Korean Dramas

Reactions:

Re: Korean Dramas

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
02 Dec 2022, 13:06
Finally watching Glitch and omg...it's gayer than I expected. All the guys are portrayed as utterly useless while Bora is so freaking fearless and cool and will do anything to save her Hongji.
x2

I really loved it. The show was so fun and smart, and it was shot really well too.

I don't understand why it wasn't more popular. Such a shame.

I would recommend it to anyone here looking for a new show to watch if they haven't seen it yet.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
02 Dec 2022, 23:28
Somebody was good:

1. Canon wlw couple
2. Great kissing scene
3. The couple survived
4. The chemistry

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
26 Nov 2022, 19:02
Guest wrote:
22 Nov 2022, 12:44
1st K Drama to win an Emmy!

:queen: :wub:
Correction: it’s the first K Drama to win at International Emmy’s.

The first K Drama to win an Emmy is Squid Game.
Two different awards, two different eligibility requirements.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
02 Dec 2022, 23:34
Guest wrote:
02 Dec 2022, 23:28
Somebody was good:

1. Canon wlw couple
2. Great kissing scene
3. The couple survived
4. The chemistry
thank you for saying they survive because i was so sure they gonna die and i was ready to rage again after they kill the cat

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Somebody Ep 6

[spoiler]

This cop lady is so annoyingly stupid that I really don’t care if she die. What was her thought process? She found him and pretend to be that kid over the app and then just straight out admit it’s her. Then went to meet him alone. I don’t get her at all. Now I’m seeing her crawling on the ground with the psycho in front of her

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Somebody

[spoiler]
Straight women are pathetic. Dickmatized and putting their lives on danger

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

The wheelchair woman is the weakest link her storyline was also boring and useless. Mok kwon, sum and the CEO lady>>>>>>>>>>

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
03 Dec 2022, 06:14
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

[spoiler]

:queen: :wub:[/spoiler]

jesus h. christ on a raft! do you really need to wear the "get it exactly right" crown?
the op made it clear that it was a different emmy category.
whichever way you look at it, it's a prestigious tv industry award.
(and the series beat spain, brazil and asshole communist china.)

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
03 Dec 2022, 08:00
Somebody Ep 6

[spoiler]

This cop lady is so annoyingly stupid that I really don’t care if she die. What was her thought process? She found him and pretend to be that kid over the app and then just straight out admit it’s her. Then went to meet him alone. I don’t get her at all. Now I’m seeing her crawling on the ground with the psycho in front of her
[spoiler]She is... I think the way her character was written was extremely poorly done. Her actions and reasonings just didn't make any sense, she was in a wheelchair ffs!

I wish they did more with the boss lady that basically scouted Kim Sum. Her character seemed really interesting, especially her selling data on the side and her connection to the hacker. She also seemed very protective in a possessive way when it came to the lead but they never developed that story beyond her threatening the killer and trying to protect the company.

The worst scene for me in the series was when the dude was on top of that girl in the bath while she was drowning. Just thinking about it makes my blood run cold. [/spoiler]

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
04 Dec 2022, 03:26
Guest wrote:
03 Dec 2022, 08:00
Somebody Ep 6

[spoiler]

[spoiler]She is... I think the way her character was written was extremely poorly done. Her actions and reasonings just didn't make any sense, she was in a wheelchair ffs!

I wish they did more with the boss lady that basically scouted Kim Sum. Her character seemed really interesting, especially her selling data on the side and her connection to the hacker. She also seemed very protective in a possessive way when it came to the lead but they never developed that story beyond her threatening the killer and trying to protect the company.

The worst scene for me in the series was when the dude was on top of that girl in the bath while she was drowning. Just thinking about it makes my blood run cold. [/spoiler]
[spoiler]
Op here. Just finished the series. It’s the most unsatisfying series I’ve ever watched. You can sense they just rushed through the last episode. They just want to wrap the whole thing done. The writing was so bad halfway through the series. Which is disappointing because it has a nice cinematography.

It might work better as an an indie/arthouse film where everything is up to personal and/or artistic interpretation but as a series it failed. Reminded me of Burning. But this series is just bad writing. It has potential but clearly the writer doesn’t know how to follow it through

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
03 Dec 2022, 21:46
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

[spoiler]

jesus h. christ on a raft! do you really need to wear the "get it exactly right" crown?
OP: “1st K Drama to win an Emmy!”

