Korean Entertainment Wave

Reactions:

Re: Korean Entertainment Wave

Post by Guest »

Why "Woo" producers didn't sign with Netflix.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Two questions....has there ever been any tea on these two? (Han Hyo-Joo & Shin Hyun-Bin, not the other lady in the first few pics). Also, Instagram translation isn't great so does anyone know if she actually called her "my love"? If so I feel like that is kinda sus.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
04 Sep 2022, 22:41
Two questions....has there ever been any tea on these two? (Han Hyo-Joo & Shin Hyun-Bin, not the other lady in the first few pics). Also, Instagram translation isn't great so does anyone know if she actually called her "my love"? If so I feel like that is kinda sus.
Han Hyo-Joo used to be close with Moon Chae Won

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

No :rofl: ",내 사랑 평양냉면" = ", My love Pyongyang Naeng-myeon (noodle)"

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

And before that "그리고 어쩌다 3일 연달아 너와," = "And somehow three days in a row with you," (the girl she was hanging out w). Two different parts of the sentence.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Ahhh okay. I thought that was a little too brazen. And then SHB commenting with the heart-eyes emoji I was like :hmmm: Also, I'm not sure who Moon Chae Won is. Is it someone sus?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Is Kim Seo-hyung from "Mine" fame has any TV projects in he calendar? I know she worked on some independent films, but what about TV? Is she planning to return anytime soon?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I find Hyo-Joo incredible attractive. Learn about her thanks to this thread.
Honestly, there is just something about her...Still need to watch last year's show that she was in.
Watched that pirate movie for her. Too many men, but other than that she was very easy on the eyes.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Maybe a bit off-topic, but is anyone else sick of the godawful blurring/skin smoothing filter they put on actresses (and actors) in kdramas? It's less prevalent in movies, but still very much present. And if that's somehow not their choice, even their instagram photos are overly smooth. I know they have impossible beauty standards in SK, but like, they legit look like porcelain dolls. Western celebrities like the Kardashians are always called out for it (& rightfully so), but for every Kardashian there's at least someone like Drew Barrymore or even Zendaya who's not afraid to put out unfiltered photo once in a while.

Even here when someone posts a photo of an idol or actress, it's always so over-edited. What I'm wondering is there an idol or an actress that posts candid selfies on their personal instagram that are not edited at all and you can tell it's her actual skin texture?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I don't really follow that many, but the 2-3 i do, use filter pretty much all the time. Would lie if say I enjoy it.

That said, I follow one jp actress and not sure if she represenst bigger trend in Japan, but her pics are much more natural and just...laid-back without any pressure to look perfect. I wonder if jp hasn't moved on from certain negative beautfy standards a bit faster than SK.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
05 Sep 2022, 18:28
Maybe a bit off-topic, but is anyone else sick of the godawful blurring/skin smoothing filter they put on actresses (and actors) in kdramas? It's less prevalent in movies, but still very much present. And if that's somehow not their choice, even their instagram photos are overly smooth. I know they have impossible beauty standards in SK, but like, they legit look like porcelain dolls. Western celebrities like the Kardashians are always called out for it (& rightfully so), but for every Kardashian there's at least someone like Drew Barrymore or even Zendaya who's not afraid to put out unfiltered photo once in a while.

Even here when someone posts a photo of an idol or actress, it's always so over-edited. What I'm wondering is there an idol or an actress that posts candid selfies on their personal instagram that are not edited at all and you can tell it's her actual skin texture?
Not really, and it doesn't help that fansites and even the media contribute to that trend and if someone dares post an unfiltered picture of an idol, they get attacked by fans. I refuse to believe that's how these people look irl.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:

Good luck finding anyone, and I really mean anyone posting unfiltered pictures of themselves in Korea. That's not a thing - they've even reached the point where phones have pretty advanced filters built-in. I was in SK for a month very recently, my (Korean) friend took a picture of us with her phone (old friend - hadn't seen each other in years), I shit you not, I looked so damn hot on it, super smooth skin, more defined jawline, awesome lighting etc. I couldn't believe it, and she hadn't used any filters yet. It was such a shock. Keep in mind that it was in the heart of a heatwave and we were both dying because of it.

