Korean Dramas

Reactions:

Re: Korean Dramas

Post by Guest »

(although very likely straight/not lesbian) I would love this... My fave genre, female conductor :lol: (that's why I also love Tar with Cate B, but hopefully this one is without the artist's self-destruction)

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

NBCUniversal's Peacock streaming service has partnered with CJ ENM and launched a new K channel: "CJ ENM Picks".

https://www.peacocktv.com/channels/cj-e ... 6047292117

Pluto TV (free movies and shows) has also gotten into the game – it now has: "K-Content by CJ ENM" on channel 330.

https://pluto.tv/en/live-tv/k-content-by-cj-enm

(I don't like how Pluto TV is set up and rarely watch anything on it.)

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Netflix subscribers:

Netflix Secret Codes 2022: Full List of Codes for Hidden Content
https://www.cloudwards.net/netflix-secret-codes/

Korean codes:

Korean Crime Thrillers
https://www.netflix.com/browse/genre/434

K-Dramas for Beginners
https://www.netflix.com/browse/genre/2953105

Korean Drama Movies
https://www.netflix.com/browse/genre/1989

Korean Movies
https://www.netflix.com/browse/genre/5685

Korean Sci-Fi & Fantasy
https://www.netflix.com/browse/genre/859

Korean TV Shows
https://www.netflix.com/browse/genre/67879

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I just finished Green Mothers' Club. Thanks to people here for recommending it. And of course, I mainly watched it because of Chun Hui (I still call her Hwa Young from LW :lol: I like watching her). But wow, when someone here said that I had to go through the toxic part before getting to the good part, that was a lot of toxicity :lol:
[spoiler]How many years did she get? They didn't talk about why she's released from prison. And please, I hope she's not back with her husband. She really has bad taste in men, but great chemistry with women ^o)

And what did Henry said to his dad in the hospital that made him scared? That Henry saw it because he's afraid of opened window?

For a while I was annoyed with Eun Pyo for just being angry at Jin Ha for taking her man, and she was hardly angry with Louis. I feel for Jin Ha, she's such a sad person.[/spoiler]

Anyway, I feel like rewatching Little Women because I like that pairing more, and there's some really romantic shit :shifty:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

So my current dramas are ending this week and next week. Any rec? I watched Shadow Detective, it was ok so far for 1st episode. Anyone watched Gaus Electronics?

myka4hg
Reactions: 44

Post by myka4hg »

I finally finished Hometown Cha Cha Cha. I really enjoyed it. It was such a lovely little story, so touching & emotional. I cried my eyes out at the last few episodes. I loved all the characters & all their stories. Highly recommend.
1 Image

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

myka4hg wrote:
03 Nov 2022, 00:10
I finally finished Hometown Cha Cha Cha. I really enjoyed it. It was such a lovely little story, so touching & emotional. I cried my eyes out at the last few episodes. I loved all the characters & all their stories. Highly recommend.
I was just thinking about this! I was going to ask if you kept going. What was your opinion on the lesbian storyline? I'm hoping you understood why I said it was important, but also didn’t have the best outcome.

myka4hg

Post by myka4hg »

Guest wrote:
03 Nov 2022, 01:19
myka4hg wrote:
03 Nov 2022, 00:10
I was just thinking about this! I was going to ask if you kept going. What was your opinion on the lesbian storyline? I'm hoping you understood why I said it was important, but also didn’t have the best outcome.
I thought it was good. Obviously it was not what I was expecting, I assumed because I'd heard there was wlw rep in this that it'd be a relationship. However, I was okay with how it played out. [spoiler]I was actually happy Hwa Jeong got back together with her husband, especially after seeing the effect their separation was having on their son. Cho-Hui's storyline was also handled well so I wasn't really bothered that they kept her single. I think all the characters had great storylines. I really loved how it was just a show about people & their relationships & connections to other people. Very touching. I love all that sentimental drama. :rofl: [/spoiler]

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

[spoiler= Questions regarding Glitch]I have two questions regarding Glitch (Watching it right now and these questions were lingering in my mind)

Is the symbol that we keep seeing supposed to represent something? The one that is formed in episode 2 by the butterflies and cockroaches.

