Re: Korean Entertainment - Part II

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Mar 2023, 22:52
Guest wrote:
21 Mar 2023, 22:42
Guest wrote:
21 Mar 2023, 13:01
I thought Moonsun nonchalantely talking about going back to dubai for their honeymoon and show that they slept in the same bed despite there being two was the biggest thing they'll do this year. Didn't expect them to actually play love interests in their music video. Sure they alway make sure to put little easter eggs and hints to their relationship in their solo projects but they were never this blatant. They really became unbothered this past year or so.
is there a clip?
this edit from their battle trip episode has that moment included
Korea when it comes to Moonsun:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Lol why are harmless posts getting deleted…

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Mar 2023, 17:27
Women i am sure are fam
Moonbyul
An San
Soyoon
Lee Jooyoung
Jeon Sonee
Kim Yeon Koung(a Brazilian player/friend literally called her the most beloved dyke)
and maybe Seola
Jeon Sonee? Why?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Mar 2023, 23:37
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
I thought Moonsun nonchalantely talking about going back to dubai for their honeymoon and show that they slept in the same bed despite there being two was the biggest thing they'll do this year. Didn't expect them to actually play love interests in their music video. Sure they alway make sure to put little easter eggs and hints to their relationship in their solo projects but they were never this blatant. They really became unbothered this past year or so.
is there a clip?
Didn't one of the hosts on that show literally say "it's like a boyfriend " or something like that 😂

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 00:01
Guest wrote:
Women i am sure are fam
Moonbyul
An San
Soyoon
Lee Jooyoung
Jeon Sonee
Kim Yeon Koung(a Brazilian player/friend literally called her the most beloved dyke)
and maybe Seola
Jeon Sonee? Why?
Because i think Lee Jooyoung is/was her gf.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Mar 2023, 23:36
Guest wrote:
Women i am sure are fam
Moonbyul
An San
Soyoon
Lee Jooyoung
Jeon Sonee
and maybe Seola
First realistic list I saw on this thread
I am glad you agree with my list. I never posted one before.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 00:40
Guest wrote:
21 Mar 2023, 23:37
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
is there a clip?
Didn't one of the hosts on that show literally say "it's like a boyfriend " or something like that 😂
Yeah he said that about Moonbyul. Kinda reminds me of today's incident when a fan commented on their IG live that "Moonbyul is Solar's bf" and Byul just responded with "I'm a girl." The general public either pretends they do not see or when they finally sus them out they feel the need to misgender.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 00:53
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Women i am sure are fam
Moonbyul
An San
Soyoon
Lee Jooyoung
Jeon Sonee
and maybe Seola
It's a decent list for a first try but you're missing many sure picks

Solar
Somi
Sana
Ryujin
Sakura
Yoojung
Yoohyeon
Lia

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 01:24
Guest wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 00:53
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Women i am sure are fam
Moonbyul
An San
Soyoon
Lee Jooyoung
Jeon Sonee
and maybe Seola
It's a decent list for a first try but you're missing many sure picks

Solar
Somi
Sana
Ryujin
Sakura
Yoojung
Yoohyeon
Lia
How dare you put Yooheon and not Siyeon?? :heart: Girl photos every pride flag she can find.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

This incident is reminding me that Koreans have proven time and time again to be homophobic, misogynistic, xenophobic, racist.. they have offended every group that exists and they're still thriving.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 02:57
This incident is reminding me that Koreans have proven time and time again to be homophobic, misogynistic, xenophobic, racist.. they have offended every group that exists and they're still thriving.
koreans or just humans in general? there is not one country in the world that isn't full of awful people who commit the awful things you listed above.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 03:01
Guest wrote:
koreans or just humans in general? there is not one country in the world that isn't full of awful people who commit the awful things you listed above.
They're a tad extra with it. They never care to be remorseful as long as the locals aren't offended everything is fine and they never suffer consequences. Name one celeb in the first world that can be openly racist and keep a job. And I recommend dealing with a regular Korean while being a person of color and tell me how you'll be treated the same as anywhere in the world.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 03:05
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
They're a tad extra with it. They never care to be remorseful as long as the locals aren't offended everything is fine and they never suffer consequences. Name one celeb in the first world that can be openly racist and keep a job. And I recommend dealing with a regular Korean while being a person of color and tell me how you'll be treated the same as anywhere in the world.
oh i see what i'm dealing with. there's plenty of racist actors and actresses working in hollywood. the fact that you think this only occurs in korea tells me more about you.

