same room together. They literally can’t open a live together without piles of hate comments. To the point hey have to address it openly. Everytime Solar has Moonbyul on her YouTube channel there are nasty Korean men in the comment section saying all kinds of shuts and accusations, and telling her to stop bringing Moonbyul there. They know a handful of moomoos and mjoy it but those moomoos always enjoy the content and buy regardless

They aren’t doing this for the purpose of selling their relationship. They are doing it because they want to.
And they don’t have to come out and lose their careers to make it ok or allowed

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 10:15
Guest wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 10:05
Guest wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 09:36
Guest wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 09:10
Guest wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 07:02
Moomoos will die on the not-queerbait very real hill when it comes to moonsun.
DA. If moonsun release sth het then you guys will cry het, men, disappointment bla bla. Now they release something that pays homage to korean lesbian history (het pansori but played by 2 women) then you cry queerbait. I can’t with y’all berthas.

Whining doesn't change the fact that it's queerbait and it's milking the gays as usual. Doesn't matter who does it, it is what it is
Accuse us of queerbait and we'll label you a troll. Because we like our delusions to exist in an echo chamber. And our last resort when run out of excuses as to why the teaser and the whole mv isn't queerbait is to say this is a lesbian forum hence we are allowed our delusions. Also don't call our delusions as delusions.
DA. No because you are willingly ignore the important subtext and nuances in the MV and lyrics. So it would be better if this was potrayed like how it is historically aka a male idol and a female idol?

Lyrics and concept of Chico Malo directly reference korean history and pansori. But please enlighten us how that fits into your standard of queerbaiting. Self-centered ignorant bertha
You can add context, you can add korean history and whatever you want. Nothing takes away that this is queerbait because they know their audience is gay.

Whether they are together or not, this was put put out for gays. And it wasn't explicitly stated. Atleast Irene seulgi's mv did in many ways and is rightfully labeleled as queerbait. If we were to debate the degrees of queerbait and upto what degree is queerbait then its a diff topic alltogether. MS make a profit out of it, thats the bottomline your simping doesnt allow you to see plus I don't get the need to defend it like someone's calling you out personally. Lol

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

At this point I’m convinced the idea of accusing people of baiting is some psyop by conservative governments, to destroy the lives and closeted people who want to make honest art without losing their careers. And to divide the lesbian community into infighting

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 10:37
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

DA. If moonsun release sth het then you guys will cry het, men, disappointment bla bla. Now they release something that pays homage to korean lesbian history (het pansori but played by 2 women) then you cry queerbait. I can’t with y’all berthas.

Whining doesn't change the fact that it's queerbait and it's milking the gays as usual. Doesn't matter who does it, it is what it is
Accuse us of queerbait and we'll label you a troll. Because we like our delusions to exist in an echo chamber. And our last resort when run out of excuses as to why the teaser and the whole mv isn't queerbait is to say this is a lesbian forum hence we are allowed our delusions. Also don't call our delusions as delusions.
DA. No because you are willingly ignore the important subtext and nuances in the MV and lyrics. So it would be better if this was potrayed like how it is historically aka a male idol and a female idol?

Lyrics and concept of Chico Malo directly reference korean history and pansori. But please enlighten us how that fits into your standard of queerbaiting. Self-centered ignorant bertha
You can add context, you can add korean history and whatever you want. Nothing takes away that this is queerbait because they know their audience is gay.

Whether they are together or not, this was put put out for gays. And it wasn't explicitly stated. Atleast Irene seulgi's mv did in many ways and is rightfully labeleled as queerbait. If we were to debate the degrees of queerbait and upto what degree is queerbait then its a diff topic alltogether. MS make a profit out of it, thats the bottomline your simping doesnt allow you to see plus I don't get the need to defend it like someone's calling you out personally. Lol
I can't believe what I'm reading. Like are you okay, anon?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 10:28
I have a hard time believing the anon who made the post about MS ans aseul made it out of good faith lol
Oh they 100% did not. But the hilarious thing to me is, I can't stand Monster personally, but it's actually also not queerbait! It advertises sexy choreo between two attractive ladies and that's exactly what you get.