That's just how it is, you'll have better luck catching them barefaced and unfiltered on a vlog (Kim Tae-ri's for example. I've also found Park Eun-bin's) or something. Instagram is their smokescreen of illusions.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:

Oh they do it in music videos too (BoA as far back as one shot two shot or even longer) I find idols tend to post more natural looking selfies on the fan platforms like bubble/weverse otherwise the filters even regular citizens use to make their eyes bigger etc. freak me out. As anon said you're better off with candids outside of SK or vlogs and other things where they appear bareface.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

^ I remember many years ago I saw a clip from filming One Shot Two Shot and director made some really tacky (joke) comment to boa about her age (idk..she was i think 32?) And I thought... dude, chill the fuck out. =_=

I wish I remember what was it. But it was there for sure coz I remember i side eyed that looser pretty hard.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

What is the difference between this and the other Korean entertainment thread? Is this one more focused on actresses, dramas, and movies?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
06 Sep 2022, 01:42
What is the difference between this and the other Korean entertainment thread? Is this one more focused on actresses, dramas, and movies?
Yeah, all that stuff, earlier gen groups, and a way more chill vibe.

GoodShipLollipop
Reactions:

Post by GoodShipLollipop »

Guest wrote:
From my view it skews older, which by default means less kpop.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Skews older. It's anything about 30+ year old women in k-ent :P

Officially, these are the rules from the first page:

1.Only women 30 yo and older :lol:
2. Keep it gay. No het talk. No het speculation. No het anything (the only exception is major announcements)
3.Talk about anything, especially 2nd generation K-Pop and k-dramas
4.No discussions about 4th generation K-Pop, sorry kiddo :hug:

Let's go, aunties, chat!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
05 Sep 2022, 18:52
Guest wrote:

Not really, and it doesn't help that fansites and even the media contribute to that trend and if someone dares post an unfiltered picture of an idol, they get attacked by fans. I refuse to believe that's how these people look irl.
It annoys me so much because it's essentially a tightly formed circle between the media, celebrities and fans around their over the top obsession with youth/not aging. Like they'll emphasize actors in their late 30's and 40's and say how they don't age and I'm like "that's not even old!". Cosmetic procedures and smoothing filters are basically the reason why these impressions stay firm. Asians in general have good genes but not *THAT* good, so that basically every other actor/actress is praised for "not aging". And sometimes it's so glaringly obvious they had numerous procedures done, not to mention their overly edited content. You know what's impressive? My dad will be 60 next year and barely has a gray hair, had no procedure done whatsoever and works an extremely physical and stressful job. Hell, even I'm in worse shape than him.

I'd just like to see one korean celebrity to be like "fuck it, I don't care" and post a photo with no filter and no makeup.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Oh god yeah, everytime someone says about 30 + idols or actress - "wow, she doesn't age" (and I see fans talk like that all the time) I'm like: even with or without expensive cosmetic or plastic procedures she still aged! And that's a good thing, she looks good, just fucking say it for once.

The worst part is that those fans often think they are protecting the idol from toxic comments like "old hag" or whatever, but in reality they are really not helping.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

The ironic thing is the ones that have done too much to their faces actually look older because it looks so unnatural.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

^ that's also true.

