Dreamcatcher

gay agenda
Reactions:

Re: Dreamcatcher

Post by gay agenda »

sad it’s dead in here so i’m gonna post some conversation starters. anyone keeping up with the current tour? they prepared lots of b-sides this time, like i may not love What but have to say its cool to see them dust it off. that vegas thing looks like a scam though the ticket prices are insane.

with the next comeback DC will close out the apocalypse trilogy. what do you hope they do next? mostly thinking about genre of music but anything is fair game

finally any sus moments you want to share?

Villanelle171
Reactions: 41

Post by Villanelle171 »

You mentioning the tour, I'm surprised I haven't seen any photos of any of them with a lgbtq flag this time round. I wonder if their management got on their case about that since, let's be real, in South Korea, anything lgbtq is definitely frowned upon.
🚛😵👻👍

Ryofu_45
Reactions:

Post by Ryofu_45 »

Villanelle171 wrote:
06 Mar 2023, 07:11
You mentioning the tour, I'm surprised I haven't seen any photos of any of them with a lgbtq flag this time round. I wonder if their management got on their case about that since, let's be real, in South Korea, anything lgbtq is definitely frowned upon.
Maybe they didn't want to deal with all the crybabies (m3n) on Twitter/Reddit complaining that female fans are pushing the gay agenda on them

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Villanelle171 wrote:
I went to their DC show last week and had a blast. I saw zero LGBTQ flags in the crowd and we were instructed to not throw things on stage. Everyone was very respectful of that (though I saw a Dami and Yoohyeon taking things from audience members who held them up). When I saw them late last year, I felt like there was a very gay crowd. This time around, it was incredibly diverse. Like every ethnicity, age, etc. It was a great representation of the DC area.

They did do a lot of B-sides and I was very surprised they skipped on Maison, which was pretty popular in the US.

gay agenda
Reactions:

Post by gay agenda »

Guest wrote:
06 Mar 2023, 22:41
Villanelle171 wrote:
I went to their DC show last week and had a blast. I saw zero LGBTQ flags in the crowd and we were instructed to not throw things on stage. Everyone was very respectful of that (though I saw a Dami and Yoohyeon taking things from audience members who held them up). When I saw them late last year, I felt like there was a very gay crowd. This time around, it was incredibly diverse. Like every ethnicity, age, etc. It was a great representation of the DC area.

They did do a lot of B-sides and I was very surprised they skipped on Maison, which was pretty popular in the US.
glad you got to go anon :hug:

interesting about the crowd difference from 2022 tour, maybe because their fan base is growing. we love to see it!

use to resent other gg when success was handed to them at debut but now i wouldn’t trade DC journey for anything. they are it for me.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

gay agenda wrote:
08 Mar 2023, 04:52
Guest wrote:
06 Mar 2023, 22:41
Villanelle171 wrote:

glad you got to go anon :hug:

interesting about the crowd difference from 2022 tour, maybe because their fan base is growing. we love to see it!

use to resent other gg when success was handed to them at debut but now i wouldn’t trade DC journey for anything. they are it for me.
DA- Hi somnies, hope that you are all healthy! I am glad this thread is back up. Anyways, I went to their Reading concert and this time around I enjoyed much much better than last July. The venue change caused a bit of confusion and chaos with the seating arrangements, but I ended up with the best view. I was kinda upset at their stylist or whoever was in charge with their clothing, because poor Siyeon had to walked away within the first few minutes of the show due to those way too big baggy jeans. And yep, the announcer made it clear that nothing can be thrown on stage. Also, I didn't see any flags this time. At first, I felt that the girls were probably a bit sad seeing the small crowd, but did things picked up and the place was lit!!! We showed lots of love and support when Gah was crying. (Hope she's feeling better).I was looking forward to seeing them perform the Love shake challenge, but serenading Dami for her birthday was truly amazing. And yes, there were barking, but I think Jiu iniaited it lol.
Growing up with two older sisters who were huge bgs stans and a gf who's favorite gg is one of the big three, I suffered a lot while supporting DC since Raid of Dreams era. So yes, their journey of success is sweeter than sweet. I'm proud that I was there for the gaycatcher days, Suayeon ship/Jiyoo/Siyoo ships wars, voting non stop for their first win, etc etc. I was literally in tears when when they performed You and I. To see Dami's doing that stick magic brought back the memories of me watching their video on loop endlessly lol. Oh and the best thing is that my gf confessing to me that she was shocked with Siyeon's live vocals.
tw folks were asking whether Yoohyeon is taller than what she is listed. I did the hi touch, and Yooh is def at least btw 170-172cm (I'm 172cm and we were same level her eyes are so beautiful). Also, Dongie is really more stunning in person. With my kpop life is now complete. This insomnia can now sleep no more holding this pain. It's now limit no more supporting Dc till I die ^_^ :heart:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