Glue sniffing was mentioned in the earlier episodes and I was wondering if that's supposed to be taken literal. Bo-ra so far hasn't acknowledged or entertained the idea that she talked her into it or that any of it was her fault. It's just Ji-Hyo who keeps mentioning it and Bo-Ra seems to be annoyed at being accused over something she (possibly) didn't do. At school a girl told Ji-Hyo that she shouldn't talk to Bo-Ra causes she "sniffed glue with the boys" and Ji-Hyo also blames her disappearance on "sniffing glue" as well (while the flashback just shows her consuming alcohol, the only substance Bo-ra mentioned in the past). Now what if sniffing glue isn't to be taken at face value, just like the aliens? What if it actually means getting intimate with someone? Perhaps a reason as to why in the flashbacks Bo-Ra is painted as a glue-sniffing delinquent and in the present she mentioned being bullied for being seen as a lesbian. We all know Ji-Hyo is quite the unreliable narrator and that she has major hangups about compulsory heteronormativity and the need to live a "normal life", so her pushing out of what happened during their special night together (possibly just a kiss, I mean they were kids) does seem plausible. Especially in the context of what the show is truly about.
[/spoiler]

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

there’s this cute gl webdrama called “she makes my heart flutter” on youtube y’all should check out, there’s young lesbians, older lesbians, friendships, romances, family… so far lighthearted and funny but also heartwarming. same studio who made ‘out of breath’

so far theres 4 episodes out and there’s amusing details like the older character’s lesbian cafe bar business called “Dickinson’s room” and one friend asking her other friends to choose between han sohee and lee dahee as their ideal woman to go on a date (funnily enough the eng subs changed it kstew and cate lmao)

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
04 Nov 2022, 03:59
[spoiler= Questions regarding Glitch]I have two questions regarding Glitch (Watching it right now and these questions were lingering in my mind)

Is the symbol that we keep seeing supposed to represent something? The one that is formed in episode 2 by the butterflies and cockroaches.

Glue sniffing was mentioned in the earlier episodes and I was wondering if that's supposed to be taken literal. Bo-ra so far hasn't acknowledged or entertained the idea that she talked her into it or that any of it was her fault. It's just Ji-Hyo who keeps mentioning it and Bo-Ra seems to be annoyed at being accused over something she (possibly) didn't do. At school a girl told Ji-Hyo that she shouldn't talk to Bo-Ra causes she "sniffed glue with the boys" and Ji-Hyo also blames her disappearance on "sniffing glue" as well (while the flashback just shows her consuming alcohol, the only substance Bo-ra mentioned in the past). Now what if sniffing glue isn't to be taken at face value, just like the aliens? What if it actually means getting intimate with someone? Perhaps a reason as to why in the flashbacks Bo-Ra is painted as a glue-sniffing delinquent and in the present she mentioned being bullied for being seen as a lesbian. We all know Ji-Hyo is quite the unreliable narrator and that she has major hangups about compulsory heteronormativity and the need to live a "normal life", so her pushing out of what happened during their special night together (possibly just a kiss, I mean they were kids) does seem plausible. Especially in the context of what the show is truly about.
[/spoiler]
[spoiler]
1. I'm not sure about those symbols. I can't really answer that, sorry.

2. It will be revealed soon in episode 8. But you know how Glitch have so many vague layers beneath the surface. It can be. Depends on the viewer.

Do tell me your thoughts about Hongji and Bora in episode 10 :hudoin: [/spoiler]

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Watching Flower of Evil on Netflix. It has suspense and the basic premise has been done before in movies and other tv series, but I'm at ep 5 and so far, so good.

(It's also a relief to watch a K drama that refrains from having scenes of men yelling to make a point or show anger, and during dining scenes don't have them eating like hogs at a trough.)

myka4hg

Post by myka4hg »

Is there any wlw in Inspector Koo?

