Mamamoo; korean girl group

Reactions:

Re: Mamamoo; korean girl group

Post by Guest »

Seeing the current uproar over the chaeyong (twixe) shirt, I pray that RBW will send someone with good WESTERN media sense to accompany the girls on their US tour. Or if not accompany, then at least to have a briefing on sensitive issues.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I didn't realize Luna had already translated the whole live. Seeing the "Moonbyul is Solar's boyfriend" part (4:29) it wasn't as cringey as I imagined it. But why does Yong keep reading that type of comments girls stop πŸ˜‚

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: ↑
22 Mar 2023, 00:26
I didn't realize Luna had already translated the whole live. Seeing the "Moonbyul is Solar's boyfriend" part (4:29) it wasn't as cringey as I imagined it. But why does Yong keep reading that type of comments girls stop πŸ˜‚

It's not the first time that she accidentally read something. Her mouth works faster than her brain sometimes :lol:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

22 Mar 2023, 00:43

It's not the first time that she accidentally read something. Her mouth works faster than her brain sometimes :lol:
Never forget the infamous "Now please bishes" It's always Solar with the weirdest comments :rofl:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

22 Mar 2023, 01:01

Never forget the infamous "Now please bishes" It's always Solar with the weirdest comments :rofl:
"Solar-unnie, when are you gonna marry Byul-unnie?" *cue Byul laughing in the background*
was another good one :rofl:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

the way that comment went on forever and she didn't stop reading :rofl:
it was kinda iconic ngl

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

22 Mar 2023, 00:07
21 Mar 2023, 20:06
The concept exceeded my expectations, even the challenge is so fun and creative, they really worked hard preparing for those tiny details, and the mv serves it's purpose, it doesn't need to be glamorous as its supposed to be on theater.

But the song is another version of illella/aya, instead of being done by 4 it's now done by 2. (This is my personal opinion i really don't like the path KDH is taking), the song is more of okayish but was saved by the concept. Since it's prerelease I'm counting the days till the big release and hoping for moonsun sound.
As a Latina, it always baffles me that any song with a bare minimum Latin sound is often lumped together by kpop fans as samey. Egotistic, Aya, Illella, and Chico Malo are such wildly different songs that I can't even grasp your comparison here. The song is pretty great as it is, btw, nothing repetitive.

And it's worth remembering that Moonsun had no participation in composing or writing the title track, so it'll carry even more of KDH than this one.
This. It's like they don't understand the different urban music that latam has. Just because they said latin vibe, doesn't mean it's the same. For this case, Chico Malo is the first time Mamamoo does a real trap-ish song, that's not reggeaton and way more different than just a "latin vibe". Ego/AYA/Illella aren't the same genre as Chico Malo, Illella is more reggeaton (for the first time ever), Ego is latin vibe a bit, Aya i still don't know exactly what it has to do with latinos tbh. Chico Malo is pretty in line with current urban wave, but of course, in a very fancy way, because those oriental sounds are chef's kiss.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

22 Mar 2023, 01:05

"Solar-unnie, when are you gonna marry Byul-unnie?" *cue Byul laughing in the background*
Timestamp?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

22 Mar 2023, 01:28
22 Mar 2023, 01:05

Timestamp?
that's from an old Solarsido live

at 1:10min

_illusions
Reactions: 11

Post by _illusions »

22 Mar 2023, 01:23
The concept exceeded my expectations, even the challenge is so fun and creative, they really worked hard preparing for those tiny details, and the mv serves it's purpose, it doesn't need to be glamorous as its supposed to be on theater.

But the song is another version of illella/aya, instead of being done by 4 it's now done by 2. (This is my personal opinion i really don't like the path KDH is taking), the song is more of okayish but was saved by the concept. Since it's prerelease I'm counting the days till the big release and hoping for moonsun sound.
As a Latina, it always baffles me that any song with a bare minimum Latin sound is often lumped together by kpop fans as samey. Egotistic, Aya, Illella, and Chico Malo are such wildly different songs that I can't even grasp your comparison here. The song is pretty great as it is, btw, nothing repetitive.

