24 Oct 2022, 21:07
Guest wrote:
24 Oct 2022, 19:38
Guest wrote:
24 Oct 2022, 15:32
Guest wrote:
23 Oct 2022, 22:01
Do you think Soojin will ever come back? :'(
No, never. People need to let this go; believing there's a chance is serious copium.

[spoiler]The thing is that for some reason I find it hard to believe that the girls would just let things go, especially Soyeon. I understand that there's nothing they can do now but maybe later on, down the line they will be able to. I don't see them staying in cube for the long run, so maybe they could change to another company and Soojin joins them then, idk. It all feels so unfair and unfinished. But yeah, you are right. We have to let it go.[/spoiler]
[spoiler]DA with all due respect I don't get this mentality, yeah they were good friends with Soojins and there is a more than decent change they all still privately keep in touch but why would they risk their career which is going great to bring her back. The only chance is in like 10 years a picture might come out of soojin at like a members wedding or something or the 1% chance Soojin randomly becomes a soloist and they interact at a music show. [/spoiler]
[spoiler]Honestly, your point is fair. I just meant that the girls tend to hold on certain grudges, like the video that was posted before of Soyeon talking about the person that was against nxde or how she has mentioned before how the company sometimes doesn’t support her ideas. I’m not saying she has a resentful nature but she (and the other girls as well) do keep in mind those kind of stuff. They are all very protective of one another so I assume that extends to what happened with Soojin as well, which cube clearly handled awfully. I don’t think bringing her back would risk their careers and like I mentioned, I see it happening further down the line. They are still merely beginning, only 4 years in (3 if you discount the year that they were mostly on hiatus). But I'm aware that it's mostly wishful thinking, the most likely scenario is that nothing will ever happen and if we are lucky enough we may get a pic of Soojin at some point.[/spoiler]

Reactions:

Re: (G)-idle

Post by Guest »

Vibe just updated!! #1!! Once genie updates in an hour we’ll be in PAK land. :wub:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
24 Oct 2022, 20:43
Guest wrote:
24 Oct 2022, 19:21
Guest wrote:
24 Oct 2022, 17:12
:rofl:
Soojin would have found her so cute in that costume :wub:
I wonder if she watches the girls videos or if it's too painful to do so... Before she left, she mentioned that she would usually watch Shuhua's fancams.
It’s funny, sometimes I can clearly imagine what Soojin’s reactions would be to certain things. Almost as if she was right there with them all along. Others I can't help but think about what would be different if she was there, like the pepero kiss between Shuhua and Miyeon. If Soojin was still in the group, Shuhua would have wanted to do it with her lol
DA I love how defeated Shuhua looks as she walks in :rofl:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
24 Oct 2022, 22:04
Vibe just updated!! #1!! Once genie updates in an hour we’ll be in PAK land. :wub:
Great!!! that makes me so happy, the girls deserve this so much. They are going to be so happy.
(G)I-DLE's karma is a real thing.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
24 Oct 2022, 22:16
Guest wrote:
Great!!! that makes me so happy, the girls deserve this so much. They are going to be so happy.
It went #10 on Genie now, damn

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
24 Oct 2022, 22:22
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
That’s normal. Those are Ajuma hours for streaming their trot king. :eyeroll: give it an hour or two and we’ll have genie back.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Are there any sooshu shippers left here? I imagine most, if not all, of them left.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Oh I'm so happy this thread is active again. Nice to see you all ! :dance2:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
24 Oct 2022, 22:26
Guest wrote:
24 Oct 2022, 22:22
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
That’s normal. Those are Ajuma hours for streaming their trot king. :eyeroll: give it an hour or two and we’ll have genie back.
lmao ok good, let's hope it does!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
24 Oct 2022, 22:45
Oh I'm so happy this thread is active again. Nice to see you all ! :dance2:
I was about to say the same thing. Let's hope it keeps up this way.
It's nice to have a place to talk about the girls.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
24 Oct 2022, 21:00
Guest wrote:
24 Oct 2022, 20:38
[spoiler]
Guest wrote:
24 Oct 2022, 20:23
Guest wrote:
24 Oct 2022, 20:10
Guest wrote:
24 Oct 2022, 19:55

