(G)-idle

Reactions:

Re: (G)-idle

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
08 Nov 2022, 16:03

Please they look so good together in white.
They truly look far too good together. It makes me soft to see Shuhua being far more mellow when interacting with Miyeon. She used to fight her so hard in the beginning, sometimes I would even feel a bit bad for poor Miyeon.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
06 Nov 2022, 11:49

They are too cute together omg. :wub:
I am impressed with Miyeon's relentlessness.
lmao right? she never gave up on her attempts to get close with Shuhua and now she's finally enjoying the rewards of her hard work.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

My Gidle and Twice heart is satisfied first Tzuyu and Shuhua and now Miyeon and Sana again this time for the Nxde challenge :wub: ❤.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Man, they really have been crushing it this year and I'm so happy they've had come backs with amazing success.

...That said (and this is coming from the selfish side of me), as someone who's been a big yuyeon fan, the recent shift in their relationship has been kind of painful to watch. oof.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 Nov 2022, 15:46
Man, they really have been crushing it this year and I'm so happy they've had come backs with amazing success.

...That said (and this is coming from the selfish side of me), as someone who's been a big yuyeon fan, the recent shift in their relationship has been kind of painful to watch. oof.
What do you mean, yuyeon has been acting the same way they always have like am I missing something?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 Nov 2022, 19:26
Guest wrote:

What do you mean, yuyeon has been acting the same way they always have like am I missing something?
SA Nah there is definitely a difference. They're still friendly enough, but not nearly as close and affectionate as they used to be. Their interactions in like, 2020 compared to now are very very toned down. There was even an interview (it was some kind of promo content) during Tomboy era where Soyeon verbatim said "My relationship with Yuqi has changed the most." So it's not like I'm reading too much into things. Things definitely seemed to cool off between them at some point between Tomboy and the tour.

And if you really forgot how close they used to be... (sorry if linking a ship video is cringe, but I can't think of a better way to give a bunch of examples of this):
[spoiler][/spoiler]

There's just noticeable stuff like when they were on tour, when they had free time they were never together and Soyeon was either off doing her own thing or the group was pretty split. They had that v-live on the tour when they were discussing hotel room arrangements and Soyeon specifically said she didn't want to share a room with Yuqi (but would with Shuhua and Miyeon) and Yuqi weirdly kept pushing Soyeon about why she didn't want to share with her and said "answer, the camera is on" and Soyeon responded awkwardly "it's... fine." (And they used to share hotel rooms together in the past). They don't really take photos together, don't have any indication that they spend free time together or hang out much... which is a change. Yuqi is still pretty affectionate with all the other members, but much less so with Soyeon (who she used to be the MOST affectionate/close with). IDK, I feel like something got kind of rocky at some point this year. Remember that i-log for k-pop flex where Soyeon kept looking at Yuqi off camera and got VERY visibly pissed/upset about something? That was weird as hell.

Like I said, I think they're still friendly and get along in some capacity. At least from what we seen on camera. It's not like its visibly super awkward or anything but they are absolutely not as close as they used to be. And who really knows why. People change, relationships evolve. I think some aspects of all this are kind of strange but I won't really get into that because that's a different can of worms of theories. It just makes me a bit sad because I loved their interactions in the past. They were really cute, funny and had great chemistry. Ah well.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I always have a hard time imagining Shuhua being with someone, romantically speaking. I mean she has such a strong personality and character, values set on stone (which I greatly admire), a bit of a short temper and is so straight forward that I can't imagine people hitting on her lol. If it wasn't because we saw how soft, cute, flirty and tender she was with Soojin, I genuinely couldn't even fathom the idea of this girl being anything other than single.

gay agenda
Reactions:

Post by gay agenda »

Guest wrote:
09 Nov 2022, 21:48
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

SA Nah there is definitely a difference. They're still friendly enough, but not nearly as close and affectionate as they used to be. Their interactions in like, 2020 compared to now are very very toned down. There was even an interview (it was some kind of promo content) during Tomboy era where Soyeon verbatim said "My relationship with Yuqi has changed the most." So it's not like I'm reading too much into things. Things definitely seemed to cool off between them at some point between Tomboy and the tour.

And if you really forgot how close they used to be... (sorry if linking a ship video is cringe, but I can't think of a better way to give a bunch of examples of this):
[spoiler][/spoiler]

There's just noticeable stuff like when they were on tour, when they had free time they were never together and Soyeon was either off doing her own thing or the group was pretty split. They had that v-live on the tour when they were discussing hotel room arrangements and Soyeon specifically said she didn't want to share a room with Yuqi (but would with Shuhua and Miyeon) and Yuqi weirdly kept pushing Soyeon about why she didn't want to share with her and said "answer, the camera is on" and Soyeon responded awkwardly "it's... fine." (And they used to share hotel rooms together in the past). They don't really take photos together, don't have any indication that they spend free time together or hang out much... which is a change. Yuqi is still pretty affectionate with all the other members, but much less so with Soyeon (who she used to be the MOST affectionate/close with). IDK, I feel like something got kind of rocky at some point this year. Remember that i-log for k-pop flex where Soyeon kept looking at Yuqi off camera and got VERY visibly pissed/upset about something? That was weird as hell.