And it's worth remembering that Moonsun had no participation in composing or writing the title track, so it'll carry even more of KDH than this one.
This. It's like they don't understand the different urban music that latam has. Just because they said latin vibe, doesn't mean it's the same. For this case, Chico Malo is the first time Mamamoo does a real trap-ish song, that's not reggeaton and way more different than just a "latin vibe". Ego/AYA/Illella aren't the same genre as Chico Malo, Illella is more reggeaton (for the first time ever), Ego is latin vibe a bit, Aya i still don't know exactly what it has to do with latinos tbh. Chico Malo is pretty in line with current urban wave, but of course, in a very fancy way, because those oriental sounds are chef's kiss.
The dance break in the end of AYA is brazilian funk. But yeah they're all quite different i honestly don't get the comparisons.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

_illusions wrote: ↑
22 Mar 2023, 01:37
22 Mar 2023, 01:23

The dance break in the end of AYA is brazilian funk. But yeah they're all quite different i honestly don't get the comparisons.
that's a too nice brazilian funk then, because funk originated in favelas and it's pretty disjointed and chaotic. This is the first I heard the dancebreak is brazilian funk. Guess it could be if we're flexible enough, but just adds to the previous point about how all those songs are very different genres and quite offensive to grouped them together. It's like if we say asian music to talk about everything from the continent, pretty crazy.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

This is kinda random but I noticed that the jacket Byul wore in today's live is the identical to the one Soyoon (from Se So Neon) wore recently. Coincidence or do we think these gays know each other and maybe keep in touch?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Chico Malo is honestly so good like I've been listening to it on repeat and at first I thought it was nice but like it's growing rapidly on me kind of like Illella (I still think Illella is really good, I don't understand how so many people disliked it. Still a bop). Also this is the Aniri version too, like I can't even imagine how the regular version is gonna sound.

Also to those who didn't really feel Chico Malo, I recommend listening with through something that picks up bass really well, when I first watched with normal phone speakers it was just okay and on cheaper headphones it was also just okay. But with speaker or headphones with good bass and tuning, it sounds so nice. A real audiophile track.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

22 Mar 2023, 02:41
This is kinda random but I noticed that the jacket Byul wore in today's live is the identical to the one Soyoon (from Se So Neon) wore recently. Coincidence or do we think these gays know each other and maybe keep in touch?
I assume coincidence, there's no evidence that those two have crossed paths or have connections with one another. Unless there's a secret k-gay syndicate that no one is aware of.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

22 Mar 2023, 02:51
Chico Malo is honestly so good like I've been listening to it on repeat and at first I thought it was nice but like it's growing rapidly on me kind of like Illella (I still think Illella is really good, I don't understand how so many people disliked it. Still a bop). Also this is the Aniri version too, like I can't even imagine how the regular version is gonna sound.

Also to those who didn't really feel Chico Malo, I recommend listening with through something that picks up bass really well, when I first watched with normal phone speakers it was just okay and on cheaper headphones it was also just okay. But with speaker or headphones with good bass and tuning, it sounds so nice. A real audiophile track.
That's the problem with chico malo. You have to listen to it multiple times for it to grow on you. Apart from fans no one wants to do so. Infact as an overhyped ms and in general ot4 fan I couldn't go beyond the 1 time listen.

I am getting the Aya parallels but without getting too defensive I can say it's different. Sadly for me it's not a good different, it's a song that doesn't work without the mv. And while the mv is super interesting alongwith the concept, a better budget and different execution of the end product visually would have taken it to the next level.

Sadly that doesn't take away from the fact that it's a good song but seems to be lacking somethings.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

22 Mar 2023, 03:13
I assume coincidence, there's no evidence that those two have crossed paths or have connections with one another. Unless there's a secret k-gay syndicate that no one is aware of.
Wel Wheein could have introduced them but also the obvious answer is just that Koreans like trendy things. And stylists also pick up on trends and recommend things

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Interesting so this is kind of confirmation that the thief being referenced in the lyrics is in fact Byul

In korea the 3 thieves are 3 famous men who married the 3 women widely considered to be true Korean beauties. So when it’s on the lyrics it’s kind of like Solar saying:

You missed out on me you can’t be one of the three thieves

But then we have Wi here calling Byul the thief meaning she does get the beautiful woman that is Yong

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I thought it was understood that they’re both the Chico malo (chica in their case) since they’re singing about each other.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

22 Mar 2023, 03:23

That's the problem with chico malo. You have to listen to it multiple times for it to grow on you. Apart from fans no one wants to do so. Infact as an overhyped ms and in general ot4 fan I couldn't go beyond the 1 time listen.