Soyeon moved out and has her own place. I believe Shuhua lives with a friend (she's not living with any of the girls). Miyeon moved in with Minnie and Yuqi. However, there have been a few small things mentioned lately that make me suspect Minnie might not live with Yuqi and Miyeon anymore, but I could be wrong.
Wow, I didn't expect that... I mean I'm not surprised about Soyeon, it was obvious that she was going to be one of the first in getting her own place, girl likes her space. But I'm quite surprised about Shuhua, I assumed foreign line would remain at the dorms for a bit longer than the others for obvious reasons. Does Shuhua has that many friends in korea? I'm baffled. I mean her group of friends outside of the band, are the other taiwanese idols. I doubt she's living with any of them... or maybe she is? who knows at this point.
TBH I think a big part of it was practicality. All of the dorm changes seemed to have happened during the hiatus. Soyeon moved out sometime in the spring or summer of 2021 I believe. With the foreign line back in their home countries and Soojin out of the group, it was just Miyeon in the old dorm. They probably consolidated things with Miyeon moving into Yuqi and Minnie's dorm because Shuhua was gone and cube wouldn't have to pay for 2 dorms during the hiatus. I mean, I'm sure Shuhua has plenty of friends.. she's an idol lol. I can't remember specifically where it was confirmed she's living with a friend but that's the currently known info we have right now.
Yeah, it makes sense on the practicality matter (for cube to move them around so they don't have to pay for 2 dorms, we all know how broke they are lol) still, I didn't imagine this. Well, as long as they are happy and comfortable that's all that matters. Their relationship and interactions this cb seem to be even better so maybe having more space from each other was a good decision. Thanks a lot for being patient and answering anon. [/spoiler]

Last question, what happened to Haku and Matta? are they still living with Shuhua? I haven't seen pictures of them in a while, Shuhua used to post about them constantly.
Fairly certain they're still with Shuhua. They were in photos with her she did for a CF shoot a month or so ago.
I see, thanks once again anon! I hope we get to see them soon.
It would be fun to have the girls to do a live or something.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

:wub: And there’s the PAK! Grats ladies!! Well deserved.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
24 Oct 2022, 23:02
:wub: And there’s the PAK! Grats ladies!! Well deserved.
Finally!! :grouphug: Let's hope we maintain it that way for some time.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Breaking records!!!!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
24 Oct 2022, 23:52
Breaking records!!!!
First group in 6 years and first group out of a big3 company!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

:rofl: :rofl:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Only Idol Groups to achieve a Perfect All-Kill with multiple songs in the same calendar year:

#2NE1 (2011) [Lonely, I Am The Best]
#BIGBANG (2015) [LOSER, Let's Not Fall In Love]
#TWICE (2016) [CHEER UP, TT]
#GIDLE (2022) [TOMBOY, Nxde]

https://twitter.com/kchartsmaster/statu ... 9520952327

I'm so so so so proud of them.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Daesangs now please! Although blackpink will probably take GG of the year even though born pink was incredibly mid =_= :eyeroll:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Any clue as to what the girls upcoming schedule is looking like?
We have that episode with kb coming up and no idea of what else. Probably gonna get some vlive celebrating nxde success?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 Oct 2022, 00:47
Any clue as to what the girls upcoming schedule is looking like?
We have that episode with kb coming up and no idea of what else. Probably gonna get some vlive celebrating nxde success?
Music shows are the big thing that are starting up now. The Show on the 25th, Show! Champion on the 26th, M Countdown on the 27th, Music Bank on the 28th and Music Core on the 29th.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 Oct 2022, 00:42
Daesangs now please! Although blackpink will probably take GG of the year even though born pink was incredibly mid =_= :eyeroll:
Those award shows have a beef with yg, bp has never won a daesang for anything. Isn't ive the bigger competitor here?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I love how Miyeon just comes barreling in to try to hug Shuhua. Their dynamic hasn't changed much from debut lol.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 Oct 2022, 07:55
Guest wrote:
25 Oct 2022, 00:42
Those award shows have a beef with yg, bp has never won a daesang for anything. Isn't ive the bigger competitor here?
BP won multiple daesangs in 2020 at MAMA…

But no, IVE is up for ROTY so they are excluded from the GGOTY category. BP is really the competition in that category because of their numbers.

(I’m only talking about MAMA btw bc the noms just came out).

