Guest wrote:
02 Oct 2022, 14:54
[spoiler]
Guest wrote:
02 Oct 2022, 13:03
Guest wrote:
02 Oct 2022, 12:48
Inhye and Hyorin ended up as the gayest pairing in this show :dance2:
Another win for the gays!!! the similarities between Sook-hee & Hideko ( The Handmaiden) and Hyroin & Inhye (Little Women) :bigcry: :heart:
[/spoiler]

Da - Question on Little Women...

[spoiler]Is there actually anything gay in it? Or is it subtext/implied, or just baiting? I'm on the fence about watching it.[/spoiler]
DA there’s no queer-baiting/ straight-baiting the creator Jung Seo-Kyoung wanted this show to be sexless every character interaction is up for the audience’s interpretation. In Hye & Hyorin’s relationship dynamic is somehow parallel to Sokhee and Hideko’s (the poor-rich, toxic family and the yearn to escape overseas to live a a new life) trope is very much evident
Thanks for responding! From your description, I've started to binge the show. So far I'm on episode 8 and I'm LOVING it. This director and screenwriter know what they're doing.

Reactions:

Re: Korean Entertainment Wave

Post by Guest »

A bit skeptical that HHJ and SHB are dating since SHB seems to cycle between the same 5 female friends on any given occasion. Seems like she could be dating any of the 5, if at all? HHJ's insta is less personal so I can't tell.

Also after finishing Mine, Nevertheless, and Little Women I am once again craving another heavy subtext kdrama.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
10 Oct 2022, 04:18
A bit skeptical that HHJ and SHB are dating since SHB seems to cycle between the same 5 female friends on any given occasion. Seems like she could be dating any of the 5, if at all? HHJ's insta is less personal so I can't tell.

Also after finishing Mine, Nevertheless, and Little Women I am once again craving another heavy subtext kdrama.
SHB certainly treats HHJ differently than her other friends. She is super close with fellow actresses Kim Go Eun she met her on the set of the 2018 ensemble film Sunset In My Hometown and has been friends ever since. As for her friendship with HHJ, SHB recently shared in an interview with Esquire Korea that they met by chance and are “friends” for quite some time. SHB and HHJ are super private about their friendship and only post photos together occasionally.

SHB posted this on her Instagram, tagged the account of Han Hyo-joo, and wrote “Happy Birthday, Hyo!” in the caption. Seeing the post, Han Hyo-joo replied, “Oh, thank you. Our memories are accumulating one by one. Pretty Hyun-bin, let’s continue to be together”

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
10 Oct 2022, 05:07
Guest wrote:

SHB certainly treats HHJ differently than her other friends. She is super close with fellow actresses Kim Go Eun she met her on the set of the 2018 ensemble film Sunset In My Hometown and has been friends ever since. As for her friendship with HHJ, SHB recently shared in an interview with Esquire Korea that they met by chance and are “friends” for quite some time. SHB and HHJ are super private about their friendship and only post photos together occasionally.

SHB posted this on her Instagram, tagged the account of Han Hyo-joo, and wrote “Happy Birthday, Hyo!” in the caption. Seeing the post, Han Hyo-joo replied, “Oh, thank you. Our memories are accumulating one by one. Pretty Hyun-bin, let’s continue to be together”
Titanic is made for the lesbians and them taking a picture beneath that caption? = GAAAYYYYY :heart:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:

Watch Green Mothers' Club. The actor who plays Hwayoung in Litte Women is in it and I'd say it does have heavy subtext.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:

Also after finishing Mine, Nevertheless, and Little Women I am once again craving another heavy subtext kdrama
Have you watched Green Mother's Club?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
10 Oct 2022, 10:27
Guest wrote:

Also after finishing Mine, Nevertheless, and Little Women I am once again craving another heavy subtext kdrama
Have you watched Green Mother's Club?
QMTA - tbh I think GMC has much more subtext than LW

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I’m obsessed with this woman. Why is she straight? 😭😭😭

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

So many women I'm currently interested in in this one clip

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 Oct 2022, 23:04
Guest wrote:
09 Oct 2022, 20:30
Guest wrote:
09 Oct 2022, 19:43
man watching 1st ep of Little Wmen and gasped. Good thing you guys spoiled it with gifs, so i know someone is faking it :lol:
qmta...noo, wait, nevermind, just checked...this is a very straight show. eh...
This is not a straight show you must be watching another show to say this. Its a female centric show with female protagonist & antagonist and the men here are unnecessary. Its over-the-top addictive like any other Korean soap operas, or makjang dramas of recent years such as Sky Castle and The Penthouse. Saying this show is straight when the main character didn’t end up with a man and has a homoerotic relationship with her best-friend Hwayoung is pure ass trolling.
Op/ I've only watched one ep, anon, please. Saw some spoilers on twitter and saw what I saw. But if you say there is no hetero romance in it and that young dude won't be her secod half and won't have a lot of screentime, then sure, you are right, I was too harsh. I was planning to finish the show either way. But sorry if I have trusting issues with kdramas.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
10 Oct 2022, 15:56

