Korean Entertainment Wave

Reactions:

Re: Korean Entertainment Wave

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
24 Nov 2022, 19:14
Guest wrote:
11 Jan 2022, 01:11
Are there any actresses with the same SYJ vibes acting and looks wise? I can watch anything that woman does even het boring romcoms, she's just that great and so pretty.
[spoiler]

Actress Choo Jahyun. She’s married and has a child but her husband cheated on her twice. IMO she married him because he is Chinese and she was famous there. She did many Chinese films, dramas. From 2017 she started being regular in k dramas. She did many sapphic roles like Green mothers club (where her chemistry with the lead actress is undeniably strong. They even admitted in the interview that in the drama they were like lovers. Other actresses also agreed. The drama has an open ending.), little woman ( where again her chemistry with the lead actress is very strong, women centric drama. Their Singapore date, her gaze, her taking care of the lead actress, dinner date, both risking their life to safe each other, that drama had it all). She’s 43 years old. I hope she will do more roles like this. And I think she’s better than SYJ since SYJ never got to do roles like this other than her last drama but it had too many man in that. That aside you can keep your eyes on this fine lady called Choo Ja Hyun. [/spoiler]
Drama images are in the spoiler
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]
DA
I just had to unspoiler this because I love a good gay panic gif :heart:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
26 Nov 2022, 11:56
Guest wrote:
24 Nov 2022, 19:14
Guest wrote:
11 Jan 2022, 01:11
Are there any actresses with the same SYJ vibes acting and looks wise? I can watch anything that woman does even het boring romcoms, she's just that great and so pretty.
[spoiler]

Actress Choo Jahyun. She’s married and has a child but her husband cheated on her twice. IMO she married him because he is Chinese and she was famous there. She did many Chinese films, dramas. From 2017 she started being regular in k dramas. She did many sapphic roles like Green mothers club (where her chemistry with the lead actress is undeniably strong. They even admitted in the interview that in the drama they were like lovers. Other actresses also agreed. The drama has an open ending.), little woman ( where again her chemistry with the lead actress is very strong, women centric drama. Their Singapore date, her gaze, her taking care of the lead actress, dinner date, both risking their life to safe each other, that drama had it all). She’s 43 years old. I hope she will do more roles like this. And I think she’s better than SYJ since SYJ never got to do roles like this other than her last drama but it had too many man in that. That aside you can keep your eyes on this fine lady called Choo Ja Hyun. [/spoiler]
Drama images are in the spoiler
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]
DA
I just had to unspoiler this because I love a good gay panic gif :heart:
Damn :wub: why ami I getting this feelings?!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

^ I only watched one ep of that show couple weeks ago (can't seem to find the mood to contine, but I will eventually...), but that scene made me gasp. It was soooooo obvious to me what it is. I'm glad you guys confirmed I can watch this show without any fear. Small victories. Planning to to binge watch it during xmas.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

What do you think about Lee Joo-young ? :hmmm:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
28 Nov 2022, 23:28
Pings like crazy. Has posted about lesbian movies and shows before. Has been in LGB-themed dramas, shorts, and movies. Someone on lchat mentioned that she traveled throughout Europe with another actress a couple years back, she has been mentioned before here as well (forgot her name, but I am sure someone else could enlighten us). Obviously, besides this, there isn't any real evidence. She's been acting for a little while but it's only recently that she's getting more popular within and outside of Korea. She was on Young actors' retreat recently, a variety show that focused on a bunch of actors hanging out together, so that might be worth checking out if you want to get a grip on what she might be like.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
29 Nov 2022, 01:29
Guest wrote:
Pings like crazy. Has posted about lesbian movies and shows before. Has been in LGB-themed dramas, shorts, and movies. Someone on lchat mentioned that she traveled throughout Europe with another actress a couple years back, she has been mentioned before here as well (forgot her name, but I am sure someone else could enlighten us). Obviously, besides this, there isn't any real evidence. She's been acting for a little while but it's only recently that she's getting more popular within and outside of Korea. She was on Young actors' retreat recently, a variety show that focused on a bunch of actors hanging out together, so that might be worth checking out if you want to get a grip on what she might be like.
I just went to the old forum and saw that someone said this about her in 2018
[spoiler]I followed her on instagram since a long long time ago, before her big debut on popular dramas, and on that time she posted a video of a small movie she was in in which she was kissing a girl. After she became popular I checked her insta history and she had deleted it. I always felt she was gay, she even had pics with this chick and they seemed very very close and she deleted those as well.[/spoiler]

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

They did good.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
29 Nov 2022, 01:50
Guest wrote:
29 Nov 2022, 01:29
Guest wrote:
I just went to the old forum and saw that someone said this about her in 2018
[spoiler]I followed her on instagram since a long long time ago, before her big debut on popular dramas, and on that time she posted a video of a small movie she was in in which she was kissing a girl. After she became popular I checked her insta history and she had deleted it. I always felt she was gay, she even had pics with this chick and they seemed very very close and she deleted those as well.[/spoiler]
The clip mentioned was probably from a short movie she was in. An Algorithm is what it's called. Should be able to find that online. The actress she traveled with was in that short too, only she had a minor role from what I remember.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
29 Nov 2022, 10:16
They did good.