I am getting the Aya parallels but without getting too defensive I can say it's different. Sadly for me it's not a good different, it's a song that doesn't work without the mv. And while the mv is super interesting alongwith the concept, a better budget and different execution of the end product visually would have taken it to the next level.

Sadly that doesn't take away from the fact that it's a good song but seems to be lacking somethings.
Pre-releases will never have the a big mv budget, I don’t know what you’re looking for because you’re not getting it from mmm. I think it’s impressive how clever they used the sets they were given to tell the story given their budget.

Also I never said I thought the song was unlistenable ever, when I first listened to it I thought it was nice but after digesting it and listening to it multiple times, there’s a lot more to appreciate that I had not at first listen.

Songs taking a couple of listens is literally most of mamamoo’s releases tbh, that’s kind of how A LOT of music works not just kpop. Also just because it takes someone a couple of listens doesn’t mean that everyone else feels the same way? I know of people listened to it for the first time and felt hooked immediately. Chico malo is having way better reception than Better and it’s only a pre-release, because Better was not well-received by the gp or moos alike.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

22 Mar 2023, 03:45

Interesting so this is kind of confirmation that the thief being referenced in the lyrics is in fact Byul

In korea the 3 thieves are 3 famous men who married the 3 women widely considered to be true Korean beauties. So when it’s on the lyrics it’s kind of like Solar saying:

But then we have Wi here calling Byul the thief meaning she does get the beautiful woman that is Yong
How many moooooore references are buried in Chico malo ? Why is turning out to be a korean history lesson. Lmao

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

22 Mar 2023, 04:02

Pre-releases will never have the a big mv budget, I don’t know what you’re looking for because you’re not getting it from mmm. I think it’s impressive how clever they used the sets they were given to tell the story given their budget.

Also I never said I thought the song was unlistenable ever, when I first listened to it I thought it was nice but after digesting it and listening to it multiple times, there’s a lot more to appreciate that I had not at first listen.

Songs taking a couple of listens is literally most of mamamoo’s releases tbh, that’s kind of how A LOT of music works not just kpop. Also just because it takes someone a couple of listens doesn’t mean that everyone else feels the same way? I know of people listened to it for the first time and felt hooked immediately. Chico malo is having way better reception than Better and it’s only a pre-release, because Better was not well-received by the gp or moos alike.
Why am I not surprised that same people complaining about the budget (without presenting an argument how are a bigger budget would have made a better MV) are the same people complaining about a song that is not an instant, worldwide earworm. It's a serious case of acute kpop-itis. If it doesn't have a high budget, it's bad. If people don't like it first listen, it's bad, because who would ever listen to a song more than one time, right. If it didn't reach a certain million views or thousand streams first day, it's bad. It's all about making a statement and providing instant satisfaction, it's not even about enjoying music anymore.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

22 Mar 2023, 04:18
22 Mar 2023, 04:02

Why am I not surprised that same people complaining about the budget (without presenting an argument how are a bigger budget would have made a better MV) are the same people complaining about a song that is not an instant, worldwide earworm. It's a serious case of acute kpop-itis. If it doesn't have a high budget, it's bad. If people don't like it first listen, it's bad, because who would ever listen to a song more than one time, right. If it didn't reach a certain million views or thousand streams first day, it's bad. It's all about making a statement and providing instant satisfaction, it's not even about enjoying music anymore.
No. It's not that for a song to be high on the views it needs to appeal to gp. Chico malo is more in the experimental genre but it's not what I would term as a banger, it takes getting used to. Plus it's a b-side and it's rbw so one can do the math.

There is no need to be defensive about a song. Not everything put out by ms is going to hit the mark, some will miss. I am hoping for ggbb to be more gp friendly and get acceptance from the gp. This subunit is good just needs gp friendly music to hit big.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Around the 4-4:10 mark, we are witnessing the biggest fan of matahari in Korea. There really won't be anyone who's more in love with matahari to remember the tiniest details like moonbyul.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

That one anon trying to convince everyone the song is bad is so funny. There is a concensus about this urban inspired song in themes and rhythm, people like it.