btw for any somnies going to the upcoming concerts if you willing to help me out please buy a Siyeon or Dami jersey and put up for sale. I'll look for it on ebay/reddit. I regret not buying one, so I'm willing to pay at whatever you want. Thank you! :hug:

Dami_can_slap_me
Reactions:

Post by Dami_can_slap_me »

I find the whole "barking" thing degrading asf, no matter who initiated it. It's basically cat calling, and no woman deserves that. I don't know, I'm trying not to be a downer, but I feel more and more like they're catering to the m^le fanbase, and I feel let down by them for encouraging the shitty behavior of these basement dwelling fans towards women.

Villanelle171

Post by Villanelle171 »

Dami_can_slap_me wrote:
09 Mar 2023, 03:06
I find the whole "barking" thing degrading asf, no matter who initiated it. It's basically cat calling, and no woman deserves that. I don't know, I'm trying not to be a downer, but I feel more and more like they're catering to the m^le fanbase, and I feel let down by them for encouraging the shitty behavior of these basement dwelling fans towards women.
Tell me about it this barking shit needs to stop its gross
🚛😵👻👍

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Dami_can_slap_me wrote:
09 Mar 2023, 03:06
Projection: the post

Villanelle171

Post by Villanelle171 »

Ryofu_45 wrote:
06 Mar 2023, 20:28
Villanelle171 wrote:
Maybe they didn't want to deal with all the crybabies (m3n) on Twitter/Reddit complaining that female fans are pushing the gay agenda on them
lol I got reported by one of them on reddit awhile back because I called them a homophobic pig
🚛😵👻👍

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

The concerts look like they've been fun, besides the Reading venue change fiasco. That looked like a mess. The girls look like they've been having a lot of fun without going crazy like the No Dot challenge from last year, which got to be A LOT.

I actually like the outfits more this time around. The suits were SO GOOD and seeing Siyeon in that ponytail in that suit reminded me SO MUCH of Piri it gave me goosebumps.

And as an aside, your new avatar takes me back, Villanelle! Even after all these years, it's my favorite anime of all time. <3

gay agenda
Reactions:

Post by gay agenda »

Guest wrote:
10 Mar 2023, 16:54
The concerts look like they've been fun, besides the Reading venue change fiasco. That looked like a mess. The girls look like they've been having a lot of fun without going crazy like the No Dot challenge from last year, which got to be A LOT.
after the panini both the crowds and most of DC went absolutely feral so it’s nice to see they’ve settled down somewhat haha. if anyone has good twitter clips pls post a few here!
I actually like the outfits more this time around. The suits were SO GOOD and seeing Siyeon in that ponytail in that suit reminded me SO MUCH of Piri it gave me goosebumps.
the grip Piri Siyeon had on me is unmatched to this day!