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Soyeon calling Yuqi 자기야 ahhh yuyeon

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

So proud of them. This was in part their purpose with that song.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 Oct 2022, 13:27
I love how Miyeon just comes barreling in to try to hug Shuhua. Their dynamic hasn't changed much from debut lol.

lol no it hasn't changed much, Miyeon is still heart eyes when around Shuhua but at least now Shuhua is far more open to it and less hostile towards her.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Let's go!!!! :dance2: first win of many, I'm sure.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Whenever I need a cheer me up I watch this account's videos:

I wish they still made some but I respect their decision. They remain a fan but will no longer create videos.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 Oct 2022, 17:29

I wish they still made some but I respect their decision. They remain a fan but will no longer create videos.
these are classic!

this one is also gold lmao:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

This has to be one of the softest videos of these two. :wub:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 Oct 2022, 18:16
Guest wrote:
25 Oct 2022, 17:29

these are classic!

this one is also gold lmao:

:rofl: for sure!!! It's been a while since I last watched the one you posted, they are genuinely so chaotic that it's both amusing and draining lmao. I laughed so hard at the end with Yuqi praising Soojin for the cookie she made by calling her "Picassol" and Soyeon just goes along until it clicks what Yuqi said and says "what picassol lol"

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Idle's variety skill are really the best in kpop in my opinion. I first discovered them when I was kind of depressed and their content made me laugh for the first time in a long while. It helped me feel better and less sad.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 Oct 2022, 19:43
Idle's variety skill are really the best in kpop in my opinion. I first discovered them when I was kind of depressed and their content made me laugh for the first time in a long while. It helped me feel better and less sad.
For real. Secret folder is legendary!! And Yuqi on learn way might be my favorite variety content ever. :wub:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Aw anon. I'm glad they helped brighten up your day at least a little bit during some hard times. I genuinely hope you are better now. :hug: I'm going through a bit of a hard time lately, well.. truly this whole year has been really tough but now reconnecting with the girls and watching their videos have been very healing. At least it eases my mind for a while and makes me laugh.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 Oct 2022, 20:50
Guest wrote:
For real. Secret folder is legendary!! And Yuqi on learn way might be my favorite variety content ever. :wub:
DA Secret folder is absolutely hilarious and remains number one. There were far to many iconic moments in that series.

They actually have so so many shows in which they have appeared that it's hard to pick a favorite. What I have noticed though is that most of their variety shows videos have over 500k, most even going into 1 millions views or more. People find them quite charming and funny, they have a good chemistry and play off each other really so well that even if you aren't a fan, you can't help but get caught up in the mood and laugh along.

What is or are your favorites anons?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 Oct 2022, 19:09
This has to be one of the softest videos of these two. :wub:

Made the mistake of listening to Soojin's pick of song (I love you by Billie Eillish) and now I'm literally crying. Great.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

She was ready to throw some hands lmao

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 Oct 2022, 23:13
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
DA Secret folder is absolutely hilarious and remains number one. There were far to many iconic moments in that series.

They actually have so so many shows in which they have appeared that it's hard to pick a favorite. What I have noticed though is that most of their variety shows videos have over 500k, most even going into 1 millions views or more. People find them quite charming and funny, they have a good chemistry and play off each other really so well that even if you aren't a fan, you can't help but get caught up in the mood and laugh along.

Their recent episode on Street Alcohol Fighter was SO FUNNY.

I think 2020 was peak variety for them. You really can't go wrong with anything from that year. Oh My God promos were god tier lol.

The sheer chaos of this one I can't hahaha

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

these girls never rest jc :blinkwide:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 Oct 2022, 23:39
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Their recent episode on Street Alcohol Fighter was SO FUNNY.

I think 2020 was peak variety for them. You really can't go wrong with anything from that year. Oh My God promos were god tier lol.

The sheer chaos of this one I can't hahaha
Oh yeah!! that one was absolutely hilarious as well. The girls were so cute and funny while doing the 'guessing the item in the box' segment. They made such a big mess out of the simplest less threatening object ever lmao Yuqi going "yah why is it so moist? ...is it peeing?" was so funny. Also the girls getting scared as hell after Yuqi and Shuhua started buffling about it being alive lol getting them so worried that Soyeon, Soojin and Minnie gave up on it because of how afraid they were lmao