YES THEY DID :queen: :queen: SNSD, KARA, EXID...all I need now is BEG and Wonder Girls comebacks and I'll be satisfied.

Saw this tweet and I teared up. Love that they're paying her tribute, but it's so heartbreaking she's not here for this. I can only imagine what it feels like for her members.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

:lol:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
04 Dec 2022, 20:00
:lol:

What show is this? I forgot how brutally funny Gyuri is :lol: I guess I need to go watch the shows they're on during this promotion.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

she is having a moment for sure :lol:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

sa /^ the way the are all losing it at the cute silliness of those ending fairies :rofl:

Jkkkt
Reactions:

Post by Jkkkt »

SunnyGAY wrote:
23 Nov 2022, 02:56
Guest wrote:
01 Nov 2022, 08:56
Guest wrote:
13 Sep 2022, 23:31
Guest wrote:
13 Sep 2022, 20:18
Guest wrote:
13 Sep 2022, 14:04

Honestly RIP to Nana's cheekbones/jaw. :-/ Almost didn't recognize her in the thumbnail.

Speaking of Nana, remember back when Sunny basically outed her on that show? But because of the way Korea approaches gay shit, so long as someone makes a joke or changes the subject or completely ignores it, it's not taken seriously? :nails:
what did she say that outed her? it wasnt on purpose was it
I can't find a vid of the episode seems to have been nuked but:
Nana: I'm so tired these days because of my husband.

Sunny: What?

Lee Guk-yoo: When did you suddenly get a husband?

Nana: I can't sleep *laughs*

Guk-yoo/Sunny laugh: What are you saying right now?

Nana: My entire body feels heavy

Sunny: That was shocking. She'll thank her girlfriend...I said she will thank her girlfriend.

*Guk-yoo changes subject*
It was weird. That show was weird, that whole time period was weird. :lol: I know the other k-ent thread just went through a "Sunny straight" phase when everyone was talking about SNSD but quite a bit about her was floating around on the k-side in those days and earlier. On that show she and Nana both talked about exes and called them boyfriends, but who knows the truth when it comes to shows. In the next breath Sunny would talk about how she was celibate and never going to marry. ~6 months later was the Chorong radio show call. After that and her show got canceled she turtled up quite a bit and went full loner. Before this all gets too long I'll just say that I feel very very confident the girl is bi at least, if not a lesbian. But lots of people disagree so...believe it or not :lol:
I just came across the video anon above mentioned about Nana and Sunny. Just putting it here for anyone interested.

I'm gonna keep saying it! #SunnyGay
This is huge! Wouldnt have suspected nana. Also goes to show too how they have to act atraight and pretend theyre into guys on shows.

Always suspected sunny bc she was suuuuper touchy with the snsd girls like she couldnt keep her hands off them

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Jkkkt wrote:
07 Dec 2022, 05:54
SunnyGAY wrote:
23 Nov 2022, 02:56
Guest wrote:
01 Nov 2022, 08:56
Guest wrote:
13 Sep 2022, 23:31
Guest wrote:
13 Sep 2022, 20:18

what did she say that outed her? it wasnt on purpose was it
I can't find a vid of the episode seems to have been nuked but:
Nana: I'm so tired these days because of my husband.

Sunny: What?

Lee Guk-yoo: When did you suddenly get a husband?

Nana: I can't sleep *laughs*

Guk-yoo/Sunny laugh: What are you saying right now?

Nana: My entire body feels heavy

Sunny: That was shocking. She'll thank her girlfriend...I said she will thank her girlfriend.

*Guk-yoo changes subject*
It was weird. That show was weird, that whole time period was weird. :lol: I know the other k-ent thread just went through a "Sunny straight" phase when everyone was talking about SNSD but quite a bit about her was floating around on the k-side in those days and earlier. On that show she and Nana both talked about exes and called them boyfriends, but who knows the truth when it comes to shows. In the next breath Sunny would talk about how she was celibate and never going to marry. ~6 months later was the Chorong radio show call. After that and her show got canceled she turtled up quite a bit and went full loner. Before this all gets too long I'll just say that I feel very very confident the girl is bi at least, if not a lesbian. But lots of people disagree so...believe it or not :lol:
I just came across the video anon above mentioned about Nana and Sunny. Just putting it here for anyone interested.

