Korean Dramas

Reactions:

Korean Dramas

Post by Guest »

I don’t see any threads on Kdrama except for specific drama with lesbian content and I don’t want to derail the Kpop Idols/KWave thread. So this thread is for all Kdramas.

Reactions:

Re: Korean Dramas

Post by Guest »

LITTLE WOMEN

So reason I opened this thread is because I wanna talk about Little Women. I suspect that the Evil Man’s wife is a lesbian and had affair with the eldest sis’s dead friend. Afterall, she literally said she “casted” the role of her husband. She seems to be more invested in the friendship than the dead girl (I think she’s not dead yet). She’s good at acting so I’m sure she’s good at acting straight. Wonder if anyone thinks the same way? Or not? We can discuss.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I haven’t watched Little Women yet

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

This is a good idea! I was responding on the other thread about Little Women but I wasn't sure if we were really allowed to talk about it on there since it's not "confirmed" gay so far. Let me catch up and I will come back to discuss afterwards.

Did you happen to watch Green Mother's Club? I feel like they totally could have made it gay between the main mom and the one played by the actress who is also in Little Women. I feel like the ending was even a little open ended and I decided they ended up together lol.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

K. Wave thread is kind of "free k-ent convo" where kdramas are discussed, so I'm not sure if K-Drama thread is needed and if admin will keep it.
imo, too many thread will overlap. But will see...

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
19 Sep 2022, 11:32
K. Wave thread is kind of "free k-ent convo" where kdramas are discussed, so I'm not sure if K-Drama thread is needed and if admin will keep it.
I hope Admin allow it because I’m not sure the posters there would like it if we talk about Kdramas in detail if there’s no lez element in them.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
19 Sep 2022, 11:39
Guest wrote:
19 Sep 2022, 11:32
I hope Admin allow it because I’m not sure the posters there would like it if we talk about Kdramas in detail if there’s no lez element in them.
That thread tends to be easy-going and conversations can actually happen. But then again Mine had its own thread, so maybe this one will stay open.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
19 Sep 2022, 11:08
This is a good idea! I was responding on the other thread about Little Women but I wasn't sure if we were really allowed to talk about it on there since it's not "confirmed" gay so far. Let me catch up and I will come back to discuss afterwards.

Did you happen to watch Green Mother's Club? I feel like they totally could have made it gay between the main mom and the one played by the actress who is also in Little Women. I feel like the ending was even a little open ended and I decided they ended up together lol.
No sorry, I’ve never heard of that drama. Hopefully this one is lil bit sapphic 🤞

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

What are some of your fave kdrama?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
23 Sep 2022, 09:46
What are some of your fave kdrama?
Here are some of mine:
Mine
It's Okay to Not be Okay
Extraordinary Attorney Woo
Hometown Cha Cha Cha
Search WWW
Snowdrop
Squid Game
The Witch's Diner
Little Women (so far)
Vincenzo
All of Us Are Dead
Tomorrow
The Uncanny Counter
Sky Castle

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I know Hollywood does it too but I find Kdramas v annoying trying to make the main couple of a romantic drama “dating”. They tease the audience with the media being complicit saying this couple is probably dating, all while their show is still on. Then when the show is done, you don’t hear about the couple anymore

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I watched the first two episodes of Little Women and loved the women centric plot but was so disappointed when they killed the lesbian-encoded character off!! That's when I stopped watching. She was such a woman-centred woman too. I knew about it this part of the plot beforehand. And in such a gruesome way too.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 Sep 2022, 09:20
I watched the first two episodes of Little Women and loved the women centric plot but was so disappointed when they killed the lesbian-encoded character off!! That's when I stopped watching. She was such a woman-centred woman too. I knew about it this part of the plot beforehand. And in such a gruesome way too.
What! Noooo don’t stop. I think she’s not dead yet.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Can recommend me some Kdrama that isn't so hetero? It doesn't have to lesbian. Just that I'm so bored of female lead ending up with male lead in Kdrama ^_^

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 Sep 2022, 09:24
Guest wrote:
25 Sep 2022, 09:20
What! Noooo don’t stop. I think she’s not dead yet.
DA I'm on episode 6, and I don't think Hwa-young is dead either. Am guessing she had ps and is on an island somewhere, but damn it's getting more chaotic and thrilling :popcorn:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 Sep 2022, 14:40
Can recommend me some Kdrama that isn't so hetero? It doesn't have to lesbian. Just that I'm so bored of female lead ending up with male lead in Kdrama ^_^
Little Women! Centered around the sisters and the women around them.

Kingdom and All of us are dead, if you like zombies.

Very hard to not have Kdrama without a couple.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Any tea on Kim Go-eun? I remember someone mentioned that she introduced a female friend to another female celebrity?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 Sep 2022, 14:53
Guest wrote:
Little Women! Centered around the sisters and the women around them.

Kingdom and All of us are dead, if you like zombies.

