Reactions:

Re: SNSD

Post by Guest »

yes, thank you!

Let's celebrate with some classic!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Makes me laugh no matter how many times I watch it. The way they laugh with their whole body :rofl:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

A little pandering doesn't hurt anyone, does it? :P I love the last clip because she sounds so good. She was never able to utilize her lower register in the group like she has in her solo stuff.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I missed out on the last few pages of the other thread but at least we have a new one

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

:hmmm:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I saw this for the first time just now omg :bowdown:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 Feb 2023, 22:10
I saw this for the first time just now omg :bowdown:
They are beautiful, smart, sexy, and chaotic but first and foremost they are talented. This is so good. Whoever arranged it and re-distributed the lines is a genius.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 Feb 2023, 02:41
:hmmm:
and the thigh squeezing. :lol:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Sunny: "When I first saw Sooyoung (in that dress) I didn't know where to look because it was so sexy" She was just saying what we were all thinking. :rofl:

The dress in question:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

speaking of Sunny

song/album?
I'm guessing song for her netflix show

btw, Hyo is busy, busy and someone joked that it's probably time for contract renewals :lol: Typical SM.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
14 Feb 2023, 11:08
speaking of Sunny

song/album?

btw, Hyo is busy, busy and someone joked that it's probably time for contract renewals :lol: Typical SM.
I will take whatever I can get tbh. Maybe F1 comeback re-ignited her love for music after taking time to heal and beat her insecurities. She did get a lot of praise for her vocals on the album and it seems like the members were lightly encouraging her throughout promo. But since Netflix is tagged I'm thinking the same. There are other idols too (the Weiner dudes I think?) so maybe they recorded their parts separately and Hyo will too. I so wish it were a single though.

Everyone remains booked and busy while younger fans try to call them irrelevant. :rofl: I hope Oh!GG don't re-sign now that SM is in shambles, but it must be hard because of HyoTae's music catalogs and of course the rights to their name. In Sunny's bbl, she basically said don't worry and just watch the fire burn from afar across the river :rofl: I wonder if they are plotting in their GC.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
speaking of Sunny

song/album?

That's Sunny? :unsure:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Feb 2023, 01:52
Guest wrote:
speaking of Sunny

song/album?

da
:-| Yeah...I wasn't gonna say anything but hard to ignore. I was trying to explain it away by the lighting or shadows from her hat or jetlag. She must've just gotten it super recently and it should settle in a week or something. I know PS is a taboo topic but if it was talked about more within Korea and fandom, then maybe more could be done to change how image obsessed they are. It's so harmful. It seems the age of getting something done is getting lower and lower. Then it's normalized for them to get tweaks and injections throughout their life. Cue body dysmorphia.

They need workplace regulations to protect trainees so the adults can't mentally and emotionally abuse them into getting something done. It breaks my heart whenever I hear former trainees get told they're ugly from this angle, change it and that they're fat, lose weight. And it's probably coming from the mouth of a nasty ass man. I'm pretty sure Fany got something done to her nose for Peak Time and her new agency photos. Of course all these things are their choice, but you have to look at the underlying issues.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Feb 2023, 07:04
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
speaking of Sunny

song/album?

da
:-| Yeah...I wasn't gonna say anything but hard to ignore. I was trying to explain it away by the lighting or shadows from her hat or jetlag. She must've just gotten it super recently and it should settle in a week or something. I know PS is a taboo topic but if it was talked about more within Korea and fandom, then maybe more could be done to change how image obsessed they are. It's so harmful. It seems the age of getting something done is getting lower and lower. Then it's normalized for them to get tweaks and injections throughout their life. Cue body dysmorphia.