At least the trolls are helpfully identifying themselves with the overuse of their new favorite word I guess.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 10:39
At this point I’m convinced the idea of accusing people of baiting is some psyop by conservative governments, to destroy the lives and closeted people who want to make honest art without losing their careers. And to divide the lesbian community into infighting
Da. I had to laugh at this take. Kpop really rots brains to make queerbait allegations fall in the same basket as psyops by govt.

If you could just pause the simping maybe you could think rationally. But as a fan I will project my delusions onto my idols and defend them as queerbait me into profit, because kpop. SMH.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

If they come out to justify this and their careers are destroyed and they can’t make art with this kind of reach ever again will op be satisfied? Will they be allowed to make this content then? That’s why these baiting conversations are always ridiculous. The end point is either that the content stops (and everyone loses) or the person in question comes out (and they lose)

Who benefits from throwing around baiting accusations to someone in a society where coming out ends your career?
Yes that’s pretty much the crux of it honestly. They want the artists to come out or shut up and not make content about themselves . Those are the only two outcomes. It’s really fucking sad to have western gay people, and even some non western ones who have been influenced by that ideology to not allow any space for closeted people to be who they are

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

So LGBT artists aren't allowed to put out LGBT content for their LGBT fans without announcing it to be LGBT first, otherwise it's queerbaiting? Do I get this right?

Seriously, are you okay? :rofl:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 10:42
Guest wrote:
Da. I had to laugh at this take. Kpop really rots brains to make queerbait allegations fall in the same basket as psyops by govt.

If you could just pause the simping maybe you could think rationally. But as a fan I will project my delusions onto my idols and defend them as queerbait me into profit, because kpop. SMH.
You jackass I was being hyperbolic and facetious on purpose. I was highlighting how ludicrous it is that we’re playing right into the hands of what conservative governments want. To stop making this art or to come out and have a career destroyed and the artist out of the spotlight (also stopping the gay art from existing or having influence)

Of course it’s not an actual psyop. My god the people here are really operating on a level of stupidity I’m surprised by everyday

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 10:42
Guest wrote:

The fact that you think OP was serious is hilarious, anon.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

This is honestly mind boggling. You’re throwing out the buzzword but you obviously don’t understand what it means. Queerbaiting is hinting as something gay but then failing to present gay romance or appropriate lgbt representation. Knowing that their audience is gay doesn’t matter. Making music about gay romance doesn’t matter.

Making songs that they find true to themselves is queerbaiting? I’ll be damned

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
If Moonbyul and Solar were doing any of what they do for ‘baiting’ reasons there were a thousand and one other ways they could film their content together. But they don’t. They purposefully are trying to make it tasteful and artful and not directed at the male gaze at all

And selling their relationship has to be something an outsider says because the solos they have on both sides despise them being in the same room together. They literally can’t open a live together without piles of hate comments. To the point hey have to address it openly. Everytime Solar has Moonbyul on her YouTube channel there are nasty Korean men in the comment section saying all kinds of shuts and accusations, and telling her to stop bringing Moonbyul there. They know a handful of moomoos and mjoy it but those moomoos always enjoy the content and buy regardless

They aren’t doing this for the purpose of selling their relationship. They are doing it because they want to.
You think they don't know that those men writing those comments aren't the ones buying their shit? I am not against them or what they do at all, if someone was gonna make a profit of off this i rather it be them. But the gullibility some of you have is amazing. They are perfectly aware that they are more profitable together, that the vocal minority doesn't matter at all and that Koreans are definitely not the one buying their albums. All idols from groups have akagaes that no one gives time of the day because they know they are just vocal, but at the end of the day they can't do shit.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 10:43
If they come out to justify this and their careers are destroyed and they can’t make art with this kind of reach ever again will op be satisfied? Will they be allowed to make this content then? That’s why these baiting conversations are always ridiculous. The end point is either that the content stops (and everyone loses) or the person in question comes out (and they lose)