Very hard to not have Kdrama without a couple.
I would also add Squid Game, Tomorrow, The Uncanny Counter, and Green Mother's Club to that list. I'm also assuming you've already watched Mine and Hometown Cha Cha Cha since they both had lesbian characters? If not you should definitely watch those as well.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
I second this request! I watched Mine and I really enjoyed it. I've watched very few K dramas and tought the productions and acting were good but I need my shows to be woman led and centered. Bonus points if it the show falls into psychological territory

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Can anyone recommend some good lesbian drama where they are explicitly together and not just hinted at.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Inspector Koo...kinda like killing eve plot

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Night Light (2016)
The production team literally dubbed their 2 leads as womance on the behind the scene clips

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

My rec:

Woman-Centered thrillers
Stranger
My Name
Little Women

Not women-centered but thriller
Hell is other people
Sweet Home
Save Me

Not women-centered but thriller/funny
Bad and Crazy

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Can you please put spoiler tags on Little Women spoilers? Some of us haven’t watched it yet.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
26 Sep 2022, 05:48
My rec:

Woman-Centered thrillers
Stranger
My Name
Little Women

Hell is other people
Sweet Home
Save Me

Bad and Crazy
Thanks for the recs! One of these premiered on my birthday so it must be a signal :lol:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
26 Sep 2022, 06:55
Guest wrote:
26 Sep 2022, 05:48
My rec:

Woman-Centered thrillers
Stranger
My Name
Little Women

Hell is other people
Sweet Home
Save Me

Bad and Crazy
Thanks for the recs! One of these premiered on my birthday so it must be a signal :lol:
Actually I’m gonna take Save Me back. It has potential but was bit draggy.

Overall, I’d say Little Women is the best. Not draggy, women centered, thriller.

If you like light supernatural stuff like The Uncanny Encounter, Mystic Pop-Up Bar is not too bad. Something supernatural heavy would be Hellbound . Not too bad too.

I notice with Kdramas, they suffer from Ryan Murphy Problem. Good beginning, lots of potential but tying up at the end is sloppy.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Oops sorry adding spoiler tags. Thanks for the update on Little Women!

Nevertheless- only watch the lesbian couple bits, skip the hetero parts. Find the thread here for the lesbian parts!!

Mine - Kim Seo Hyung is hot.

Inspector Koo - great woman led series, very fun and quirky

Extraordinary Attorney Woo - Great characters and acting, woman led.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Little Women

[spoiler]Omg I’m so excited that the characters are in my city this episode! Also, seeing local actors in Kdrama is weird

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Little Women

[spoiler]

If this is a Hollywood show, we would have some lesbian couples already. So much lesbionic potential in this show. 008

Oh well at least there’s lots of female bonding in this show

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Little Women

Ep. 8

[spoiler]
Omg omg omg! Wtf!!! So stressful. Hyorin’s mom is a psycho bitch. There goes my lesbian dream thinking she had an affair with Hwayoung. I wanted to say poor Hwayoung but considering she was also active in conning Injoo, fuck her!

Can’t believe we only have 2 more weeks of this show.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Little Women

Ep 7/8

[spoiler]

Girls, I think the evil woman is having secret affair with Hwayoung and Hwayoung is still alive. They gonna live happily ever after in Singapore

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
26 Sep 2022, 19:20
Little Women

Ep 7/8

[spoiler]

Girls, I think the evil woman is having secret affair with Hwayoung and Hwayoung is still alive. They gonna live happily ever after in Singapore
[spoiler]

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
26 Sep 2022, 19:43
Guest wrote:
26 Sep 2022, 19:20
Little Women

Ep 7/8

[spoiler]

[spoiler]
[spoiler]

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I need you girls to hurry up and catch up with Little Women because there so much I want to discuss and I’m tired of talking to myself :rage:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Sep 2022, 06:13
I need you girls to hurry up and catch up with Little Women because there so much I want to discuss and I’m tired of talking to myself :rage:
I just caught up, and I am sad sad about Hwa-young. The hospital bedside scene broke my heart, but good ahead what you want to discuss?😊

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
28 Sep 2022, 03:19
Guest wrote:
I just caught up, and I am sad sad about Hwa-young. The hospital bedside scene broke my heart, but good ahead what you want to discuss?😊
Hello Anon, Don’t forget spoiler tag.

[spoiler]
HY is def alive. She limped after the accident and she was in the white car.

Don’t you think the bedside scene is sapphic? I think there’s also something sapphic between her and that psycho bitch. She doesn’t love her husband and she’s bored. I’m sure she fucked HY.

But I felt sad HY betrayed Injoo. Maybe that’s why she tried to save her because she felt guilty

Maybe psycho bitch wanted to elope with HY in SG and arranged it for her to be “dead” but they’re in SG fucking lol

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
I need to know they [spoiler]didn't gratuitously kill off the lesbian character first before I'll watch because as much as I like women its too heartbreaking to see that much BYG [/spoiler]

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
28 Sep 2022, 15:58
Guest wrote:
I need to know they [spoiler]didn't gratuitously kill off the lesbian character first before I'll watch because as much as I like women its too heartbreaking to see that much BYG [/spoiler]
[spoiler]
lol it's not even confirmed she's a lesbian so I'm afraid you gonna be disappointed

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
28 Sep 2022, 04:41
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

[spoiler]

Don’t you think the bedside scene is sapphic? I think there’s also something sapphic between her and that psycho bitch. She doesn’t love her husband and she’s bored. I’m sure she fucked HY.