They need workplace regulations to protect trainees so the adults can't mentally and emotionally abuse them into getting something done. It breaks my heart whenever I hear former trainees get told they're ugly from this angle, change it and that they're fat, lose weight. And it's probably coming from the mouth of a nasty ass man. I'm pretty sure Fany got something done to her nose for Peak Time and her new agency photos. Of course all these things are their choice, but you have to look at the underlying issues.
so true. they've all had work done by now, and ppl will say it like 'well of course they have, duh' because every woman in the industry either has or will and it's so messed up how inevitable and expected it is.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Feb 2023, 13:38
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
speaking of Sunny

song/album?

da

so true. they've all had work done by now, and ppl will say it like 'well of course they have, duh' because every woman in the industry either has or will and it's so messed up how inevitable and expected it is.
Such a complicated issue to talk about honestly. A lot of people will say "of course" as you mentioned but I've seem more say their fave is natural and act offended that others are "accusing" them of having PS. And there are others who will accuse you of body shaming and to stop talking about women's bodies. Yeah it can get into that territory often so that's fair, but seems like they don't want to admit how PS can affect idols mentally and that it is difficult to break out of those cycles. You can say, "as long as they feel better about themselves," which I agree with, but it soon can become an obsession and they'll always find something "wrong." A vicious cycle.

I'm pretty sure all male idols get work done too. Their noses at the very least. But I'm really concerned about the general population especially girls because it's very normalized. It used to just be the eyelid surgery when they're young, but now there are nose jobs happening early because their parents are projecting those beauty standards onto them. Anyways, sorry for this depressing conversation!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Feb 2023, 19:23
Guest wrote:
15 Feb 2023, 13:38
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
speaking of Sunny

song/album?

da

Such a complicated issue to talk about honestly. A lot of people will say "of course" as you mentioned but I've seem more say their fave is natural and act offended that others are "accusing" them of having PS. And there are others who will accuse you of body shaming and to stop talking about women's bodies. Yeah it can get into that territory often so that's fair, but seems like they don't want to admit how PS can affect idols mentally and that it is difficult to break out of those cycles. You can say, "as long as they feel better about themselves," which I agree with, but it soon can become an obsession and they'll always find something "wrong." A vicious cycle.

I'm pretty sure all male idols get work done too. Their noses at the very least. But I'm really concerned about the general population especially girls because it's very normalized. It used to just be the eyelid surgery when they're young, but now there are nose jobs happening early because their parents are projecting those beauty standards onto them. Anyways, sorry for this depressing conversation!
DA/ oh for sure! Many, many get PS or botox.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Feb 2023, 19:49

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Cuties

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Sooyoung: I'm the only one to get drunk again.
You can see it in her eyes. Maybe that's why she wore the veil :rofl:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

They really don't do it like they used to. 2nd gen was so wild when you compare this to idol reality shows now. And Soshi is Soshi so they'll always be wildin' :rofl:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Feb 2023, 20:14
Guest wrote:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Feb 2023, 21:20
They really don't do it like they used to. 2nd gen was so wild when you compare this to idol reality shows now. And Soshi is Soshi so they'll always be wildin' :rofl:
What was this from??

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
16 Feb 2023, 01:15
Guest wrote:
15 Feb 2023, 21:20
What was this from??
It was a show called Factory Girl, back in 2008

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Feb 2023, 20:17
Guest wrote:
da