I know, she's so fine :bigcry:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
10 Oct 2022, 17:46
Guest wrote:
09 Oct 2022, 23:04
Guest wrote:
09 Oct 2022, 20:30
Guest wrote:
09 Oct 2022, 19:43
man watching 1st ep of Little Wmen and gasped. Good thing you guys spoiled it with gifs, so i know someone is faking it :lol:
qmta...noo, wait, nevermind, just checked...this is a very straight show. eh...
This is not a straight show you must be watching another show to say this. Its a female centric show with female protagonist & antagonist and the men here are unnecessary. Its over-the-top addictive like any other Korean soap operas, or makjang dramas of recent years such as Sky Castle and The Penthouse. Saying this show is straight when the main character didn’t end up with a man and has a homoerotic relationship with her best-friend Hwayoung is pure ass trolling.
Op/ I've only watched one ep, anon, please. Saw some spoilers on twitter and saw what I saw. But if you say there is no hetero romance in it and that young dude won't be her secod half and won't have a lot of screentime, then sure, you are right, I was too harsh. I was planning to finish the show either way. But sorry if I have trusting issues with kdramas.
DA we all have to be skeptical with kdramas but twitter also said that Mine was queerbait when it's quite literally the exact opposite. Best to ditch something completely and let it go or find out for yourself rather than declare it's "a very straight show" outright based off of people on social media (and out of context content)

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
10 Oct 2022, 18:02
Guest wrote:

She’s stated as cameo but everyone simping for her now :lol:

Can they blame us?

I saw her younger pics. She looks so much better now. She ages so well. I’m mad that she’s married to a cheating chump! :argh:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
10 Oct 2022, 10:20
Guest wrote:

Watch Green Mothers' Club. The actor who plays Hwayoung in Litte Women is in it and I'd say it does have heavy subtext.
x2 watch Green Mother’s Club 😁

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
10 Oct 2022, 20:25
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Can they blame us?

Image :heart:

I saw her younger pics. She looks so much better now. She ages so well. I’m mad that she’s married to a cheating chump! :argh:
me ignoring her marriage so I can fully simp over her
I hope she keeps playing these gay coded characters

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

the milf of my dreams 🥵

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
10 Oct 2022, 20:25
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Can they blame us?

She is aware of her female fanbase and even mentioned the amazing chemistry she has with Kim Goeun
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Nana still hits

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Jiae dropped the album and it's honestly so good. Mostly in English too. The lyrics are :bigcry: There's 5 songs and the rest are just instrumentals. Give it a stream and listen!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Shaking my fist at Han Hyo Joo Game Changer anon. I watched like 2 hours of that show to see this obvious pinging and came away empty. She's a mystery wrapped in an enigma with both Moon Chae Won dating rumors and a sponsorship rumor.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

IU moved so they're not neighbors anymore right?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Oct 2022, 07:24

I mean, who is to say Yoo In Na didn't (quietly) move too?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 Oct 2022, 07:28
Jiae dropped the album and it's honestly so good. Mostly in English too. The lyrics are :bigcry: There's 5 songs and the rest are just instrumentals. Give it a stream and listen!
[spoiler][/spoiler]
Will do! Thank you.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Oct 2022, 13:20
Guest wrote:
15 Oct 2022, 07:24

I mean, who is to say Yoo In Na didn't (quietly) move too?
the new luxury flat will be completed around September 2023 with IU’s penthouse flat to be around 2,600 sq ft I doubt she’ll be living alone. her and YIN are practically inseparable

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

For someone as hot as Nana I did not feel much chemistry between her and Yeobeen. It just did not hit. I think I blame Yeobeen in this situation because Nana is so hot she usually has chemistry with anybody.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Jesus, what??????????????????????

KARA, I'm speechless.
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Since we're all ahjummas here are any of you finding shipping members of the same kpop group more and more absurd as you grow older :rofl: it's all very cringe and oddly parasocial to me now

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Anyone felt like Kim Taeri sounds at least aromantic here…

Although honestly this is the same explanation employed by Park Eun Bin and I think it’s best to inject skepticism. I just feel like no one would care if actresses at their age dated? So either they’re telling the truth or there’s some other reason. Could be 1. Fruity or 2. Prospects are slim given the state of gross Korean men and how 70% in their age range literally think feminism is a crime.