I recently saw on twitter or somewhere picture of long time no see Lee Boo Young. Done in some library by her friends.
And guys, no filter, no make up. She looked her age. She looked fucking awesome and relaxed. I gasped.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reminds me of a fan who took a close up picture of an idol recently and they got dragged and attacked until they deleted. And to me those fans who were acting like they're protecting their fave were the toxic ones, because they saw a picture of a normal human being and it offended them. Otherwise the picture looked normal to any sane human being. Fansites and their editing and bleaching is also an awful trend, most of these idols don't have the skin tone they give them at all and that's more than fine? Like why do they feel the need to white wash them like that?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
06 Sep 2022, 11:42
Reminds me of a fan who took a close up picture of an idol recently and they got dragged and attacked until they deleted. And to me those fans who were acting like they're protecting their fave were the toxic ones, because they saw a picture of a normal human being and it offended them. Otherwise the picture looked normal to any sane human being. Fansites and their editing and bleaching is also an awful trend, most of these idols don't have the skin tone they give them at all and that's more than fine? Like why do they feel the need to white wash them like that?
Agreed.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Saw a semi hit tweet some time ago about Son Ye-jin I think it was, basically 2 photos of her; one around the time of her debut and a recent photo with caption how she doesn't age. I remember how much it baffled me because she totally looked a lot older (not any less beautiful) and her freaking age, which is forty! I legit felt like I had a wrong pair of eyes on because so many people were agreeing

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
06 Sep 2022, 12:06
Saw a semi hit tweet some time ago about Son Ye-jin I think it was, basically 2 photos of her; one around the time of her debut and a recent photo with caption how she doesn't age. I remember how much it baffled me because she totally looked a lot older (not any less beautiful) and her freaking age, which is forty! I legit felt like I had a wrong pair of eyes on because so many people were agreeing
Kpop fans (because we all know they are also Kdrama fans) are insanely toxic, i can't imagine being subjected to their weird standards and judgement. Like people age, it's literally the course of life. I can't stand them and try hard to block everything related to Kpop from social media just so i don't see their toxic damaging bullshit. The best part is that you never see them scrutinize men the same.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Seriously, women look so awesome when they hit their thirties and later. What's not clicking? do these people have eyes?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
06 Sep 2022, 12:30
Seriously, women look so awesome when they hit their thirties and later. What's not clicking? do these people have eyes?
:rofl: I have never had such a problem with encountering those ppl :rofl:

I have been almost exclusively into middle aged actresses (various nationalities) with a very selective taste. When I started to obsess over a Korean middle aged actress, I got exposed to such social media stans (& others they interacted w). Some of them joked about themselves as ajumma-lovers (expressing their love for seeing slight natural, but still beautiful, wrinkles and all) and others, while stanning other 20-30 ones as well, overall loved the natural, makeup free (or less), filter free faces very much.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I wonder how some of the idols who have had the more extreme surgery are going to look when they're 60. They're going to have to have lifelong maintenance of course to keep it all tight. But you can already see the effect of hardcore jaw shaves on the skin under the chin/jaw on some of them. It's tough because I want them all to be happy with themselves and the way they look and it's their faces after all. But sometimes they're chasing an impossible ideal of facial perfection and it's a shame. There has to be a dissonance, esp for young idols, when they see images of themselves that are filtered and shopped all to hell and then see themselves in the mirror.

You definitely get kind of a better idea of skin tone, body shapes, imperfections, etc if you see images on Getty or from American press outlets when idols come to the States.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
06 Sep 2022, 13:05
I wonder how some of the idols who have had the more extreme surgery are going to look when they're 60. They're going to have to have lifelong maintenance of course to keep it all tight. But you can already see the effect of hardcore jaw shaves on the skin under the chin/jaw on some of them. It's tough because I want them all to be happy with themselves and the way they look and it's their faces after all. But sometimes they're chasing an impossible ideal of facial perfection and it's a shame. There has to be a dissonance, esp for young idols, when they see images of themselves that are filtered and shopped all to hell and then see themselves in the mirror.

You definitely get kind of a better idea of skin tone, body shapes, imperfections, etc if you see images on Getty or from American press outlets when idols come to the States.
I've been hearing about this from people who know sth about ps, that when you start, you can't really stop it completely. I think someone in this thread even mentioned it. But I guess the gen that will face the consequance is not yet 60, right? Because ps obession started to rule in SK when? 20 years ago?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
06 Sep 2022, 13:33
Guest wrote:

I've been hearing about this from people who know sth about ps, that when you start, you can't really stop it completely. I think someone in this thread even mentioned it. But I guess the gen that will face the consequance is not yet 60, right? Because ps obession started to rule in SK when? 20 years ago?
Da that's why it's a cycle that never ends, because then they have to keep fixing it and maintaining it with age. Awful all around and the worst is they're now debuting literal kids who will be even more affected by these crazy standards and seek these surgeries.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
06 Sep 2022, 13:33
Guest wrote:

And the thing is, pretty much every single korean celebrity had at least one procedure done. Every. Single. One.