They didn’t “make it clear” because 1. it’s not the first ever kdrama to win an Emmy and 2. when people see just Emmy, they automatically assume it’s the Primetime Emmys, so there’s nothing wrong with correcting it and saying that it’s the first to win at International Emmys.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
30 Nov 2022, 00:24
I’m watching Somebody

[spoiler]

How do straight women going for tinder dates without a care in the world?? And there was a woman in a wheelchair too. Straight women really be risking it all for men they don’t even know and getting killed for a dumb D.
[spoiler]when the creepy guy revealed that he lied about being on a wheelchair and the woman still hooked up with him 🤦🏻‍♀️[/spoiler]

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
02 Dec 2022, 23:33
Guest wrote:
Finally watching Glitch and omg...it's gayer than I expected. All the guys are portrayed as utterly useless while Bora is so freaking fearless and cool and will do anything to save her Hongji.
x2

I really loved it. The show was so fun and smart, and it was shot really well too.

I would recommend it to anyone here looking for a new show to watch if they haven't seen it yet.
DA the alien that they showed in the trailer is the reason why I’m kinda hesitant to watch it

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
04 Dec 2022, 06:01
Guest wrote:
30 Nov 2022, 00:24
I’m watching Somebody

[spoiler]

How do straight women going for tinder dates without a care in the world?? And there was a woman in a wheelchair too. Straight women really be risking it all for men they don’t even know and getting killed for a dumb D.
[spoiler]when the creepy guy revealed that he lied about being on a wheelchair and the woman still hooked up with him 🤦🏻‍♀️[/spoiler]
[spoiler]
Omg that! I was so confused! I thought I was just being a lesbian lmao. Because that right there is the biggest red flag of all. She’s in the middle of nowhere and this guy straight up lie about his disability but instead of running or calling her phone for help she fuck the guy.

I low key was hoping the guy would drop her onto the waterless pool when they were “dancing” because I cannot believe how dumb she is. Pls, how is she a cop?? Or is she that horny?

Also I know he’s objectively gd looking but he gave creep/sexual offender vibes without even talking. What is wrong with these breeders??
Straight women confuse the shit outta me.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
04 Dec 2022, 05:54
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

[spoiler]

They didn’t “make it clear” because 1. it’s not the first ever kdrama to win an Emmy and 2. when people see just Emmy, they automatically assume it’s the Primetime Emmys, so there’s nothing wrong with correcting it and saying that it’s the first to win at International Emmys.
are you having a slow day?

(a) the first time it was posted it stated: "1st K Drama to win an Emmy!"

(b) then the op reposted and corrected the first statement: "Correction: it’s the first K Drama to win at International Emmy’s."

you've got a serious reading comprehension problem.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

There’s no sapphic element but Reborn Rich is highly recommended. It’s halfway through but the episode keeps getting better. Kinda makjang but still good I feel

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
04 Dec 2022, 07:24
Guest wrote:
02 Dec 2022, 23:33
Guest wrote:
x2

DA the alien that they showed in the trailer is the reason why I’m kinda hesitant to watch it
The CGI alien appears in a few scenes but it isn't what you at first assume it is, and it's ultimately a small (at least on its surface level) part of the narrative.

I don't want to spoil the series for you but if you're worried this is some low quality sci-fi that relies on poorly executed special effects, it isn't.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
04 Dec 2022, 12:15
Guest wrote:
04 Dec 2022, 05:54
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

are you having a slow day?

(a) the first time it was posted it stated: "1st K Drama to win an Emmy!"

(b) then the op reposted and corrected the first statement: "Correction: it’s the first K Drama to win at International Emmy’s."

you've got a serious reading comprehension problem.
I’m the one who quoted the op with the correction that it’s the first to win at International Emmy’s.

I thought you had a problem with me correcting the op that’s why I responded with that

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Should I watch Painter of the wind?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
05 Dec 2022, 07:01
There’s no sapphic element but Reborn Rich is highly recommended. It’s halfway through but the episode keeps getting better. Kinda makjang but still good I feel
Nah, super boring.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
05 Dec 2022, 09:31
Guest wrote:
05 Dec 2022, 07:01
Nah, super boring.
Did you watch the whole 8 episodes? Because to me only the first episode was boring

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Can someone tell me why I should watch Glitch? Do I have to watch until halfway through the series for it to make sense? Because I saw the first episode and had to force myself to not bail out before it ended.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
06 Dec 2022, 19:31
Can someone tell me why I should watch Glitch? Do I have to watch until halfway through the series for it to make sense? Because I saw the first episode and had to force myself to not bail out before it ended.
Don't waste your life on things you don't enjoy, especially if they are dime a dozen, like a Netflix series.