I'm gonna keep saying it! #SunnyGay
This is huge! Wouldnt have suspected nana. Also goes to show too how they have to act atraight and pretend theyre into guys on shows.

Always suspected sunny bc she was suuuuper touchy with the snsd girls like she couldnt keep her hands off them
What really reinforces this for me is that abrupt and obvious as hell subject change. Reminds me of watching movies with my parents as a kid and if a sex scene came on I would start loudly playing with our dog and be like "HAHA EVERYBODY LOOK AT *DOG* ISN'T *DOG* SO FUNNY HAHA" as a distraction :lol:

Sunny started getting more reserved over time (and has gotten very private) but during The Boys era apparently she was quite open and "rebellious" and according to k-sones there were a lot of rumors and stories and proof leaked out (about her and women) but I haven't ever seen any details about any of it, so who knows. But even so, when she's in DGAF mode, like during the Chorong era, she really DGAF. I also wonder if she and Miryo ever hooked up, but I've never seen anything about that, either.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Right covering so awkwardly and abruptly up makes it even more sus! Just wish there was a day they ciuld all proudly just show off their girls' and fangirl about girls on shows instead of having to pretend to be straight yuck

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

:wub:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

2nd gen gg comebacks have been so satisfying to watch this year and prove how much hold those idols still have over general public.

both Kara and SNSD cb were different, but both successful in their own rights. Awesome.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 Dec 2022, 08:26
[spoiler][/spoiler]
boa unnie one chance just once chance please. please perform at another pride event. :pray:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

:yawn:
Guest wrote:
18 Dec 2022, 08:37
2nd gen gg comebacks have been so satisfying to watch this year and prove how much hold those idols still have over general public.

both Kara and SNSD cb were different, but both successful in their own rights. Awesome.
SNSD had no problem going back to their individual careers after their comeback promos ended. Some of them obviously more successful but they all have their own thing whether it's acting or music or variety shows. I wish I could see the Kara members use this momentum from the group comeback to sustain individual careers. It's not that easy for older idols if they're not strong enough to have a solo music career. They either have to go into acting or do variety.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 Dec 2022, 17:33
:yawn:
Guest wrote:
18 Dec 2022, 08:37

SNSD had no problem going back to their individual careers after their comeback promos ended. Some of them obviously more successful but they all have their own thing whether it's acting or music or variety shows. I wish I could see the Kara members use this momentum from the group comeback to sustain individual careers. It's not that easy for older idols if they're not strong enough to have a solo music career. They either have to go into acting or do variety.
SA I have no idea how that emoji got in that shouldn't be there.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Any ajhummas come back?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

reporting for duty! :lol:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I'm back.
While we were away, Boa unnie was very buys not beating the allegations during her time in GOT. :lol:

anythig else happened?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Nope never beating them! :rofl: I just posted this in the other thread but it makes me giggle (except for the weight talk)

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

This is funny but what's the Taeyeon/Wendy exes thing all about? Is there some info I'm missing or was the OP just being silly with it?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

..".and Hyoyeon" :lol:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I want Nara to go back to doing GLs again. I just rewatched Fantasy of the Girls and aughhh.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

These two are shamless during this promo tour. DAMN!!
The way Hyo has wrapped Boa around her finger.
Honestly, did not expect this, coz they were never close, but GOT clearly changed that lol.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I fucking love Hyoyeon. She's the straight bff (that you don't fall in love with) that flirts with you shamelessly for fun :rofl:
Someone needed a massage...

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I'm reading this thread and other kpop threads...and I'm sensing some jumping boas here o lchat.

Reveal yourself!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

has anyone seen the new Lee Bo Young show? I know she is not gay, but from what I've seen the series is targeting more women-friendly rethoric, which is always welcomed.

It would be in line with project she has been chosing the last couple of years (Mother, Mine and now Agency)

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 Feb 2023, 08:16
has anyone seen the new Lee Bo Young show? I know she is not gay, but from what I've seen the series is targeting more women-friendly rethoric, which is always welcomed.

It would be in line with project she has been chosing the last couple of years (Mother, Mine and now Agency)
Cool I love it when older women make shows for us

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
08 Feb 2023, 10:41
I'm reading this thread and other kpop threads...and I'm sensing some jumping boas here o lchat.

Reveal yourself!
Yess loving the discourse on her haha another Jumping BoA here. Thanks to ppl posting these clips...I've been actively avoiding GtB stuff cos all I saw was ridic hate blaming her for everything that went wrong with the cb.