anyways kpop enthusiasts read pann comments and judge an entire country off of them. the racism and judgement goes both ways.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 03:11
Guest wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 03:05
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
oh i see what i'm dealing with. there's plenty of racist actors and actresses working in hollywood. the fact that you think this only occurs in korea tells me more about you.

anyways kpop enthusiasts read pann comments and judge an entire country off of them. the racism and judgement goes both ways.
Go there (I'm sure you're white and you'll be fine) and tell us how idols are different from the locals. As if we didn't see them excuse racism and as if we don't see them treat black face like a non event and they didn't treat Sam like garbage and were openly racist to him and as if men there aren't misogynistic and homophobic as hell. It's def just a few celebs and not most of the country at all.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 04:12
so *gaybaiting is when producers/writers imply that characters in a tv show/movie/book may end up in a gay relationship, and advertise as such, in the hopes that they will get more attention from gay/bisexual people as well as seem edgier or more woke and get points for that too. Then, they don't deliver, and everything remains heterosexual. Yet they profited from the stir their implications made. Hence: bait.

in no way can a music video be gaybaiting, there are no promises of gay content to hold over people's heads, it's over in a few minutes. not only that but their video delivered exactly what they implied it would- wedding symbolism, etc. what were you expecting, them to fuck on camera? they weren't deceptive about anything.

don't bother getting involved in politics if you don't even understand the basics.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
They know no one straight is checking for them, they know who their audience is and they cater to them. It's that simple.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 04:21
Guest wrote:
so *gaybaiting is when producers/writers imply that characters in a tv show/movie/book may end up in a gay relationship, and advertise as such, in the hopes that they will get more attention from gay/bisexual people as well as seem edgier or more woke and get points for that too. Then, they don't deliver, and everything remains heterosexual. Yet they profited from the stir their implications made. Hence: bait.

in no way can a music video be gaybaiting, there are no promises of gay content to hold over people's heads, it's over in a few minutes. not only that but their video delivered exactly what they implied it would- wedding symbolism, etc. what were you expecting, them to fuck on camera? they weren't deceptive about anything.

don't bother getting involved in politics if you don't even understand the basic.
I wasn't talking about the video, I was talking about images like this. At this point, there not even pretending.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 04:34
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

don't bother getting involved in politics if you don't even understand the basic.
I wasn't talking about the video, I was talking about images like this. At this point, there not even pretending.
Da. I get it, you don't understand their brand of humor

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Ok? So how is this bait?

Reactions:

Post by guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

DA. I was expecting something sexually or sensually suggestive. But how does one look at this and think its baiting? Its just dumb and funny lol

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

If we're gonna talk about this, then Aseul was more suggestive than that and the last time i checked Aseul were neither gay nor together.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 04:48
If we're gonna talk about this, then Aseul was more suggestive than that and the last time i checked Aseul were neither gay nor together.
dont start

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

don't bother getting involved in politics if you don't even understand the basics.
DA There is nothing about the queerbaiting definiton that excludes music videos or says that it has to be a certain length. They can definitely tease gay relationships from a teaser that draws it attention then it turns out to be het (see why Soyoon's Bad was accused of queerbaiting by Klesbians). Besides everytime you pull up that definition ignoring that it also applies to entertainment and as public personas, it certainly can also apply too.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 05:00
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

DA There is nothing about the queerbaiting definiton that excludes music videos or says that it has to be a certain length. They can definitely tease gay relationships from a teaser that draws it attention then it turns out to be het (see why Soyoon's Bad was accused of queerbaiting by Klesbians). Besides everytime you pull up that definition ignoring that it also applies to entertainment and as public personas, it certainly can also apply too.
No they can't because what RELATIONSHIP can be in a music video? With no words, no real developed characters? What does that set up look like?

Teaser: 'In this video these two actresses are going to look at each other lovingly.' Video: they do that.

I'm not gonna google some video i've never heard of, you'll have to explain what the teaser promised that the video didn't give.

