Mamamoo; korean girl group

Post Reply
Guest
Reactions:

Re: Mamamoo; korean girl group

#4551

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
02 Jan 2021, 20:26
Guest wrote:
02 Jan 2021, 19:40
Does anybody have a specific genre or style that they would like to see Wheein try in her solo? I'm honestly trying to temper my expectations, because none of their releases this year (group or solo) have been my cup of tea, but I love "Easy", so I hope Wheein surprises me again.
I don’ t really have any specific genre but something like ‘easy’ for me is just not it. I don’t quite like it.
Also did you actually watched their mbc gayo daejeon perf? The candy spoiler is part of their outfit in mbc gayo daejeon. W, S and M had a pouch/small bag with candies in it.
I watched it, but a bunch of moomoos were saying those pouches were also supposed to be a spoiler for Wheein's comeback. Since I didn't see their vlive, I assumed it could be a possibility. Again, the comments I've read specifically said the members were talking about a Wheein related spoiler in their vlive, not a group performance stage. But it could just be moos taking things out of context. I guess I'll have to make time to watch the full vlive.

I'd be relieved if the vlive spoiler was for their mbc stage.

Guest
Reactions:

Re: Mamamoo; korean girl group

#4552

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
02 Jan 2021, 21:09
Guest wrote:
02 Jan 2021, 20:26
Guest wrote:
02 Jan 2021, 19:40
Does anybody have a specific genre or style that they would like to see Wheein try in her solo? I'm honestly trying to temper my expectations, because none of their releases this year (group or solo) have been my cup of tea, but I love "Easy", so I hope Wheein surprises me again.
I don’ t really have any specific genre but something like ‘easy’ for me is just not it. I don’t quite like it.
Also did you actually watched their mbc gayo daejeon perf? The candy spoiler is part of their outfit in mbc gayo daejeon. W, S and M had a pouch/small bag with candies in it.
I watched it, but a bunch of moomoos were saying those pouches were also supposed to be a spoiler for Wheein's comeback. Since I didn't see their vlive, I assumed it could be a possibility. Again, the comments I've read specifically said the members were talking about a Wheein related spoiler in their vlive, not a group performance stage. But it could just be moos taking things out of context. I guess I'll have to make time to watch the full vlive.

I'd be relieved if the vlive spoiler was for their mbc stage.
Tbh with the girls we can’t be sure. They give spoilers all the time. And most part of the fandom just love to speculate and clown themselves. The w solo spoiler could be real. Some even find it weird that H is the only one who did not have it and they thought it might be a hint for something. But I guess we can only wait and see.

Guest
Reactions:

Re: Mamamoo; korean girl group

#4553

Post by Guest »

What's the January schedule ?

Guest
Reactions:

Re: Mamamoo; korean girl group

#4554

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
04 Jan 2021, 19:40
What's the January schedule ?
I know we have the Seoul Music Awards. Not sure of the date, though. Maybe 24th? MMM will, probably, prerecord for this one.
They might make an announcement on the 7th. Whether about their future as a group, Wheein's solo, or something else, I can only speculate.

There could be more, but I'm never good with keeping track of these things. Perhaps someone else knows better.

Guest
Reactions:

Re: Mamamoo; korean girl group

#4555

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
05 Jan 2021, 13:05
Guest wrote:
04 Jan 2021, 19:40
What's the January schedule ?
I know we have the Seoul Music Awards. Not sure of the date, though. Maybe 24th? MMM will, probably, prerecord for this one.
They might make an announcement on the 7th. Whether about their future as a group, Wheein's solo, or something else, I can only speculate.

There could be more, but I'm never good with keeping track of these things. Perhaps someone else knows better.
The only thing confirmed is the Golden Disk Awards on Jan 9th.

Guest
Reactions:

Re: Mamamoo; korean girl group

#4556

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
05 Jan 2021, 13:05
Guest wrote:
04 Jan 2021, 19:40
What's the January schedule ?
I know we have the Seoul Music Awards. Not sure of the date, though. Maybe 24th? MMM will, probably, prerecord for this one.
They might make an announcement on the 7th. Whether about their future as a group, Wheein's solo, or something else, I can only speculate.

There could be more, but I'm never good with keeping track of these things. Perhaps someone else knows better.
There is no exact date for SMA yet. 24th is the last day to vote. Gda is on 9th and 10th Jan. This one is pre-recorded i think, probably recorded on 7th.

Guest
Reactions:

Re: Mamamoo; korean girl group

#4557

Post by Guest »


No disbanding

Guest
Reactions:

Re: Mamamoo; korean girl group

#4558

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
05 Jan 2021, 19:47

No disbanding
M is renewing. Thats all I get from that. Unless everyone is confirming. Only her and S had been very vocal about tour/concert/new album etc. Because logically speaking, with 2 members less, MMM is still MMM. Just like Bol4.

Guest
Reactions:

Re: Mamamoo; korean girl group

#4559

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
06 Jan 2021, 05:54
Guest wrote:
05 Jan 2021, 19:47

No disbanding
M is renewing. Thats all I get from that. Unless everyone is confirming. Only her and S had been very vocal about tour/concert/new album etc. Because logically speaking, with 2 members less, MMM is still MMM. Just like Bol4.
da wheein also confirmed her solo and said this

its pretty much confirmed theyre not disbanding any time soon and are renewing with rbw, which is unfortunate. Wish they couldve just done the change labels but still meet as a group thing got7 is doing and b.e.g does

Essotea
Reactions:

Re: Mamamoo; korean girl group

#4560

Post by Essotea »

Guest wrote:
06 Jan 2021, 05:54
Guest wrote:
05 Jan 2021, 19:47

No disbanding
M is renewing. Thats all I get from that. Unless everyone is confirming. Only her and S had been very vocal about tour/concert/new album etc. Because logically speaking, with 2 members less, MMM is still MMM. Just like Bol4.
:rofl: eh MMM with just those 2? I don't see it but okay

GUEST
Reactions:

Re: Mamamoo; korean girl group

#4561

Post by GUEST »

Guest wrote:
06 Jan 2021, 06:09
Guest wrote:
06 Jan 2021, 05:54
Guest wrote:
05 Jan 2021, 19:47

No disbanding
M is renewing. Thats all I get from that. Unless everyone is confirming. Only her and S had been very vocal about tour/concert/new album etc. Because logically speaking, with 2 members less, MMM is still MMM. Just like Bol4.
da wheein also confirmed her solo and said this

its pretty much confirmed theyre not disbanding any time soon and are renewing with rbw, which is unfortunate. Wish they couldve just done the change labels but still meet as a group thing got7 is doing and b.e.g does
Well thank God the decision and money is in their hands. Whether it be an extension of contract or a renewal they know why they chose to stay together.

Guest
Reactions:

Re: Mamamoo; korean girl group

#4562

Post by Guest »

Essotea wrote:
06 Jan 2021, 07:32
Guest wrote:
06 Jan 2021, 05:54
Guest wrote:
05 Jan 2021, 19:47

No disbanding
M is renewing. Thats all I get from that. Unless everyone is confirming. Only her and S had been very vocal about tour/concert/new album etc. Because logically speaking, with 2 members less, MMM is still MMM. Just like Bol4.
:rofl: eh MMM with just those 2? I don't see it but okay
I can’t see it as well but anything is possible. I just dont want to hope for something that is still vague in case it end up with disappointment. If they don’t resign as four, everything had been said is just empty talk that give false hope to the fans which had happened so very often with idol.