But I felt sad HY betrayed Injoo. Maybe that’s why she tried to save her because she felt guilty

Maybe psycho bitch wanted to elope with HY in SG and arranged it for her to be “dead” but they’re in SG fucking lol
Hey anon, sorry about that I'll remember to use spoiler tags.
[spoiler]Now that you mentioned In-joo saw Hwa-young's sneakers on the floor, right? omg that scene was beautiful and In-joo went to SG not for the money but to see her again,hell yeah that's sapphic :wub:
I really don't understand what's going with the Jeorgnam society, but my theory is Do-il is behind the 70b and the accident. Didn't he also set up the car accident to 'save his gf/client?
I hope you're right about Hwa-young being alive. Maybe the husband saved her from his manipulative wife? I feel bad for Hyo-rin, but watch it's In-hye who will save her from the evil family. :fingcross:
damn this show makes my head spin too much thank God it's only 12 episodes lol. [/spoiler]

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Choo Ja-hyun's beautiful such a shame she's straight :dramaqueen:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Have anyone watched Alchemy of souls? Is it good? ARon from OhMyGirl is in it, so I might check it out.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

^ Arin

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
28 Sep 2022, 20:00
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

[spoiler]

[spoiler]Now that you mentioned In-joo saw Hwa-young's sneakers on the floor, right? omg that scene was beautiful and In-joo went to SG not for the money but to see her again,hell yeah that's sapphic :wub:
I really don't understand what's going with the Jeorgnam society, but my theory is Do-il is behind the 70b and the accident. Didn't he also set up the car accident to 'save his gf/client?
I hope you're right about Hwa-young being alive. Maybe the husband saved her from his manipulative wife? I feel bad for Hyo-rin, but watch it's In-hye who will save her from the evil family. :fingcross:
damn this show makes my head spin too much thank God it's only 12 episodes lol. [/spoiler]
No worries ^_^
[spoiler]
I don't think Do-il set up that accident. I think that's the psycho bitch. Having that truck to ram the car is not a safe way to make Injoo disappear.

What if Hyorin is also a psycho bitch? lol. But she seems a bit dense to me to be cunning. Still not impossible.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
29 Sep 2022, 13:05
Guest wrote:
28 Sep 2022, 20:00
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

[spoiler]

No worries ^_^
[spoiler]
I don't think Do-il set up that accident. I think that's the psycho bitch. Having that truck to ram the car is not a safe way to make Injoo disappear.

What if Hyorin is also a psycho bitch? lol. But she seems a bit dense to me to be cunning. Still not impossible.
[spoiler]What are the odds it was actually HY in the hospital? I also would love for HY and In-Joo to run off into the sunset together with the money, but I'm pretty sure she's still going to end up with the dumb guy.[/spoiler]

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Search WWW is female eccentric.

myka4hg
Reactions: 44

Post by myka4hg »

Guest wrote:
19 Sep 2022, 11:08

I know your reply was not aimed at me but thank you for recommending Green Mothers' Club. I've just finished it & I absolutely loved it. It was so good. It was exactly the kind of emotional drama berween women I was looking for. I know it wasn't gay but it was so easy to create a subtext between Eun Pyo & Chun Hee... & it had a perfect subtext ending.
[spoiler]They basically walk off into the sunset together. :rofl: [/spoiler]
So thank you again because I really did enjoy it so much.
GMC is a perfect recomendation for this thread. It's female focused & very shippy if subtext is your thing.
I'm going to watch Little Women next. :heart:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I absolutely loved! Hotel del Luna.
I've told all my friends about it, and it's been all positive feedback from them.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Thanks to Netflix, I've discovered K-drama. I took a chance on this series and am so glad that I did. Thoroughly enjoyed it. After watching her in Signal and now Hyena, I've become a fan of Kim Hye-soo and will watch anything she's in.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
29 Sep 2022, 11:07
Have anyone watched Alchemy of souls? Is it good? ARon from OhMyGirl is in it, so I might check it out.
I tried watching it because of Arin (she doesn't appear a lot in the beginning, but she gets more spotlight as the story goes on, and she's so pretty in every hanbok :wub: ), very het and main couple centered so kinda boring at times but if you can get past that it's still fun especially if you like magic/fantasy

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
30 Sep 2022, 08:28
Thanks to Netflix, I've discovered K-drama. I took a chance on this series and am so glad that I did. Thoroughly enjoyed it. After watching her in Signal and now Hyena, I've become a fan of Kim Hye-soo and will watch anything she's in.
Then you should definitely watch Juvenile Justice! One of the best dramas this year imo and she's super badass in it