Also public personas? With no way of knowing if the person actually is or isn't gay/bi irl? A stretch. But ok, if we expand the definition of GAYbaiting (since queer, the slur for gay men, that's been appropriated to mean nothing, can't be applied here meaningfully) then what purpose would doing that have in korea of all places? Where it's frowned upon, heavily censored, etc? They'd be more likely to get cancelled than to profit in the current climate.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 04:37
The cameras in the bathroom and calling it cute??? :rage:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 05:13
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

No they can't because what RELATIONSHIP can be in a music video? With no words, no real developed characters? What does that set up look like?

Teaser: 'In this video these two actresses are going to look at each other lovingly.' Video: they do that.

I'm not gonna google some video i've never heard of, you'll have to explain what the teaser promised that the video didn't give.

Also public personas? With no way of knowing if the person actually is or isn't gay/bi irl? A stretch. But ok, if we expand the definition of GAYbaiting (since queer, the slur for gay men, that's been appropriated to mean nothing, can't be applied here meaningfully) then what purpose would doing that have in korea of all places? Where it's frowned upon, heavily censored, etc? They'd be more likely to get cancelled than to profit in the current climate.
Moomoos will die on the not-queerbait very real hill when it comes to moonsun.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Da you're gonna pretend that Koreans care about those two? Gtfo they know who is buying their shit and they know no one will care if they didn't do this to entice people to buy. No one is canceling them because they don't care about them or know them.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 07:36
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Da you're gonna pretend that Koreans care about those two? Gtfo they know who is buying their shit and they know no one will care if they didn't do this to entice people to buy. No one is canceling them because they don't care about them or know them.
x2 When will they understand that nobody would cancel them because the GP doesn't give a shit about idols. They don't care if they do "gay" stuff so long as it's "fake". Crazy to say it's frowned upon and censored as if every group isn't doing it lol.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 07:52
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

x2 When will they understand that nobody would cancel them because the GP doesn't give a shit about idols. They don't care if they do "gay" stuff so long as it's "fake". Crazy to say it's frowned upon and censored as if every group isn't doing it lol.
Irene and Seulgi were bigger names when they did monster hell Irene was huge back then and no one bat an eye. Idk why they think the GP is checking for two people whose only claim to fame is them being a ship.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 04:48
they were definitely queerbaiting. they're one of the biggest company pushed pairings so they def knew what they were doing in that mv.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Some people here have such hate boner for mamamoo/moonsun and will call anything they do together queerbait...

making a music video together : queerbait!
making a vlog together : queerbait!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 09:04
Some people here have such hate boner for mamamoo/moonsun and will call anything they do together queerbait...

making a music video together : queerbait!
making a vlog together : queerbait!
Tbh I don't really see how its queerbait like are you telling me if one of them was a man it would be ok? so two women can never make art about being a couple without people pretending its inherently problematic? kind of sounds like people don't want people to make any lesbian music videos ever

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 07:02
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

DA. If moonsun release sth het then you guys will cry het, men, disappointment bla bla. Now they release something that pays homage to korean lesbian history (het pansori but played by 2 women) then you cry queerbait. I can’t with y’all berthas.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 07:57
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Irene and Seulgi were bigger names when they did monster hell Irene was huge back then and no one bat an eye. Idk why they think the GP is checking for two people whose only claim to fame is them being a ship.
Dang girl! Who hurt you?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 09:10
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

DA. If moonsun release sth het then you guys will cry het, men, disappointment bla bla. Now they release something that pays homage to korean lesbian history (het pansori but played by 2 women) then you cry queerbait. I can’t with y’all berthas.

Whining doesn't change the fact that it's queerbait and it's milking the gays as usual. Doesn't matter who does it, it is what it is

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

:dnft: ^ mental illness. Imagine coming onto a lesbian forum claiming lesbians making lesbian content is queerbait. Gtfo dumbass troll.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 09:36
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Whining doesn't change the fact that it's queerbait and it's milking the gays as usual. Doesn't matter who does it, it is what it is
Accuse us of queerbait and we'll label you a troll. Because we like our delusions to exist in an echo chamber. And our last resort when run out of excuses as to why the teaser and the whole mv isn't queerbait is to say this is a lesbian forum hence we are allowed our delusions. Also don't call our delusions as delusions.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

DA The Soyoon video wasn't het though. You can clearly see it's her kissing a woman in the bts video. Klesbians are not always intelligent.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Lesbian Kpop idol and her idol bff/gf: make the most tasteful MV about a lesbian relationship that is falling apart without sexualising or sensationalizing it

Idiot on L chat: QUEERBAITING

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 10:05
Guest wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 09:36
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Accuse us of queerbait and we'll label you a troll. Because we like our delusions to exist in an echo chamber. And our last resort when run out of excuses as to why the teaser and the whole mv isn't queerbait is to say this is a lesbian forum hence we are allowed our delusions. Also don't call our delusions as delusions.
DA. No because you are willingly ignore the important subtext and nuances in the MV and lyrics. So it would be better if this was potrayed like how it is historically aka a male idol and a female idol?