Villanelle171

Post by Villanelle171 »

Guest wrote:
10 Mar 2023, 16:54

And as an aside, your new avatar takes me back, Villanelle! Even after all these years, it's my favorite anime of all time. <3
🚛😵👻👍

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
08 Mar 2023, 19:14
Also, Dongie is really more stunning in person.
This 100%. Handong bias wrecked me HARD during the hi-touch. I was actually blown away by how absolutely BEAUTIFUL she is in person. Words, photos, videos do not do her justice. The woman is breathtakingly stunning.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Wow, I had no idea DC had a thread in TLC. I've been in this board for years but rarely venture outside of the same three or four threads, so it's quite funny that I actually found this thread trough a google search :lol: warning, long and probably boring post ahead by a fairly new fan.

Just wanted to start by saying that I can't believe I slept on them for so long. I've known of them since 2018, more or less, and even though Fly High, Chase Me, and Good Night have been in my kpop playlist for years, I never really felt the pull to delve more into their music :facepalm:
It doesn't help that I've been making a deliberate attempt at distancing myself from the kpop fandom for the last few years, barely keeping up with a handful of girl groups. In part bc I think the entire kpop industry thrives on the toxicicity between fandoms and I feel I'm getting too old for that shit, but also bc I'm not really into noise music, which seems to be quite popular nowdays. It was only recently, like less than a month ago, that I came across a clip of the Vision MV on Twitter. Boy, let me just say I was immediately blown away. The song was 100% my jam, and the MV was so cool that I found myself replaying it over and over. I'm also not afraid to admit that it was love at first sight with Siyeon the moment she first appeared wearing that blonde wig :wub: I mean, they're all beautiful, but Siyeon is definitely my type :lol:
Of course, after watching their Vision Mv more times than I care to admit, I started searching for more of their music, and that's when I was completely hooked. They have an impressive discography. Usually, one of my biggest pet peeves with some kpop groups is that their b-sides are pretty meh, even if their TTis good. is like the company doesn't care enough to put the same effort into the rest of the songs, so you end up with an album with one good TT and then a bunch of skippable, forgettable b-sides. Dreamcatcher is definitely not part of that list. I'm not even exaggerating, I've been listening almost exclusively to their entire dyscography for the past three weeks bc it's just THAT good :lol:
I also love that they have such a diverse discography. As someone who only knew those three songs I mentioned above, I wasn't aware of how many genres they've tackled. And the vocals and stage presence are also top notch, imo. Watching them sing live with a band is amazing. Just how many group are capable of singing completely live, withouth any backtracks, and still sound THIS good?
I'm not trying to put down other kpop acts, but I feel that Dreamcatcher is without doubt one of the most well rounded kpop groups I've seen. I'm honestly baffled that they're not more popular, and the only explanation I have is that it's because they're not from a big company.

Lastly,I have a few things I've been curious about that I'd like to ask you guys:

Does anyone know if any of the DC girls made it into the list of the female idols more loved by the korean lesbians? or do you have any idea about what members are more popular with female fans? I'm really curious to find out if my guess is right :lol:

Also, does anyone have any fanfic recs? any hidden gems? I don't have a preference for a specific ship. So far I've read Never Forgiven, Almost Forgotten, and In Blood and Iron.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 Mar 2023, 03:51
Wow, I had no idea DC had a thread in TLC. I've been in this board for years but rarely venture outside of the same three or four threads, so it's quite funny that I actually found this thread trough a google search :lol: warning, long and probably boring post ahead by a fairly new fan.