User avatar
moomoo
Member
Reactions: 15
Posts: 110
Joined: 06 Jan 2019, 05:09

Re: Mamamoo; korean girl group

#4563

Post by moomoo »

I personally think they are resigning. I really can’t see some members resigning and others not. I feel like their decision is a group decision and they will renew for a few more years. Wheein is releasing a solo. Moonbyul seems like she’s ready to drop another solo. Moonsun subunit keeps being brought up. I sure Hwasa working on more stuff as she never stops working. And I’m sure another group album like Moonbyul suggested is in the works for this year. I guess we’ll here soon what the decision is but I’m 95% confident that renewing is what they all did
1
1 Image

Guest
Reactions:

Re: Mamamoo; korean girl group

#4564

Post by Guest »

GUEST wrote:
06 Jan 2021, 07:35
Guest wrote:
06 Jan 2021, 06:09
Guest wrote:
06 Jan 2021, 05:54


M is renewing. Thats all I get from that. Unless everyone is confirming. Only her and S had been very vocal about tour/concert/new album etc. Because logically speaking, with 2 members less, MMM is still MMM. Just like Bol4.
da wheein also confirmed her solo and said this

its pretty much confirmed theyre not disbanding any time soon and are renewing with rbw, which is unfortunate. Wish they couldve just done the change labels but still meet as a group thing got7 is doing and b.e.g does
Well thank God the decision and money is in their hands. Whether it be an extension of contract or a renewal they know why they chose to stay together.
I hope they renew, even if just for one year. As far as I know, a contract extension would not alter any of its clauses, so Mamamoo would not be able to demand any changes.
Their current contracts might not be bad, but they were very young and inexperienced when they signed them, so I'm certain they can do much better with fresh ones.

I'm happy there are big chances that they will stay together for longer, but, as other people have mentioned, I'm not sure putting all their eggs in the RBW basket is the best strategy. There have been discussions about this before, but even if RBW were more competent, they would still have struggled to manage them, both as a group and as soloists at the same time.
If one of the members gets an opportunity, it will be hard for them to put it off just because it wasn't their turn for a solo comeback. And it could even kill the momentum.
Not to mention that, if all four of them have at least one comeback per year, moomoos will have no choice but to prioritize who to support (in terms of buying albums), since not many of us are wealthy enough to afford one group and 4 solo comebacks in one year.

The bottom line is that I'm cautiously optimistic :lol:

Guest
Reactions:

Re: Mamamoo; korean girl group

#4565

Post by Guest »

If they're renewing probably it will be like one comeback year and they will focus on solos the rest of time

Guest
Reactions:

Re: Mamamoo; korean girl group

#4566

Post by Guest »

GUEST wrote:
06 Jan 2021, 07:35
Guest wrote:
06 Jan 2021, 06:09
Guest wrote:
06 Jan 2021, 05:54


M is renewing. Thats all I get from that. Unless everyone is confirming. Only her and S had been very vocal about tour/concert/new album etc. Because logically speaking, with 2 members less, MMM is still MMM. Just like Bol4.
da wheein also confirmed her solo and said this

its pretty much confirmed theyre not disbanding any time soon and are renewing with rbw, which is unfortunate. Wish they couldve just done the change labels but still meet as a group thing got7 is doing and b.e.g does
Well thank God the decision and money is in their hands. Whether it be an extension of contract or a renewal they know why they chose to stay together.
still unfortunate their solo careers are gonna suffer in rbw

Guest
Reactions:

Re: Mamamoo; korean girl group

#4567

Post by Guest »

moomoo wrote:
06 Jan 2021, 09:05
I personally think they are resigning. I really can’t see some members resigning and others not. I feel like their decision is a group decision and they will renew for a few more years. Wheein is releasing a solo. Moonbyul seems like she’s ready to drop another solo. Moonsun subunit keeps being brought up. I sure Hwasa working on more stuff as she never stops working. And I’m sure another group album like Moonbyul suggested is in the works for this year. I guess we’ll here soon what the decision is but I’m 95% confident that renewing is what they all did
Re: "group decision"
I'm not sure how practical that is. If they were a group with no soloists with significant success then they could easily negotiate as a group and it would be easy as pie. But because each of them are soloists in their own right, e.g. Byul for example has potential to be an albums powerhouse while Hwasa is a triple threat as a singer-variety performer-CF queen, they are not all negotiating from the same level as individuals. Hwasa's brand alone could command a hell of a lot of money, so that needs to be accounted for when it comes to contracting her as a soloist. Same with Solar who brings her YouTube channel, significant album sales, some level of variety cache.

It's just a whole different ballgame.

Anyway, I hope that they have each negotiated the most advantageous contracts possible for themselves individually and as a group. Whether it's with RBW or not. They are now veterans of the industry, so they can't continue slogging on as if they're rookies. And if RBW is unable to treat them like that, they shouldn't bother renewing with them.

Guest
Reactions:

Re: Mamamoo; korean girl group

#4568

Post by Guest »


Guest
Reactions:

Re: Mamamoo; korean girl group

#4569

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
07 Jan 2021, 19:42
They might've agreed on a short extension or something to release. The contract is pretty clear about their relationship.

Guest
Reactions:

Re: Mamamoo; korean girl group

#4570

Post by Guest »

im like 99% sure they already resigned but under different contracts with different terms & expiration dates. In my imagination, the girl will sign to RBW as soloist & have another contract binding them to Mamamoo (which I assume a RBW's property). Hopefully, it comes with better profit sharing, promotion opportunity (case in point RBW twitter starting to promote solarsido channel) and more control on their group activities & music making. There is simply no point to move to another agency unless the profit sharing is sh!t or being mismanaged (like g*t7 case), people like to think moving to another company and work with new producers who have no prior knowledge about your musical style or goals, is easy as eating a cake but very untrue. So yeah, there is no incentive for the girls to seeking out better alternatives (there are better options for sure, but it will cost time & energy or even change in working style to really utilizing those alternatives). Term wise I think it will be another 3 years or even less, so the girls can have freedom to pursue whatever afterwards.