Like I said, I think they're still friendly and get along in some capacity. At least from what we seen on camera. It's not like its visibly super awkward or anything but they are absolutely not as close as they used to be. And who really knows why. People change, relationships evolve. I think some aspects of all this are kind of strange but I won't really get into that because that's a different can of worms of theories. It just makes me a bit sad because I loved their interactions in the past. They were really cute, funny and had great chemistry. Ah well.
DA that’s interesting, haven’t followed Idle closely since the scandal so no idea of their current dynamics. sad, they play well off each other, the episode of running man with soyeon is one of my favorites

nothing to do but speculate so i wonder is part of the issue that Yuqi was in China for a year and Soyeon moved out of the dorm. like maybe they didn’t talk much during that time, naturally grew apart and became more business partners than friends. or maybe Yuqi stepped up after Soojin left and she’s butting heads with Soyeon more often over creative direction? or maybe they’re just older idols who got tired of fan service and soyeon just wants to hibernate instead of go out lol

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Interesting takes, anons. I saw them at tour this year around august and it's clear how soyeon is the business leader and yuqi is the emotional leader sticking everyone together. I don't know if that plays a part in this change, but they didn't interacted much in the show, but yuqi did with everyone else, thought it was normal.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

gay agenda wrote:
10 Nov 2022, 04:13
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

[spoiler][/spoiler]

DA that’s interesting, haven’t followed Idle closely since the scandal so no idea of their current dynamics. sad, they play well off each other, the episode of running man with soyeon is one of my favorites

nothing to do but speculate so i wonder is part of the issue that Yuqi was in China for a year and Soyeon moved out of the dorm. like maybe they didn’t talk much during that time, naturally grew apart and became more business partners than friends. or maybe Yuqi stepped up after Soojin left and she’s butting heads with Soyeon more often over creative direction? or maybe they’re just older idols who got tired of fan service and soyeon just wants to hibernate instead of go out lol

DA but I noticed how recently when Minnie wanted to go to Jeju with the members, that Soyeon looked reluctant about it. When Minnie said maybe lets go to everland (that amusement park) for vacation instead Soyeon said they should go as a schedule for the group. I think Soyeon doesn't seem to want to spend all her time with the members when they don't have work nowadays. There's nothing wrong with that of course, it just seems like she's at that place in her life.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

gay agenda wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

[spoiler][/spoiler]

SA I think there's a real possibility it's a matter of people growing apart. With maturity and getting older, they all seem much more toned down as a group on a whole. I think Yuqi specifically is trying to shed her cute/goofy image a lot. There's also been less overt fan service and shippiness since they came back after the scandal. Maybe due to them not being a rookie group that has to push that anymore, maybe because since soojin left it would be awkward to have the obvious "pairs" when there are only five of them now. And yeah the fact that they don't live together anymore might play a part in it.

But it does seem more pronounced between Yuqi and Soyeon. Especially considering how close they used to be, it feels like a much more dramatic change. Yuqi is definitely closer with Minnie and Miyeon, and even though Soyeon is a big homebody she's talked about how Miyeon will often come over to her house. She even talked about how she's been getting along with Shuhua a lot lately. And I still think the hotel room thing is kind of strange. How bad do things have to be where you don't even want to share a hotel room with someone when you used to in the past?

IDK, I kind of wonder if something went down. For example.. please explain what's happening in this video at 5:40, because it sure does look like Soyeon keeps looking over at Yuqi who's sitting away from the group VERY close to some dude. And Soyeon looks PISSED. It's completely obvious.
[spoiler][/spoiler]

But since we're speculating.. and this is a lesbian gossip board.. I actually now wonder if there's the possibility that there was something actually going on between them in the past and it didn't work out. I've honestly never truly believed that any of the members actually dated/are dating or anything, despite how fun the ships can be. Soyeon being pretty obviously bi makes the possibility of that higher, but no one else in the group really clocks like her. And of course, there's fan service and scripted/set up interactions.. but I also think you can only fake so much in terms of closeness. BUT there's just something that's sort of sus about the pretty big 180 their relationship took, and it honestly at times reads like two people who used to date, broke up and are trying to stay friends and on good terms. (Would also explain the hotel room thing lol, I prob wouldn't share a hotel room with an ex even if we were trying to stay friends.. I would also move out if we lived together).

I've always been a little surprised that Yuqi and Soyeon flew under the radar, but I guess sooshu was so dominant they were more overlooked. Because there's definitely been some "HMM" moments between Soyeon and Yuqi that seemed a bit more than necessary for fan service. Like moments on this radio show were kind of eyebrow raising to me (enjoy this convenient compilation, mute the cheesy music): [spoiler][/spoiler] I mean Yuqi's gotta be REAL confident in her sexuality to let her bisexual bestie affectionately touch her mouth and lips multiple times with fucking heart eyes lmao. And as fan service it doesn't even make sense because all of this happened during commercial/song plays which get cut out from the final uploaded video. 2019-2020 was full of moments like this for them, some of it I'm sure fan-service but at a certain point it's just way too much to fake 100% all the time. I've always thought they were close with good chemistry and a fun dynamic, with some cute ship-y moments you could explain away as gals being pals/fan service/yuqi incredibly comfortable and sure of her sexuality to get that cozy with her bi friend.. but the stark difference in their interactions now is giving me pause, and I don't think it's that insane to consider there's another explanation for what's going on.