Crime drama is my least favourite genre so I would really need an added incentive to watch this.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

myka4hg wrote:
07 Nov 2022, 14:00

Crime drama is my least favourite genre so I would really need an added incentive to watch this.
No they have a gay couple but no wlw.
Lee Young Ae is one of S. Koreas legendary female actress and it’s a women centric drama.
You can give a try.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Regarding Behing Every Star aka, Korean Call My Agent. Looks like they made the lesbian character into straight, just saw the bar scene with Gabriel and she’s ignoring him talking and checking out a man (for those who watched the original, it’s just like it).
It’s a shame because it looks like they are copying every episode as it is, no original story whatsoever. Koreans are weaklings, such an advanced country and they are afraid of gay people

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
07 Nov 2022, 17:17
Regarding Behing Every Star aka, Korean Call My Agent. Looks like they made the lesbian character into straight, just saw the bar scene with Gabriel and she’s ignoring him talking and checking out a man (for those who watched the original, it’s just like it).
It’s a shame because it looks like they are copying every episode as it is, no original story whatsoever. Koreans are weaklings, such an advanced country and they are afraid of gay people
Yeah, I’m disappointed. I was optimistic when they chose that actress from Inspector Koo to play the character. =_=

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

myka4hg wrote:

How many kdramas have you watched and how many of them included wlw?
And I don't mean web series.
I think its fair to say that if you want to watch a kdrama produced by and for a korean television network you are not going to be finding a wlw pot of gold in them.
Watch for the actresses in them, because many of them are damn good, and hope that the ones you like make a movie where they play a lez.

[spoiler]

There's a girl right next to you
And she's just waitin' for something to do

And there's a rose in a fisted glove
And the eagle flies with the dove
And if you can't be with the one you love, honey
Love the one you're with
Love the one you're with
Love the one you're with
[/spoiler]

myka4hg

Post by myka4hg »

Guest wrote:
08 Nov 2022, 06:13
myka4hg wrote:

I think its fair to say that if you want to watch a kdrama produced by and for a korean television network you are not going to be finding a wlw pot of gold in them.
Watch for the actresses in them, because many of them are damn good, and hope that the ones you like make a movie where they play a lez.

[spoiler]

Love the one you're with
Love the one you're with
Love the one you're with
[/spoiler]
I'm not looking for hot, passionate, canon wlw.
I'll settle for "no heterosexual explanation for this" subtext.
Of which, Little Women, Green Mothers' Club, Glitch, All of Us Are Dead & Twenty Five, Twenty One all qualify.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

myka4hg wrote:
08 Nov 2022, 14:35
Guest wrote:
myka4hg wrote:

[spoiler]

Love the one you're with
Love the one you're with
Love the one you're with
[/spoiler]
Of which, Little Women, Green Mothers' Club, Glitch, All of Us Are Dead & Twenty Five, Twenty One all qualify.
DA.

How about Matrimonial Chaos? The sister of the main character (Inspector Koo) and her roommate (Attorney woo) are definitely gay for each other. They were working towards a reveal (especially after one came out as gay) but then sort of dropped the plotline until we found out that they attended a wedding together and also moved in together (though they move into an appartment with a mother and her kid too, which was probably to make it as tame as possible for the straights)

myka4hg

Post by myka4hg »

Guest wrote:
08 Nov 2022, 23:52
myka4hg wrote:
08 Nov 2022, 14:35
Guest wrote:
myka4hg wrote:

[spoiler]

Love the one you're with
Love the one you're with
Love the one you're with
[/spoiler]
DA.

How about Matrimonial Chaos? The sister of the main character (Inspector Koo) and her roommate (Attorney woo) are definitely gay for each other. They were working towards a reveal (especially after one came out as gay) but then sort of dropped the plotline until we found out that they attended a wedding together and also moved in together (though they move into an appartment with a mother and her kid too, which was probably to make it as tame as possible for the straights)
Yep that will do, thank you very much!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
04 Nov 2022, 06:29
there’s this cute gl webdrama called “she makes my heart flutter” on youtube y’all should check out, there’s young lesbians, older lesbians, friendships, romances, family… so far lighthearted and funny but also heartwarming. same studio who made ‘out of breath’

so far theres 4 episodes out and there’s amusing details like the older character’s lesbian cafe bar business called “Dickinson’s room” and one friend asking her other friends to choose between han sohee and lee dahee as their ideal woman to go on a date (funnily enough the eng subs changed it kstew and cate lmao)
I love this Webdrama too and I think everyone should watch it and donate!