Who benefits from throwing around baiting accusations to someone in a society where coming out ends your career?
Yes that’s pretty much the crux of it honestly. They want the artists to come out or shut up and not make content about themselves . Those are the only two outcomes. It’s really fucking sad to have western gay people, and even some non western ones who have been influenced by that ideology to not allow any space for closeted people to be who they are
Your issue is you think every single idol doing this is gay. Nearly every idol indulges and that means there has to be a lot of straight people doing it. Some of those idol are homophobic, don't give a fucking shit about the community but you'll give them excuses because if you don't then your whole argument for it hurting closeted people comes tumbling down. You're holding your arms wide open for people who will stab you in the back once they're done with you.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:

Lol. You guys are idiots. It's never that serious. Everything within kpop is intentional. It's done either for shock value or to appeal to fans or gp. Nothing and no one in kpop wants to make statements to satisfy stupid teenagers delusions, infact these delusions are fed upon by companies with concepts like aseul, chobom and now moonsun.

Subunits that feature any popular ship are for profiteering. It's a business there are no casual plays. Please grow up and look at it from an adults perspective. Which sane gay closeted person is going to risk their career to make a statement for LGBT issues in a backwards ass country like sokor when it comes to sexuality.

Ya'll be running narratives in here that parallel fairy tales. Simply because you found an idol attractive (marketed by an agency to be attractive)

I completely get wanting representation but to create a narrative of representation is even more harmful when there's none. Ya'll make it seem like there's a fine line between a spun narrative and the actual situation when it's a giant crevice in reality.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

The last song they put out together didn’t chart, had extremely low YouTube views and made no impact whatsoever. That didnt stop them from making this. So no it isn’t profit driven lmao

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 10:51
The last song they put out together didn’t chart, had extremely low YouTube views and made no impact whatsoever. That didnt stop them from making this. So no it isn’t profit driven lmao
As if their solos did better?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 10:48
Guest wrote:

You think they don't know that those men writing those comments aren't the ones buying their shit? I am not against them or what they do at all, if someone was gonna make a profit of off this i rather it be them. But the gullibility some of you have is amazing. They are perfectly aware that they are more profitable together, that the vocal minority doesn't matter at all and that Koreans are definitely not the one buying their albums. All idols from groups have akagaes that no one gives time of the day because they know they are just vocal, but at the end of the day they can't do shit.
da tell me how you know nothing about mamamoo, the subunit, and solo work by moonbyul/solar without telling. Ironic how you call others guillable

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 10:45
So LGBT artists aren't allowed to put out LGBT content for their LGBT fans without announcing it to be LGBT first, otherwise it's queerbaiting? Do I get this right?

Apparently it’s come out or you aren’t allowed to make gay art anymore op. Outcome sucks both ways

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 10:53
Guest wrote:
Suprisingky both of their solos have actually done much better. Moonbyul is one of the highest selling artists in the company on her own and Solar deos well too and has solo wins

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Apparently it’s come out or you aren’t allowed to make gay art anymore op. Outcome sucks both ways
How to say leave me to my delusions without actually saying it.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 10:28
Guest wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 09:12
Guest wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 07:57
Guest wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 07:52
Guest wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 07:36

Da you're gonna pretend that Koreans care about those two? Gtfo they know who is buying their shit and they know no one will care if they didn't do this to entice people to buy. No one is canceling them because they don't care about them or know them.
x2 When will they understand that nobody would cancel them because the GP doesn't give a shit about idols. They don't care if they do "gay" stuff so long as it's "fake". Crazy to say it's frowned upon and censored as if every group isn't doing it lol.
Irene and Seulgi were bigger names when they did monster hell Irene was huge back then and no one bat an eye. Idk why they think the GP is checking for two people whose only claim to fame is them being a ship.
Dang girl! Who hurt you?
You just know it's one of their solo akgae's having a meltdown. Everyone who is at least somewhat familiar with the MMM fandom knows the fact that Moonsun is absolutely hated by a lot of their solo stans to the point where they will completely ignore any content they put out. The smartest thing both of them could is not work together lmao. Just fucking watch their IG live and see how much hate they get. This narrative of them being only relevant by being a ship is such an insane lie it's crazy. The smallest part of the fandom cares about them together, the rest is either indifferent or completely despises the,
You are not wrong. Every single mamamoo combination or them just solo would be more successful than Moonbyul and Solar together. Because they are so hated by the unhinged part of the fandom. And yet that doesn't stop them from hanging out every day and doing shit together. At this point they are just resort to blasting their haters publically and move on with their lives. I don't know whether they are a couple or have the most co-dependent friendship ever but we know that at least Moonbyul is pretty much confirmed gay so I don't see any issue whatsoever for them to put gay music.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Actually yes. Sales wise and chart wise. iirc moonbyul’s make the top5 female solo act with highest first day or first week or overall sales, 1 of those lol