Or Idk, ship my ass off to delulu land. :eyeroll:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I think Soyeon just comes off as inadvertently cold. Like her and Shuhua barely interacted and now they are going on movie dates. Her and Minnie hugging in the last vlive was the first time in forever.

Her and Yuqi recently did a solo schedule together and everything was fine, yuqi made her laugh loads

Also talking of not being fanservicy, how about those 4k couple rings

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
10 Nov 2022, 06:52
I think Soyeon just comes off as inadvertently cold. Like her and Shuhua barely interacted and now they are going on movie dates. Her and Minnie hugging in the last vlive was the first time in forever.

Her and Yuqi recently did a solo schedule together and everything was fine, yuqi made her laugh loads

Also talking of not being fanservicy, how about those 4k couple rings

It's so cute how Miyeon got happy and moved closer to Minnie once Minnie said that they had couple rings. Definitely feel like they became even more closer after the hiatus.

gay agenda
Reactions:

Post by gay agenda »

Guest wrote:
10 Nov 2022, 06:33
gay agenda wrote:
[spoiler]
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

[spoiler][/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

SA I think there's a real possibility it's a matter of people growing apart. With maturity and getting older, they all seem much more toned down as a group on a whole. I think Yuqi specifically is trying to shed her cute/goofy image a lot. There's also been less overt fan service and shippiness since they came back after the scandal. Maybe due to them not being a rookie group that has to push that anymore, maybe because since soojin left it would be awkward to have the obvious "pairs" when there are only five of them now. And yeah the fact that they don't live together anymore might play a part in it.

But it does seem more pronounced between Yuqi and Soyeon. Especially considering how close they used to be, it feels like a much more dramatic change. Yuqi is definitely closer with Minnie and Miyeon, and even though Soyeon is a big homebody she's talked about how Miyeon will often come over to her house. She even talked about how she's been getting along with Shuhua a lot lately. And I still think the hotel room thing is kind of strange. How bad do things have to be where you don't even want to share a hotel room with someone when you used to in the past?

IDK, I kind of wonder if something went down. For example.. please explain what's happening in this video at 5:40, because it sure does look like Soyeon keeps looking over at Yuqi who's sitting away from the group VERY close to some dude. And Soyeon looks PISSED. It's completely obvious.
[spoiler][/spoiler]

But since we're speculating.. and this is a lesbian gossip board.. I actually now wonder if there's the possibility that there was something actually going on between them in the past and it didn't work out. I've honestly never truly believed that any of the members actually dated/are dating or anything, despite how fun the ships can be. Soyeon being pretty obviously bi makes the possibility of that higher, but no one else in the group really clocks like her. And of course, there's fan service and scripted/set up interactions.. but I also think you can only fake so much in terms of closeness. BUT there's just something that's sort of sus about the pretty big 180 their relationship took, and it honestly at times reads like two people who used to date, broke up and are trying to stay friends and on good terms. (Would also explain the hotel room thing lol, I prob wouldn't share a hotel room with an ex even if we were trying to stay friends.. I would also move out if we lived together).

I've always been a little surprised that Yuqi and Soyeon flew under the radar, but I guess sooshu was so dominant they were more overlooked. Because there's definitely been some "HMM" moments between Soyeon and Yuqi that seemed a bit more than necessary for fan service. Like moments on this radio show were kind of eyebrow raising to me (enjoy this convenient compilation, mute the cheesy music): [spoiler][/spoiler] I mean Yuqi's gotta be REAL confident in her sexuality to let her bisexual bestie affectionately touch her mouth and lips multiple times with fucking heart eyes lmao. And as fan service it doesn't even make sense because all of this happened during commercial/song plays which get cut out from the final uploaded video. 2019-2020 was full of moments like this for them, some of it I'm sure fan-service but at a certain point it's just way too much to fake 100% all the time. I've always thought they were close with good chemistry and a fun dynamic, with some cute ship-y moments you could explain away as gals being pals/fan service/yuqi incredibly comfortable and sure of her sexuality to get that cozy with her bi friend.. but the stark difference in their interactions now is giving me pause, and I don't think it's that insane to consider there's another explanation for what's going on.

i don’t wanna dismiss your POV out of hand you’re not insane! to me though soyeon comes across as more distracted than pissed in the first video? Yuqi sitting that close to a staff looks weird but if something was going on or the relationship was inappropriate seems odd for the camera operator pan to them and the editor to include it. maybe they were having a spat though, not like we haven’t seen that before with the time yuqi and miyeon argued backstage lol

the second video is cute and i like wh33in’s honey cover but again to me doesn’t come across as particularly out of the ordinary. though my sense of normality could be off because i follow other groups pairs that are more openly affectionate. which is not to say that nothings changed in soyeon and yuqis relationship but as anons above said soyeon is not thr most demonstrative. might not be cause for concern, who knows! I get being disappointed though, like I said I enjoyed them too

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Wow Minnie and Miyeon's rings are 4.3 million won each, that's expensive af. I know they're probably all rich but it's still sus to spend that much just for rings with your bestie lol. :shifty:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
10 Nov 2022, 13:11
Wow Minnie and Miyeon's rings are 4.3 million won each, that's expensive af. I know they're probably all rich but it's still sus to spend that much just for rings with your bestie lol. :shifty:
Probably given to them by their company.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

gay agenda wrote:
10 Nov 2022, 12:43
Guest wrote:
10 Nov 2022, 06:33
gay agenda wrote:
[spoiler]
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