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Do you think they will leave or renew? Do you think they'll all leave together or some will choose to stay?
  • Yoona doesn't need help with her acting career. But she should leave to change things up.
  • Yuri could use a new agency to help her choose and secure roles. She seems satisfied with her D+ show and her various cooking ventures, but I'm sure she wouldn't mind more acting roles.
  • Taeyeon needs more musical freedom, more than what she was able to get with INVU.
  • Hyo seems happy there. But then again, her mini only had 2 new songs and the rest were released over the course of 4 years prior. Why were songs released in 2018 on there? Why couldn't they give her new songs to fill up the mini? Hyotae love their hoobaes too but that's not a good enough reason to stay.
  • And who knows about Sunny, but I hope she bounces.
They could literally go anywhere they wanted. It'd be harder to have another comeback if they're all scattered though, plus the trademark of their name. I wonder what's going on in their group chat because the company drama just keeps getting deeper and deeper.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
16 Feb 2023, 06:27
Do you think they will leave or renew? Do you think they'll all leave together or some will choose to stay?
  • Yoona doesn't need help with her acting career. But she should leave to change things up.
  • Yuri could use a new agency to help her choose and secure roles. She seems satisfied with her D+ show and her various cooking ventures, but I'm sure she wouldn't mind more acting roles.
  • Taeyeon needs more musical freedom, more than what she was able to get with INVU.
  • Hyo seems happy there. But then again, her mini only had 2 new songs and the rest were released over the course of 4 years prior. Why were songs released in 2018 on there? Why couldn't they give her new songs to fill up the mini? Hyotae love their hoobaes too but that's not a good enough reason to stay.
They could literally go anywhere they wanted. It'd be harder to have another comeback if they're all scattered though, plus the trademark of their name. I wonder what's going on in their group chat because the company drama just keeps getting deeper and deeper.
If anyone leaves I'm betting on the actresses. I do think in order for SNSD to continue to exist, more members are going to have to stay with the company. Having only 3/8 left might essentially mean disbandment.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I know that at least threads are talking about this drama bc let's face it - it's a big one and directly affects many women we adore.
I have nothing to add other than I'm in shock just how ugly this is getting. It was funny for two days but now I really don't know... :mask: :blinkwide:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
16 Feb 2023, 06:27
Sunny has talked about being ready to retire, move out of the city, vanish, and live her life for quite a while now. But I don't know if she'd completely abandon the group just yet. As a fan I just want her (and all of them) to be happy, even if it means they're done.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I don't think they would ever officially disband, even if they don't have rights to their name (just yet). I think they'd fight for it through the courts while being on an indefinite hiatus. I'd like to believe that they'd stay together but been burned before so who knows. I can see Sunny really only coming out to do Soshi-related stuff as more time goes by like anon said she just wants to live her life. She did tease a song on her bbl last night. "It's not grand, but I think there's a way for you to hear my voice." That plus the picture in the studio. Unless it's like some animation voice role. That would be so sneaky of her to fake us out like that. Just as long as they're all happy and get to do what they want. They're too long in the industry to still be suppressed by that shit company.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Sorry i love Hyo, but why would she leave SM? She'd never get 1% of the opportunities she's given at SM if she goes elsewhere let's be reasonable here. She's not popular, she's not really a huge talent, and she's given a lot of work by shitty SM so girl is never leaving. Taeyeon hates the company, but she knows leaving is a risk she might not be willing to make. Sunny has a lot of freedom at SM, i guess that comes with the territory of being LSM's niece she gets to do what she wants and not many companies can give her that. Yoona and Yeri can easily go anywhere and be fine imo, so you never know. Btw what agency Tiffany is signed to? Because i love what they're doing for her career even though music is still clearly hard for her to break through outside of SM, which is one of the reasons someone like Taeyeon stays at SM.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
16 Feb 2023, 16:22
Sorry i love Hyo, but why would she leave SM? She'd never get 1% of the opportunities she's given at SM if she goes elsewhere let's be reasonable here. She's not popular, she's not really a huge talent, and she's given a lot of work by shitty SM so girl is never leaving. Taeyeon hates the company, but she knows leaving is a risk she might not be willing to make. Sunny has a lot of freedom at SM, i guess that comes with the territory of being LSM's niece she gets to do what she wants and not many companies can give her that. Yoona and Yeri can easily go anywhere and be fine imo, so you never know. Btw what agency Tiffany is signed to? Because i love what they're doing for her career even though music is still clearly hard for her to break through outside of SM, which is one of the reasons someone like Taeyeon stays at SM.
Yes, Hyo doesn't have a lot of popularity, but I don't agree she's not a huge talent. I'm not gonna list all of them. I do think her dancing has plateaued but she's still far and away the best idol dancer regardless. I can't believe people compare her to Momo and Lisa. If she spends more time with that popping crew, she'd reach new heights. I guess it's not her priority right now though.

For her and Sunny, I don't agree that they wouldn't be able to get opportunities outside of SM. They have enough clout, connections, and respect in the industry to go to any company and negotiate a good contract which would allow them do what they want. It's just cushy at SM because it's what they are used to. I think it's one of those things where if they get out, they'll be like "I could have had this the whole time? I should have done it sooner." I mean they still limit their opportunities and have to fight. Taeyeon w/ INVU as the lead single and SM initially planning just a single instead of a whole album for the anniversary. With all that said, I wouldn't be surprised if they stayed.