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Your issue is you think every single idol doing this is gay. Nearly every idol indulges and that means there has to be a lot of straight people doing it. Some of those idol are homophobic, don't give a fucking shit about the community but you'll give them excuses because if you don't then your whole argument for it hurting closeted people comes tumbling down. You're holding your arms wide open for people who will stab you in the back once they're done with you.
Maybe you should bring up that issue when those idols do it then. To have a meltdown when Moonbyul is putting out gay shit is honestly embarrassing.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Lol. You guys are idiots. It's never that serious. Everything within kpop is intentional. It's done either for shock value or to appeal to fans or gp. Nothing and no one in kpop wants to make statements to satisfy stupid teenagers delusions, infact these delusions are fed upon by companies with concepts like aseul, chobom and now moonsun.

Subunits that feature any popular ship are for profiteering. It's a business there are no casual plays. Please grow up and look at it from an adults perspective. Which sane gay closeted person is going to risk their career to make a statement for LGBT issues in a backwards ass country like sokor when it comes to sexuality.

Ya'll be running narratives in here that parallel fairy tales. Simply because you found an idol attractive (marketed by an agency to be attractive)

I completely get wanting representation but to create a narrative of representation is even more harmful when there's none. Ya'll make it seem like there's a fine line between a spun narrative and the actual situation when it's a giant crevice in reality.
da Don't people ever wonder why these subunits always happen to have the most popular ships? Are we gonna pretend that's so random? They know the implications, everything about Aseul was queerbait. From promotions to the mv to the shows they did, everything. I remember not thinking much of it, how everything was so fanservicey until one them said she didn't know what gym the other went to and i found it so funny. Because here are these two people going all out baiting when they barely talk. At least MS seem to have something, so while i'm laughing at the drama and the narrative some are attaching to them working together as if they're some activists or they care. I say good for them.

I get people enjoying this especially because there is no alternative for someone who likes kpop, but it would be cute for some to stop acting like they are saving the gays by doing this. It's all for profits.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

No one cares about reality in here. Simps just wanna simp but don't wanna be called out then they tote out the this is a lesbian forum and we should be allowed free reign to our delusions.

The constant shifting of goalposts is ridiculous. They just can't seem to want to believe that they are being fed content catered to them because now it comes with the tag of queerbait. What did they think was going to come out from a duo that knows its being shipped.

Some of the takes are plain dumb in here.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 10:55
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

No they’re completely right. I think the same and I am only on this board to discuss actresses so I have no personal bias in kpop dicsussions. Queerbaiting accusations don’t give us anything as a community. We either lose the artist because they lose their career if they come out. Or the gay work stops. No one wins. That’s why this discussions is also so frustrating. Why are we possibly hurting our own community. What do we gain from potentially ruining this for someone like us. At least the gay work is having an impact and matters to people who need to see it

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 10:59
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Maybe you should bring up that issue when those idols do it then. To have a meltdown when Moonbyul is putting out gay shit is honestly embarrassing.
That's funny because when people do you just accuse them of trolling

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
da
Yes, Solar's solo hit 3 million views the first 24 hours and Moonbyul's solo stuff is between 1-2 million views in 24 hours. Their MV together barely hit 600k. Their last single Better from august still hasn't reached 2 million views overall. The fact that people think Moonsun as a ship generates views or sales is insane. They are not. They are better off solo or with other people.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Like even Solar's youtube channel is doing better when Moonbyul is not around. And yet that doesn't stop her to have her on camera.
Moonsun's case is very different from all your other Kpop group ships. They are so hated that it actually affects views and sales.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 10:59
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

da Don't people ever wonder why these subunits always happen to have the most popular ships? Are we gonna pretend that's so random? They know the implications, everything about Aseul was queerbait. From promotions to the mv to the shows they did, everything. I remember not thinking much of it, how everything was so fanservicey until one them said she didn't know what gym the other went to and i found it so funny. Because here are these two people going all out baiting when they barely talk. At least MS seem to have something, so while i'm laughing at the drama and the narrative some are attaching to them working together as if they're some activists or they care. I say good for them.