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
26 Oct 2022, 00:24
I love them and can't wait for whatever they have in store but I genuinely hope Cube follows through with their promise and gives them at least 1 month of vacation. They have been going at it pretty hard for quite some time and if the girls themselves are asking for it then it must be for a reason.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
me trying to imagine what soyeon's idea of fun is lmao :whistle:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
26 Oct 2022, 01:31
Guest wrote:
I hope it's another subtle gay song like OMG lol
But jokes aside, I genuinely have no idea what the next concept could possibly be. They have been all so varied.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
26 Oct 2022, 03:16
Guest wrote:
26 Oct 2022, 01:31
Guest wrote:
I hope it's another subtle gay song like OMG lol
But jokes aside, I genuinely have no idea what the next concept could possibly be. They have been all so varied.
Honestly I don't think we're gonna get another gay song. (lol the fact that OMG could even be considered "subtle" is crazy to me but I guess considering they got away with it in SK...) That song was like Soyeon wanting to get that statement out of her system and I don't think they'll revisit anything LGBT again.. maybe they will keep stuff gender neutral that's it (ugh but this last album was a bit more hetero than I liked). :sadangel:

lol anyway rant aside.. I feel like all their concepts include messaging and statements which is awesome. I like that they actually have something to say with their music and have been pushing those boundaries every cb. some people were saying "oh it could be a cute concept" but what kind of statement are you making with a cute concept? i honestly can't imagine idle doing a cute concept ugh. I like that its hard to guess what the concept could be because their concepts aren't even about visuals or a musical genre.. it's about actual societal commentary and what they want to talk about. (but if I were to want a genre concept I would love something hiphop lol. rapper yuqi!)

honestly sometimes when I listen to idle I'm not even sure if i'm listening to k-pop anymore lol.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

An underrated one which is really funny is the idol workshop series where they play a bunch of games and find out who is the spy amongst them. Their chemistry is really lightning in a bottle and can't be replicated easily.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

What's everyone's favorite song on the album? For me it's definitely Dark (X-File)! The sound and production are right up my alley, I love the vocal production, Soyeon's rap is fantastic and I find the whole concept behind it really fascinating!

Actually, is anyone else as intrigued as I am about the whole concept of the X-file? It's so mysterious, from the actual album design itself, to the teaser video and the lyrics of the actual song.. man it definitely had me borderline clowning. I'm such a sucker for a good mystery.

The first mystery was the scratched out date on the cover of the x-file album ver "2021 May." No one really knew what that was referring to while the dates on the other album covers were obvious. Then the null symbol on the member list sparked a HUGE amount of Soojin rumors.. but what is so weird about it is that the placement of the symbol isn't in the right place? The members are listed by age and the null symbol is in the wrong spot if it's meant to be Soojin... Maybe they were being cheeky and did that intentionally to not be obvious.. but its really odd because I can't see what Soojin would have to do with the x-file AT ALL considering the context of the entire concept. To me I still find it a really odd decision. What does it mean!!

However we did find out recently at least what the 2021 May date is referring to. Soyeon talked about how she actually wrote a title track in 2021 but it wasn't released and she wrote Tomboy instead. She said we can think of the "x-file" as a discarded album. It's pretty common for songs not to make it to release for various reasons, but I do wonder why she is tying this unreleased title track to the whole concept of the x-file. That's really curious to me!

It gets even MORE interesting when you actually look at the lyrics for Dark and what the X-file means in the context to the song itself. The whole song is about some sort of toxic or unhealthy relationship that has to be kept hidden because there's all these implications there will be big consequences if it's found out. The x-file itself is something that has to be hidden and destroyed as though its some sort of evidence.. like it contains evidence of this secret relationship or something. I don't really know if the x-file in the song is meant to be this literal unreleased title track Soyeon talked about but based on all the promo photos with various forms of destroyed media it definitely seems like there's strong links to that idea. I think in one of the recent i-talks soyeon even described the x-file as "the celebrity's secret." So to me this definitely affirms the idea it has something to do with how idols have to keep their relationships hidden.

Then there's the whole teaser video.. all the drinking and alcohol use ties in pretty clearly with the first verse on the song which involves drinking and drug abuse. There's also some pretty blatant fan service going on in the second half of the video lol.. but I think if we shut off our gay brain for a minute I think that whole scene is like a metaphor for how the relationship in the song seems to involve substance abuse. Then of course the phone screen with all the headlines that are negative and gossip-y, talking about rumors etc. I think its pretty plausible that this is them being self-aware of all the negative shit people said about them especially in 2021. The rumor line is interesting to me.. it would make sense with the whole idea of the x-file.

Anyway its also kind of funny that if there's any actual truth to this... girl why are you talking about the x-file if you're trying to hide it lmao. It could just be a concept but damn they really took me to clown town on this one. A whole concept about a hidden relationship in k-pop and doing things like dropping little "clues." lol that's so cruel.