In addition to everything up there, I think what's keeping Tae is the music catalogue. I don't know how true it is, but since YYJ is loyal to LSM and leaving, Taeyeon can't perform 'Fine' anymore unless YYJ let's her since he has the rights. If she leaves, it could limit what she can perform. I hope she can leave because I think they're selling her short as far as concerts. IU sold out 2 nights at Jamsil and I don't doubt that she could do it too. SNSD could have done it but I guess that's only for their boy groups :eyeroll:

Whatever happens, I hope they'll be happy.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Oh and Tiffany is with Sublime. They have a lot of big talents. Lead actor from Parasite, Ra!n, that Nigerian-Korean model Han Hy-nmin, 2 g0t7 boys, former g-frend girl, and a bunch of actor/actresses that I don't really recognize.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I love that her manager is a butch lesbian, I'm assuming. It's like Shosho 2.0.-I hope I'm not the only one who was on SGSD and gets this reference...

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

So proud of these girls

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

LOL whoever edited it together only put Sica's parts.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
17 Feb 2023, 01:36
So proud of these girls
I love how booked and busy they still are years after their debut, this isn't easy to do at all. It's hard to stay this relevant for female idols, if anyone has followed other groups from this generation they'd know this.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
17 Feb 2023, 01:47
Guest wrote:
17 Feb 2023, 01:36
So proud of these girls
I love how booked and busy they still are years after their debut, this isn't easy to do at all. It's hard to stay this relevant for female idols, if anyone has followed other groups from this generation they'd know this.
da It really is so rare and this is what they mean when they say that SNSD are the standard. They were trained well for on and off the camera. They had to have built up a lot of good will in the industry to make people want to keep working with them up until now.

I saw about Momoland and Brave Girls yesterday, and I was really surprised when G-friend broke up a couple years ago. Only a few groups of each gen make it out past 7 years. And then the relevancy of each individual member is a whole other thing. To have all 8 doing their thing is amazing.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Forever in love with the fact that she did this role :dramaqueen: I wish it were a whole series instead of a one shot

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I said it once and I'll say it again. Yoon in her thirties is THAT woman for me. Ugh, the maturity & confidence.
I was non-regular SNSD fan, but obviously knew the memebers. And for some reason I couldn't really understand Yoona's popularity. Wait...wrong - I could understand why she was popular among Koreans (obviously!!!), but while always very pretty, she just never cought my eye.

But now...NOW!???

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Yoongphrodite :love:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Claasic

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
17 Feb 2023, 08:00
I said it once and I'll say it again. Yoon in her thirties is THAT woman for me. Ugh, the maturity & confidence.
I was non-regular SNSD fan, but obviously knew the memebers. And for some reason I couldn't really understand Yoona's popularity. Wait...wrong - I could understand why she was popular among Koreans (obviously!!!), but while always very pretty, she just never cought my eye.

But now...NOW!???
Anon, honestly same. I love her personality too. It's like the perfect middle ground between the rest of the chaotic dance line and the more reserved vocal line.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

T. is currently serving live vocals at Mik Festival in Paris

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

So this is the newest nose then? It's odd, because it's got that bump in it now that european noses often have, but that's typically considered a flaw, so why would you pay for it?
-a much older pic for ref

banon
Reactions:

Post by banon »

when she was younger near or even predebut - her side profile - her nose tip actually tipped forward and upward with a more convex bridge.

then near 2017 or when she was in USA it tipped down with a more concave bridge
now she seems to have tipped it back up though not quite able to fix the bridge completely

Very early - near debut picture links:

http://images6.fanpop.com/image/photos/ ... 45-288.jpg

banon
Reactions:

Post by banon »

ANOTHER PIC

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/00/6d/3b/006d ... ration.jpg

all of them have had their nose tips sharpened over the years. they weren't allowed to grow into their looks

i liked sunny's and taeyeon's original noses.