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2022/04 ... twenty-one

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
17 Oct 2022, 16:42
Since we're all ahjummas here are any of you finding shipping members of the same kpop group more and more absurd as you grow older :rofl: it's all very cringe and oddly parasocial to me now
Yes! I checked in on the snsd thread and was surprised that’s there’s still so many taeny shippers. Or maybe a few on the thread that like to post their moments a lot idk .

I don’t get it, it’s been years and it’s clear they’re just good friends but never have been more than that. I’m surprised and lowkey impressed people still want them together. Like what are they going to do when they marry other people? Very strange.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
17 Oct 2022, 23:54
Anyone felt like Kim Taeri sounds at least aromantic here…

Although honestly this is the same explanation employed by Park Eun Bin and I think it’s best to inject skepticism. I just feel like no one would care if actresses at their age dated? So either they’re telling the truth or there’s some other reason. Could be 1. Fruity or 2. Prospects are slim given the state of gross Korean men and how 70% in their age range literally think feminism is a crime.

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2022/04 ... twenty-one
Kim Taeri is quite private compared to some other talent so this could be her not wanting to give away too much. She could be speaking the truth but we've heard this story a bunch of times from actresses who are now happily married or dating.

And aromantic? WTF is this? Tumblr?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 Oct 2022, 00:23
Guest wrote:
Anyone felt like Kim Taeri sounds at least aromantic here…[spoiler]

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2022/04 ... twenty-one[/spoiler]
Kim Taeri is quite private compared to some other talent so this could be her not wanting to give away too much. She could be speaking the truth but we've heard this story a bunch of times from actresses who are now happily married or dating.

Western / International (even those are from other Asia or Latin America etc) K-entertainment fandom is filled with worst demographic of the LGBTQ+ allies activism. :mask:

There has always been three and nothing else for millennia: hetero, homo, bisexual. NO asexual and aromantic. Some may go through low sex drive period. LOW sex drive. Also that doesn't mean for their entire lives either. When they have that drive/energy, who they crave determine their sexual orientation, whether they *currently* are sexually active or not.

Some people have high standards - also fluctuating during their life stages; we are less discriminating when young filled with time/energy to waste - for not even relationships but simple dates and sex. One may be sexual but rather do it themselves (thinking of imaginary partner depending on sexual orientation) than taking anything that moves into their private bedroom and life.

Whether she does that, infrequently does one night sex, flings, casual dates once in a blue moon... she (and any normal ordinary people whose personalities just value privacy) is not obliged to tell anyone. And people have changing priorities they focus on. Lots I know focus their energy on career, their passion, hobbies, health, family, friends, travel and so on. Mentality is "If someone good comes into my life, then yes. Otherwise, I'm not going to waste time chasing that for now". Most such Koreans I know are not "aromantic" or "asexual" at all. Lots do get compatible partners in the end or short-time dates. They do love romance and sex (in fact, doing alone is also sex) but those do not dominate their mind and lives to the point of settling for any trash. Some can afford that, others not.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 Oct 2022, 01:15
Guest wrote:
18 Oct 2022, 00:23
Guest wrote:
Anyone felt like Kim Taeri sounds at least aromantic here…[spoiler]

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2022/04 ... twenty-one[/spoiler]

Western / International (even those are from other Asia or Latin America etc) K-entertainment fandom is filled with worst demographic of the LGBTQ+ allies activism. :mask:

There has always been three and nothing else for millennia: hetero, homo, bisexual. NO asexual and aromantic. Some may go through low sex drive period. LOW sex drive. Also that doesn't mean for their entire lives either. When they have that drive/energy, who they crave determine their sexual orientation, whether they *currently* are sexually active or not.

Some people have high standards - also fluctuating during their life stages; we are less discriminating when young filled with time/energy to waste - for not even relationships but simple dates and sex. One may be sexual but rather do it themselves (thinking of imaginary partner depending on sexual orientation) than taking anything that moves into their private bedroom and life.

Whether she does that, infrequently does one night sex, flings, casual dates once in a blue moon... she (and any normal ordinary people whose personalities just value privacy) is not obliged to tell anyone. And people have changing priorities they focus on. Lots I know focus their energy on career, their passion, hobbies, health, family, friends, travel and so on. Mentality is "If someone good comes into my life, then yes. Otherwise, I'm not going to waste time chasing that for now". Most such Koreans I know are not "aromantic" or "asexual" at all. Lots do get compatible partners in the end or short-time dates. They do love romance and sex (in fact, doing alone is also sex) but those do not dominate their mind and lives to the point of settling for any trash. Some can afford that, others not.
Asexuality is real. I've personally met two people who, their entire lives, felt nothing for other people. And they're both in their 30s now.