Guest
Reactions:

Re: Mamamoo; korean girl group

#4571

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
07 Jan 2021, 20:50
im like 99% sure they already resigned but under different contracts with different terms & expiration dates. In my imagination, the girl will sign to RBW as soloist & have another contract binding them to Mamamoo (which I assume a RBW's property). Hopefully, it comes with better profit sharing, promotion opportunity (case in point RBW twitter starting to promote solarsido channel) and more control on their group activities & music making. There is simply no point to move to another agency unless the profit sharing is sh!t or being mismanaged (like g*t7 case), people like to think moving to another company and work with new producers who have no prior knowledge about your musical style or goals, is easy as eating a cake but very untrue. So yeah, there is no incentive for the girls to seeking out better alternatives (there are better options for sure, but it will cost time & energy or even change in working style to really utilizing those alternatives). Term wise I think it will be another 3 years or even less, so the girls can have freedom to pursue whatever afterwards.
da mamamoo are being mismanaged though. Your point about working with new producers is confusing me cause isnt one of rbws fault is not letting them work with new producer so their music has downgraded and has gone stale. I mean, arent artists supposed to tell producers their style and goals and thats what mamamoo does so they could easily do it in another company. The reason sm artists music are good mostly, rv, exo, taemin, tvxq is because they have alot of different producers around the world on dial. Moving to another company because they want you and you like what theyre offering isnt as stressful as you're making it sound. If they find better alternatives, wouldnt it be smarter to take it? I would think mamamoo are smart enough and arent too overtly devoted to rbw to meet other agencies to have more options on their plates other than rbw. If theres no announcement today i think theyre gonna continue with rbw for the rest of the year and leave sometime at the end of summer

Guest
Reactions:

Re: Mamamoo; korean girl group

#4572

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
07 Jan 2021, 21:38
Guest wrote:
07 Jan 2021, 20:50
im like 99% sure they already resigned but under different contracts with different terms & expiration dates. In my imagination, the girl will sign to RBW as soloist & have another contract binding them to Mamamoo (which I assume a RBW's property). Hopefully, it comes with better profit sharing, promotion opportunity (case in point RBW twitter starting to promote solarsido channel) and more control on their group activities & music making. There is simply no point to move to another agency unless the profit sharing is sh!t or being mismanaged (like g*t7 case), people like to think moving to another company and work with new producers who have no prior knowledge about your musical style or goals, is easy as eating a cake but very untrue. So yeah, there is no incentive for the girls to seeking out better alternatives (there are better options for sure, but it will cost time & energy or even change in working style to really utilizing those alternatives). Term wise I think it will be another 3 years or even less, so the girls can have freedom to pursue whatever afterwards.
da mamamoo are being mismanaged though. Your point about working with new producers is confusing me cause isnt one of rbws fault is not letting them work with new producer so their music has downgraded and has gone stale. I mean, arent artists supposed to tell producers their style and goals and thats what mamamoo does so they could easily do it in another company. The reason sm artists music are good mostly, rv, exo, taemin, tvxq is because they have alot of different producers around the world on dial. Moving to another company because they want you and you like what theyre offering isnt as stressful as you're making it sound. If they find better alternatives, wouldnt it be smarter to take it? I would think mamamoo are smart enough and arent too overtly devoted to rbw to meet other agencies to have more options on their plates other than rbw. If theres no announcement today i think theyre gonna continue with rbw for the rest of the year and leave sometime at the end of summer
I agree with the bolded part.
It's not like mamamoo can't work with different, new producers. The problem is that RBW doesn't want to go that route (because of greed?). After so many years in the industry, and given the girls' love for music, I'd be really surprised to find out they don't have, at least, a couple of producers (outside of RBW) that they would be thrilled to work with.

As for moving to another company, I don't think it would be stressful, but I do think it would require a bit more time for them to get accustomed with the new environment. Hwasa could probably go anywhere she wants, and Wheein might be better off with an indie label, but I think all four of them just feel more comfortable in RBW (even if Byul and Solar shade them frequently).
It's easy for us to speculate that the reason they aren't bigger is because RBW has fucked up multiple times and in multiple ways (an opinion that I agree with), but I'm not sure a different company or label would, necessarily, bring them more success or fulfillment.

Perhaps, the best compromise would be for them to stay under RBW as a group, but go to different labels for their solo careers. They can't be "mamamoo" if they aren't with RBW, anyway. I'm not sure if Hwasa or Solar would get to keep their stage names if they leave RBW, though.

Whatever they choose, I'm willing to make sacrifices to some ancient gods for them to receive better produced songs (with more challenging vocals) and better directed MVs.

Guest
Reactions:

Re: Mamamoo; korean girl group

#4573

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
07 Jan 2021, 19:42
what the fuck is that logic? They're not even from the same label

Guest
Reactions:

Re: Mamamoo; korean girl group

#4574

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
07 Jan 2021, 21:38
Guest wrote:
07 Jan 2021, 20:50
im like 99% sure they already resigned but under different contracts with different terms & expiration dates. In my imagination, the girl will sign to RBW as soloist & have another contract binding them to Mamamoo (which I assume a RBW's property). Hopefully, it comes with better profit sharing, promotion opportunity (case in point RBW twitter starting to promote solarsido channel) and more control on their group activities & music making. There is simply no point to move to another agency unless the profit sharing is sh!t or being mismanaged (like g*t7 case), people like to think moving to another company and work with new producers who have no prior knowledge about your musical style or goals, is easy as eating a cake but very untrue. So yeah, there is no incentive for the girls to seeking out better alternatives (there are better options for sure, but it will cost time & energy or even change in working style to really utilizing those alternatives). Term wise I think it will be another 3 years or even less, so the girls can have freedom to pursue whatever afterwards.
da mamamoo are being mismanaged though. Your point about working with new producers is confusing me cause isnt one of rbws fault is not letting them work with new producer so their music has downgraded and has gone stale. I mean, arent artists supposed to tell producers their style and goals and thats what mamamoo does so they could easily do it in another company. The reason sm artists music are good mostly, rv, exo, taemin, tvxq is because they have alot of different producers around the world on dial. Moving to another company because they want you and you like what theyre offering isnt as stressful as you're making it sound. If they find better alternatives, wouldnt it be smarter to take it? I would think mamamoo are smart enough and arent too overtly devoted to rbw to meet other agencies to have more options on their plates other than rbw. If theres no announcement today i think theyre gonna continue with rbw for the rest of the year and leave sometime at the end of summer
kinda funny you'd mention sm, the big company known to mismanage their only gg and where the artists have so little control on the songs they perform. how many credits for all of rv, exo, taemin, tvqx for the thousands of songs they released ? why so few of them in the credits lists ? why so many people needed to create their songs ? you might like it, they might like it, people might like it, but that ain't mamamoo. they have been involved in their work since day one with one exception. all their solo work as of now is very them and at least hwasa can work with whomever she wants and have no kdh involved.
mamamoo can be managed better, rbw has done plenty of shit but you don't become a top gg for years being a vocal group from a nugu company with all members being top notch soloists if said company has not done some things right. mamamoo are already really rich, independent, in control of their work. new contracts with better share of profits and more freedom what's not to like. wonder who can offer or has offered them better terms as in things they can't have with rbw.

Guest
Reactions:

Re: Mamamoo; korean girl group

#4575

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
07 Jan 2021, 23:16
Guest wrote:
07 Jan 2021, 19:42
what the fuck is that logic? They're not even from the same label
da huh?? It makes alot of sense though?? Rbws deafening silence even though their contract has technically ended and if an artist is renewing there wouldve already been news about it, makes this tweet make sense.