Just because one person doesn't understand what trap is and why is super popular right now, it doesn't make the song experimental.

Chico Malo is a very good song, doesn't require multiple listens to be addictive, on the contrary, it's very addictive and doesn't need to spent millions and millions of dollars to show a pretty story.

The problem isn't the song, it's you, anon.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

22 Mar 2023, 06:05
That one anon trying to convince everyone the song is bad is so funny. There is a concensus about this urban inspired song in themes and rhythm, people like it.

Just because one person doesn't understand what trap is and why is super popular right now, it doesn't make the song experimental.

Chico Malo is a very good song, doesn't require multiple listens to be addictive, on the contrary, it's very addictive and doesn't need to spent millions and millions of dollars to show a pretty story.

Da. I had refrained from posting but can you chill and allow people to post their thoughts without this superiors posturing. Fans can like or dislike the song and its a personal opinion. You and I like it, great let's stream the song if possible. Anons don't like it, it's fine. No need to continue to win this argument by making multiple posts and let the issue fade on its own. Like learn some tolerance man!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

The views are very low now sadly...is it cos they never use ads?? And how's their album sales now?? Is it doing okay??

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

22 Mar 2023, 06:13
The views are very low now sadly...is it cos they never use ads?? And how's their album sales now?? Is it doing okay??
It’s Moonsun. They aren’t going to many get views or sales. I don’t know why people are so suprised each time. They’re actually doing what their normal reach is

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

22 Mar 2023, 03:45

Love all the cultural reference in their lyrics and MV :wub:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

22 Mar 2023, 08:18
We don’t care about twitter drama. Bunch of obsessed kids

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

22 Mar 2023, 08:18
Yeah, I noticed it too. But made good use of the block button.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

22 Mar 2023, 03:13
She was on kick a goal and knows Wheein they've definitely met

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

22 Mar 2023, 06:12
22 Mar 2023, 06:05

Da. I had refrained from posting but can you chill and allow people to post their thoughts without this superiors posturing. Fans can like or dislike the song and its a personal opinion. You and I like it, great let's stream the song if possible. Anons don't like it, it's fine. No need to continue to win this argument by making multiple posts and let the issue fade on its own. Like learn some tolerance man!
Sa, so only I have to be tolerant when the person who doesn't like it can't say that and instead keep saying nonsense and giving as a fact everything they think? No, thanks. People who shared their vision telling it isn't their cup of tea were fine. Those anon keeps pushing a very biased vision and it's completely different from being tolerant.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Da, it's music we all have different tastes and we're all gonna have different opinions, but I feel like you're stating your own personal experience with the song as an objective fact that would apply to everyone (Bolded part). So no, for many of us CM didn't need multiple listens to grow on us and it was an instant hit. For me the second the song ended I couldn't wait to play it again because I loved it so much.
I also don't feel like it's lacking anything and it's one of their better produced songs in years. I actually haven't felt this satisfied with a mamamoo release in a long time both musically and visually.
And for the last time b-sides and pre-releases always get a mediocre budget, in fact this still looks way more beautiful and aesthetically pleasing than say Aze gag or 1cm, even the pre-releases that manage to look really nice are still low budget Paint me for exp is pretty much just one set and 4 dresses in 4 different colors, that's it.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

22 Mar 2023, 11:33

Da, it's music we all have different tastes and we're all gonna have different opinions, but I feel like you're stating your own personal experience with the song as an objective fact that would apply to everyone (Bolded part). So no, for many of us CM didn't need multiple listens to grow on us and it was an instant hit. For me the second the song ended I couldn't wait to play it again because I loved it so much.
I also don't feel like it's lacking anything and it's one of their better produced songs in years. I actually haven't felt this satisfied with a mamamoo release in a long time both musically and visually.
And for the last time b-sides and pre-releases always get a mediocre budget, in fact this still looks way more beautiful and aesthetically pleasing than say Aze gag or 1cm, even the pre-releases that manage to look really nice are still low budget Paint me for exp is pretty much just one set and 4 dresses in 4 different colors, that's it.
How you gonna say that my opinion is mine and I am forcing it on people by then going to state your opinion as a generic one?