All idols and mostly every actor, especially the ones that are conventional leads and mainstream in a sense that their looks attract a lot of viewers. Only few acting legends like Song Kang-ho and older generations were less subjected to this trend. I'd say even Bae Doona who is primarily known for her talent and is probably gonna have job no matter what, has had at least some minor stuff done to her face.

Maybe those forever supporting actors are less pressured by this, because their work doesn't necessarily depend on how they look and they're not the ones who pull in audience anyways which is sad.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
06 Sep 2022, 03:51
Guest wrote:
Skews older. It's anything about 30+ year old women in k-ent :P

Officially, these are the rules from the first page:

1.Only women 30 yo and older :lol:
2. Keep it gay. No het talk. No het speculation. No het anything (the only exception is major announcements)
3.Talk about anything, especially 2nd generation K-Pop and k-dramas
4.No discussions about 4th generation K-Pop, sorry kiddo :hug:

Let's go, aunties, chat!
Thanks for the reply! (others too)

Was wondering because in the other thread it's just idol talk and every time actresses or dramas are mentioned it's ignored.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
29 Aug 2022, 18:38
Yup.
I don't think anyone here expected that after those two shows last year, we will legit have so little w/w content in kdramas. I honestly thought this is just the beginning.
Political change and its impact on the industry has been discussed here, and I think some anons were right about it.

I just watched the second episode of extraordinary attorney Woo. The lesbian storyline reveal was well done and the lead guest actress was beautiful and did a good job. She had to convey the full emotion of the hidden plot while her partner was a little stiff… she was a cameo without lines.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

This has to be one of the wildes blind items in kworld. I remember it being mentioned here too when I saw the whole thread...

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

^ Iconic! :lol:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

It's finally happening! They finished filming ages ago and it was supposed to release at the start of this year.

Can't wait for all the interviews with Nana and JYB :dance2:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 Sep 2022, 06:48

It's finally happening! They finished filming ages ago and it was supposed to release at the start of this year.

Honestly RIP to Nana's cheekbones/jaw. :-/ Almost didn't recognize her in the thumbnail.

Speaking of Nana, remember back when Sunny basically outed her on that show? But because of the way Korea approaches gay shit, so long as someone makes a joke or changes the subject or completely ignores it, it's not taken seriously? :nails:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I legit don't understand why I find her so attractive. It must be because of her music and all that dancing.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 Sep 2022, 14:04
Guest wrote:

Honestly RIP to Nana's cheekbones/jaw. :-/ Almost didn't recognize her in the thumbnail.

Speaking of Nana, remember back when Sunny basically outed her on that show? But because of the way Korea approaches gay shit, so long as someone makes a joke or changes the subject or completely ignores it, it's not taken seriously? :nails:
what did she say that outed her? it wasnt on purpose was it

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 Sep 2022, 20:18
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

I can't find a vid of the episode seems to have been nuked but:
Nana: I'm so tired these days because of my husband.

Sunny: What?

Lee Guk-yoo: When did you suddenly get a husband?

Nana: I can't sleep *laughs*

Guk-yoo/Sunny laugh: What are you saying right now?

Nana: My entire body feels heavy

Sunny: That was shocking. She'll thank her girlfriend...I said she will thank her girlfriend.

*Guk-yoo changes subject*
It was weird. That show was weird, that whole time period was weird. :lol: I know the other k-ent thread just went through a "Sunny straight" phase when everyone was talking about SNSD but quite a bit about her was floating around on the k-side in those days and earlier. On that show she and Nana both talked about exes and called them boyfriends, but who knows the truth when it comes to shows. In the next breath Sunny would talk about how she was celibate and never going to marry. ~6 months later was the Chorong radio show call. After that and her show got canceled she turtled up quite a bit and went full loner. Before this all gets too long I'll just say that I feel very very confident the girl is bi at least, if not a lesbian. But lots of people disagree so...believe it or not :lol:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Sunny & Taeyeon

anon51
Reactions:

Post by anon51 »

Guest wrote:
13 Sep 2022, 23:31
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Sunny: That was shocking. She'll thank her girlfriend...I said she will thank her girlfriend.

It was weird. That show was weird, that whole time period was weird. :lol: I know the other k-ent thread just went through a "Sunny straight" phase when everyone was talking about SNSD but quite a bit about her was floating around on the k-side in those days and earlier. On that show she and Nana both talked about exes and called them boyfriends, but who knows the truth when it comes to shows. In the next breath Sunny would talk about how she was celibate and never going to marry. ~6 months later was the Chorong radio show call. After that and her show got canceled she turtled up quite a bit and went full loner. Before this all gets too long I'll just say that I feel very very confident the girl is bi at least, if not a lesbian. But lots of people disagree so...believe it or not :lol:
da/
I'm gonna have to agree with you on that last part. But disclaimer, I'm like a month or 2 late but I came back here to see everyone's reaction to the Soshi comeback. I was on sgsd back in the day and I remember barely anyone suspecting her, but now she's higher on everyone's list. I was always a believer! Also, I haven't fully pagecatched so I dunno what has and hasn't been discussed regarding Sunny so if it's been said already, I apologize.

Now to add on to your suspicions, her 'I don't want to get married/not the type to get married" is the same line I drop on my parents all the time. I'm around her age and also Asian, so I'm kind of projecting but it feels familiar and I read it as a huge clue.

During their 10th anniv. promo (for All Night/Holiday) Sooyoung chose Sunny as the most likely to get married first and she looks so uncomfortable. Body language is off the charts: straightens up to listen closely to Sooyung, adjusts her hair, scrunches up her face while hunching over, takes a sip of water while forcing a smile, just generally very squirmy. Before she responds, she makes a cringe face and stutters just a little bit. Her body language could be about something else but through a ghei lense, it fits. Her response is basically the same as on other variety shows where she was calm and composed (celibate, don't wanna marry, single life 'til I die etc.), but I think she's weird here because a member is describing it. She says she doesn't know what her ideal type is and on another show she says it's always changing. Yoona backed this up. And she's been saying this since she was 19. I didn't know it's been that long, but she said it herself on another show.

At this point 5 years ago, it seems like she is closeted and hasn't processed or admitted to herself that she likes women. Seems like she wasn't out to the members at the time either, or maybe it's one of those things where your friends 'know' before you do, but also maybe not cuz ~Korean society~ so they wouldn't be aware of the vibes. In the 5 years since, maybe she finally has accepted it. Maybe she talked it over with Boa unnie during those day drinking dates. Fany's pride month note does say that she's "blessed to be able to work with and love so many amazing individuals in the LGBTQ community" which could include a GG member or two or three (taeng, yul, susan :hmmm: )
Video under spoiler.
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Jeez this is so long!! But a couple other notes, the infamous Chorong call. Sunny's voice gets deeper once she gains a little composure and starts flirting . When she thought it was the teacher, it was normal but after she coughs... :rofl: That wasn't purposeful either, that was all her subconscious. Never getting over "Instead of us, can it be just be 'I'?" Soonkyu really has game. About her leaving, I think it was legit that her schedule was busy because they had their Phantasia tour a couple of weeks after her last show. But I guess that could be too convenient. How bad were the letters about her behavior? Are there receipts?

So, I'm thinking at the very least bi. She should just move to LA. She'll be in the same town as Fany and can figure it out in a more open, but still deeply homophobic society.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 Sep 2022, 23:31
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

da I'm all for Sunny being into women and she might be bi, but it's true that she had solid rumors with men. Dispatch was following her because they got wind she was with some actor and she had to call them out so they stop following her. These things are known among sones, because tbh unlike current female idols there was a lot of openness when it came to SNSD. Sones were aware of a lot about them. She seems like a loner who is also an alcoholic and i can't believe how her lifestyle gets made into a joke on shows.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I'm OP os the Sunny talk but I'm not quoting those last two posts just because this will end up even longer haha (great responses though, thank you!). I think what really sealed the deal on "girlie is AT LEAST bi" for me was a couple of random posts (not here) from some k-lez anons back in the day (~2014-15). (Yes I've been in this shit forever) (Leave me alone :lol: ) (oh wait this is ajumma thread) There was no reason to think either of them was not legit. Both were very protective of info getting out and would correct a lot of misinformation, especially considering that during that period (3rd gen had just debuted) kpop hadn't really popped off in the west. We would get like 10-15% at best of the actual tea of what was going on.

Anyway, all of the rest is stuff from k-side. One of them had Sunny on their VERY short list of women who had rumors with women (with pic/vid evidence) and/or no rumors with men (some others were Yubin, Miryo, Nana, Bomi, Hyuna (pre-Dawn era she was widely suspected to be bi), and Taeyeon). According to her ~2012 Sunny just lived her life and accounts with proof started spilling out and gay rumors were fueled. It got locked down and the pics/sightings accounts didn't leave Korea.

The other anon was very tight-lipped as she didn't want the potential damage of gay rumors for anyone on her conscience. She did dispel/clarify a couple of things (esp about SNSD). She said she wouldn't discuss any rumored lesbian/bi idol if that idol was clearly going to great lengths to protect themselves and hide...and so the only two women she felt comfortable naming were Taeyeon and Sunny. At the time Taeyeon was in **that famous relationship** lol, and everyone knew she had dated other men before that. But she was also very IDGAF about her relationships with women. For Sunny she didn't talk about any male relationships, but that otherwise it was the same thing: Sunny hadn't hidden anything regarding women. Later she talked about that famous radio show call, and how k-lesbians seemed to be taking it: no one was surprised that Sunny was being all gay haha. Her Chorong crush especially was known. But Sunny's "I'm saying gay shit while on the air and admitting to saying gay shit while on the air" was the most important thing, because her openness felt like a moment where the needle might have shifted some in terms of the gay community in Korea at large.

We can't really know cause and effect, but after allllll of that time period, like I said in my original post, she really leaned into her loner lifestyle. Fashion is rarely an indicator of much, but even her airport styling got more femme-y. I agree with the poster about the alcohol: like there's Korean drinking culture and then there's Sunny's in-home liquor store. She said on that STT ep where she had lunch with Tiff that home was just her safe place and she was happy there, and I hope that's true. I'm sure her family situation has put insane pressure on her in terms of being "proper" in the public eye. (All idols have it, but some have it more.) I could 1000% be projecting, but she really strikes me as SOME degree of gay fam, and someone who really would have benefited from being in a more open society.

Phew sorry, see I told you it would get long :lol:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
14 Sep 2022, 13:27
I'm OP os the Sunny talk but I'm not quoting those last two posts just because this will end up even longer haha (great responses though, thank you!). I think what really sealed the deal on "girlie is AT LEAST bi" for me was a couple of random posts (not here) from some k-lez anons back in the day (~2014-15). (Yes I've been in this shit forever) (Leave me alone :lol: ) (oh wait this is ajumma thread) There was no reason to think either of them was not legit. Both were very protective of info getting out and would correct a lot of misinformation, especially considering that during that period (3rd gen had just debuted) kpop hadn't really popped off in the west. We would get like 10-15% at best of the actual tea of what was going on.

Anyway, all of the rest is stuff from k-side. One of them had Sunny on their VERY short list of women who had rumors with women (with pic/vid evidence) and/or no rumors with men (some others were Yubin, Miryo, Nana, Bomi, Hyuna (pre-Dawn era she was widely suspected to be bi), and Taeyeon). According to her ~2012 Sunny just lived her life and accounts with proof started spilling out and gay rumors were fueled. It got locked down and the pics/sightings accounts didn't leave Korea.

The other anon was very tight-lipped as she didn't want the potential damage of gay rumors for anyone on her conscience. She did dispel/clarify a couple of things (esp about SNSD). She said she wouldn't discuss any rumored lesbian/bi idol if that idol was clearly going to great lengths to protect themselves and hide...and so the only two women she felt comfortable naming were Taeyeon and Sunny. At the time Taeyeon was in **that famous relationship** lol, and everyone knew she had dated other men before that. But she was also very IDGAF about her relationships with women. For Sunny she didn't talk about any male relationships, but that otherwise it was the same thing: Sunny hadn't hidden anything regarding women. Later she talked about that famous radio show call, and how k-lesbians seemed to be taking it: no one was surprised that Sunny was being all gay haha. Her Chorong crush especially was known. But Sunny's "I'm saying gay shit while on the air and admitting to saying gay shit while on the air" was the most important thing, because her openness felt like a moment where the needle might have shifted some in terms of the gay community in Korea at large.

We can't really know cause and effect, but after allllll of that time period, like I said in my original post, she really leaned into her loner lifestyle. Fashion is rarely an indicator of much, but even her airport styling got more femme-y. I agree with the poster about the alcohol: like there's Korean drinking culture and then there's Sunny's in-home liquor store. She said on that STT ep where she had lunch with Tiff that home was just her safe place and she was happy there, and I hope that's true. I'm sure her family situation has put insane pressure on her in terms of being "proper" in the public eye. (All idols have it, but some have it more.) I could 1000% be projecting, but she really strikes me as SOME degree of gay fam, and someone who really would have benefited from being in a more open society.

But anon how can anyone claim she had no rumors with men?? She had strong rumors as in actual sightings and media following her because they wanted to take pictures of her with a boyfriend. Sones knew about her relationship because she was spotted with the guy and sones knew and talked about it publicly. Any hardcore sone will tell you that, and we actually had more info back then than we do now. I have been a sone since 09 and followed the SNSD thread in the old board since its inception and then the SGSD board and i can tell you that woman had het rumors, which can make her bi. Considering her family situation and how unlike the rest where idols were followed stealthily, she was followed aggressively because despite not being that popular her family name made her a good target. They wanted so bad to expose her and clearly someone had to interfere to make it stop because they were putting her in danger with the way they followed her.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Now this is why I signed for this thread, people!
Thank you.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
14 Sep 2022, 13:36
Guest wrote:
14 Sep 2022, 13:27

But anon how can anyone claim she had no rumors with men?? She had strong rumors as in actual sightings and media following her because they wanted to take pictures of her with a boyfriend. Sones knew about her relationship because she was spotted with the guy and sones knew and talked about it publicly. Any hardcore sone will tell you that, and we actually had more info back then than we do now. I have been a sone since 09 and followed the SNSD thread in the old board since its inception and then the SGSD board and i can tell you that woman had het rumors, which can make her bi. Considering her family situation and how unlike the rest where idols were followed stealthily, she was followed aggressively because despite not being that popular her family name made her a good target. They wanted so bad to expose her and clearly someone had to interfere to make it stop because they were putting her in danger with the way they followed her.
Well to answer your questions I think you will need to get a time machine and ask those anons :lol: I'm just reporting what they said. Maybe at the time they didn't think the rumors were credible? I don't know. I'm just spilling the gay tea on her I scrounged up, which seems like it was genuine. As with Taeyeon, rumors (or even relationships) with men don't automatically negate anything regarding women.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Agreed. She was somewhat of a unique beauty within the Kpop world, kind of like Kara's Gyuri. You can still tell it's her, but she looks a lot more generic now. Believe Gyuri also did her jaw in recent years. Hate this trend.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I think Taeyeon, Yuri and Sunny are the ones that really like women. Possibly Seohyun. I think yuri and sunny prefer women but taeyeon has no preference.