Guest
Reactions:

Re: Mamamoo; korean girl group

#4576

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
07 Jan 2021, 23:20
Guest wrote:
07 Jan 2021, 21:38
Guest wrote:
07 Jan 2021, 20:50
im like 99% sure they already resigned but under different contracts with different terms & expiration dates. In my imagination, the girl will sign to RBW as soloist & have another contract binding them to Mamamoo (which I assume a RBW's property). Hopefully, it comes with better profit sharing, promotion opportunity (case in point RBW twitter starting to promote solarsido channel) and more control on their group activities & music making. There is simply no point to move to another agency unless the profit sharing is sh!t or being mismanaged (like g*t7 case), people like to think moving to another company and work with new producers who have no prior knowledge about your musical style or goals, is easy as eating a cake but very untrue. So yeah, there is no incentive for the girls to seeking out better alternatives (there are better options for sure, but it will cost time & energy or even change in working style to really utilizing those alternatives). Term wise I think it will be another 3 years or even less, so the girls can have freedom to pursue whatever afterwards.
da mamamoo are being mismanaged though. Your point about working with new producers is confusing me cause isnt one of rbws fault is not letting them work with new producer so their music has downgraded and has gone stale. I mean, arent artists supposed to tell producers their style and goals and thats what mamamoo does so they could easily do it in another company. The reason sm artists music are good mostly, rv, exo, taemin, tvxq is because they have alot of different producers around the world on dial. Moving to another company because they want you and you like what theyre offering isnt as stressful as you're making it sound. If they find better alternatives, wouldnt it be smarter to take it? I would think mamamoo are smart enough and arent too overtly devoted to rbw to meet other agencies to have more options on their plates other than rbw. If theres no announcement today i think theyre gonna continue with rbw for the rest of the year and leave sometime at the end of summer
kinda funny you'd mention sm, the big company known to mismanage their only gg and where the artists have so little control on the songs they perform. how many credits for all of rv, exo, taemin, tvqx for the thousands of songs they released ? why so few of them in the credits lists ? why so many people needed to create their songs ? you might like it, they might like it, people might like it, but that ain't mamamoo. they have been involved in their work since day one with one exception. all their solo work as of now is very them and at least hwasa can work with whomever she wants and have no kdh involved.
mamamoo can be managed better, rbw has done plenty of shit but you don't become a top gg for years being a vocal group from a nugu company with all members being top notch soloists if said company has not done some things right. mamamoo are already really rich, independent, in control of their work. new contracts with better share of profits and more freedom what's not to like. wonder who can offer or has offered them better terms as in things they can't have with rbw.
You obviousy cant read cause my point was about their music being good because they work with alot of different producers because i was replying to the point about working with new producers. You've obviously never see a sm artist credit if you think the producer credit is too long. The problem with kpop now is kpop fans thinking self produced automatically makes a song good. writing your own song doesnt make you more of an artist than those that dont. Thats why producers exist. If an idol doesnt compose their song its because they cant. ch*nyeol, taemin, jonghyun, ta*yong are the ones i can think of rn that self produces. You think sm is gonna give up professional producers that make quality songs just for kpop fans validation. Also their solo artists are actively involved with their solo preperations and k*i mentioned choosing the songs he wanted for his album and came up with the film. s*hun and ch*nyeol unit was all self produced, planned and managed. Same goes for taemin, jonghyun and taeyeon. So this idea because their idols arent dominating komca means they dont have creative freedom is so false. And it was pushed by armys because of their b*s is a real artist and not idol shit. gdr*gon was the reason kpop companies started pushing the idol producer image. I dont like sm and dont want the girls to go there. My only point was that their music is good. Sm is a shitty and shady company that only cares about their male artists.
rbw have showed they cant handle their solo careers. And with new groups also debuting, the only thing that can save them is if theres a company wide improvement.

Guest
Reactions:

Re: Mamamoo; korean girl group

#4577

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
07 Jan 2021, 23:47
Guest wrote:
07 Jan 2021, 23:20
Guest wrote:
07 Jan 2021, 21:38

da mamamoo are being mismanaged though. Your point about working with new producers is confusing me cause isnt one of rbws fault is not letting them work with new producer so their music has downgraded and has gone stale. I mean, arent artists supposed to tell producers their style and goals and thats what mamamoo does so they could easily do it in another company. The reason sm artists music are good mostly, rv, exo, taemin, tvxq is because they have alot of different producers around the world on dial. Moving to another company because they want you and you like what theyre offering isnt as stressful as you're making it sound. If they find better alternatives, wouldnt it be smarter to take it? I would think mamamoo are smart enough and arent too overtly devoted to rbw to meet other agencies to have more options on their plates other than rbw. If theres no announcement today i think theyre gonna continue with rbw for the rest of the year and leave sometime at the end of summer
kinda funny you'd mention sm, the big company known to mismanage their only gg and where the artists have so little control on the songs they perform. how many credits for all of rv, exo, taemin, tvqx for the thousands of songs they released ? why so few of them in the credits lists ? why so many people needed to create their songs ? you might like it, they might like it, people might like it, but that ain't mamamoo. they have been involved in their work since day one with one exception. all their solo work as of now is very them and at least hwasa can work with whomever she wants and have no kdh involved.
mamamoo can be managed better, rbw has done plenty of shit but you don't become a top gg for years being a vocal group from a nugu company with all members being top notch soloists if said company has not done some things right. mamamoo are already really rich, independent, in control of their work. new contracts with better share of profits and more freedom what's not to like. wonder who can offer or has offered them better terms as in things they can't have with rbw.
You obviousy cant read cause my point was about their music being good because they work with alot of different producers because i was replying to the point about working with new producers. You've obviously never see a sm artist credit if you think the producer credit is too long. The problem with kpop now is kpop fans thinking self produced automatically makes a song good. writing your own song doesnt make you more of an artist than those that dont. Thats why producers exist. If an idol doesnt compose their song its because they cant. ch*nyeol, taemin, jonghyun, ta*yong are the ones i can think of rn that self produces. You think sm is gonna give up professional producers that make quality songs just for kpop fans validation. Also their solo artists are actively involved with their solo preperations and k*i mentioned choosing the songs he wanted for his album and came up with the film. s*hun and ch*nyeol unit was all self produced, planned and managed. Same goes for taemin, jonghyun and taeyeon. So this idea because their idols arent dominating komca means they dont have creative freedom is so false. And it was pushed by armys because of their b*s is a real artist and not idol shit. gdr*gon was the reason kpop companies started pushing the idol producer image. I dont like sm and dont want the girls to go there. My only point was that their music is good. Sm is a shitty and shady company that only cares about their male artists.
rbw have showed they cant handle their solo careers. And with new groups also debuting, the only thing that can save them is if theres a company wide improvement.
Producing your own art does make idol an artist. The difference is whether the things you produced are good or not. Writing and composing a good songs that appeal to a lot of people (especially non-fans) makes you a good artist. I personally not impress with high KOMCA credit when majority of the songs make no ‘noise’.