Problem is people have diff tastes and if I am OK with thinking the song is not so good while being ok with your liking it, should it also be vice versa ? Or does your opinion alone stand ?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

22 Mar 2023, 11:57
How you gonna say that my opinion is mine and I am forcing it on people by then going to state your opinion as a generic one?

Problem is people have diff tastes and if I am OK with thinking the song is not so good while being ok with your liking it, should it also be vice versa ? Or does your opinion alone stand ?
Da you generalized what happened to *you* with the dong to explicitly say the song is bad when most people have a different opinion and found the song good. You're not happy with saying you didn't like which it's okay, you want everyone to agree on the skng being bad when that's not the general view.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I stated my own opinion simply as mine and said so multiple times. You stated your opinion (bolded part) as an objective fact that this song is bad and not just a personal opinion.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

22 Mar 2023, 12:34
i

I stated my own opinion simply as mine and said so multiple times. You stated your opinion (bolded part) as an objective fact that this song is bad and not just a personal opinion.
Bruh you have added a we after stating your opinion while terming mine as a stand alone opinion. Like what's going on here? Can't I as a fan find the song lackluster and hope for better from the tt ? Or do I have to (or for that matter of fact anyone who doesn't agree to your views) always agree with you.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

22 Mar 2023, 12:40

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

22 Mar 2023, 13:45
22 Mar 2023, 12:40
Curse you both for sending me there out of curiosity only to see the clownery that was happening.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

22 Mar 2023, 13:39
22 Mar 2023, 12:34
i

Bruh you have added a we after stating your opinion while terming mine as a stand alone opinion. Like what's going on here? Can't I as a fan find the song lackluster and hope for better from the tt ? Or do I have to (or for that matter of fact anyone who doesn't agree to your views) always agree with you.
I said "many of us" because many anons said they loved the song, I never said everyone did. I also clearly stated it's natural to have different opinions and different tastes in music. You're trying too hard to make it seem like I said certain things in my post which were never said.
Some of us loved the song, some people (including yourself) disliked it, and that's fine. Let's just not state personal opinions as facts that apply to everyone, that's all I'm saying.
I'm gonna stop responding to this convo now. Peace.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Thoughts?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Hmm. Moonbyul is wearing clothes the same style as male dancers and Solar the same style as female dancers.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

22 Mar 2023, 15:17
Thoughts?

<a class="vglnk" href="" rel="nofollow"><span>https</span><span>://</span><span>twitter</span><span>.</span><span>com</span><span>/</span><span>RBW</span><span>_</span><span>MAMAMOO</span><span>/</span><span>status</span><span>/</span><span>1638556136705245184</span></a>
I prefer this, I am not a fan of Latin music that mmm tryna put out lately. Not really my taste. I really wish they have better producers

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

22 Mar 2023, 15:26
Thoughts?

<a class="vglnk" href="" rel="nofollow"><span>https</span><span>://</span><span>twitter</span><span>.</span><span>com</span><span>/</span><span>RBW</span><span>_</span><span>MAMAMOO</span><span>/</span><span>status</span><span>/</span><span>1638556136705245184</span></a>
I prefer this, I am not a fan of Latin music that mmm tryna put out lately. Not really my taste. I really wish they have better producers
You not liking it doesn't mean the producers are bad. Personally, I loved Chico Malo, it's great music wise.

I think the new teaser is actually just the dance break.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Thoughts?

There's "white people can't dance", and this thread seems to be establishing that "white people can't listen", because seriously. What's Latin about this? All you hear is a beat (probably for a dance break) that's very much reminiscent of USA hip-hop and got nothing to do with Latin. What the hell.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Thoughts?

For me this confirms GGBB has zero chance of topping Chico Malo, this was really not my vibe. And I said this before but those outfits and color are hideous, I hope the rest of the outfits are better.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

22 Mar 2023, 15:36
Thoughts?

There's "white people can't dance", and this thread seems to be establishing that "white people can't listen", because seriously. What's Latin about this? All you hear is a beat (probably for a dance break) that's very much reminiscent of USA hip-hop and got nothing to do with Latin. What the hell.
Da
I think OP was describing Chico malo as "latin" not ggbb, that's why they said I prefer this (as opposed to ggbb)

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I loved chico malo but I think ggbb will be even better for me