I get people enjoying this especially because there is no alternative for someone who likes kpop, but it would be cute for some to stop acting like they are saving the gays by doing this. It's all for profits.
Yup. Like any kpop idol wants to get into activism when it's their neck on line. Lol.

Everyone's in it to make money of these invested teens, who would do anything to not look at the reality of things because the delusions sold to them by idols and agencies are at stake.

All the subunits mentioned do fanservicy stuff because there's a payout involved for everyone. No one is in it for representation or furthering LGBT rights.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 11:01
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
da
Yes, Solar's solo hit 3 million views the first 24 hours and Moonbyul's solo stuff is between 1-2 million views in 24 hours. Their MV together barely hit 600k. Their last single Better from august still hasn't reached 2 million views overall. The fact that people think Moonsun as a ship generates views or sales is insane. They are not. They are better off solo or with other people.
This plus as much as I love Moonbyul she doesn’t appeal as much to the gp because she isn’t as feminine as they would like.

If the company and the idols wanted maximum profit it would be a Hwasa x Solar subunit to appeal to the gp at maximum level. Or a Wheein x Moonbyul subunit to appeal to kpop stands at maximum level

This isn’t 2016 no one is checking for moonsun ship. And they know the solos hate either side so this is least profitable combination

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 11:05
Like even Solar's youtube channel is doing better when Moonbyul is not around. And yet that doesn't stop her to have her on camera.
Moonsun's case is very different from all your other Kpop group ships. They are so hated that it actually affects views and sales.
Honestly, i get that people here want them to work together because they like them together or ship them but they bring nothing special to the table together artistically. It makes sense that they flop together.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 11:07
Guest wrote:
Honestly, i get that people here want them to work together because they like them together or ship them but they bring nothing special to the table together artistically. It makes sense that they flop together.
Some of us are just happy to see a gay couple get to work together and express themselves somewhat in their work. Even if it isn’t profitable

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
da
The part that you're dismissing imo is Solar, her sales are abysmal alone. No other company would be giving her a solo with those sales. So while Moonbyul doesn't the subunit, Solar def needs it.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

No they’re completely right. I think the same and I am only on this board to discuss actresses so I have no personal bias in kpop dicsussions. Queerbaiting accusations don’t give us anything as a community. We either lose the artist because they lose their career if they come out. Or the gay work stops. No one wins. That’s why this discussions is also so frustrating. Why are we possibly hurting our own community. What do we gain from potentially ruining this for someone like us. At least the gay work is having an impact and matters to people who need to see it
The only real impact it has it entertains the LGBT masses who promptly ship two people together and turn them into a marketable brand. Example being GAP.

There is nothing in it for the fans if you really look at it, except reel representation which doesn't translate into real representation ever. Jasmine× rose, moonsun, chobom, jensoo, the many wlw/mlm webseries out there. Tell me one instance where it caused the society to change or something significant apart from nice payouts to agencies and idols/actors involved.

We are just a bunch of nosey gay people who think and celebrate a marketed ship is real and go digging to see if it's real and in the process turn delusional about it.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
It's because most ships are just a fantasy and most people know deep down they are not real. The fandom caught on what is going on with Moonsun and they don't like it. Why do you think those y/n fanfic's are so popular? People want to be able to imagine themselves being with their favorite kpop idol. That's why it's so common that idols hide their significant others? To not upset their fandoms and have them turn on you. And this is exactly what happened with Solar and Moonbyul.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 11:12
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

The only real impact it has it entertains the LGBT masses who promptly ship two people together and turn them into a marketable brand. Example being GAP.

There is nothing in it for the fans if you really look at it, except reel representation which doesn't translate into real representation ever. Jasmine× rose, moonsun, chobom, jensoo, the many wlw/mlm webseries out there. Tell me one instance where it caused the society to change or something significant apart from nice payouts to agencies and idols/actors involved.