Do you understand Korean? That's hilarious about Lee Dahee and Han Sohee

The first series the studio made was also pretty great.

If only she got a Netflix deal haha

I was hoping Behind Every Star would have subtext too. They chose that actress on purpose! I'll check out Matrimonial Chaos, I want a good drama with female subtext too

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
07 Nov 2022, 18:23
Guest wrote:
Yeah, I’m disappointed. I was optimistic when they chose that actress from Inspector Koo to play the character. =_=
:Rofl: My expectation for the lesbian content here has been ZERO :rofl: (2021 was a truly bizarre year yes) I - don't watch drama other than some exceptions - don't know any of the main cast other than Lee Seo-jin. He is known to the mainstream, ordinary Koreans. Original Andrea has two things going on that's never going to go well with the ordinary masses. 1) Lesbian but also 2) Super slut

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 Nov 2022, 11:01
Guest wrote:
07 Nov 2022, 18:23
Guest wrote:
:Rofl: My expectation for the lesbian content here has been ZERO :rofl: (2021 was a truly bizarre year yes) I - don't watch drama other than some exceptions - don't know any of the main cast other than Lee Seo-jin. He is known to the mainstream, ordinary Koreans. Original Andrea has two things going on that's never going to go well with the ordinary masses. 1) Lesbian but also 2) Super slut
Damn I was looking forward to it. I'm bummed now :'(

By the way, where do you watch dramas? I had an awesome website but subs are not working anymore

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Watched the first two episodes of Behind every Star, and knowing the original, this is such a letdown.

It's a frame by frame copy-paste, they even had the same furniture for the agency (the famous yellow couch and patterned rug). Chun is pretty much like Andréa, except they've erased the gay away - from the first episodes I saw. She's still a "player" so to speak so her female one night stands have been replaced by guys. Meh.

The guy playing the Korean version of Hervé is a bit over the top. In the original, they knew how to keep a certain balance, and he definitely lacks the sass. Probably a culture thing.

The newbie is played by the other half of "Woo to the young to the Woo" (Woo Young-woo's best friend) and I had a hard time recognizing her because her voice is very different in this one.

Honestly, I'm disappointed so far but I'll stick with it until I see how they deal with Male!Colette, because a bit part of season one was Andréa trying to seduce her because duh, and accidentally falling in love.

I don't see the series working, especially when the original (and superior) version is readily available globally on Netflix as well.

Imma cleanse my eyes with lovely "She makes my heart flutter" :heart:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I hope Behind Every Star flops. Korean producers have no fucking shame. I already hate the fans creaming themselves over Andrea and her male flirts

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Lchat, you didn't let me down.

Green Mother's Club is basically a GL TV show!

I couldn't believe it by the ending.

[spoiler]Even Eun Pyo's husband asked her, "what does this woman mean to you?"[/spoiler]

Can't believe I ever disbelieved you lchat! :lol:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
10 Nov 2022, 10:13

[spoiler]Even Eun Pyo's husband asked her, "what does this woman mean to you?"[/spoiler]

Yeah, I absolutely loved the ending [spoiler]They got their happy ending together and no men in sight[/spoiler]

myka4hg

Post by myka4hg »

Guest wrote:
10 Nov 2022, 10:13

Glad you enjoyed it. It will always be one of my favourites. I think they did it so well, the ending is so open. It kinda lets you make of it what you want.
[spoiler]If you're straight, you can believe Eun Pyo lived happily ever after with her husband.
But if you're gay, you can believe she dumped his ass and walked off into the sunset with Chun Hee. :rofl: [/spoiler]
1 Image

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
06 Nov 2022, 08:09

Watching Flower of Evil on Netflix. It has suspense and the basic premise has been done before in movies and other tv series, but I'm at ep 5 and so far, so good.

