It’s actually her make up artist yoondol, the married one is kim yeseul

Reactions:

Re: Moonbyul - korean soloist

Post by Guest »

Stellaris, Byuljido and Kiwibyulie love recycling each others posts :rofl:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I know her movements were subtle but it was enough to make me feel things :nervous: talking about all the touching herself up and hip movements during the shutdown performance and in that outfit with the tattoos breathing, yeah I highly recommend watching the fancams cause it's another experience to see it up close. Not to mention the cameraman did way too many closeups when they should have focused on other parts of her if yk what i mean.

About the song she made on stage, that had some sexy lyrics in it as well as some ridiculous lyrics it confused the fuck out of me.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Is no one here going to talk about how the story she read out from that one byulddongie (i mean she used the word) meeting their first love through moonbyul? That was 100% a lesbian couple :blinkwide:

So the one she keeps looking at lovingly is her unmarried makeup artist? The married one is the stylist? Or vice-versa?

Reactions:

Post by guest »

Guest wrote:
06 Mar 2022, 15:51
I have given up on this Fandom and Stan Twitter. Are there any accounts left that update only about mb ?

I will support all the girls in their album releases without any "if" conditions unlike some fans. However mb has me hooked since 6equence, I would love to get updates about mb's activities without any drama or shit stirring, is there any such account available ?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
06 Mar 2022, 11:17
Is this the new 19+ song she wrote with Yoon Mirae in mind? :hudoin:
This is the song she wrote at her concert for moomoos

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
06 Mar 2022, 17:26
Is no one here going to talk about how the story she read out from that one byulddongie (i mean she used the word) meeting their first love through moonbyul? That was 100% a lesbian couple :blinkwide:

So the one she keeps looking at lovingly is her unmarried makeup artist? The married one is the stylist? Or vice-versa?
Make up artist Moonbyul is kinda whipped for

Hair stylist who’s married

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

[spoiler][/spoiler]
I just noticed i posted the same link, sorry, i meant she’s the one who’s married

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

guest wrote:
06 Mar 2022, 17:53
Guest wrote:
I have given up on this Fandom and Stan Twitter. Are there any accounts left that update only about mb ?

I will support all the girls in their album releases without any "if" conditions unlike some fans. However mb has me hooked since 6equence, I would love to get updates about mb's activities without any drama or shit stirring, is there any such account available ?
Pfft they always steal posts/recycle content from other people. What’s new.

I think you’re a probably SOL on bird app. Place is a fucking mess of drama. R*ddit tends to be more calm and occasionally posts updates, but it is often dead. And I think more and more of stan twt is finding their way there and stirring shit too.

Agreed that the official stream zoomed in on Byul too much. Go enjoy some of the fan cams.

It amuses me just how whipped Moonbyul can be for older women. I’m reminded of that one comment about how she gave candy to/wanted to be close with a female sunbae lol. Something like that. Then I think about Taeyeon and Heize and this stylist of hers…

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

guest wrote:
06 Mar 2022, 17:53
Guest wrote:

MBINTL is pretty good with updates

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by guest »

Guest wrote:
05 Mar 2022, 18:45
Reading up on a few posts, it is kinda sad to see how newer moomoos treat moonbyul it's true. From what I've seen, there's this certain solo fanbase for her that's really gay, but like to the point where they don't make it the sole purpose of stanning her. They're older fans too from what I've gathered. Some moos are also respectful of that but the majority are cringe when it comes to her, must be their age.

I don't get the obsession with needing her to show skin or whatever, when she's clearly not the most comfortable with that and it's not her style like you chose the wrong person to be a fan of if that's what you're looking for, the "empowered" woman showing skin trope is not really her thing.

I don't see her fanbase deserting her anytime soon though, she's got the most loyal fans I've ever encountered in kpop. Seeing as how she's growing her radio hosting gig and is scheduled for more variety shows appearances, I'm thinking she's here to stay for a little while longer than what we thought.
At the risk of sounding sappy, she's one of the most genuine and warm personalities I have encountered in kpop. No wonder fans pick up on that and plus how she interacts and her treating fans as equals as opposed to others treating them like fans (sort of like a firm uncrossable boundary) it kinda seals the long term deal once you enter the moonbyul experience. Plus she's fam, so that's an additional pull. But honestly her fans are at bg level loyalty and that is insane, very few female idols have that kind of long term fans who spill money + time everytime their idol does something ( context being 2nd and 3rd gen idols)

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Good thing i only follow Stellaris. I find one of the other two incredibly annoying and lowkey attention whore-ish.

I think I'm following the right people on twitter because whenever there's drama/scandals i find out about it here and not there. lol

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
can we not talk about twitter users here. this is not twitter 2.0

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

All the twitter users you mentioned are either annoying, shady or pure cringe (stellaris fits all of these). If that's your main source for moonbyul things then I have nothing to say.

I haven't seen this talked about anywhere but Moonbyul read out a story about a relationship of two very clearly female fans at her concert. The fan who sent in the story said she was jealous of byul at first because of her partner who had a crush on her but then she started liking her too. This was all kept gender neutral for obvious reasons but it was obviously a lesbian couple.

I think none of the bigger accounts posted about it because the fan called themselves a byulddong instead of moomoo, but she did mention she liked mamamoo too.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Okay she chose the right outfit :$

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I like this angle

[spoiler] Image [/spoiler]

I wouldn't mind a repeat of miniskirt moonbyul in the seasons greetings shoot. I wonder if she'll go for more of that style in the future.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
08 Mar 2022, 08:48
I like this angle

[spoiler] Image [/spoiler]

I wouldn't mind a repeat of miniskirt moonbyul in the seasons greetings shoot. I wonder if she'll go for more of that style in the future.
Actually I shouldn't have put it in spoilers.

Reactions:

Post by guest »

Guest wrote:
08 Mar 2022, 08:18
All the twitter users you mentioned are either annoying, shady or pure cringe (stellaris fits all of these). If that's your main source for moonbyul things then I have nothing to say.

I haven't seen this talked about anywhere but Moonbyul read out a story about a relationship of two very clearly female fans at her concert. The fan who sent in the story said she was jealous of byul at first because of her partner who had a crush on her but then she started liking her too. This was all kept gender neutral for obvious reasons but it was obviously a lesbian couple.

I think none of the bigger accounts posted about it because the fan called themselves a byulddong instead of moomoo, but she did mention she liked mamamoo too.
What?! Didn't see that mentioned anywhere.
I hate that I missed out on the concert due to work.
Is rbw going to do a vod or anywhere else I can watch it ? Don't mind paying to watch it too.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:

Then recommend me another account to keep track of Byul news please.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

guest wrote:
08 Mar 2022, 10:23
Guest wrote:

What?! Didn't see that mentioned anywhere.
I hate that I missed out on the concert due to work.
Is rbw going to do a vod or anywhere else I can watch it ? Don't mind paying to watch it too.
I'm afraid you're going to have to scour twitter for a link to the whole thing. There won't be a vod.

I didn't expect any of the big accounts to talk about it on twitter though, they always miss the key lesbian moments with moonbyul. Most of them are hets or part of the alphabet soup. They also might not have picked up on it because there was no literal mention of gender (big sigh but that's how it is, not the first time they censor a lesbian love story sent to moonbyul).

It was a cute story, this person said her ex was a fan of moonbyul and had a crush on her in high school and when they started dating she was a bit jealous of moonbyul at first but started getting into her too.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:

x2 I immediately picked up on the fact that it was a lesbian couple. It's Moonbyul so it's not surprising I guess, but the content and the phrasing screamed "two women." I'm sure that's why she chose it as well...we all know that when it comes to het stories she just says "pass" lol

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
08 Mar 2022, 19:05
Guest wrote:

x2 I immediately picked up on the fact that it was a lesbian couple. It's Moonbyul so it's not surprising I guess, but the content and the phrasing screamed "two women." I'm sure that's why she chose it as well...we all know that when it comes to het stories she just says "pass" lol
Funny thing but she was actually shocked to hear that her fans are dating and lowkey called out the ones that told her not to date. I think she's gearing up on being more honest about her dating life, she said in her last vlive that if she wants to date she'll do it and it's up to her.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
08 Mar 2022, 19:13
Guest wrote:
08 Mar 2022, 19:05
Guest wrote:

Funny thing but she was actually shocked to hear that her fans are dating and lowkey called out the ones that told her not to date. I think she's gearing up on being more honest about her dating life, she said in her last vlive that if she wants to date she'll do it and it's up to her.
Oh yeah it was very "okay wow y'all keep sending in your love and dating stories but I'm not allowed to date? lolol okay." That kind of honesty is why her fans are loyal. I've long maintained that if she could safely talk about who she's dating and be out she would be. I think that's a big reason why she wants to retire early, too. She loves performing (like she said at the show, she wants to retire but then the reception she gets makes her want to keep going creatively), but also she just wants to live her life. Who knows what the future holds? The closer she gets to retiring, she could very well come out plainly.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

It's all very interesting, this whole love theme for her album. I kind of wish she gave more interviews about her album's concept cause right now it's hard to keep up with her when a lot of the good stuff in her content is geared more towards her korean fans.

I feel like she's aware she has many factions of fans, like she doesn't see them as this monolith. So she knows exactly when to play up her casanova image, when to be serious and when to be more strict with her fans, when to appeal to her gay fans and when to appeal to her group fans. But most of the time it doesn't come off as contrived at all, and she's been trying to be more natural about it lately.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I have a feeling that Byul’s father is more accepting than her mother.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
08 Mar 2022, 20:37
I don't know. She said no one in her family talked to her about Shutdown. It could be just an overall difficult topic for them considering past issues she had with her image. It also sucked to hear they liked lunatic and supported it but not DSOTM which idk if that had anything to do with the statement she chose to make with it (and the backlash she got for it) or if it was something else.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
as I was watching her latest camping video, I got the exact same feeling. :|
It even seemed to me like mom was being kinda cold overall, though maybe it was just me.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
08 Mar 2022, 21:05
Guest wrote:
I don't know. She said no one in her family talked to her about Shutdown. It could be just an overall difficult topic for them considering past issues she had with her image. It also sucked to hear they liked lunatic and supported it but not DSOTM which idk if that had anything to do with the statement she chose to make with it (and the backlash she got for it) or if it was something else.
I was really surprised to hear that they didn't support Eclipse/dsotm. Knowing how her parents gave her their full support when she decided to become an idol, and told her not to worry about all the people that looked down on her and were awful to her at the beginning of her career led me to believe they were the "I'll support you, no matter what" type of parents, I guess they're more conservative than I thought. Maybe they didn't want to address the elephant in the room, and that's why they didn't say anything about "shutdown". Hey, at least they didn't get angry with her, that's a plus, i guess.

Since she's super close to her family, i don't see her actually coming out publicly unless she's 100% sure it won't affect her relationship with her family. It sucks to be in that kind of situation. :(

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
08 Mar 2022, 21:17
Guest wrote:
It even seemed to me like mom was being kinda cold overall, though maybe it was just me.
We don't know the relationship obvs and maybe that's just how her mom is, but I had the same feeling way back on that weekly idol ep where her mother called in. It's also obvs not so bad that they can't do something close-knit like camping, so that's good.
[spoiler]This all came up months ago with regards to ms as well. Just saying, anyone who watches and thinks it's probably a strained relationship btw mb and her mom probably isn't just imagining it.[/spoiler]

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
08 Mar 2022, 22:09
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
We don't know the relationship obvs and maybe that's just how her mom is, but I had the same feeling way back on that weekly idol ep where her mother called in. It's also obvs not so bad that they can't do something close-knit like camping, so that's good.
[spoiler]This all came up months ago with regards to ms as well. Just saying, anyone who watches and thinks it's probably a strained relationship btw mb and her mom probably isn't just imagining it.[/spoiler]
I got the same impression but it could also be that she’s a bit more shy. At least when the camera is around. I liked that they mentioned that Byul takes after her dad in some ways.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
08 Mar 2022, 22:09
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
that weekly idol scene is kinda painful to watch. mb's face after her mom mentions how she wishes her to find a man... oof

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Yeah I can relate to that last part about her mom's wishes and it hurts to see especially given how close she is with them. But from what she said in an article not long ago, she doesn't really share everything with them anymore so she might not be as reliant on their support and acceptance as we think. I'm rooting for her to live more openly in the future, I hope she finds a way.

Reactions:

Post by guest »

Guest wrote:
Yeah I too got a stand offish vibe from the mum. But then the same vibe was there long back on a show when the hosts called her. Maybe that's just how her mom is ... without thinking too deep into it.

Also byul's relationship with her dad is clearly more closer and free. Girl enjoys being doted on by her daddy. It was nice to see byul being almost a baby around her folks, when usually it's her taking care of folks around her.

I don't know shes been my bias for a very long time. So it was just so heart warming to see her this happy and relaxed around her family that I zoned out her mom being camera shy and a bit stand offish. ^_^

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

"Most recently her duet "Shutdown" with Seori has garnered attention both for its beautiful lyrics, as well as quite explicitly talking about a queer female relationship."

https://genius.com/discussions/446007-I ... s-in-k-pop

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Hello anybody else has heard of the rumor that she came out to her family before releasing 6equence, and has any idea from where it came or has seen it in another place? have seen it in the k-ent topic repeated a good amount of times but nothing else, maybe just especulation... but it doesn't hurt to ask.

Also adding to the other conversation, her mom also gave me the impression of being uneasy, personally i linked it with her not liking the camera (like her sister, i believe too) so i didn't think much of it. In general her dad really seems more outgoing like her, and like the kind of father that just wants his children to be happy. She also seems more close to him, judging just of what was shown, but overall i think they have a better-than-average relation as a family. :goldstar:
Yeah I can relate to that last part about her mom's wishes and it hurts to see especially given how close she is with them. But from what she said in an article not long ago, she doesn't really share everything with them anymore so she might not be as reliant on their support and acceptance as we think. I'm rooting for her to live more openly in the future, I hope she finds a way.
I also relate to her, just rewatched it because i couldn't remember clearly her reaction and yeah... :-/

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 Mar 2022, 06:39
Hello anybody else has heard of the rumor that she came out to her family before releasing 6equence, and has any idea from where it came or has seen it in another place? have seen it in the k-ent topic repeated a good amount of times but nothing else, maybe just especulation... but it doesn't hurt to ask.

Also adding to the other conversation, her mom also gave me the impression of being uneasy, personally i linked it with her not liking the camera (like her sister, i believe too) so i didn't think much of it. In general her dad really seems more outgoing like her, and like the kind of father that just wants his children to be happy. She also seems more close to him, judging just of what was shown, but overall i think they have a better-than-average relation as a family. :goldstar:
I also relate to her, just rewatched it because i couldn't remember clearly her reaction and yeah... :-/
Kinda agree with the bolded; I think the mom and sister are just extra uneasy around the camera, as evidenced when Moonbyul had to nag at her sister to talk about how she should show off the steam from the food. She's also mentioned before that her dad is quite vocally proud of her; if she called him, he'd be like "OH HI MOONBYUL. MY DAUGHTER MOONBYUL IS CALLING!" if he was around other people. He seems rather playful.

I think Moonbyul will be okay, even if her mom doesn't quite approve. Clearly they're still close enough to share lots of gifts (rings) and for Moonbyul to want to take care of her. Again, this is on the assumption that her family isn't okay with it. I don't wanna read too much into it given that we see very little. I was actually surprised; I didn't think she'd record a video with her family all there given how she's normally quite private about them.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I don't know if she came out but they definitely know and they must be aware of it and of her reputation. That they didn't mention Shutdown to her though is a bit disappointing to hear.
How about her gay friend circle though, she must have support there.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I don't know if I'd read a whole lot into her family not saying anything to her about Shutdown. I feel like a lot of parents probably wouldn't want to talk about their child's sex life, no matter how poetically they were describing it. And I feel like most people wouldn't necessarily want to bring up that topic directly with their parents either!

General speculation on how out she is to her family and if so when that happened is interesting though...

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

She's also close to solar's mother apparently and gets along well with her. I get the sense she just prefers investing in relationships with people who treat her with love and respect. Maybe now more than in the past. From the articles she's given and overall with the story she went for especially in her concert, I think the message is clear that she's setting more boundaries for herself with people she's close with. Which explains why she's only deliberately only sharing certain parts of her life with her parents. That seems to me like the healthy way to go about things when you're semi-closeted.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Hard disagree. Her mom and sister very clearly arent used to being on camera. Yall forgeting they arent public figures so its unusual for them. Her dad is more comfy with it. Byul even talked about it in the end that its unusual for her family to be filmed. She spends alot of time with her family and talks about how supportive theyve been. Shes 30 years old so it's really normal she doesnt want to bother her parents with all her problems anymore. Her parents are also older generation korean, talking about sex with your family in general isnt most families normalcy. Idk I think the mere fact she spends alot of time with her family and they're pretty supportive of her and I think they know shes gay but it's not something they're used to or can easily talk about. Alot of korean gays who's family are somewhat supportive are like that.
Also uhm shes not closer to solars mom than her mom, howd yall get that with everything shes said about her family.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 Mar 2022, 07:29
I don't know if I'd read a whole lot into her family not saying anything to her about Shutdown. I feel like a lot of parents probably wouldn't want to talk about their child's sex life, no matter how poetically they were describing it. And I feel like most people wouldn't necessarily want to bring up that topic directly with their parents either!

General speculation on how out she is to her family and if so when that happened is interesting though...
Yes. And also maybe they just didn’t pay attention to it that much cause it wasn’t the title track? Did they say anything about G999? I don’t remember anything.

As for her being out to her family, for the parents I don’t think so but maybe to her sisters she might.
Ive always treated her saying she wants to live overseas as an escape plan not just from kmedia but from her family too. She’s always talking about wanting to buy them a car, a house etc. kinda like looking out for them in the event that she comes out and lives far away she’s atleast given her parents a good life. You know for when she leaves she won’t feel bad about it. That’s just pure SPECULATION on my end cause I thought of that once too :rofl:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 Mar 2022, 09:16
Hard disagree. Her mom and sister very clearly arent used to being on camera. Yall forgeting they arent public figures so its unusual for them. Her dad is more comfy with it. Byul even talked about it in the end that its unusual for her family to be filmed. She spends alot of time with her family and talks about how supportive theyve been. Shes 30 years old so it's really normal she doesnt want to bother her parents with all her problems anymore. Her parents are also older generation korean, talking about sex with your family in general isnt most families normalcy. Idk I think the mere fact she spends alot of time with her family and they're pretty supportive of her and I think they know shes gay but it's not something they're used to or can easily talk about. Alot of korean gays who's family are somewhat supportive are like that.
Also uhm shes not closer to solars mom than her mom, howd yall get that with everything shes said about her family.
You know how moos love to draw up conclusions. Moonbyul going over to Solar’s house without her is her being besties with Solar’s mom apparently. Reminds me of that one translator who likes calling Byul, Kim Byul maknae of the Kim family uwu :mask:

Reactions:

Post by guest »

Guest wrote:
09 Mar 2022, 09:29
Guest wrote:
You know how moos love to draw up conclusions. Moonbyul going over to Solar’s house without her is her being besties with Solar’s mom apparently. Reminds me of that one translator who likes calling Byul, Kim Byul maknae of the Kim family uwu :mask:
I think byul is close to her entire family. Some of them are just camera shy. In regards to solars mom, byuls friendly in general, plus seems like she enjoys hanging out with solars fam. Doesn't directly indicate that she's closer to other woman apart from her mom, that too basis of 1 freaking video.

Also at the op I know which account you are talking about. It is an irritating account 🙄 that's probably run by a straight girl, but yeah the Kim byuli bit was fun at the beginning now it's just blah. Like go find a new joke.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 Mar 2022, 09:29
Guest wrote:
the didn't say she was "closer" to solar's mom than her own mom, just that they seem close. byul has spoken about how she gets on well with solar's mom herself so it's not a drawn up conclusion when byul said it herself.

i do agree though that i think her mom and sister were just awkward about being on camera, byul's dad has been on solarsido before and seems to be a bit more comfortable around the camera than the others, which is perfectly fine.