Discord

Sentry
Reactions: 97

Discord

Post by Sentry »

Trouble shooting thread for those having issues. No question is stupid. Ask away.

I'll be editing this post with images to hopefully help explain some problems. Also might post some youtube links.

Discord is not required for the new forum btw. I got asked this a lot.

Voice validation is only required for member role.

Member role gives you these perks:

Confirmed woman
Upload access to server of files + embed links
Member section open on Discord

We'll be expanding the server based on user feedback for threads (called 'channels' on Discord).

'tlc is dead fuck discord' don't join. It's not a requirement. It's another alternative for folks to keep updated on the new forum and keep in touch with other TLC folks. That's it.

TLC Discord: https://discord.gg/BQ9Yc7N

WHEN YOU JOIN @ A MOD OR STAFF SO WE CAN ADD YOUR ROLES AND YOU WON'T GET KICKED
I am not an Administrator. Please contact those in the group 'Administrator' for account-related questions.

For ban overturns contact me in a DM on here or Discord. You must provide an IP address for any bans to be looked at.

Sentry

Post by Sentry »

FAQs.

Why am I being kicked off?

You need to stay on Discord for at least ten minutes. It's a security feature that sadly I can't lower down in time. Once a mod gives you 'anon' rank you can post in #validation for 18+ or if you want to voice chat for member role.

Why can't I post in general?

No one can. It is an active alert section for mods to see who joins so we can handle trolls quickly or toss ranks out.

Where at the threads at?

They're called 'channels'. We haven't put all of TLC on Discord just some popular threads. If you don't see yours you may request with other members in the #complaints-requests channel to have one opened.

I want to be voice validated to be a member!

Ask in validation and a mod will be with you ASAP.

How many members can join the server?

I am not an Administrator. Please contact those in the group 'Administrator' for account-related questions.

For ban overturns contact me in a DM on here or Discord. You must provide an IP address for any bans to be looked at.

Sentry

Post by Sentry »

Single actress threads and most shipping ones are currently not up.

We will be monitoring requests for some active ships and add them accordingly.

Example: User1 wants SuperCorp. User1 goes into #requests-complaints channel on Discord and suggests for the server to have a SuperCorp channel.

Moderation team will talk about the suggestions and decide on the next course. Depending on the level of trolling a suggestion has endured in the past, the new feature may show up for all anons or just members.

There will be some adjusts to #requests-complaints to streamline this.

Shanade
Reactions: 0

Post by Shanade »

Voice validation?

Sentry

Post by Sentry »

Shanade wrote:Voice validation?
Correct. In order to weed out male trolls we're doing voice validation if folks want member role.

Basically chat for ten seconds with a mod and that's it. Usually ask if you want the member role and if you're wanting to be given 18+ role.

Mods will not ask you for your password or any sensitive information. You can either join the server voice channel when mods are in it to talk or request a call on Discord by a mod.

If voice chat makes folks uncomfortable for whatever reason they can stay with just anon rank and an 18+. You still will see most of the server and be able to post.

WeRTheNewKids
Reactions: 1

Post by WeRTheNewKids »

Sentry wrote:
Correct. In order to weed out male trolls we're doing voice validation if folks want member role.

Basically chat for ten seconds with a mod and that's it. Usually ask if you want the member role and if you're wanting to be given 18+ role.

Mods will not ask you for your password or any sensitive information. You can either join the server voice channel when mods are in it to talk or request a call on Discord by a mod.

If voice chat makes folks uncomfortable for whatever reason they can stay with just anon rank and an 18+. You still will see most of the server and be able to post.
Hey Sentry, I did the voice validation with you, am I supposed to do something else? Because I still see the lock next to all the threads. So I'm not certain if I'm actually a member yet.

Shanade

Post by Shanade »

Sentry wrote:

Yeah it's just such a huge jump from being anonymous. And honestly a lot of gay men can sound like women. Plus, you could play around with your sound quality to make it sound the way you want. The male trolls in the IWTSS thread would sometimes post vocaroos that would sound like women.

I do appreciate the effort but idk. I've been on here long enough to know that many lchatters are psychos. I would just really rather not Discord anything with anyone I don't know.

dadou
Reactions: 249

Post by dadou »

Shanade wrote:
Sentry wrote:

Yeah it's just such a huge jump from being anonymous. And honestly a lot of gay men can sound like women. Plus, you could play around with your sound quality to make it sound the way you want. The male trolls in the IWTSS thread would sometimes post vocaroos that would sound like women.

I do appreciate the effort but idk. I've been on here long enough to know that many lchatters are psychos. I would just really rather not Discord anything with anyone I don't know.
Just so you know Shanade on friday this board will go dark , you wont be able to see it anymore. If you dont want to voice chat its fine just come as an anon , you will have restricted access but you will see the announcement about the new board.
:tinfoil:

dadou

Post by dadou »

WeRTheNewKids wrote:
Sentry wrote:

Hey Sentry, I did the voice validation with you, am I supposed to do something else? Because I still see the lock next to all the threads. So I'm not certain if I'm actually a member yet.
you are validated you can access all the threads.

Sentry

Post by Sentry »

WeRTheNewKids wrote: Hey Sentry, I did the voice validation with you, am I supposed to do something else? Because I still see the lock next to all the threads. So I'm not certain if I'm actually a member yet.
The lock means it requires a role to see.

You're good even with the locks. Those locks pretty much says anyone hopping on needs at least anon rank to be able to preview or post in that channel.

Sentry

Post by Sentry »

Shanade wrote: Yeah it's just such a huge jump from being anonymous. And honestly a lot of gay men can sound like women. Plus, you could play around with your sound quality to make it sound the way you want. The male trolls in the IWTSS thread would sometimes post vocaroos that would sound like women.

I agree it isn't the 100% full proof method. It's a bit of a step up I'd say.

People can join as 'anon' on the server along with whatever handle they sign up with. I am also going to be going into depth for security purposes to help folks not get harassed by the... colorful TLC folks we have as you've mentioned.

Turning off DMs on the TLC server + anon handle is the way to stay true anon on server.

Shanade

Post by Shanade »

dadou wrote:
Shanade wrote:
Sentry wrote:

Just so you know Shanade on friday this board will go dark , you wont be able to see it anymore. If you dont want to voice chat its fine just come as an anon , you will have restricted access but you will see the announcement about the new board.
Where is the new board going to be?

dadou

Post by dadou »

Shanade wrote:
dadou wrote:
Shanade wrote:
Sentry wrote:

Dont know yet, we know it will be with phhbb but smurf will try to migrate everything first and that can be complicated.

Shanade

Post by Shanade »

dadou wrote:
Shanade wrote:
dadou wrote:
Shanade wrote:
Sentry wrote: Correct. In order to weed out male trolls we're doing voice validation if folks want member role.

Dont know yet, we know it will be with phhbb but smurf will try to migrate everything first and that can be complicated.
Oh okay. I'm a bit confused tbh. Will we be messaged the new link?

Shanade

Post by Shanade »

Sentry wrote:
Shanade wrote: Yeah it's just such a huge jump from being anonymous. And honestly a lot of gay men can sound like women. Plus, you could play around with your sound quality to make it sound the way you want. The male trolls in the IWTSS thread would sometimes post vocaroos that would sound like women.

People can join as 'anon' on the server along with whatever handle they sign up with. I am also going to be going into depth for security purposes to help folks not get harassed by the... colorful TLC folks we have as you've mentioned.

Turning off DMs on the TLC server + anon handle is the way to stay true anon on server.
That's honestly comforting. There are a few trolls I'm worried about and one of them is a woman (Dad/Lies). If it weren't for users like that, I would be fully involved.

But you know what, I just realized that all of the validating will now allow the mods to keep better track of the crazier users and keep them on an autoban list. I'll probably join eventually. Just a bit scared for now lol

dadou

Post by dadou »

Shanade wrote:
dadou wrote:
Shanade wrote:
dadou wrote:

You mean the link for discord or the link for the new board?

If you want the lin for Discord here it is https://discord.gg/hnhyfZ

Concerning the new board the link will be shared on discord after the new board is set up and there is no timeline on that . Thats why Discord was set up so you can ahve a place to chat and then once the new board is set up and the link shared you can stay leave discord or stay its up to you .

dadou

Post by dadou »

Shanade wrote:
Sentry wrote:

That's honestly comforting. There are a few trolls I'm worried about and one of them is a woman (Dad/Lies). If it weren't for users like that, I would be fully involved.

But you know what, I just realized that all of the validating will now allow the mods to keep better track of the crazier users and keep them on an autoban list. I'll probably join eventually. Just a bit scared for now lol

just make sure you join before Friday , after that we wont be able to share the Discord link with you .

Shanade

Post by Shanade »

dadou wrote:
Shanade wrote:
dadou wrote:
Shanade wrote:
dadou wrote: Just so you know Shanade on friday this board will go dark , you wont be able to see it anymore. If you dont want to voice chat its fine just come as an anon , you will have restricted access but you will see the announcement about the new board.
You mean the link for discord or the link for the new board?

If you want the lin for Discord here it is https://discord.gg/hnhyfZ

Concerning the new board the link will be shared on discord after the new board is set up and there is no timeline on that . Thats why Discord was set up so you can ahve a place to chat and then once the new board is set up and the link shared you can stay leave discord or stay its up to you .
Yes sorry, this is what I meant. Thank you

Sentry

Post by Sentry »

Shanade wrote: That's honestly comforting. There are a few trolls I'm worried about and one of them is a woman (Dad/Lies). If it weren't for users like that, I would be fully involved.