"Aromantic" is redundant, because an asexual person doesn't fall in love, but straight kids on the internet wanted to pretend to be gay-adjacent, so they made it up as an 'identity' that would allow them to keep fucking, and all they have to do is pretend they never fall in love. So they can also pretend they're oppressed some how.

There's a ton of other made up things teens can 'identify' as, I think we all know what they are...

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Has anyone seen this film starring Choo Ja-hyun and Kim Gyu-ri called Portrait of a Beauty? Is there more lesbian scenes in it or is this all there is?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

No forking way! Her?
I give up. LOL

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

tbf, she was on some of those lists way before her friendship with KYK, but yeah, point stands. We don't know shit. :lol:

yes, I know, she might be bi, but still, LOL.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

They don’t love themselves lol

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

No idea if it's true, but, honestly, this is 99% likely to happen to every single person that is speculated over. Not because they're het, but because they're in SK and have no desire to ruin their reputation, lose jobs/income, and their family. Some people might be brave, most are not.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

This is why I just respect Kim Hye-Soo more and more

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 Oct 2022, 08:17
This is why I just respect Kim Hye-Soo more and more
Yeah, she's a real one.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

KARA

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

This fool in love :rofl:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 Oct 2022, 10:12
KARA

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
So excited! But also sad because of the obvious. They're releasing it right around the anniversary of her death. I wonder if they did that purposefully.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

"Glitch" Kdrama and the 2 Female Leads

annej
Reactions:

Post by annej »

I just finished Glitch and I think it was lowkey a GL series. There are so many subtle wlw scenes.

Nana's beauty is mermerizing and her acting is so good :wub: :wub: . She was my teenage dream and was once very popular among the gay. She's been acting in at least 2 series with subtle wlw and I cannot believe the gay sleep on her.

Please tell me all about Nana and the rumor she had I'm desperate to hear more. The last time I read about her was in K-Hallyu where they said something like she's kinda a f girl now and said something nasty about Hwasa <?>. I mean, with that face she can get as many pussies as she wants so it kinda make sense if she had some fun with girls. :wub:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

annej wrote:
21 Oct 2022, 17:25
I just finished Glitch and I think it was lowkey a GL series. There are so many subtle wlw scenes.

Nana's beauty is mermerizing and her acting is so good :wub: :wub: . She was my teenage dream and was once very popular among the gay. She's been acting in at least 2 series with subtle wlw and I cannot believe the gay sleep on her.

Please tell me all about Nana and the rumor she had I'm desperate to hear more. The last time I read about her was in K-Hallyu where they said something like she's kinda a f girl now and said something nasty about Hwasa <?>. I mean, with that face she can get as many pussies as she wants so it kinda make sense if she had some fun with girls. :wub:

I think Nana is really freaking hot. One of the most beautiful korean celebrities for sure.

That being said, I watched Glitch too (after seeing it mentioned here a lot) and she's just an ok actress. Decent enough. I guess people have such low expectations for idols turned actors, they tend to overhype the ones that are passable. Her character was supposed to be this tough 'gives no fuck' hippie, yet there are some scenes where she's acting like she's in a cf, almost modeling and hyper aware of her angles which clashes with what her character represents imo. Overall, I think Glitch was meh and the main actress was carrying it on her back. Cinematography and directing could be be better, comedy aspect was the worst part and the whole UFO club shouldn't even be there. Kinda disappointed ngl:/

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

annej wrote:

[spoiler][/spoiler]
I want the tea on Nana too! Anyone have it or can point us somewhere we can read it? I don't know much about her rumours at all.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
26 Oct 2022, 12:56
annej wrote:

[spoiler][/spoiler]
I want the tea on Nana too! Anyone have it or can point us somewhere we can read it? I don't know much about her rumours at all.
[spoiler] [/spoiler]

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I'm watching Glitch and really enjoying the heavy subtext. Nana is beautiful. If she's into ladies, lucky ladies.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
26 Oct 2022, 16:39
Guest wrote:
26 Oct 2022, 12:56
annej wrote:

[spoiler][/spoiler]
[spoiler] [/spoiler]
Wow thanks anon. I am shook. What a win for us if this is true. Boo to the consistent homophobia from 'fans' tho.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Off topic, but SK releted: [spoiler]Considering they don't want to talk about it and refuse to say it's a problem, I think articles like this are interesting and it seems like I see more of it in recent months? (tho I'm an outsider and only follow two SK jurnos, so maybe I see it through their lens).

[/spoiler]