I loved the show but I don't see any point in trying to sell it to you. For me it was an immediate and intense spark of interest which continued throughout the series.

I enjoyed all the things that were left unsaid, I enjoyed the mystery. The nature of the relationship between the lead characters was a bonus, though it has also turned out to be an integral part of the overarching narrative.

If the story doesn't appeal to you the remaining episodes aren't worth it.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Have anyone seen Shades of the Heart (2021)? I wonder whether it's good or not, but anything with IU must be worth it. :lol:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
05 Dec 2022, 09:05
Yep skip the het parts tho.

iamuami
Reactions: 9

Post by iamuami »

Guest wrote:
10 Dec 2022, 23:29
Guest wrote:
05 Dec 2022, 09:05
Yep skip the het parts tho.
Speaking of POTW, is it just me being delusional or does Moon Chae Won have so much more chemistry with Moon Geun Young than she did with that very ugly fellow in The Flower of Evil? Her interactions with the latter doesn't feel very authentic.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Just started watching the first episode Glitch. Is it supposed to be confusing or am I just dumb? :nervous:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reborn Rich
Park Jihyun is so hot as morally dubious character. Her smirks is so attractive! :nervous:

And of course, just like my fave kpop girl being shipped with ugly twinks bg by SEA shippers, PJH too is being shipped with a guy by SEA shippers. I'm SEA myself, they're such a menace. :argh:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Just finished

Nam Ji-hyun is lovely. My eyes could not get enough of her. :ninja:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
11 Dec 2022, 15:42
Just started watching the first episode Glitch. Is it supposed to be confusing or am I just dumb? :nervous:
DA i have the same opinion. Maybe its me but i expected more from the makers of extracurricular activities (I loved that series) So I just didn't started to watch it for the leads. But after watching 6 eps which I kept convincing myself to watch I couldn't anymore? Idk even their chemistry couldn't keep me!! And its basically two friends looking for mr.kim's daughter and honji's bf thats how their journey continues. I'd rather watch painter of the winds to see MCW and MGY chemistry (which is better than this imo). But many of the anons liked it so I guess i had high expectations :bigcry:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 Dec 2022, 11:31
Guest wrote:
DA i have the same opinion. Maybe its me but i expected more from the makers of extracurricular activities (I loved that series) So I just didn't started to watch it for the leads. But after watching 6 eps which I kept convincing myself to watch I couldn't anymore? Idk even their chemistry couldn't keep me!! And its basically two friends looking for mr.kim's daughter and honji's bf thats how their journey continues. I'd rather watch painter of the winds to see MCW and MGY chemistry (which is better than this imo). But many of the anons liked it so I guess i had high expectations :bigcry:
Op here. I'm on the third episode now. One of the reasons why I think this drama didn't become more popular is because the way they presented the whole alien/ufo mystery is so bland and uninteresting.. most casual viewers probably don't care if the aliens in the show are real or just in her mind.. and I bet they don't care either if the missing person with no personality is never found again. They should've at least made that character likeable so that the audience would want to know what really happened to him in the next episodes.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 Dec 2022, 12:06
Guest wrote:
12 Dec 2022, 11:31
Guest wrote:
Op here. I'm on the third episode now. One of the reasons why I think this drama didn't become more popular is because the way they presented the whole alien/ufo mystery is so bland and uninteresting.. most casual viewers probably don't care if the aliens in the show are real or just in her mind.. and I bet they don't care either if the missing person with no personality is never found again. They should've at least made that character likeable so that the audience would want to know what really happened to him in the next episodes.
I agree with you. They could have made the alien thing more interesting and other than the main two characters and the police officer and honhji's office friend rest of them are bland. At this rate if the police officer was the missing person i would be more interested to finish that drama. But it's a no from me since i'm not continuing it from the 6th ep.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

"Netflix announced the show along with figures revealing that more than 60% of global Netflix subscribers have watched K-Content in 2022. In addition, Korean content made it into the Weekly Top 10 chart in more than 90 countries over the past year.