[spoiler][/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

[spoiler][/spoiler]

i don’t wanna dismiss your POV out of hand you’re not insane! to me though soyeon comes across as more distracted than pissed in the first video? Yuqi sitting that close to a staff looks weird but if something was going on or the relationship was inappropriate seems odd for the camera operator pan to them and the editor to include it. maybe they were having a spat though, not like we haven’t seen that before with the time yuqi and miyeon argued backstage lol

the second video is cute and i like wh33in’s honey cover but again to me doesn’t come across as particularly out of the ordinary. though my sense of normality could be off because i follow other groups pairs that are more openly affectionate. which is not to say that nothings changed in soyeon and yuqis relationship but as anons above said soyeon is not thr most demonstrative. might not be cause for concern, who knows! I get being disappointed though, like I said I enjoyed them too
Yeah if there was something going on with that staff I'm sure they'd cut them out of the frame or edit it out. Plus how do you know that staff is a dude? Seems like they could be a butch woman to me

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

[/quote]

SA Oh that's an interesting read on the video. Tbh I'm used to Soyeon's typical "I'm over it/exhausted/cold" demeanor I just thought that moment was strange based on how it seems like her whole vibe immediately changed when she kept glancing over at Yuqi. And yes I don't think there's ACTUALLY anything going on with that guy, I'm pretty sure it's one of the staff or stylists, so if Soyeon is pissed about something he might not even have anything to do with it. And yes lol I was reminded of the Yuqi/Miyeon argument hahaha.

The second video (lol sorry for the wheein hate I just reflexively mute videos like this) was more about the couple of moments Soyeon touching Yuqi's lips which I found a little.. beyond the average normal affection you see between idols? But maybe I'm following the wrong pairs in other groups and missing things like that if it's not out of the norm. :lol: Everything else just looked like ordinary cute/funny interactions. I think for me this is one of those situations where I do think they're very openly affectionate especially for someone like Soyeon who comes across as more standoff-ish, and there have at times been a few things about their relationship that's given me pause (beyond just reading into stuff like affection), but I feel like if I keep listing receipts I'm just going to look like a crazy person so I'll stop. :lol:

Anyway, I'm not meaning to say I think they're having some big beef or anything. I genuinely do think they're currently on good terms and are friendly (other anon mentioned the solo schedule which I'm aware of, example of them being fine on camera). I think maybe just because I've been a big fan of them for awhile it was a little more noticeable to me and made me wonder.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I do think they are less close than what they were but if there was a fight or whatever they have gotten over it, it reminds my of mimin in like 2020 and how Minnie would just get annoyed at being around Miyeon so purposely interact with other members.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I love their dgaf attitude so much :rofl:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

They genuinely look like a couple :wub:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

IMO this is still the funniest fucking thing that came from the tour:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
11 Nov 2022, 03:00
They genuinely look like a couple :wub:
I know right? Even knevies were jokingly congratulating them for the "engagement". :wub:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Miyeon looks so good with everyone in the group lol. Miyeon and Minnie are so cool together and then Miyeon and Shuhua are sweet in their small moments even if they fight the rest of the time. Then we have Miyeon and Yuqi with their eye contact at Genie Music Awards.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
11 Nov 2022, 21:34
Miyeon looks so good with everyone in the group lol. Miyeon and Minnie are so cool together and then Miyeon and Shuhua are sweet in their small moments even if they fight the rest of the time. Then we have Miyeon and Yuqi with their eye contact at Genie Music Awards.

Miyeon is soo sweet she gels with everyone :wub: .

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

omg soyeon in the shadows I can't :rofl:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Was curious about y'alls thoughts on something I've wondered about (following the recent convo in the kent thread about idols showing support for the LGBT community).

How do you feel about i-dle's level of open support for the LGBT community? And to preface this, I don't want this to be taken as a criticism that they need to prove themselves or they aren't doing enough or we're "owed" anything. I think it's clear that they all are at minimum allies. Shuhua supported that fan that was worried about liking someone of the same gender. Minnie's brother is gay. And Soyeon is pretty much a no-brainer as we can confidently assume she's bi and wrote a song like Oh My God. And it would be terribly awkward if Yuqi or Miyeon weren't allies considering the above.

But I think there's an interesting dichotomy that a group that releases music with such strong statements of social commentary and progressive/risky topics (at least for k-pop) is also a bit reserved in their opinions. I think Shuhua is easily the member willing to speak her mind the most at a "IDGAF" level. Soyeon is clearly someone that has strong opinions but seems to prefer expressing that in the music itself. In interviews she has elaborated on her thoughts at times. The only statement she's made directly about her support for LGBT was in an interview where she was questioned about her use of "she" in Oh My God, and she said "all forms of love should be respected." But I do think her risking a song like Oh My God speaks for itself.

But I've at times wondered why a group that released one of the gayest songs in k-pop is relatively quiet in open statements of support for the LGBT community. You could make the argument that taking the risk to put out a song like Oh My God is far more impactful than external statements or indications of support like waving around a pride flag etc. Maybe they are just never put in a position where they have the opportunity to make those statements or commentary. On the flip side, maybe they do get questions like that from fans (like in Shuhua's case) and those questions are filtered or they choose not to answer. During the Oh My God promos, they were very evasive and vague about talking about the meaning and inspiration of that song (well, at least Soyeon was, none of the other members really made a peep during those questions). And maybe they had to be, maybe they were told they couldn't be direct.