Just wanted to start by saying that I can't believe I slept on them for so long. I've known of them since 2018, more or less, and even though Fly High, Chase Me, and Good Night have been in my kpop playlist for years, I never really felt the pull to delve more into their music :facepalm:
It doesn't help that I've been making a deliberate attempt at distancing myself from the kpop fandom for the last few years, barely keeping up with a handful of girl groups. In part bc I think the entire kpop industry thrives on the toxicicity between fandoms and I feel I'm getting too old for that shit, but also bc I'm not really into noise music, which seems to be quite popular nowdays. It was only recently, like less than a month ago, that I came across a clip of the Vision MV on Twitter. Boy, let me just say I was immediately blown away. The song was 100% my jam, and the MV was so cool that I found myself replaying it over and over. I'm also not afraid to admit that it was love at first sight with Siyeon the moment she first appeared wearing that blonde wig :wub: I mean, they're all beautiful, but Siyeon is definitely my type :lol:
Of course, after watching their Vision Mv more times than I care to admit, I started searching for more of their music, and that's when I was completely hooked. They have an impressive discography. Usually, one of my biggest pet peeves with some kpop groups is that their b-sides are pretty meh, even if their TTis good. is like the company doesn't care enough to put the same effort into the rest of the songs, so you end up with an album with one good TT and then a bunch of skippable, forgettable b-sides. Dreamcatcher is definitely not part of that list. I'm not even exaggerating, I've been listening almost exclusively to their entire dyscography for the past three weeks bc it's just THAT good :lol:
I also love that they have such a diverse discography. As someone who only knew those three songs I mentioned above, I wasn't aware of how many genres they've tackled. And the vocals and stage presence are also top notch, imo. Watching them sing live with a band is amazing. Just how many group are capable of singing completely live, withouth any backtracks, and still sound THIS good?
I'm not trying to put down other kpop acts, but I feel that Dreamcatcher is without doubt one of the most well rounded kpop groups I've seen. I'm honestly baffled that they're not more popular, and the only explanation I have is that it's because they're not from a big company.

Lastly,I have a few things I've been curious about that I'd like to ask you guys:

Does anyone know if any of the DC girls made it into the list of the female idols more loved by the korean lesbians? or do you have any idea about what members are more popular with female fans? I'm really curious to find out if my guess is right :lol:

Also, does anyone have any fanfic recs? any hidden gems? I don't have a preference for a specific ship. So far I've read Never Forgiven, Almost Forgotten, and In Blood and Iron.
welcome back essay anon!!!!! :rofl:

Villanelle171

Post by Villanelle171 »

Some did rank on the k-lesbians list but they're not ranked high up there I'll ask about the list on the k-ent thread then copy paste here if I remember 😉
🚛😵👻👍

Villanelle171

Post by Villanelle171 »

Here you go Anon here's there klesbian rankings from last year

#53 JiU
#57 Siyeon
#77 SuA
#87 Dami and Yoohyeon are tied

Handong and Gahyeon unfortunately aren't on the klesbians list 😕 weird I know
🚛😵👻👍

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Villanelle171 wrote:
12 Mar 2023, 21:09
Here you go Anon here's there klesbian rankings from last year

#53 JiU
#57 Siyeon
#77 SuA
#87 Dami and Yoohyeon are tied

Handong and Gahyeon unfortunately aren't on the klesbians list 😕 weird I know
The rankings were WRONG and INACCURATE this is correct lol

1- Jiu
1- Sua
1- Siyeon
1- Handong
1- Yoohyeon
1- Dami
1- Gahyeon
8- Seola
9- Bona
10- Irene

Our maknae knows that she's beautiful and beloved, and Handong was ranked #1 as the most popular foreign idol whatever. :lol:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

This 100%. Handong bias wrecked me HARD during the hi-touch. I was actually blown away by how absolutely BEAUTIFUL she is in person. Words, photos, videos do not do her justice. The woman is breathtakingly stunning.
X1000 just look at her

Villanelle171

Post by Villanelle171 »

I swear whoever Candy Cindy is they're doing the lords work 🙌 😭
🚛😵👻👍

gay agenda
Reactions:

Post by gay agenda »

something about Handong’s aura is just…..wow. what a woman :love:

and welcome to the new Insomnia! some of the more popular members might have more numerous female fans but Siyeon has the highest proportion of female fans.

gay agenda
Reactions:

Post by gay agenda »

idk who this person is or why they re shooting media for DCC but the Denver photos are f*ckint amazing

JiU
Handong
Yoohyeon
Gahyeon
Dami again

the FOMO o am feeling is insane

gay agenda
Reactions:

Post by gay agenda »

bonus: Siyeon and brief Siyoo moment

and for Jiyoo fans

Yooh_only
Reactions:

Post by Yooh_only »

^
Yoohyeon and Dami pics are insane 🥵
Jiyoo are on 🔥
Thanks for posting anon!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Jiyoo :wub: Looking forward to the photobook.