Lyrics and concept of Chico Malo directly reference korean history and pansori. But please enlighten us how that fits into your standard of queerbaiting. Self-centered ignorant bertha

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I actually appreciate people like them being unbothered enough to do a MV like this. It not your typical Irene/Seulgi skinship shit that has literally no purpose but to entice men and bait fans.

Even though Solar and Moonbyul don't have much of a reach, it's still bringing LGBT issues to the forefront in South Korea. Moonbyul is a lesbian and bitching and whining about her continuing to releae lesbian content is absolutely insane to me.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 10:08
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

DA The Soyoon video wasn't het though. You can clearly see it's her kissing a woman in the bts video. Klesbians are not always intelligent.
It was though. She embraces a near naked man and a lot of focus is on him while the shots of her kissing the woman is half hidden. I was a fan of Soyoon but I understood where klesbians were coming from even though I don't think she's a queerbaiter because the framing rubbed me the wrong way plus the teaser really felt like it was for shock value and attention after the full mv came out.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Lesbian Kpop idol and her idol bff/gf: make the most tasteful MV about a lesbian relationship that is falling apart without sexualising or sensationalizing it

I mean they don't even have to be dating for it to not be queerbait.

This is the whole problem with the queerbait conversation. They are allowed to make a fictional artistic piece about a lesbian fictional relationship without people pretending it's them making a statement or not making a statement about what they do in the privacy of their own homes.

At this point anon seems to think any idol at all that does a sapphic themed video is baiting, which kind of demonstrates why the baiting concept is offensive in the first place. It solely exists to shame gay content out of the public eye, if its not being done by whoever some random person has decided is gay. Because of course, closeted people and private lives aren't allowed to exist, in the new woke queer era.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

XG Stuff

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 10:16
I actually appreciate people like them being unbothered enough to do a MV like this. It not your typical Irene/Seulgi skinship shit that has literally no purpose but to entice men and bait fans.

Even though Solar and Moonbyul don't have much of a reach, it's still bringing LGBT issues to the forefront in South Korea. Moonbyul is a lesbian and bitching and whining about her continuing to releae lesbian content is absolutely insane to me.
It's not Seulgi and Irene's issue that they are more attractive and more popular and both concepts have the same purpose so be real. You're gonna act as if Moonsun are out there doing that to give Koreans gay marriage and fight for gay rights? Stop the drama. Both did it because people ship them and they want to sell and make money. It's not that serious.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 09:12
Guest wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 07:57
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Dang girl! Who hurt you?
You just know it's one of their solo akgae's having a meltdown. Everyone who is at least somewhat familiar with the MMM fandom knows the fact that Moonsun is absolutely hated by a lot of their solo stans to the point where they will completely ignore any content they put out. The smartest thing both of them could is not work together lmao. Just fucking watch their IG live and see how much hate they get. This narrative of them being only relevant by being a ship is such an insane lie it's crazy. The smallest part of the fandom cares about them together, the rest is either indifferent or completely despises the,

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I have a hard time believing the anon who made the post about MS ans aseul made it out of good faith lol

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:

Exactly

Unlike something like certain mvs out there this wasn’t directed at the male gaze at all. This was very tasteful the way Shutdown was, shutdown was full female gaze. This mv here has no male gaze at all.

Does Moonbyul (and Solar) need to come out to make her allowed to make gay content like this? Why can’t we let them be closeted and safe and actually have a career and be happy they get to show themselves in these ways

If they come out to justify this and their careers are destroyed and they can’t make art with this kind of reach ever again will op be satisfied? Will they be allowed to make this content then? That’s why these baiting conversations are always ridiculous. The end point is either that the content stops (and everyone loses) or the person in question comes out (and they lose)

Who benefits from throwing around baiting accusations to someone in a society where coming out ends your career?