But it also seems like cube doesn't have a total stranglehold on what they're aloud to talk about in terms of their personal opinions as we can clearly see with Shuhua as an example.

So I do find it curious. Surely they must know they have a sizeable LGBT fanbase. Groups and idols that have done far less (or nothing at all) with LGBT themes in their music have been open in their support or acknowledged their LGBT fanbase. Is it some fear of backlash? They put out music that's meant to be boundary pushing to a degree, but on a personal level overall aren't terribly vocal. I understand maybe we shouldn't expect all that much from idols in general, but I feel like i-dle is a bit different in that their whole concept is the authenticity of themselves. I wonder if it's because there are members that really don't want to rock the boat beyond what they do with their music (honestly, I could see Yuqi being like this), so overall as a group they don't make statements that could possibly reflect on the other members. Sometimes it feels like they released Oh My God and then kind of left it at that as though they said their piece and moved on from it. But that's just massive conjecture on my part.

Again, this isn't meant to drag them or question their ally-ship. But sometimes you'd think that a group that takes this big risk with an LGBT song (and got away with it) would also be one of the groups that could most easily and comfortably show other forms of open support. It's just curious to me.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 Nov 2022, 22:32
Was curious about y'alls thoughts on something I've wondered about (following the recent convo in the kent thread about idols showing support for the LGBT community).

How do you feel about i-dle's level of open support for the LGBT community? And to preface this, I don't want this to be taken as a criticism that they need to prove themselves or they aren't doing enough or we're "owed" anything. I think it's clear that they all are at minimum allies. Shuhua supported that fan that was worried about liking someone of the same gender. Minnie's brother is gay. And Soyeon is pretty much a no-brainer as we can confidently assume she's bi and wrote a song like Oh My God. And it would be terribly awkward if Yuqi or Miyeon weren't allies considering the above.

But I think there's an interesting dichotomy that a group that releases music with such strong statements of social commentary and progressive/risky topics (at least for k-pop) is also a bit reserved in their opinions. I think Shuhua is easily the member willing to speak her mind the most at a "IDGAF" level. Soyeon is clearly someone that has strong opinions but seems to prefer expressing that in the music itself. In interviews she has elaborated on her thoughts at times. The only statement she's made directly about her support for LGBT was in an interview where she was questioned about her use of "she" in Oh My God, and she said "all forms of love should be respected." But I do think her risking a song like Oh My God speaks for itself.

But I've at times wondered why a group that released one of the gayest songs in k-pop is relatively quiet in open statements of support for the LGBT community. You could make the argument that taking the risk to put out a song like Oh My God is far more impactful than external statements or indications of support like waving around a pride flag etc. Maybe they are just never put in a position where they have the opportunity to make those statements or commentary. On the flip side, maybe they do get questions like that from fans (like in Shuhua's case) and those questions are filtered or they choose not to answer. During the Oh My God promos, they were very evasive and vague about talking about the meaning and inspiration of that song (well, at least Soyeon was, none of the other members really made a peep during those questions). And maybe they had to be, maybe they were told they couldn't be direct.

But it also seems like cube doesn't have a total stranglehold on what they're aloud to talk about in terms of their personal opinions as we can clearly see with Shuhua as an example.

So I do find it curious. Surely they must know they have a sizeable LGBT fanbase. Groups and idols that have done far less (or nothing at all) with LGBT themes in their music have been open in their support or acknowledged their LGBT fanbase. Is it some fear of backlash? They put out music that's meant to be boundary pushing to a degree, but on a personal level overall aren't terribly vocal. I understand maybe we shouldn't expect all that much from idols in general, but I feel like i-dle is a bit different in that their whole concept is the authenticity of themselves. I wonder if it's because there are members that really don't want to rock the boat beyond what they do with their music (honestly, I could see Yuqi being like this), so overall as a group they don't make statements that could possibly reflect on the other members. Sometimes it feels like they released Oh My God and then kind of left it at that as though they said their piece and moved on from it. But that's just massive conjecture on my part.

Again, this isn't meant to drag them or question their ally-ship. But sometimes you'd think that a group that takes this big risk with an LGBT song (and got away with it) would also be one of the groups that could most easily and comfortably show other forms of open support. It's just curious to me.
I think the OMG thing was probably just cube saying be smart about it and you leave it up for interpretation because the girls don't have a big company to fall back on if things go bad with the korean public (see what happened with soojin). It was also a deliberate attempt to break into a more western market and it flopped in korea big time. I suppose the other stuff with the pride flags can be seen as fanservice and I think they were told not to pick up any flags during the concert. Frankly, I don't see the group itself ever as a whole making LGBT positive statements due to the fear of losing fans/sales.

Its enough for me that I would bet money on all of the girls at the very least being accepting of being gay. Like if a fan came out to any of them I know they would never react badly. I think gidle like tacking social issues: gender norms with Tomboy and the sexualisation of women with Nxde so its always nice to think about them taking about different sexuality with the same openness but I think the idol industry is just too restrictive for them to risk it.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 Nov 2022, 23:05
Guest wrote:
12 Nov 2022, 22:32

I think the OMG thing was probably just cube saying be smart about it and you leave it up for interpretation because the girls don't have a big company to fall back on if things go bad with the korean public (see what happened with soojin). It was also a deliberate attempt to break into a more western market and it flopped in korea big time. I suppose the other stuff with the pride flags can be seen as fanservice and I think they were told not to pick up any flags during the concert. Frankly, I don't see the group itself ever as a whole making LGBT positive statements due to the fear of losing fans/sales.