(It's also a relief to watch a K drama that refrains from having scenes of men yelling to make a point or show anger, and during dining scenes don't have them eating like hogs at a trough.)
I've finished watching FoE. It is a suspense rollercoaster and almost at the final episode there's a surprise. Granted, if you watch enough thriller police procedurals (be they British, American, or Scandinavian) you will figure out some of the mystery before the reveal, but where the stories differ is in the character arcs and the performance of the actors, and it's what keeps me watching to the end.

Moon Chae-won plays a detective who discovers that the man she fell in love with and married has a dangerous secret. I had not seen her in anything before now, and now I'm hooked.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
11 Nov 2022, 04:30
Guest wrote:

I've finished watching FoE. It is a suspense rollercoaster and almost at the final episode there's a surprise. Granted, if you watch enough thriller police procedurals (be they British, American, or Scandinavian) you will figure out some of the mystery before the reveal, but where the stories differ is in the character arcs and the performance of the actors, and it's what keeps me watching to the end.

Moon Chae-won plays a detective who discovers that the man she fell in love with and married has a dangerous secret. I had not seen her in anything before now, and now I'm hooked.
I'm watching FoE now too and it's promising! Good acting and thrilling and I like that Moon Chae-won plays a cool detective

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
11 Nov 2022, 11:28
[spoiler]
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

[/spoiler]

I'm watching FoE now too and it's promising! Good acting and thrilling and I like that Moon Chae-won plays a cool detective
I love it when series and movies feature strong women. When they stand up for themselves, when showing emotions doesn't turn into weakness, when they do what must be done even if it hurts, it rings my bells. Chae-won's character ticks all the right boxes in this series.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Not lesbian related but more how obtuse heteros are. I was reading Reddit on one of the kdrama. I knew early on two of the actors are implied to be in a relationship. One of them patted the other guy’s leg and there’s also the way they look at each other. Being gay, I got it rightaway.

I’m so shocked that most of these heteros really need it to be spelt out. So it’s really not just knetz, even non-knetz can be so blind to all of Kdramas subtext unless they spell it out to our faces which let’s be real, very rare. So I’m not surprised how they are so blind to Little Women or idols’ sexuality. Heteros really think everyone is straight and if they’re gay it’s because they go out of their way to be gay.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

They won’t give us anything like Mine while this government is in power.
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

omo, Naksu is pretty. I can't wait for AoS/2. I do hope Jung So Min reappears again.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 Nov 2022, 20:58
omo, Naksu is pretty. I can't wait for AoS/2. I do hope Jung So Min reappears again.
I hope so, too. The blind girl‘s story can’t be over yet.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
11 Nov 2022, 13:07
Guest wrote:
[spoiler]
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

[/spoiler]

I love it when series and movies feature strong women. When they stand up for themselves, when showing emotions doesn't turn into weakness, when they do what must be done even if it hurts, it rings my bells. Chae-won's character ticks all the right boxes in this series.
Yes, I really like how the trope is turned on its head and she's strong, able to show emotions, and yet[spoiler] the saviour of the male protagonist. [/spoiler] I mean, I'd nitpick that she was [spoiler]overly obsessed at turning his character into a good guy through 'the power of love' which seems to be a hetero thing where women think they can turn 'bad boys' into good people? Which is like a gateway to abuse. But otherwise good character[/spoiler]

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 Nov 2022, 21:19
Guest wrote:
I think it will be dealt with since she's the lost daughter of the powerful sorceress and the impostor was busted. They can't just drop it as if the revelation of her powers didn't happen. Jung So-min is supposed to appear in a guest role in s2.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 Nov 2022, 04:18
Guest wrote:
11 Nov 2022, 13:07
Guest wrote:
[spoiler]
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

[/spoiler]

Yes, I really like how the trope is turned on its head and she's strong, able to show emotions, and yet[spoiler] the saviour of the male protagonist. [/spoiler] I mean, I'd nitpick that she was [spoiler]overly obsessed at turning his character into a good guy through 'the power of love' which seems to be a hetero thing where women think they can turn 'bad boys' into good people? Which is like a gateway to abuse. But otherwise good character[/spoiler]
[spoiler]"overly obsessed at turning his character into a good guy through 'the power of love"

I can see where you're coming from, but this isn't my take on it. He is someone who is uncomfortable in showing affection, and she accepted this weirdness in him because in many subtle ways he shows that he loves her, and he loves their daughter without hesitation.