Guest
Reactions:

Re: Mamamoo; korean girl group

#4578

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
07 Jan 2021, 21:38
Guest wrote:
07 Jan 2021, 20:50
im like 99% sure they already resigned but under different contracts with different terms & expiration dates. In my imagination, the girl will sign to RBW as soloist & have another contract binding them to Mamamoo (which I assume a RBW's property). Hopefully, it comes with better profit sharing, promotion opportunity (case in point RBW twitter starting to promote solarsido channel) and more control on their group activities & music making. There is simply no point to move to another agency unless the profit sharing is sh!t or being mismanaged (like g*t7 case), people like to think moving to another company and work with new producers who have no prior knowledge about your musical style or goals, is easy as eating a cake but very untrue. So yeah, there is no incentive for the girls to seeking out better alternatives (there are better options for sure, but it will cost time & energy or even change in working style to really utilizing those alternatives). Term wise I think it will be another 3 years or even less, so the girls can have freedom to pursue whatever afterwards.
da mamamoo are being mismanaged though. Your point about working with new producers is confusing me cause isnt one of rbws fault is not letting them work with new producer so their music has downgraded and has gone stale. I mean, arent artists supposed to tell producers their style and goals and thats what mamamoo does so they could easily do it in another company. The reason sm artists music are good mostly, rv, exo, taemin, tvxq is because they have alot of different producers around the world on dial. Moving to another company because they want you and you like what theyre offering isnt as stressful as you're making it sound. If they find better alternatives, wouldnt it be smarter to take it? I would think mamamoo are smart enough and arent too overtly devoted to rbw to meet other agencies to have more options on their plates other than rbw. If theres no announcement today i think theyre gonna continue with rbw for the rest of the year and leave sometime at the end of summer
Because they personally involve with the music creation side, and it both a blessing and a curse. Blessing because they have freedom in creating music they like, and they need producers who will understand their intention and deliver it in terms of music, a curse because this requires a deeper connection between artist and producers. Maybe the truth is the girls are getting too comfortable with their own in-house producers, and they don't want to venture out.The reason why sm artist music are good because sm artist never involve in the creating process, they just sing the final product, every single step in the process has been standardized and being discussion by teams of people. You act as if moving to another company is easy but even hyun* or d*wn moving to p*nation take time to churn out music, they not one month jump to new company and another month releasing bops for you. It requires you meet and greet with entire new team, not only music but also marketing, PR and even stylist. As I said there are better option out there, but any better options require a large amount of commitment to shift your working style and effort to getting fit into that company and it is hard and not easy as many thinks. 3M are still at the peaks, there is no reason to waste time getting adjusted to new company if the current company willing to share more and put you as their #1 priority. Also extension is unlikely because their 2014 contract must so fucking trash just because they were nugu at time, there is no point to extend that contract. To this point, people need to decide whether they want a successful but a soulless mamamoo or a mamamoo that ride or die about music. As a fan, i care more about their personal well beings than whatever the clout they will have if they be more well known, because just look at b*ngt*n, they are successful but the pressure is immense.

Guest
Reactions:

Re: Mamamoo; korean girl group

#4579

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
07 Jan 2021, 23:22
Guest wrote:
07 Jan 2021, 23:16
Guest wrote:
07 Jan 2021, 19:42
what the fuck is that logic? They're not even from the same label
da huh?? It makes alot of sense though?? Rbws deafening silence even though their contract has technically ended and if an artist is renewing there wouldve already been news about it, makes this tweet make sense.
Yeah, the silence is really weird. If they don't make an announcement today, I'm gonna assume the worst...
It makes no sense for them to not say anything already. If it's bad news, they've been leading us on like fools.

Guest
Reactions:

Re: Mamamoo; korean girl group

#4580

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
08 Jan 2021, 00:50
Guest wrote:
07 Jan 2021, 23:47
Guest wrote:
07 Jan 2021, 23:20


kinda funny you'd mention sm, the big company known to mismanage their only gg and where the artists have so little control on the songs they perform. how many credits for all of rv, exo, taemin, tvqx for the thousands of songs they released ? why so few of them in the credits lists ? why so many people needed to create their songs ? you might like it, they might like it, people might like it, but that ain't mamamoo. they have been involved in their work since day one with one exception. all their solo work as of now is very them and at least hwasa can work with whomever she wants and have no kdh involved.
mamamoo can be managed better, rbw has done plenty of shit but you don't become a top gg for years being a vocal group from a nugu company with all members being top notch soloists if said company has not done some things right. mamamoo are already really rich, independent, in control of their work. new contracts with better share of profits and more freedom what's not to like. wonder who can offer or has offered them better terms as in things they can't have with rbw.
You obviousy cant read cause my point was about their music being good because they work with alot of different producers because i was replying to the point about working with new producers. You've obviously never see a sm artist credit if you think the producer credit is too long. The problem with kpop now is kpop fans thinking self produced automatically makes a song good. writing your own song doesnt make you more of an artist than those that dont. Thats why producers exist. If an idol doesnt compose their song its because they cant. ch*nyeol, taemin, jonghyun, ta*yong are the ones i can think of rn that self produces. You think sm is gonna give up professional producers that make quality songs just for kpop fans validation. Also their solo artists are actively involved with their solo preperations and k*i mentioned choosing the songs he wanted for his album and came up with the film. s*hun and ch*nyeol unit was all self produced, planned and managed. Same goes for taemin, jonghyun and taeyeon. So this idea because their idols arent dominating komca means they dont have creative freedom is so false. And it was pushed by armys because of their b*s is a real artist and not idol shit. gdr*gon was the reason kpop companies started pushing the idol producer image. I dont like sm and dont want the girls to go there. My only point was that their music is good. Sm is a shitty and shady company that only cares about their male artists.
rbw have showed they cant handle their solo careers. And with new groups also debuting, the only thing that can save them is if theres a company wide improvement.
Producing your own art does make idol an artist. The difference is whether the things you produced are good or not. Writing and composing a good songs that appeal to a lot of people (especially non-fans) makes you a good artist. I personally not impress with high KOMCA credit when majority of the songs make no ‘noise’.
lmaoo no it doesnt. Only kpop stans think that. If you can produce music as well as rap or sing or dance it just means you know how to do one more thing. Same way some people can sing and dance, rap and dance, rap and sing. Are producers that cant sing artists? No one says dancers that cant choreograph arent artists. Singing, rapping, dancing are forms of art and anyone that can do it are artists. The way western stans dont gaf if an artist doesnt or does write their songs. Wheein only has 3 komca credits, does it make her any less of an artist than the other members? Like the only reason the korean gp dont think of idols as artist is because they dont think theyre talented, think theyre robotic and are just there to sell face and be fake bf and gf for fans.

Guest
Reactions:

Re: Mamamoo; korean girl group

#4581

Post by Guest »

Today's the final day of their contract

Guest
Reactions:

Re: Mamamoo; korean girl group

#4582

Post by Guest »

why are you all trusting idols so much? even if they've said they're always OT4 there is a chance mmm only said that to comfort yall asses. it's not like all of them been completely honest to us. "we will show you another side of us" but mmm keep coming back with similar noise and loud AR track while performing. let's not fool ourselves alright? just prepare yourself

Guest
Reactions:

Re: Mamamoo; korean girl group

#4583

Post by Guest »


Essotea
Reactions:

Re: Mamamoo; korean girl group

#4584

Post by Essotea »

Guest wrote:
08 Jan 2021, 06:34
why are you all trusting idols so much? even if they've said they're always OT4 there is a chance mmm only said that to comfort yall asses. it's not like all of them been completely honest to us. "we will show you another side of us" but mmm keep coming back with similar noise and loud AR track while performing. let's not fool ourselves alright? just prepare yourself
That's your interpretation of what she meant....she could have meant music or she could've meant the concept...either way you can't blame fans for being hopeful

Essotea
Reactions:

Re: Mamamoo; korean girl group

#4585

Post by Essotea »

Guest wrote:
08 Jan 2021, 07:50
We I guess we'll see then

Guest
Reactions:

Re: Mamamoo; korean girl group

#4586

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
08 Jan 2021, 06:34
why are you all trusting idols so much? even if they've said they're always OT4 there is a chance mmm only said that to comfort yall asses. it's not like all of them been completely honest to us. "we will show you another side of us" but mmm keep coming back with similar noise and loud AR track while performing. let's not fool ourselves alright? just prepare yourself
This is harsh, but I have to agree. Mamamoo are part of RBW, a company motivated, first and foremost, by money. Even if the members have good intentions and genuinely care about their fans, they might be contractually obligated to not say certain things.
The anon who mentioned they might have talked about concepts when they said "we will show you another side of us", could be right. But even in that case, I feel that Aya was the middle eastern/southeast asian version of Egotistic, and Dingga was GGBB's cousin. Not much originality there.
It wouldn't even be the first time the members say something that doesn't align with how the final product looks like. But again, I think the fault lies with RBW. We don't know what goes behind the scenes (they might have a habit of changing things up, last minute). Which could lead to the members being weary of making any definitive statements (or, maybe, they are just big trolls :lol: )

PS: if they don't disband and come back with a similar sound and concept to what they've been putting out in the last couple of years, I'm curious if the people who kept complaining that they only did boring retro will point it out, or, if they'll be too entranced by the choreo and backup dancers to care.

Guest
Reactions:

Re: Mamamoo; korean girl group

#4587

Post by Guest »

Essotea wrote:
08 Jan 2021, 09:03
Guest wrote:
08 Jan 2021, 07:50
We I guess we'll see then


This is, indeed, weird.

Guest
Reactions:

Re: Mamamoo; korean girl group

#4588

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
08 Jan 2021, 11:12
Essotea wrote:
08 Jan 2021, 09:03
Guest wrote:
08 Jan 2021, 07:50
We I guess we'll see then


This is, indeed, weird.
Not really since thats what g0t7 did as well. They could very likely have extended their contract for 6 more months. Im pretty sure the january 8th thing means they can legally go to another company without facing any type of legal action. rbw doesnt own them anymore. To me this sounds like theyre not going to renew cause im pretty sure we would have heard something by now.

Guest
Reactions:

Re: Mamamoo; korean girl group

#4589

Post by Guest »



I know Solar's OST didn't stand out too much, but it's grown on me a lot. And I really like the atmosphere and the light in this video (although, I wish this were live).

Also, Mamamoo's Dingo Killing Voice it's on its way to 9 million views!

Guest
Reactions:

Re: Mamamoo; korean girl group

#4590

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
07 Jan 2021, 23:47
Guest wrote:
07 Jan 2021, 23:20
Guest wrote:
07 Jan 2021, 21:38

da mamamoo are being mismanaged though. Your point about working with new producers is confusing me cause isnt one of rbws fault is not letting them work with new producer so their music has downgraded and has gone stale. I mean, arent artists supposed to tell producers their style and goals and thats what mamamoo does so they could easily do it in another company. The reason sm artists music are good mostly, rv, exo, taemin, tvxq is because they have alot of different producers around the world on dial. Moving to another company because they want you and you like what theyre offering isnt as stressful as you're making it sound. If they find better alternatives, wouldnt it be smarter to take it? I would think mamamoo are smart enough and arent too overtly devoted to rbw to meet other agencies to have more options on their plates other than rbw. If theres no announcement today i think theyre gonna continue with rbw for the rest of the year and leave sometime at the end of summer
kinda funny you'd mention sm, the big company known to mismanage their only gg and where the artists have so little control on the songs they perform. how many credits for all of rv, exo, taemin, tvqx for the thousands of songs they released ? why so few of them in the credits lists ? why so many people needed to create their songs ? you might like it, they might like it, people might like it, but that ain't mamamoo. they have been involved in their work since day one with one exception. all their solo work as of now is very them and at least hwasa can work with whomever she wants and have no kdh involved.
mamamoo can be managed better, rbw has done plenty of shit but you don't become a top gg for years being a vocal group from a nugu company with all members being top notch soloists if said company has not done some things right. mamamoo are already really rich, independent, in control of their work. new contracts with better share of profits and more freedom what's not to like. wonder who can offer or has offered them better terms as in things they can't have with rbw.
You obviousy cant read cause my point was about their music being good because they work with alot of different producers because i was replying to the point about working with new producers. You've obviously never see a sm artist credit if you think the producer credit is too long. The problem with kpop now is kpop fans thinking self produced automatically makes a song good. writing your own song doesnt make you more of an artist than those that dont. Thats why producers exist. If an idol doesnt compose their song its because they cant. ch*nyeol, taemin, jonghyun, ta*yong are the ones i can think of rn that self produces. You think sm is gonna give up professional producers that make quality songs just for kpop fans validation. Also their solo artists are actively involved with their solo preperations and k*i mentioned choosing the songs he wanted for his album and came up with the film. s*hun and ch*nyeol unit was all self produced, planned and managed. Same goes for taemin, jonghyun and taeyeon. So this idea because their idols arent dominating komca means they dont have creative freedom is so false. And it was pushed by armys because of their b*s is a real artist and not idol shit. gdr*gon was the reason kpop companies started pushing the idol producer image. I dont like sm and dont want the girls to go there. My only point was that their music is good. Sm is a shitty and shady company that only cares about their male artists.
rbw have showed they cant handle their solo careers. And with new groups also debuting, the only thing that can save them is if theres a company wide improvement.
DA. That's your opinion, not a fact. Having producers from all over the world on dial doesn't mean good music. Self-composing doesn't mean good music.
You can't compare boy groups with girl groups, groups with soloists, rbw with sm.
My only concern for the future if they all stay with rbw as soloists is having to wait for their turn to release albums. I can see Moonbyul want to release more than one album a year for example.

I'm excited about Wheein's album and I hope she gets to work with some of the artists and producers she said she likes. And about YKBK, if they weren't trolling to begin with, I don't see them releasing a subunit album. I vote digital song or Solar ft on a Moonbyul pre-release track for her next album.