Its enough for me that I would bet money on all of the girls at the very least being accepting of being gay. Like if a fan came out to any of them I know they would never react badly. I think gidle like tacking social issues: gender norms with Tomboy and the sexualisation of women with Nxde so its always nice to think about them taking about different sexuality with the same openness but I think the idol industry is just too restrictive for them to risk it.
I know OMG was a flop domestically but was that because it was actually perceived as LGBT by the korean GP? I don't remember them getting any huge backlash for it and it seemed like the song had just enough metaphor that the meaning was glossed over or people just kind of buried their head in the sands about it. I might have missed some of the domestic reaction to the song though. But if that was the reason I could understand why they'd be hesitant in re-visiting or pushing any LGBT statements.

I think i-dle is in this odd position of touting authenticity of their real selves and views in their music and yet still feels restricted in their personal statements due to the industry. Maybe there's an inherent expectation that they're the sort of group that would take those risks, because we see idols and groups that make music that's comparatively far more safe yet still have come out in varying levels of support. I can understand maybe they've felt like they're on shaky ground since the scandal and have a legitimate wariness of stirring any level of controversy. I hope maybe one day they'll regain that confidence enough to feel they can speak their minds despite the restrictions of the industry.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I thought inevies were the biggest shippers but knevies are next level nowadays 💀

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 Nov 2022, 13:49
I thought inevies were the biggest shippers but knevies are next level nowadays 💀
lol kfans in general have always been insane with shipping, idk why people think its mainly delulu ifans. groups would not be doing fan service/shit bait if it wasn't wildly popular with the domestic market lmao.

but out of curiosity what are the big knevie ships these days, I don't really keep up with them :nails:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 Nov 2022, 18:14
Guest wrote:
lol kfans in general have always been insane with shipping, idk why people think its mainly delulu ifans. groups would not be doing fan service/shit bait if it wasn't wildly popular with the domestic market lmao.

but out of curiosity what are the big knevie ships these days, I don't really keep up with them :nails:
lmao that was an awful typo, ship bait*

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 Nov 2022, 18:29
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

With Sooshu gone, MiMin is becoming pretty popular with knevies especially. I even see just random kpop stans commenting on them. I also feel like the ship bait for them is increasing lol. After them it's probably Yuyeon and then Mishu which is making a slight resurgence with Shuhua stans. The cool thing is knevies come up with fire fanart lol. It does get a bit creepy sometimes though. Miyeon posted a pic of the new bed she bought and there are some weird comments. <_<

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 Nov 2022, 20:25
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

With Sooshu gone, MiMin is becoming pretty popular with knevies especially. I even see just random kpop stans commenting on them. I also feel like the ship bait for them is increasing lol. After them it's probably Yuyeon and then Mishu which is making a slight resurgence with Shuhua stans. The cool thing is knevies come up with fire fanart lol. It does get a bit creepy sometimes though. Miyeon posted a pic of the new bed she bought and there are some weird comments. <_<
yeah MiMin has definitely been taking off for both sides of the fandom for sure. lots of ship bait. as soon as i saw the bed photo i knew what kind of weirdo comments would be coming.

i've noticed it seems like they're trying to push soyeon/shuhua a bit (what even is their ship name?) or at least testing the waters. cube knows shuhua is popular af so they're scrambling to find a new ship for her. Soyeon calling their movie outing "date night" and saying things like how they've been really getting along lately and how they're the closest in the group in a way that seems forced af lol. (also soyeon saying they're the closest in the group... damn yuyeon in shambles). :rofl:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 Nov 2022, 20:48
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

yeah MiMin has definitely been taking off for both sides of the fandom for sure. lots of ship bait. as soon as i saw the bed photo i knew what kind of weirdo comments would be coming.

i've noticed it seems like they're trying to push soyeon/shuhua a bit (what even is their ship name?) or at least testing the waters. cube knows shuhua is popular af so they're scrambling to find a new ship for her. Soyeon calling their movie outing "date night" and saying things like how they've been really getting along lately and how they're the closest in the group in a way that seems forced af lol. (also soyeon saying they're the closest in the group... damn yuyeon in shambles). :rofl:
The date night thing was so funny that I thought it was a joke. I didn't notice it but now that you're pointing it out it does seem like there has been a push for SoyShu ? (I don't think they have a ship name). It comes off pretty awkward mostly because Shuhua looks up to Soyeon way too much. I know Soyeon likes Shu a lot but I don't think they were ever the closest in the group. Shu herself said she's closer with Minnie, Miyeon and Yuqi in that order. Can't cube just let them be without forcing any ships, I mean it's not like their rookies anymore. They already have a enough chemistry with each other.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 Nov 2022, 21:05
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