He's not good, he's not bad. He's like a blank slate.

She married a man that she begins to realize everything she thought about him is turning on its head. Is he really who she suspect him to be? So what does she do? She conducts her own investigation and what she finds shocks her. But when she begins to dig deeper, she tries to save him from himself, and protect their marriage. She's not trying to turn a "bad boy" into a good one because nothing about him has been the behavior of a "bad boy". He's not a rebel and a rules breaker, and hasn't behaved that way.[/spoiler]

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 Nov 2022, 20:26
[spoiler][/spoiler]
They can take it away from school textbooks, but can they take it away from youtube and the media?

Still pretty shocking to have a government voted in by incels

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 Nov 2022, 07:42
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
I think it will be dealt with since she's the lost daughter of the powerful sorceress and the impostor was busted. They can't just drop it as if the revelation of her powers didn't happen. Jung So-min is supposed to appear in a guest role in s2.
It will also be interesting to see if Go Younjung can deliver Naksu the way Jung So Min played her. Her character must match with JSM’s portrayel. A real challenge for an actress.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 Nov 2022, 13:17
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
It will also be interesting to see if Go Younjung can deliver Naksu the way Jung So Min played her. Her character must match with JSM’s portrayel. A real challenge for an actress.
A little confused here, but JSM was portraying Naksu who is trap in Mueh-dok’s body, so technically she’s the House of Jin’s powerful missing daughter not the cold blooded assassin Naksu who was played by Go Younjung in the first episode. So it’s really GYJ is coming back to her original character, no? They are both not the same.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 Nov 2022, 13:36
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
A little confused here, but JSM was portraying Naksu who is trap in Mueh-dok’s body, so technically she’s the House of Jin’s powerful missing daughter not the cold blooded assassin Naksu who was played by Go Younjung in the first episode. So it’s really GYJ is coming back to her original character, no? They are both not the same.
The spirit in Mu-deok's body was Naksu the whole time. She acted from Naksu's point of view and tried to achieve her goals. Mu-deok was in the same body but in the background. She had control of her body for a few seconds as they attempted to kill Mu-deok/Naksu in front of her mother. Apart from that, Naksu was always in control. Everything that has happened since Episode 1 has changed Naksu's entire spirit and character. Why would she come back like nothing happened to her?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 Nov 2022, 14:09
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

The spirit in Mu-deok's body was Naksu the whole time. She acted from Naksu's point of view and tried to achieve her goals. Mu-deok was in the same body but in the background. She had control of her body for a few seconds as they attempted to kill Mu-deok/Naksu in front of her mother. Apart from that, Naksu was always in control. Everything that has happened since Episode 1 has changed Naksu's entire spirit and character. Why would she come back like nothing happened to her?
Thank you anon for explaining it. I think I’m going to rewatch season 1 again now. I did skip a lot during most of the het scenes and may have missed important parts.😊🤗

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 Nov 2022, 20:26
[spoiler][/spoiler]
When I was growing up no one talked about gender and sexual orientation, but that didn't stop me from preferring to be around girls more than boys. And it didn't stop me from being attracted to a girl. When I was at university I began to search where I could find women who were like me. And I did.

Young ones today have access to 1000x the information I had access to. Filmmakers are still going to make movies that include homosexual females, and films with them will still be released in South Korea. And K will still have Netflix, Melon and other streamers where they can find content that isn't all-hetero all the time.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 Nov 2022, 15:40
Guest wrote:
13 Nov 2022, 14:09
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Thank you anon for explaining it. I think I’m going to rewatch season 1 again now. I did skip a lot during most of the het scenes and may have missed important parts.😊🤗

I have seen Go Yoon Jung in Law School but didn’t recognise her in the first ep of AoS. Good for her that she is getting different type of roles. However, K audience seems to have similar thoughts about this switch from JSM to GYJ. GYJ has to do some magic as an actress if they really want to push her as Naksu with all the memories she made as Mu-deok.