Guest
Reactions:

Re: Mamamoo; korean girl group

#4591

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
08 Jan 2021, 16:55
Guest wrote:
07 Jan 2021, 23:47
Guest wrote:
07 Jan 2021, 23:20


kinda funny you'd mention sm, the big company known to mismanage their only gg and where the artists have so little control on the songs they perform. how many credits for all of rv, exo, taemin, tvqx for the thousands of songs they released ? why so few of them in the credits lists ? why so many people needed to create their songs ? you might like it, they might like it, people might like it, but that ain't mamamoo. they have been involved in their work since day one with one exception. all their solo work as of now is very them and at least hwasa can work with whomever she wants and have no kdh involved.
mamamoo can be managed better, rbw has done plenty of shit but you don't become a top gg for years being a vocal group from a nugu company with all members being top notch soloists if said company has not done some things right. mamamoo are already really rich, independent, in control of their work. new contracts with better share of profits and more freedom what's not to like. wonder who can offer or has offered them better terms as in things they can't have with rbw.
You obviousy cant read cause my point was about their music being good because they work with alot of different producers because i was replying to the point about working with new producers. You've obviously never see a sm artist credit if you think the producer credit is too long. The problem with kpop now is kpop fans thinking self produced automatically makes a song good. writing your own song doesnt make you more of an artist than those that dont. Thats why producers exist. If an idol doesnt compose their song its because they cant. ch*nyeol, taemin, jonghyun, ta*yong are the ones i can think of rn that self produces. You think sm is gonna give up professional producers that make quality songs just for kpop fans validation. Also their solo artists are actively involved with their solo preperations and k*i mentioned choosing the songs he wanted for his album and came up with the film. s*hun and ch*nyeol unit was all self produced, planned and managed. Same goes for taemin, jonghyun and taeyeon. So this idea because their idols arent dominating komca means they dont have creative freedom is so false. And it was pushed by armys because of their b*s is a real artist and not idol shit. gdr*gon was the reason kpop companies started pushing the idol producer image. I dont like sm and dont want the girls to go there. My only point was that their music is good. Sm is a shitty and shady company that only cares about their male artists.
rbw have showed they cant handle their solo careers. And with new groups also debuting, the only thing that can save them is if theres a company wide improvement.
DA. That's your opinion, not a fact. Having producers from all over the world on dial doesn't mean good music. Self-composing doesn't mean good music.
You can't compare boy groups with girl groups, groups with soloists, rbw with sm.
My only concern for the future if they all stay with rbw as soloists is having to wait for their turn to release albums. I can see Moonbyul want to release more than one album a year for example.

I'm excited about Wheein's album and I hope she gets to work with some of the artists and producers she said she likes. And about YKBK, if they weren't trolling to begin with, I don't see them releasing a subunit album. I vote digital song or Solar ft on a Moonbyul pre-release track for her next album.
What are you talking about??? Having different producers means you're not pulling a rbw and overworking the 3 producers, causing them to have burnout and release uninspired songs. Where tf did I compare bgs and ggs. Where did I compare soloists and groups?? Me simply saying rbw should outsource producers isnt comparing them with sm???

Guest
Reactions:

Re: Mamamoo; korean girl group

#4592

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
08 Jan 2021, 01:26
Guest wrote:
07 Jan 2021, 21:38
Guest wrote:
07 Jan 2021, 20:50
im like 99% sure they already resigned but under different contracts with different terms & expiration dates. In my imagination, the girl will sign to RBW as soloist & have another contract binding them to Mamamoo (which I assume a RBW's property). Hopefully, it comes with better profit sharing, promotion opportunity (case in point RBW twitter starting to promote solarsido channel) and more control on their group activities & music making. There is simply no point to move to another agency unless the profit sharing is sh!t or being mismanaged (like g*t7 case), people like to think moving to another company and work with new producers who have no prior knowledge about your musical style or goals, is easy as eating a cake but very untrue. So yeah, there is no incentive for the girls to seeking out better alternatives (there are better options for sure, but it will cost time & energy or even change in working style to really utilizing those alternatives). Term wise I think it will be another 3 years or even less, so the girls can have freedom to pursue whatever afterwards.
da mamamoo are being mismanaged though. Your point about working with new producers is confusing me cause isnt one of rbws fault is not letting them work with new producer so their music has downgraded and has gone stale. I mean, arent artists supposed to tell producers their style and goals and thats what mamamoo does so they could easily do it in another company. The reason sm artists music are good mostly, rv, exo, taemin, tvxq is because they have alot of different producers around the world on dial. Moving to another company because they want you and you like what theyre offering isnt as stressful as you're making it sound. If they find better alternatives, wouldnt it be smarter to take it? I would think mamamoo are smart enough and arent too overtly devoted to rbw to meet other agencies to have more options on their plates other than rbw. If theres no announcement today i think theyre gonna continue with rbw for the rest of the year and leave sometime at the end of summer
Because they personally involve with the music creation side, and it both a blessing and a curse. Blessing because they have freedom in creating music they like, and they need producers who will understand their intention and deliver it in terms of music, a curse because this requires a deeper connection between artist and producers. Maybe the truth is the girls are getting too comfortable with their own in-house producers, and they don't want to venture out.The reason why sm artist music are good because sm artist never involve in the creating process, they just sing the final product, every single step in the process has been standardized and being discussion by teams of people. You act as if moving to another company is easy but even hyun* or d*wn moving to p*nation take time to churn out music, they not one month jump to new company and another month releasing bops for you. It requires you meet and greet with entire new team, not only music but also marketing, PR and even stylist. As I said there are better option out there, but any better options require a large amount of commitment to shift your working style and effort to getting fit into that company and it is hard and not easy as many thinks. 3M are still at the peaks, there is no reason to waste time getting adjusted to new company if the current company willing to share more and put you as their #1 priority. Also extension is unlikely because their 2014 contract must so fucking trash just because they were nugu at time, there is no point to extend that contract. To this point, people need to decide whether they want a successful but a soulless mamamoo or a mamamoo that ride or die about music. As a fan, i care more about their personal well beings than whatever the clout they will have if they be more well known, because just look at b*ngt*n, they are successful but the pressure is immense.
You're acting like mamamoo are gonna be the first people to ever work with new people and move companies. There are soo many producers in the industry, I'm pretty sure they can find ones that they like and vibe with. Its literally not as difficult as you're making it sound lmaoo. Sm soloists are usually involved with the creative process of their cbs though and so are some of their groups. Why do yall want kpop idols to release music every so often. That's why the music be going to shit cause its quantity instead of quality. You're acting as if it's only ever edawn and hyuna that have moved companies. Alot of artists have moved companies and release music shortly after. You do know edawn and hyuna took a short break before returning to music after the scandal. Both were also actively involved in their creative process in cube. Edawn with his group member and other producers. Hyuna as well with her solo career.
Is rbw gonna put them as no 1 priority. when they have 2 groups currently not doing too good, a vietnamese bg and a new gg. Or will they just continue to use them as a cash cow when they need it.
Extension till only the 6th of june where solar says their contract ends might've happened. But we dont know what's really going on. Its sketchy because usually if a group is renewing there would have been an announcement by now. If they did extend it to the 6th I'm pretty sure that means they dont plan to sign a new contract with rbw. It's all still up in the air. If they leave rbw they're most likely they cant use the name mamamoo till september 2026 cause rbw has it trademarked.
It can be argued though, the mamamoo, as a group, we are seeing now is soulless and passionless for their group activities. They look like they prefer their solo activities more than their group activities. They have way more freedom as soloists than as a group. And get to express themselves how they want.
I rather the girls get to express themselves as soloist where they would be more appreciated and more effort put than stay at rbw for mamamoo cause fans think they could be popular internationally if it happens but in the process sacrificing their solo careers cause rbw will fuck it up.