The date night thing was so funny that I thought it was a joke. I didn't notice it but now that you're pointing it out it does seem like there has been a push for SoyShu ? (I don't think they have a ship name). It comes off pretty awkward mostly because Shuhua looks up to Soyeon way too much. I know Soyeon likes Shu a lot but I don't think they were ever the closest in the group. Shu herself said she's closer with Minnie, Miyeon and Yuqi in that order. Can't cube just let them be without forcing any ships, I mean it's not like their rookies anymore. They already have a enough chemistry with each other.
lol yeah this moment on kiss the radio just felt so forced and obvious (at 39:30):
and it's only Soyeon saying this stuff so it comes across as awkward and one-sided, like soyeon really struggling to make this believable :eyeroll:

it does get annoying to see how clear cube is involved in manufacturing some of this shit, as they have been since day one. like I get its just part of the job, but trying to make soyshu happen, (also a bit of mishu - like i said I think they are testing the waters with finding shuhua a new ship), sinking yuyeon, probably telling mimin to step it up... it most be exhausting for the girls tbh. some of them also seem so clearly over fanservice. like i get that they're all friends so it must not be horrible, but sometimes its just cringe as hell to watch. Mimin honestly at least seems genuine even though it really does look like there's some intentional ship bait happening because at least they look comfortable and like they don't care about playing into it. i really thought cube would leave them alone with this shit bc they aren't rookies anymore. :fool:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 Nov 2022, 21:44
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

lol yeah this moment on kiss the radio just felt so forced and obvious (at 39:30):
and it's only Soyeon saying this stuff so it comes across as awkward and one-sided, like soyeon really struggling to make this believable :eyeroll:

it does get annoying to see how clear cube is involved in manufacturing some of this shit, as they have been since day one. like I get its just part of the job, but trying to make soyshu happen, (also a bit of mishu - like i said I think they are testing the waters with finding shuhua a new ship), sinking yuyeon, probably telling mimin to step it up... it most be exhausting for the girls tbh. some of them also seem so clearly over fanservice. like i get that they're all friends so it must not be horrible, but sometimes its just cringe as hell to watch. Mimin honestly at least seems genuine even though it really does look like there's some intentional ship bait happening because at least they look comfortable and like they don't care about playing into it. i really thought cube would leave them alone with this shit bc they aren't rookies anymore. :fool:
Yeah like SoyShu doesn't seem like it's gonna happen because I have only seen fans treat SoyShu as sisters and friends lol. Cube is pretty dumb because fans are already pretty set in their minds on the relationship dynamics and the main ships. So no one is going to buy these sudden changes. Mimin clearly works because they were already close before tbh. Cube manufacturing ships worked in rookie years because the fandom were still learning about the group and their dynamics, it's not going to work now that their almost in their 5th year even if they lost one member. Side note but at least before with the even number of members no one was left out lol. The pairs were perfect. :bigcry:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I will never ever forget about this video. I have been into k-pop for around 8 years and while I can't say that I have seen every single gg because I have very specific tastes and I'm very picky in general, I would still say that I haven't been this blown away by a dance duo like these two left me. I still distinctly remember my reaction when watching this video for the first time, especially this part. They were going on par with each other without really realizing of it. It was like punch after punch metaphorically speaking. Strong move after strong move but even so, each of them had their own style and vibe to it that made it intrinsically theirs. Soyeon is a really good dancer and I feel like when paired up with Soojin, she somehow managed to highlight that since it made you realize that she could hold her ground quite spectacularly when going side by side with her. They were both a force to be reckoned with. I will always be resentful about missing the opportunity to see more of these two together. They would have killed Tomboy or some other cb where there's a strong, fierce upbeat sound and message.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 Nov 2022, 22:08
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

[spoiler]lol yeah this moment on kiss the radio just felt so forced and obvious (at 39:30):
[/spoiler]

Yeah like SoyShu doesn't seem like it's gonna happen because I have only seen fans treat SoyShu as sisters and friends lol. Cube is pretty dumb because fans are already pretty set in their minds on the relationship dynamics and the main ships. So no one is going to buy these sudden changes. Mimin clearly works because they were already close before tbh. Cube manufacturing ships worked in rookie years because the fandom were still learning about the group and their dynamics, it's not going to work now that their almost in their 5th year even if they lost one member. Side note but at least before with the even number of members no one was left out lol. The pairs were perfect. :bigcry:
i really thought with just 5 members cube would drop it because it would be awkward to have the other two OG ships pushed and shuhua just kind of alone. but no, they really want to make a new sooshu happen. yuqi doesn't seem like she wants to be shipped with anyone these days and soyeon is probably the type to reluctantly go along with it because she knows the job, plus as another anon said yuyeon isnt as close anymore and is probably what led to this weird soyshu push. As you said Mimin still works because their ship has history and an established fanbase but everything else just comes across as a mess. people are going to cling to their established ships no matter what cube does, there was actually good chemistry with the old ships.. whatever the fuck they're doing now just kills some of the natural group dynamic for me at times.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 Nov 2022, 22:29
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

[spoiler]lol yeah this moment on kiss the radio just felt so forced and obvious (at 39:30):
[/spoiler]

i really thought with just 5 members cube would drop it because it would be awkward to have the other two OG ships pushed and shuhua just kind of alone. but no, they really want to make a new sooshu happen. yuqi doesn't seem like she wants to be shipped with anyone these days and soyeon is probably the type to reluctantly go along with it because she knows the job, plus as another anon said yuyeon isnt as close anymore and is probably what led to this weird soyshu push. As you said Mimin still works because their ship has history and an established fanbase but everything else just comes across as a mess. people are going to cling to their established ships no matter what cube does, there was actually good chemistry with the old ships.. whatever the fuck they're doing now just kills some of the natural group dynamic for me at times.
I agree for sure.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

DA Mishu was a ship that existed and was somewhat strong from the very beginning. Shippers liked their tom and jerry dynamic. Back then it looked like Miyeon only ever wanted to be closer to Shuhua (even when she was annoying her she merely wanted her attention), meanwhile the latter kept on pushing her away. So it makes sense that now that the biggest Shuhua ship no longer is an option, the second most popular gained traction. There's also the whole pepero kiss deal, I think it's the first time a pair of female idols were that nonchalant about doing it and their lips touching. It became viral, that probably also gained it shippers.