We are just a bunch of nosey gay people who think and celebrate a marketed ship is real and go digging to see if it's real and in the process turn delusional about it.
Anon came here to spit facts only

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 11:11
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Some of us are just happy to see a gay couple get to work together and express themselves somewhat in their work. Even if it isn’t profitable
And that's fair considering there isn't much of that out there, but artistically speaking..yeah not great. They don't produce anything special in my opinion.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
da
The part that you're dismissing imo is Solar, her sales are abysmal alone. No other company would be giving her a solo with those sales. So while Moonbyul doesn't the subunit, Solar def needs it.
Solar's first solo was the biggest hit out of the 4 of them at the time. And she is still doing okay now. As a solo artist, musical actress, tv personality and youtuber. To think she needs a ship to make money is ridiculous. She is rich. Not too long ago she bought a 4 billion won building, in cash.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I'm confused. If gays are not allowed to put out gay stuff, then who can?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 11:17
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
da
Solar's first solo was the biggest hit out of the 4 of them at the time. And she is still doing okay now. As a solo artist, musical actress, tv personality and youtuber. To think she needs a ship to make money is ridiculous. She is rich. Not too long ago she bought a 4 billion won building, in cash.
All that is fine but how does that add value to your life as a gay person ? 🤔

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Moonsun make het song: it’s het
Moonsun make “het” song but male and female parts played by them: it’s queerbait
Moonsun not profitable as a subunit: they’re only doing it because it’s profitable never mind most in things in western or kpop are done for profit/business anyways

I can’t imagine the state of this thread if the subunit actually charts well

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Well that wasn't the conversation, was it? People were saying they are using their ship to make money which couldn't be further from the truth. Yeah, they are the mmm combination that is probably most boring together musically, and yes they would make a ton of more money if they were to couple up with other people. But they like working together. So what is so wrong in that?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
da
I never said she was starving? Selling 30k and 40k isn't it at all. Tell me what any other agency would be happy with those sales. I'm actually impressed by their agency tbh after googling this. And rich people never stop wanting to make more money, if your logic applied then all idols would quit by now. She needs to keep her career and her sales going, no matter what money she has. Btw i'm not a stan idk much about them but this info is all googleable, i simply went to Korean charts and looked it up. Irene was huge as fuck when they made Aseul, she didn't need the money but Monster which relied on the ship still happened.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 11:20
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

da
All that is fine but how does that add value to your life as a gay person ? 🤔
Do you even know what you are arguing at this point? You were bitching about how they apparently use their ship to make money. People gave you facts that they are not profitable together at all and don't need their ship to make money. These 2 are not the people you should use for your little gaybaiting crusade. It works with almost all the other ships but Moonsun is and has always been an anomaly.

Me as a gay person likes seeing other gay artist make gay content. So I hope that is okay with you, anon.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 11:22
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Well that wasn't the conversation, was it? People were saying they are using their ship to make money which couldn't be further from the truth. Yeah, they are the mmm combination that is probably most boring together musically, and yes they would make a ton of more money if they were to couple up with other people. But they like working together. So what is so wrong in that?
But they are using the ship to make money. Any other subunit could happen but it hasn't. These 2 are milking you gays with Music that doesn't even hit and here you are as gay people arguing your right to be queer baited.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 11:23
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

da
I never said she was starving? Selling 30k and 40k isn't it at all. Tell me what any other agency would be happy with those sales. I'm actually impressed by their agency tbh after googling this. And rich people never stop wanting to make more money, if your logic applied then all idols would quit by now. She needs to keep her career and her sales going, no matter what money she has. Btw i'm not a stan idk much about them but this info is all googleable, i simply went to Korean charts and looked it up. Irene was huge as fuck when they made Aseul, she didn't need the money but Monster which relied on the ship still happened.
lmao you need to get out of your bubble and see that these kind of sales are completely normal for artist that aren't in the big 3. How on earth can you compare Mamamoo with RV? Solar made more money by being a youtuber than by being a kpop idol. She said as much before. And her sales are above average.