Extraordinary Attorney Woo spent 20 weeks on the Global Top 10 Non-English TV list this year, which gives it a tie with Squid Game’s previous performance in the list. Korea also accounts for three of Netflix’s ‘Top 10 Most Popular Non-English shows ever’, with Squid Game, Extraordinary Attorney Woo and All Of Us Are Dead, while Squid Game continues to be number one across all shows (including English and Non-English)."

Netflix Orders ‘Doona!’, From ‘Crash Landing On You’ Director Lee Jung-hyo; Reveals 60% Of Global Members Watched K-Content In 2022
December 11, 2022
https://deadline.com/2022/12/netflix-do ... 235196238/

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Media literacy and understanding social commentary doesn't seem to come naturally to everyone I see. The whole premise of the show is basically the lead coming to terms with being gay. She's been rejecting it because of societal expectations and the need to conform, one of the reasons as to why she pushes BoRa away in the past. It has nothing to do with her "sniffing glue".
Even the alien and cult storylines are vessels to convey this message.
Yeah, it's not in your face gay, but it doesn't have to be. Same for everything needing to be spelled out. It ain't wishful thinking that this show is about a lesbian coming to terms with her sexuality and the creators using plot devices to do so. If that ain't for you then so be it, but no need to hate if you don't understand nuance.
Even the writer and director said it's a lesbian story.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 Dec 2022, 04:12
Media literacy and understanding social commentary doesn't seem to come naturally to everyone I see. The whole premise of the show is basically the lead coming to terms with being gay. She's been rejecting it because of societal expectations and the need to conform, one of the reasons as to why she pushes BoRa away in the past. It has nothing to do with her "sniffing glue".
Yeah, it's not in your face gay, but it doesn't have to be. Same for everything needing to be spelled out. It ain't wishful thinking that this show is about a lesbian coming to terms with her sexuality and the creators using plot devices to do so. If that ain't for you then so be it, but no need to hate if you don't understand nuance.
bullshit.
the whole premise of the show is to make the easily deceived believe there's something worth hanging around for if you sit through 10 boring episodes ........ when there's actually no there, there.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

As someone who dislikes 95% of kdramas I liked glitch, and I'm glad for the anons who recommended it. To the anon throwing a tantrum can I suggest not acting like a toddler just because you personally didn't like it.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 Dec 2022, 10:21
Guest wrote:
13 Dec 2022, 04:12
bullshit.
the whole premise of the show is to make the easily deceived believe there's something worth hanging around for if you sit through 10 boring episodes ........ when there's actually no there, there.
Yep, no media literacy whatsoever.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 Dec 2022, 13:31
As someone who dislikes 95% of kdramas I liked glitch, and I'm glad for the anons who recommended it. To the anon throwing a tantrum can I suggest not acting like a toddler just because you personally didn't like it.
Tantrum? Toddler? Are you male? You communicate like one.

Glitch has been talked about here since page 7. At first it was all praise, but since then several persons have had an opposite reaction about it. I assure you that the producers, writers, and director of the series would rather have someone vent in this chat room, than see a published review that shreds the series.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 Dec 2022, 13:31
DA we all have the right to express what we like or not. Since some anon liked the drama and recommended some of us started watching it and some of us didn't like it and we never blamed the anons praising the drama because of course all of us can have different taste. So it's normal to react this way. Just because it has f/f context doesn't we HAVE to like it. Nobody acted like a toddler here we were just sharing that we didn't like it and it was even mentioned maybe it not for us(those who didn't like it). And I'm not judging you for disliking 95% of the kdramas because they are good most of the times but i think that surely screams something about your taste in dramas :angel:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 Dec 2022, 09:54
Reborn Rich
Park Jihyun is so hot as morally dubious character. Her smirks is so attractive! :nervous:

And of course, just like my fave kpop girl being shipped with ugly twinks bg by SEA shippers, PJH too is being shipped with a guy by SEA shippers. I'm SEA myself, they're such a menace. :argh:
I've been saying to myself that Park Jihyun resembles another celebrity, and now I figured it out. It's Kiki Xu :lol: They're so gorgeous!!
btw her RB character is dubious
[spoiler] Image[/spoiler]

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

As someone who loves Park Chan-Wook's works, I can definitely appreciate a good revenge drama. Fortunately for me, a lot of kdramas have revenge as either the main or secondary theme. This one definitely looks interesting and it has Song Hye-Kyo playing the lead. Netflix has been on point with its Korean releases for the last two years.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Dec 2022, 04:55
As someone who loves Park Chan-Wook's works, I can definitely appreciate a good revenge drama. Fortunately for me, a lot of kdramas have revenge as either the main or secondary theme. This one definitely looks interesting and it has Song Hye-Kyo playing the lead. Netflix has been on point with its Korean releases for the last two years.