[spoiler]Article: Alchemy of Souls 2' releases new group poster to ecstatic reaction 'Jung So Min -> Go Yoon Jung'

Source: Insight via Instagram

1. [+169] If the switching of the actresses doesn't feel natural, I don't think I'll continue watching.. What I don't really understand is how Naksoo's physical body was burnt to nothing but she's back in season two with the same face.. I'll keep watching if they explain it in a way that makes sense

2. [+68] It's just moving along according to the story... 'Alchemy of Souls 2' fighting

3. [+41] I don't want to watch the second season... because there's no Jung So Min... ㅜㅠ

4. [+42] Go Yoon Jung's face was such a perfect match for the cold type of character that Naksoo is but Moodeok is Moodeok after all ㅋ I wish her the best, but I do think I'll feel sad if Moodeok isn't as we remember her ㅜ

5. [+33] Then is Jung So Min going to be Jin Boo Yeon? It'll be fun if she's retained some memories since she did used to live as Naksoo and Moodeok after all

6. [+13] Naksoo = Moodeok, Moodeok = Jin Boo Yeon... so will Jung So Min come back as Jin Boo Yeon!!!!!!?

7. [+9] I don't know.. I've watched a lot of dramas but it's always difficult to have the lead actress swap out without it feeling unnatural.. Moodeok leaving?/ ㅜㅜ it'll feel like Wook is cheating.. unless the producers have a surprise up their sleaves and is keeping Moodeok private 😢

8. [+8] Moodeokie ㅜㅜ come back as Jin Boo Yeon!!!!

9. [+3] Jung So Min has to come back as Jin Boo Yeon. Maybe in a flashback scene or some type of special featuring, even if she's not going to be a leading name in season two.

10. [+23] It's not the changing of the actresses that bothers me but that Naksoo's body has been burnt

11. [+3] I think it's more unfortunate because they're switching out the actresses without fitting the story, I wish So Min unni would keep it going ㅜㅜ

12. [+3] Naksoo is originally Go Yoon Jung so it wouldn't be weird... and the main character is supposed to be Naksoo, so..

http://netizenbuzz.blogspot.com/2022/11 ... w.html?m=1[/spoiler]

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 Nov 2022, 10:33
Guest wrote:
04 Nov 2022, 06:29

I love this Webdrama too and I think everyone should watch it and donate!

Do you understand Korean? That's hilarious about Lee Dahee and Han Sohee

The first series the studio made was also pretty great.

If only she got a Netflix deal haha

I was hoping Behind Every Star would have subtext too. They chose that actress on purpose! I'll check out Matrimonial Chaos, I want a good drama with female subtext too
this was great indeed! i also laughed a lot when they had that dahee/sohee moment (i understand korean so i didn't noticed the kstew/cate caps... but once i've seen the same translation for a hideko/sook-hee debate)

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I can't read Korean and in English the title is "Live Up to Your Name". Is this how it really translates? Because the title is the reason why I didn't watch it until this week, when a friend said I should give it a chance. Well, imo the title is dumb, but I wound up liking this show. In fact, I couldn't stop watching it. Kim Nam-gil is delightful, and Kim Ah-joong is a pleasant discovery for me.

It's about a doctor (acupuncturist) who unwittingly time travels 400 years into the future, and she's a cardiac surgeon. Their paths cross after he wakes up in modern Seul, and then keep crossing. Until she reluctantly helps him. The time travel happens more than once, with him going back to his time, and pulling her into the phenomena.

It's a dramedy, with the first half being most of the comedy, and the second half becoming more dramatic. A good escapist show. Definitely recommend it.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Nov 2022, 17:09
I can't read Korean and in English the title is "Live Up to Your Name". Is this how it really translates?
Yes. If anyone can read Chinese, those four characters are exactly: 名不虛傳 too.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
16 Nov 2022, 02:15
Guest wrote:
15 Nov 2022, 17:09
I can't read Korean and in English the title is "Live Up to Your Name". Is this how it really translates?
Yes. If anyone can read Chinese, those four characters are exactly: 名不虛傳 too.
Thank you.

/op