Banning on Discord is much more effective at purging trolls and their posts. Things are kept in an organized fashion.

When you join please feel free to reach out to a mod if you have any questions or need help.

chick-a-lick

Post by chick-a-lick »

Why do I have to "claim" an email account just to join Discord?
It's not the same as creating an account -- it wants access to the email account that's provided.
This is creepy.
And
I don't want to "talk" to Discord.
I don't want to face time with Discord.

Honestly, there is way too much Big Brother about Discord for my comfort.

This means that after years of zetaboard, then enduring spam, and hanging in there with - -- I (and I'm sure I'm not alone) will no longer be able to engage in these discussions.

Sentry

Post by Sentry »

chick-a-lick wrote:Why do I have to "claim" an email account just to join Discord?
It's not the same as creating an account -- it wants access to the email account that's provided.
This is creepy.
And
I don't want to "talk" to Discord.
I don't want to face time with Discord.

Honestly, there is way too much Big Brother about Discord for my comfort.

This means that after years of zetaboard, then enduring spam, and hanging in there with - -- I (and I'm sure I'm not alone) will no longer be able to engage in these discussions.
Security setting is requiring all folks who join to have an email address.

I never see the email address.

No one on Discord sees your email address. It is linked to your account in the event you lose your password, enable 2AF, or make Nitro payments it sends a receipt.

Don't talk then. Get an anon role.

THERE IS NO FACE TIMING ON DISCORD. Staff members will NOT video chat will anyone for validation.

Here is the most anyone on the server can see from you when they click your name. Note that I am the admin on the server so...

Windstruck
Reactions: 5

Post by Windstruck »

How do you do voice for those ones who are Deaf? =|

Skigal2

Post by Skigal2 »

Hi,

I joined discord yesterday in prep for your migration later this week. I didn't do the voice validation for privacy. Can you clarify if those who haven't engaged voice activation will still be able to see the various TLC channels/topics? Thanks in advance for clarifying.

dadou

Post by dadou »

Windstruck wrote:How do you do voice for those ones who are Deaf? =|
I will dm you on this board .

dadou

Post by dadou »

Skigal2 wrote:Hi,

I joined discord yesterday in prep for your migration later this week. I didn't do the voice validation for privacy. Can you clarify if those who haven't engaged voice activation will still be able to see the various TLC channels/topics? Thanks in advance for clarifying.
yes you can stay anon , you will have limited access and will be able to comment but wont have access to the member section and wont be able to post link or picture.

Skigal2

Post by Skigal2 »

dadou wrote:

yes you can stay anon , you will have limited access and will be able to comment but wont have access to the member section and wont be able to post link or picture.
Thanks. If I later choose to go through voice activation on discord, how is that done if I'll be accessing discord via web access (won't be downloading the app)? Wasn't clear on how to engage that voice validation? Voice validation can be done if you're on a tablet? And it's a quick audio convo w/ one of the TLC admins?

bluejeans

Post by bluejeans »

Skigal2 wrote:
dadou wrote:

Thanks. If I later choose to go through voice activation on discord, how is that done if I'll be accessing discord via web access (won't be downloading the app)? Wasn't clear on how to engage that voice validation? Voice validation can be done if you're on a tablet? And it's a quick audio convo w/ one of the TLC admins?
Yes, you can still do the voice validation via web access as long you have a headset or mic. It's just a very quick chat with one of the mods so we can verify you're a woman.

smell me Eve
Reactions:

Post by smell me Eve »

Hi, when I click on that link for discord it says I am banned. What is happening?

Sentry

Post by Sentry »

smell me Eve wrote:Hi, when I click on that link for discord it says I am banned. What is happening?
PM me here your user name you have on Discord.

Ariez4490

Post by Ariez4490 »

Hey guys don't be scared to voice validate its just a 5 second chat to say you're 18+ ^_^

ChartReader

Post by ChartReader »

Alas, after 15 minutes the Discord screen still says "verifying email" followed by "now lets check to see if you are human".
SIGNATURE: Venus and Jupiter are rising as a pair before the Sun. I think about the traditional meaning of this combination. It is Love and Goodwill and I am very much feeling that right now.

ChartReader

Post by ChartReader »

Discord page is unchanged and offers no other links. I click discord link and try to sign in and it returns me to a page to validate email. Oh, well.
SIGNATURE: Venus and Jupiter are rising as a pair before the Sun. I think about the traditional meaning of this combination. It is Love and Goodwill and I am very much feeling that right now.

cancer

Post by cancer »

ChartReader wrote:Alas, after 15 minutes the Discord screen still says "verifying email" followed by "now lets check to see if you are human".
Is this on the app? Try signing in and selecting forgot password and resetting that way.

cancer

Post by cancer »

or sign in standalone and then click the discord link?

ChartReader

Post by ChartReader »

cancer wrote:or sign in standalone and then click the discord link?
I am using my web browser.

The process simply stopped at the email validation page. I clicked the discord link and it referred me back to a page to validate email.

I will disable everything and I will try again from the beginning.

ChartReader

Post by ChartReader »

Nope, that doesn't work. The screen said "email already registered".

I suppose I will try logging in now.

ChartReader

Post by ChartReader »

Well, f*ck everything.

I cannot get into my account at Discord. It again says "email is already registered"

Screw that.

Sentry

Post by Sentry »

I'll be able to help trouble shoot when I get home. We have two Chartreaders on the server fyi.

ChartReader

Post by ChartReader »

Sentry wrote:I'll be able to help trouble shoot when I get home. We have two Chartreaders on the server fyi.
Good grief!

I don't know if I created 2 ChartReaders just today, or if someone else stole my name. Today was the first time I attempted to get onto Discord.

Sentry

Post by Sentry »

ChartReader wrote:
Sentry wrote:I'll be able to help trouble shoot when I get home. We have two Chartreaders on the server fyi.
Good grief!

I don't know if I created 2 ChartReaders just today, or if someone else stole my name. Today was the first time I attempted to get onto Discord.
Someone tried to take your name. If you PM me the number you created I will boot the other one.

Number is like ChartReader#0000 <-- those four random numbers that show up in public profile. Unique to everyone.

ChartReader

Post by ChartReader »

Sentry wrote:
ChartReader wrote:
Good grief!

Someone tried to take your name. If you PM me the number you created I will boot the other one.

Number is like ChartReader#0000 <-- those four random numbers that show up in public profile. Unique to everyone.
I didn't pick 4 random numbers, I just put ChartReader in user name box.

ChartReader

Post by ChartReader »

Sentry wrote:
ChartReader wrote:
Good grief!

Clarifying, I did not get four random numbers at any point on Discord. It asked for my user name, birth date, email and password. I clicked the "validate email" link that was emailed to me. Discord then displayed "validating email" screen and made no further progress.

cancer

Post by cancer »

ChartReader wrote:Nope, that doesn't work. The screen said "email already registered".

I think if it's saying that you should try to reset your password with the email you used to sign in, and attempt to sign in again from there.

If not, maybe try another browser or download the client.

ChartReader

Post by ChartReader »

cancer wrote:
ChartReader wrote:Nope, that doesn't work. The screen said "email already registered".

I think if it's saying that you should try to reset your password with the email you used to sign in, and attempt to sign in again from there.

If not, maybe try another browser or download the client .
Everything is fine now.

I went to Chrome (from FireFox), downloaded the app, logged in and validated email without any further problems.

ChartReader

Post by ChartReader »

Sentry wrote:
ChartReader wrote:
Good grief!

Now, I have 4 random numbers and I am currently logged into Discord.

Everything is fine now - after switching browsers and downloading the client.

Ida

Post by Ida »

Why are we moving again? Also the discord app asks if it can access my cell phone photos.
<a href='https://lchatstopover.freeforums.net/bo ... discussion' rel='nofollow noopener' target='_blank'>Be yourself, everybody else is already taken</a>

Ida

Post by Ida »

Shanade wrote:
Sentry wrote:

You cant manipulate a live response, voice confirmation live is accurate. Also there were only two men in the IWTSS thread. One used his own male voice on vocoroo, the other vocoroos were women, Mental, AMI and Wonky are women.
<a href='https://lchatstopover.freeforums.net/bo ... discussion' rel='nofollow noopener' target='_blank'>Be yourself, everybody else is already taken</a>

Sentry

Post by Sentry »

Ida wrote:Why are we moving again? Also the discord app asks if it can access my cell phone photos.
You can decline. Anon rank cannot upload photos anyways.

dadou

Post by dadou »

Ida wrote:Why are we moving again? Also the discord app asks if it can access my cell phone photos.
We are moving to a new board because we have become too big for - and thye can no longer support us. Discord was set up as way for people to keep chattign until the new board can be set up adn we dont know how long it will take . Once the new board is set up you can chose to stay on discord and have two places to talk or just hop out of Discord . And if discord asking you to have access to your photo just say no like any other app.

Ida

Post by Ida »

dadou wrote:
We are moving to a new board because we have become too big for - and thye can no longer support us. Discord was set up as way for people to keep chattign until the new board can be set up adn we dont know how long it will take . Once the new board is set up you can chose to stay on discord and have two places to talk or just hop out of Discord . And if discord asking you to have access to your photo just say no like any other app.
Thanks for the response. I prefer this forum to discord, any chance of leaving it open till the transition to the other forum is complete?