It does seem, now that you all pointed it out, that they are pushing a bit for Soyshu but yeah, there's no way it's going to happen. We know Soyeon always had a soft spot for Shuhua but sadly Shuhua's admiration and respect for Soyeon is far too strong for their dynamic to ever be more playful. Besides I doubt Shuhua would be up for another ship, Sooshu was IT for her. Cube clearly tried their luck with tree ships (Mimin, Yuyeon and Sooshu) and one of those became huge but now it no longer exists so there isn't much to do. Even if they try, it will be hard to reach the levels that Sooshu did. Other idols talked about them and some even shipped them, the gp found them cute (saw them as adorable close sisters), I remember that even well known artist made fanarts of them, everyone knew about those two and their relationship.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 Nov 2022, 23:14
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

DA Mishu was a ship that existed and was somewhat strong from the very beginning. Shippers liked their tom and jerry dynamic. Back then it looked like Miyeon only ever wanted to be closer to Shuhua (even when she was annoying her she merely wanted her attention), meanwhile the latter kept on pushing her away. So it makes sense that now that the biggest Shuhua ship no longer is an option, the second most popular gained traction. There's also the whole pepero kiss deal, I think it's the first time a pair of female idols were that nonchalant about doing it and their lips touching. It became viral, that probably also gained it shippers.

It does seem, now that you all pointed it out, that they are pushing a bit for Soyshu but yeah, there's no way it's going to happen. We know Soyeon always had a soft spot for Shuhua but sadly Shuhua's admiration and respect for Soyeon is far too strong for their dynamic to ever be more playful. Besides I doubt Shuhua would be up for another ship, Sooshu was IT for her. Cube clearly tried their luck with tree ships (Mimin, Yuyeon and Sooshu) and one of those became huge but now it no longer exists so there isn't much to do. Even if they try, it will be hard to reach the levels that Sooshu did. Other idols talked about them and some even shipped them, the gp found them cute (saw them as adorable close sisters), I remember that even well known artist made fanarts of them, everyone knew about those two and their relationship.
DA yeah mishu was a thing which makes sense for why it's semi popular, but it seems like cube is probably going to keep pushing mimin.

soyeon, bless her heart, doesn't seem like the type that can fake or create chemistry out of nothing which is why yuyeon worked bc their closeness was genuine. honestly if they were going to try and ship shuhua with someone that isn't miyeon, yuqi would make way more sense than soyeon, as yuqi is just naturally affectionate and social and they already do have a cute dynamic. which is why i think yuqi probably behind the scenes put her foot down about not wanting to be shipped anymore lol.

it seems like cube is just going to have to rely on MiMin because soyshu will never happen.. shuhua doesn't even seem to be trying on that front. yuyeon will only live on in the hearts of shippers bc for cube and the girls that ship is likely done (cube would not have soyeon saying things like she's the closest with shuhua if they still wanted to push yuyeon). honestly they should just let Mimin do whatever they're comfortable with and let the rest of the girls have whatever dynamics they want because clearly nothing is going to happen with them.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

OMG her face, poor Yuqi :rofl:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Oh, part of this interview was pretty cool of them.

https://www.billboard.com/music/pop/g-i ... 235158996/:

I also liked how you spoke about how you want to be “I-DLE,” with not as much focus on the “G.” There’s your lyric, too: “It’s neither man nor woman, just me I-DLE.” I’d like to hear more about the inspiration behind that.

Soyeon: As you know, the “G” represents yeoja, or “girl” [in Korean], right? We came from a mindset that we do not want to conform to any kind of social boundary or prejudice. It doesn’t just have to do with gender but that was one of the easiest ways of showing that mindset, especially since we have the “G” in our names. That’s just one of our ways of showing that we don’t want to be stuck in any boundaries, regardless of gender—and not just gender but prejudices in general.

Artists are opening up when they’re more comfortable using gender-neutral pronouns for themselves and in their lyrics. When there can be certain expectations of girl groups, is this a related idea?

Soyeon: We’re very aware of gender-neutral terminology, but what we’re doing now isn’t primarily because we want to find a gender-neutral term but it’s more of trying to make a genre of our own. We want (G)I-DLE to be a genre of our own, regardless of gender, age, anything.

Minnie: And we respect everything.

Minnie my queen. I will take this crumb of vaguely worded support for the gays. :hug:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Soyshu sounds so awkward lol why not Shuso or Sohua?

I miss the love triangle of Soojin-Shuhua-Miyeon despite it being obvious fiction and fan service lol it just hit so many tropes so well for me.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Yeah... ain't no way this girl is completely straight :rofl: