Korean Dramas

Reactions:

Re: Korean Dramas

Post by Guest »

My recommended kdramas:

- Mine (women-centric and with an out lesbian character)

- Seonam High School Investigator ( lesbian kiss)

- Replay 1988 (the best out of the Replay series)

- Angry Mom (i thought it was about high school romance but it is so much deeper than that, so underrated)

- Search WWW ( strong female characters, the male love interests are just side characters)

- High Kick 1, 2 and 3 (if you like comedy and 100+ episode dramas, these are for you)

- Prison Playbook (so good and so sad)

- Stairway to Heaven (old school but is recommended if you want a good cry)

- Full House (amazing OST)

- Coffee Prince (funny and one of the OG female cross dressing storyline before it was overused)

- Princess Hours (another drama with great OST)

- The World of 17 (Yuna and Arin ship! The writers confirmed they want them to be a couple but the producer backed out cuz he got scared of the backlash)

- Nevertheless (only because of Soljiwan)

- Dating Agency Cyrano (such good OST and Sooyoung is really good here)

So far those are the ones that I can remember at the top of my head that really made an impact on me.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

new drama for Taeri
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
16 Nov 2022, 06:59
new drama for Taeri
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

The author of this Webtoon said the main character is based on Sook-hee :rofl:
It's a about a poor girl who joins an all-female theater group (if you're familiar with Takarazuka, that's basically the Korean Takarazuka). Looking forward to it, whether Taeri ends up taking it or not.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
16 Nov 2022, 11:44
Guest wrote:
new drama for Taeri
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

It's a about a poor girl who joins an all-female theater group (if you're familiar with Takarazuka, that's basically the Korean Takarazuka). Looking forward to it, whether Taeri ends up taking it or not.
This post is just awesome! I'm looking forward to the show and going to check out the webtoon.

By the way, about Search WWW: I watched episode 3 and there's such a [spoiler]lesbian scene between two of the main actresses! When one of them catches the other as she falls/is bumped by a cyclist? That scene was so lesbian! You can't convince me that wasn't written as a romantic scene[/spoiler] Thanks to everyone that's talked about Search WWW here.
Keen to know what you gals think

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

(added poster to remember Search:WWW by)

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
16 Nov 2022, 12:00
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
new drama for Taeri
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

This post is just awesome! I'm looking forward to the show and going to check out the webtoon.

By the way, about Search WWW: I watched episode 3 and there's such a [spoiler]lesbian scene between two of the main actresses! When one of them catches the other as she falls/is bumped by a cyclist? That scene was so lesbian! You can't convince me that wasn't written as a romantic scene[/spoiler] Thanks to everyone that's talked about Search WWW here.
Keen to know what you gals think
The webtoon Jung Nyeon definitely seems very lesbian
[spoiler]I mean there is an implied kiss between two actresses on stage in the 1st chapter [/spoiler]

Anywhere we can buy the comic in english legally?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Anyone watches Shadow Detective? I am bit confused about the plot

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
new drama for Taeri
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Omg I've seen the Japanese shows.. it's very gay. Taeri make our dreams come true please :rofl:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
17 Nov 2022, 12:17
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
new drama for Taeri
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Omg I've seen the Japanese shows.. it's very gay. Taeri make our dreams come true please :rofl:
Takarazuka is one of the gayest thing that Japan ever made. Way before they came up with J-idols. And to think it all started because the CEO of the JP railway wanted people to have a reason to visit Takarazuka (the city - near Osaka, but very rural compared to it, at the time).

2022 was such a drought for lesbians in kdramas, the last straw was the straightwashing in Behind every Star. But I'm so happy this is getting made! With the Han Soo-hee/Song Hye-kyo's thriller in the works, it looks like 2023 is going to be our year :heart:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I'm reading the comic Jung Nyeon and it is very, very lesbian.

I'm so charmed by it! I wonder how popular it is in Korea and who's mainly reading it?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

For psychothriller fans: Somebody (Netflix)

The drama follows Kim Sum (Kang Hae Lim) who is a developer for social connecting app ‘Somebody.’ Even though she has difficulty communicating with other people, she is friends with Mok Won (Kim Yong Ji) and Gi Eun (Kim Soo Yeon). Her friend Gi Eun works as a detective. A murder takes place and the app ‘Somebody’ is involved in the murder case. Architectural designer Sung Yun Oh (Kim Young Kwang) appears in front of Kim Sum and her friends. Sung Yun Oh is an attractive man, but he seems to be hiding something. Meanwhile, Gi Eun investigates the murder case with help of Mok Won.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
19 Nov 2022, 09:26

The drama follows Kim Sum (Kang Hae Lim) who is a developer for social connecting app ‘Somebody.’ Even though she has difficulty communicating with other people, she is friends with Mok Won (Kim Yong Ji) and Gi Eun (Kim Soo Yeon). Her friend Gi Eun works as a detective. A murder takes place and the app ‘Somebody’ is involved in the murder case. Architectural designer Sung Yun Oh (Kim Young Kwang) appears in front of Kim Sum and her friends. Sung Yun Oh is an attractive man, but he seems to be hiding something. Meanwhile, Gi Eun investigates the murder case with help of Mok Won.

One review said the character has Asperger's syndrome. Seems like the trend in Kdrama is showcasing Asperger/autistic protagonist. I hope they don't butcher this one up.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Urgh. Somebody has art house vibes but the characterisation of an autistic person is so cliché. [spoiler] she killed a dying cat instead of sending to a hospital that’s 24 hrs and near her. 🙄

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
16 Nov 2022, 20:36
(added poster to remember Search:WWW by)

I love this drama so much. It was all sorts of gay, but also not really gay :lol:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

12 Best Lesbian Korean Dramas And Movies Showing Different Shades Of Love
December 25, 2021
https://otakukart.com/12-best-lesbian-k ... s-of-love/

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
19 Nov 2022, 14:29
December 25, 2021
Thank you anon for this article! I saw Family plan last year, but didn't remember the drama title. The search is over now thanks to you. :hug: :heart:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
19 Nov 2022, 17:39
Guest wrote:
19 Nov 2022, 14:29
December 25, 2021
Thank you anon for this article! I saw Family plan last year, but didn't remember the drama title. The search is over now thanks to you. :hug: :heart:
:hug: Back atcha!

(op)

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

That eyeglasses kissing scene from Business Proposal was really hot

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

sorry for the image dump but I just can't get this woman out of my mind. I know she is married to a man and has a kid but you cannot ignore her chemistry with female leads. You cannot help but to ship them and think there's something more. Specially her gaze kills me :rageblush:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I'm actually really enjoying Reborn Rich

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Nov 2022, 02:54
Oh I just started few mins of it lol. Wanted to watch it but got sleepy. So it’s good?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

[spoiler]
Guest wrote:
20 Nov 2022, 18:41

[/spoiler]
sorry for the image dump but I just can't get this woman out of my mind. I know she is married to a man and has a kid but you cannot ignore her chemistry with female leads. You cannot help but to ship them and think there's something more. Specially her gaze kills me :rageblush:
Maybe she just married for appearance sake and that’s why she is still with him after he cheated. She plays sapphic too sapphic lol

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Nov 2022, 03:00
Guest wrote:
Oh I just started few mins of it lol. Wanted to watch it but got sleepy. So it’s good?
Yeah - no wlw so I thought I'd drop it like a hot potato but it's really good. I think only My Mister has held my attention as good as this.

Also, side note, apparently Somebody has a sapphic couple that this person claims is on Soljiwan's level:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Nov 2022, 04:30
Guest wrote:
21 Nov 2022, 03:00
Guest wrote:
Yeah - no wlw so I thought I'd drop it like a hot potato but it's really good. I think only My Mister has held my attention as good as this.

Also, side note, apparently Somebody has a sapphic couple that this person claims is on Soljiwan's level:
I watched the first episode but the cat murder turned me off. I’m sick of shows always showing cat abuse.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

just finished episode 2 of Reborn rich and I'm hooked. I was watching Curtain call before that, but just dropped that one lol
I haven't followed them in awhile, but what do you think? Is the grim reaper prosecutor actress SHB dating HJY?

Their eyes look so scheming, but I'm enjoying these women characters. :lol:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Nov 2022, 03:04
[spoiler]
Guest wrote:

[/spoiler]
Maybe she just married for appearance sake and that’s why she is still with him after he cheated. She plays sapphic too sapphic lol
It could be that since she’s the goddess of china and her husband is from there she cannot divorce him or else she will lose her popularity in china. But I hope rather than doing those she should work kore on k dramas and get rid of that cheating shithead.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Nov 2022, 20:24
just finished episode 2 of Reborn rich and I'm hooked. I was watching Curtain call before that, but just dropped that one lol
I haven't followed them in awhile, but what do you think? Is the grim reaper prosecutor actress SHB dating HJY?

Their eyes look so scheming, but I'm enjoying these women characters. :lol:
I need to watch this!!! Damn these woman are 🔥🔥

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Nov 2022, 20:36
Guest wrote:
[spoiler]
Guest wrote:

[/spoiler]
It could be that since she’s the goddess of china and her husband is from there she cannot divorce him or else she will lose her popularity in china. But I hope rather than doing those she should work kore on k dramas and get rid of that cheating shithead.

Does she still work there tho? I don't know how good Chinese money is, but the Korean industry is getting so much attention around the world. She should stick to the Korean projects if they give her enough money for living and of course saving.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Nov 2022, 21:50
Guest wrote:
21 Nov 2022, 20:36
Guest wrote:
[spoiler]
Guest wrote:

[/spoiler]

Does she still work there tho? I don't know how good Chinese money is, but the Korean industry is getting so much attention around the world. She should stick to the Korean projects if they give her enough money for living and of course saving.
She last worked in a chinese movie in 2017 after that she's now quite frequent in K entertainment. She was in the list of highest paid actress there so of course she worked there more since she isn't that famous in sk. So I understand her marrying a chinese man. I hope she gets more sapphic roles like these and live her life.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

1st K Drama to win an Emmy!

:queen: :wub:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I’m watching Reborn Rich.

[spoiler]

The story would be more interesting if the protagonist is a woman or a younger actor. Are they really trying to fool us with this guy? He looks like Ellen

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Nov 2022, 12:44

Fantastic! Now more people will watch it and discover Park Eun-bin. Image

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

On my list of top ten scenes.

[media]https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_rlst ... rjac1m.mp4[/media]

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
23 Nov 2022, 11:49
On my list of top ten scenes.

[media]https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_rlst ... rjac1m.mp4[/media]
The girl has a mean right arm punch!
Remember though, it's better to hit with the base of your palm. It prevents cuts over your knuckles and bruised hand bones, and it's high impact.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
19 Nov 2022, 09:26

I've only finished the first episode and strongly disagree about Yun Oh being attractive lol. He looks like the typical creepy guy you can't trust who hasn't showered in years.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Nov 2022, 12:44

Correction: it’s the first K Drama to win at International Emmy’s.

The first K Drama to win an Emmy is Squid Game.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Any thoughts on reborn rich and the queens umbrella?
Both dramas have the highest ratings right now
Is it that good?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
28 Nov 2022, 13:28
Any thoughts on reborn rich and the queens umbrella?
Both dramas have the highest ratings right now
Is it that good?
Reborn Rich is good but very very male centric. There are so many scenes that go by with just men in the whole scenes one after another

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

OMG. I know Mine has its own thread (https://thelchat.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=77384) but for anyone who isn't aware of it, it's damn good. A murder-mystery drama with a lesbian as one of the two lead characters.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Watching Mine made me go on a quest for Kim Suh Hyeong's series and movies, and found Nobody Knows. Sí, oui, sì! I have a serious girl crush now.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Kim Seo-hyung in Nobody Knows compilation.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

^ I accidently got addicted to it when I had no time or emotion to waste on TV, let alone drooling over an actress. Strangely my comfort drama

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I’m watching Somebody

[spoiler]

How do straight women going for tinder dates without a care in the world?? And there was a woman in a wheelchair too. Straight women really be risking it all for men they don’t even know and getting killed for a dumb D.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
30 Nov 2022, 00:24
I’m watching Somebody

[spoiler]

How do straight women going for tinder dates without a care in the world?? And there was a woman in a wheelchair too. Straight women really be risking it all for men they don’t even know and getting killed for a dumb D.
[spoiler]Yeah, the wheelchair girl was dumb as hell. Meeting up with a stranger in the middle of nowhere without a second thought and then does it again while knowing he's dangerous. I get that she wants to prove that she's still as capable as before ending up in a wheelchair but girl gotta chill. [/spoiler]

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
30 Nov 2022, 02:09
Guest wrote:
I’m watching Somebody

[spoiler]

[spoiler]Yeah, the wheelchair girl was dumb as hell. Meeting up with a stranger in the middle of nowhere without a second thought and then does it again while knowing he's dangerous. I get that she wants to prove that she's still as capable as before ending up in a wheelchair but girl gotta chill. [/spoiler]
I watched the first two episodes of Somebody but stopped because of [spoiler]so many het scenes[/spoiler] and also it got quite depressing with the main character's lifestyle.

I'm watching Korea No. 1 now with Kim Yeon Koung (Korea's no 1. sporty lesbian?) as one of the three hosts in this fun reality TV show and I'm really liking it. Highly recommend.

Welcome guest above to Mine. It was such a great show, I think most of us watching it drooled over KSH or the 2nd or 3rd female lead.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
I’m watching Somebody

[spoiler]

[spoiler]
I am still at episode 4. What happen to meeting your date at a cafe/restaurant or you know, public place? And she's a cop? Just plain idiocy.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Finally watching Glitch and omg...it's gayer than I expected. All the guys are portrayed as utterly useless while Bora is so freaking fearless and cool and will do anything to save her Hongji.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Somebody has a lesbian character

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
30 Nov 2022, 11:46
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
I’m watching Somebody

[spoiler]

I watched the first two episodes of Somebody but stopped because of [spoiler]so many het scenes[/spoiler] and also it got quite depressing with the main character's lifestyle.

I'm watching Korea No. 1 now with Kim Yeon Koung (Korea's no 1. sporty lesbian?) as one of the three hosts in this fun reality TV show and I'm really liking it. Highly recommend.

Welcome guest above to Mine. It was such a great show, I think most of us watching it drooled over KSH or the 2nd or 3rd female lead.
Omg keep watching there's canon lesbian couple in next couple of episodes.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Somebody was good:

1. Canon wlw couple
2. Great kissing scene
3. The couple survived