[spoiler]How did South Korea become infested with so much Christianity -- particularly evangelicalism? As faiths go, it's the most hypocritical, where the "believers" pick and choose what's most convenient for them to follow out of the Old and New Testaments. Every time I see a K movie and series that features congregations, preachers, ministers, priests, nuns, churches, the Bible, and Jesus, I smh.[/spoiler]

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Dec 2022, 08:40
TLC is an English-language board. Please translate.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Dec 2022, 08:32
Guest wrote:
15 Dec 2022, 04:55

[spoiler]How did South Korea become infested with so much Christianity -- particularly evangelicalism? As faiths go, it's the most hypocritical, where the "believers" pick and choose what's most convenient for them to follow out of the Old and New Testaments. Every time I see a K movie and series that features congregations, preachers, ministers, priests, nuns, churches, the Bible, and Jesus, I smh.[/spoiler]
[spoiler] Good question, might be an interesting read to look it up.
In the trailer, it seems they are addressing the hypocrisy of it all. Being forgiven by god is self-appointed forgiveness, it truly means nothing. If you've wronged another person, then they are the only ones who can truly grant that forgiveness. Yet another way to hide behind religion.[/spoiler]

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Dec 2022, 09:11
Guest wrote:
15 Dec 2022, 08:40
TLC is an English-language board. Please translate.
Not the anon who posted above but I just watched the series yesterday and the 2nd episode was about f/f couple. But the reason of their distancing each other seemed lame to me idk about others. It's available on Youtube with eng sub btw. But not all the eps are subbed yet.
[spoiler]I mean if you thought money is needed while dating then why would you start dating her?? the girl didn't even clearly said to her gf if they were dating or not while doing everything a couple would do. At first I thought she was some playgirl. The approach was good but i think they could make it more reasonable.[/spoiler]

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I'm watching Birthcare Centre now and I'm loving it.

It's an all women environment and they have very charming friendships with each other.

I know all of them are heterosexual but it's also quite a bit subversively feminist. 100% recommend

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Dec 2022, 11:47
I'm watching Birthcare Centre now and I'm loving it.

It's an all women environment and they have very charming friendships with each other.

I know all of them are heterosexual but it's also quite a bit subversively feminist. 100% recommend
Waittt is that herr from little women?? That hot villainess?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Did anyone here watch alchemy of soul 2, I havent watch it yet
How was is ? Does feel natural about the actor change ?

sorry the the OG naksu actor it was not her fault,
But im already in love with Jung Somin version and do not want to get into other version of Mudeok/Buyeon/Naksu

Also the producer/crew comment about there will be no Jung Somin apperence at all in S2 feels weird
Did she not get along with the team, is there a bts drama or something
Maybe is just a weird mistranslation, the wording is kinda rough

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
17 Dec 2022, 15:59
Did anyone here watch alchemy of soul 2, I havent watch it yet
How was is ? Does feel natural about the actor change ?

sorry the the OG naksu actor it was not her fault,
But im already in love with Jung Somin version and do not want to get into other version of Mudeok/Buyeon/Naksu

Also the producer/crew comment about there will be no Jung Somin apperence at all in S2 feels weird
Did she not get along with the team, is there a bts drama or something
Maybe is just a weird mistranslation, the wording is kinda rough

AoS 2 premiered on December 10, and is being released as two episodes per week. As of this writing, the fourth ep is on December 18.

So far, part 2 is trying to find its footing. Imo, it's going a little slower than AoS1, but part 2 only has 10 episodes so it better start picking up the pace asap.

It's a little uncanny how Naksu almost looks like Mudeok. They purposefully chose actresses who resembled each other.

As for Jung So-min, I read an interview where she said she has a small guest appearance in part 2. I think it will probably be as a flashback.