Guest
Reactions:

Re: Mamamoo; korean girl group

#4593

Post by Guest »

Mt 2 cents about the renewal. It will happen if mamamoo have a more income-more solo-more solo variety/cf/acting/ost/other activities-less festival appearances points factored in.

As a group (if we take away the personal bonding) musically they have lost their edge and are considered a senior group (for a gg that means a short shelf life) so wanting to branch out solo and build their own brands is not a bad idea . They could do it under rbw while still being part of mmm (if they don't disband) or have another agency manage them for the solos.


We have already seen Hwasa branch out successfully in both music and variety. Solar's trying the same with moderate success yet. Also I have a feeling she wants to branch out in acting and is using variety as a way in. Byul still hasn't done anything apart from music (avengirls feels like a weekly filler and her handling of it also seems cute yet highly disorganized) wheein does music best as was highlighted by her stint in the secret unnie thing....

So really, while it seems to be a purely business oriented decision to not let the cash flow die by disbanding (on both mmm and rbw's side). If they do continue I really won't be hoping for anything other than average fare from them anymore.

P.s: as a group they have been so weird since 2018 yet it also co-incides with their popularity growing (in part to hwasa becoming a force to reckon with in the industry). I do however think we might see some got7 type moves being pulled by mmm before they settle into any contract be it with rbw or any other agency.

Guest
Reactions:

Re: Mamamoo; korean girl group

#4594

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
08 Jan 2021, 18:41
Mt 2 cents about the renewal. It will happen if mamamoo have a more income-more solo-more solo variety/cf/acting/ost/other activities-less festival appearances points factored in.

As a group (if we take away the personal bonding) musically they have lost their edge and are considered a senior group (for a gg that means a short shelf life) so wanting to branch out solo and build their own brands is not a bad idea . They could do it under rbw while still being part of mmm (if they don't disband) or have another agency manage them for the solos.


We have already seen Hwasa branch out successfully in both music and variety. Solar's trying the same with moderate success yet. Also I have a feeling she wants to branch out in acting and is using variety as a way in. Byul still hasn't done anything apart from music (avengirls feels like a weekly filler and her handling of it also seems cute yet highly disorganized) wheein does music best as was highlighted by her stint in the secret unnie thing....

So really, while it seems to be a purely business oriented decision to not let the cash flow die by disbanding (on both mmm and rbw's side). If they do continue I really won't be hoping for anything other than average fare from them anymore.

P.s: as a group they have been so weird since 2018 yet it also co-incides with their popularity growing (in part to hwasa becoming a force to reckon with in the industry). I do however think we might see some got7 type moves being pulled by mmm before they settle into any contract be it with rbw or any other agency.
I hate that I agree with this. The last performance of them that I truly enjoyed was Party People back in 2017. The rest was me trying to be positive; thinking this is just their idol phase but the quality really ran out huh

Guest
Reactions:

Re: Mamamoo; korean girl group

#4595

Post by Guest »

I've never seen a place where people hate Mamamoo this much outside of a blink group chat

Guest
Reactions:

Re: Mamamoo; korean girl group

#4596

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
08 Jan 2021, 22:50
I've never seen a place where people hate Mamamoo this much outside of a blink group chat
lmaooo X2

essotea
Reactions:

Re: Mamamoo; korean girl group

#4597

Post by essotea »

Guest wrote:
08 Jan 2021, 22:50
I've never seen a place where people hate Mamamoo this much outside of a blink group chat
don't get me wrong there are definitely some haters in this place but I think some are being too emotional. It's almost as if they're putting themselves in place of the members.

guest
Reactions:

Re: Mamamoo; korean girl group

#4598

Post by guest »

Guest wrote:
08 Jan 2021, 19:40
Guest wrote:
08 Jan 2021, 18:41
Mt 2 cents about the renewal. It will happen if mamamoo have a more income-more solo-more solo variety/cf/acting/ost/other activities-less festival appearances points factored in.

As a group (if we take away the personal bonding) musically they have lost their edge and are considered a senior group (for a gg that means a short shelf life) so wanting to branch out solo and build their own brands is not a bad idea . They could do it under rbw while still being part of mmm (if they don't disband) or have another agency manage them for the solos.


We have already seen Hwasa branch out successfully in both music and variety. Solar's trying the same with moderate success yet. Also I have a feeling she wants to branch out in acting and is using variety as a way in. Byul still hasn't done anything apart from music (avengirls feels like a weekly filler and her handling of it also seems cute yet highly disorganized) wheein does music best as was highlighted by her stint in the secret unnie thing....

So really, while it seems to be a purely business oriented decision to not let the cash flow die by disbanding (on both mmm and rbw's side). If they do continue I really won't be hoping for anything other than average fare from them anymore.

P.s: as a group they have been so weird since 2018 yet it also co-incides with their popularity growing (in part to hwasa becoming a force to reckon with in the industry). I do however think we might see some got7 type moves being pulled by mmm before they settle into any contract be it with rbw or any other agency.
I hate that I agree with this. The last performance of them that I truly enjoyed was Party People back in 2017. The rest was me trying to be positive; thinking this is just their idol phase but the quality really ran out huh
That's a shame for you, I started paying more attention to the group after Gogobebe and Destiny.

Guest
Reactions:

Re: Mamamoo; korean girl group

#4599

Post by Guest »

essotea wrote:
08 Jan 2021, 23:59
Guest wrote:
08 Jan 2021, 22:50
I've never seen a place where people hate Mamamoo this much outside of a blink group chat
don't get me wrong there are definitely some haters in this place but I think some are being too emotional. It's almost as if they're putting themselves in place of the members.
Kpop is built off parasocial relationships between fan and idol, fans not liking a ton of straight up hate is unsurprising.

Guest
Reactions:

Re: Mamamoo; korean girl group

#4600

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 Jan 2021, 02:32
essotea wrote:
08 Jan 2021, 23:59
Guest wrote:
08 Jan 2021, 22:50
I've never seen a place where people hate Mamamoo this much outside of a blink group chat
don't get me wrong there are definitely some haters in this place but I think some are being too emotional. It's almost as if they're putting themselves in place of the members.
Kpop is built off parasocial relationships between fan and idol, fans not liking a ton of straight up hate is unsurprising.
Da when kpop fans learn the difference between hate and criticism. Imagine thinking what people are saying is on par with the hate mamamoo gets from actual antis.
Also what I've noticed is on twitter moos tend to blame all their criticism on rbw and if a moo does hold the girls to a critic they're usually ratioed. I mean someone pointed out yesterday how wrong it is that yong doesnt have a translator for her youtube and fans are doing free labour for her instead of basically forcing her and rbw to provide subs. But people call out rbw all the times for not adding subs. Ive been seeing sooo many complaints about their mv and kdh uninspired songs and repeating songs basically. Ive also seen ppl blame award shows for the high mr or ar instead of just criticising the more lipsyncing, less vocal direction the girls are taking. For a group that fans brag about having alot of creative freedom, everything they dont like about mamamoos new direction is blamed on everyone else but them. So do they really have as much creative freedom (when it comes to group activities) as moos think.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 48 guests