Yooh_only
Reactions:

Post by Yooh_only »

She's so pretty :wub:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 22:21
Suayeon's couple hat :wub:

Yooh_only
Reactions:

Post by Yooh_only »

Happy Handong day! :wub:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I was watching a deukae video on yt, and I read a comment that said Siyeon is 25% black cause one of her grandmas, I think? is black. Does anyone know if this is true? the poster said that Siyeon mentioned this when they were still Minx, but I couldn't find anything about it anywhere else.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

So jiyoo went to Thailand just the two of them completely on the down low, huh :tinfoil:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
29 Mar 2023, 22:12
So jiyoo went to Thailand just the two of them completely on the down low, huh :tinfoil:
Yup, just the two of them. :heart:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
28 Mar 2023, 07:23
I was watching a deukae video on yt, and I read a comment that said Siyeon is 25% black cause one of her grandmas, I think? is black. Does anyone know if this is true? the poster said that Siyeon mentioned this when they were still Minx, but I couldn't find anything about it anywhere else.
OP was joking. Its a running gag on blktwt that she is quarter black and they like to jokingly claim her as one of their own.
Guest wrote:
Is it really "on the down low" if they went for a company assigned offical high profile photoshoot and interview with a bunch of staff?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
31 Mar 2023, 00:29
Guest wrote:
28 Mar 2023, 07:23
OP was joking. Its a running gag on blktwt that she is quarter black and they like to jokingly claim her as one of their own.
Guest wrote:
Is it really "on the down low" if they went for a company assigned offical high profile photoshoot and interview with a bunch of staff?
After business it was lights down low? :hudoin:

gay agenda
Reactions:

Post by gay agenda »

the jiyoo fanfic writes itself :lol: fr though love to see our girls rising! plus their episode of that webtoon singer show will air in like 5-6 hers

and of course

let’s f*ckin gooooooo

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
31 Mar 2023, 00:29
Guest wrote:
I was actually waiting for this comment :P
I said on the down low because we only got wind of it having happened after the photo releases for ceci as well as their videos/interviews on yt. But maybe that's not at all uncommon?

gay agenda
Reactions:

Post by gay agenda »

this masterpiece :rageblush:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
02 Apr 2023, 12:13
And this ship is still sailing.. :lol:
:wub: :wub:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
02 Apr 2023, 18:37
Guest wrote:
Of course it's still sailing, they're soulmates after all :shifty:

Seriously, I like every deukae ship, but I've always had a soft spot for suayeon :wub:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
03 Apr 2023, 02:50
Guest wrote:
02 Apr 2023, 18:37
Guest wrote:
Of course it's still sailing, they're soulmates after all :shifty:

Seriously, I like every deukae ship, but I've always had a soft spot for suayeon :wub:
hmm want to discuss the infamous tongue comment? Up to this day, I’m still wondering if Siyeon was speaking from experience ☺️

Yooh_only
Reactions:

Post by Yooh_only »

Omg, Yoohyeon's short brown hair!!! :wub:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

^
For a moment there I thought it was Handong🤣 She looks pretty, but I preferYooheyon in long hair better.

gay agenda
Reactions:

Post by gay agenda »

woah she looks pretty but also like a different person! i prefer her silver or full blonde with long hair.

favorite short hair in the group goes to Piri era Dami and Maison era Gahyeon

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

She's gorgeous, so of course she looks good with short hair :wub:
But if I'm honest, I prefer when women have longer hair, myself included lol.

Probably one the few exceptions to that rule is Siyeon, I think I like her more with short blonde hair :$

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

:yawn:
Y'all seriously need to put twitter links in spoilers it messes with the page loading for some of us 😒

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
05 Apr 2023, 22:09
Fatal SuA :wub: