Korean Entertainment Wave

Reactions:

Re: Korean Entertainment Wave

Post by Guest »

Anyone here with a good summary of who pings the most/are most documented in 2nd and 3rd gen kpop idols?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

So glad this thread was created love discussing interesting topics in peace!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
10 Jan 2022, 22:16
Anyone here with a good summary of who pings the most/are most documented in 2nd and 3rd gen kpop idols?
K-ent thread would be your source loads of essays and lists.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

No gay but I clicked on the video since the girl looked hot and then I read she was the squid game girl, I didn't recognize her, she looks younger on the show

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
10 Jan 2022, 22:14
Guest wrote:
10 Jan 2022, 21:42
There's no drowning out these stans they're in all threads, the only way is to open threads for different age ranges :rofl:
they're dying of dehydration in their tea-less threads
There's no tea itt, it's all whining about the other threads. Boomers.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
10 Jan 2022, 22:13
Guest wrote:
10 Jan 2022, 21:00
I still don't see a reason why all this couldn't be posted in the other thread, since that's how it was before the unwanted stans and their shit started. All these pages could've drowned them out and introduced actual gay talk. You lot do you I guess. 30+ huh? Damn you're all really that old lol. Kidding, carry on.
We don't want to drown them? We just have very different and irreconciliable subject of discussions. They want to straight troll and talk about 4th gen idols we want to have only gay talk and speculation and talk about actresses and 3rd gen and older kpop idols.
As a wave of bihets and tweenagers have taken over most kpop threads the separation is logical our centers of interest are far far too different.
I'll stay with my peacefull undramatic lesbian ajhummas thanks.
Lol undramatic ahjummas :heart:
It's true there's now a dramatic difference between generations, it's getting to the point where we can have generational differences which is cool but we just can't mingle in the same threads for long without going insane :rofl:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
10 Jan 2022, 22:24
No gay but I clicked on the video since the girl looked hot and then I read she was the squid game girl, I didn't recognize her, she looks younger on the show

As much as we all love Hoyeon to be gay she is tragically straight and is in a long tern relationship with a Lee Dong Hwi :( :argh:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
10 Jan 2022, 22:31
Guest wrote:
10 Jan 2022, 22:24
As much as we all love Hoyeon to be gay she is tragically straight and is in a long tern relationship with a Lee Dong Hwi :( :argh:
I looked up her age, she's 27 years old, she looks cute but mature at the same time :$ A shame she's straight but I'm still gonna enjoy watching her :$

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
10 Jan 2022, 22:28
Guest wrote:
10 Jan 2022, 22:14
Guest wrote:
10 Jan 2022, 21:42
There's no drowning out these stans they're in all threads, the only way is to open threads for different age ranges :rofl:
they're dying of dehydration in their tea-less threads
There's no tea itt, it's all whining about the other threads. Boomers.
well this thread was nice while it lasted lol

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest- wrote:
08 Jan 2022, 17:02
Guest wrote:
08 Jan 2022, 16:24
you hags better drop that yuri in brown blazer pic!
yes, m'aam :lol:
This is a piece of history :bowdown:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Has there ever been any tea on Soo Ae? I think she's a great actress and very beautiful, but I can't really find much about her online.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
10 Jan 2022, 14:42
Kim Hye-soo appreciation post

Legendary queen :bowdown:
Is she still with that...production designer, was it? Cafe owner? Some Lchat detective here or on the old board pieced it all together...

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Add Kim Hye-soo to the list of recommended actresses. If you like thriller films watch her in Signal and Special lady.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Are there any actresses with the same SYJ vibes acting and looks wise? I can watch anything that woman does even het boring romcoms, she's just that great and so pretty.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
11 Jan 2022, 01:11
Are there any actresses with the same SYJ vibes acting and looks wise? I can watch anything that woman does even het boring romcoms, she's just that great and so pretty.
Kim Hyun-joo (see p1 of this thread) is, like, the cooler SYJ imo. They look a bit similar sometimes. KHJ does dramas, etc but also more genre work than SYJ and seems a bit...I don't know, more chill or tougher or something. I don't know if that makes sense

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
What k-dramas would everyone recommend from a lesbian perspective? I know we only have crumbs but what is our definitive list?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
11 Jan 2022, 02:56
Guest wrote:
What k-dramas would everyone recommend from a lesbian perspective? I know we only have crumbs but what is our definitive list?
Da- Moonlit Winter, House of hummingbird, Family plan, Hello Dracula, Out of breath

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
10 Jan 2022, 17:38
Guest wrote:
10 Jan 2022, 10:37
Omg I love this thread already! Ladies, I'm still fairly new to watching Kmovies and shows, could I can hear some of your recommendations? I want to get to know more Korean actresses and their work in particular ^_^
Hello.
Han Hyo-joo (heaven and earth, the beauty inside, cold eyes)
Moon Chae-won (Painter in the Wind, Flower of evil)
Kim Tae-ri ( The handmaiden, Mr. Sunshine, Little Forest)
Lee Da-hee ( Search:WWW, The beauty inside)
Ha Ji Won (Empress Ki, Chocolate)
Lee Bo-young (Mine, When my love blooms)
Kim Ok-bin (the Villianess)
Yoo In-na (The Goblin: the lonely and great God, Touch your heart, currently in Snowdrop)

idols turned actors
Lee Ji-eun (IU)- (My mister, Hotel de luna)
Im Yoon-ah (K2)
Kim Yu-jin (Uee)- (White nights)
OP here, thanks so much for replying! I will definitely compile these into a list and check them out ^_^

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
10 Jan 2022, 21:47
Han Hyo-joo and Moon Chae-won were rumoured to have dated. :heart:
What were the rumours, anon? Any background on those two?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
11 Jan 2022, 13:31
Guest wrote:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
10 Jan 2022, 19:33
Speaking of hair.

The struggle :rofl: But my God, just look at them. All of them. They looked soooooo good here.

SNSD - Funny static hair (Coway concert - Compilation: Genie+The boys+ Oh+ Gee)
:rofl: :rofl: and they still look sooooooo good.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
DA, Moon Chae-won:
Posted Ellen Page's 'Hard Candy', Kristen Stewart's 'The Runaways', Chloe, Boys don't cry on Cyworld

Watched Blue is the Warmest Color

There was a video taken recorded by a fan in which MCW pointed to the fan's phone wallpaper, which featured Lea Seydoux, and MCW said that she really likes Lea Seydoux.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
11 Jan 2022, 22:47
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
DA, Moon Chae-won:
Posted Ellen Page's 'Hard Candy', Kristen Stewart's 'The Runaways', Chloe, Boys don't cry on Cyworld

Watched Blue is the Warmest Color

There was a video taken recorded by a fan in which MCW pointed to the fan's phone wallpaper, which featured Lea Seydoux, and MCW said that she really likes Lea Seydoux.
So did all my straight friends...
The wallpaper might mean something though.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
DA- Maybe if we exclude the big 3 (3rd gen gg), then we'll be ok? :lol: Who pings to you anon? For me from GFriend's SinB, Sowon, and Eunha, Sunmi and Yubin from Wonder Girls, APink's Bomi, Chorong, Naeun, and Eunji, BEG's Gain and Miryo, After School's Nana, and WSJN's Bona, Seola, and Eunseo.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
11 Jan 2022, 23:19
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
DA- Maybe if we exclude the big 3 (3rd gen gg), then we'll be ok? :lol: Who pings to you anon? For me from GFriend's SinB, Sowon, and Eunha, Sunmi and Yubin from Wonder Girls, APink's Bomi, Chorong, Naeun, and Eunji, BEG's Gain and Miryo, After School's Nana, and WSJN's Bona, Seola, and Eunseo.
Sunmi said she wasn't gay.
Miryo pings hard though, does anyone have any receipts?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Do you guys think IU is into ladies? Her mrs dalloway lyric makes me sus. Ofc not to mention the morbidly close soulmate relationship thingy she got going with Yoo in na for years.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
11 Jan 2022, 11:01
Guest wrote:
10 Jan 2022, 17:38
Guest wrote:
10 Jan 2022, 10:37
Omg I love this thread already! Ladies, I'm still fairly new to watching Kmovies and shows, could I can hear some of your recommendations? I want to get to know more Korean actresses and their work in particular ^_^
Hello.
Han Hyo-joo (heaven and earth, the beauty inside, cold eyes)
Moon Chae-won (Painter in the Wind, Flower of evil)
Kim Tae-ri ( The handmaiden, Mr. Sunshine, Little Forest)
Lee Da-hee ( Search:WWW, The beauty inside)
Ha Ji Won (Empress Ki, Chocolate)
Lee Bo-young (Mine, When my love blooms)
Kim Ok-bin (the Villianess)
Yoo In-na (The Goblin: the lonely and great God, Touch your heart, currently in Snowdrop)

idols turned actors
Lee Ji-eun (IU)- (My mister, Hotel de luna)
Im Yoon-ah (K2)
Kim Yu-jin (Uee)- (White nights)
OP here, thanks so much for replying! I will definitely compile these into a list and check them out ^_^
You're welcome, anon. ^_^ I hope other posters can list more names. I'm sure I left out plenty, but here's another one.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Da About bona

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 Jan 2022, 00:01
Do you guys think IU is into ladies? Her mrs dalloway lyric makes me sus. Ofc not to mention the morbidly close soulmate relationship thingy she got going with Yoo in na for years.
The first interview I ever saw from her, she really did ping for me. There's something about her.... At the same time I keep seeing Kpop tea insiders [not exactly reputable, I know] really, really convinced she's with one of the BT$ dudes. Which probably means nothing and could just be typical, oh they dared to talk to each other speculation, but it throws me sometimes.

I don't know if Sunmi saying she's straight necessarily means anything. That probably sounds strange to say but she did have to clarify in a difficult context where people thought she fully came out and that would have been a potential career killer. I don't have thoughts on whether she's interested in women or not, I do think she's a very protective of girls kind of unnie and has interestingly courted a few of the more rumored or suspect girls in gen 3 as friends. But she could just be a nice woman.

Some of the less talked about gen three girls I think are interesting are Yoohyeon, Eunha (and that whole...thing with you know) and in fourth gen Olivia Hye.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 Jan 2022, 03:06
Guest wrote:
The first interview I ever saw from her, she really did ping for me. There's something about her.... At the same time I keep seeing Kpop tea insiders [not exactly reputable, I know] really, really convinced she's with one of the BT$ dudes. Which probably means nothing and could just be typical, oh they dared to talk to each other speculation, but it throws me sometimes.

I don't know if Sunmi saying she's straight necessarily means anything. That probably sounds strange to say but she did have to clarify in a difficult context where people thought she fully came out and that would have been a potential career killer. I don't have thoughts on whether she's interested in women or not, I do think she's a very protective of girls kind of unnie and has interestingly courted a few of the more rumored or suspect girls in gen 3 as friends. But she could just be a nice woman.

Some of the less talked about gen three girls I think are interesting are Yoohyeon, Eunha (and that whole...thing with you know) and in fourth gen Olivia Hye.
Kpop tea insiders… how old are you? Grow up.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 Jan 2022, 03:09
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

32 :fool: Sorry, but some of the Korean ones every now and then say something that ends up being true. Usually more so about comeback timings but I follow some of them for that reason. Maybe if you can't read Korean its of no value to you.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 Jan 2022, 03:14
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

32 :fool: Sorry, but some of the Korean ones every now and then say something that ends up being true. Usually more so about comeback timings but I follow some of them for that reason. Maybe if you can't read Korean its of no value to you.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Here we go again, I knew it. Please try to not bring that boy band group to this thread, and no 4th gen talk. Simple. Thank you.🤗 da

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 Jan 2022, 03:14
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

APink’s comeback is near so we will new Chobom contents. In Bomi’s words, “Chobom is forever”.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Whilst I wish it were so, I highly doubt IU is a lesbian. She's had too many dating scandals with men. One confirmed former boyfriend, then that thing with the guy shirtless in a room with her and she was in her PJ's or something. Unlike a Yuri who suspiciously started dating a man who was good friends with her brother and having it confirmed immediately, one second after lesbian rumors were heating up, IU has had no reason to beard quite like that. She could be bisexual, but that's another matter. A lot of the more suspect women around Kpop for lesbianism have no dating history of any sort, whilst there are a few heavily speculated bisexuals (the Taeyeon's and Momo's of the world) who do.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 Jan 2022, 04:09
Whilst I wish it were so, I highly doubt IU is a lesbian. She's had too many dating scandals with men. One confirmed former boyfriend, then that thing with the guy shirtless in a room with her and she was in her PJ's or something. Unlike a Yuri who suspiciously started dating a man who was good friends with her brother and having it confirmed immediately, one second after lesbian rumors were heating up, IU has had no reason to beard quite like that. She could be bisexual, but that's another matter. A lot of the more suspect women around Kpop for lesbianism have no dating history of any sort, whilst there are a few heavily speculated bisexuals (the Taeyeon's and Momo's of the world) who do.
I adore IU I’ve been a fan since her 2008 debut. Regarding her sexuality she is likely a pansexual. Many dating scandals & currently involved with a member of BTS? both are NOT true. She had a long term boyfriend whom she already broke up with ever since she hasn’t been linked or seen with a man. How she writes gender neutral lyrics, recommended movies like: Fried Green Tomatoes, Carol, Blue is the Warmest Color, The House of Hummingbird, San Junipero makes me think she is a pansexual and thinks of love as to what it is.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 Jan 2022, 04:45
Only on thelchat.net you manage to see IU and the word lesbian in one sentence. People aren’t this delusional? Cause that woman is clearly straight and her links and history with hideous men is quite public so wtf?
You can’t just decide that all your popular faves are lesbians out of nowhere, especially when there is tons of public knowledge that prove they are straight.
Only on lchat? Here’s a list of Idols whom lesbians love in Korea
https://www.allkpop.com/article/2020/12 ... y-lesbians IU is on their #2 list.
People who think IU is straight doesn’t know or think much of her

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 Jan 2022, 04:52
Guest wrote:
I adore IU I’ve been a fan since her 2008 debut. Regarding her sexuality she is likely a pansexual. Many dating scandals & currently involved with a member of BTS? both are NOT true. She had a long term boyfriend whom she already broke up with ever since she hasn’t been linked or seen with a man. How she writes gender neutral lyrics, recommended movies like: Fried Green Tomatoes, Carol, Blue is the Warmest Color, The House of Hummingbird, San Junipero makes me think she is a pansexual and thinks of love as to what it is.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 Jan 2022, 04:57
Guest wrote:
Only on thelchat.net you manage to see IU and the word lesbian in one sentence. People aren’t this delusional? Cause that woman is clearly straight and her links and history with hideous men is quite public so wtf?
You can’t just decide that all your popular faves are lesbians out of nowhere, especially when there is tons of public knowledge that prove they are straight.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 Jan 2022, 04:57
Guest wrote:
Dear God it’s this list again.. you people really need to stop using it in the wrong context. Lesbians anywhere have eyes and taste and they don’t only like other lesbians. IU is successful and attractive ofc they like her? The list is for idols that Korean lesbians like.Reading is a thing. No one outside of here calls this woman a lesbian.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 Jan 2022, 04:59
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
You need to unclenched. may I know who among these Idols have recommended Fried Green Tomatoes, The House of Hummingbird, and San Junipero as their movie recs? Its very specific and as far as I know idols only know overrated movies like Carol & Blue is the Warmest Color. Recommending movies and books is a huge part of IU’s personality maybe to you recommendation like this isn’t enough proof to prove a sexuality or mental state but to most people it is. So weird how people like you will not consider any form of art to be a basis of someone’s sexuality but will straight up conclude someone isn’t for she acted “fruity”, dressed in rainbow colors, and publicly kissed a friend. Many idols don’t have dating of that level because they aren’t as success and popular as IU also stop bring that shirtless pic 24/7 thats eons ago. I wonder whats your next het explanation for this? Image

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
How she writes gender neutral lyrics, recommended movies like: Fried Green Tomatoes, Carol, Blue is the Warmest Color, The House of Hummingbird, San Junipero makes me think she is a pansexual and thinks of love as to what it is.
Not talking about IU. Those films are exactly what my super straight Korean mom and sister and other cinephile/netflix-etc-loving female friends like too...

My super straight married sister (no lesbian inclination whatsoever; we are close and open w each other) also has a super straight married best friend since college (while they're same aged) like IU & YIN. They have done tons of duo activities - with their pets - for more than 10 years, even traveled together, gone to concerts of female performers popular with lesbians but also straight women who like empowered independent female images.

I'm just saying that one can be straight, lesbian, bi while we would never know but these criteria is kinda... not for me anyway.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 Jan 2022, 05:26
Guest wrote:
12 Jan 2022, 04:59
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
You need to unclenched. may I know who among these Idols have recommended Fried Green Tomatoes, The House of Hummingbird, and San Junipero as their movie recs? Its very specific and as far as I know idols only know overrated movies like Carol & Blue is the Warmest Color. Recommending movies and books is a huge part of IU’s personality maybe to you recommendation like this isn’t enough proof to prove a sexuality or mental state but to most people it is. So weird how people like you will not consider any form of art to be a basis of someone’s sexuality but will straight up conclude someone isn’t for she acted “fruity”, dressed in rainbow colors, and publicly kissed a friend. Many idols don’t have dating of that level because they aren’t as success and popular as IU also stop bring that shirtless pic 24/7 thats eons ago. I wonder whats your next het explanation for this? Image

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Of all the APink girls you mentioned, Chorong pings the hardest for me and I was so surprised because I wouldn't have expected her to be the most suspicious to me. But the number of times she's vehemently said she can't and won't get married I'm like... she is literally me lol

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
I'm one of the few lol She constantly says that she gets inspired by Yoo Inna. Her recent song You is so sweet. She misses her so much she decides to write poetry for her lol the way she wrote the lyrics are so deep that english translators couldn't capture it clearly

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
She made a song a decade ago about wanting to marry Sulli. She is def bi.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 Jan 2022, 09:01
Guest wrote:
She made a song a decade ago about wanting to marry Sulli. She is def bi.
I know she said she was speaking from a man's perspective but no one here who knows anything would actually take that seriously. So this is definitely not something to dismiss.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
DA why ru mad? Pls know where you are or gtfo. Straight trolls really have no life.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 Jan 2022, 06:41
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Of all the APink girls you mentioned, Chorong pings the hardest for me and I was so surprised because I wouldn't have expected her to be the most suspicious to me. But the number of times she's vehemently said she can't and won't get married I'm like... she is literally me lol
She’s religious and conservative so could be a closeted gay.