Anyway, happy that she's finally getting her 20th anni concert but I hate how SM announced it only 1 month before. If they had released it a couple weeks earlier I might have been able to attend :bigcry:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 Feb 2023, 16:05
Guest wrote:
08 Feb 2023, 10:41

Reveal yourself!
Yess loving the discourse on her haha another Jumping BoA here. Thanks to ppl posting these clips...I've been actively avoiding GtB stuff cos all I saw was ridic hate blaming her for everything that went wrong with the cb.

Anyway, happy that she's finally getting her 20th anni concert but I hate how SM announced it only 1 month before. If they had released it a couple weeks earlier I might have been able to attend :bigcry:
haha, I knew it :lol: oh yeah, i didn't even bothered with that hate train on twitter, completely childish/trollish and ridiculous. The current delightful SM collapse is just a confrimation that the hate was mispalced, tho I doubt those idotic teen stans can understand that.

I'm sooo buying that online ticked for her show tho, might be her last for SM. :mask:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 Feb 2023, 08:16

I've been so attracted to her ever since I first saw her in mother :'( Dream woman. Thanks for recommending Agency, will check it out!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
06 Feb 2023, 11:35
This is funny but what's the Taeyeon/Wendy exes thing all about? Is there some info I'm missing or was the OP just being silly with it?
When she was much younger it seemed like Wendy had a crush on TY, and then more recently they were giving each other looks on Wendy's radio show.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

all this talk (in other threads) about drama at SM Ent. made me wonder, do any of you know anything about their legendary songrwirter/producer Kenzie?

The lady is kinda attractive, what's her story?

:shifty:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 Feb 2023, 17:41
all this talk (in other threads) about drama at SM Ent. made me wonder, do any of you know anything about their legendary songrwirter/producer Kenzie?

Unnie...Her jawline and neck are *chef's kiss*
But she's married last time I checked <_<

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 Feb 2023, 05:50
Guest wrote:
12 Feb 2023, 17:41

Unnie...Her jawline and neck are *chef's kiss*
But she's married last time I checked <_<
Shame.
She is a very fine woman.
oh well 008

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

long time no see

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

ladies, it's time for us to shine, because we are getting a show with our faves legends. all straight, sure, but whatever! Our age range so I'll take it :lol:
"Wandering Dance Singers" is happening!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

:'(

Their story had a beatiful last chapter with Rollin success.

Brave Girls announce disbandment, to release “Goodbye” as final song

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
16 Feb 2023, 07:10

Why disband though? Weren't they finally doing good with their rolling song?? What happened?!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
17 Feb 2023, 16:14
Guest wrote:
16 Feb 2023, 07:10

Why disband though? Weren't they finally doing good with their rolling song?? What happened?!
not a lot of details, just that their contract ended. They were really sweet tho. Rollin forever remain classic.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
16 Feb 2023, 06:58
ladies, it's time for us to shine, because we are getting a show with our faves legends. all straight, sure, but whatever! Our age range so I'll take it :lol:
Oh yay! I remember them talking about it last year on their show. I'm glad it's come to fruition. I love hearing BoA call others unnie because I'm so used to her being unnie to her SM hoobaes.
But BoA? Straight? When that video of her thirsting over Seulgi exists? I'm a bi BoA truther!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 Feb 2023, 05:48
Guest wrote:
Oh yay! I remember them talking about it last year on their show. I'm glad it's come to fruition. I love hearing BoA call others unnie because I'm so used to her being unnie to her SM hoobaes.
But BoA? Straight? When that video of her thirsting over Seulgi exists? I'm a bi BoA truther!
Yesss BoA is such a baby with this group. More BoA x Hyori interaction is always great. Iirc in the last meet up they mentioned going out together in the past and BoA sleeping over in Hyori's house and I was surprised they used to be that close.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 Feb 2023, 06:24
Guest wrote:
18 Feb 2023, 05:48
Guest wrote:
Yesss BoA is such a baby with this group. More BoA x Hyori interaction is always great. Iirc in the last meet up they mentioned going out together in the past and BoA sleeping over in Hyori's house and I was surprised they used to be that close.
OP/I heard they were haning out a lot back in the days (it seems they stopped when Hyori got married, bc I think in that first ep Hyori admit she hasn't seen BoA since she met her husband or sth like that - ugh, men...they really ruin everything, lol), also, there was some actress in their litte "gang", but can't remember her name. She was also part of the sleepover crew.

also, to other anon, yes, my bad, I'll admit that boa seems like a little bi courius individual.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I mean, look, no matter her very painfuly straight-woman choices, I would love to party with Hyori 008
I still consider her one of the sexiest female kpop idols ever.